Tfw we're probably getting a new Metal Gear announcement at E3 this year

>tfw we're probably getting a new Metal Gear announcement at E3 this year.

Fucking please Konami, just give me more MGSV gameplay. Don't try to be clever with some awful zombie survival bullshit. Just make a remake of Metal Gear 1 that simply follows the general story loosely and let me play more MGSV again.

Attached: https _blogs-images.forbes.com_erikkain_files_2015_09_MGSV-afghanistan.jpg (960x540, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UMyoCr2MnpM
youtu.be/GJVxPAiB7as
youtu.be/XMuxpHCEYcI
youtube.com/watch?v=gj-tblkq1sI&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=psf6S0vfFl4
youtu.be/A9JV0EvCkMI
a.uguu.se/t46f5aQlqydx_st84cartoon.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kojima tweeted about a new Death Stranding trailer for this E3 (He's working on it)

The MGSV Red Band E3 trailer is literally the most amazing trailer for anything ever, still gives me goosebumps to this day.

youtube.com/watch?v=UMyoCr2MnpM

Kojima Production and Konami are wholly separated now Caramel.

WORDS THAT KILL

WILL YOU SPEAK THEM TO ME?

Attached: 1550179140060.gif (800x450, 2.59M)

>Cipher sent us to help but we're going even deeper
>Kaz... I'm already a demon

Makes me want to stare into space and smoke my dab pen in the desert every time

Attached: 033.png (510x524, 317K)

Metal Gear Survive was great

Please let Metal Gear die. If they "have" to make another one let it be a remake of the MSX games or another MGR.

literally better than V

Attached: 20190321021816_1.jpg (1920x1080, 222K)

I hope it's new MGR

Attached: 20180217233007_1.jpg (1920x1080, 187K)

STANDING

So what exactly "is" the Fox Engine? I understand that it's just the physics engine and graphics system that the game was created in, like Unreal Engine.

But what is so good about it? Why do people want X game released in the Fox Engine? What does that mean? Is it just about the improved graphics?

Maybe, just maybe, if it had used the mechanics of MGSV a bit more instead of being a boring ass zombie shooter stick simulator with nothing in it.

It's funny, because that's ALL they have to do, and they still fucked it up.

Attached: 1505209461144.gif (235x270, 1.87M)

CAN'T WASH THIS BLOOD OFF OUR HANDS
LET THE WORLD FEAR US ALL
IT'S JUST MEANS TO AN END

Attached: 1521129524422.jpg (1014x753, 85K)

>just give me more MGSV gameplay
>what is Survive

?? it used the exact same mechanics

Attached: ron.jpg (610x597, 88K)

Nice aesthetics, excellent performance, no glaring flaws, no licensing cost involved.

>what is Survive

A shitty skinnerbox grindfest that gets rid of the best aspects of MGSV's gameplay. The only thing that was better was the base-building aspect.

>gets rid of the best aspects of MGSV's gameplay
Such as?

>help

what a nice guy

Metal Gear Survive 2 or we riot!

Attached: 1545371035486.jpg (831x960, 69K)

The guard AI, which is the whole heart and soul of MGSV's gameplay.

Making the enemies brainless zombies you have completely ruined the infiltration aspect. The surivval aspects are also awful and doesn't enchance the gameplay at all, now add even more repeititve mission design than MGSV and you have a game that feels like a fucking chore where you're just completing tasks so that you can complete other tasks faster etc etc. Might as well play a fucking Clicker.

>Making the enemies brainless zombies you have completely ruined the infiltration aspect.
Yeah, I hate TPP as well.

It is best to let it die user. The only way Konami can find salvation is through new orignal IP.
People who think Metal Gear will be good without Kojima, are like the Star Wars fans that monkey pawed more Star Wars without Lucas. Better the devil you know...

>we riot
have fun on your own

fuck that piece of shit, even its developers hated it

what is going on here

Thats not e3 2015 one
youtu.be/GJVxPAiB7as

Sneak peak, guys.

Attached: metal gear e3 teaser.webm (842x480, 2.94M)

It's Chapter 3.
It's the only way for Konami to be lazy fucks that reuse assets yet again but at the same time are still able to please fans

the trailers were unironically more exciting than the actual video game, also they showed like every cutscene before the game even released FFUUUck mgs5 was such a thing

kek

Sony is not having E3 and he said he hopes to show it this month

>It's Chapter 3.

