Death End Re;Quest

Was thinking of grabbing this game, is it any good? Kind of in the mood for some weebshit

Attached: Death-End-Request_20181024_04.png (1920x1080, 1.81M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dURuH4MXl4U
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

censored

Didn't hear about any censorship with this one. I heard Dragon Star Varnir had 2 cg scenes censored though. Regardless I don't really care about some minor censorship, just wondering if the game itself is any decent.

Where all the weebs at? Someone must've played this game here

Attached: 1539999922276.jpg (261x244, 11K)

I'm waiting for pc

No, Death End isn't Varnir and DAL will be. Death End isn't.

I feel like Compile Heart has been doing pretty good as of late with games like Death End and Advent Dark Force. Dragon Star Varnir looks promising as well. Their games lack polish and they obviously don't have a massive budget, but they try to be innovative where they can by throwing in some interesting mechanics here and there even if they fall a little flat like the genre switching mechanic in Death End.

>loli
yikes

The battle system is really interesting.
It gives you full field movement on a party members turn, during this movement you can touch Field Bugs to build up your corruption gauge(you take damage as well). You can also line up your character before(and after) deciding on your battle commands. This is because of a mechanic called Knock Back which when activated(through most attacks and Special attacks) sends enemies flying like billiard balls. If you line up your characters properly you can hit more than the targeted enemies as well as send them into Field Bugs damaging them in the process.
The attack system allows you to select any 3 commands(Attack, item, defence, special skills, etc.) with the idea being you create a combo that will give you knockback. You can also, with certain combinations, create new skills mid-battle.
There's a large amount of story though so you will be reading/listening for extended periods of time as one side of the game's two sides you switch between is an adventure/visual novel with choices on top of the already existing VN scenes in the game world side. You can save at any time in VN cutscenes unless you're headed into a death ending so you can't trap yourself in an infinite loop.

This, though personally I feel Knockback/Knockbug was the far better mechanic on offer over genre switching.

Actually it isn't. And yeah it is good. I got the plat. However to get a satisfying ending to the story you need to get all 8 of the main endings.

Shina's not a loli, that's her back in the screenshot. Also
>implying lolis are bad
They immediately sell additional copies simply being in the game

Attached: 1528751200504.jpg (263x263, 15K)

Is it possible to see all 8 endings in 1 playthrough by save scumming?

I wish compile heart games were actually good.
They are literally purely fanservice, nothing else.
How can they be so stupid that in the thousand games they released not a single one was good enough to become popular.

CH is pretty much just a discount nu-GUST
which is a shame, when they actually get competent directors and planning you end up with legitimate decent games like trillion
only happened once though

>trillion
If I get good can I prevent the girls from dying?
How do I get good?

alright incel

you think laterally
trillion is all about abusing the fuck out of skills and passives to absurd levels like if it was a disgaea game
though you're better off suffering, the game is literally meant to play that way
to get the true ending you have to let all the girls except your last one die and get all events with each of them, which means you can't really raise them optimally
so don't ruin it for yourself and make a save with each overlord, but you can't really fuck yourself over that hard to actually get a complete game over even as a brainlet casual

>CH is pretty much just a discount nu-GUST
Lol no, if they were discount nu-Gust then Omega Quintet wouldn't be a better game than Blue Reflection. But last I checked the gameplay in Blue Reflection is pretty fucking terrible, overly easy and just not well made.
ADF, Death End, Castle, Mary Skelter all stand out as decent games. Right alongside Trillion.

The only way to beat Trillion with no deaths at all is on a new game plus with shitloads of carried over exp.

Ever since they absorbed the Disgaea team they've been putting out great likes like Trillion, Death End, Dragon star Varnir and more.

Nice argument, you know I'm right

the gameplay isn't the point in blue reflection
the point of the gameplay is to have a quick mindless 15 minute break between each 2 or so hours of VN where you can look at cute girls doing cute mahou shoujo animations
it's literally a minor portion meant to not even get in the way, unlike OQ
which by the way suffers from all the usual CH cancers: poorly explained mechanics that keep on piling on and bloating the combat endlessly with a shoddy difficulty curve, completely uninteresting and vapid writing, shit tier music and more
i'm not going to say anything more since you're one of those retards that legitimately thinks shit like ADF and mary skelter are anything but kusoge, you're obviously deluded and have no way to objectively judge the quality in inferior products made for brainless moebuta
i'll just say gust at least gets the moe (and the music) part of it right
you can actually do it on your first try abusing some very specific skills and getting optimal stat growths
if you're autistic enough to ruin the fun of the game anyways, there's some guides on it

How is the dungeon in this game? IF'S dungeon always turns me off.

