Untitled

Attached: fuckmatchmaking.png (1073x764, 331K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8oe6UzVs7_Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You could have used a better example like CoD. CS:GO has a traditional server browser outside of matchmaking.

I'm 31

Automatic matchmaking is fine. Especially when it's coupled with a decent guild/party maker.

Nah the left should be Mirc getting 5 man scrims were so fun.

matchmaking has publishers keep an iron grip on their playerbases by monopolizing and funneling everyone into soulless session based hellholes

Why not both?

I think having a mix of both is the best compromise. For competitive game modes matchmaking is obviously the only way to go but it's also great having community hosted servers for casual play or custom game modes.

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER Tienanmen Square Massacre erqwe

The problem is you get games like Overwatch where they force matchmaking and force you to play by their rules

Matchmaking is great. Halo 2's ranked system was a fucking revelation for online multiplayer.

uuuh, winnie the pooh?

>the feature that finally killed tf2

have kids

Matchmaking is fine as long as its implemented with a private game or server browser feature.

There definitely is value in the sheer convenience of it, and not having to deal with admins and mods. Matchmaking is really no different than official servers tied to a quickplay feature.

no one played halo 2 matchmaking lmao
everyone was on lockout lobbies spamming bxr

I'm sterile :(

good :)

what a weird thing to complain about

the problem is the sanitized culture that comes with matchmaking

community servers don't seem to be that healthy when everyone's funneling into the soulless publisher's choice of session based gulag

Don't forget all those scary patents that put players who didn't buy the microtransactions in lobbies with the people who did, further making your brain itch and tempting you to spend more money than you planned. And a person who loves the game suffers the most, because he's the one who will be more overwhelmed with these manipulative practices in his face constantly. Absolute soulless scum.

Attached: matchmaking.jpg (880x1000, 180K)

kys zoomer

This but unironically. Matchmaking is for retarded faggots like who have never experienced fun in their life.

Matchmaking is for zoomers. Matchmaking killed my interest in online gaming.

wrong
matchmaking prevents server communities from forming and makes people act like assholes because they're of the mind that they'll never see the people they're playing with again. this doesn't happen if you play multiple rounds with the same people on the same server

>prevents communities from forming
Maybe if you're a shitter. If you're good then you'll keep moving up until you reach the peak and there is your community.

Who cares, "server communities" are circlejerking cancer and the hosts are infantile power-hungry dickheads. Matchmaking is the only way to go.

Tell me where you're having trouble. Why don't you read the thread again, because I'm worried about your brain.

when you're naturally high skilled, sometimes you don't want to hang out with the tryhard shitbabbies
you'd not know that though

Mixed bag. People sometimes explicitly act like assholes because of server communities and because they know they will see the people they're playing with again.

There are a lot of good reasons servers are superior to matchmaking but how people behave isn't why.

so your argument is that a community only forms at the lowest % of players?

Do you read what you write before hitting post?

Anyone who's played TF2 or CounterStrike for literally any length of time can tell you that assholes will be asshole regardless.
And in 2019, when every game has social elements upon social elements, they're just not worth it anymore.
I'm more than okay with dealing with the occasional asshole if it means I never have to see
>Reason for kick: My brother wanted to play
ever again

>circlejerking cancer
>not just channeling your dislike of the circlejerk into annoying them with game mechanics

your levels of fun are fucking dismal

why would you play on a server with reserved slots in the first place
just cause u suck at picking servers to play on doesnt mean theyre bad

They're dismal with dedicated servers, yes. That's why matchmaking exists, so I don't have to deal with faggy LARPers and circlejerkers with their cult of personality.
You can't "annoy them with game mechanics" when they dictate the game mechanics in the server.

>Join a server
>Uh user, AK are banned on this server
>Placing the bomb there is also banned because it gives Ts an unfair advantage
>Only one AWP per team
>Kicked from server, reason: Slot reserved for VIPs :)
Fuck server browsers im glad they are dead and not coming back ever

then leave the server child
or better still do your research on the clowns in the server before you even bother

again, you join a shit server and complain about it like its every server instead of joining a decent one

There's no point joining servers when they're all administrated by faggots, I'd rather join a a dev server or use matchmaking, where I don't have to play by chance to find an alive server not populated entirely by retards.

there should be both systems, so you can be quarantined far away with all the other console refugees

>too retarded to find a good server or got banned from all the good ones for being a retard

>Join a decent server
>Full of shitters that are there 24/7
If only there was a method of having players get matched with other players of similar skill to play by vanilla rules

Works on my machineā„¢

>Friends
>0 online

Attached: hopeless.png (509x619, 8K)

I grew up with The All Seeing Eye

Did you perchance vote for Hillary Clinton?
>consumer choice is bad
>self-policed communities are bad; because some of them were shit and had bad policy, none of them should be allowed to exist
>the soulless, faceless nameless beaurocracies of corporate america and/or government should be in charge because they do a great job of fostering communities
>surely it isnt just pandering to currentyear social agendas and currentday profitmargins

Do you need the government to wipe your ass, too, you fucking infant?

