When I plucked her from Black Mesa...

When I plucked her from Black Mesa, I acted in the face of objections that she was a mere child and of no practical use to anyone. I have learned to ignore such naysayers, when... quelling them was out of the question.

Attached: G-Bra.jpg (1920x1200, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KdeY1v6jC7Q
twitter.com/BreenGrub
youtube.com/watch?v=QsjJmvANWn8
youtube.com/watch?v=V2vnJhva0MQ
youtu.be/t5ewEuu5ILc
youtu.be/IPG3eDTy-yo?t=965
youtu.be/iy61r3Qkm6o
youtube.com/watch?v=Qstnizb2Y0o
youtube.com/watch?v=6uN3dxJRnss
youtube.com/watch?v=e3U8Y1D-vkg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The whole Half-life saga has top tier atmosphere

I feel like I've been seeing a resurgence of depression over the state of Half Life recently.

I stopped giving a shit for so long, but now I'm abruptly remembering how much I enjoyed the series.

Attached: Half_Life.jpg (1300x812, 260K)

FULLY
QUELLED
NAYSAYERS

youtu.be/KdeY1v6jC7Q

i think it's due to all the rumors surrounding HLVR
sort of reopening old wounds

>8 years ago

Attached: 1523162719618.jpg (343x315, 30K)

>in the comments he talks about how he has a family now
>his kids are probably old enough to play half life
was 2011 the last good Valve year?

Attached: 1556628895740.jpg (824x579, 85K)

I started thinking about it again when some people started saying that Valve should actually respond to Epic's competition by making some of their own content again like Netflix did.

Which probably don't happen because Epic buying out exclusivity can't last forever and Valve hardly acts like they give a shit, but I can dream.

It's interesting how Breen's face momentarily flashes on the screen when he talks about the "naysayers" who objected to him saving Alyx at Black Mesa.

Yeah. Portal 2 was their last worthwhile product, nonsensical cash shop not withstanding.

Was there ever any implication that Alyx remembers the G-Man? Was the day of the massacre Bring Your Daughter to Work Day?

Alyx lived at Black Mesa, if I'm not mistaken

HL2 has an epic fuckload of retcons. Reminder that G-Man was originally the Administrator of Black Mesa. Breen was a retcon. Barney was a retcon. The year HL2 takes place in was a retcon.

A lot of the employees lived at Black Mesa. The opening tram ride in HL1 is from the dormitories to the labs.

Barney wasn't really a retcon. He's more of a random NPC in-joke that got upgraded into an actual character.

>Marc Laidlaw made a twitter account roleplaying as Dr.Breen's reincarnated grub alien years before epistle 3
>it was so obscure that nobody even knew
>the profile picture was literally ripped from cancelled hl3 model leaks
twitter.com/BreenGrub

>2012

Attached: 1467232853573.jpg (256x256, 15K)

Barney being friends with Gordon is the retcon is what I should have said.

Was Breen Grub meant to show the tragic side to someone being forced to work under the Combine at gunpoint, or was it just to give him an actual death scene after his abrupt defeat in HL2?

It was a cry for help.

FOR GOD'S SAKE, OPEN THE SILO DOORS!

>The year HL2 takes place in was a retcon.
?

Hes clearly a remorseful villain. he's one of those "bad guys who thinks he's right" and not some scheming overlord or some shit.

He did what he could to save his people. FANTASTIC character.

Attached: 1453398459576.jpg (236x288, 13K)

That's not how it plays out in HL2. In HL2 he's an wormy despot.

STOP BRINGING BACK THESE FEELINGS

he literally has no power you fucking idiot hes being manipulated by the combine hes not even remotely a despot he's a representative

youtube.com/watch?v=QsjJmvANWn8

Attached: e30.jpg (640x755, 216K)

youtube.com/watch?v=V2vnJhva0MQ

at least the final half life segment ever was fucking bumping

Attached: Two Thousand Yard Stare.jpg (468x490, 153K)

user...
>Dr. Freeman. You really shouldn't be out there. At the moment of synapse, as I teleport, this chamber will be bathed in deadly particles that have yet to be named by human science. Perhaps when I have the leisure to do the work myself, I'll name one after you. That way you won't be completely forgotten. When the singularity collapses, I will be far away from here. In another universe, as a matter of fact. You, on the other hand, will be destroyed in every way it is possible to be destroyed-and even in some which are essentially impossible.
Is that you, Breen?

>Will you let your stubborn short-sightedness doom the entire species, or will you give your child the chance her mother never had?
After which Alyx spits in his face, and Breen makes a motion to backhand her before relenting:
>Alyx my dear, you have your mother's eyes. But your father's stubborn nature.
>Really? Well, let's see how [well] it serves you on the far side of a Combine portal.
>Eli: Go ahead, Breen! If that's the worst you can do, send us both through your portal!
>Oh, it's hardly the worst. But you might find that hard to believe once you get there.

