Thoughts on this?

Thoughts on this?
twitter.com/ssbunews/status/1125204020774285312?s=21

Attached: 6BA79798-3ED9-481E-B0A6-59A4C84794D7.jpg (2048x1911, 581K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y3R8tkvlAlk
youtube.com/watch?v=1RaG123x_wU
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Xwag9HkqpWEgbHxR_C7wcxC_pqjS28XWjtMJtaFQ9M/htmlview
playstationlifestyle.net/2019/04/04/persona-5-sales-numbers-2019/
twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=steve banjo&src=typd
strawpoll.me/17943556
twitter.com/123CaptainSteve/status/1119791898091245569
youtube.com/watch?v=CV76QegRezE
gonintendo.com/stories/302660-sakurai-details-his-experience-of-playing-minecraft-on-the-switch
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-02-01-super-smash-bros-ultimate-is-the-fastest-selling-home-console-game-in-nintendos-history
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>All the good characters deconfirmed
>Anyone not Banjo is garbage

It gives my a warm cozy feeling that outside of maybe doomguy, none of these characters have a chance as DLC. Although Dante would be cool.

>Sora
>Spirits

Holy shit Sykin is such a faggot, he literally excluded Spirits and not Assist trophies because of Elma, fuck off and fuck Twitter for wanting this edgy emo teen

no doomguy no doombuy

Sora is my most wanted so I like this. However, why the fuck is Steve #4?

but OP, I thought people actually wanted Erdrick, so why'd he only get 36th place?

Remember, spirits and mii costumes are official decomfirms

Who's poll was this? If it were here Reimu would have absolutely ranked.

why would doomguy a chance

>he literally excluded Spirits
No he didn't. Bandana Dee and Shantae are there. Nobody gives a fuck about Elma

>Steve made it to fourth place
fucking memers

Steve is highly requested with the next generation of Smashfags. Everyone who's 20 now played Minecraft as young teens

>Made the sensible choice to omit ATs
>Still found a way to be garbage

BASED! My boys are in!

Attached: DLC fighters.png (898x801, 506K)

That's Sans though

>Phoenix Wright
>SEVENTH
HOLY SHIT ABSOLUTELY FUCKING BASED
HE'S IN BOYS WITH EDGEWORTH ECHO FUCKING CONFIRMED
youtube.com/watch?v=Y3R8tkvlAlk
youtube.com/watch?v=1RaG123x_wU

Attached: 1531864926569.png (4800x3600, 385K)

> Disney Twink
> Cereal Box Mascot
> G*no
> Blockhead
> Slut Genie
> Badly designed JRPG protagonist
> Gayman
> Looney Tunes rip-off
> Bench Fox
> Brap girl

Why do Smashfags want these shitty characters in? This is pathetic

>The only characters Japan would even bother giving a crap about and not already Spirit'd on the top are Sora, Banjo and Steve

big oof

>Geno all the way down to 6 when he ranked 2 last poll
It's fucking hilarious how people gave up on him so fast

Why is it that Bandana Dee is the only first party character that anyone has any faith in now?

Attached: BandanaIcon.png (156x141, 10K)

Jesus Christ what's with the smash community having such garbage taste in characters

Who do you want in then?

>unofficial
LITERALLY who the fuck cares

it's moreso people hoping that spirits don't deconfirm

>461108795
eh we need more pokemon

Nobody, all the important characters are already in

Attached: solaireofastora.jpg (512x512, 39K)

He's the closest first party character to be considered something worth giving a damn about and even then that's a stretch
He's just the top of the bottom of the barrel

>Reimu at 20
No

Attached: 1545442750836.jpg (905x807, 31K)

>cop-out answer
every time

Attached: 1550093236524.jpg (620x350, 131K)

Honestly surprised Shantae is still up so high
Not even the Shovelfags were this persistent
I would've expected her to fall out in favor of other third parties on the Switch

reminder that Joker didn't appear on any of these fucking polls
anyway Bamco will want another rep and Dark Souls 3 was their best selling game in the company's history, he's in

Attached: image00300.jpg (1357x1920, 304K)

Full list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Xwag9HkqpWEgbHxR_C7wcxC_pqjS28XWjtMJtaFQ9M/htmlview

Why even complain about any of these characters getting a chance in the first place.

>Sora
>edgy
>emo
nigger you what

Nintendo proposed the DLC
Sakurai made the final shots

how is it hilarious when there's good reason to? he isn't happening this time. it's obvious.
nice to see him still getting some love, though. i didn't think he'd place at all because of spirits (more likely than not) deconfirming. hoping he comes back to the mario rpgs one day.

2B or bust

(I didn't have a picture of 2B on this hard drive so here's Kaine instead)

Attached: 567895 - Kaine Nier_Gestalt ashiomi_masato nier nier_replicant.jpg (576x800, 308K)

Geno isn't ever happening.

that doesn't exclude a DaS rep

the funny thing is most of these characters are straight up deconfirmed

>Check the chart
>Agumon got more votes then Marx and Heihachi
BASED

Attached: Aguman.png (200x283, 43K)

What the fuck does Elma have to do with this? The fact that no one knows who she is?

Source uncensored?

>Phoenix polling even higher than usual
Damn, I don't wanna get my hopes up. But he's in.

Attached: 1556449880779.gif (220x274, 302K)

Reminder that demographics on these unofficial polls are fucked because only massive autists would go out of their way to seek these out.

>The Cereal Box Mascot did better than Blockhead and The literal who anime swordsman

Attached: 1556573313444.gif (450x343, 474K)

So all Smash players?

So Rosterfaggots?

Of course he did. Shitposters will try their absolute hardest to make you believe Banjo isn't popular.

Banjo didn't even get 2k votes. He's not popular lol

>2B or bust
my nigga!
but apparently she was deconfirmed on twitter

>before release
>fan polls are considered a valid source for what characters are considered viable
>now
>fan polls don't matter jack shit, so-and-so character can never be in Smash despite getting numerous never-evers last time around
what the fuck happened?

>All characters above Phoenix are either deconfirm or impossible besides maybe Banjo
He's in

Attached: images.jpg (739x415, 41K)

reminder that sora just had a game come out a couple months ago so his numbers are bloated, none of this is surprising and banjo is in the game.

>Sora is impossible
>Shovelware bear is possible
nice bait

Stevefags unironically exist
They're literally kids

>Numerous never evers
You mean Ridley and K rool. Fan polls have always been autistic and sakurai proved get doesn't care by including plant and joker.

sora has been a popular pick even before his game came out.

>2nd place on a poll where 1st place (Sora) barely broke 2k himself
>implying 2k is some kind of magic number that dictates 'popularity' or not
squirm for me, baby

Attached: 1548339975447.gif (500x364, 927K)

That's literally how Joker got in. By being a flavor of the month

Reimu made it to 20
Seeing how the last image circulated on 5ch, seeing Reimu on there would have given them a heart attack

Whodrick got literally 36th place

Attached: f035bf1cfb6588a1addfcbb1d2db0663 copy.png (420x420, 391K)

>tails but no eggman
>disneyshit winning
fucking smashfags I swear to god

Attached: 1551715620223m.jpg (1024x537, 50K)

Sora has 5 million people that bought his game recently. Banjo's most recent game couldn't break 500k. Where are the Banjo fans?

Where tf shovel knight at, weren't people clamouring for him? Am I blind?

>sakurai proved get doesn't care by including plant and joker.
>two characters invalidate all the previous picks

nah, P5 is considered certified kamige by japanese developers including Nintendo who loved it enough to put in their game. stay angry.

Just gonna leave this here

Attached: Banjofags.png (1060x1766, 511K)

>fan polls are considered a valid source for what characters are considered viable
fan polls have never be considered a valid source, what the hell are you talking about?

>spirits and mii costumes are official decomfirms
explain, edlefag. and no, this lore shit doesn't count

Attached: 1489204690689.jpg (479x350, 21K)

>has to move the goalpost
well if game sales are a factor, I guess Bayonetta's getting removed in the next patch. what a shame.
>Where are the Banjo fans?
Even though Banjo hasn't had a new game in forever, he still manages to do this good on polls. Open your eyes, retard.

I'll say it again for you
>Numerous never evers
You mean Ridley and K rool.

the entire period between June 12th and October 31st of 2018

Based Banjochad putting dumb children in their place
Any opinion you have before you turn 20 is worthless

P5 is flavor of the month that sold like shit. Nobody even remembers in in 2019

doomguy has a chance due to the following
>possesses a current working-relationship with nintendo through the doom '16 port to switch and doom eternal being a multiplat
>possesses a past working-relationship with nintendo through the various doom ports to snes and gba, and doom 64 as an exclusive title
>represents an era of gaming history due to doom practically pioneering the fps genre, alongside its predecessor wolfenstein
>diddy kong, k. rool and dark samus show nintendo doesn't care about the character coming from filthy western developers
>the rule against realistic weaponry (i.e. guns) is softened due to bayonetta and joker possessing slug-throwing firearms, joker's being of a realistic shape even if it's an airsoft gun in persona 5
>doomguy tearing other fighters apart wasn't even a concept outside of the goofy tie-in comic until doom '16, which itself is referencing brutal doom and the comic; hyper-violence isn't a particular consideration
i doubt it, personally, but doomguy has a lot of legitimate points for why he's feasible. he at least isn't consigned to the depths of super smash flash 2 irrelevancy like several of the unofficial ballot's characters

>he doesn't know

Attached: 1556140925453.png (784x845, 517K)

not #1 dumbass, most people don't give a metric fuck about disney animu protagonist

joker got in because sega purchased atlus and sakurai jumped on the chance like a rabid otaku. the game also came out almost 3 years before smash U, dumbass, it's not a comparable scenario.

banjo fans 1) don't own an xbox console and 2) thought nuts & bolts was an atrocity and didn't want to support it.

