Why don't we have a game set in a comfy post-apocalyptic world where you run a café?

Why don't we have a game set in a comfy post-apocalyptic world where you run a café?

Attached: 1549122262636.jpg (770x1100, 181K)

That'd be nice. Mix Animal Crossing, Rune Factory, Cooking Mama in a big pot and have some cozy entrepreneur fun.

Attached: bb1.jpg (644x900, 105K)

Why don't you make one?

uh...... user.....

Attached: feat-umihara-kawase.jpg (800x445, 78K)

Attached: SnowWhite.jpg (1000x1000, 149K)

because it's way too obscure and games cost a lot more money than almost any other medium

Indie games are a thing. It's possible to make a solid game for

Because it wouldn't be nearly as good as ykk and in the end you just want ykk.

That's making games as a hobby territory

Valhalla is pretty close, except you run a bar not a cafe, and it's more cyberpunk than post-apoc.

Attached: v1.jpg (800x370, 64K)

Some things work best as hobbyist games though. Usually the comfiest, most relaxing stuff are hobby projects rather than ones intended to make money. They only get sold after getting a lot of attention.

Cyberpunk, not post-apocalyptic
It's a bar, not a cafe
And that game is shit unless you're a waifufag or belong to the LGBTQ+ ""community""

This picture is comfy

In VR, so I can just sit by the window and stare out to sea in a trance.

Because normies would rather shoot super mutants and raiders with auto aim

Go ahead and make one then

But you wouldn't see customers for weeks.

Attached: alpha_shades.png (335x335, 175K)

Alright, then perhaps I will!
I'll just grab GIMP, Godot, and writing pad!

Attached: abandoned-clouds-cropland-1782016.jpg (3000x2000, 1.53M)

I mean, VA-11 HALL-A is set in a cyberpunk shithole and you run a bar. Close enough I guess?

>projecting this hard
yikes

How would that work though
>Post-apocalyptic cafe
>Nobody comes in 'cause everyone is dead
>When someone DO come in they rape you and take all your food

Attached: think.jpg (288x402, 76K)

>they rape you and take all your food
That's why all the QTs in this manga carry guns.

Attached: 1330702078851.jpg (704x480, 49K)

Alpha is a robot and many times stronger than an ordinary person. Even if she forgets that she is often.

The first thing to come to mind would be a top-down rpg-ish affair, but that's probably very over done at this point. Would there even need to be enemies? Or should it be an advanced walking sim where the player just takes in the setting and fiddles with things?

recettear + walking sim in first person

I've legitimately and unironically been working on a game inspired by YKK, where time skips to the next customer and the skips thus become larger and larger until humanity dies out. Only issue is I can't do comfy art, and this kind of experience kind of rests on that.

How would you notice the time skips?

It's kind of similar to a game like lemonade tycoon or whatever, where you set up each day, a clock starts ticking and customers come by and buy stuff until the day is over. Except here it wouldn't be by day, but you set up for the next batch of customers and then the next day, month, year, decade they come by. First every day because the nearby town is still alive, then later as nomads that happen to find your still barely functioning cafe.

I have the time management and basic customer processing systems in place currently, but need more interesting stuff to manage, decisions to make and perhaps maintenance cost so that you eventually break down when nobody is left to pay for your coffee.

SMT IV/A, a little bit more apocalyptic than desired but whatever you can have demon waifu harems.

BECAUSE SOME ASSHOLE SHOT MY FUCKING DEATHCLAW CHICKEN

Attached: 1475878325756.gif (40x65, 8K)

So the game gets progressively harder not by customers making increasingly complex orders, but by things breaking down? Could work. You can be like Alpha and have to source fresh water yourself and stuff before the customer walks away. I'm more interested in how you show the passage of time, like do you have a window where you can see buildings in in the distance in increasing disrepair, or a tree growing and maturing, or a sea cliff crumbling ever closer to you or what?

Oh, you meant how it would be graphically shown? That's the problem right there isn't it, I would want to discuss it with an artist with more artistic sensibility than I. I don't tend to think in visuals at all. All of your suggestions are definitely the kind of thing I'd like to see though.
The world could become more and more jungle-like, or simply emptier, or more aquatic. Any of these representations could be interesting. My own process tends to focus more on how mechanics can convey certain ideas than the visuals that accompany them.

Well, good luck man, sounds interesting.

I love that New Vegas had a callback to that

Play Bastion.

Attached: Bastion Hub.jpg (1680x1050, 659K)

Programmer reporting in for whoever wants to fail at fielding their game idea.
I don’t care, I just like the practice.