There is no Chapter 3, Kojima said that MGSV ended exactly how he intended it. The whole Chapter 3: PEACE shit is just the nuclear disarmament meta-game bullshit.

>turns out to be a literal Trailer set up near E3, where Kojima hangs out with celebrities and doesn't talk about the game

The storyboard user. I think he meant the twist was how he meant to end it, not that he had no additional story content planned.

i will buy ps5 if the mgs game comes out

Chapter 3 that was deluxe or whatever bonus as video showed half baked cutscenes for new area and there would be more of Eli after he stole metal gear
youtu.be/XMuxpHCEYcI

i hope you don't have to play as a female protag pls god no

MGSV has some of the most impressive enemy AI to ever grace a video game.

The open-ended nature of the game means that they have to have an insane amount of reactions to different possible outcomes. It's not like a game like FEAR where the AI only has to navigate pretty simplistic geometry and react to limited player options.

I don't even care about story. Just make a map pack with some real level design and I'm sold.

>MGSV has some of the most impressive enemy AI to ever grace a video game.
Not even as impressive as earlier games. Not to mention hivemind alerts

>blueprint remakes guys
>Shadow Moses
>it can't be!
Survive
Pachinko

MG2 remake in the Fox Engine with expanded story to tie up loose ends. Along with side quest and MG:Online as well as a Forge-esque type thing where you can build your own outpost and try to infiltrate it. You can submit your outpost online and people can play them.

My ps3 is literally metal gear station

It's fun to watch these trailers again, but so disappointing at the same time because the game itself was such a let down, and I didn't even get hyped over them.

mgs3 was better the enemies would stay in cover shoot then go around if you blew up the enemies ration storage or the ammo storage they would not have ammo and would charge you with a knife or if they were hungry they would make stomok rumbling noise

mgsv was kinda shit compared to the other games it's still good and fun but it's not on mgs 3 level

>Not even as impressive as earlier games. Not to mention hivemind alerts

The old games were way more linear and had way less variables to play with. And the game has no "hivemind" alerts. Once you get spotted the guard yells HOSTILE and you get an AoE of alert that affects guards within the nearby area. The guards actually have to call in via radio if they want outside camps to know about you. Which makes total sense.

>base building
>muh open world
>endless "rescue the prisoner. handle the generic general" missions
MGSV's story was bad, but it wasn't even the worst thing in that game.

HAHAHA

>tfw kojima planned for mgsv to be disappointing so we could all experience the phantom pain together

Attached: guys.jpg (761x563, 60K)

It's going to be a phone game.

>endless "rescue the prisoner. handle the generic general" missions

That's because the game is designed around player freedom. The reason why the game has poor "variety" is because the missions are designed to be as open-ended and replayable as possible. There's actually very little bottlenecking in MGSV's mission design and it's something you grow to appreciate on repeat playthroughs.

You can however make the argument that the game does a poor job of forcing you to try different playstyles, which is totally fair.

How much of Survive is gated behind online shit or microtransactions?
How much of it is insane grinding?

fuck i wish they took invisibility off of mgo, or better yet, never added it to begin with...i bet the community would have been larger if they did

Attached: 1552076779048.jpg (526x701, 50K)

No one gives a fuck was Hackjima intended, he is cancelled and I am glad he is gone from MGS so he can go and ruin something else. Chapter 3 was memed into existence by true fans.

>50 identical missions
>they're the same because it gives you freedom
They could've easily introduced entirely new mission concepts and new environmental conditions that'd make the player adapt.

It's a multiplayer focused game, so a lot of stuff can only be gotten by playing online. Recipes are RNG, so quite a bit of grinding can be required. Getting resources isn't so hard at least. Microtransactions aren't really an issue, at least not that I found. This is all a moot point, however, as the playerbase is almost certainly dead by now.

>Punished Snake: A Fallen Legend
AHAHAHA YOURE BIG BOSSU
DIDJU RIKE IT!?

Attached: 1541989847228.png (620x400, 81K)

It still hurts like the first day

>How much of it is insane grinding?