Bayo is a nintendo published character
>he still manages to do this good on polls
Clearly not since he never gets many votes. Where are the banjo fans if he's so popular?

go back to your discord tranny

P5 is flavor of the month. That's why Sega execs forced Joker into Smash. Sakurai didn't want him in.

>sold like shit.
>best selling atlus game ever
okay, buddy.
>nobody cares about Sora
why is Yea Forums so delusional?

japan thinks it's the best game of all time because slice of life high school dating anime garbage is crazy popular over there, because Japanese people literally have no social lives, at all, the average western shutin has a larger social life than the average jap. they are a very very sad and socially stunted country

flopped game.

this has to be a brainlet samefag

>sold slightly better then other flops
That doesn't mean it sold good. But you knew that

>why is Yea Forums so delusional?

you're the one who is delusional if you've never actually talked to people about kingdom hearts. among real life people (real life people who, yes, play video games), the people who like kingdom hearts are "those weird guys who play that disney game".

playstationlifestyle.net/2019/04/04/persona-5-sales-numbers-2019/
UH OH

Rate it

Attached: Dlc tiers (unordered).png (1292x660, 1003K)

>multiple people all with completely different opinions
>brainlet samefag

maybe it's you who's fucking retarded user, have you considered that?

Fan polls have always been considered bullshit. The only reason people brought them up was because a character they liked did well. And unsurprisingly, the fan polls ended up being 100% useless. The only thing that mattered was the Smash Ballot for half the newcomers.

0% because it's full of personal bias pics that have roughly 0% chance of ever getting in.

>japan thinks it's the best game of all time
LOL no they don't. They didn't even buy it

>ryu
what the fuck would he even do that isn't already done by greninja and sheik

I say samefag, because it's sounds like the same person spouting factually wrong bullshit
see

Arthur is not even in the 85 fighters, but who cares he's in the fighter pass anyways.

Attached: Sir_Arthur.jpg (217x262, 11K)

2.7 million copies vs their other shit is more than "slightly"
Nah, a lot of people I've met in real life who's into video games likes KH
All the hostility towards the series I've only ever seen on the internet.

>2.4m worldwide sales
>a success

fucking lmao what? sekiro sold 2 million copies in 10 fucking days as a new IP. crash remaster sold over 10 million copies.

>2.4m sales
>not a success
how deluded do you have to be if you don't think those numbers are successful

Travis is literally the only good pick in the "top" tier
Solaire is the most sensible rep for any form of Dark Souls playable, Doomguy stands a good chance, I really doubt Dante but he could make a good choice if they were porting DMC5 or the HD collection or something, everyone else in that list is terrible
Black Mage is a good pick, you'd be better off rolling Ken and Akuma into Ryu MvC1 style than including a third shoto clone but it'd continue the trend of Akuma barging in on other fighting games, everyone else in that list is terrible
Everyone in Cringe is terrible except for Heavy and possibly Gordon Freeman
Bottom tier is objectively awful choices the whole way around for various reasons but if you talk shit about L-block I will backhand you into the fucking sun

Faggot bear just becuase of people bitching since Brawl, desu Steve is more like it

But Sora would be a legal mess and get the Cloud treatment

>non-realizable fighters have been omitted

Guess you should take Sora off that list too, then.

P5 only SHIPPED 2.5. It didn't even sell that much

Alright then contrarian, who do you think is getting in.

it's not permanently rising upwards so it's a fAiLuRe

Show me one fan poll from pre-Ultimate that doesn't have at least one character who got in

>Sora would be a legal mess
How exactly?

He has a katana, greninja and shiek have knives. He'd play more like a brawler ninja then an evasive one.

I'm pretty sure Disney said they're cool with Sora as long as Nomura is cool with it

Show me a fan poll that has isabelle, Richter, Incineroar (Pre-vergeben), Piranha Plant, or Joker

Nobody has been bitching since brawl for banjo

>Featuring Dante
Would have been based but Joker looks similar and even has some of the same moves, plus DMC was pretty dead when characters were being decided.
>Tails, Wright
Would really like to see. Off-picks but still possible
>Sora, Chief, Hunter, Shantae, Geno
Wouldn't be mad. Would be interesting and are popular picks
>Banjo, Rayman, Porky
It'd take some Sakurai magic to make me like him. Would have been fine on the base roster but as DLC it'd be a tough call.
>Bandee, Steve, Crash
Ha
>Rex
Deconfirmed a long time ago, but an XCX Rep is a possibility. There is no XCX Music in the game and it was popular around the time the characters were being decided.

Attached: 1489575342783.jpg (1280x720, 490K)

sora's appearance hinges considerably on whether disney properties are allowed to be shown because of the way kingdom hearts works, and last i remember sora's character-rights are owned by disney, not squeenix

What's wrong with having 3 ninjas?

having three characters that do the same thing is some fire emblem shit

Greninja and Sheik don't even play the same

>Erdrick is nowhere to be seen, even with his artificial popularity from fake leaks
Thank go-
>Steve
>Shantae
>Master Chief
>2B
>Hollow Knight
Can't wake up

>Bandana dee at 3+
This makes me happy, He may not everyone’s cup of tea, but he sure is mine. Though, I will admit that I hope Hal gives him a bigger role in the next Kirby game and some new attacks.

Attached: 211616F3-30E2-4DF8-90F8-E09EA9947B5F.jpg (2048x2048, 210K)

>tfw your top pick has no chance
He's my top pick just because of the music though.

Attached: Adol_Ys_5.png (287x735, 77K)

Disney characters and Disney soundtrack are a big part of KH
For example the spirit board without Donald and Goofy or the lack of anything Disney related in his moveset
Is he could be in he would be even more souless than Cloud

why Solaire and not the CU
they're practically identical in terms of abilities except CU can do more than just lightning miracles

People only started using fan polls pre-Ultimate after K Rool was revealed. And none of the pre-Ultimate polls had Isabelle, Ken or Incineroar on them.

>Is he could be in he would be even more souless than Cloud
he's pretty much be a final fantasy protagonist if he were included but disney ips weren't allowed, would just beg the question of why they didn't use bartz or kain or terra or any other candidate they have

Attached: 1534744139815.png (221x201, 51K)

>sora's appearance hinges considerably on whether disney properties are allowed to be shown
Not really no. And Disney would not be a problem

>Sora
Kind of shit
>Banjo
I just wish these people would shut the fuck up already, also pretty shit
>Dee
Deez nuts
>Steve
Bottom of the barrel trash
>Shantae
See above
>Geno
See Steve, multiply that by two
>Phoenix Wright
Actually based
>Rex
God awful design, but might actually be fun
and actually accomplished something in the past two decades
>Rayman
Sure why not
>Crash
Only even brought up due to HD remakes, wasnt even apart of the conversation in smash 4. At least they remade the only game that mattered
>Chief
what are you 13?
>Doom Slayer
Based
>Dante
Meme pick
>Porky
Does Mother really need another rep? But might be fun to play
>Tails
The only Sonic character worth mentioning here is Eggman
>2B
meme pick
>Hollow Knight
Also meme pick
>Monster Hunter
Would also be cool

Alright pick 4 from the pic
>Banjo & Kazooie
>Monster Hunter
>Doom Slayer/Guy
>Dante

>Been wanting these characters since Brawl
Banjo
Isaac
Geno
Rayman

>Was a baby/wasn't even born during Brawl
Steve
Hat Goomba
The Knight
Shantae

>Were dead even before brawl
Banjo
Geno

Solaire was the only character from dark souls on the tier list maker, CU would be in based tier though.

Flame projectiles, shadow clones, anything involving his katana at all, wall climbing

Unless you're fortnite, disney putting its grimy mitts on anything gaming wise is a problem.

If you think about it, gen z kids that had a Wii as their first console probably want characters like Banjo, Isaac and Geno.

Says who

What makes you say that?

Because it's what happened. I want Brawl zoomers to go away.

Why are sorafags so toxic?

Attached: 1B79516E-0BB1-4229-9773-F7D05D6E21FE.jpg (750x754, 68K)

They've always been

Attached: TheTruth.png (1346x746, 903K)

in my opinion based on personal criteria, banjo is all but guaranteed to be in the game.

these 3rd party characters have a high chance of being in the game:

-crash bandicoot
-erdrick/dragon quest
-chosen undead
-doom guy

but nintendo could just pick random bullshit.

Attached: DopRt[1].jpg (1619x654, 417K)

Not him, but I heard MvCI was missing X-Men because of Disney. Wouldn't have fixed the other problems, but X-Men were pretty central in MvC.

>Kirby has so many GOAT side characters
>People want BWD
I mean I don't hate him but it's honestly the least imaginative pick you can have.

Attached: Star Allies.png (1536x1080, 1.61M)

Was there an echo poll?

