Days Gone

Any good? Just got a PS4 slim recently, trying to find _______fun______ games to justify my purchase.

(Context: Bloodbourne was shit the first 15 minutes in, Shadows of Collosus and Horizon Zero Dawn were boring, God of War and Spider-Man were fairly good, Tetris Effect was god-tier)

Attached: A7398255-B8D5-4695-992B-DFE9A8428EFF.jpg (220x242, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BHnhtGJaMcY&t=390
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You might not like it.

If you really like zombies, you will.

Attached: DAYS GONE_20190505152816.jpg (1920x1080, 319K)

I'm having a blast with it. It's comfy as hell.

>i have shit taste, will i enjoy this shit?

I had fun but will never replay it

I don't think I've encountered a single person who claims Bloodborne is shit and isn't stuck somewhere in the game or struggled with the whole thing. Pretty funny desu.

Attached: 1555713274733.jpg (960x1009, 667K)

Looks fine from the gameplay I've seen. Horizon Zero Dawn looked boring as fuck when I was watching my roommate play it. Seems like you enjoy "cinematic" games and all the characters I've seen in this were likeable.

Attached: DAYS GONE_20190504233752.jpg (1920x1080, 372K)

roomate huh? you guys uhmm haha you know...

There are better open world games. If you don't have an affinity for pozzed biker drama I'd pass.

Does comfy just mean bad? You retards use that term for everything and it doesn't make any sense to me in this context

what are you 50

OP here, what makes it comfy? I’m not even sure what the game is about or how it’s even played.

comfy means this

Attached: DAYS GONE_20190429153221.jpg (1920x1080, 213K)

No it's just words generally mean things in my experience

Game fun. Can you comprehend that user?

A safe house overlooking the forest might be comfy if it weren't for the bleeding aids biker in the bed

So the vibe I'm getting is that this game is great if you are a retard who can't even put their thoughts into words effectively. Thanks for the info

>zombie game stupid

Attached: DAYS GONE_20190504210400.jpg (1920x1080, 541K)

It's comfy to imagine your old dry mouth

>by the makers of resistance psp and uncharted vita and BUBY 3D
Nice dev you got there. Kinda redeemable by sypho filter, but days gone is boring whatever shit, even order 1886 is more appealing.

It's terrible. The gunplay is weightless and has no impact, the progression in the major camps only has 3 tiers so you have to grind a shit ton before you are ”trusted" enough to buy anything but a rifle, and there aren't enough things to buy. None of the characters are likeable or relatable in any sense. It also runs like dogshit even on the pro. It is pretty and the hordes are kind of novel, but it is absolutely bottom of the barrel open world fare.

Thanks I guess

>I have not played it. Let me tell you what the reviews say.

Attached: DAYS GONE_20190505153804.jpg (1920x1080, 231K)

Do you have a counterpoint to any of that or are you just shilling for this shit game to spite dumb game journos who were offended at the wedding scene

Who would even play it? It's unappealing. It's like going to the cinema to watch some cheap zombie shit that you know you'll hate, at least ticked doesn't cost as much

it's great

Attached: IMG_20190505_164911.jpg (1920x1080, 341K)

>he admits he hasn't played it
thank you

>it's terrible
just absurd

>gunplay
is not amazing, but fine, esp later on

>grind
lol no

>runs like shit
yeah true

>bottom of the barrell
again absurd. it's mediocre at worst. 7.5 is a fair score. 8.5 if you like zombies.

Attached: DAYS GONE_20190505154452.jpg (1920x1080, 412K)

Horizon-kun moving on to shilling for even worse games. Sad

>thank you
No, why would i? Why the fuck would i spend money on "open world" zombie shit made by bubsie 3d devs and psp and vita spin offs of bigger franchises?

It's like this game was made using left over parts of actual successful games. It doesnt play or look original at all.

>it's mediocre
Why would you play it then? It's not free, it costs like other AAA games, are you just a shiteater? Or you just played every other game in existence?

What later on improves it? The focus skill you unlock? Because I don't think the lack of feedback from the zombos when you unload into them is going to change much.

Also, don't downplay the fact that literally anything worth buying for your bike. If this game wasn't retarded you could get rewards progressively as you do shit for camps. There should be more tiers that are actually accessible so you are incentivised early game to do shit like turn in bounties or hunt for meat.

>another white male protagonist
pass

Attached: 4083.gif (191x184, 3.06M)

I'm not saying you have to or even should. I just want you to stop posting reviews of a game you haven't played. Now why should you play it anyway? If you like rural open world shit or zombies, it is a very adequate one of those. Also it has soul, which I don't have to explain the importance of in overcoming jank.

Attached: DAYS GONE_20190428021557.jpg (1920x1080, 256K)

>Also it has soul, which I don't have to explain the importance of in overcoming jank

What does that even mean dawg

I have bad games that I have a weird affinity for too, but stop trying to trick these nice folk into thinking this game is anything more than it is

Well it isn't mediocre for me. It's actually very good for me. But I like open worlds and zombie stuff. Mediocre doesn't mean bad. Just lukewarm. If you're not a zombie/innawoods fan, it's that. It's not bad. Not great. Lukewarm. You're lying if you're telling me you can't enjoy a mediocre game with soul and a few interesting quirks like hordes.

the weapons themselves get better/more fun to use. you unlock rep tiers with the camps by donig story missions. there's no need to grind if you just do a few missions and clear out the local riff raff. You might have to grind the last level, I dunno. I haven't beat it. But I'm not experiencing a grind at all in 30+ hours. Weapons come a little slower than I'd like, but I've unlocked a handful of things so far.

