Game comes out

>game comes out
>it's shit according to Yea Forums
>sequel comes out
>suddenly said "shit game" is better than the sequel according to Yea Forums
>"Reeeeeee I want a port/sequel to this game on Switch"
Why the FUCK didn't you buy the game when it released Yea Forums????? You have NO excuse!

Attached: [email protected] (1800x1272, 588K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oB2w-_gLMkM
youtu.be/SZxLijQvEa4?t=76
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But I did buy the game. And it's my favorite game of all time.

I bought it but couldn't stomach it after the first chapters, also, why is the text in the game so small? I swear you need a magnifying glass to read it

I bought a Wii U for it, but I had to sell it because I became homeless and my life went to complete shit about a month before XBX came out.

Attached: 1551000246488.jpg (1024x681, 95K)

Yea Forums is a faggot so not really surprised desu

I also bought a Wii U for it. While I did not have my life go to shit, I did get really ill shortly after launch and have hazy memories of taking breaks to shit myself inside-out while combing Noctilum on foot. Good times. I hope you get to enjoy it one day!

Attached: clap clap honk.jpg (1728x1624, 727K)

Bumping because y'all have no taste

Censorship shit

Bought it used later and loved it

Will do it again if they do it again

Bought it on release. Didn't enjoy it because it focused on aspects of the first game I didn't care for and disregarded the parts I did. I love XB 1 and to a slightly lesser extent 2. Also the mechs were disappointing in several ways.
I'll get around to playing XenoGears some day I swear

>>it's shit according to Yea Forums

I never said it was shit. I said it was okay.

>dude on foot with katana in hand outdamages giant robot with fuckhueg cannon
Anime as fuck.

Attached: 1437276723643.jpg (4012x3548, 1.57M)

The mechs are awfully implemented. XC1 and XC2 are simply better games.

I bought the game at launch because I was very excited for a sequel to Blade and thought there was no way it could be bad. Never did finish it. 2 was far better.

I did buy it. It's awesome.

Attached: 300 hours count.jpg (1280x720, 501K)

Nice blog faggots

>461245501
>what is discussion

But I always though it was the best JRPG I've ever played.

>Why the FUCK didn't you buy the game when it released Yea Forums?
I did. As a matter of fact, Xenoblade X is the only Wii U game I own... but I don't have the console, lol. I always wait for some price drop, hoping that Wii U will be cheap because Nintendo abandoned it, but no. There is none.

>ANSWER THE QUESTION
>answers the question
>REEEE STOP BLOGGING

>I always wait for some price drop, hoping that Wii U will be cheap because Nintendo abandoned it, but no.
It's probably only going to get more expensive from here on out.

Yea Forums was going pretty strong with the "anti censorship" meme back then, but can't do it anymore since sony is doing the censorship now.

My man I will drop anything that gets censored in a significant way from any dev

I’m just fucking sick of it

>Yea Forums was going pretty strong with the "anti censorship" meme back then, but can't do it anymore since treehouse got neutered.
Fixed that.

I grabbed one at a target on black friday with sm4sh/splatoon for $250. Laughable now, because, you know, sm4sh wasn't exactly great and it really only ended up being a worthy console once I hacked it so I could play gamecube games on it. First time I played Path of Radiance and Pokemon Colosseum. I liked both. Tokyo Mirage was pretty good, too, censorshit aside. I still need to get around to XenoChronX. I'm looking at it on my shelf.

You might be right about that. I can find used Wii U for the price od 150-175 euros here, which isn't much, but I don't like buying used consoles.

>Tokyo Mirage was pretty good, too, censorshit aside.
Yeah, I'm interested in that game, too. Wasn't there a restoration patch (for a pirated version, of course) that adds all the stuff that was removed in the western release?

>Not enjoying MH3U, W101, DKTF, Fatal Frame 5 (and 2 remake if you're in europe) and a bunch of other I forgot

I’ve been holding out for a possible if unlikely uncensored Switch port, but if such a mod exists (does it fix the dialogue too?) I might just take that route.

No one thinks X was good. It completely bombed.

What the hell are you talking about?
XCX threads were live back during release, and a shit ton of people got into the Xenoseries in general because of it.
There were some who disliked it but there was not consensus on Yea Forums, it was a pretty fair split.