See you fucks at E3
Its gonna happen

Attached: K17.gif (500x278, 2.47M)

>Steve shitposting discord still couldn't drown out Banjobros
>Dante now higher
>Crash still up high

Beautiful.

Attached: 1555558133718.png (974x737, 631K)

only if kh3 is ported to switch

>another jrpg protag right after Joker
I mean I'm fine with Sora, but I hope not. Give me someone vastly different for the next one.

Why do people keep using that AWFUL Smashified render for Banjo? Doesn’t even resemble the character.

Attached: 6ECD335C-09E8-4DFC-BEA0-80FBDFDBBB2C.jpg (739x415, 80K)

>Steve shitposting discord still couldn't drown out Banjobros
You think shitposting on Yea Forums affects other websites? Retard.

Square Enix literally wouldn't allow Nintendo to use a couple fucking PNG's for some Spirits to represent Final Fantasy and yet you believe they'd fucking give them Sora?

>Steve shitposting discord
Dude, it wasn't a dicord
There are unironic Stevefags
Let them have their fun

you know Persona 5 isn't coming to Switch, right?

>no cuphead

what happened? why did the colts give up?

Faggots refuse to admit that Sora has no chance at all.

[citation needed], nevermind joker's whole shtick of his invitation having been stolen
kingdom hearts does have history with nintendo but sora isn't exactly integral to any particular nintendo system, he's in the same boat as isaac in terms of nintendo relevance

see Yeah, I'm pretty sure Banjofags are now worse than Stevefags
Stevefags outside of Yea Forums are chill
twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=steve banjo&src=typd

They were missing X-men cause of Fox not cooperating but they got them back now

Attached: Marvel-Ultimate-Alliance-3.jpg (800x436, 63K)

>Wanting disney to strong-arm nintendo
This is why its a problem

it's the only one we have.

Attached: banjo corrected.jpg (1672x980, 659K)

Cuphead creators said they would like to see Cuphead in Smash or something like that. It's basically saying they're not in, but the creators want them in

You’re actually stupid, cause GBA and N64 are two generations and 10 years away from Zoomers first console, fucking idiot. Most Zoomers have never even played Banjo nor Golden Sun.

The only reasons Cuphead had any speculative momentum were being a knee-jerk "OMG game just got a confirmed release on Switch, he's a shoe-in" reaction, indiecels still feeling entitled to a rep for their category of gaming, and contrarians trying to prop Cuphead up as the potential MS rep instead of Steve or Banjo.

>nevermind joker's whole shtick of his invitation having been stolen
what kind of excuse is that? His game isn't on a Nintendo console, and neither is Kingdom Hearts 3. There have been several KH games on and formerly exclusive to Nintendo consoles in the past, though.

Its because of Ike Perlmutter you idiots

Close, you’re missing Monster Hunter.

Attached: 9B5003F5-C24F-4B3A-B251-CE3AA62E5B24.jpg (2361x1314, 1.63M)

Golden Sun was released in 2001, user. Zoomers definitely played it. Do you even know what a zoomer is?

>what kind of excuse is that?
nintendo's excuse for including him

Attached: 1535250667051.gif (256x256, 6K)

Sora can be added

>Steve
>Master Chief
>Doom
I'll never understand you retards

Zoomer is Minecraft generation. GS is not Minecraft generation.

the series creator doesn't believe the monster hunter should be in crossovers which is specifically why sakurai put rathalos into the game instead. I don't know why people expect it in when we have rathalos.

so they couldn't make something similar for Sora, why?

I do and I think its because FF7 was fucked because there's no one large authority for the game and its representation outside of the Squeenix execs whereas I think KH has a better chance because of how much sway Nomura has over the characters

Kingdom Hearts is gay as fuck.

Zoomer is gen z, retard. It isn't the minecraft generation.

Disney isnt gonna do shit, I dont know why people think they would buy out Nintendo or something insane over Smash

what about MvC:I?
MH was in that

Square enix has no say

Smash has really reached the point where it's scraping the bottom of the barrel, huh? Almost none of these characters would have been considered good inclusions 5 years ago.

Unrelated but Simon was such a fucking good character pick

he's a dumbass meme pick but faggots will use the "muh piranha plant" argument to justify him

that was done expressly against the creators wishes, he was pissed off about it. sakurai wouldn't do that, it's not how he works.

Ironically, Piranha Plant works against BWD. The only reason PP was added was because he was an oddball non-protagonist character. BWD doesn't have that at all.

Damn. that's pretty interesting to know. That game was all sorts of fucked, wasn't it

sora's not a thief character

source?

Attached: pb.png (1020x518, 572K)

That kinda just shows how based Ultimate is.
They got all the important people. Now everything else is just extra to essentially create what is a full fledged first party MUGEN game.

And frankly I'm 100% a-okay with that.

BASED Shantae makes it into the TOP 5!

let's be honest Steve and Bandanna Dee aren't getting in the Fighter Pass, the last four are Sora, Banjo&Kazooie, Shantae and Geno cause Microsoft isnt getting TWO reps.

This is accurate although the absence of Shovel Knight is interesting, he was kind of the pioneer of "ballot brigading" at the time. Guess everyone's kinda forgotten since King Knight update has taken so long

The could get creative like Hades from Hercules making an invitation for Sora in Smash just like how Hades created an Entry Pass for Sora in the coliseum tournaments. And Hades is so good his powers made it legit as not even Phil could tell it wasn't the real thing. Bonus if Kid Icarus Hades shows up.

Sora's whole game is about traveling and crossing over to unique and different worlds
Your excuse sounds weak. Sora should worry more about Square and Disney's ownership, and how much of a hassle it might be to negotiate with them

Are you stupid? Or did you somehow miss all the official renders from 20 years ago + the fanart renders that have infinitely more SOUL to them.

Attached: EC837580-EC58-4D38-B2EE-DB73C6581DDD.jpg (376x504, 51K)

6. is alright I guess. Honestly surprised waddle dee bros pulled through. Good for them. Banjo should've been top tho desu.

Attached: 1555197091226.jpg (1200x980, 106K)

>Your excuse sounds weak. Sora should worry more about Square and Disney's ownership, and how much of a hassle it might be to negotiate with them
that was my point in the first place that sora's unlikely because of the legal red-tape involved (nevermind getting disney of all things involved), joker's left-field and almost totally irrelevant to nintendo but purposely so because of his character

What horrible taste.

Zoomers are 1998 at the earliest. 2000 being the average. 1-3 year olds were not playing Golden Sun you infinite retard. And they certainly didn’t play Banjo-Kazooie as they weren’t even alive when the game came out no matter how much you stretch the definition of Gen Z.

Wii was the first console for Zoomers.

A Belmont was one of my 3 big never-evers that I've wanted for years, and I'm glad they went with the OG Belmont and did his design perfect justice, and Richter was just a perfect extra surprise. But that whole August Direct was easily the height of the excitement for Smash Ultimate; it not only had exciting characters that were long overdue for Smash (plus Chrom for the Japs because they have literally no taste), but it showed off gameplay features that suggested their finger actually being on the pulse of the fanbase.

And then the November Direct. What a tragic shitshow of a followup that was. There are a couple little things that make me think that Kencineroar and Belmonts may have originally meant to be revealed in reverse (Kencineroar in August and Belmonts in November); man that really would've cushioned the blow of what a Holocaust the non-fighter-reveal portions were in November.

They had a no assist rule

Nope.

this, you can almost smell the voters in this pic

Zoomers are 1995 at the earliest. Shit, they're interchangeable with the youngest millennials.

Reminder that only band kids want
>Sora
>Shantae
>Rex
>Jotaro

Attached: B647BB4F-7B62-4B43-B18F-E9314A603A57.jpg (462x629, 26K)

>people can't visit more than one site

Retard.

>let's be honest Steve and Bandanna Dee aren't getting in the Fighter Pass
Why would shantae have a better chance than Steve, or why would She have better chances than Bandana dee if spirits don’t deconfirm

Yea Forums isn't that popular, bruh
and as far as I know, the falseflagger Stevefags don't have a presence in Leddit

Banjo and a DQ character are the only ones who legit feel like they’re missing from a completed roster, due to the significance of their respective series.

With Banjo and Erdrick in, there’s literally no one else that would really feel missing, maybe Monster Hunter and Ryi Hyabusa, but that’s it.

After this DLC it really will be the Ultimate roster. It’ll be impossible to top.

Fuckking hate being associated with Deefags who just spam the same cringe ass memes of him every day. I just want a spear fighter, not association with twitter pedophiles

Attached: 356B06F4-3BEC-4A00-8688-E3A1DDC65805.jpg (316x316, 19K)

So where does Doomguy go since he doesn't fit either of those categories

there's still doomguy, who had multiple nintendo console releases at his prime and is only held back by being a western franchise.

Bandanna Dee can't really bring in any new spirits and he's bland Steve is blander to an nth degree and has no music to bring worthwhile...also I hate him.

No, they’re fucking not you absolute imbecile. Being alive for 911 is what defines Millenials. Being around before the internet went mainstream, before Smart phones. The general concensus is that Zoomers were born at the turn of the Millennium. Which is why Y is dubbed Millenials, our generation ended in Jan 1 2000.