A lot.

I wanted to be one of those people who was the contrarian who said "Achtuually Survive is really good", but no; it's actually pretty fucking shit.

Survive has an insane amount of micromanagment compared to MGSV, and the whole game feels like a fucking chore. It's very much "Do boring task" > "Get stuff" >"Do boring tasks quicker" > "Get more stuff". The actual zombie gameplay gets boring very quickly, and almost feels secondary; like it's just a means to an end.

You will only enjoy it if you have a very specific autistic personality that loves grinding and watching the numbers get higher. Actual fun, original content is hidden between massive amounts of padding and busywork.

>How much of Survive is gated behind online shit or microtransactions?

I don't remember the microtransactions being too intrusive on lower levels, but I think you can like pay for insurance and shit to protect your camp, which I guess gets important on higher levels.

The only thing that killed mgo for me was the peer to peer lag. If it ran smooth it'd be great. I genuinely loved the gameplay.
youtube.com/watch?v=gj-tblkq1sI&feature=youtu.be

B A S E D

>Consolefags nor PCfags will NEVER EVER get the DEFINITIVE MGS 3 EXPERIENCE
Feels goot to be a PachinkoCHAD.

Attached: 1526286735381.webm (812x720, 2.69M)

Was this actually rendered using the Fox Engine?

If they called it metal gear online: survive would people still have freaked out?

Attached: 20190327024851_1.jpg (1920x1080, 182K)

There's no PvP, so probably.

Play survive.

Attached: Metal Gear Survive 2019.05.05 - 02.52.26.02.DVR.webm (1920x1080, 2.86M)

>microtransactions
Less relevant than in TPP. Everything is pointless stuff. It's like they were told to put microtransactions in and decided to give useless shit no one sane would buy.

>Have to suffer through hours of tedium to occasionally get some cool fan-service stuff

No thanks.

been playing off and on for the past 2 years, its when i got the game...and i honestly didn't get much lag when i was on.

good vid btw

I wish I had a chill friend to grind with. When I go online it feels like 2 things happen. Everyone runs around like a chicken with their heads cut off or everyone except me is an ultra pro like your webm and I cant even get a kill because they murdered everything before I can even look at them.

I don't know why most people are brainlets in this game but there's a few competent players here and there.
The shitty part is that dumb people can literally ruin a run by wasting kuban and resources on shit they don't need.

Not my gameplay, but i bookmarked it and love that vid. Do people play on PS4 still? I had it on PC.

this is more possible than new legit MGS

There doesn't seem to be much reason to render in a game engine for a prerendered cutscene, it doesn't even look like Fox Engine

Caramel, please just fucking stop.
It's over.
Kill yourself already.

BIG FAT CAPTAIN TIDDIES

Attached: 20190412170111_1.jpg (1920x1080, 214K)

its Lightning is still A FUCKING DECADE ahead of other engines
only Decima(seriously) is kinda able to reach such shadow quality
also VERY WELL OPTIMIZED for almost any imaginable setup
so yeah, Kojima managed to make an excellent engine but shit went to hell

>its Lightning is still A FUCKING DECADE ahead of other engines
only Decima(seriously)

RE Engine's lighting is also incredibly good.

>so yeah, Kojima managed to make an excellent engine but shit went to hell
You're aware that most of people that made TPP are still at Konami?>its Lightning is still A FUCKING DECADE ahead of other engines
>only Decima(seriously) is kinda able to reach such shadow quality
STALKER did this a decade ago while running on potatoes.

Attached: 2014-02-20_00010.jpg (1920x1080, 306K)

meh

Attached: 20180317141710_1.jpg (1920x1080, 349K)

>in 81 posts no-one has asked why OP thinks there will be an MGS announcement
Do tell, OP.

Attached: cowboy fren.png (923x713, 16K)

youtube.com/watch?v=psf6S0vfFl4

Not OP, but English Metal Gear cast has been pretty active in recent months. Very recently Donna has been hyping for "secret project" with "kept you waiting, huh?". David and Robin recording sauna tape from Peace Walker and in general Metal Gear actors screwing around. Konami has been hiring for new Metal Gear soon after TPP release and Survive was made by just a small team. Soon we'll be 4 years since TPP release, so it's about time for new Metal Gear.