>It completely bombed.
>Using sales as an indicator of quality.

>a pretty fair split.
Nonsense. Everyone who played it loved it, the others were pissants who didn't play it and just wanted to screech about the potato loli getting her bikini broadened.

People were pissed because during that point Nintendo was still "close minded" about things and they censored the game which caused many people to stop giving a shit alltogether.

But I did.

Attached: 1536658130348.png (500x1500, 25K)

Imagine being this retarded

>Why the FUCK didn't you buy the game when it released Yea Forums????? You have NO excuse!
Because no one bought the Wii U, aside from me

Attached: Verus.png (512x512, 172K)

Game is great, screw the "muh main storyline" faggots

>Why the FUCK didn't you buy the game when it released Yea Forums????? You have NO excuse!
I did that with EU LE and also imported Wii U Japanese Xenoblade X bundle, also got Secret Files artbook too.
And 4 CD Ost.
OVER THE RAINBOW

Attached: file.png (350x468, 258K)

I didn't have a wii u. I left home after school in 2012 to study abroad for a bout 5 years, so i skipped both ps4 and wii u and bought vita, 3ds and switch instead, so. Xenoblade 3d was very nice, despite looking a bit downgraded from wii and i didn't play that on wii either and 2 on switch looks dumb as fuck, x looks far more epic.

But did you get this?

Attached: xenoblade-chronicles-formula-48-scale_1_528bca194144ef85b7f25b0ce932aad4.jpg (1600x900, 337K)

I did.

Didn't Ebikawa do mecha designs for this game?

I did, forgot to mention it cause it still not build cause gunpla backlog and I want get better at building so training on HG

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 832K)

No, they were made by Yanase Takayuki.
Good stuff, also has their art in his Mechanical Designs artbook.
He did various stuff, Darius, Gundam 00, SRW OG, MGS:R, etc.

>Gundam 00
Ok, that makes sense.
I recognized his style.
Do you know which mecha he designed in 00? As far as I know Ebikawa did the main Gundams that Setsuna used, but I don't remember if he designed the rest.

He's not credited for it.

I'm in the same boat. It's on the side with a few labors. I want to get better at painting before I tackle them.

I bought it on launch day and played it til 2 in the morning while getting drunk. I NEVER do a big thing like that when buying games.

I like all the Xenoblade games but I particularly liked X.
My one major gripe with X is that the mecha combat sort of breaks the game? It's not... awful, per se, but it sort of ruins the game's overall pacing and combat and goes sky-high anime retardo balancing once you get mechs. The game falls apart hard from a gameplay perspective immediately from that point forward.

Is that the model kit? Pretty neat stuff, here's hoping the next entry is more successful so we can get more merchandise and other content. Then again here's hoping we get a sequel at all, Monolith Soft are working on 3 games at once, and there is clearly no room for a Xenoblade X sequel.

If to to judge by his artbook - almost everything else, aka Dynames, Kyrious, Virtue, Nadleeh, Cherudim, Arious, GN Archer, Seravee, Gadessa, etc.
I don't have any proper painting equipment nore place to do it, so I just want get really good at sanding the nubs, panel lining and matte coating.
Sanding nubs is the most tricky part, cause I can't paint I have to rely on leaving zero stress marks from where detail was connected to runner.

Monolith just opened a 5th studio

>Dynames, Kyrious, Virtue, Nadleeh, Cherudim, Arious, GN Archer, Seravee, Gadessa, etc.
This explains a lot, I always noticed how angular the other 00 gundam designs looked compared to the Setsuna suits which had a more organic look.
But it looks like with the recent Exia PG and MB Ebikawa took some notes from that guy because it looks more angular and in-line with the other suits.

Attached: PG Gundam Exia Artwork.jpg (1114x1600, 357K)

If anything in X breaks the game is overclocking tho.
Foot to mecha transition done well, it would make no sense if you only got just mild upgrade.
Main problem of mecha part is that it's not as complicated as on foot battle mechanics. But I kinda like that it is still viable late game if you put enough time and effort into it, instead of just making broken overclock build

People say this but I don’t understand, I jut die immediately on foot against things like Telethia

Mechs aren't as OP as you seem to think. You are potentially far more powerful on foot. Mechs are mostly useful as transport.

