What's with all the sudden Olimar hate in Ultimate?

What's with all the sudden Olimar hate in Ultimate?

Attached: D5v28MVXsAYURji.jpg (271x190, 9K)

waaaahhh top tiers and waaaahhh camping

he's too good

It's cause he's boring to play against and boring to watch

>sudden Olimar hate
No such thing, he's been hated since Brawl.

He's been hated since Brawl, you retard.

His entire concept as a character is just spam throw Pikmin. Which I'll admit, it remaining very faithful to the series. But it doesn't change the fact that he's an annoying piece of shit to play against and that people who play him are faggots.

post more pikas

Attached: 1552251445329.jpg (160x176, 8K)

>sudde
He was never liked, even in Brawl he was hated

I don’t know where the Snake hate is coming from though, he’s a cool character and just because he isn’t a rush down character people hate him.

>boring
code for "it's not a furry character I can beat off to while I watch a tournament"

Attached: 21D679A8-75F3-4769-ACE3-AF5C3BFEA78B.jpg (354x460, 23K)

Attached: d9b3b714f887b073c0c96126da5fc6b62b5070a9_hq.jpg (696x677, 52K)

no, it's code for "only humongous faggots play olimar"
real niggas play dk

>get beat by character
>cry and beg for nerfs

Honestly the most pathetic incels in existence. These people ruin multiplayer games.

HOW FUCKING DARE YOU.
HOW DARE YOU NOT PLAY LIKE HOW I WANT YOU TO PLAY.
YOU ARE FUCKING DISGUSTING.
NEVER PLAY THIS GAME AGAIN OR FACE MY WRATH.

>dk
Thanks for reinforcing my point, furfag

>small, hard to hit
>can harass from distance risk free with thrown Pikmin
>all his aerials have ridiculous sword tier disjoins
>Smash attacks come out fast as fuck and are also disjointed, especially Usmash
>killing his Pikmin in no way hampers him because he can get them all back almost instantly
>can recover from anywhere

He's annoying as shit to fight, even so I don't think he needs to be nerfed or anything.

>find Olimar detestable to play against
>Snake is apparently also "broken"
>mfw both are good matchups for my main

Attached: sam smile.gif (242x242, 1.27M)

Uh, I’ll have you know that ZeRo is a valid identifier of which characters are broken regardless of his tourney record so I and my fellow competitive players on Discord have deduced that Olimar is indeed oppressing our tournament scene more than Vergil and Bardock do whilst having no viable counters among the 71 characters who are in the game.

The only thing I hate about Snake (other than his retardedly good normals but eh) is that his grenades and mine can be hard to keep track of visually and the dumb plays he can make off of grenade trades. I find myself hating Joker for much the same reason, Arsen visually obscures what the hell he's doing too much.

I only really got into 4 competitively. I've only been playing Ultimate here and there. I didn't mind him so much in 4. Nowhere near as annoying as Bayo or Cloud in that game. The few Olimar's I fought in Ultimate probably weren't great, but I didn't think they were that annoying. I maintain that Pichu, Snake and Inkling are the unholy trinity of faggotry.

Snake's C4 literally blends into some stages and you can't see them. He's a huge fucking faggot by design. They'll spam grenades, C4, nikita, whatever. But when you're at 100 something percent, then they want to actually fight you, but they do nothing but fish for up tilts typically. Fuck Snake. Everyone is here shouldn't have happened.

He's always been really good, but until now he was the most slept on character in the entire game.
He's always been the "weird kid" choice because most people who grew up with smash bros played as their favorite pokemon or kirby, nobody I knew ever picked olimar (except me, pikmin's my favorite game series ever)
Most of the hate is from inexperience of the matchup, because they're so rare and when they do appear they stomp shit in. I still wish he had all 6 pikmin and the chain recovery back

Attached: 1546880954733.png (700x600, 108K)

People hate him because he's high tier.

I watched a match yesterday of Jigglypuff VS Olimar (Hbox was the jiggs, can't remember the other player) and even though Hbox spent 70% of the match jumping around overhead and being evasive/campy....almost all of the comments were still whining about Olimar and crying about him being "campy". Seriously? Fucking retards.

