Beat virtually impossible boss after literal weeks of trying

>Beat virtually impossible boss after literal weeks of trying.
>"lmao kiddo this isn't even my final form xD"

FUCK this game

Attached: Sekiro-genichiro-ashine-2nd-encounter.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p9b2El0eJAM
youtube.com/watch?v=OBm3wnQH32M
youtu.be/PC8xFuiatRo
youtube.com/watch?v=iERhmvRAYuc
youtu.be/tso8u4OJLuI
youtu.be/WtXLZUhcoDI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

genichiro is basically the skill check boss.
you will not get past him until the game mechanics click for you.

Anything else before Gen, you COULD potentially cheese through without learning the game mechanics, and play like a souls game.

Stop dark soulsing and get up in his face and start metal gear rising on him

>virtually impossible
>genichiro
Your post when you hit rape ape will be fun

Attached: 1556853103096.jpg (259x224, 7K)

giant ape and hatred demon are bloodborne bosses, he'll probably do really well against them

Nra saint isshin was harder but I killed him in less tries ironically.

It's ok my dude.

Once you beat genichiro, you will be reborn as a shinobi. You need to understand that you need to chase him rather than running from him. Make him YOUR bitch.

Once you learn how to clash swords, your third eye will open.

R1 R1 L1 L1 L1 L1 L1 R1 R1 L1 L1 L1 L1 L1 R1 R1....

>Nra saint isshin was harder but I killed him in less tries ironically.
I feel like old man isshin is harder than sword saint.
his attacks just seem more spastic

White donkey kong is ez, owl is the real guy.

Just beat Genichiro and felt so damn proud of myself. Then he turns into a literal god of thunder and got my ass handed to me again. Also I haven't beaten headless yet cause I gave up after he literally fisted me.

XD

CLANG CLANG CLUNG shing SWOOSH kshh kshh kshh CLANG CLANG

git gud faggot

Attached: p_101528432.jpg (360x360, 21K)

maybe I was overleveled from doing all the side content but Genichiro wasn't the massive skill check I was expecting, it took a couple tries but I got him down.

In fact everything in this game has been downhill in challenge from the initial anal gaping I got from just the start of the game or shit like SEVEN SPEARS

Genichiro is one of the easiest bosses to cheese

he's the midterm halfway through the semester
if you can't beat him then, you're gonna fucking fail the final exam

Hardest bosses for me were Demon of Hatred and Shura Isshin, no contest. Basically fuck fire

every poster claiming a different boss is the hardest is the best evidence of good game design

Achieve fuck

There's no reason to fight Headless early on unless you want quick access to the Demon Bell.

The fact that he's the boss where you have to start understanding the battle system is proven in how easy he becomes to the player when you fight him again at the end.

I took like 25 attempts to beat him initially but by the time I was grinding on Sword Saint I was no-damaging him pretty much every attempt.

The first third of Sekiro I thought it was the hardest game in the From series, but around when I got to Ape I was beating everything on my first couple attempts.

Owl was the hardest for me. I think I died more often to him then to Orphan and Midir combined, after him the game fully clicked with me though.

I got an anal blasting when I took the wrong path early on in the game and ended up fighting the ghost Monk before even reaching Genichiro. After I beat her everything else was pretty easy

Demon of hatred was hard because it's just a badly designed boss.
It looks and acts like something that got cut from Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne. It does not mesh well with sekiro mechanics at all.

I beat him legit one time. I will shamelessly cheese him with the skip from now on.

I thought nioh was dogshit and assumed I would hate this game and turns out its probably the best one in years.

Demon of hatred is trivialized by equipping the flame elemental umbrella

Go grind a little bit. How many gourd seeds have you found? Are you comfortable with deflecting and mikiri countering?

My impression of demon of hatred and ape was that you couldn't fight them like everyone else, because they're literally monsters. You try to parry and shit, they just trash you
if you fought them like you were playing souls and just wait out all the combos and hit at the end of them, it was pretty easy

It's a huge missed opportunity that you never gain a lightning ability, or anything that really transforms the gameplay for that matter.

Eh that's a fair point. Owl and Isshin tho...

Nioh was ruined by its stupid fucking Diablo loot system. If they just removed random loot from the game entirely it would be twice as good of a game

Does being aggressive and parrying count as cheesing because that's how you beat most things in this game?

His hitbox is pretty bad on the unrelenting slide thing but if you jump when he does it he'll literally just warp through you. Don't know who thought of that one.

>You try to parry and shit, they just trash you
I didn't have that problem with the ape. Parrying him is completely viable, you just need to learn some of the weird timings

The only fight I thought was legitimately unforgiving to the player was the second phase in Sword Saint, where he pulls the spear.

His hyper armor is completely insane, no other humanoid boss in the game can take attacks like that. I only finally won by chugging Posture items and parrying him into a deathblow rather than doing any real damage.

His third phase is way fucking easier, since the lightning attacks end up being a nearly guaranteed combo (and massive damage) rather than the insane constant pressure he puts on you in the previous phase.

> You try to parry and shit, they just trash you
What? Monkey trouble will stumble and fall over if you parry certain attacks giving you plenty of time to attack.

look forward to it in the DLC, everything is building up toward being something about Tomoe

This so much.

You can parry the ape, it just isn't very effective. Of course once you get to the headless phase then parrying him is literal cheese, if you figure out his parry timings you can no damage headless ape rather easily.

you can run into a corner and attack the wall to do an infinite combo on Gen. It's really specific but it's very easy to do

I loved phase 2, his unrelenting pressure was fantastic to fight.

I used a trainer to beat the game. Fight me.

yeah phase 3 you don't need to do anything special.
3 lightnings and hes done.
It's really more of a victory lap to show you how far you've come.

his first form is way easier than most of the bosses you beat before fighting him though. it's no different than when you fight him in the very beginning.

his second form's lightning bullshit and super jumps are frustrating though. he goes down fast though once you get used to the lightning.

>First night playing Sekiro
>Spend an hour fighting Lady Butterfly
>Finally beat her
>Hehehe... impressive, boy
>It wasn't over...

Finally, I beat her but little did I know she would be one of the easier bosses...

Attached: SEKIRO SHADOWS DIE TWICE Screenshot 2019.05.03 - 21.50.32.63.jpg (1810x1018, 577K)

t. game journalist

you ruined the experience for yourself, but if you don't care then I don't care

i basically stopped playing sekiro after this faggot refused to die
i need that i didnt beat dark souls shirt but with sekiro instead

Agreed.

Juzou was my first wall. After him I beat Lady Butterfly's first phase on my second try and was pretty unsurprised when second phase kicked off. It was too few tries for the game to let me have that victory

Imagine needing to cheese a boss that is effortless once you learn the mechanics of the game.

bro its not even that hard. you can use his lightning attacks against him. he dies after like 3 lightning strike reversals

>easier than most of the bosses you beat before fighting him though.
Not necessarily. The only bosses you "need" to fight before getting to Genshiro are the fire bull and the horse guy. Both not particularly difficulty, and both can be beaten without even parrying once without much trouble.

Good for you bud I don't actually believe or care if you did but why buy this kind of game if you aren't into a challenge is what I don't understand with these people.

I never understood this sentiment. How did it ruin it? You could have just ignored it if it bothered you so much and used base weapons. I found crafting your own weapons was better than random drops anyway.