For me, it's Irina

Attached: 1530112122457.jpg (2152x3064, 1.08M)

Then read some guides to figure out how to correctly build characters, or pay more attention, you sound like my brother who I bought this game for, I had to come in and show him how to play the game properly, even though I hadn't played it until I started helping him.

He still can do more organic designs but yeah, his streight is in more angular stuff as you said.
I never figured it out myself cause I never really tried and instead focusing still on mecha builds.
But people do stuff like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=oB2w-_gLMkM

Attached: file.png (1200x1725, 1.88M)

>Netdecking in a single player game

I said or pay attention you faggot, I didn't look up any guides personally but if you are that bad at the game that you can't figure things out, maybe that's your only option.

lmao this is the saddest thing to flex on m8

>Flex on someone like an idiot
>ur an idjet
>S-Sad!
Noose soon, waste of carbon

Aren't the new studios sattelite teams? I can't imagine we will see much more, they would be stretching themselves thin if they did, lest they grew a brain and one was just development support with Tri Crescendo to make a new Baten Kaitos.

it's easy to see them as OP when people didn't tried to fight against anything remotely dangerous. After all powertrip is quite decent when you finally get one, but as soon you get on your powertrip against regular enemies, any other decent tyrant will one shot your new toy nicely.
But man, when you finally manage to make a build to one shot xe-doms, it's so satisfying as fuck.

Stop bitching about game systems because you are too much of a brainlet to understand them.

God you Xeno 2 fags are embarrassing. It's bad enough killed the general fuck off already.

It didn't even bomb. Half a million plus is very good for any JRPG that isn't Pokemon or Square-Enix. Monolith clearly doesn't budget expecting their games to sell millions.

I never owned a Wii U. This is the only game I wanted to play on the system. Really liked the first and was hyped for sequel. Still waiting for it to come to switch.

I like it, definitely one of my top RPGs.
I don't like the postgame superbosses too much cause it feels like gearing up your party takes way too much compared to just get Ares 90 and related augments to one shot everything.

Hopefully it will, I really see no reason why it won't. People say "muh WiiU gamepad map won't work" and while it was handy to have it on gamepad, experience basically won't change if you put is as additional menu to access.
I just hope they fill fix shitty english font, bad or wront translation in places and get rest of the cut stuff back in.

no one's talking about xeno 2. try actually reading the thread.

Don't reply to the shitpost bot

no one had a wii u
meanwhile, every faggot on this board has a swittch

Im waiting for it to come to Switch because I never bought a Wii U. I heard its grindy, I really like grindy RPGs.

Anyone got any good grindy Rpgs on the switch please dont say Disgaea I already beat the DS version

>Hopefully it will, I really see no reason why it won't.

According to Tetsuya Takahashi the reason is the game is so large a port would cost a fortune and, given it's poor sales, there's zero interest in that investment.

Taking out the fundoshi was dumb, though oddly enough the replacement shorts make the characters' butts look more butt-like, especially in motion.

Xenoblade 2 if you go for all Rare Blades at S rank.

>it's poor sales
It didn't sold that badly. It sold okay, not every game needs to be million seller to be successfull.
>so large a port would cost a fortune
Well good thing they recently had a popular release then. I imagine porting other Wii U games onto switch costs money too, they somehow managed to do it despite them selling not as well either.
I never crafted those, I thought it was literally same shirts as default ones you can get anywhere.
But I was more talking about boob slider, I want my tall flatchested girl character dang it.
There is Disgaea 5.
even getting all blades is already a boring grind.

The boxers are a bit more rounded and conformy than, say, the swimsuit shorts or the casual versions. It looks more like how you'd expect a pair of slightly tight boxer shorts to look. The fundoshi butts need a little more articulation to disguise the model stretching that goes on when running around. Ideally we could have everything without needing to emulate and mod the game, but alas.

B-but I did buy it.. I actually bought the special edition, played it with Yea Forums and played with miiverse faggots until it was kill (even if it was cheesy as fuck). I even had the displeasure of playing post-miiverse where it's just a sea of hacked Wii-U niggers ass-raping Yggralith Zero.