>Bull-dyke Captain Marvel who, in the comics, went around imprisoning innocent people for crimes they "might do at some point in a possible future", and straight-up murdered Iron Man while she was at it.
So who else here is going to make sure that she gets killed off in the first level/area?

Attached: Dci0ik3WsAAmi2B.jpg (590x574, 64K)

>tfw you want literally none of those faggots

Attached: comfy.jpg (600x600, 42K)

so much shit taste crammed into one list
it's actually impressive
>indie shit
>Steve and Chief over Doomguy
>a Sonic character that isn't Knuckles or Eggman
>2B, Dante and Monster Hunter because those characters don't crossover into 20 games a year as is
I think Doomguy is the only character I want in Smash that is on that list. Banjo and Porky would be tolerable too

Too violent for Smash, would be a much better fit for like Mortal Kombat.

>Sora
>Steve
>Shantae
>Tails
Only zoomers voted on this thing?

>X-men who?
But muh functions...

>Being alive for 911 is what defines Millenials.
t. Zoomer trying to push back what defines gen z so that he can claim to be a boomer

I dont believe a Square character is getting in, they will never address what went wrong with Cloud but
>Nomura and Amanos art didnt even get in as spirits
>somehow people think Toriyama is a possibility for Dragon Quest
>Square is retarded with music licensing
>Japanese voice only cause ???
Like Yeah Sakurai likes Kingdom Hearts and DQ but I dont see him fucking with Square again when their main franchise was scuffed, and Brave could just be Yuri who's from another series he likes and is owned by Namco

>a spear fighter that's smaller and has short range
but why

>Sora
>Edgy or Emo in any way
Retarded wh*toid

Who you really want is Kain
>Final Fantasy rep for the "medieval" games rather than Cloud's magitek/contemporary games like VI and XIII
>spearfighter and actually big enough to make the spear's length matter
>dragoons are totally unique to final fantasy in terms of "jumping spearfighter with dragon motif"

Attached: 1545297519017.jpg (1000x1000, 98K)

>Movie theater has a Switch commercial before previews
>MK8 makes specific mention about Isabelle and Inklings
>Smash talks about all stars while showing Cloud, Mega Man, and Ryu
>Highlights that Joker from Persona 5 is in the game
Was a weird feeling seeing this in a movie theater.

Lets settle this
strawpoll.me/17943556

is that black luster soldier?

>somehow people think Toriyama is a possibility for Dragon Quest
I know Sugiyama is an asshat who can be reasoned with to a degree but what's wrong with Toriyama?
Also, Nintendo chose the DLC

I feel like there are enough Kirby characters that aren’t spirits to make up another spirit board, they could probably even have his spirit board could be based on different waddle dees and doos, and I don’t think steve is too bland for smash, and Steve could bring some calming tunes

look at fucking grandpa here wanting nothing but old ass shit in this.

Did you get Sora confused with another MC or something?

retro doom guy using 2d sprites for his content would work fine

>spear
Javelins

Attached: Arthur.jpg (300x354, 21K)

There's none. People are simply going off of stuff from a MvC3 interview and a comment by Reuben Langdon about Dante's looks in Infinite to claim that.

He wasn't even in the top 15 the last time they did this poll last year. The Banjo vs Steve arguments have unironically memed him into having more popularity for Smash.

The Smash roster should favor non-Yea Forums choices. Prove me wrong.

Dixie Kong

There are no K64 spirits. You know what that means, right?
Yep, you know it.

Attached: 1549161247973.jpg (800x888, 68K)

Are we really this strapped for characters at this point? Why the hell did Sakurai make all the good characters assist trophies in favor of these losers? What kind of retard wants Sora of all people?

Attached: yikes.jpg (240x240, 33K)

We're not strapped, people just have really, REALLY, shit taste

>Doomguy that low
>no Souls rep
>people are still asking for Shantea, Dee and Geno
>Rayman is only requested because of that one leak from asian Don King

I think the rumor shit is what propelled it
Stevefags outside Yea Forums are unironic and plentiful

>t. Zoomer stevefaggot teying to meme people into believing Banjo fans are Zoomers
I was born in 1990 you fucking autist. Gen Z at its earliest definitions starts in 1997/1998 which is where the overlap with late Millenials happens.

20th is very good for a boomer pick who gained support relatively recently. Now that more Touhou games are coming over to the Switch, I'm confident that she'll be a strong contender for at least Smash 6, if not for DLC.

Attached: 1418000253521.jpg (1000x1000, 169K)

Man, I too miss my edgy yeen years.

>I was born in 1990 you fucking autist.
Sure you were, my sweet summer child.

No contest.

Attached: smashroster.png (1392x3472, 3.37M)

>the worst people of all don't realize they have the worst taste of ALL.

>Shante
>Elma/KOS-MOS/Pyra/Adult Esmeralda (any of the four)
>Kumatora
>Terra Branford
>Female Loto
You're welcome.

Attached: dqiii___sexy_loto_by_brellom_d84g0va-350t.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ (391x350, 26K)

Do we even know ZUN's stance on this?

>jojofag having shit taste
Ah yes, of course.

Attached: 1550588741897.png (652x500, 148K)

Zoomers have notoriously awful taste due to bandwagoning and having no personal identity. Roster should cater to boomers, zoomers still have future games to decide what they truly want outside of flavor of the year nonsense.

Real talk, is there any chance of Leon or any RE character making it in?

Attached: Leon.png (598x474, 378K)

Based Sora

Attached: key_cute.png (327x364, 134K)

Sucks she couldn't make the actual picture

That would be terrible. And still have blood.

capcom is almost certainly getting a new character (so they can release the missing mii costumes at the same time). i wouldnt rule out leon.

This is you

Attached: old-man-in-wheelchair.jpg (975x800, 93K)

She could have, but the creator is a faggot and cut it off at 17 specifically to exclude her.

>Sora
>Edgy emo
Uhhh, wrong character dude...

Attached: 1557109333657.gif (400x480, 204K)

>only three first-parties
Gross.

Attached: 538.png (200x186, 77K)

A Capcom rep is almost a sure bet
Its either him or Phoenix

This.

Attached: everysmashrosterthread.png (160x290, 104K)

Better than yours faggot

Zoom zoom baby boy. Zoom zoom.

Very slim. I still see MH as the defacto Capcom pick. Hell, even something like ProtoMan would happen before Leon. And in the context of RE, Nemesis feels like he’d get in before Leon.

Disney owns all original Kingdom Hearts characters.
Bandana Dee, Shantae, Geno, Rex, Rayman and Tails are all Spirits.
2B and Dante most likely wouldn’t get in due to censorship.
The Knight and Porky are too unimportant. (And technically Porky is related to a Spirit already in the game.)
The only realistic ones are Crash, Phoenix Wright, Chief and Monster Hunter. And this is coming from someone who wants Banjo.

Attached: 88073D1C-E7B2-487F-86F9-1BA91A12C181.jpg (1024x1024, 123K)

Speaking of Capcom Mii Costumes
I expect
Chun-Li, Guile, M Bison, and Sakura (just for the uniform) to get one

It's cozy knowing there are still Genobros holding out for our puppet boy to return

Attached: 1551895483234.png (650x650, 77K)

But I'm 27 years old and prefer Steve to cartoon bear.

>rayman still barely in the top ten
1-800-CANT-WAKE-UP

Attached: 1536421507474.jpg (572x541, 56K)

what the fuck are you talking about retard these have all been begged for inclusions since fuckin brawl

The fact that all three of those first parties fucking suck should be more than enough to clue you in on the fact that there’s no more 1st party characters worth adding outside of shill picks no one likes anyway.

>Calls Chief fans 13 year old
>Say Crash is only requested because of the remake
>Says DoomGuy is Based when he’s the new edgelord pick & is only relevant because of Doom 2016

Attached: 5FC1E3C8-A417-442C-B3BC-E07C8438DA1E.jpg (370x378, 26K)

Hey, my boy Monokuma placed 32nd, above fucking Erdrick. That's something.

Banjo is by far the most likely, next to Loto from DQ.

I don’t see how you can claim to want Banjo yet see fucking Crash, and Master Chief who’s been officially deconfirmed as more likely than him.

>jojofag having better anything
Impossible.

Attached: 1549727298518.png (834x654, 431K)

The rosterfags that vote on these hate erdrick. Of course he wouldn't place high. He's like fire emblem to them.

Hell, Spyro is below Monokuma.

Attached: Bear.png (1081x588, 440K)

>Dante most likely wouldn’t get in due to censorship.
I can get why someone would say that about 2B, but Dante doesn't really do anything that could trigger censorship, considering both Bayonetta and Joker made it into Smash with no issue.

>there’s no more 1st party characters worth adding outside of shill picks no one likes anyway
This isn't remotely true.

Attached: 1913217.png (733x660, 754K)

What did you expect? Rosterfags hate Erdrick because it isn't their circlejerk pick like Banjo or Sora.

Is there a reason a danganronpa character is getting this attention? What system are these games even on, anyway?

People still want Geno, Shantae, Rex, and Waddle Dee? What the fuck is wrong with these people?

>Tails made it into the top 20
I approve.