What's his name again?

Attached: SEKIRO SHADOWS DIE TWICE Screenshot 2019.05.03 - 21.00.28.73.jpg (1810x1018, 725K)

True, but I didn't mean the ones you "need" to fight. I was just referring to all the bosses you can fight before you have to beat Gen to proceed. If you finish them all off first Gen doesn't seem as bad.

I'm also forgetting the fact those bosses give you beads that vastly help you fight Gen, so there's that aspect to take into account.

>implying game journalists would be taken seriously if they played games with trainers.

Im never gona beat demon of hatred. I just dont see it.

Attached: 1552444265708.gif (300x200, 501K)

>you could have just ignored the core gameplay mechanic
Fucking retard. Not him, I thought the game was shit for alot of other reasons too, like the way it rips off the worst aspects of the latter souls games.

Why are you having so much trouble learning his attacks and patterns? Pay attention for god sake

Are you trying to imply that game journalists are taken seriously to begin with?

>beat virtually impossible boss after literal weeks of trying
>makes himself easier on the final phase by giving you lightning to zap him with
Heh... nothin personnel, Tomoeshitter...

I beat Genichiro in three tries, and Rape Ape on my first go. Owl fucked my ass twenty times, and full Corrupted Monk is ruining my fucking day. Am I retarded?

>TFW spoiled about Owl fight and ended up running around the ring since he was pissing me off a bit
Is he really that hard of a boss anyways? I shouldn't have played after I got home from work since I was much more irritable.

When you're playing a game, naturally you want to use the bast strategies and tools available to you. This is a problem when it is very tedious and time consuming to stay optimal. You pretty much need to choose between wasting a bunch of time constantly fiddling with your new weapon that dropped that's ever so slightly stronger, or deal with the constant nagging feeling of "I could be stronger if I just took a second to switch gear". It was in the horrible situation of being fast enough to upgrade gear that I always did it, but frequent enough that I got upgrades that it was annoying. Also, it's not rare to end up with your play style being dictated slightly by what randomly happens to drop instead of what you WANT to do. What if you want to use the twin swords, but a really good weapon you don't like much just dropped? Should I use the weapon I don't enjoy as much until I get a better twin sword? You might think this sort of player decision making is a good thing but all it does is try to encourage me to do things I enjoy less. Good game design should be encouraging me into using the parts of the game I like more instead.
Having the loot be so heavily RNG based also gives the feeling sometimes when you lose of "I lose because the RNG has assfucked me" rather than the more healthy "I lost because I made a mistake". In a game with more dependable upgrades like Dark Souls you know that the current stats of your character are 100% because of your choices in resource allocation rather than luck, with perhaps the exception of strong rare weapon drops like the Black Knight Halberd

It's a bloodborne boss my dude. As soon as you get that in your head you'll see progress
Learn his attack patterns because he definitely does specific moves in tandem
Dodge everything. There shouldn't be a single attack you block

Honestly yeah, if you were able to get past the other bosses so easily Corrupted monk should be absolute cake, sounds like you were playing the game wrong the whole time but somehow powered through it and she's skill checking you.

Pure kino

Monk raped my shit because spears are the bane of my existence and she forced me to learn.
This game is pretty much about teaching you to click with ALL of its mechanics and certain things will be hard to learn for you and be a wall since most people won't be able to learn everything off the bat.

Everyone has trouble on different shit. I beat Monkey Double Trouble on my first try and was stuck on the bull for far longer than I care to describe.

Eh, I've been doing what it tells me to do- constant pressuring of the opponent, attacks of opportunity interspersed with skillful deflects. It's how I plowed through Ape and Genichiro... honestly, the only fight that gave me trouble up till now was Owl, but once he clicked, it was easy. Monk just takes... no fucking posture damage. Regens it fast.

Hah same. I died to Lady butterfly like 50 times before finding the Ogre. Then I did the entire temple area before getting Genichiro. At least you get that bonus dialogue with that monk.

It's the same with any boss, you have to keep dealing damage until her posture gauge doesn't recover quickly. Once you get her to about half health her posture bar for all intents and purposes will not recover anymore and then you can parry her shit in.

Also you probably know this but you can skip the second phase entirely with a tree assassination if you're quick enough.

you're taking swings at her back right? her armor prevents almost all damage from the front

I had no idea. Fug. Gonna give her another few tries tonight. Thanks!

I did the temple too and also cleared the Gunfort up to the locked door. I pretty much did the entire game before getting to Genichiro.
I ended up looking up a guide on youtube because I couldn't figure out where to go and realized I missed a hole in the roof of the upper castle that you needed to go through to reach Kuro.

You can get two deathblows, then use Ako's and a confetti and lock her in a loop with firecrackers. Can be killed in like 25 seconds actually

>spoiler
You can actually swing around all the trees twice and then jump on her and she'll always be there to die.
Just have to make sure to avoid getting hit in the air.

>Genichiro
>anything but braindead and piss easy

I'll never understand if this is some form of trolling, shilling or if people really are just retarded or all of the above.

Attached: america.gif (531x609, 226K)

learning the set jump timings to doge his slide and fire line help a lot. Also, when he does the fire line, always dodge it to the left, not to the right.

Oh wow a game where you press buttons what a piece of shit

Man, trying to deprogram myself from Souls games is hard where I am so used to dodging and never blocking. I enjoy it a lot but I still haven't mastered the tells or reactions for blocks, jumps, and dodges. My only dislike is how the game eventually punishes you for dying too much with the whole rotblood things. I don't know how common dragon blood droplets are so there is also that. I do like how if shit hits the fan I can just run away back to an idol but in some cases, that's not an option.

Of course he's brain dead and piss easy once you master the mechanics, anyone who has beaten the game has literally 0 trouble on Genichiro in subsequent playthroughs or at the final boss but it's perfectly understandable for people to get walled by him when they're still learning.

If you had absolutely no trouble with him at the start you're either in the vast minority or you're lying out of your ass.

dragon rot does basically nothing, you can just ignore it

R1 R1 R1 Circle R1 R1 Circle Circle Circle L1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 Circle R1 R1 R1...

>bring malcontent (the whistle), you have 3 tries for the entire fight, he will get stunned for a while each time you use it
>bring Vermilion Umbrella for phase 2 projectiles
phase 1
>jump when he tries the grab attack followed by his dash
>stay within a mid range distance when not attacking
>dodge his combos sideways
>dodging forward is fine sometimes to get closer to his feet
>always attack at his feet
>attack his face only when there's a large enough opening
phase 2
>apply the above
>use the umbrella to stop his projectiles
>the umbrella will be charged, unleash it on him provided you unlocked the follow up art for umbrellas
phase 3
>apply the above
>now he will also summon a ring of fire
>stay either within or outside of it
>he will also do his dash attack twice : back and forth
>if you haven't used Malcontent at this point, now is the time

Good luck

Git gud.

Attached: Demon of Hatred.webm (1280x720, 2.15M)

ROBEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRTTTT

motherfucker

Was told it blocks certain quests and changes the ending.

Dragonrot is just there for lore purposes.

Hit him 2 to 3 times as a punish for his attacks and sprint away in a medium distance circle around him. Don't stop sprinting until he has downtime for another attack. Practice this enough and you can eventually beat him without getting hit.