There are no good servers. The most populated servers are full of cancer and the only ones that aren't are dev hosted or dead. I only get banned for using a weapon they don't like, or killing them too much, or not participating in their faggy ritualistic bullshit manufactured personal rulesets.
Meanwhile with matchmaking. I wait for 30 seconds and get a game where I can play consistently without having to pussyfoot around and focus entirely on the match.

That would have been the valid comparison.

Never seen a graphic lay it out so clearly.

Not him but good servers are a limited commodity. You have to find something that has good ping, plays the game the way you like, is active (and has slots open) in a way that can support your play schedule, and has a community you tolerate.

Depending on how popular the game is you might not be able to check any boxes besides the first.

I really enjoyed NS2 up until I quit last year for example but there were only two servers with playable ping to where I live, one of which plays the faded minigame exlusively and the other of which was always full.

Attached: lupin 3.jpg (237x168, 6K)

this, I don't care if automatch exists as an option but if it's the only option then it's shit.

>There are no good servers
nice lie
i remember playing on countless servers that didn't have corrupt admins in my region but I guess that didnt happen haha

This is my biggest issue with matchmaking. It works for small scale games like left 4 dead, dead by daylight, gears of war, or basically anything where the max is like 5v5.

Another thing is that I don't always want to play to win. I don't always want to feel like I'm forced to play my best character or loadouts. I don't always care about winning if the fight itself is fun. I've played a metric shit ton of TF2 games where I didn't care if my team won, but I did care about pushing the objective with whatever class I wanted to play because there were a ton of loadouts that would completely change how you approached combat. Hell, 75% of the weapons in that game wouldn't even exist if it was matchmaking tryhard time 100%. Shit like pre-mini setry offensive engie setting up level ones on people, demoknights entirely, ambassador spy (which got a really fucking stupid nerf recently, or so i hear), etc

You look at Overwatch since its the closest analogue we got. You can't play to just have fun there. Not only are individual games WAY more important because of the downtime between matches, but that game is balanced entirely around tryhard comp 100% of the time and you are actively hurting the enjoyment of your team mates if you fuck around with someone youre not good with, or even someone youre good with but the team doesnt need. The last few months I played it before I stopped back in like december or january I was only playing deathmatch because thats the only laidback mode in there. and even then you'll get into tons of situations where you cant do shit period because you get hard countered by at least a couple people every game.

I just want Team Fortress 3, where they arent chasing the Overwatch / CSGO esports ranking bullshit and where they aren't built from the ground up around microtransactions and lootboxes. Too bad thats exactly what would happen.

Attached: 1420840871181.gif (380x340, 1.84M)

I think the problem you are having is that the only games that still have this system areover 10 years old and anyone still playing them has also been playing for 10 years and is quite good.
In it's hayday CS and CS:S had 100's of populated servers of all types.
You could find servers that were filled with various skill levels.
Now these games have maybe 5-10 active servers filled with diehard fans who know every nook and cranny and will wreck you.
The only way to have fun with these games now is to get better and better.
No room for casuals anymore unless you dont mind going 5-20 regularly.

I got banned from a server for racism because of one response to someone shitting up chat with nigger this and nigger that.
My horrible transgression?
A reference to a south park episode.
>lol nigger guy
Never went back and found a better server.
Fucking tight asses.

>there are people here who had to grow up with MSDOS and install games manually wasting hours of their lives that they'll never see again

LOL

youtube.com/watch?v=8oe6UzVs7_Y

Attached: thrilling.gif (498x278, 1.69M)

Kind of true.
>don't want to play competitive
>has to cope to casual server settings
I just want to play pubs where you need to buy armor. It's fucking boring when everyone is a bullet sponge for free and there is no penalty for sucking dick. Also there is no sense of community anymore like used to be in 1.6. It's just a bunch of random retards you'll never meet again vs. same folks every night on favorite server.

Attached: 1531951218644.jpg (850x767, 95K)

Gathered with my bros to play Quake Champions at an internet cafe past weekend. Shit was goddamn cash, 6 hours just flew by.
As long as you got friends to play with and games have custom lobbies with lotsa different modes it's all gonna be fine.

Attached: 1503497489286.jpg (300x245, 23K)

>there are people in here who have never experienced not only buying a hard copy of a game but also not downloading at least 50% of the game in updates upon install
Top quality keks