>absorbed the Disgaea team
Man that was a fucking mess. It solidified ZHP2 NEVER EVER.
Damn it NIS, WHY COULDN'T YOU PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES PROPERLY? WHY DID YOU FUCK THEM RAW?

Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force, worth a pirate?

looks like a neptunia game with *new* assets

I appreciate the experimentation going on in those games but none of them feel like a finished concept, and they never iterate on them to make them better in a sequel, so I'm not exactly thrilled about them.

wait wtf I never heard about this
is disgaea dead?

They're not any different in this one, still repetitive

ironically it actually upped the quality in NIS' current output
they went from near bankruptcy to coven, yomawari, liar prince and d5 literally saving the company after shit like d2 put them in the red

Yes

it's still the exact same dungeons and the exact same combat as in ALL their fucking games

I'm having fun with it and I wouldn't say I'm Compile Heart's biggest fan.

It's definitely one of their games, though, so take that as you will. I like the genre mixups and the VN parts, too.

Do the bosses in this game jump from "mash A to win" to "impossible to win without fighting randoms for exp" and back again in this game, or is each fight a nice challenge where you need to use the right strategy?

>poorly explained mechanics that keep on piling on and bloating the combat endlessly with a shoddy difficulty curve
How? What mechanics?
>completely uninteresting and vapid writing
It's just mahou shoujo idol anime story telling. If you don't like that kind of mahou shoujo that's just a you thing.
>shit tier music
They have some pretty great music in their games. If you don't like it because its too aggressive or something, that's a you thing.
>legitimately thinks shit like ADF and mary skelter are anything but kusoge
And now you just have shit taste. Lydie & Suelle was kusoge. You literally just called games with decent gameplay kusoge while excusing one that intentionally treats it like an afterthought as if its ok.
Also if we're going this route. CH don't price gouge their consumers like Gust do. NOWHERE CLOSE to those cancerous DLC practices.

Dragon Star looks neat but I promised to never buy a censored game so RIP. If it's only two CGs I might get it though, I've never really cared about CGs.

During Disgaea D2 development some weird shit happened because NIS was low on money where they pushed the main Disgaea team into a subsidiary company for less pay to get the game done on time, they promised that they'd be paid and afterwards get to come back to their prior higher pay positions. They didn't follow through on their promise so pretty much the entire Disgaea/ZHP team fucked off to two companies, one was CH, the other starts with M but wasn't identifiable enough to determine.
It's why D5 had a shit post game and D1:Refine had 0 QOL additions and was just the base game with HD graphics.

Why can't they make a good dungeon EVER?

Because they have one template they apply to all their games and have a business model based on shitting them out at a breakneck rate to a small audience

It's still the same exact Compa. What do you think?

>It's just mahou shoujo idol anime story telling
blue reflection was about high school depression and still managed to be a pretty decent, well characterized mahou shoujo anime kind of bullshit that played its tropes with heart
OQ is just trite, and that's coming from a non ironic idolfag
>Lydie & Suelle was kusoge
if you had said sophie or shallie I would've felt half inclined to agree, but L&S is unironically a decent game that paces itself properly and knows exactly what it wants to be without cockblocking the player without at least giving them a choice in how to progress
that's good design
you know what isn't good design? making literally 80% of the skill list in a dungeon crawler worthless and the maze design in said dungeon crawler so fucking trash it's filled with nothing but stupid gimmicks that feel unnatural to use, take far too long to activate, don't have any actual variety when it comes to encounters or any smart setup of tiles, doors, keys and teleporters, makes 90% of the treasure you find completely worthless out of straight RNG (and not even the good kind that incentivizes replayablity like, in say, DT2) and honestly I could keep going on but i'll cut myself short and say mary skelter is legitimately an incredibly shitty game designed and made for retards and if you think it's actually decent then you obviously have no basis to discuss the objective quality of products in this particular category
and no, CH don't price gouge their consumers like Gust does (which btw is nothing but cosmetic bullshit nerdy otaku buy to support the games they enjoy, though their practice with party members and events in their last few games before nelke and lulua was unforgivable and rightfully criticized), they just release 4-5 different mediocre and unfinished games per year sharing the same assets and core gameplay mechanics

I like how every single Compile Hearts screams "low budget".
That would also explain why they didnt go bankrupt yet.