Don't listen to these faggots Dragon rot can prevent you from completing quest-lines from NPC's because you can't initiate dialogue with them as long as they are sick.

No, it's not required to finish the game but if you want certain endings it can lock you out. However there are a ton of dragon blood droplets throughout the game and as long as you only spend them after a boss you're stuck on you'll pretty much ever have sick NPC's.

Had more trouble with seven stars spear nigger than the big nig ape.

That isn't Corrupted Monk, user.

>one of

>fist run needed up to 30 tries for her
>NG+ charmless + demon bell and i didn't even use half of my gourds
When the game "clicks" boss fights are awesome, i wish i could fight all of them whenever i wanted. Especially Owl 2, must be my favorite boss.

Combo of these.
When he does any down smash attack, like after he does two swings and smash combo, you can run to the side of him to his left and avoid the attack and hit him at least 3 times.

>Of course he's brain dead and piss easy once you master the mechanics,
Can you like stop pretending there are some brain bending, deep-as-the.-sea "MECHANICS" to it? You press L1 when the enemy attacks, that's it.

THAT'S IT.

Every retard can do it and it's the first thing you learn in the game. Genichiro is braindead shit and the only time this game ever is "hard" is when it breaks its own rules or lies to you like when it tells you to dodge grabs and then lets you fight Hulk Hogan who grabs you in a 500 miles radius unless you run away, the fucking money who moves like a Monster Hunter boss or Isshin who has some retarded attacks that just cut through your block.

Which one?
The guy that's chilling with his swordsman bro who was also as strong as a miniboss I had a really hard time with until I figured out a way to deathblow both of them using the stealth candy

I never said you had to cheese him

>skill check boss

A shinobi knows the difference between honor and difficulty, every boss can be cheesed.

Hold sprint, keep your distance so you don't get melee. But not far enough he does the other attacks

Attack twice when you get openings, run back and repeat.

In third phase, use the whistle when in the ring of fire. You can use the whistle 3 times.

>exaggerating difficulty to generate (You)s

Stop. It's unbecoming.

Attached: 1555726092227.png (371x353, 148K)

Also use buff items like sugars or confetti.

All you need to do to beat geni is spam jumping double ichi. The only hard bosses in this game are sword saint (because hes a good boss) and demon of hatred (because hes a shit boss). They also happen to be the very last bosses.

way of tomoe genichiro felt a lot weaker than regular genichiro

a lot of telegraphed attacks that could be punished harder than in his first phase

Stick to his crotch/legs like glue and use sidestep to dodge stomp attacks, only block/parry his overhead strikes/headbutt. If he jumps in the air for a slam attack, sprint away and grapple back to him as he lands. For charge attack with the danger Kanji, jump back and left to avoid. If he ever creates distance, close it ASAP, fireballs will fuck your shit. This is with the exception of the spin attack in phase 3, run the fuck away from that. When he does the ranged fire cone attack in phase 3, sprint parallel to the boss and jump at the apex of his handstand.

Even without the loot system the game shits the bed with the latter third level design and the utter lack of enemy variety

phase 2 was just checking if you read the scroll in the dojo

Don't you think the soul matching system removes a lot of those problems though? You don't have to equip every new item of better level and quality if you can just use it to upgrade the equipment you like to match its level. I remember carrying weapons though most of the game because of that, I very rarely felt like using anything apart from spears and swords because I had no combat skills purchased for anything else.

Tbh I think Sekiro would be better as a boss rush game. Would be cool to have as a mode.

>borrow game from a friend
>it's pretty solid, stealthing around feels really good
>flaming bull out of nowhere
I'm so glad they got the DS2 team to work on this one.

Attached: 1481248341678.gif (640x480, 86K)

Yep, all you do is press L1, expect when they lunge at you, then you press Circle+forward. Oh and except when they sweep attack, that's when you press X and then X again when coming down. Oh and except when they grab attack, that's when you press Circle to dodge it. Oh and except when the leap, that's when you press Triangle to select your Shurikens then R2 to fire them. Oh and except when they are shielded...

this is a different issue but the skill and loot system discouraged you from using multiple kinds of weapons which sucked because the weapon and attack variety was pretty much the only good thing in the game

youtube.com/watch?v=p9b2El0eJAM

I fucking love this game so much and i suck at it .

There is just something about this game.

Attached: 1555794973738.jpg (1200x1800, 153K)

Oh I beat it by jumping, jumping seems to fuck with the AI a lot, at least early-on. I'm just saying, whoever designed these enemy encounters is an absolute fucking chimpanzee and I wouldn't be even slightly surprised if it was the same person or team that worked on DS2.

there's a second one

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 110K)

Sekiro makes me think of Revengeance a lot.
>Revengenace is an action game with hackneyed stealth mechanics
>Sekiro is also an action game desperately masquerading as a stealth game.
The enemy AI makes me think of a PS2 game. MGS3 had less fucky detection than this.

I dislike animal-bosses too desu, while you can deflect them to death they are too "souls-like" for my tastes.

>expect when they lunge at you, then you press Circle+forward
No, you can just press L1 as well. Or jump away. And don't pretend DODGING forward is a deep mechanic.

> that's when you press X and then X again when coming down.
If you want to capitalize on it which you don't have to. You can just jump away. And again, pressing the jump button isn't anything deep and literally some of the first enemies do sweep attacks, including the fucking TUTORIAL NPC this game has.

>Oh and except when the leap, that's when you press Triangle to select your Shurikens then R2 to fire them.
I never did that in my two playthroughs.

This game is ridiculously simple like all From games and Genichiro is completely braindead.

I bet you are OP who just wants to shill his favorite trash game by exaggerating how hard it is, PROVING that the only thing you From retards care about is difficulty and that you have no clue about gamepaly and don't even give a crud about it (because theg ameplay is usually pretty shit in those games). You just like these trash games because you are casuals and they make you feel hardcore.

Suck a dick, brainlet.

Attached: from shit.jpg (1214x690, 130K)

Why did the game tell me to dodge grab attacks? That was the only reason I struggled with this fight. Just running backwards is much easier, it feels and looks bad, but it's effective.

It's not really a core mechanic though. You could very easily beat the game with the starting sword or just craft your own perfectly reasonable gear without obsessing over minute improvements every second. Relying on overpowered gear does nothing but break the game. Ignoring it completely is the exact same as it not being included in the game at all. Either way it doesn't prevent you from being successful in Nioh.
That's an issue with your own obsessive thoughts though, which this kind of loot system does encourage especially if you're susceptible to obsessive compulsive actions.

As long as you were being successful in a level there's no need to upgrade or change your playstyle at all though. That's 100% your own obsessive thoughts nagging you and affecting your actions.

I understand your sentiment though, I legitimately have OCD and know how hard it is to shake those thoughts. When I played Nioh I would ignore all the gear I picked up and only managed it between levels. Made things much more enjoyable. Most of it is just fodder anyway, and like I said crafting seemed way better end-game.

Because From wanted to make a stylish action game but they were too retarded so it's littered with some quashed away wishful-thinking conception of what could be, also see 95% of the arts.

why you mad tho?

