PLAYSTATION 5

>Ray Tracing
>Solid slate drive
>PS4 BC and possibly more systems
>3D surround audio
>PS+ Premium tier that will give access to private servers, betas, etc
>FromSoftware, Square Enix, Insomniac, Bluepoint, Guerrilla Games, etc confirmed to be creating games exclusively for it
>Cerny confirmed that PlayStation 5 price will be accessible and appealing to gamers
>Stole MS momentum by giving details earlier

pushsquare.com/news/2019/04/reaction_sonys_surprise_ps5_reveal_was_a_stroke_of_genius

Attached: ps5-1.png (480x645, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pushsquare.com/news/2019/04/reaction_sonys_surprise_ps5_reveal_was_a_stroke_of_genius
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just give me another Fat Princess game.

I don't even know what ray tracing is.

Attached: Ray_characterpage[1].png (560x402, 123K)

>Mfw Sony wins every gen

Attached: B5C32162-1166-4D65-AC25-4775E10D46EA.gif (346x261, 1.49M)

>solid slate drive
Most impressive part of the spec desu

Attached: download.jpg (264x191, 7K)

>PS4 pro will suport 4k 60 fps
>Not even 1080p 60fps, just 100 extra dollars for 2 more frames
>GUYS PS5 8K 120FPS HOLY SHIT
Kek, stay deluded sonegro

>backwards compatible

I'll believe it when I see it

There's no reason for it not to be, since it will use the same architecture as the PS4, only with beefed up specs.

I would actually buy one if bc with PS4 and maybe some other systems.

>I don’t own a pro but I’m going to shit on it as if I do.

That much is obvious.

I'll believe it when they release it

PS4 compatibility is confirmed.

>raytracing
dynamic 4k and 30fps confirmed

>Of course, I do think there will be more to this story, and that leaves plenty for the manufacturer to reveal at a more glamorous showcase event. The controller – such an important part of any platform – is likely to be revised, with speculative rumours ranging from an on-board touchscreen to a built-in camera for more accurate motion detecting. What will be the PS5’s cloud streaming story? How will its operating system function? And what games will it launch alongside?
>a built-in camera for more accurate motion detecting.
Why are they detecting our motion? Why do people spend money on devices that obviously spy on them?

it was always going to be 30fps....devs always choose longer view distance, more geometry, better lighting, better shadows, over 60fps

>sony won with 599 US dollars
lolno

Don't forget anti-gravity, faster-than-light travel and free energy! The PS5 can even cure cancer!

>playing anything less than 90fps with everything at max

the absolute state of consolefags

>you now know AMD fucked up Navi and PS5 which was meant to release in 2019 will now release in 2020
>you now know Sony pulled out of E3 because they literally didn't have anything to show because they were supposed to show the PS5
>further evidence being they pulled out of E3 as soon as leaks confirmed Navi had massive problems and had to be pushed back
>AMD also had to cancel their original CES plans and show off a shitty Vega 7 instead despite everyone expecting Navi which lead to the famous "Navi no-show"
>you now realize AMD fucking up and preventing Sony from releasing a year earlier gives Microsoft a huge chance in starting next gen off against Sony with an equal playing field

>ray tracing
>2080ti is barely about to handle it without being choked
I can't wait to play ps5 games at an upscaled 4k at 20fps

Y'all falling for these everytime. Lmao

I bought a new gaming rig last year and it will probably run shit better than the snoystation 5.

BC is easy to do when both consoles use the same architecture

Will it have Bloodborne 2?

It's not impressive at all, actually. It's completely suspicious. Notice they didn't say how big it was, or for what purpose. It is probably some 64gb SSD that is only for the OS and locked down so games can't be installed it to it. I would suck your dick if it's anything more than 128gb, which is basically useless these days.

Do you have a cell phone?

Why is backwards compatibility a question mark.
Every computer is basically the same?

>You forgot that XBONG2 will be based on near identical hardware to Gaystation5

Just give me a Demon's Souls remaster with the missing arch stone and Bloodborne at 60 fps and I'm good.

It will never be as fun as the first one.

Xbox will be using Zen 2 retard. Next gen killed itself before it even started.

>backwards compatible with PS4

That means no more remasters

Zen 2 = zen 3000 series
Zen 2 isn't even out yet it's going into production at the end of this year for desktop PCs.

599 U.S. DOLLARS

still no fucking games

Solid state is a lot cheaper than it used to be. I'd be surprised if it was only 128GB.

Will its library also consist of multiplats better played elsewhere and cinematic "masterpieces" that everyone forgets about not even a week post release due to the marketing campaign settling down?

Yes because it's not 2005 anymore.
I mean people buy smart speakers, smart TVs, that new Facebook camera, Google Stadia, etc.

Hoping it's backwards compatible with PS3 and PS2 as well as PS4. I was planning to get a PS3 since I have a few games I want to play for it that haven't been put on the PS4 but I've been putting it off in favor of newer games

how will they make raytracing actually good without tanking the fps? beefed out rigs can barely even do it.