XBX is an amazing game, but Monolith Soft will forever be shitheads for censoring the boob-slider and poorly optimizing the on-screen text for the English version.

With how deeply integrated the Wii-U's Gamepad was with XBX, I honestly can't see a port for the Switch coming, unless it's with a completely revamped menu with no practical way to play in handheld.

Butts are serious business.
I guess I would also add dual audio to port wishlist.
Eng dub is pretty alright actually, considering I always go for JP one when can. But it's still no replacement.

>XBX is an amazing game, but Monolith Soft will forever be shitheads for censoring the boob-slider and poorly optimizing the on-screen text for the English version.
That's all on Nintendo of America, not Monolith Soft.

and 8-4
>With how deeply integrated the Wii-U's Gamepad was with XBX, I honestly can't see a port for the Switch coming, unless it's with a completely revamped menu with no practical way to play in handheld.
it really isn't that hugely integrated. Yes, it's comfrotable to fast travel and do mining minigame. That's it, you couldn't even look at monsterpedia via it or see other revelant information.
There will be close to nothing different if you just could access it via menu. You never needed to pay attention to both screens at once.

The game had a very high attach rate for a JRPG. The only possible way you could consider it underselling is because the Wii U undersold. I pirated it for the decensor and Japanese voice acting mods. If it rereleased on Switch I'd probably buy it since it was one of the best JRPGs I've ever played.

Extremely serious.
As for the dub, this is a game where the characters are mostly Americans, so I expect them to sound like it.

>Well good thing they recently had a popular release then.

The comment was from AFTER the release of xenoblade chronicles 2. He was asked if there was a chance of X being ported to the switch and he basically said "Don't hold your breath. It would cost way too much." In other words, no.

And sorry, but it didn't sell well. You may be happy with a game only selling a few hundred thousand but the people who pumped tens of millions into its development sure aren't.

Dafuq are you smoking user?
These weren't by a mile blogposts

>still trotting out the poor sales meme
Fuck off.

I did and I liked it a lot.
too bad it felt like an empty mmo

Why can't autists not wrap their head around the idea that mulitple different fucking people post in this shit hole? It's almost as bad as the fucking "everyone who rreplies to me disagreeing is the same person" retards.

well that taste thing, option would be nice and it will actually please everyone.
after all it was better dub than majority of what their localizations produced afterwards.
jRPG is niche genre. I bet they never expected million seller to begin with, they are not dumb.
Yes, games costs money to develop, shocking. It doesn't mean that few hundred sales is not enough however. Quite a number of niche games survive on those sales pretty well for years and years.
You don't know the budgets and revenues to state support your claim. While I do have - just look at various niche games which still exist, same mentioned Disgaea for example, or dunno - SRW series?
>Don't hold your breath. It would cost way too much.
You also forget that money will come not from their pocket but from Nintendo's. Exclusive game development, including porting, of niche games usually goes into red anyway, because those niche games exist to overall enrich console's library, not to make money directly. It's just a nice bonus if happens.

>poor sales meme

You're an idiot. A massive AAA production selling less than 500,000 IS poor sales. In fact, it's a fucking bomb.

Good thing it's not AAA then.

>A massive AAA production
None of the Xenoblade games are even close to being AAA.

You're pathetic.

We don't even know what poor sales for the game was though, what we do know is that there are 2 games in development at Monolith Soft, and neither are Xenoblade X2, or a re-release.

XCX>XC2
it was a singal player MMO game but it was fun exploring the World and doing sidequests. a pity the main story is total shit.

But I did buy it.

Because reviews said it took 40 hours before you get the big robot. I want the big robot within the first hour like Gears and Saga

Attached: 1465693409454.jpg (600x683, 33K)

This is Nintendo we're talking about here. BOTW, their biggest release in years and far more AAA than Xenoblade X could ever hope to be, only needed to sell 2 million copies to break even.

you don't even get a robot in saga until 2. AWGS don't count

>trusting reviews
>wanting access to literally everything as start as a kid without patience
your loss

If there's a version without the treehouse bullshit and is in english, I'd play it. Mechanically it sounds perfect but it's a tainted product. Good thing the fuckheads responsible for that terrible era at treehouse seem to be gone.