>L1
Shields engender passivity you fuckin sicko

Yeah I agree with that. it's why I never had the problem of feeling like other gear would be better to use simply because it was a higher level, the downside of having less than half as many attacks and skills was worse than just using the spear that was a few levels lower for now.

Because a brainlet just made me waste 5 minutes of my life time yet again? Also this thread is disingenuous as fuck, which I hate on principle.

It's just some braindead fanboy shilling his trash game by exaggerating the difficulty when the fight is the easiest most simplistic shit ever.

/thread

>All you need to do to beat geni is spam jumping double ichi.
damn son you sure are a hardcore grinder to have so many skill points by how early in the game he is

>All you do is press L1!
>Gets proven wrong
>W-Well only if you want to capitalize on it! STILL NOT DEEP!

You look like a bitch

>Press button
>Things happen
>If you can’t do this you’re a retard
Nice one m8

Lmao wait until you get to Owl he’s more relentless and fucks your posture in 3 or 4 hits.

>No, you can just press L1 as well.

Hey retard, you can block Perilous Thrusting Attacks, you need to O+Forward that shit. Why you lying?

Yeah but only his one combo only ever punishes for half your health at worst if you let it break. Everything else he'll use his useless stomp KO attack

You can delect thursts but not block them. Mikiri is easy deflect

You can parry thrusts, the window for doing so is just smaller, and Mikiri is definitely preferable

>parrying purplefags kick attack
So good.

Attached: Sekiroâ„¢_ Shadows Die Twice_20190501112102.jpg (1920x1080, 467K)

big boy

There's literally a PC Gamer article where a journo brags about beating Isshin with cheats

hes fucking easy
dumbasses like you are just too dumb to figure out that you can just parry

you could just fuck off and not post. proving the brainlet is you.

Hardest bosses were for sure Guardian Ape #1 and Glock Saint. Everything else was pretty easy except for Seven Spears who was the first gate for me.

Also the bull is a shit enemy.

>Try to deflect Genichiro thurst
>The game play the heavy knockback animation like when you deflect ape sword slam

Attached: 177AF11C-4F5F-470C-A148-D729A1C14E48.jpg (1280x720, 310K)

I know, glad we agree.

You could just stop making shill threads about your overrated From cancer? Or at least point out something that isn't OMG, SO DIFFICULT. But I know, there is nothing noteworthy about those games besides that.

Now kill yourself, I'm not going anywhere LMAO

Owl Father 2??????????

Attached: 1550546589761.jpg (637x768, 123K)

>not parrying the foot stomps
shiggy diggy

Absolutely hardest boss for me was Snake Eyes before I realized you can deflect her grapple. That gun fucking hurts if you don't deflect it and her timing was so odd to me.

I just jumped and stomped when the symbol appeared, 90% of the time i'd be safe.

So does anyone actually enjoy this game or is it just a masochistic circlejerk over who got gud the hardest?
Like yeah it's beatable, but it was a fucking torturous slog. Some of the bosses were thrilling but the other 95% of the game is just an absolute fucking slog. The only feeling I had at the end was that I'd wasted so much time screaming at it when I could've been playing actual video games.

Attached: 1407015651695.gif (170x170, 114K)

The only bad parts of Sekiro are the shit they had to cram in to market it as a Souls-inspired game.

>Be Sekiro
>make Yea Forums, reddit, and journalist retards seethe daily even more than BOTW
gotta be the most based release in awhile. This, DMC5, and RE2 all within a month really didn't allow us to absorb just how crazy these releases are

Ape was the most satisfied I've felt in a game since Ludwig / Kos so I was super happy but I don't disagree besides that

I enjoyed it, really liked the whole deflect/posture system.

Every souls game has a parry system. And a stamina system.

but journalists and reddit love BOTW

where the fuck is this one

End of the game

too bad 2019 basically blew its load already and there aren't too many high quality releases to look forward to for the rest of the year.

you're not sincerely implying those are the same right?

Genichiro has an extremely simple and predictable moveset. You can't tell me it took weeks for you to learn it. Get your shit together, user.

Fountainhead. At the idol right after the courtyard with all the dooting guys. Turn left and explore and you'll run into it eventually.

Well I actually had to pay attention to stamina in the other games and ignored my own posture for 99% of the game. I guess you're right.

Attached: blorf.jpg (246x293, 10K)

How aren't they? The only real difference is that secondary actions don't use stamina in Sekiro and that the enemy's stamina bar is visible in this one

Yeah my biggest complaint with Sekiro was that the vast majority of the boss fights feel like difficulty solely for the sake of difficulty. It makes me think of DS2's "YOU'LL LOSE YOUR SOULS HAHA, BECAUSE IT'S LIKE DARK SOULS HAHA, PREPARE TO DIE HAHA" rather than Bloodborne's much more metered, reserved challenge. Miyazaki really shit the bed on the Demon of Hatred, it felt like something reused from another game.

souls/bb
>parry once
>get massive damage riposte

sekiro
>parry once
>okay kid, now do it again
>and again, and again, etc.

Literally the hardest (not most angering) was the Ogre for me.

For some fucking reason I was stuck on the ogre for like 2 days. Geni was hard, but his final form is easy as fuck if you time your jumps right. Glock Saint is more angering than hard. Once it time your blocks right hes pretty leveled.

Attached: 1488955383755.gif (288x288, 1.88M)

sekiro's deflections don't put the enemy in a ripostable state, it's more like a soft parry.
You also have to mix it up with dodge counters and jump counters, and sometimes prosthetics.

I wish Sekiro's parries had more feedback. Literally 95% of the time I'd parry and it looked like I could strike back, only to get caught mid-attack because the parry did absolutely nothing to the enemy.

yes, and this makes the combat system more dynamic. doesn't seem relevant to the replied-to post unless you are making look even more silly.

Soul babies could never beat a game like MGR

>set free
>west
What did she mean by this?

Attached: 20190504232508_1.jpg (1920x1080, 290K)

A sekiro boss rush mode would be perfect.

Yes! I finally fucking got him!

Attached: SEKIRO SHADOWS DIE TWICE Screenshot 2019.05.05 - 01.26.17.62.jpg (1810x1018, 333K)

it came from china

hehehehehe

>dropped ichimonji and went back to whirlwind slash
>game suddenly gets easier
if it ain't broke don't fix it

Attached: chadwind slash.jpg (1247x740, 514K)

WHAT!?!?!

Attached: SEKIRO SHADOWS DIE TWICE Screenshot 2019.05.05 - 01.27.57.83.jpg (1810x1018, 216K)

The game is actually a Hiroshima allegory

>rather than Bloodborne's much more metered, reserved challenge

I don't know what you're talking about. For a newcomer Sekiro is so much easier than Bloodborne. You have a 100% damage reduction shield you can use at all times.

If you're not already a Dark Souls master, Cleric Beast, Gascoigne, and BSB are going to rip your dick off for hours until you git gud.

The only difference in Sekiro's favor is Sekiro expects you to do it without being able to summon overpowered buddies if you're stuck.

I beat Grape Ape about an hour ago. Took me like 5-6 attempts but it wasn't terrible. Is it odd that the brown ape never showed up? Did I just get incredibly lucky with RNG?

>using combat arts at all

No need for anything fancier than a Mikiri Counter.

Also the ability to spam my 100s of Divine Confettis on NG+ really breaks the game's balance.