Attached: HNI_0005.jpg (1920x1080, 480K)

>Ugly character who’s been in 2 games

Attached: 8A8CEE29-36CB-4683-9847-C7488D39FB60.jpg (230x252, 24K)

Which is ironic considering Erdrick would unironically make an awesome character, far more interesting that half of their picks, deserves to be on the roster considering the significance of DQ and the impact of DQ3 specifically in gaming, and 3) many of them want Crono who is heavily inspired by Erdrick, down to his moves and abilities.

>And in the context of RE, Nemesis feels like he’d get in before Leon.
Leon just starred in RE2 remake and back in the day RE4 was a big deal for the Gamecube. If any RE character is getting in it's Leon, but i agree the chances of a RE character making it in the first place are very fucking slim.

Who?

Fuck you, I want Banjo, Erdrick, and Monster Hunter. I love Dragon Quest.

I dont know what Toriyama would do, Im just saying Nomura and Amano are THE Final Fantasy artist who work at Square and we got nothing from them so I just assume someone like Toriyama wouldnt happen either

I think Banjo and DQ are the most deserving 3rd party picks, for what that's worth.
Rayman too, but he got spirit-fucked. Poor dude.

>khfag has the worst taste imaginable
Of course. I'm not even surprised.

Attached: yikes.png (500x515, 483K)

>Rayman too, but he got spirit-fucked. Poor dude.
Ubisoft sleeps on him way too hard

Attached: image0.png (288x285, 118K)

>a bitch nigga callin another bitch nigga “a bitch nigga”

Attached: 05E2B97D-EB5A-44C8-A00A-41399C788A79.jpg (679x484, 64K)

JoJo is the pleb filter of shonen

We did however get lower this time, but that could be due to spirit deconfirmation bias. I'm never giving up on the star lad.

Attached: 1548042029606.jpg (320x320, 27K)

I wish Smash Ultimate still did the thing that Smash 4 did with Newcomer posters. If Edrick gets in, I'd love to see how Toriyama would render Nintendo characters.

People have taste.

>Yea Forumsmblr-fag has bad taste
Yikes.

they never released those posters in physical form...I never forgave that.

toriyama is notoriously difficult to work with, its hard to say whether he would give nintendo permission to use his art or not.

>imagine a poster with your most wanted

Attached: 1476982393721.jpg (600x901, 135K)

>toriyama is notoriously difficult to work with
Seriously?
I mean, Fortune Street exists

>Too violent for Smash
We literally have Bayonetta on the roster.

Attached: Bark_Post-SGW-1.png (414x376, 166K)

>Toriyama styled Smash Ultimate poster
I would pay SO MUCH for that. Actually, I might make that myself. Good idea user.

Actually you could get some as rewards back when Club Nintendo was a thing.

Bayonetta is sexual, not brutally violent like Doomguy.

You know its funny how nobody from the last poll actually got in

Attached: 430.jpg (1176x1200, 211K)

>Banjo was the most botted

I want that but with Crono

Attached: 125333243532.jpg (1920x1080, 289K)

Club Nintendo released a few. I remember there being ones for Rosalina, Villager, and Palutena.
Aw shucks, I'm all rosey red. Make sure to put a pokemon in there cause Dragon Quest was a source of inspiration for it! I feel like Ridley would look cool in Toriyama's style too.

PlayStation and PC

Gimme some ideas for the poster. Which characters should be in?

Link and YLink for sure. Zelda, Ganondorf, Erdrick, Cloud.... Charizard, Bowser...

lemme restate
they didnt release the thid party ones, i.e the coolest looking ones with their signature artstyles.

Bayo, Snake and Joker are from M-rated games. There's also Yuri from Fatal Frame as an assist trophy.

I don't think the content would get in the way from Doomguy getting in.

I want Sora, Noctis, and Lightning

So is Shantae and Sora the new Mega Man in terms of third party demand?
If so than that's sad

>Muh Robin clone
Fuck off ignored character who only got some track after the 5chan leaks and that got even beat by a bear from a franchise not even in Nintendo consoles.

Attached: 1556298683465.jpg (580x681, 140K)

I would say Banjo is the new Megaman.

Honestly surprised Scorpion isn't higher

Attached: erTi4RF.jpg (600x417, 40K)

Could you repeat that in English please?

What would Rayman be? The new king of never ever?

Attached: 1556309885535.png (1047x864, 701K)

Banjo fan here, am 19 and love my bear and bird duo to death and have been wanting him in Smash for 13 years now starting from when I was 6 and got into Smash :)

Attached: Banjo.jpg (384x385, 22K)

Not important.

I don't want to flood you with reptillians, but K Rool would probably look good as a big Toriyama Lizard.
Maybe Piranha Plant, since it's a generic mook and it'd fit the kind of RPG monster vibe. Maybe an Inkling in Squid form to sort of give off a sort-of Slime vibe? Incineroar kind of gives off the vibe of a big dumb furry monster to fight.

I think from there you should just choose what you want, if I were you though I'd definitely include Squirtle and Ivysaur in addition to Charizard though. I'm struggling to think of any human characters that'd be a good parallel for any DQ humans.

Attached: 33945725c6dd35fa22f2b758a10d1d9b.jpg (1600x1131, 585K)

The new king of NEVER EVER is Isaac and Geno
Isaac because in a series that keeps on adding anime swordsmen, he's not in and he got revealed as an Assist Trophy in the last direct
Geno because of the Mii Costume and Sakurai comment giving his supporter's hope, also cucked by the Grinch leak

Only the Japanese wants a DQ character. Burger Land just expects Erdrick because of leaks.

They didn't release Little Mac or Greninja's, which I would've been fine with.

>Some of the highest western third parties are fucking indies

>Ugly character
Fuck you.

What are the odds of the 5ch leak simply misinterpreting shit?
Like, Persona 5R coming out in the first half 2019 was misunderstood from Persona 5R being revealed in the first half of 2019

Banjo-Kazooie was the 10th best selling Nintendo 64 game and Banjo-Tooie was the 33rd.

Yeah, I was thinking composition would be kinda like this Main party surrounded by monsters.

Party consisting of:
Erdrick
Zelda
Ike?
Richter?
ROB?

I want a muscly guy in there for sure. Ike seems like he’d fit right into an RPG party, and Richter works cause whips being prominent in DQ. ROB would be a nod to CT. Though, considering DQ3 we only want 3 party members outside of Richter.

Monsters would be:
Bowser
KRool
Jr.
Incineroar
Squidling
And a large Charizard in the BG
Maybe Jigglypuff too
Far in the BG is a castle and a Ganondorf shadow looming over it.

Oh yeah, DK as a monster too.

Art style is also Late Dragonball early Z Toriyama.

Actually... Not really, like, at all
Let's compare the situation with Megaman and Banjo Kazooie.
Megaman was pre-2014 (aka before he got added to Smash 4)
>No new main game after Megaman 10 (which had some good support, but a lot of people also considered it mediocre compared to MM9), outside that Megaman x Street Fighter crossover that was actually done by indie devs
>All his side games were either being cancelled or downright being shelved beforehand
>Inafune was kicked out back then
>Mighty no. 9 looked as the big bright hope for Megaman.
...of course, all of this was before people realized the big issue was actually Inafune, the fucking stupid westernization plan him and Capcom were pushing for, and how plenty of these projects were actually being too shovelware.

Meanwhile, Banjo Kazooie pre-this year has been
>Without a new game since Nuts and Bolts (which was downright despised by everyone, even Microsoft who had to lie about the game)
>Rare downright moved on to more and too different projects after that, including all the Kinect shit, Sea of Thieves and some other weird shit, meanwhile ignoring all their former IPs.
>All the previous staff that made BK then went to do Yooka-Layley, which was also shit, but because they went too hard on being a BK clone
>There's been no news on some new BK stuff outside that new figurine and the Rare Replay collection, which has been "hinted" to come to the Switch, but then.... ????

Erdrick will be a clone of Robin, he has no legit support outside leakfags, and even then the shitposting made him lose to Monokuma AND Spyro.

Attached: 1552537518767.jpg (960x1800, 466K)

>Erdrick will be a clone of Robin
People who think this have never played DQ.

>tfw getting my hopes up for Phoenix
I don't want to set myself up like this

Attached: 1451011401373.png (277x259, 72K)

>Erdrick will be a clone of Robin
What did he mean by this?

I dig it, I can't wait to see Richter and ROB as well.

So soft edges still? Good! Good. Is Edrick chibi or is he adult gohan?

I'm hoping for Phoenix just because he might have a skin similar to Battlers suit

Attached: 1554101139348.jpg (210x240, 9K)

Ok, niggas, because you all keep trying to trick people into thinking Eldritch has some actual moveset potential, tell me exactly what the fuck can he do in DQ3?
Let's say he ends up being like Cloud, in the regard he only gets his moveset from his own game.
What exactly can HE do in that game?

What, nothing?
No answer?
...is the power of wanting legitimate discussion towards moveset discussion the way to kilk Leakfags shitposting about their Eldritch?
Woah...

Attached: 1552443454956.png (191x258, 84K)

Bayonetta has glory kills like chewing, ripping angels apart, all that good stuff. Doomguy is no different

Attached: YCJqX1k.gif (360x203, 925K)

And here I was expecting a Rhythm Heaven character or something else of actual value. Gross.

Attached: wrong.png (565x442, 200K)

And was that translated to Smash 4 outside the FS, which was seriously censored regarding her naked pose and how the summon kills usually the bosses.
So yeah, Doomguy would be so censored it's ridiculous to think someone like Master Chief wouldn't do his role better.