HDDs are a goddamn plague upon consoles - there is a reason why GTA V's traffic all feels the same speed when going fast, the game straight up cannot stream data fast enough to load the world around the player.

256GB minimum. SSDs are cheap nowadays.

>Bloodborne 2
>Spiderman 2
Fuck, Sony's winning already.

>>Ray Tracing
pointless meme to sell you trash
>>Solid slate drive
welcome to 2010 basement dwelling cuck
>>PS4 BC and possibly more systems
bullshit possible, only ps4 remasters you buy from the store like a good fucking goyim
D surround audio
it has audio, epic simply wow
>>PS+ Premium tier that will give access to private servers, betas, etc
usual garbage, see current PS Plus autism
>>FromSoftware, Square Enix, Insomniac, Bluepoint, Guerrilla Games, etc confirmed to be creating games exclusively for it
name one from each
>>Cerny confirmed that PlayStation 5 price will be accessible and appealing to gamers
Cerny also confirmed he sucked on penises while he designed ps4 design
>>Stole MS momentum by giving details earlier
spotted the shill

>pushsquare.com/news/2019/04/reaction_sonys_surprise_ps5_reveal_was_a_stroke_of_genius
kill yourself

Reminder that FF7 will be PS5 exclusive

Zen is an arch name, not the name of a product.
Zen2 based Ryzen and EPYC skus are already well into volume production.

I bet it'll be a SATA SSD and not NVMe SSD, which is even faster. Fail again.

>8 core Ryzen 2 but without 16 threads from what it seems so far
>GPU might not even be better than a Vega 56
>The "ultra fast SSD" is just AMD storemi, hardly anything faster than what PC's have
>3D audio is just AMD TrueAudio which has been a thing since GCN 2.0 in 2013
I suggest you tone down your expectations. It's gonna be decent, but nothing like what marketing shills would have you believe.

>holiday season 2020
>bloodborne 2 is the launch title
Next gen is gonna be a slaughter

Attached: 1528154033907.png (1522x854, 310K)

PS5 launches Bloodborne 2: Borne in Blood
FF7 remake finally releases
4k HDR remasters of existing games
Xbox XXX exclusive titles getting canceled
Nintendo has nothing relevant and sticks to its own little niche along with lower resolution laggy ports that came out 3 years ago

Welcome to mainstream gaming for the next 8 years.

>Bloodborne 2 a launch
Name a single good Sony console launch game

Attached: 1445891815439.jpg (800x437, 96K)

Don't care.
What year is this?
>implying it won't just be like the PS4's "backwards compatibility"
What fucking year is this?
Gay.
As if any of those are a surprise.
Sure they will.
What momentum?

Bullshit. Open up any given website selling pre-built PCs and count how many have 256gb SSDs and how many have 512+. 90% will be 256gb. That's the PC standard. PC. Not console.

The amount of space required for a PC OS vs. console OS is huge and Sony could trim $30 per console by using a smaller SSD since that extra space would just be going to waste. There is NO point in allowing games to be installed to the OS drive in a console that is only 256gb because it would only hold, like, 4 games. That would lead to juggling games. Lots of uninstalling/installing again and again back and forth between the SSD and HDD. Specifically the type of thing that console people bitch about PCs for - the tedium of installs and configuring.

64gb. OS only. YOU will have to supply the 1+tb USB drive on the side at your own expense. This is a tried and true business model that we've seen used on 6 consoles so far. It's a standard at this point.

You didnd't really think Sony was gonna give a 1tb SSD and 3tb HDD on the side out of the goodness of their heart, did you?

Fantavision

>samefagging
>getting nervous already
shouldn't have put all your eggs in the nintendo basket

God, you are so deluded. And the actual specs aren't even out yet. Neither is the competition's. Stop shitting the bed like some fucking 9 year old on Christmas Eve. You're probably getting a sack of coal.

>being this mad
lmao grow up, kid.

The biggest thing I think console users miss these days is it's all x86 components shoved into a horrible heat death form factor. We will get access to their stuff and not have to worry about paying a premium for crippled hardware.

good luck u installed cyberpunk 2077 and its full already.

lol at console cucks

Snoyims continued delusion is both sad and entertaining.

the example cerny gives with spiderman was showing that the game was using the ssd

but i do think some partition solution is in use (meaning only active applications and the os are making use of the ssd)

having an ssd just as storage is extremely inefficient for a console

get fucked dumb snoy

Attached: dumbsnoy.png (320x97, 5K)

>having obsessive brand loyalty whilst also claiming capitalism has failed us

Attached: 1545847323761.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

You guys are in for a serious wake-up call when you realize what ISN'T said and stop focusing on what is. For example:
>Ryzen
Eh? What Ryzen? You realize they don't mean PC-versions, right? Laptop version, maybe? Or possibly even tablet? There's physics involved in watt consumption and cooling capacity that won't allow a console to use desktop-grade components. This goes for the entire mainboard, CPU, and GPU. All are below laptop-tier. Just because they have the name 'Ryzen' doesn't mean they're the ones on Egghead and Amazon.