Attached: 1556417237210m.jpg (1024x1018, 70K)

"skillcheck boss". Suck a fat cock if you believe this.

There's an optional endgame boss straight out of Souls. You feel pretty compelled to beat him because he's strongly tied to the lore but he's just not fun at all. There are multiple ways to cheese him including getting him to run over a cliff though.

this is my nemesis, haven't been able to beat him in weeks. No chance whatsoever.

Attached: sekiro%20ape[1].jpg (1280x720, 111K)

Fuck off. Guardian Ape took me 30 or 40 tries, and the second Ape isn't in the first encounter

I wouldn't necessarily call it that but he did teach me how strong deflecting was and how rapidly you can do it without the window shortening too much. I had to die to him a good two dozens times but then I breezed through most of the rest of the game.

>not using Leaping Kicks
Countering the sweep has never been this satisfying, that sound, that posture damage, delicious.

Just play super defensive in the headless phase desu, much easier than the first one where literally everything he does, including moving, is an attack.

I wish they gave him 2 health bars on the second phase too just for you

Attached: 1524435304164.gif (278x340, 43K)

He'd still go down in like 30 seconds. His posture bar is nonexistent in that phase.

>genichiro
>impossible
Delete the game user, seriously.

Literally wait for his right, left, overhead combo.
It is most easy and safe to deflect.

I'm an Ashina Cross man myself, it rapes their vitality if you manage to get them from behind.

Sorry, dude, I'm not even that good. I got impatient on my last attempt and spammed the attack power sugar and divine confetti to make the fight quicker. Also, firecrackers on phase 1.

I'm a sucker for martial arts in any game desu. Just feels so satisfying.

Confetti does something besides damaging ghosts?

It's a general damage buff.

Bonus damage on everything. Like enchanting your weapon with elements in other games.

Holy shit really?
Does it stack with the red candy?

I am pretty sure it does.

I do Red Candy + Confetti before every boss.

Didn't like the game very much but I remember this boss was very easy and thet hunder phase just had you to jump and then buttonmash attack button until you land.

Are From Software fans mentally retarded or something? No wonder all those games are considered hard.

Attached: IMG_9627.png (1270x1143, 738K)

>Are From Software fans mentally retarded or something?
No, but dark souls fans are.

>12 hit piercing sabimaru into Floating passage
I just like flurry attacks.

Attached: 1555784926163.jpg (445x403, 54K)

Is Headless the least fun fight in the game? I find the only strat with him is to run behind him. Also, any boss that requires an item buff to beat just sucks.

I saw a lot of shit about Folding Screen Monkeys and how frustrating it was but I did it on my first try and it took me five minutes. I just explored the Illusion Hall continually and stabbed them all. Is there a particular gimmick for them or is there something else I missed? Or is it just the classic Dragon God/Bed of Chaos/From lame puzzle boss?

Not even then. You can just hurry past him.

All Headless encounters are complete trash and the guy at From who designed their fights needs to be flogged.

You need to figure out each monkey's gimmick. They're all weak to something. It's basically a stealth mission.

the ashina elite miniboss before him is harder

You can get it done by running down the monkeys but it's an immense pain in the ass not stealthing and using the hints the dude tells you.

So of course retards fucking hate it.

Jinsuke's attacks are so fast you can brainlessly spam parry and kill him in 30 seconds since his posture is laughable.

only the orange monkey doesn't have a gimmick
the invisible one is always behind you
the purple one can be murdered if you open the door in that room
the green one can be stunned with the bell

>Okay guy just double tap block when you see the flash
>Hard at all

Attached: 1556358587573.gif (600x450, 79K)

The point of Genichiro is to make sure you have been paying attention to game mechanics leading up to him.

>get close enough so he attacks
>take a few steps back
>punish him after the attack misses you by a mile
Wow that was hard. Sekiro bosses are a fucking joke.

For me it's the other way around. 5% of the game is a pure slog for me (Demon of Hatred), the rest is thrilling. I've played it six times and have beaten DoH once.

Holy shit, I hate seven spears.

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Seven Ashina Spears Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Mikiri Counter Like Nigga Press Circle Haha

Honestly Jenny Chiro is probably the fairest boss in the whole game. Owl Hirata is some bullshit.

Upgraded fire shield and you are golden buddy

He does a blockable follow-up to getting mikiri countered. Deflect that and he stubmles.

I beat him in a few tries desu, but Owl 1 took me ages. Don't see why people find him so hard.

>slave knight old monk is hard

hue

Learn to deflect and be aggressive, every boss becomes trivial afterwards.

after elfriede from soft went full retarded with multiphase boss fights, I always expected sekiro bosses to come back from the dead and the only surprise was the monkey

frankly I'm tired of this trope at this point, they spam it way too much and it loses value completely

>glue finger to sprint
>never lock on
>chop his balls off
>jump over anime attack

bam, it's just an endurance fight at that point

The only bosses I can think of that do it are Friede and the Demon Prince. I don't know what you're on about.

Why are people memeing so much over this guy?

R1 R2 L1 L2

We don't give the player anything like different classes, weapons, outfits or at least haircuts. But with the loss if this comes the perfect game. This time we will design it around this character perfectly.

>it's the most bug ridden game from ever shat out

His English VA went balls out and did an amazing job.

nigger it's wildly accepted that dark souls 3 has way too many multi phase boss fights, I'm not referring to bosses that just full heal and come at you again

>Don't see why people find him so hard.
This desu, it's actually easier to punish Owl 2 especially the 2nd phase.

Ooh that explains it
Mine was set to japanese

Not him but Demon Prince(s) was the only one I got sick of and felt was unfair at times. Abyss Watchers, Nameless King, Friede and Gael were all pretty great bosses. Also, I'm a shitter and Friede took me like 30 times to beat.

Just listen to this fucking dude
youtube.com/watch?v=OBm3wnQH32M

I took about 30 tries for genichiro and did ape in one try both times

That's nothing, I beat Sekiro in one go and only in 10 minutes using nothing but my ass cheeks. Also my dad works for From Soft.

>Miyazaki will never be your dad

Feels bad, man.

Attached: 1537736190016.gif (320x179, 179K)

I beat the entire game without parrying.

Rape ape is a monster type boss that behaves similar to a lot of the bosses in Bloodborne. And having unlimited sprinting is already a huge boon to the player. The second phase, where you just parry the sword like most Sekiro enemies, is easy once you just pay attention.

Attached: 1553783255306.webm (1280x720, 2.48M)

The dub is overall better.

>her feet kicking
absolutely destroyed

Fuck its weird seeing someone block without taking damage

As someone who didn't read around enough to get an ending other than Immortal Severance, are the alternate ones interesting enough to do a NG+ playthrough for them?

>Red sugar + Bestowal Ninjitsu + Floating Passage
feels incredible man

Attached: floating_passage_text-key-item-sekiro-wiki-guide.png (256x256, 21K)

the underwater one is fucking great, I love doing dash slashes

High Monk is better.

>Do aerial high monk kick
>Travel far
>Land on a Nightjar fag, breaks his posture and he falls down a pit and dies

People that never use tools or arts are missing out. I pity fuckers that only use attack and block the entire game.