It'll be a MG1 remake.

Also literally yesterday Hayter took picture with Kiefer.

> The only way Konami can find salvation is through new original IP
That or just not doing any koji pro IP

Attached: castlevania.jpg (1050x1500, 281K)

gross

Let me have a timeline where BiBo wins.

Attached: Big Boss.png (650x806, 1.03M)

A new MGR. I want to be an edge ninja robot slicing shit again.
Also, I eager a new OST.

Daily reminder that the nuclear disarmament scene is not canon.
If Big Boss has a nuke in MG1, why even bother talking about the scene if the world has nukes afterwards?

nice ps3 screenshot

Not all PC's have chad quality cards, dingbat.

>why even bother talking about the scene if the world has nukes afterwards?

Because Kojima is an anti-war hippie. It's just supposed to give players a nice pat on the back.

If you aren't willing to spend hundreds just to get slightly higher quality than current gen graphics, what are you doing?

Oh wow. Maybe something genuinely is happening. I might allow myself to get just a little excited in that case. Is it true that Konami's been going back to their gaming division a bit more lately, after their attempt to move away from it?

this is unironically what happened

I want the missing part of MGSV,ya know when that little shit steals the robot and whatnot...CHAPTER FUCKING 3 GIVE IT TO MEEEEEE

Attached: actioon.gif (500x500, 2.51M)

>That blatently misleading cut of Snake shooting the child soldiers

No one really cares about death stranding besides normies who will eat Kojimas poop

Konami>Kojima

Figured. Kojima assumed that players are conformists to shitty hippie ideals who can't confront reality.
Reminds me, why do people keep making Venom a saint
>"A little training, he'll make himself useful"
>Definitely would have went with raising child soldiers if he had no assistance
>Any kinship he showed outside of Shining Lights was only in a cutscene you can't even get most of the time unless you are stupid enough
>Used, or was involved with actually using a nuke and actively building a real Metal Gear to fire, making him The Evil Big Bad Monster.
>Game even makes Venom sterile due to PARASITES so that it can prove how Big Boss = Big Boss.
>In the end, Big Boss and Big Boss are The Evil Big Bad Monsters.

I thought he was trying to shoot off a lock. If I recall from my fuzzy memory he was actually shooting off the bucket of diamonds.

ON THE EDGE

YONGOUT

Not my screenshot, bruh. I just reposted it because I want to fuck Big Boss.

It is fox engine and you faggot knows nothing about game engines.
Just because the graphics don't look like MGSV doesnt mean it wasnt done on Fox engine

>had all the trailers & gameplay in raw format
>rewatched it almost daily
>play game, get immensely disappointed after rescuing Kaz
>delete it all
>re-watch trailers again, still get hype now
>remember how shit it actually is
>disappointment all over
fuck

Attached: 1437608949477.jpg (442x740, 103K)

>It has rich graphics
>Therefore Fox Engine because KONAMI!
How dumb are you?

fuck MGSV
i just want fucking TACTICAL ESPIONAGE ACTION again
no more running around a shitty open world doing fetch quests
i just want a well designed complex i need to sneak in, avoid guards, fight crazy bosses and avoid traps
thats all i want from a new MGS

Attached: MGS_title.png (631x403, 166K)

You're the dumb faggot saying it isnt

But that takes effort.

Isn't the world nuke free in MG1? BB has the only nuke in existence at that time because he wants it as a deterrent or some shit?

wich is why i dont have high hopes at all for this series
it really should have died after MGS3

Only by MG2.
This is where Big Boss steals all of the nukes from the deposits in the world as he hides them in Zanzibar.

Ah, right.

Why are you disappointed. The game has the same gameplay and story as the trailer. it's all there. Is everyone mad because they didnt get to murder children?

