Why is this game so hard?

Why is this game so hard?

Attached: smb2.jpg (259x194, 12K)

Git gud

If you can't handle it, the GBA version places a ton of extra shit and healing across the game.

Because if you remove the artificial difficulty the game is incredibly short.

YEAH WARP MOTHERFUCKER

Well I guess I will give it tomorrow another try, but I will make a 5 minute break after every level.

What screwed me over was that I wanted to get through the game too quickly so ended up wasting unnecessary lives.

Just make a save state at the start of every level

Games back then demanded skill. They weren't designed to be inclusive to everyone for the sake of getting casual dollars. Challenge was considered a perk, not a detraction.

Might as well watch a video of it
kys faggot

>playing a game is the same as watching a video of it

Attached: do you have brain damage.jpg (640x645, 61K)

No hand-holding, no babby mode.

Because cartridges could held only so much data and games could only be so long so they had to be made more difficult, artificially or otherwise, so people wouldn't just breeze through them.

I bet you'd rather watch someone stream the game instead, zoomer

It's not that. I've beaten the original SMB1 with no problems. The controls are kind of fuzzy and not precise.

DEEDEE DEEDEE DEEDEE DEEDEE
DEEDEE DEE DEE
DOOBYDEEDOO DOOBYDOO
DOOBYDEEDOO DOOBYDOO
DOO DOOBYDEEDOO
DOO DOOBYDEEDOO
DOOBYDEE DOO
DEEDEE DOO DEE DOO

Really enjoy this game. Always fun to travel these different locales.

I always thought it was the easiest and most fair Mario though? Then again I'm a filthy peach spammer

can't wait till you boomers are dead and then us zoomers start to really run this joint. fortnite nostalgia threads and an official eceleb board can't come soon enough. die boomer bastard

It's a different game, after all. In more ways than one

Attached: index.jpg (212x237, 22K)

I still find it incredible how Nintendo got away with completely ripping off a game, all they did was replace the main character sprites

DEE DEE DEEE DEE, DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI, DIDIDIDIDDIIDIDIDIDIDIDIDI

They made the original version though, it was the same team behind Mario. SMB2 was basically Doki Doki deluxe remastered edition.

They ripped off their own game, though. And besides, Doki Doki's characters were licensed and would not have been able to fly in the west. They would have had to replace them anyway, might as well be Mario characters since the game was already so Mario-like to begin with. It made sense.

It's not mario-like at all. It has a totally different feeling to it. Not a bad feeling, but definitely different. Mario is faster-paced and more fluid

I wouldn't say 'at all', for 1987 standards it definitely had a lot in common with a Mario game. But it definitely plays a lot differently, yeah. That's not necessarily a bad thing though and was pretty standard practice that the sequel would play and look differently than the original.

Bing bing wahoo