I heard there is undub and uncensor patch for it, so if you have modded Wii U or configured emulator you are good to go

>guy who made the game is literally saying the game would be too expensive to port and there is no interest in financing the endeavor
>HURR DURR IT WAS A CHEAP GAME TO MAKE AND IT SOLD REALLY, REALLY WELL

You people are complete and utter fucking retards. If it was cheap it wouldn't be an expensive port and if it sold well there would be interest in doing the port.

Ports are never cheap, especially good ones.
You are now moving goalposts about your idiotic "no million sales = poor sales"

That wasn't the point of your previous embarrassment though, you stupid faggot.

she belongs to muderess.

Yeah, you're right. The game cost pennies to make and sold really well and the only reason they aren't porting it is because Nintendo is deliberately trying to sabotage their own profits by not porting successful titles everyone wants.

Fucking morons.

I honestly hope if an X2 does come out, it completely revamps the combat to be less MMO-ish and more Action-RPG territory.
I wouldn't even mind a fixed protagonist, I kind of hated how awkward convos felt with your MC's deadpan stare and awkward nods.

No, they are not porting it because it's low priority and other Monolith projects are higher priority cause they'll generate more interest overall than port.
And they probably don't have time or trust into asking 3rd party to do the port.
You also again ignore the reason people call you an idiot, port talk had nothing to do with you embarassing yourself calling niche as fuck jRPG as AAA game.
Go cry in a corner.

Both X and XC2 are good games
When's X2

Attached: 1549142192742.jpg (1200x675, 75K)

I hope it'll not do that.
I can play shitt action jRPGs elsewhere.

I really hope it's the RPG they have in development now. It might just be wishful thinking, but what Koh Kojima said in the XB2 soundtrack interview gave me the impression that X2 was the game he was most interested in making next.

X2 FUCKING WHEN

Attached: kojou takashi-2015-04-02-8defd72edd7155ab8dd2d3a1c2f7fd1b.jpg (504x710, 274K)

By the looks of things possibly never. From what we know Monolith are only working on a new IP and helping Nintendo develop the next Zelda game, so it would be safe to say that it's dead at this point, considering sales of Xenoblade 2 Xenoblade 3 will be their next project, unless their new IP becomes a major smash hit. This could cause the Xeno series to die once more.

>From what we know Monolith are only working on a new IP and helping Nintendo develop the next Zelda game
Where did you get that idea? They're hiring for what's obviously a new Xenoblade too.

Except Takahashi has already commented on the distinction between an X series and a regular numbered series. Not all franchises are produced in uninterrupted succession, and Monolith does occasionally make things that don't have Xeno in the title. We'll just need to wait and see.

>project x zone 3 never ever

Have faith, user.

X is the best in the series, Yea Forums never really hated it at all, the give mind just did that thing they do where they blow up a few little things as if they're Hitler incarnate

Always.

Attached: pxz2boxart.png (1500x1332, 2.48M)

Oil Drilling simulator posting was fun, potato posting - not so much.
I love potatoes.

Attached: 1543898341430.jpg (718x1024, 783K)

>X is the best in the series
explain

Attached: 1459834523921.png (1600x1772, 2.93M)

>the player acts as an US operative funnelling exploited materials from Mira into the Military-Industrial Complex to defeat a hegemony of alien beings afraid of being dominated and enslaved by the inevitable ruling species
>we will never get a game this kino ever again

Attached: tsukamoto youko (artist)-2015-02-15-a5a605385f092450551a0c3d91a45191.jpg (502x710, 211K)

Yelv is the best boy.

Attached: Eleanora_1.jpg (346x463, 27K)

who dose she work for and what is thier end game?

we can only guess that let's say current NLA goverment did a secret project for "what if" scenario - if they won't be able to obtain their biological bodies, yet they still do need the manpower - so where to get that population from if there is no reproduction? Considering there was no access to lifehold - I guess creating "a person" and putting it into empty mim was the only option to increase that manpower
I also like that in post credit cutscene Yelv is only known character to go with Elma, probably because his memories can be easily manipulated with so he won't leak info about destruction of database.
It's not a perfect guess, probably doesn't align with something I missed.