Notice how Sony didn't say the actual specifications, only the name. Same for everything else on that last. This is pure marketing. You're being snowed. Hope you have a winter coat.

Yikes

Attached: stupid console warrior.png (478x221, 10K)

It's a hybrid SSD. Not a true SSD. It stores frequently used files in a tiny solid-state sector while 90% of the files go on a mechanical disk. It's not a true SSD. Google it.

>an on-board touchscreen
Dumber than the pointless LED light bar. Nobody looks at the controller while playing, why force that?

This gimmick really felt clunky on the Wii U. It was jarring to look back and forth at the controller to the TV. Breaks your flow and immersion.

yeah that is what I was implying, i imagine ssd is not exactly tiny and that partition of the would still he the fastest speeds on the market

>two different nincels cowering in fear at a hypothetical scenario
even better LOL

cerny implied nvme
he could be lying

Man, you guys have a point, but I hope Sony surprises us and put the sweet 256gb SSD.

>I was just pretending to be retarded
cope

Is this all there is to your life? It's pretty pathetic.

Me neither.
Same for 3D audio.
I just want to see what new games come out for it

Attached: 1552765622657.png (256x256, 147K)

MERELY PRETENDING

BC is easy when PS4 has no games

We had this thread yesterday

>a new tendie shows up
that's rich coming from the guys sweating bullets at the PS5 LOL

the PS4 and XBone was supposed to be as well, how did that work out?

You realize that no one actually cares about your console war shit and they are just calling you a "faggot," right?

>lolconsolewars
Maybe it's time to grow up and not get so emotionally tied to your console. Remove your dick from the CD tray. After all, these console companies are the ones fucking you. Not the other way around.

Kek.

>n-n-n-no I don't care
>I'm an i-i-i-i-idort btw
predictable patterns from the bingcels LOL

Not to mention, a screen would drain the dualshock's already terrible battery even more.

PS4 and Xbone aren't powerpc
and xbone has backwards compatibility

no titties, no buy

They were? How?
The PS3 CPU is a custom PPC architecture, and the xbox 360 is a standard PPC design.
The PS4 and XBONE CPUs are both x86_X64, and the GPUs are also standard AMD desktop architectures (Polaris?).
If the PS5 retains the same architecture, and there's no reason they wouldn't being that they will still use a semi-custom CPU and GPU combo, then there's no reason for it to not have backwards compatibility.

Seething ninten drone

>no mention of 60fps
>thinking they can achieve all that without dipping below 30 fps

Attached: cruise.jpg (225x225, 9K)

SSDs will only cut loading times but 10% at most. Mark my post and screen cap this.

My bet is that SSD won't cut down the loading times, they'll just ensure that games will load on SSD as long as they do on regular HDD right now.

- Sony in talks to buy Platinum and Remedy
Captain America, Black Panther, Dr. Strange and Daredevil games
- WipEOut 4
- Visual Arts is working to recreate the original Jak and Daxter titles
- Japan Studio is working on a PSVR Ape Ecsape game.
- Three game contract with Level-5

>Backwards compatibility for a console with no games

>TFW once the ps5 comes out Sony will have officially had more horrible consoles than good ones

yea the psx and ps2 were such both a disaster

Will PS5 eliminate physical media altogether?

The ps1 and ps2 were sony's good consoles. The psp too.

I hope so so GameStop can burn to the ground.

Didn't the ff7 remake announcement start with "coming first to PlayStation". Kind of implies timed exclusivity.

But will this one have games though?

No

Only console with games is going to be the intellevision amico.

They already confirmed it had a disc drive.

no games, again

So pretty much a decent laptop from like 5 years ago, if you ignore the "arbitrarily locked to our system so youll give us money but would really work on anything if we let it" aspects

Attached: 1556472917895.jpg (525x478, 72K)

Another great gen of Sonydomination

Attached: 1529098079455.png (755x757, 342K)

>Yea Forums - Sad incompetent shilling
Also, reminder that you can post without bumping the thread

Attached: just stop replying ffs when will you learn.jpg (616x783, 164K)

>Series of buzzwords that have nothing to do with making an actual fun videogame

Yep, this is a Sony thread

Unless you like games. But if you like sucking corporate cock it's great. GO LIBERALS

Does ANY board like it when /pol/ shows up? I cant believe fucking /mlp/ was upsurped in annoyance factor

Playstation is the only plattform with good games.

Attached: 1553810537836.png (773x666, 473K)

over-rated tech for lighting and reflections.

Attached: 1534791697_screenshot_(34).jpg (1364x1536, 360K)

What the point? Sony isn't about japanese games anymore.

>ssd
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Xbros are fuming again

question is is it still using sata or did they finally go with an M.2 connection?

>MAKE HIM STOP SMILING
>WHY CAN'T YOU SLAVES EVER DO ANYTHING RIGHT?

Attached: 1554905786318.jpg (1024x662, 86K)