Most of the important lore is in Purification path
By important lore I mean making fun of Tomoe

Shura Ending is worth doing, you fight Emma and Old Man Isshin

Purification and Dragon Return also allow you to rematch Owl inside a memory with a different moveset

I never get why people call demon a Bloodborne boss when his model is ripped from manus

I did this with headless ape and it took me about 25/30 really tense minutes to chip him down because there was only one move I could guarantee that I could run in and hit him without getting smacked. Felt good.

Cleric Beast*

I just beat this game.
I really just want to rush through and get the other endings. Is NG+ harder or easier than NG?

Easier because you already know what to do.

I meant NG as in starting a fresh new game.
I would know what to do on either NG or NG+.

I fucking hate Genichiro, literally the worst From antagonist.
>beat him in tutorial
>hurr durr difference between honor and faggotry
>beat him at the top of the castle
>ZAREGOTO DATTOOOUU??!! BEHOLD MY LIGHTNING ASSPULL
>beat his Tomoe phase
>I LOVE ASHINA, FUCK HUMANITY AAAAAAAAAAAAAA IMMORTALITY!!!
>beat him for the last time
>WAAAAAAHHHHH FATHER HELP HELP
fuck this guy honestly, not even a hard boss. Just a bitch ass antagonist. Fuck you Genichiro.

Easier since all your stats, prosthetic tools etc carry over so you can just rush through the game to get to the endings.

I went back to Dark Souls today and found out Sekiro has completely ruined my parry abilities.

Kek is this a pasta or just a sperg

Alright thanks. I was wondering if the ng+ enemy difficulty boost surpassed the boost of having all your equipment.

>Crutch on standing still and parrying all game
>Finally meet an excellent Dark Souls boss which requires you to move your damn feet
>"I-i-it's j-just a badly designed boss!"

>I was wondering if the ng+ enemy difficulty boost surpassed the boost of having all your equipment
Not really, you get this thing called Kuro's Charm which makes parrying easier. I'm sure From made NG+ so it's easier for players to do the other endings.

so I take it you didn't play dark souls then, seeing how demon literally shares some attacks with Manus, mainly attacks with the fucked up hand

Don't fucking talk to me you stupid cunt. I played Dark Souls way more than you ever did you fucking idiot.

We can't, there's no PvP. You just cheated at a single player game.

nah, Genichiro is shit.

your previous replies indicate otherwise

All of the intended means of dodging his stuff can be seen here, Umbrella/Malcontent etc are not required:
youtu.be/PC8xFuiatRo

>tfw beat Demon of Hatred without knowing you could sprint
>tfw discovering you could sprint in the game only in NG++

Attached: 1551690722791.png (771x366, 63K)

>Do aerial Ichimonji
>Travel farther
>Land on a Nightjar fag dealing more posture and vitality damage and he dies without even needing a pit

Difficulty ranking. No cheese strats, haven't fought emma yet.

1. SS Ishin
2. Owl 2
3. Genichiro
4. Lady Butterfly
5. O'Rin of the Water
6. Owl 1
7. Snake Eyes'
8. Corrupted Monk 2
9. Seven Spears'
10. Lone Shadows
11. Demon of Hatred
12. Corrupted Monk 1
13. Chained Ogres
14. Guardian Ape
15. Headless Ape
16. Gyoubu Masataka Oniwa
17. Drunkards/Gluttons
18. Armored Warrior
19. Headlesses
20. Ashina Elites
21. Bulls
22. Shichimen Warriors
23. Long arm Centipedes
24. Generals/Leaders
25. Divine Dragon
26. Okami Leader Shizu
27. Folding Screen Monkeys
28. Mist Noble

>it's wildly accepted that
Fuck off. Just because some nerd on Twitch needs to have a topic to talk about doesn't mean DS3 boss phases and especially Friede weren't kino.
>Oh har har 7 phases right viewers? Please donate

>genichiro that high
Jesus

demon of hatred was a lot harder because the fight was so boring

t. Genichiro

>Ape that low and Genichiro that high
kys

>playing with the dub

Apes are EZ. Get good.
DoH difficulty is highly overrated in general.
Longer and requires more use of all skills than any other boss.

It was a fourth playthrough, have to try the dub at some point to be able to criticize it. So now having used English - It's trash, American cartoon VAs were a mistake.

>longer
>worst rival in action games
What skills? Spamming r1 with occasional parry? Or perhaps sidestep after long telegraphed jump attack?

The way people talk about prosthetics sometimes makes it seems like you either use them for cheesing or don't use them at all.

Fuck you, I like doing cyborg shit.

Attached: SEKIRO SHADOWS DIE TWICE 2019.04.22 - 20.33.37.02.DVR.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

Agreed, but he should've come sooner, and have had less HP. He felt like a wall to me cause the game wasn't reinforcing the mechanics enough, so I developed a play-style that wasn't suitable for him, so I fucked off and beat a ton of other bosses first, messing up my first playthrough.

>No Emma and Fire Isshin
Died way more times attempting the Shura ending than I ever did fighting Sword Saint.

Shura ending requires you to kill Emma? I guess I'm never getting it.

Emma is a joke.

Attached: 1556372449255.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

>4. Lady Butterfly

Attached: 1341324907388.jpg (341x487, 39K)

>OH NO NO NO NO

lmao stay mad cuck

why the fuck does ashina elite chip damage you for so much

nobody said they were hard it's that they feel mundane when every fucking boss has them, dark souls 3 is fucking anime garbage

It's widely accepted that you're using Reddit spacing and need to go back

Genichiros first two forms instantly click when I realised I could just punish his grabs and L1 everything else

What is fucking gay is that there's no way to practice his third form on its own. Having to beat his first before getting a crack at the third is tedious when you already know you can do it.

youtube.com/watch?v=iERhmvRAYuc

You people love biting the ironic shitpost bait don't you

Kill yourself Harris

I had the oposite experience, playing BB after Sekiro made me a parry god.

Bosses that filtered the shit out of me like Gascoigne, BSB, Maria or OoK were all parried to death

Still got mangled by a lot of shit I can't parry in the dungeons like the Bloodletting Beast, what a cancer fight

You don't even need to do that. Once I stopped trying to figure out how to do the special Reverse Lighting (TM) it got easy.
Just run away from him, wait untill he does that long range jump thrust then Mikiri and get a few hits. He dies in a minute.
It was fucking annoying that they tried to introduce a new very punishing mechanic like that for a second phase that's behind two killing blows.
I regret even trying to deflect the lightning instead of just dodging it, really made it easy.

Lightning deflection is absurdly easy tho

Butterfly
>8 tries
Genichiro
>10 tries
Rape Ape
>4 tries
Monk
>3 tries
Owl
>6 tries
SSI
>13 tries
DoH
>9 tries
Owl 2.0
>40+ tries
Juuzou
>50+ tries
I think I might have some sort of dysfunction desu

jfc that centipede

this cant be real

see a shrink

I don't know man I didn't get it. The description was bad. Tool tip bar was like "hit attack in air before landing" after dying to him. Do I need to get it by it to channel it back? Do I just need to be near it? Do I need to jump and hold the button then near landing to send it off? I didn't fucking get the exact movement needed and got fucked a few times to figure out I don't even want to deal with it. Fucking annoying.

