Why don't Linux users know how to play video games?

Why don't Linux users know how to play video games?

Attached: 1557165905880.png (615x660, 78K)

Linux is for work.

The truth of the matter is that everyone wants games to come to linux so that eventually it's standard and everyone can move there.
Nobody is gonna move to linux until it's good, but it won't be good until the vast majority of game devs program their games to function there. It's not that hard, just, make it work and don't listen to bug reports since it's not an actively utilized environment yet. Nobody cares about playing games there, they just want the games to BE there for a start.

>Linux helped fund the development of our game and were disproportionately more generous
>But more Windows and Mac users bought the game after they funded our development
>And they made us work to fix bugs so fuck them
Why are developers so entitled?

PA was garbage but true.

DUDE RERELEASE THE FIXED GAME AS TITANS FOR THAT SAME PRICE

I have windows for games.
Linux is for my autism.

>planetary annihilation
Good for linux users for avoiding that dog shit.
SUPREME COMMANDER 3 WHEN

Maybe if PA wound up not being a piece of shit, the game would have been coded better and their only player base that actually knew how to deal with reports and support tickets would not have been complaining.

I've been using Proton for nearly everything that isn't native and it's been working great. I'd rather let people that actually know what they're doing work on making Proton work for as many games as possible, rather than having incompetent devs try and make their own Linux binaries and then blame the users for their own mistakes.

>uses
>we're

come on 'gamedev', learn a keyboard.

/g/ btfo

>>>>>UBER ENTERTAINMENT
FUCK Uberent and fuck you for making this shitty bait thread using one of their employees. They are incompetent fucking retards that had something amazing (Monday Night Combat) and completely fucking shit the bed with it. Nobody who works there or represents them should ever be taken seriously for fucking anything.
I am STILL fucking pissed about it.

Linux is for servers

some errors are to be expected when you "speak" several programming languages in addition to your native communicative languages.

that's cool and all, but are they wrong about Linux being an insignificant portion of the market that's better off being skipped?

Gabe offered developers Linux tools when Steam Machines came out. No one bothered to use them correctly, so now he's backing the option that doesn't really need cooperation from game developers

>our Linux version had so many more bugs than the other versions that the 20% of the bug reports
Maybe they should skip Linux if they're so incompetent at it.

Linux version of Rust no longer getting updated

Attached: rust linux.jpg (1080x2965, 639K)

yes and that means that most of those users will still be playing the more optimized forks of those games in windows, thus driving developer incentive down.
Whereas consumer incentive is to have the games work in linux, developer incentive is to have the games work best where all the consumers already are, and the consumer desire is to stay where all the games already work. It's a monopoly upheld by a feedback loop

even on windows i have never been able to run a game with easy anti cheat

>bitch about Microsoft trying to wall off Windows a few years back
>obstruct the adoption of one of Microsoft's competitors

Sweeney making new reasons every day to hate his ass