I think the failsafe idea makes the most sense, and it also probably applies to the MC. They work as both replacement humans and a final chance to save the lifehold contents because they could continue to operate after it loses power.

failsafe makes also sense that lifehold as we learned separated into at least two parts, biologocal body generation one and database one, so failsafe seems to be made for chance of partial database damage and destruction of bio one
but Yelv situation also implies that he wasn't controlled remotely, so there is a chance this failsafe was not executed by NLA goverment, otherwise they wouldn't be shocked in last cutscene

UH
YEAH
UH
YEAH
UH UH UH UH
YEAH YEAH YEEEEEEEAH
UH UH

I think that's right. He wasn't controlled remotely but instead worked like a fully self-contained human AI that they periodically brought in to analyse. Being able to act independently would be necessary if they had to keep going after the authorities dropped dead. They could still be shocked by the last scene because that kind of design makes sense even if nobody knows what the true state of affairs is with the database, or they could also not have known about the AI project.

it does all fall into place in such case, aside of one moment. If Eleonora was talking with our known goverment characters, why not show so? Instead we shown uncharacteristic side of her with unknown contact. Sure it can be just a cliffhanger effect just to have something to develop further into. Same with some human figure finding Lao on a beach later, tho that way less subtle
Wild Takahashi ride, I miss you

Yeah, it's more likely she's talking to somebody shady. There's a distinct lack of corrupt government leaders or mad scientists in the story.

Without the Lifehold Elma's plans are of no value, Mims aren't important because they can hold a human mind, Mims are important because they can hold a human soul, and that is in truth what Elma wanted from earth.
J Bodies are really just loyal to whatever they are programmed for, there's also the important factor that they appear human enough to insert into later human populations, but there relevance to BLADE right now, is that they can produce additional labour, there's also the issue of filling Blade slots once the humans in Blade return to their physical form. An X sequel will introduce the cast of the previous game but a bunch of them will be old while some will have not aged a day, this will e used to explain that some characters have chosen to remain as Mims, for various reasons.

>Yea Forums finally realizing X >>>>>>>XC2
Based.

It's the best xenoblade tho

>only good part of the song last around 45 seconds
youtu.be/SZxLijQvEa4?t=76

Attached: 1550649355816.png (486x500, 127K)

I hope it's something like that.

Attached: buy that hot dog.jpg (1280x720, 448K)

>mad scientists
ahem

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 961K)

Doesn't count, his science is probably totally above board when he's from.

>Without the Lifehold Elma's plans are of no value, Mims aren't important because they can hold a human mind, Mims are important because they can hold a human soul, and that is in truth what Elma wanted from earth.
Not entirely, at least at first. She was under assumption, same as Ganglion, that human biological bodies were main thing to stop Ganglion, which are a weapon race gone out of control.
And also biological bodies are still needed for pure reproduction
>J Bodies are really just loyal to whatever they are programmed for, there's also the important factor that they appear human enough to insert into later human populations,
Can we be sure that they are just programmed beings and not attempt at playing god aka good old artificial soul? But overall them later being core of BLADE does make sense.

I fail to see what stops him from being mad scientist either way. Sure he may be not mad scientist by his own time standards, but he sure is by current ones.
I mean mad scientists do consider themselves normal usually as well.

I'm about to start this game, is there anything I should know going in?

He's the good kind though, so I guess he's more of a superscientist? There's no real science villain is my point.

I never really considered "mad scientist" as a bad label honestly. That where my confusion starts
I guess having evil type of scientist plot would kinda make little sense for a place where a lot of technology not explained well either way. So they opt out for serial killer from pizza place
Kill the piglets

Dump Elma and Lin any time they're not mandatory for a mission and take other characters instead. They need the affinity points more.
Don't take mission board collectable quests unless you already have the items. Do take backup requests and similar from the board, as these lead to new party members and quest lines.
Several party members are also built-in DLC and won't have their missions displayed in map tile info, but the icon is visible if you look.
Level a class all the way to its final form 10, and then you can equip its weapons and arts while you level others.
A number of quests can result in getting NPCs killed, different endings or different follow-ups, but you won't miss rewards by getting bad ends.
Consult the wiki or the interactive map online to find specific collectables.
Respect the tank tops.