>Isn't the world nuke free in MG1
No, not that I think of, only happened in MG2
IIRC in MG1 the world still has nukes set in place
>because he wants it as a deterrent or some shit?
The nuke was used as an active, hostile terrorist deterrent yes, this would obviously continue on in the sequel

kino

Attached: 1469810816768.webm (960x540, 2.93M)

>shows gameplay, promises much more things than shown
>it actually was all there is to it
Not even gonna mention how much potential MB had or how enemy bases were fucking empty nor the buffer time in an empty desert with nothing ever happening

3>1>2>5>4

Every MGSV trailer was pure kino. In the launch trailer at 2:18 there is such a pure kino shot that wasn't used in the game.

youtu.be/A9JV0EvCkMI

That's trailer editing 101. Your fault for being dumb.

>blasting a full mag just to bust a lock
wew lad, totally make sense

Kaz used the recording of gunfire as "proof" that snek finished the job for the client. He also shot the bucket to make the kids poo their pants and see what was inside, cause hes into that kinda thing.

2>1>5>3>>>>PW>>>Pops

>reveal that sally walks on 2 legs in the trailer
I remember everyone going bananas when they saw it along the magazine leak,also
a.uguu.se/t46f5aQlqydx_st84cartoon.webm
on another note
>crispy boss grinding his teeth while he walks
menacing as fuck

Attached: 1489372873766.jpg (500x584, 49K)

There are people who unironically still don't understand what The Phantom Pain truly means in this game

You think wrong

Attached: Reminder.png (906x173, 38K)

fuck off

>and it's still the coolest metal gear of them all

IQ 89

Attached: 6.jpg (1920x1080, 798K)

>doesn't understand that 2 is the best one
>talks about IQ
Pathetic. 3 really was a mistake, brought in a bunch of retards who think MGS should just be a fun action game

I WANT TO BELIEVE

Attached: rebelvederevengeance.jpg (600x337, 15K)

As a modeler who is currently using FMDL Studio, Kojima had a shitty workflow.
>Big Boss has a camo model in the data
>The scarf model is not just the scarf, it's also the fucking camo plus the scarf
>Because apparently you can't handle hitboxes with external models, hurr
>Bonus, the "camo plus scarf" model is actually from an earlier version of the game
>Proving how each model was updated independently and they don't even bother to track or merge version history properly
Poor consistency, unfinished game.

>t. Doesn't understand the games storylets

Prrrrrrrride feeds their blackened hearts

Mgo2 remake please Konami

The same thing happened with MGO3. Everyone just played it like CoD/Battlefield run and gun tier shit. It was annoying as fuck.

I'm sure no one cares, but even worser
>You need an entirely separate model for your head for each addition (bandana, horn, etc).

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-05 Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain technical information.png (481x770, 27K)

THIS

>Just because the graphics don't look like MGSV doesnt mean it wasnt done on Fox engine

There's literally no evidence it is the Fox Engine either. Could just be any regular 3D animation program.

Is survive fun? I know it's not really a metal gear game but I need more

don’t give me hope user! i can only take so much heart break.

also Kiefer is a better Snake…

I imagine copy pasting a model and then adding something to the model itself is easier than, creating 2 or more models and trying to make them interact with each other without issues such as clipping or some other unforseen bugs. Or extra resource hogs, they had to make it run on weebstation 3 after all. And we have all played pubg or other similar games where you can swap out different clothing on the same model, and we all see how buggy and resource intensive those games are.

>snake turns into domino mask man
What did Kojima mean by this?

Demonic

>Is survive fun? I know it's not really a metal gear game but I need more

Not really no. It's a boring grind where you do repetitive tasks to watch numbers get higher. It's the sort of game where the progression systems is the only thing that keeps you going.

If you thought MGSV felt same'y then Survive is like 3 times worse.

Kek got me

It’s made by the guys who made mgo2.
It’s a bit grindy but its rewarding.
The monster designer also made silent hill monsters.
Judge it for yourself.
Don’t listen to Yea Forums or peeved pablo

That they share a lot of similarities. They're mirror of images of one another in what they fight for, and the past they were robbed of. Most of the game eludes to the fact that Skullface knows that isn't the real Boss, and this fake Boss harbors a lot of anger and resentment.
"You hope hatred might someday replace the pain, but it never does"

The story is pretty metal gear imo. Mysterious gov agencies, mysterious enemies, mysterious environment. Not many bosses. Singleplayer will get you up to 30-40ish hours if you like survival mechanics and the lonely trek through the fog. Multiplayer is very low pop but can be fun for a while. The grind is large and the gameplay is repetitive, but smashing zombies with a giant hammer or broken helicopter blade is pretty damn satisfying for a while.
It wont last you forever though, this thread is making me feel like trying it again.

