Nioh

I killed a few revenants in the early levels and now I have an entire warrior of the west set and sword, and it's leagues better than anything else I have received. Is this too overpowered? I just hit the second region, will the gear be brought down to level soon? Should I keep killing revenants for good gear? Enjoying the game a lot, it's very fun.
Also, general Nioh thread.

Attached: nioh.png (400x400, 300K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EhkexKChYXo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's basically the most common set you'll find on revenants because it's one of the first sets you can put together, has some great effects and is easy to farm early in the game.

Warrior of the West is shit compared to almost any other set

I put that armor on then went through the entire game with it and never took it off because i was lazy

Nah, don't worry, just keep going. Gear usually becomes obsolete after a while. I got a purple bronze hammer right in the beginning of the game too and i thought i had an OP weapon but it quickly became obsolete and too expensive to level up.

Nah but don't use that funotowhatever odachi that's floating around.

Does the game have any extra content like missions and bosses in the harder difficulties, or is it basically just the same loop of getting better gear to take on the higher leveled missions to get better gear forever?

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll carry on as I was.

Medium and heavy armor is garbage, medium doesn't protect you enough to be viable and heavy makes your stamina consumption awful. Use light armor sets, you move faster and have better stamina. Blocking becomes useless as soon as enemies start dealing elemental damage, and at that point you'll be more vulnerable in heavy armor trying to dodge the attacks you can't block than you'd be in light armor

It's decent until the end game of your first playtrhough. Don't bother levelling it up though, because loot drops are super common.
Reserve your gold for the truly legendary items, but they unlock much further. I think on NG+++ is when you start getting them.

Later difficulties add enemies to places, give some new moves and debuff effects, change up the enemy placement entirely and introduce new equipment rarities, set bonuses and effects.

>NG+++
I hate this shit. Use the actual names or generic "very hard" but not this souls shit that doesn't fit.

Heavier armour comes with much more damage reduction %, the best source of defence next to attack debuffs, many sets give even more good effects, elemental reduction on block is an easy effect to get and pure elemental damage isn't overly common. Ki recovery isn't a problem either with Ki Pulse, Flux and if you want Sacred Water.

heavier armor also comes easier to stack then more stats you have

also learn to love and abuse reduced firearms reduction cause you can get that to 100% and it effects ALL projectiles

It's particularly egregious since it isn't even the same thing, you can swap difficulties back and forth whenever you want.

Struggling with the Hands of the Dragon sub quest. Does being 30 levels under really matter that much? Or am I just garbage.

>playing nioh without lightest of armor to capitalize on the games only real highlight which is it's dodging mechanics

oh look, plebs and weak bitches are discussing a video game

Attached: 757657658758764653.gif (400x206, 1.76M)

enjoy

youtube.com/watch?v=EhkexKChYXo

>expects people to remember the difficulty name.
Autistic.
>or he expects people to use a vague descriptor like "very hard" when who the fuck knows what NG+ that is.
Retarded.

Nioh doesn't have new game+.

Levels don't matter too much, you just have to make sure you're using all you can mechanics wise. Learning to headshot midfight can help a ton in multi human fights.

Dodges only change in distance with heavy armour, which can even be better for 2kat and to a lesser extent tonfa. I'd say there's a lot more appealing about it than just how indepth the dodging is too. For the record I use light armour.

iirc the game only lets you fight revenants that are around the same level as you.
>Should I keep killing revenants for good gear?
absolutely.

Don't Revenants come from dead players? Why would I want to use some shitter's gear?

They pass around gear of high rarity so it's an extremely consistent way of getting it for whatever you want to do with it. But laziness means you'll only get one set so it's a good attitude to want to check out what else you can get.