>jump
>lightning hits you
>mash r1 before you hit the ground
WOOOW SO FUCKING HARD

Fuck you it was hard for me... By the way why does it seem like every enenemy fucks up my posture bar? Just got to the Shamisen ghost lady and she's making me stagger hard

Attached: 1550956121018.jpg (686x535, 39K)

Huh, I beat this bastard with this on NG+2 and 3. After the first time, I didn't want to deal with him.

I really hope they add a boss rush for the dlc. The bosses a fun enough that they are worth the replays.

Because you're blocking instead of deflecting.

The only way you can really fail it is by jumping early so that your attack doesn't have enough time to play out in the air before you land and get stunned. When you see him charging it you should just stand still, then jump straight up right before he throws it. Hit R1 in the air and you'll throw it back. It trivializes the fight because it gets you so much damage on him for little effort.
If you're getting posture broken and you're on a first playthrough it's because you're blocking all the time when you need to be parrying.

>playing with an English dub
I admire your parents for putting up with a retard like you

I always wondered when you were suppose to use the spear to do this after hearing about it, but never figured it out and killed him normally.

Demon is Sinh The Slumbering Dragon boss, in both you have to rush them, bait their rush-punishing attack (sinh headbutt, demon throws fire), then carve their balls from up close.

Also both have status effects, have moves that help them get far away from you and hurl a lot of projectiles around.

I straight up couldn’t beat gens first two phases before I had enough posture from 4 prayer necklaces. After that it clicked really quickly

Where do Strawhat Monks go on the list?

Attached: Kinematography.webm (960x540, 3M)

You can get 16 beads before Genichiro rooftop rematch? How?? Wtf did I miss. When I beat him I had 2 and now I have 3, at Mibu.

What do you need for to trigger Sekiro regonizing that DoH is the sculptor? In countless youtube videos I have only seen it happen once

Eavesdrop on the Sculptor after Owl appears but before beating him then talk to Sculptor.

>460998532
I want to help you annon, lisent here

>parry, dont dodge

>you must shred his posture bar not his life

>in the frist phase after doing the jump attak he wil always do a thrust worward (you can parry that)

>in the second phase after doing the jump attak he will always do a low sweep that you can jump over, then pulse the jump button agan to step on his face and make a ton of posture damange

>also you can parry the jump attak, but is more recomendable hiting him once when he is in the air and then dodgin

>when he starts attaking like 20 times in a row, parry every one of them unless you have like half of the posture bar, he will kill you if he breaks you posure whit that combo

>dont rush forward everytime he jumps back, he can shoot you 5 times whit his bow and deal a generous amount of damange

>in the last phase you can parry the crazy unbloqueable jump forward,

>after that jump he will try to grab you and stab you, you cant do shit against that soo run for ou life

>if he strikes you whit a sword lithing attak and you parry it in the air, it wont damange you until you touch the ground, giving you the oportunity to launch a range litghin stike stuning him

>sometimes when he retrives, the IA will make a bow attak or a jump attak, if you hit him when he is preparing for it, you will push him back canceling it, usualy the IA does that like 3 times in a row, giving you 4 free hits

Attached: 1550190551041.png (514x419, 199K)

Interesting thanks I will try it.

The title of sword Saint is so fucking cool. On par with War God

The fucker uses a spear and a gun, he's a fraud.

Ashina style is all about winning no matter what though. He doesn't give a fuck.

you should read the cradle series

I've been playing with the Demon Bell on since the start of the game. Does it actually do anything besides make stuff harder? I'm up to around the third rematch with homeboy in OP

You can go to Mibu and Senpou temple, getting both the Shelter Stone and Mortal Blade, along with the various beads in these places, before you even fight Genichiro.
At least, I imagine you can. I never tried, but it seems obvious.
Were you blocking a lot, or not landing your parries?
Interesting thing about this game is, even if your posture is full, as long as you don't miss any parries, it will never break.
Hence how really good players can beat the game with no necklaces at all.

It's not really noticeable, NG No Charm (and bell because why not) is the real shit

More money and better drop rates, enemies also get their extra drop from the NG+ tables.

How can you be this bad?

I have to admit, that was my thought, too.
I'm not particularly great at games, but I still managed to 100% it.
Honestly, my toughest hurdle was actually the Lone Shadow Swordsmen in the well, but once I figured him out, thes rest of the game was pretty simple.
Next challenges were the Ape and True Corrupted Monk, but I got passed them eventually.

I don't understand this logic, It's not that difficult to figure out stamina management and BB is retardedly generous with quick steps and iframes. Sekiro more than makes up for the benefits it gives you with enemy aggression and patterns.

>im not great at games
>100%ed sekiro pretty easily
fuck off nigger

This, I hate humble braggers so much.

Just parry, bro

This is boss ranking in my opinion
SS Isshin
Fire Isshin
Owl 1
Demon of Hatred
Corrupted Monk 2
Emma
Guardian Ape
Headless Ape
Corrupted Monk 1
Owl 2
Gyoubu Masataka Oniwa
Lady Butterfly
Folding Screen Monkeys
Genichiro
Divine Dragon

Attached: sekiro19.jpg (1920x1080, 371K)

this is the guy you fight in that tower with the gay boy right? then he gets lightning shit? is that the final boss?

That's like the midway boss.

You should feel bad for not being good at games.

youtu.be/tso8u4OJLuI

difficulty ranking in New Game with no Charm and Demon Bell

0. O'Rin of the MOTHERFUCKING FUCK YOU Water (took me longer than every other real boss combined)
1. Demon of Hatred
2. Gyoubu Masataka Oniwa
3. SS Isshin
4. Owl 2
5. Owl 1
6. Corrupted Monk 2
7. Lady Butterfly
8. Headless Ape
9. Genichiro
10. Corrupted Monk 1
11. Guardian Ape
12. Divine Dragon
13. Folding Screen Monkeys

Attached: wu3iaw79jfu21.jpg (443x745, 61K)

I also think the description kinda sucks, at least in some languages
on my first few tries i thought i had to press R1 not just randomly mid-air but JUST RIGHT BEFORE the landing
which ofc made me eat the lightning 90% of the time

>wolf, thank you

LMOA

It took me less than 10 attempts.

what the fuck is isshin really the last boss? i only did like 3 tries and i feel im disappointed with his last health bar wherein you can just fuck his shit with his lightning

what the fuck am i going to do bros. i dont have anymore games to play

Attached: man-who-sold-the-world.jpg (285x200, 8K)

>orin
>hard

Attached: 1491675604464.png (317x315, 140K)

post yfw you found out that from patched out the exploit you could use to get a backstab on o'rin and now you have to beat her legit

Attached: rY6akkQH4G2VVAVK5ds6KB-970-80[1].jpg (890x501, 62K)

>0. O'Rin of the MOTHERFUCKING FUCK YOU Water

You can throw a stone at her from behind, she then leaves the NPC-Mode and becomes an "unaware enemy" instead and you can backstab her, skipping her whole first HP-Bar. Then you just have to counter-block everything untill you can 1hit kill her.

What's with the crusty shit around the Ape's neck though? He looks like has coral growing out of him or some shit.

They fixed that.
Also stop cheating yourself out of content in a single player game.

If you really have nothing else to play, why not start a ng+ with the bell activated and give away the charm you start with?

Watch a speedrun of the game, then you know what "cheating yourself out of content" really means.