XBX is ass but atleast its bearable to look at XB2 goes to like 480p so much its disgusting the Switch literally cannot run XBX

Just enjoy the best openworld game ever made.

no one ever asked for a sequel or said it's a good game

Doesn't outdamage. Just out last due to infinity invulnerability.
Giant Robo builds can one shot every boss except 2.

>Giant Robo builds can one shot every boss except 2.
and it feels sooooo goooooood

I bought it.
It was pretty fun but runs out of content fast and has zero replayability.

Attached: screencap.jpg (1280x720, 129K)

>runs out of content fast
did we played same game?
Or content in your case is "story" only?
I'm 260 hours into the game, still have sidequests to do and surveys to complete.

That's like saying "pokemon ORAS do have post game, you just need to catch every single pokemon there is"
It's not content, just a time grind.

>was one of the people complaining about the censorship
>ended up buying it on the eShop when it came out
>now it's one of my all time favorites
It was good.

One thing if I'd said that you didn't craft all superweapons or such. But you ignore actual sidequests with tons of content.
As well as ignoring amount of different outcomes those sidequests have unless you just googled the best ones whenever was presented with decision making.
You can kill off quite a good amount of NPCs. No replayability my ass.

>Furious about censorship
>Buy it on release day
Never change Yea Forums

>Acting like Yea Forums is a hivemind with one general opinion
There's your first problem.

It's a hard game.

For you

Those skell license quests are just too hard.

Honestly only actual bad thing I can say about this game is this sidequest.
It should be unlocked way further in story line than it is. I get why it is unlocked early, so you can just collect lobsters while you do other stuff. But you can't complete it cause specific ones do not spawn till you complete sidemission which is way further into the story.
In my case I tried to do it when I got flight pack.
I searched everywhere and found all of them expect last one, and that one just doesn't spawn period as I learned later when I googled that shit.
Not to mention beating that sidequest boss on foot without optimal party setup is damn very hard.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 646K)

I bought a Wii U largely for this game. Skipped it because of censorship. Just bought a mint condition used copy. Censored games deserve to fail, no matter how good they are.

It is shit. You have to question the people who want a game where you project on to a vegetable who stands there as other characters talk around them.

honestly it's retarded stance.
Huge amount of games were always censored to some degree or the other. You just weren't aware of it before internet age. X wasn't even that bad censorship wise aside of boob slider. You people overreact much.

How do you guys figure out damage values in this game? It's such a massive pain to figure out if you're doing decent damage because there are so many numbers per attack and they seem to vary between weapons.

I wish this game just showed you total values after multi hitting moves. It's so damn off putting to me to not understand approximately how much damage I'm doing.

You're free to disagree, and I'm free to buy what I want when I want. Instead of enriching the corporate faggots that thought they were making the game "better," I gave $20 to the guy running a stall at the flea market.

I usually figure out my damage output by seeing how quickly the enemies healthbar goes poof. Works pretty well for me.

Attached: 1489575342783.jpg (1280x720, 490K)

I do hate retarded censorship for no reason and avoided some games because of it, but I really didn't buy game for some fundoshi fanservice or boob scale. I bought it for giant robots and world to explore.
I'm still mad about skells though
If game was focused about fanservice at least to some degree - that'd be another issue.
I'd get you more if you meant TMS, cause there they retextured whole dungeon and basically rewrote portion of that story, despite me actually liking TMS, I'd say it was too much to give them complete free pass there. Considering theme of the game.
But X censorship reaction is really overreaction. There is a degree to such thing, just flipping out when bare minimum is changed is dumb.
Either way it's just something I disagree with you on, I glad you got to play the game anyway.

White number = damage dealt by you
Blue edge number = damage dealt by allies
Red number = damage taken
Green number = healing
Purple number = spike damage
Yellow number = blaze/shock damage
bigger font than other popups of the SAME TYPE = critical hit(also on heals)
brown bubble = artful execution (i.e. using an art that deals more damage on the back while behind the enemy)

If XCX did make it to switch do you think it would just be a straight port or would they add content like they did Mario kart deluxe? Do you think it would still be censored?