He's probably flat out better in ultimate, but I prefer Olimar in PM. His play style in Ultimate seems to revolve much moreso around waiting for the other player to fuck up and then throwing out a smash attack; stringing together aerial combos felt much better than just shielding. There's nothing really wrong with it, but it bothers sword character players because their tiny brains can't get around it.
People can debate all they want about hbox being cancer, but his fans are a million times worse than he could ever be.

>tfw nobody hates your main because nobody plays your main

Attached: 242.png (500x566, 270K)

Fool, you do not know what true power looks like.

Attached: 90DD2CF9-259B-40EE-A36C-85C589AC5E0A.jpg (555x738, 209K)

Your gyro is kinda gay, but I like him overall.

>Arsen visually obscures what the hell he's doing too much.
THIS, its fucking obnoxious

Flavor of the month top tier that streamhog's have decided they don't like watching.

This. I haven’t liked Snake’s playstyle since the beginning, and now that projectiles are strong, he’s a huge chore to fight. Never have fun against him.

I know a way to deal with projectiles, but you might not like it.

Attached: 1458767910968.png (900x900, 204K)

>sudden
Everyone has always hated Olimar. You just didn't hear about him much during Smash 4 because he sucked and there were much more annoying characters to deal with.

One of the DLC characters will be so broken it makes Olimar irrelevant.

This. People hated him a lot in brawl since all of his smashes were...well, still are, disjoints.

>I don’t know where the Snake hate is coming from though
All the explosions are literally blinding you of how cancer snake is.

We just have to be patient. At the next Nintendo invitational, someone is going to pull a Bayonetta with Snake &/or Olimar and abuse the same moves to win, Sakurai sees it, has to take action and nerf them into the ground.

Got em

R.O.B. is hated whenever is brought.

All they do is camp and run away anyways

Other than the swordfags, Peach and Wario, almost every other characters are zoners.

Is there a single character you guys absolutely will not play against once it gets picked by the opponent? Games where you DC instantly.

Shulk? Ganondorf? Mario? Luigi? C'mon.

Pichu
I really REALLY hate fighting this fucking rodent, so much so that I finally think Pikachu mains are way more tolerable.

>just because he isn't rushdown
He literally only runs away and spams projectile until he can land his super safe up tilt that kills super early. He's pretty much Olimar but in heavier, and without as much mobility

Ending a close fight with a pocketed and re-thrown projectile makes me feel alive

Attached: 30BD2BB4-4B90-4140-B96C-995AFD3B9234.gif (500x500, 332K)

>dk
>furshit
You absolute fucking fool

I did include the word almost. I just named people that's tourney worthy. Ganondorf is just too weak other than as a pure wildcard pick to throw people off.

yeah G&W's down B

Attached: Buzzwole vs Pikachu.webm (1280x720, 2.82M)

I really wished Snake's playstyle didn't make me feel lame. I wouldn't even mind a nerf to the nikita or his grenades honestly, they feel way too much of a safety net for a trap-based character.

>Get invited to the first party I've ever been to in my life
>They have smash
>Mfw getting drunk and making everyone salty by sniping normalshits with pikmin

Attached: WHEEZE.png (305x280, 1K)

Ryu, Ken, Little Mac, Ness(cope shithead), Sonic, Squirtle, Kirby, Ice Climbers, Greninja, Charizard, Bowser, Bayonetta, Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Fox, Incineroar, Jigglypuff, Sheik, Yoshi

Snake main here, he's based and you guys shouldn't be complaining about a projectile character who often damages himself, and projectiles don't explode immediately
>i have to mixup my approach with grenades
>i have to vary my timings
>i have to z drop
>i have to b reverse
>it only trades if you actually hit the grenade which means my hand has to be facing you for it to trade
>have to be super careful when recovering
>get juggled extremely easily and have trouble getting back to neutral

He is by far one of the fairest and most rewarding projectile characters in the game. He's literally the projectile character for people with brains. (who don't want to play pacman or duckhunt)

>Snake main here, he's based
Thanks user, don't really need to read the rest of your post to know where this post is going, specifically fag territory.

The electric rats aren't zoners either.

if you're losing to a snake you dont know the matchup, or you're getting outplayed.