Absolutely disgusting.

Attached: 1547499377623.jpg (700x548, 73K)

>Doomguy would be so censored
I only played the original Doom. I don't see how he'd be censored at all, especially if guns aren't an issue.

Eh, I mean for Chainsaw they can do the corrin route and make it a multi hit and don't show blood.

Kid Goku. Ike is there to fill the more Yamcha role.

I'm glad you've gone this route, I've seen people post that adult looking Erdrick and it never looks as good as the classic kid goku lookalike.

>Shantae fifth

w h y

Because the issue is not then the censoring, but what exactly can be done towards making Doomguy interesting as a character. One of the best things about Doomguy (especially with the 2016 version) is the melee kills. Eliminate that, and you just get a shooter gun character that could easily be done with someone else like someone from Call of Duty or some other FPS character.

Still riding the Porky train. Seems too suspicious that he isn't a spirit (inb4 capsule). Could've been an idea that was scrapped and left open to maybe be DLC later, but the signs are there.

really devoted fanbase
the moment they see a poll, they're gonna rush it

>One of the best things about Doomguy (especially with the 2016 version) is the melee kills.
Then just give him strong melee attacks? Gore isn't needed at all since most people care about Doomguy punching and chainsawing shit.

OG Dragonball is patrician taste.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 3.64M)

He could end up being a DLC Mii Costume.
Or he becomes something like P.Plant, as in being a separate DLC character not related to the Fighter's Pass.
Don't all FPS character have been recently able to punch really hard as some sort of thing they can do as well?
Like, I know Halo, Gears of War, Battlefield and others do that.

Just melee kill without body parts and blood spilling out duh.

Attached: no_saving_me_from_this_hell-1.png (376x329, 161K)

Horseshit. She's more important than half the current roster.

This isn’t edited, Banjo was originally 1

you got a platform I can follow so I can find your work later

chagoxchago.artstation.com
manlyspirit.tumblr.com
insta: @manlyspirit

I’ll probably upload the finished version some time around E3

Shut the fuck up incel. Kiddy Kong is in.

Attached: Kiddy_Kong_art.png (1045x956, 796K)

The only person at SE Disney or Nintendo would have to ask is Nomura as he gets final say on the franchise. It's a good thing that Nomura and Sakurai respect each other's work and have expressed interest in working together again after Cloud got in.

>shitposting memers actually chose Steve because of a Bullshit E3 2018 rumor whose popularity never existed before then

There’s a difference between genuinely wanting Minecraft content and actually shitposting Steve.

You guys are the biggest shitstains in existence

>sora
>dante
>hat goomba
>2b
yikes

Delusional.

about as important as Kiddy Kong

Ok, dude, tell us who the fuck you want that hasn't been Spirit'd yet or actually liked by more than 500 people, then you will be correctly judged in your shittaste

Well, you've got a follower in me. Can't wait to see it and the rest of your work.

Attached: dandy.jpg (480x484, 23K)

Smash community has trash taste. big surprise

twitter.com/123CaptainSteve/status/1119791898091245569

That series of tweets only prove his point. Everyone is replying with “not JUST.”

It’s all a big meme.

Sora is literally owned by Disney so if they let him in I'm sure he will have spirits and music

Just wanna put out there that Zelda looks absolutely phenomenal in Toriyama’s art style and is a huge part of why I wanted to do this.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.94M)

It's over Raybros, we are forgotten.

Attached: Harry what.png (256x317, 140K)

Nobody said anything about buying out Nintendo you retard. Disney owns Sora. They have say.

>They have say.
And they usually let Nomura decide shit. Disney is likely going to be really passive since Square Enix can handle it.

How come these unofficial polls are never correct?
They were 100% wrong on the top voted characters from Smash Wii U/3DS

I'm so glad that faggot Sora has no chance of making it in.

Attached: 1528021592585.jpg (473x587, 57K)

I'm still thinking the whole Capsule spirit situation was some kind of joke by Sakurai, in that he can't be a spirit because he's still inside the capsule.

I'd love to be wrong though.

Attached: the king.jpg (374x600, 108K)

Have fun when he does end up in. I don't get why people think he's SO impossible.
>m- muh Disney

You can't make an argument illegitimate just by going "m- muh".

Sora will never EVER make it into Smash

Attached: 1403375465309.jpg (324x291, 28K)

People think Disney is going to demand every other character be cut or some shit for Sora to get in. I really don't understand where this anger at him heing owned by Disney comes from for so many people.

What issue would Disney cause when they use Sora for crossovers all the time within Square Enix?
Not to mention Thanos and more recently the entire Avengers Endgame thing in Fortnite.
How about Wreck-It Ralph in Sega All Stars Racing?

Sakurai would never add him because half his property is based on a bunch of movies, and that goes against the concept of Smash as a celebration of video games.

I can say this with absolute certainty because Sakurai has never been shy about his priorities when it comes to Smash representation, and the only way Sora would qualify is if you basically butcher his implementation, which would never happen.

Attached: gg.gif (268x278, 844K)

>Sakurai would never add him because half his property is based on a bunch of movies
then just focus on the other half that isn't based on movies

I love when people try to claim they know the inner workings of some man who lives across the fucking globe's mind based on a few interviews and twitter posts.

Why the fuck would he do that when he could do LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE

It violates literally the only rule of Smash. You might as well beg for Goku some more because there's a lot of DBZ games.

Sora is a video game character, Goku is not. Nice to know I'm arguing with someone who doesn't know what he's talking about.

I don't expect a Square Enix character after what they did to Cloud, I just don't know what happened there
But I can see Sora coming with some FF content in terms of spirits however I don't believe they gutted Cloud again for some undecided DLC pick, anyway Sakurai is a fan of the series so its in the realm of possibility but Square does not want to cooperate it seems

Attached: 1550174794909.jpg (725x675, 78K)

Its no different than the sorafags clamoring to say the he hid a kingdom hearts reference in the final ultimate direct and bring up interviews with him and nomura acting buddy buddy as a confirmation of the character. Everyone who speculates about this game is a flaming autist.

Because it's Nintendo picking the characters and Sakurai can only veto their character selection if he doesn't think he could turn them into a fighter. And the Disney shit in KH just tends to be filler while all the KH original characters is what the plot focuses on.

Fan polls held after December 2015 mean fuck all. Sakurai and his team got all their data by then and already finalized the roster. The DLC was also chosen by Fall 2018. There's no way any fan polls played any part of this development cycle.

>muh celebration of video games!
Niggers like you should be culled from the gene pool.

Nobody is clamoring for shit or even brings it up, sounds like normal speculation autist trying to cling to another chair theory or ""leak"" and people do that shit for every person he interacts with that has worked on a game

>and non realizable fighters have been omitted
Considering we don't know what their criteria for non realizable is, this is pretty untrustworthy

You're delusional. Half the shitty games can't be represented because they involve DISNEY MOVIE properties, so why the fuck would anyone bother when there's a hundred thousand perfectly good game characters without those issues that could be included instead?

He'll never make it in, and thank god that's the case because we have enough critically autistic fanbases latched on as it is.

Attached: jc.jpg (243x280, 7K)

Cope faggot

Attached: 1535257534013.jpg (381x353, 39K)

Does ZUN know ZUN's stance? Can he even stand? I think you need to stand to have a stance.

Attached: siiiip.jpg (500x667, 85K)

Don't use the Disney shit then. KH has a bunch if OCs

Attached: 1547396997305.jpg (900x782, 76K)

>Half the shitty games can't be represented because they involve DISNEY MOVIE properties
then why not us the KH original properties?

Disney owns everything in KH except for the characters from FF.

Attached: 1536530429726.png (1280x1280, 432K)

And? There's no reason for Disney to not be ok with putting Sora in Smash and Nintendo not using any Disney movie properties.

>fan poll
lmao
yeah I'm sure hat goomba will get in, retards

Attached: 1536597777530.png (1280x1280, 373K)

Kingdom Hearts is fucking stupid

Actually, there is. Disney are notoriously cunts to work with. Couple that with the fact that Japs can’t into English, and it’s just not happening.
>but fortnite
Western company

I'd bet anything that none of these shit characters will make it
Smashfags have horrid taste

This doesn't apply for the Fighter's Pass but it will apply to Smash 6

B-but no one likes Steve! He isn't part of our circlejerk! NOOOOOOOO WHY IS HE FOURTH

Attached: 112224.jpg (620x647, 114K)

Didn't HMK interview some Disney head of Japan during a KH event and he said he'd be cool with Sora in Smash?

>Couple that with the fact that Japs can’t into English, and it’s just not happening.
This isn't even an argument.

>Dante that low
It's shit

Attached: 1556947492314.jpg (294x294, 19K)

What about a Palico?

Companies like Disney are fucking insane to deal with, and Disney is probably the most insane of them all. My guess is that it would take months or years of negotiations to make it happen, and Nintendo would have to pay out the ass. It's likely not even worth Nintendo's time to engage with Disney's lawyers over it.
That person doesn't matter.

Alright, lets make some predictions
Next time this shit happens who's dropping out of favor?
I don't see support for The Knight lasting
Hat Goomba and Shantae's canvases are ravenous to top shit
Stevefags are a thing now so don't expect them to go away considering Banjofags have fucked up horribly by making them look good in comparison outside of Yea Forums

Idk what you’re talking about. Post a source.

