Since they are on sale which dead rising games are worth playing?

since they are on sale which dead rising games are worth playing?
DR 2 or off the record?
do you think capcom will reboot the series since they are on a roll with monster hunter/re/dmc lately?

Attached: dakhd2f-dafe0aea-043c-4af7-92ea-d276cdc452d3.jpg (2560x1440, 307K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T5rPfqjfmrc
steamcommunity.com/app/427190/discussions/0/1651043320661637198/
steamcommunity.com/app/45770/discussions/0/343786746002621060/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1 > 2 > 3 but all 3 are worth playing.

2 > OTR

DR1 is arguably the best overall
DR2 made a lot of improvements, plus it has co-op, which is pretty nice
Off The Record is just 2 starring Frank West, if you missed him that much during 2
DR3 was dull and I couldn't finish it
DR4 is abject garbage and a clear indication that the series should have stopped after 3

1 2 and off the record are fun. Still don't understand how they never topped the first one.

Dead Rising 1 is objectively the best game in the series. 2 has it's flaws but is still pretty damn good (especially in coop), as is OTR.
The other games don't exist, and you shouldn't trust anyone who says otherwise.

DR1 is the best
DR2 is almost as good as 1 and arguably more fun overall but not as good from a technical standpoint or in terms of atmosphere
DR3 is a fun zombie musuo with light crafting but not as good as 1 or 2
DR4 is a shitstain

2 is better than 1. Zombrex timer isn't enough to ruin the quality of life improvements, weapon crafting and improved animations.

1 good but kinda janky and unpolished and can be a bit tedious as well as the obvious limitations of the time
want to get 2 but what's the deal with off the record? it's the same game just with frank and dlc included? should I get that rather than regular 2?

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL...

Attached: Deadrisingwikia6.jpg (576x324, 118K)

Listen to me, everyone in this thread is going to tell you that 1 is the best, and there's a good reason for that. But if you want to know, if you could only pick one of those games to play, and you wanted the game you picked to be the most fun, the most enjoyable experience for you, PLAY OFF THE RECORD!! I cannot stress that enough, DR2 OTR is the one you should pick.

Attached: 6d74f5b9c5579ab7c40e9f231cd7264b.png (500x668, 212K)

fuck these guys when you just start and don't know about the secret guns

off the record sucks

IT'S THE BIIIG SHOOOW

YEAH IT'S THE BIG BAD SHOW TO-NIGHT

So that means you think 2 sucks as well, which means you could only be a DR1 fag, in which case your opinion is invalid, and we can move on.

no, 2 is best. OTR just sucks.

The best guys

Hmm... not sure if...

...hmmm

Attached: 1496970822878.jpg (499x500, 21K)

OTR makes 2 worse.

Off the record.
Assuming you have money to spare, it's still a direct improvement to 2. 2 has a few reasons to play it (canon story being a primary one) but OTR is better in every way, similar to Gravity Rush 1 to 2.
DR1 is kino, though. But get OTR if you're only getting one game.

They already tried to reboot it with 4 by giving it to a western company, it was awful and now the series is dead in typical capcom fashion
rip lost planet

also play OTR and 1

>Here's your Frank West, bro

Attached: dead-rising-4-selfie-nom.jpg (1600x908, 290K)

>processing
>....processing
>...........processing
>ERROR
>does not compute

Attached: DootDoot.gif (320x180, 1.77M)

Yeah you could go with off the record instead of 2. It's basically the same thing but with a few things changed around and some extra content. Think like scholar of the first sin for DS2

>They already tried to reboot it with 4 by giving it to a western company
the same western company developed every game after 1, they just had progressively less oversight from real capcom

1, 2, off the record. Only get 3 if you're terribly curious, but I'd advise against it. 4 is a fucking abomination.

2 and 3 were western as well. 2 just turned out alright because the original jap team was helping and supervising.

>not muh frank!
pathetic

The roll makes the ps4 version literally unplayable. The menu says that flicking the stick twice in the same direction makes it work, when in reality you just need to move the stick quickly once. You can keep walking up and then turn around normally and roll. Fuck rolling in 1

>they just had progressively less oversight from real capcom

That's hard to argue as being a bad thing when being micromanaged by Capcom as a western dev results in such abominations as the Bionic Commando, Dark Void and DmC reboots.

Did they ever fix the problem on the pc ver of OTR where it couldn't recognize you had a controller plugged in?

The entire endgame in 2 (or at least OTR) sucks ass and the psychopaths are bad compared to 1
Still fun game but 1 is much better overall

Off the Record has a different map and is less entry level, due to the money collecting part.