>And this one has proven to be a fine pawn for those who control him. How about it, Dr. Freeman? Did you realize your contract was open to the highest bidder?

You can make the argument in the early game, but by Nova Prospekt where he chastises the Overwatch and Gordon Freeman in the same cast, it's clear who he really is. There's a good bit here:
>Carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where [the] dimensions intersect... Impossible to describe with our limited vocabulary!
But that's it.

I hope HLVR doesn't get cancelled like the last 6 or so Half-Life games.

youtu.be/t5ewEuu5ILc

>There will never be kino main menus like this again

Attached: 1498453023453.jpg (600x600, 26K)

Hunt Down the Freeman.

is terrible
black mesa is the only answer

What happened to you?
What happened to us?
To the people that we were supposed to become?

Attached: 138660_980.jpg (980x741, 71K)

youtu.be/IPG3eDTy-yo?t=965

This universe just laidlaw having fun or giving a universe where the day was saved?

youtu.be/iy61r3Qkm6o

Why the fuck did botw have that bland ass menu.

HL2 is probably not the same universe as HL1. 'the right man in the wrong place'.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
WHY VALVE WHY CAN'T YOU MAKE YOUT GODDAMN HL3

Attached: 1557032577963m.jpg (1024x681, 203K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Qstnizb2Y0o
youtube.com/watch?v=6uN3dxJRnss
youtube.com/watch?v=e3U8Y1D-vkg

Underrated soundtrack.

At least we have Black Mesa's Xen to look forward to.

Attached: 4ee0814f0fd02fbb06e436bd3ed69a78250715b5.gif (400x400, 1.93M)

Attached: 1e2767a04c9bae38ff6b1c9961ac1c47ad794a7f.gif (400x400, 2.29M)

nigger everyone knew about it when it was happening.

Attached: 305f84af4712b480578a18d416d6ec9bc4619bdd.gif (400x400, 2.62M)

People already know about this.

Too different, the vegetation doesn't give me that Xen vibe. Looks like a generic alien jungle.

I didn't. I avoided extra info and leaks for years for fear of spoiling myself for when the next episode came out.

Attached: 3487503.jpg (747x711, 89K)

>remaster a game
>delay releasing the final level because you insist on making it completely different to what it was in the original

Most people hated how Xen played in Half-Life 1. That's why they're changing it.

People hated how it played, not how it looked.

TBF, Xen is by far the weakest part of HL1 and everyone agrees on that. I have a buddy who recently never beat HL1 for the first time and he HATED it so bad, he almost quit.

Attached: 1492470321045.png (936x500, 315K)

Even Valve (or at least Gaben) basically denounced Xen as originally shipped a year or two back. There's an abundance of evidence that it was supposed to be a much larger part of the game and significantly different, with the player not just thrown into teleportation chaos as an assassin, but actually leading an Alien Slave (Vortigaunt) revolt. There was also supposed to be an early version of The Combine (totally different in conception at that point from what we eventually got, of course).

Attached: ecf6c3f3856970f66438a2a56d0b83393618eab5.gif (400x400, 2.37M)

lel

EY WHYS YOU GOOK SHMUCKS JUST STANDIN AROUND, GET OUTTA THE WAY IM WALKIN ERE

Attached: 2019-04-27_2305.png (1920x1030, 1.36M)

Loved this shit.

That looks incredible. Can't wait. I'll miss Xen's void and islands, though.

I don't think it's fair to say he's just a guy who think he's looking out for humanity's best interests. It's clear that he has an unhealthy fascination with the Combine, and wants to gain more of the knowledge they have.

Those will still be there.

Going through the hints and pieces we get of everything going on in the Half Life universe makes me so genuinely depressed that it will never find an outlet to be detailed and fleshed out. I understand that it's good writing (and kind of the point) to keep the viewer/player in the dark to keep up intrigue, but to know we will never know the true power, technological superiority, and vastness of the Combine Empire by seeing other parts of it is just depressing to think about. It has so much going on on it, and even in the """ending""" we get with the leaked ending of episode 3, we don't know the true extent of the Combine.

At the end, he was right, though. The revolution only made the combine angrier. Gordon himself aknowledges that fighting the combine is useless in the leaked hl3 story. Been wanted humanity to prevail in slavery rather than have them be completely erradicated by an infinitely superior race. Been was right

Too bad humanity would've been cast aside as a race the moment Earth was bled dry and the only memory it would have within the Combine empire, if any, would be selective breeding and enslavement as "boots on the ground" grunts for invasions.
Humanity was fucked either way. Sure, Breen was prolonging the inevitable but this begs the classic issue of a slow drawn out death under slavery, or dying as men trying to be free.

The lack of documentation on the Valve Developer Wiki is embarassing

kek