*Any upgrades worth buying for your bike or any guns that aren't the rifle are locked behind the three upgrade tiers that you either have to grind out or play 10 or so hours into the campaign

it's just boring and generic. checklists and fetch quests. boring story that takes itself way too seriously.

Why do you get so defensive whenever some says something negative about this fucking game? Its mediocre. Get over it.

It means that it's got an aesthetic that's compelling and genuinely 10/10 moments here and there sprinkled among a lot of 7s and a fair helping of 5s. It's greater than the sum of its parts. It's just fun. I'm waiting for it to suck, and it won't do it.

Attached: DAYS GONE_20190504151515.jpg (1920x1080, 300K)

he's on your side
lmao tendy friendly fire

Attached: 1557073513919.jpg (400x400, 71K)

Mediocre games should be skipped not shilled, that's why.

It's a 60 hour game. 10 hours in to get a shotgun isn't that ridiculous. Getting the sidearm shotgun isn't that hard nor is getting an assault rifle or two. You're right that it feels like you don't have enough weapons early enough, but I just got used to it and tried mixing up what I did have.

Attached: DAYS GONE_20190504172112.jpg (1920x1080, 144K)

I just didn't find the hordes that interesting I guess, they should have given you more ways to interact with that part of the game. I'd have loved to board up windows or something. Or made it more satisfying/feasible to mow them down like in the trailer.

I just think they should have split the tiers out into smaller tiers so you are unlocking shit consistently, and maybe had more stuff to unlock. It gets extremely boring early game to keep using that rifle.

same

I'm backpeddling. I don't think it's mediocre. I said that because I'm assuming you have no soul and judge everything by polish/originality. On paper it's generic/mediocre as fuck. In execution, it's slightly above-average. But don't expect a GOTY-tier game, even though this might be my GOTY depending on what comes out.

Attached: DAYS GONE_20190504173212.jpg (1920x1080, 533K)

I'm curious now because I felt like I gave the game a fair shake- if I'm not into it by the time I got to that flashback sequence with the helicopter, should I keep going ? When did it click for you?

It clicked early for me, but I probably like this more than most. I don't know how you're playing, but I tend to fuck around for an hour in between each story mission, unless there's not much left to see/do.

Maybe I'll give it another shot. I was just pissed off by that bear boss fight. Playing on hard too so I'm not sure how much that effects things

Don't feel compelled to stick to the rails. Go out exploring and shit. You'll stumble upon stuff and get into trouble. It might just not be your thing, though. There's a lot of jank/fps drops to overcome.

Attached: DAYS GONE_20190505002348.jpg (1920x1080, 530K)

shadow of the collosus and bloodborne are boring
this is a bate thread

this fight?
youtube.com/watch?v=BHnhtGJaMcY&t=390

I'd wait for the eventual 20$ sale

>It means that it's got an aesthetic that's compelling
Oh boy, more completely grounded, photo-realistic art direction! We haven't seen THAT before, no sir!

the game is a bit too easy even on hard
they should've released survival at launch
the problem is the ai, which mostly sucks.
survival mode might make the definitive version of the game. I'm liking it enough that I think I'll be interested in doing a second run in June.

Yep, it wasn't that difficult but it really took me out of it that I snuck through that whole mission super carefully and then it forces me to fight the bear rather than just run the fuck away. I wish the missions were less ridgid

the missions are one of the weakest aspects of the game so far. I hear it picks up later on though.

>Any good?
Very good.

I feel like if this game had one or two interesting mechanics surrounding the horde and survival stuff it could have been really good, but I just started to find it boring. The zombies are fast but it's too easy to kite them around

>god of war and spiderman were fairly good
shit fucking taste, stay on console and dont ever move from it

Attached: 1552149285302.webm (1440x508, 1.75M)

>I bet you have not played it
>REEEE ITS UNAPPEALING WHY WOULD I PLAY IT
Holy shit. I thought it looked meh but you faggots convinced me that its GOTY by being so retarded.

>Insanely aggressive DoF blurring the fuck out of everything
Really getting tired of this meme but I suppose that's how the PS4 gets away with "good looking" games but obscuring the fuck out of half the game so you don't notice how bad it actually look.

If yuo got the Conan Exiles as free PS Plus from last month, you could try it. It even has admin mode for single-player if you can't stand huge grind

>Bloodbourne was shit the first 15 minutes in
literal pleb

Attached: 1536114264245.gif (119x152, 424K)

Attached: DAYS GONE_20190506012209.jpg (1920x1080, 350K)

comfy

Attached: DAYS GONE_20190506011416.jpg (1920x1080, 359K)

>Nice hands
>it'd be a shame if someone pissed on them

Just got to the uh.. final part of the map im guessing after lost lake. Anyone else who has gotten this far, do you feel like the story is now turning to shit? I was hoping Deek would hook up with Rikki after that one scene but nothing came from it and honestly I hated that Carlos was someone you knew and that Deek not losing hope paid off, but not only did it pay off but she wants to stay like what the fuck

I feel like im very close to the end of the game, but damn I really wish they didnt make those decisions when it comes to the story.