Straight port more likely, game has enough content.
>censored
I think boob slider removal will be reverted, but Lin will keep texture and fundoshi will stay cut.
At best you can hope for dual audio, cause there was way more voice work put into Japanese version, than very cut English dub we got, when it comes to your custom character.

considering that nintendo seems to be trying to get rid of dumb regional differences, it'd probably come with an undub even
there's not going to be extra content, MK8 deluxe just had stuff that was originally DLC I think, what they need are actual audio options if it ever comes to the Switch

Xenoblade X doesn't even have a sequel
Xenoblade 1 & 2 are meant to be a different line of games than X
Xenoblade X is planned to get its own sequels eventually.

Attached: 1bc9b8830668204594837565adc8d3643.jpg (2280x1612, 672K)

>MK8 deluxe just had stuff that was originally DLC
Double items and King Boo are unique to the Switch version. There might be some more stuff I'm forgetting.

> Yea Forums never really hated it at all,
I know when we started getting more information about X back in like 2014 or 2015, a bunch of staunch Xenoblade 1 fans complained about the anime artstyle and even tried calling Lin moeshit

Attached: Potatoblade.jpg (2355x8953, 2.58M)

They removed an exploit that made boosts last longer by bunny hopping, but added an extra tier to the drift boost. Also Inkling.

boy, they must've been foaming at their mouths when 2 happened

Inklings, Boo, Bowser Junior, Dry Bones, and Champion Tunic Link added to roster
Turbo from drifting has a higher speed tier
Double item boxes
Items in general more aggressive, notably CPU get shells n shit more commonly
Battle mode was added as Wii U basically didn't have one
Babby mode (autopilot) was added
some character stats were apparently changed
Firehopping was patched
I think online lobbies were altered slightly as well

It seems that they actually loved it.
Artstyle of 2 was the least of that game problem. I wish it was it only problem.

The people who exploded at X being overly anime for months had an autistic melt down over 2 being overly anime.
The hate for X's anime style died down in a couple of months but people still complain about 2's anime style over 2 years later with threads being 300+ posts of arguing even to this day
It's kind of surreal how butthurt one game has made like 50% of Yea Forums, not even BoTW got people this divisive

Attached: Elma person.jpg (900x820, 373K)

I really wish Yea Forums wasn't so obsessed with this series, it kinda sours things when it is discussed so much.

I mean I can see where they're coming from when you add the slight anime tropes (that always existed anyways) on top of the artstyle
and I assume, as much as people liked BotW, there's just not that much to actually talk about it

One of the reasons I hope xenogears and xenosaga don't get a remaster or become accessible

Aside from literally half of the main story chapters being tutorials, and fucking Tatsu, I loved the game. It was so nice to see a JRPG where you didn't spend 50+ hours chasing the same antagonist half a dozen times in "beat the boss but lose the cutscene" bullshit, or have characters spew Kingdom Hearts-style plot dumps on you 24/7.

For the most part it was just nope, humanity's fucked, explore these continents, oh shit a squidgirl, beat the shit out of squidgirl, okay back to exploring. Even the final chapter introduces an antagonist the Blades know fuck-all about and they're just like "Alright let's kill this asshole too." So refreshing.

Small text is literally the reason I stopped playing Xenoblade Chronicles 1. It was also pretty bad in X though.

Attached: 454DDF64-AA57-491F-9FFD-27AE8BAF76E6.jpg (476x456, 22K)

Attached: 5D9764DA-F8DB-483C-9FE4-22DFA47B25F1.jpg (882x599, 144K)

>W101 port never ever
come on platinum, you hinted it, press nintendo for funds

I don't think you have anything to worry about there. Square-Enix pretends Xenogears never happened, except when they needed some pointless fluff for World of Final Fantasy.

There were new figures of them and mechs show up in figureheads shitty F2P mecha game

Attached: file.png (1040x605, 722K)

Everything's been discussed to death and all these threads have become are "This Xenoblade is the best, your Xenoblade is shit!" or crackpot theories about how the Black Knight (Alvis) is KOS-MOS's left foot

the version released in my region was butchered and didn't deserve to be used as an asswipe much less purchased

>crackpot theories about how the Black Knight (Alvis) is KOS-MOS's left foot
god i wish i was alvis

The switch is more powerful than the WiiU tard. The limiting factor is getting the touch screen interface translated into a normal menu system

Wii U had gamepad only mode. It worked there. aside of not being able to read shit
Map in Wii U gamepad is non issue.

Foot has infinite invulnerability