When did I even imply me having difficulty with the matchup, you delusional idiot?

If you state that you main a specific character and follow up that statement with a positive buzzword like "based" or "redpilled," then that tells me enough about you to not bother with your post.

Is boring to watch, just like Puff in melee

i can't believe pikachu is fucking dead

>*up-tilts*

Actually kill yourself you subhuman faggot. Snake mains literally deserve unending hell.

>4 explosions going off at any given moment blanketing the stage
>o-outplayed

Would've liked this swole motherfucker in Smash over the red wrestling cat.

Attached: Pika.jpg (480x508, 23K)

its actually not that hard to avoid, you just need to be more patient
it only gets hard when the snake starts punishing you for jumping, rolling or trying to avoid his explosions with normals.
>*up-tilt*
>*up-tilt*

>unga bunga me use Frame 1 Grenades

Imagine thinking up-tilt is the reason people hate snake. You can't even troll properly, cuck.

yikes
imagine being a snake main
now imagine being a jojo fan AND a snake main

Everyone likes DK though

Attached: Dong.png (181x256, 59K)

ZA WARRUDDOOOO. I listen to bloody stream when i uptilt goons.
i literally have to be facing you the right way for that to work. i can't just pull them out mindlessly. I can literally be hit into the blastzone and have my grenade explode if i dont face the right way.
>*up-tilt*
>*up-tilt*
I like to set up the ledge with a nade, then do a side b, then do an up smash, and a forward smash the opposite direction incase the opponent rolls.

Why yes, I do main Donkey Kong in Super Smash Bros Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch, how did you know?

Attached: 1552535861628.png (1440x1775, 946K)

No I take my bodying like a man

Rematches though? I don't hand those out to anyone with a single hiccup in their connection or anyone who plays cancerously.

I liked him the most in Brawl. Same with Wario.

>ZA WARRUDDOOOO. I listen to bloody stream when i uptilt goons
okay nevermind, let me rephrase my post

imagine being a snake main AND a fake jojo fan.

You guys don't literally understand how fun it is when you hit somebody with this trap.
snake is based

Attached: cancerous ledgesetups.png (1352x920, 26K)

Most of the people posting in this thread sound shit at not just smash but fighting games in general. Dont whine about wanting nerf just learn how to fight it. If a player is getting carried by olimar then there should be serious holes in his game plan.

i finished SBR and i'm watching part 5 anime now faggot

I understand that I hate it. What do I do?

Attached: Dead Snake.jpg (680x426, 32K)

These tendie threads always suck so much. Low quality post after low quality post.

I think I'm quitting smash unless faggot characters like Snake and Olimar get big nerfs soon.

Attached: 1556333903636.png (210x240, 6K)

The most boring character in the game isn't that boring, thankfully.

I don't quit like a fag but I hate fighting Sonic more than anyone else.

Attached: Concerned Murderer.png (573x477, 93K)

honestly I would watch high-level Olimar any day of the week over fucking Wolf and the Marths, those are a thousand times more boring yet everyone plays them

you can just wait until the explosions end apart from the nade at the ledge and see if i react properly.
But snake has sick ass setups like that which is why he's so cool.

he's such a psychological projectile character. there's a shit ton of ways you can approach with him.
>slow throw nade towards opponet.
>b-reverse nade walk backwords
>with your back facing the opponent (so if they attack you shield and they get exploded)
this also psychologically conditions the opponent to roll past you or try to jump past the explosions.

You basically create fucking explosive walls which have gaps in them the enemy can get around, but these gaps allow you to predict where the opponent is going. its like fortress warfare.

Attached: tacticool snake.png (1352x920, 21K)

>Still posting wojak in 2019
Yikes!

Attached: Wojakposters, take note.png (1483x1151, 448K)

I've literally never even seen an Olimar in an arena or Quickplay. How well has he placed in tournaments

top 8 at the last 5 majors, along with BASED Snake

Thank god you're in the minority

safe on block up smash

Dabuz won a game and everyone hates him.

>play smash
> join a few smashcords to gitgud with my characters
>literally everyone is a faggot spreading Reddit memes and insisting their character sucks on quickplay, even DKcord

Is this all smashers?

No, just those shitters. Everyone should know their characters strengths and weaknesses.

