While Giygas is a great Lovecraftian boss he isn't quite true Lovecraft because he can be defeated, prove me wrong

While Giygas is a great Lovecraftian boss he isn't quite true Lovecraft because he can be defeated, prove me wrong

Attached: Giygas.gif (426x426, 438K)

Who cares if something is Lovecraftian or not

I just wanted to have a discussion, because I'm lonely

What the FUCK is it exactly

Giygas is just defeated.
Not killed, not destroyed - we don't quite know what exactly happened to it.
Cthulhu was defeated in the original story Call of Cthulhu.
Nyarlathotep gets thwarted occasionally.
Humans and cats triumphing over otherworldly forces is not unheard of in Lovecraft's writings.

i bet a nuke would straighten out any lovecraftian horror

An alien being who came to earth to reclaim the knowledge of PSI and then sent the whole place into a dark oblivion

This. Plus Giygas isn't really defeated by conventional means either. They sort of "prayed" him away. And not directly either, people around the world prayed for Ness and the party, which led to Giygas being "defeated."

I meant to say killed outright, not just defeated

it's a FEEEEETUUUSSSSSS!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

I love that Cthulhu hits his head on a boat and gets knocked the fuck out

Does that mean that the bosses in Bloodborne aren't true Lovecraft?
Since you can kill them.

can someone post the karl pilkington i can't be doing with this version
been looking for it for months

Lovecraft entities can be defeated, even killed. The main question is if humans can do jack shit against them, which changes depending on the entity.

Well that depends, were nukes a thing during Lovecraft's life? If not I seriously doubt he would've thought humans could ever adquire that kind of destructive power in real life.

Again it depends. Some Lovecraft shit doesn't have a body or even exists on "our" plane of reality, but can drive people mad by accident. But then you have shit like Cthulhu how got knocked the fuck out by a boat.

I posit that if nukes had existed in lovecraft's lifetime, he would have made his entities stronger, or at least some of them.

Not that it mattered, because by that time Giygas had become so braindead that Porky had completely replaced him as the absolute master of the alien forces.

The Dunwich Horror was defeated

Actually part of the reason Lovecraft tuned to the occult for inspiration was because he was writing during the 1920-30s which was a major era for science, so he needed a source for of horror that couldn't be easily explained by science

You wont get that here.
That and the fact we are mostly male so its not the kind of attention you want user.

This. I've read a fucking huge collection of Lovecraft stories and while none of the entities truly die, they can be "defeated" through various means. Most of the monsters don't come into the spotlight and are merely hinted at or seen and little else, though.

He was mever defeated in earthbound
Just scared away
He could still be alive in mother three
Or maybe he time traveled and possesed a lamp....
What happened to gigyas?New sitcom on ABC Tonight at nine starring danny devito as porky,adam sandler as fassad,and daniel redcliff as gigyas

my mother in law was defeated lol

Shoggoths are pretty low in the lovecraft monster tier though, aren't they?

While we're on the topic, Chaos Eaters look a lot like how Old Ones are described in The Mountains of Madness except it doesn't have a star shaped "head".

Attached: Chaos_Eater.png (428x490, 267K)

>the fact we are mostly male so its not the kind of attention you want user
Thats what you think

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 51K)

Attached: 1542591874309.png (345x283, 5K)

>YOU CAN ALL STOP STARING NOW!

I see what you did there.

Attached: 1281269102237s.jpg (251x198, 11K)

Or discord trannies.
Well, whatever rocks your boat mate.

>he doesn’t punch horrors to death in his giant Abe Lincoln robot

Shoggoths are slaves. They'll fuck you up though.