Boss fights in general ruin the pacing

>O'Rin
>Gyoubu
but these are easy as shit. I had way more trouble with Juzou the Drunkard and his clones, the ox
or the purple ninjas.

Also Headless Ape is a nightmare if you don't have the firecrackers

He's talking about a Charmless Bell run where you can't beat O'Rin by just mashing L1.

>lose to boss
>3 minutes of loading and walking back to boss

Fuckin' hate this shit.

Nigger every single boss is right next to an idol. You have no fuckin excuse.

i can't think of a single bad boss run in the game

maybe to the first corrupted monk now that i think about it, but it's not that bad

Mostly the loading that bothers me.

Aside from Isshin, Genichiro and maybe Guardian Ape, the bosses in this game suck fucking cock and are more uninspired than DS2.

Loved the game though.

If you wanna kill headless easily just pop a divine confetti and use mortal draw lol.

every single miniboss since they involve 15 minutes of mob clearing before you tackle the miniboss proper

People telling me that shit baited me so fucking hard, I did it over and over again yet NEVER pulled the centipede out and kept losing the fight cause I was wasting a perfectly good punish on that shit instead of just spamming r1 for like 10% of its HP.

as soon as you get puppeteer ninjutsu clearing out mobs around a boss quickly turns into an advantage

you can't get mortal blade before genichiro, the bell for the monkeys doesn't activate until you kill him.

" And start Metal Gear Rising him "

Thank you

This thread again? You're fucking embarrasing

congrats retard, you beat the game without doing the most fun thing in the game. An interesting thing to boast about

are we going to get any dlcs for this
I mean we should right?
more so with activision as the publishers

Game was good but I dont feel like replaying it at all

If you think about it even slightly it should be pretty obvious that there isn't going to be an animation for spear pulling the centipede out of the Ape's kneecap. It only works during the one clear setpiece animation which leaves him flat on the floor with his neck facing you for like 5 seconds.

>this thread
youtu.be/WtXLZUhcoDI
try growing up

Play Hollow Knight if you haven't.

I don't mind DoH because his first and second phases are manageable with the Fire Umbrella and his third phase you just cheese with the Malcontent.

Sword Saint, on the other hand, I hate fighting and I'm currently paused on my replay because I just don't want to even try to fight him.

Lol dude just spam him and he'll barely be able to attack and block when he does. Literally an easy fight. You are going to be fucked when you get to Owl or some shit.

Activision only published in America and has no input or ownership whatsoever on the content of the game.

I kind of think they won't do DLC and will just do a sequel instead.

Genichiro and Lady Butterfly too high

I agree that it is a bit dumb they pull the "jk I actually have more lives" shit too often but cmon.

You have to presses R2 twice. Once to stab him and once to pull it out. It took me a couple runs to realize this but its really easy once you know. The window of time is huge.

You have to press R2 twice, once to stab and once to pull. There is no way to miss it.

You are delusional if you think this game has half the bugs as any Dark Souls game.

>corrupted monk 1 above 2
their first phase is exactly the same
corrupted monk 2 second phase can be bypassed entirely by a midair deathblow
third phase is a cake walk because any perilous attack is just that centipede attack to which you can you can just walk to the side and keep attacking
Do most people not realize you can just skip second phase corrupted monk 2?

fuck I meant
>corrupted monk 2 above 1
because 1 was harder than 2

You can just cheese her by running back down the path and her AI will break when she reaches the limit on her range. Any mini boss without grey fog doors can be fought this way.

>i wish i could fight all of them whenever i wanted.

It's really not hard to do this.

Attached: 1529252097898.png (772x260, 19K)

Corrupted Monk 2 is more kino because of the setting and the nasty centipede transformation.

But yeah Monk 1 is harder. Though I beat Monk 1 before doing any of Senpou Temple or fighting the Ape, so that might have impacted it. I'm sure Monk 2 is harder on a No Upgrades run.

>99 attack
do you OHKO everything or how does that work

>19
goddamn how many hours do you have

> Being Shinobi
>Not being Kensei

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.

You didn't grow.
You didn't improve.
You took a shortcut and gained nothing.

You experienced a hollow victory.
Nothing was risked and nothing was gained.

It's sad that you don't know the difference.

Unironically at least once player should complete all game without items, skills and tools. Bosses are made to be completed without tools(unless feather for edge cases like DoH melee charge), you guys literally miss a lot of fun puzzles to solve and instead skip these puzzles or even use "guides". Literally pathetic.

Attached: 1555061229029.jpg (1282x1080, 894K)

Nope. You deal as much damage as NG.
It is a short game so 130 hours.

>You deal as much damage as NG.
Then what even is the point of 99 atk?

Geni is WAY harder than any of the apes

pro tip, you can break this old hag by spamming RB>right dash

she won't block anything and just gets melted

Why the fuck are you even playing Sekiro if everything is "braindead and piss easy"

I beat the game yesterday. This fight and the end boss took me the longest to learn. They're pretty good fights and I had a lot of frustration and fun doing them.

Scabbing from the fucking odachi stuck in his neck.

I forgot to mention there's a few side bosses I've yet to do though.

>Also Headless Ape is a nightmare if you don't have the firecrackers
I beat him without firecrackers
the first phase was a little rough but never felt too difficult, just had to figure out the timing of his attacks and deflect or move around and hit his head
second phase was almost too easy and I beat it on the first try

This is the first From Software game that I played before the dlcs were out. So I guess this is how that feels. I can't wait.

To keep up with enemies health and posture increase.

ahem

fuck snake eyes
fuck the sunken valley
and fuck the headless

what the fuck I don't remember okami commenting after he says his name

Does he talk mid battle anywhere else? executions aside

I guess this list is based on his first playtrough.

pretty sure you are supppsed to be defensive and parry him in phase two because his posture regen is ass

monk is bullshit. some of her attacks are unblockable without being perilous. fucking hate when the only way to make a boss challenging is to change the rules. get fucked miyazaki I will spam firecrackers and drop deathblow her every time

>having problems with snake eyes

He talks at beginning of Lady Butterfly fight.

not him but the first snake eyes in the poison area was bullshit

It is not unblockable though. Monk upward left swing can break your posture in one hit if you cant deflect it.

are the two mini bosses in the water as hard as they seem? I get wrecked by them.

>some of her attacks are unblockable
that attack that damages you through block with no warning kanji in addition to the rest of that fight had me livid. Looking back after just defeating it though I thought it wasn't as hard as a fight as I made it out to be.

The Underwater Headless?

I just stayed closed and hit them until they died. I also saved them until the very end of the game. They only have one HP bar unlike other Headless.

snake eyes is very easy
>always perfect parry the first hit
>when she does her kick and gun followup you can dash forward to avoid getting shot and get a free hit
>her grab can be parried too
>weak to poison and fire

I"ll have to pay attention to it in my next play through then because it sure seemed like it was the case.

the fountainhead palace combo

Yeah I saved all but 1 until the end of the game also and didn't have much trouble with them at that point.

>no cheese

Are his arms burnt to shit cause he's fucking with lightning or is he all blackened for some other reason?

Let's her come to you. I find out she only use that attack if you attack her first.

I was like you until the game clicked with me. I dont know what it is but at some point you "get" the game and it becomes fun. its like learning to play dark souls from scratch again