1 has more heart put into it but 2 is a perfectly good game, with OTR just being a better version of 2.

Fuck you it's a shit game and no one likes it except nintentards

But DR1 was on 360 only for nearly a decade.

>Nintendards like Dead Rising

Someone help, I need an adult.

¿que?

DR1 was on Wii as well.

He's covered wars, you know.

Yeah but that was a wierd version of the game that barely anyone played by comparison.

What platform are you playing on? I'm going to go ahead and guess PC.

DR1 is great and is an excellent port. My favorite in the series.
DR2 is pretty solid, although I still think DR2: Off The Record was better. Both are very good ports.
DR3 is a shit port but still fun. I've only spent two hours in the game due to the awful performance.
DR4 is hot diarrhea that was probably made in a year. It's easily the worst entry in the franchise and has Denuvo to top off the shit sandwich.

If you knew anything about that Wii version, you wouldn't be saying DR1 is also available for the Wii....

It worked for me but I was launching it via Big Picture. The main issue I had was when I played it over Steam Link a few months ago I had to boot the game with my controller plugged in to the main PC, and then unplug it from the PC and plug it back into the Steam Link. This is the only game that acts like that.

That was Chop Till You Drop, and it was a shit port of a good game. Might as well argue that Oblivion was only liked by mobilefags because it was also on phones at the time.

IIRC the problem was something that happened when it moved from GFWL to Steam.

3 was a good game but it tonally was too different from the games that came before it which made it feel like it wasn't even a Dead Rising game. That being said, Super Ultra Dead Rising 3' Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX + α was pretty fun.

Was this the best thing Inafune was responsible for

Considering unlike Megaman, Dead Rising was actually his creation and passion project, yes.

It was also the first game Ono worked on when joining the company.

I didn't say it was bad but I do think it basically falls apart by the end. Stuff like the gas buffed zombies grabbing and spitting on you constantly, the mercenaries in wide open areas shooting at you, the really bad final boss (before overtime) and overtime itself feeling really tacked on soured my experience though I did still like it as a whole.

It was also the first game to use Capcom's MT Framework engine, which runs on pure sorcery and optimizes on fucking anything.

RE4?

>Still don't understand how they never topped the first one.
They de-emphasised the cases and time limits. It's the core of the game.

Fun with Zombies by itself will get old really fast. Dead Rising shines because it put you under pressure to find creative ways to wade through them. Exploring the stores and experimenting with different strategies is immediately rewarded at all stages of play. But only because there is a need to do so.

The later games kept the time system, but their heart wasn't in it. The sequels became a game about slashing up zombie hordes, not wading through them. The player is rarely under pressure, rarely motivated to experiment, jut pick up the nearby powertool and begin blending bodies. It gets old.

With the cases, you had reason and motivation to press on instead of sticking around to get bored. The multiple, multiple endings gave the game incredible replayability. As did the achievements, with DR remaining one of THE best examples of how to do achievements right. I'm sure some focus group/play test commitee would disagree with 80% of the game's mechanics were it to come out now, but those were what made it fun.

Attached: timelimits.jpg (300x168, 11K)

Nope. RE4 ran off a pre-MT Framework engine that Capcom has never officially given a name to. God Hand, PN03, Haunting Ground, and Dead Rising Wii also use this same engine. RE4 HD however runs on MT Framework.

>MT Framework Engine

It really is amazing, isn't it. I'm sure everyone here has heard about it, but if you're interested in this and you haven't seen CrowbCat's video on YouTube, I recommend it.

1, 2 and OTR are all worth playing. 2 and OTR are sort’ve mutually exclusive, since OTR is a remix of the second game.

OTR Cases are moved around, along with item spawns, and photography is reintroduced. It’s a little buggier than 2 and Frank is a bit less likeable than Chuck or how he was in the original. He’s still cool, but you can see elements of his vile DR4 persona starting to peak through.

Everyone loves the first game. It’s fun to piss around and it’s fun to challenge yourself with gimmick runs like 7 day survivor, a saint run from level 1, etc. I’ve easily put 200 hours into it, but be warned: the sandbox gameplay is extremely fucking shallow. If you buy the game hoping to ignore the main story and just piss around in the mall throwing garbage at zombies, you will get bored very quickly.