It literally is. Language barrier is a huge issue. I live in Japan. Japs won’t take the first step out of embarrassment, so unless Disney takes the first step into negotiations, it’s not happening.

>Companies like Disney are fucking insane to deal with, and Disney is probably the most insane of them all.
post evidence then

That’s because you’re just a plain old faggot. There is literally nothing unique about “Steve.” He’s not even a character. He has no unique moves. He swings items like shovels and swords for building brown bricks. You can’t make a character off of this shit.

Star Wars franchise in vidya. MvC:I shitshow.

>Language barrier is a huge issue.
It really isn't since translators exist and Nintendo of America also exists.

wow another meaningless fan poll with flavor of the month requests

MvCI

Got one for geno?

...Please be gentle.

>Square-Enix were complete cunts about doing anything but the bare minimum for Cloud in Smash Ultimate
>Fucking Disney owns the other half of Kingdom Hearts

Yeah I'm sure they're really working hard to add in Sora.

Attached: bwaaaka.jpg (500x281, 26K)

Reminder that there are 4 KH games on Nintendo consoles.

Doomguy is a really shit choice for Smash.

Get a load of this retard

Japs won’t take the first step, I’m telling you now. They’re not gonna go through the extra trouble to negotiate for an extra difficult character, with language barriers, with a notoriously cultish company, when there are over 100 other characters who’d be easier to get.

that's less Disney and more Marvel having a grudge against X-men and shit at the time
they even tried to phase X-men out in the comics but it was ridiculously unpopular

youtube.com/watch?v=CV76QegRezE

I hate Sora, Shantae and Rex and don't give a shit about the rest

Attached: 1540867900393.gif (350x198, 1.96M)

Not an argument, sweetheart.

I didn't make these by the way

Attached: 1536852936420.png (1280x1280, 506K)

He’s not wrong though.

No, it’s been thoroughly documented that it was Disney. Capcom has dealt with Marvel before, but the lack of Xmen, the ugly art style, and the forced MCU stuff over legacy picks are 100% Disney.

Are you sure it wasn't Ike Perlmutter's petty grudge on FOX?
Cause you have no idea how petty Ike Perlmutter is

>No, it’s been thoroughly documented that it was Disney.
Proof? Because Yea Forums has showed me that it was Marvel's fault for wanting to erase X-Men and even Spiderman stuff from Marvel properties.

>Infinite Dante render.
Smashfags, FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGHH

>this is the face of Sorafags
Yeah, didn’t even make it 10secs. Holy cringe my man.

Attached: F5B49624-D227-4C54-A7F7-FB0918F0F438.jpg (750x637, 366K)

Attached: 1536852838696.png (1280x1280, 509K)

>Travis, Crash, and Leon in the top tier
Absolutely fucking based. Those are my exact top 3 as well

>Japs won’t take the first step, I’m telling you now.
Sakurai took the first step in contacting the Shovel Knight guys to use their character as an assist trophy. Same thing for Shantae and her spirits. This is a non-issue. Hell, Sakurai doesn't even need to contact Disney first. Sakurai just needs to contact Nomura to get the ball rolling, since Disney usually lets Nomura handle all the KH stuff.

All the videos discussing the fall pf MvC:I cite Disney involvement.

They're also using Smashified art

Attached: 1555365967891.jpg (200x200, 29K)

>Calls Piranha Plant “my son.”
>Constantly loud as hell.
>Says “Get Hype.”
>Outro music is louder than he is.

post them then
and post the sources those videos got their info from

Just let it go user, it’s not happening. Erdrick has already been leaked and datamined.

Attached: img.png (733x929, 32K)

that doesn't mean shit

Attached: 1469423425939-1.jpg (637x469, 49K)

I honestly don’t feel like it, cause I genuinely don’t care enough. But start with MaxD00d and move on from there.

I know Sora aint happening for other reasons, so I’ll just let the events speak for themselves.

What other reasons?

Attached: D71EFC2D-59CB-419E-A3D9-6A0841AF3FF9.jpg (678x452, 72K)

I don't think Sora is going to make it in. I just don't think your arguments make sense, all things considered. Sakurai himself loves foreign games so there's no "Japanese pride" stopping him from contacting western people. And Sakurai uses translators all the time and there's probably a lot of people in Nintendo that can help him with that.

Oh right her

Attached: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg (850x850, 227K)

>That Steve vs Banjo&Kazooie battle in the background
Fucking nice

Kingdoms Hearts is cringy gay fanfiction and doesn’t deserve to be in Smash.

I watched MaxD00d's video about it but I don't remember him talking too much about Disney.

Honestly, I wouldn't expect people who only play video games to know about the comic-side of Marvel since that's where the X-Men erasure first started. It's easy to blame Disney when you don't know the type of people who are running Marvel to the ground.

Nah, most are the same as those apparent Stevefans. Yea Forums does a number on one's perception of people.

>Shantae
When will this meme fucking die already?

>vs
What kind of pleb doesn’t want both?

This

At this point, I honestly hope neither get in and they both lose hope

No one really ever bothered explaining the situation. Even capeshit fags thought they cut the X-Men intentionally to make profit through DLC even though it should be clear for them that the game was affected by Perlmutter's hate boner.

Ok faggot. You forgot your shitty Steve render.

Frankly, I think these results were all voted by fuckheads![/spoiler

Attached: Fuckhead.jpg (300x168, 14K)

Perlmutter is a jackass.

Smash is the most cringey series with the most notorious autistic fan base so its a perfect fit honestly

I doubt Sakurai even knows what the fuck Minecraft even is

Attached: really.jpg (222x223, 17K)

No he knows.

gonintendo.com/stories/302660-sakurai-details-his-experience-of-playing-minecraft-on-the-switch

Sora, Rayman, Crash and Dante would be dope. We're getting pretty close to scraping the barrel desu my nigga.

Based, and his spot was stolen by the naughty boy Joker

Attached: 1533525666456.jpg (1280x720, 611K)

It's literally one of his favorite game

>non-realizable fighters
every time.
Also they didn't allow AT fighters but spirits and mii costumes are fine?

Attached: Bowser.png (544x566, 394K)

I like how they left out "non-realizable" fighters despite the tetrimino getting 75th place

Attached: chief.jpg (400x453, 25K)

>got the 2 I wanted
>just want Heavy and Dixie Kong

it will never happen but fuck it

Attached: 1552122817536.gif (284x301, 1.49M)

maybe non-realizible means Goku and shit like that

Attached: firstthepokemonthenstevefurryswanttoRuinsmash.jpg (620x684, 97K)

Considering Gaben is okay with Gordon Freeman in Smash (look it up), he'd be cool with Heavy

I don't know but why is Adeleine?

Attached: Ge6lpAS.png (200x200, 16K)

I'd love a pokemon-trainer-esque trio from TF2

Who made these retarded images?

adeleine, porky and sylux have no spirits or references at all. you could MAYBE argue the capsule spirit for porky but its the sprite where the capsule is empty. if we get any 1st party reps at all (probably not), it will be one of them.

>but its the sprite where the capsule is empty
its sprite is where the capsule is moving in battle, not when it's empty

Disney owns the OCs too, idiot.

Bandana Dee has more of a chance than Doomguy by sole virtue of being first party.

But Disney is more likely to just let SE handle the KH original shit. They trust Nomura.

>being first party.
That's actually a big disadvantage.

They've never said that the DLC fighters are only going to be third party.
In fact it would make absolutely no sense since Nintendo picked them themselves.

Kirby 64 has no spirits at all, so Adeleine still works with spirit board speculation, since Joker's spirits are only from Persona 5. There's still no Kirby 64 stage either and hardly any music. I don't think we're getting any Kirby fighters though, especially as DLC, but if we did Ado would be a good bet.

Attached: 1519499685966.png (256x207, 59K)

Sakurai still had an input on whether the characters on Nintendo's list could be done, which included Joker of all people. Not to mention, there's been only two instances of a Nintendo newcomer being DLC and neither of them had a stage, which makes no sense considering all the stuff you could come up with for Mario and Fire Emblem; if that doesn't suggest he has no interest on making new content for veteran franchises in Smash, then I don't know what it means.

>2B
What's more sad, the fact that this is possible or the fact that people accepted it?

Keep Disney away from Nintendo. They've devoured enough.

The fact that she's very likely.

I don't see the point of Sora without Donald and Goofy but even just those two making a cameo would probably seem like a bigger deal than Sora himself. He'd be a weird entry no matter how you slice it.

obviously a rexfag

or else a gen 8 mon.

I hope the fact that she's already in Soul Calibur will give Sakurai pause, it undermines the shock factor.

>I don't see the point of Sora without Donald and Goofy
user, have you actually played Kingdom Hearts? Donald/Goofy aren't needed for his moveset at all. In fact, up until KH3, they were so completely fucking useless as teammates that the only reason to keep them alive was for Duck Flare cheese strats with Donald in KH2 or MP Gift/Ether cheese strats with Goofy in KH1.