>making literally 80% of the skill list in a dungeon crawler worthless
You are aware that you can choose to NOT cheese a game, yes?
>filled with nothing but stupid gimmicks that feel unnatural to use take far too long to activate
Literally how? Which gimmicks specifically? If you're going to say any of the character skills you couldn't be more wrong if you tried since all of them are super responsive. The teleporters are placed in locations that make it easy to navigate the floors and the ones in the Dorm are simple to understand if you aren't retarded. The floor slider puzzles are also easy to get a grip on.
>don't have any actual variety when it comes to encounters or any smart setup of tiles, doors, keys and teleporters
Literally false. Each dungeon however has a set of enemies that can spawn in the dungeon per floor, the actual battles are all randomized as to what will spawn in battle and the field visible enemies are often in place to challenge the player.
>90% of the treasure you find is RNG
it's randomly placed in set positions sure, but the loot itself is hardly an agressive anti-gameplay style like you claim.
>they just release 4-5 different mediocre and unfinished games per year sharing the same assets and core gameplay mechanics
Literally false but since you're so certain
explain your case using last year's releases
>Death End
>MS2
>Varnir
>ArcAlc - I will admit this one is unfinished and it was rightfully torn apart

well people say the new games are better?

youtube.com/watch?v=dURuH4MXl4U
Watch /ourboy/ and decide.

>ArcAlc - I will admit this one is unfinished and it was rightfully torn apart
Disappointing if true. Arc of Alchemist was one of the only CH games to catch my interest.

It's main thing was making a game that used 3d models instead of 2d portraits for its scenes. It's beautiful to look at but its also really short(10ish hours) and rather light on story but it is full voiced. Music is great too but gameplay wise it just feels incomplete. So depends what you want out of the game.

>Watch /ourboy/ and decide.
I've been watching and noticing that he's a fucking retard
>Why isn't this dead MMO full of other players and NPCs and the like, why isn't this clearly dead game alive?
>The plot sounds generic but then goes too many places at once, then compares to Kingdom Hearts
Calling it now, $100 says he didn't get why the kingdom hated Naofumi in the first episode despite all the blatant foreshadowing that was laid around. If you don't understand, it's because you're a retard. Not that the game failed.
Seriously how many times will people say "the plots too simple and predictable" only to follow it up with "I didn't understand this very important plot point" when it was explained crystal clear in the episode, chapter, etc. It always fucking happens. If you claim a plot is predictable you better not then go, I didn't get this thing that was beaten over my head repeatedly.
This fag's running on low IQ.

>You are aware
you are aware the job of a game designer is to design a game as to offer a set of options about as balanced as humanly possible with positives, negatives and situational usage, right? and that a dungeon crawler, being 50% combat, relies on a balance of said mechanics to stay engaging and interesting throughout?
it's not like said 80% of useless skills are actually interesting in usage or offer good, fun alternatives. i ran off meta teams in almost every EO game, DT2 and SOSC just because they offered interesting interactions during combat and the games are designed to accomodate those offbeat playstyles and even reward them in interesting ways
MS has none of that, just a broken combat system
>Literally how?
i was talking mostly about the stupid traversal gimmicks that only serve to slow down exploration and make it an actual chore
my memory is fuzzy since i didn't even beat the game, but I remember having to waggle my vita's stick to retain balance and having to watch unskippable animations for no reason at all
floor slider puzzlers and teleport placement aren't an issue in the way that they're difficult to understand, it's that their implementation for a staple in the genre is so fucking bland and basic they don't spice up the crawling at all
there's no hard stamina and resource management challenges nor are there interesting puzzles that require you to think outside of the box, you're just following obvious routes and filling in tiles in the map brainlessly
there's not even any interesting events within said dungeons or unique lore to give them some sort of personality, and what little you can argue is there is so lacking and meaningless you might as well ignore its existence entirely
>it's randomly placed
what i meant is that the loot in the game is literally worthless

also
>explain your case using last year's releases
>ArcAlc - 4GO
>MS2 - literally MS1 sold to you over again with an even worse story
>Varnir - nepVII with a gimmick
>Death End - nepVII with another gimmick
like i wouldn't even give a shit if they at least built upon their previous skeletons with some actual consistency and improved upon quality
but they don't
they're not even decent VNs, the writing is just as awful as bland as the games themselves

Don't play CH games but this is worth it. Story is great.