Attached: Dvp1_FOX4AAOrB0.jpg (2048x1152, 178K)

Its fun but alot of the post game is made for online stuff only, and it's practically abandoned. So not much point in getting it

Oh man can't wait! Honestly a MG game focusing on Frank Jaeger would be the way forward. The Snake story is done and dusted but the MG universe still has a lot to give.

>post game is made for online stuff only, and it's practically abandoned
Fucking hell I hate when games lock their content behind multiplayer shit

>Hayter
18 year old doing suave, youthful Batman impression, probably gets all the girls for attempting to be so kewl. Still somehow sounds like an 18 year old to this day. Great person to talk to.

>Kiefer
Rugged, grizzly hobo with a sophisticated, elegant natural voice for an old man. Suits the middle aged man trying to be tough, even if flat at times. Wins over the men. Ladies too, but to be grizzly is what the man desires. Great person to talk to.
Kiefer and David are both fine, pristine men in their scenarios, when will you two stop arguing about which one is better?

No. You're gonna to play MGO2 on your jailbroken or non-jailbroken PS3 like everyone else and you're going to fucking love it.

Kojima likes them both.
When will you?

Attached: based.png (586x661, 354K)

There’s literally always someone playing in the steam group every day

>Not many bosses.
more than phantom pain

they both have a private army

they were born in a small village

I'm still bummed that MGSV didn't have a snow map.

What's the point of having multiple open worlds if you're only going to have two of them? With three maps (desert/jungle/snow) the game would have had this nice trinity. I remember that awesome feeling of when you go to Africa for the first time in MGSV, it gives you this amazing sense of progress; which the game generally lacks otherwise.

Then you think "Oh man I wonder what the final third area is going to be?" only for it to be "lol back to Afghanistan."

Attached: 11232345435.jpg (667x556, 43K)

The real reason why Chapter 3 doesn't exist is why bother writing a noncanon story for a noncanon path achieved through an ending that is also not canon?
It would also fool players into thinking what the bad ending or the good ending really is. Hint: the good ending is actually the bad ending, there is no peace to be found anywhere and Big Boss continues on with his terror dream.

>not soloing shit yourself
GIT GUD.
Every single mission is so easy to beat unless it's extreme.

Attached: メタルギアソリッド3イベント [LVL69 JAEGER/EXTREME (852x480, 2.94M)

I'd bet 5 internet funbucks youre on PC and just cheated to get the best gear and "solo" those missions. Or you are a weeb God and we are mere mortals, because that shit aint easy and will take 5 years to get the skills/gear/resources to do it.

You can literally solo hard salvage with the basic bitch equipment (green/blue gear) you get after beating LoD.

99.999999999% of humans on the planet can't solo hard even with purple gear.

What the fuck the shagohod is in this game?

hell yeah

Absolute kino trailer.
The sad thing is, the game isn’t what we got. Irony is, is that MGS2 did something similar expect the trailers were meant to subvert our expectations.

Bravo Kojima...took our money hook line n sinker.

Hmm I wonder why these trailers were all so incredible but death stranding trailers aren't

There's also Rex and Ray.
There were plans of bringing in other metal gears but because fanboys gonna fanboy they scrapped those.

Cos you're a bitch-mad Xbro

Because MGSV was supposed to be the missing link that tied everything built up over 30 years together all nicely while Death Stranding is a new IP we have no real emotional investment in

Based frenposter

Given that, the DS trailers have still been pretty great. Obviously not as good as MGSV but I doubt a trailer will ever be that exciting again.

>they scrapped those
since when were the faboys such faggots

Attached: 1533153922745.gif (354x403, 394K)

Kojima just has an ear for music. I'm not sure how he has it.

MGSURVIVE WAS more V gameplay, with the better base management from PW.

memories
I want to give them to you
so you can see
what we left there

Attached: 526400.jpg (1920x1080, 406K)

Fuck off konami shill

Yeah and they had to ruin it with gear treadmill and levels.

Based.
Not everything has to be a competition.