2 improves on the first game in almost every way. Money is a neat secondary resource and I appreciate the idea of zombrex giving the player another plate to spin as they route themselves through the game. Combo weapons sort of spoil the “everything is a weapon” appeal of the first game because they’re head and shoulders better. The survivors are also much better at taking care of themselves. Environments all have more stuff to play with, instead of just having some store racks to spin, plates to shoot and frying pans to put on stoves. Despite being the all-around better game than 1, I actually like it less. Its case schedule is easier to manage and survivors aren’t fucking braindead mongoloids. These make the game much less frustrating, but a big part of the first game’s appeal to hardcore fans was the executional challenge of running 8 survivors with deathwishes around. 1 sort of made you wrestle your fun from it, and 2 onwards starts taking it out of focus in favour of emphasizing the shallow sandbox gameplay (with 4 being the obvious extreme).

People give 2 and OTR a lot of shade, but they’re still absolutely worth your time.

That's what the Wii Chop Til You Drop game runs on, the RE4 engine. Same character animations between Leon and Frank and everything.

Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 was really good though.

How long did it take you to realize?

Attached: 20181221194330_1.jpg (1920x1080, 212K)

I don't want to answer that, it's too embarassing.

Use DS4windows if you have a DS4 and you have to use the keyboard to go into the settings and turn on the controller each time you start the game

Only the first one. The sequels are trash, even 2.

Dead Rising remake with the REengine would be the best possible thing that could ever happen.

1 also falls apart at the end, to be fair. Fuck overtime mode and fuck grinding queens.

In fairness there are specific places in the game where you will always find a queen if you know where they are.

You’re absolutely right but fuck running around spamming Disembowel on soldiers for 40 minutes to get them and the key items for Isabella. It’s literally the only part of the first game that isn’t fun to optimize or play.

>which runs on pure sorcery and optimizes on fucking anything

Is that why DD ran at sub-HD resolution and still couldn't manage 30fps?

Being impressed that MT Framework ran DMC4 well is like being impressed a racing game has good graphics. That shit is relatively easy. There's plenty of examples of MT Framework absolutely collapsing, e.g. DD, LP2, RE6, and now they've tossed the engine because as time went on it became more and more useless. It's not the amazing thing you people make it out to be.

i've been putting off getting 5 and 7 day survivor for way too long, motivate me Yea Forums.

The memory of jumping on to the counter and running against the mirror for 5 minutes will never leave me. I was so fucking mad. I broke down and looked it up online....

3 was decent and could of been a lot better if it wasn't rushed to be an xshit one timed exclusive. 4 however is a complete shitshow and was doomed from the start with the inexperienced team and the hack director who did not know what the fuck he was talking about during interviews at e3.

youtube.com/watch?v=T5rPfqjfmrc

>as time went on they tossed the engine

Someone text Todd and tell him there's a post I want him to see.

it's like an hour of prep work and then you can just browse Yea Forums, watch movies, etc. all day, just make sure you check back every 20 minutes and feed him.

@3:06 did that dude fart while he was dying? His close-up mask shots in the beginning are pretty creepy. Nice job.

Whatever you do, skip the first one. I never played worse game than this. Ever.

steamcommunity.com/app/427190/discussions/0/1651043320661637198/

Only the first one I'd say. And if you REALLY need more, then go for OTR. Avoid at all costs the rest.
>Still don't understand how they never topped the first one.
It was made by japs.

Here user, this worked for me: steamcommunity.com/app/45770/discussions/0/343786746002621060/
Make sure to disable steam controller configurations in Big Picture Settings in order to make it work.

Why did Frank never look like this again?

sounds like this retard thought a beginner should be able to beat it in one playthrough.

why don't people realize that this game is only 6 hours long and that losing your progress isn't a big deal?

Dead Rising 2 was made by game developers that had literally only made Baseball games prior. The developers made zero attempt to innovate or improve the series. Literally every step they they took was farther back from what made the game fun and simply tried making it more accessible and shallow. They just didn’t know what they were doing.

It's actually a trip for me to read this, because this is exactly what I heard people say in 2005 or 6 when this game was new. Before smart phones, when household PCs were still relatively new, no information on demand, this is exactly what people were saying. Trippy.

Attached: 3dr4fggfhf56664534.gif (360x203, 801K)

It's 6 hours after about 30 or so of dying repeatedly and starting from zero. It's kinda fun to begin again with a bunch of neat unarmed abilities and such, but that's usually hours on hours of grinding and praying that your levelups give you the things you want.

It doesn’t take that long to level up if you complete scoops and save survivors. A perfect run of saving all survivors and doing the story will pretty much get you to close to max level right off the bat. The game is supposed to be challenging. Yeah it’s not perfect and the save system probably needed some tweaks, but the game is far from impossible.