Nintendo has full control over the DLC, and while Sakurai gets to pick from their list he's still contracted by Nintendo. He's not a free agent who can do what he wants. Picking third parties means a lot of paper work and license fees to go through and then sharing the profit with the third party. Then if they want to make an amiibo it's more hurdles to leap through with them. It doesn't make sense from a business standpoint to make ALL of the DLC be third party, if Nintendo keeps some of it first party then they keep all the profit from those sales. Third parties are there to sweeten the deal. Not to mention, Sakurai's said before he wants to keep third parties to a minimum.

>Not to mention, there's been only two instances of a Nintendo newcomer being DLC and neither of them had a stage, which makes no sense considering all the stuff you could come up with for Mario and Fire Emblem; if that doesn't suggest he has no interest on making new content for veteran franchises in Smash, then I don't know what it means.
Corrin was rushed to shill Fates which is why he/she didn't have a stage, that's why. And Piranha Plant was a free bonus character who already fit into almost every existing Mario stage so he didn't need one.

If sora gets in, disney will get in, either as part of his moveset or on his spirit board.

Taro would never let them censor her ass

at least you know that the only 1st party newcomers were a shill pick and a free bonus character.

I've played almost all of them but 3, but I probably would never have picked up 1 without the novelty of playing through so many Disney stories and having those two along with you. Hell due to the circumstances behind the series' conception you can make a fair argument it wouldn't exist otherwise.

Right, which is why I'm expecting at least one shill pick in the DLC. Either a Pokemon, or a Fire Emblem, or something.

Well, yeah, no shit. I'm just saying that the only thing Donald/Goofy would be relevant for in Sora's actual moveset is his Final Smash if it were Trinity Limit or something.
Oh, for sure KH is pretty much "come for the Disney, stay for NOMURA'S WILD RIDE and the gameplay" but I'm just talking in terms of moveset, here.

If this character and the original ones are owned by Disney it already technically counts and theres no need for an actual Disney made character to be present
Don't know about spirits thou since Final Fucking Fantasy doesn't have any

I'm just so fucking tired of the endless, pointless shit threads about Smash newcomers. The game's cast is already so chock-full of good choices that all that are left are scraps so the only people who give a shit have legitimate autism, making the only discussion taking place so obnoxious and vitriolic that it's just draining seeing the same posts day after day. The fact that there's some small group of retards making a concerted effort to troll each other (which could seriously just be the same few people false-flagging to shit up Yea Forums) doesn't help.

Attached: 1502003116640.png (424x284, 22K)

>Picking third parties means a lot of paper work and license fees to go through and then sharing the profit with the third party. Then if they want to make an amiibo it's more hurdles to leap through with them.
And they've done that three times already, four if you wanna count the almost-inevitable Joker amiibo. What's so hard about now that was easier before?

>if Nintendo keeps some of it first party then they keep all the profit from those sales.
And why should them? They didn't hesitate including Ryu, Cloud, Bayo or Joker because of such thing. In fact, I'm pretty sure they're letting them appear because guest characters sell like crazy, which compensates sharing profits.

>Not to mention, Sakurai's said before he wants to keep third parties to a minimum.
And he already does. 11 out of 78 characters isn't really a big amount, and neither would it be if became 15 out of 82.

>Corrin was rushed to shill Fates which is why he/she didn't have a stage,
Yeah right, so rushed that he came at the same month as Bayonetta.

>And Piranha Plant was a free bonus character who already fit into almost every existing Mario stage so he didn't need one.
By that fucking logic, why would any character from a veteran franchise need a stage?

Rent freeeeeeeeee

Then use the filter instead of complaining like an autist

He's pretty much guaranteed if Capcom gets a new rep. Don't listen to the delusional Phoenixfags and MHfags.

Attached: 1556750254288.png (1413x757, 143K)

>if Nintendo keeps some of it first party then they keep all the profit from those sales
Nintendo has never used Smash to advertise its products. Smash Bros doesn't push sales.

>Nintendo has never used Smash to advertise its products. Smash Bros doesn't push sales.

Attached: luke.jpg (850x312, 28K)

>If you want this character you must hate this character
this is why people hate rosterfags. I want RE and phoenix wright, fuck you.

Based rexfag

He's not wrong. It's not like Smash got Fire Emblem to sell or anything. Every FE game did just as well as usual until Awakening, which was an early 3DS game with a lot of marketing and was already a hit before the Lucina/Robin reveal.

No, you're just a massive retard. I bet you think Incineroar was added to push sales for Gen 7's games or some stupid shit. I bet you think that Fire Emblem got a big sales boost from Smash representation too when that's the opposite of the truth.

Nintendo treats Smash as its own thing and they're usually content with letting Sakurai handle things.

Phoenix Wright CAN'T be in Smash since he's not a video game character. He's actually from a series of visual novels, not video games.

The reception to Roy/Marth in melee is literally why we got Fire Emblem in the west in the first place

Attached: 1541876693694.jpg (600x450, 37K)

Profitshame

seething

Source?

>R.O.B.

Are you sure it didn't have to do with IS bringing its other IPs to the west as well? IS released Advance Wars (previously a Japan only series) in NA first before Japan. And this happened in 2001. Why the fuck wouldn't Fire Emblem have been next after the success of Advance Wars?

And remember, that Nintendo was ready to pull the plug on localizing the series because every game until Awakening sold like shit in the west.

>first the "trinity of never evers"
>now this piece of shit
K. Rool and Ridley are too based to be associated with modern discord/roster faggotry

Nah, if my complaining annoys you then good, fuck you. Anyone who still gives a shit about Smash newcomers is a sperg who needs to get a life.

>He's not wrong.
He is wrong.
>Nintendo has never used Smash to advertise its products.
Is an invalid statement. Roy was added before his game was ever released to promote his game
Whether or not it was successful is irrelevant.
He was added to advertise the game.
Ike was there to advertise his games. Robin was there for Awakening. Lucario was there to advertise Gen 4. Greninja was there to advertise Gen 6. Link's appearance was updated every game to reflect the most recent game.

Now as for
>Smash Bros doesn't push sales.
Literally no one would give a shit about Earthbound if it wasn't for Smash.
Almost no one knew what Xenoblade was when Shulk was revealed.
This is also an invalid statement.

A controller for Gyromite a video game.

>Almost no one knew what Xenoblade was when Shulk was revealed.
There is so much wrong with this statement.

Xenoblade Chronicles was the most successful title from Operation Rainfall, to say that no one knew it existed before Smash is such an understatement.

It sold about 700k in the west which is almost no one compared to the big names of Smash. Vastly fewer people knew who Shulk was than those who didn't.
Compare that to Xenoblade 2 which sold nearly double Xenoblade 1's sales.

You're a delusional Smashfag that thinks Smash is the center of the universe. Reality check: it's just another video game. It isn't special.

>if it's an animal it's Kellogs!
Is this the freshest new maymay from the minds of the shitters?

>Compare that to Xenoblade 2 which sold nearly double Xenoblade 1's sales.
That had nothing to do with Smash, otherwise, X would've been among the most successful Wii U titles.

>Roy was added before his game was ever released to promote his game
>He was added to advertise the game.
Sakurai went to IS for Marth stuff, saw Roy and thought he was an easy to add clone. Nobody pushed Roy on Sakurai.
>Ike was there to advertise his games. Robin was there for Awakening. Lucario was there to advertise Gen 4. Greninja was there to advertise Gen 6. Link's appearance was updated every game to reflect the most recent game.
You are confusing Sakurai looking at recently released or upcoming games for newcomers as Nintendo trying to use Smash to advertise. That's retarded. If Sakurai sees a new character and thinks they would be a cool addition, is that really Nintendo trying to use Smash for advertising? It isn't.
>Literally no one would give a shit about Earthbound if it wasn't for Smash.
>Almost no one knew what Xenoblade was when Shulk was revealed.
And Earthbound didn't benefit at all from. Smash and the Xenoblade Wii U didn't do well either even if Shulk made it into Smash. And Fire Emblem was on the verge of getting canned thanks to its low sales until Awakening came along and Awakening's success isn't related to Smash at all. Smash doesn't push sales.

fucking retard

Bitter recencyfags that are angry people think Incineroar looks like Tony the Tiger.

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-02-01-super-smash-bros-ultimate-is-the-fastest-selling-home-console-game-in-nintendos-history

Attached: 1424215787506.png (546x459, 11K)

t. salty rosterfag

Xenoblade X came out after the Wii U was already on its death knell, nothing could've saved it then.

Says the retard partaking in rosterfag discussion.

that's wrong because Splatoon did well on the Wii U and both games were out in 2015

I'm just here to argue and to make sure nobody spreads any misinformation. And to make fun of rosterfags.

who's your top DLC pick?

Many games sell. Many games sell a lot better than Smash. Smash is just another video game. It isn't special. Stop pretending it's a political platform for game characters you autistic retard.

That makes you yourself a rosterfag. Dumb rosterfag. Go play a video game or discuss gameplay instead if you don't want to be a rosterfag.

Rex, Ashley, Bandana Waddle Dee and Minecrat Steve.

>And Earthbound didn't benefit at all from.
Earthbound Beginnings happened entirely because of Earthbound's continuing popularity, which I assure you wouldn't be a thing without Smash.

I'm ok with any character as long as they're fun to play. Joker was a treat. So was Piranha Plant. If I had to answer the question, I'd say Doomguy. But only because my friend wants him in and he'd be happy about it.

you can't be a rosterfag if you don't care about the final roster, bruh