Attached: f30383ad3b62661daa8e0474e70f82ff.jpg (900x1204, 340K)

>ArcAlc - 4GO
Nowhere close, you never played it
>MS2 - literally MS1 sold to you over again with an even worse story
>worse story
>adds a lot to the lore behind what the Jail is and about certain key events during the final dungeon
>Varnir - nepVII with a gimmick
You haven't played it, its nothing like VII
>Death End - nepVII with another gimmick
You haven't played it, its nothing like VII
If you're going to make shit up, at least TRY and be factual at the very least

are there any lolis in this game?
i will buy it simply because of that

>you are aware the job of a game designer is to design a game as to offer a set of options about as balanced as humanly possible with positives, negatives and situational usage, right? and that a dungeon crawler, being 50% combat, relies on a balance of said mechanics to stay engaging and interesting throughout?
And you're telling me you never ONCE used a cheese tactic in ANY of the other games you listed?
One thing is broken.
>they aren't interesting to use
How? You need to explain it clearly. How are they not interesting in usage? How they not fun alternatives?
>my memory is fuzzy since i didn't even beat the game, but I remember having to waggle my vita's stick to retain balance and having to watch unskippable animations for no reason at all
Yeah, those were pretty bad, I'll admit.
>floor slider puzzlers and teleport placement aren't an issue in the way that they're difficult to understand, it's that their implementation for a staple in the genre is so fucking bland and basic they don't spice up the crawling at all
>since i didn't even beat the game
So you played the first sections where those come up and not the later ones? The later dungeons improve on this stuff since the game is meant to improve as you go. You didn't even see all the dungeon's mechanics.
>there's not even any interesting events within said dungeons or unique lore to give them some sort of personality, and what little you can argue is there is so lacking and meaningless you might as well ignore its existence entirely
You didn't even finish the game and your spouting off bullshit
>Character events in dungeons
>the fact each dungeon, enemy and boss has ties to specific fairytales and folklore with a horror-style twist.
>Lore all over the place as to what the Jail is as well as the fact that its actually incorrect lore since its written by humans and not the beings behind the Jail so you're on the same wave length as the humans who are trying to guess everything and research the jail.

There's Al(slightly taller than normal lolis but still loli) and Lucil(oppai loli)

Attached: AL.jpg (1024x1280, 171K)

>i-it's totally not nepvii guys!
>y-you can bounce enemies around or fly in the sky during battles!!
really dude
I'd even give you the benefit of doubt with arcalc since you're right, I haven't played it, but from trailers it looked like nothing but another action rpg using 4go as a base
and are you really defending the same fucking game sold to you again just with significantly worse writing because you get to see some ""lore""?
please just fuck off iffy
in EO? there are more than one single cheese strat per game
that's indicative of good design, it promotes variety, not to mention the game keeps you experimenting up until the endgame thanks to class unlocks
in DT2 and 2-2? the games literally ask you to optimally build parties with pseudo cheese offbeat strats AND use all your party members in a variety of ways and situations at the same time by design, at least if you're autistic enough to care about the hundreds of heroine sub events and play certain dungeons optimally, the latter which is demanded out of you in post-game (even when removing class doors in dt2-2 they achieved this through enemy formations and boss design btw), that's also indicative of good design in a really different and inventive way
>The later dungeons improve on this stuff since the game is meant to improve as you go
i played 30something hours before giving up
i really wanted to like the game, but the more i played it the more it cracked
>the fact each dungeon, enemy and boss has ties to specific fairytales and folklore with a horror-style twist.
you wanna see this but done actually well, with good writing, finesse, atmosphere and even room for player expression within these themes? play coven lmao

>i-it's totally not nepvii guys!
>y-you can bounce enemies around or fly in the sky during battles
How about you prove how it IS NepVII?
I can tell you right now how they aren't
>Varnir
It's a stationary battle system like any other standard Turn based game. NO FIELD MOVEMENT. On the surface level its a normal turn based game. Hence the you never played it. Because it couldn't be more different
>Death End
Has no mechanics shared with NepVII outside of field movement during battle and even then its totally free where as Nep has limited movement per turn. The focus is much more on positioning and aiming your attacks to create combos where enemies bounce between each other, your party and the walls. Additionally Nep doesn't have summons, anything at all like Arata's commands not even the battle system is remotely the same.
>are you really defending the same fucking game sold to you again just with significantly worse writing because you get to see some ""lore""?
How is it the same game?
>Gameplay
New mechanics at play that change how you strategize
>Enemies, dungeon design, bosses
Each dungeon has new designs and pieces. There are a mix of new and old enemies and all bosses are new designs. They didn't reuse a single boss.
>with significantly worse writing
How about you explain this? You seem so certain that this is the case. How is it so much worse than the game you yourself said you DIDN'T FINISH?

>you wanna see this but done actually well, with good writing, finesse, atmosphere and even room for player expression within these themes? play coven lmao
I did, it was worse
>finesse, atmosphere
MS does it better. It shows there was a living world BEFORE the Jail came to exist before it started melding and corrupting the world.
>Good writing
Please, please don't act like that meme shit was good.
>Lmao potatoes
>BABA!!!!!
ah yes such AMAZING writing
>room for player expression within these themes
I never really felt any of that was there. Felt like it was just trying too hard to be edgy most of the time.