Attached: Tummy.jpg (600x800, 69K)

>sudden
I've despised playing against Olimar since his introduction in Brawl. Olimar is a nightmare because I literally cannot understand how the character's playerbase functions. What are they aiming for in any given situation, outside of the general goal of gathering more purple Pikmin to overwhelm you with? What do they WANT, and how are you supposed to counteract it when you don't even fucking know their next move? How are you supposed to keep track of the move properties you should be expecting with each of the move+Pikmin type variations? How are you supposed to prevent them from executing their game plan of getting the good Pikmin out when pulling Pikmin is seemingly even faster than Peach pulling out a turnip? What the fuck makes these people tick? With other characters, even if they have convoluted setups, at the very latest you're going to get what they were going for when you're hit by it, and then you can go "oh, I'll watch out for that from now on". But Olimar is playing some RTS-lite minigame on the side and I can't fucking take it, I don't want to deal with tracking their resources while also playing Smash.

Attached: 1507334148238.jpg (470x497, 32K)

smash = trash

>playing some RTS-lite minigame
literally his entire point
I'd go as far as to say Olimar has the most faithfully translated moveset character from his game pre Sakurai-actually-giving-a-shit era

>discord
>literally everyone is a faggot
what did you expect?

Brawl was smackdab in "Sakurai-giving-a-shit-era".

The knowledge that it's fitting doesn't alleviate the pain of playing against him.

I dunno, you got characters like Olimar and ROB, who actually did a great job encapsulating source material, but at the same time you get ones like Wario an Sonic, who either barely represent some of their history or do it very poorly

Is it safe to like Peach again now that she's not seen as potential no.1 anymore?

Attached: Peach hug.jpg (448x600, 158K)

Did anyone hate her to begin with?

>Joker releases, everyone calling him a better Sheik
>Sheik is still way more fun to play despite being unable to kill
Why is it this way?

Attached: 1557025852346.jpg (943x1000, 138K)

because Leffen said so just now

he said snake was terrible though

dude 10% combos lmao

Attached: 1409332803240.jpg (640x480, 80K)

he'd make an excellent echo

>people in VoiD's comments think hey know better about his character than he does
What a bunch of faggots, they parrot the norm because it's spouted by people who "know more" even though there isn't a single soul whose played every character on the roster to their fullest extent

Attached: composite glare.jpg (1024x717, 64K)

How can anybody hate Solid Snake? His playstyle is fun too.

Attached: Snake_SSBU.png (1902x1918, 2.29M)

What the fuck, no he wouldn-
>Revenge could be replaced by him expanding his muscles
>all the kicks and jabs Incinceroar do can be easily replicated by his anatomy
>All off his specials can be recycled bar Side B, which can replaced with Lunge for a generic rush attack
Oh shit

Attached: big borb.png (403x272, 182K)

Peach would be a good best character. Fuck Olimar

Tfw people always ignore Olimar in their smash house discussion. There is way too much potential in a character like him who is a biologist/explorer/dad

>he says as he endorses the spamiest character in the game
people only play dk because he has giant ass hurtboxes and 2 spamable spike moves

Attached: 1521239487811.png (630x842, 572K)

they just feel stupid when they get hit by a projectile that takes seconds in order to actually damage someone

Jesus christ what shitty action

I just picked up the game and want to main him and WFT.

projectile bad
fast good

>za warudo
>not BITE ZA DUSUTO

Attached: 1556305948716.png (600x420, 369K)

>spammiest character in the game

You mean "literally fucking LITERALLY just press nair" Ike?

>hurtboxes

Should we tell him?

>olimar smashes your shield
>you get locked in shield for fucking ever while he suffers nothing from it
Feels unfinished and boring/annoying to fight

I like Snake overall but I think him having a 1 frame combo breaker is really annoying to play against.

Do people like Cloud now?

Attached: 1555907832340.jpg (670x823, 26K)

I think all the sword characters are pretty annoying in ultimate.

Why is johnny test with a tan cosplaying as cloud?

Only if you use the classic FF7 outfit and not the gay AC one.

not gonna stop the kiddies from treating his every word like gospel

Wtf happened to ash? He looks Latino now