Well?

well?

Attached: Yeh.jpg (1280x901, 397K)

Other urls found in this thread:

byond.com/members/Falacy?tab=index
tgstation13.org/wiki/Downloading_the_source_code#Hosting_a_server
youtube.com/watch?v=rHKwFVPY9Z4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hmm yes, it's about that time again. Thank you for reminding me that I am due for my annual month-long excursion into spessmen.

fuck sseth

>try to get my usual dose every couple months
>Servers are full because normalfags, so some chucklefuck probably made another storytime video

Thanks for the heads up, I'll hold off for a few weeks. They will be gone by then. They always are

Having more people want to play the game isn’t a bad thing. Instead of getting mad that “normies” are playing it because someone talked about “muh sekret club,” get mad that nobody is doing anything about the lack of servers. Or fuck, even posting the game to something that isn’t Byond.

oneyplays just did a video on it

I thought they fixed that

>can't get into base ss13 anymore because i permanently burnt myself out
>can only get into FO13 and VOREstation

Attached: 1553366586986.jpg (757x568, 87K)

the servers have been flooded ever since the sseth video, haven't played in months

they're still flooded? I thought they'd get bored eventually

I hopped on the vore server after the latest boatbomber video but no one fucking talks to me. I get maybe one or two lines of regular small talk then people bail. I thought this would be the most degenerate of degenerate servers. What the heck.

Attached: 1556575213620.jpg (269x263, 20K)

>vore servers

Attached: f4d.png (600x448, 296K)

I want to try this game out. Are servers still getting fucked over?

>It's the same fucking cargo story again

there's nothing wrong with people coming in to learn how to play the game, but when the entire servers are filled with people being chucklefucks that aren't RPing or even attempting to do their roles then it gets annoying

being mad that people aren't even trying isn't mutually exclusive to wanting better servers/better engines either. There are at least 12 different projects of remaking SS13 in something that isn't complete shit, but they are all in a state of limbo for a number of reasons.

Attached: heavy hold the fuck up.jpg (400x400, 74K)

>Or fuck, even posting the game to something that isn’t Byond
You sound like someone who is new to ss13. This has been tried countless times, but none have been completed thus far. There are a few promising remakes in the works currently.

The issue with an influx of new players is that they all want to recreate what they saw their favorite youtube personality doing. This results in a very large number of inexperienced players running around and clicking things untill they go horizontal, or generally fucking up everyon else's fun. Long time players have a legitimate reason to be wary or even mad about new players drawn in from a popular youtube video. Not much can be done about it with the current state of the servers. Just wait it out, then proceed to teach those new players that decided to stick around, because they saw the value in the game.

The sad reality is that the vast majority of these new players have no interest in interacting with other people within the game.

Sseth and Oneyplays both made vids recently. Oney's wouldn't be a big deal since he makes them once in a while anyway, but it's exacerbated by the other fag.

I trip out on acid/Angel and mine on /vg/ station daily. Come fight me nerds.

average of 80 pop on my usual server, and before that I considered a population of 40 uncomfortably crowded depending on the map.

it's not as bad as people say but its definitely more enjoyable if your both a total degenerate and good at writing

Attached: 1533504354926.png (1920x1080, 849K)

Yeah, every kind of degenerate action you can think of. I'm riding the hype train and just started like yesterday. I'm getting used to the controls so I'm using this freaky server to use it. People seem nice and I've only seen one unironical hir

Damn. The servers don't lag or crash anymore do they?

looks fun

What's the best SS13 server? /tg/station was the go-to a few years back, but I haven't played in forever.

I wouldn't know, but they seem playable. I'm just waiting until things return to comfypop

Go play on /vg/ station. No one cares how new you are as long as you arent a total fuckwit and the only people that will complain will do it in the general which come on who fucking cares about that

Paradise is my favorite. People hate on it for a lot of legitimate reasons, but in my opinion it has a good mix of roleplay and memery, ideal round length (1.5-2 hrs average), and a general atmosphere that is conducive to enjoyment and immersion.

/vg/

space asshole

bump

Lifeweb is better. SS13 hasn't been good for ages.

what's life web

What is the most beginner friendly job to start with? I've been walking around as a janitor mopping random tiles that look just a little scruffy for like 2 hours now.

MUH SEKRIT CLUB

First you go for the Clown.

why

Cargo tech. Actually talk with with the other techs, miners n' QM. Cargo is normally pretty chill.

Not an argument

Thank you user. I've heard good things about cargonia.

MEDIC TO SEC, HES TURNING HER INTO A PAPA JOHNS

Brought my server back to life in the burning flames of metafriend butthurt.
Fuck bayfags and fuck lowpop.

Massive influxes of people at best lead to no noticeable changes. The majority of the time though you'll experience vast drops in quality.

How's librarian? Is there any specific thing I should know when going in?

ONE DAY

No one will give two shits about you or your job the vast majority of the time.

Reporter, crime scene chaser jake gyllenhaal style, archivist (to the point of greedy hoarding), smut peddling degenerate, actual librarian, fa/tg/uy, wannabe occultist, so much more, the sky and the depths of shamelessness are the limit.

Yeah but can I walk around the station most of the time whenever I want?

/tg/ turned them into curators, essentially Indiana Jones complete with whip. Go tomb raiding in Lavaland for sweet loot after you've convinced the HoP to give you mining access. That or read WGW and get lynched.

Drop me off at Tilted Towers

No one actually expects you to sit behind your desk as the librarian.

Be Trayzn the Archivist. That will get attention.

who do you play

Do they still let you blow up the ship by pumping nitrogen into the engine that you can break into with a mutlitool?

>read WGW over high volume common channel
>get smited by the gods AND have bluespace shit drop on me
>live with yellow health because explorer suit fortified with 3 Goliath plates
get fucked admin shits

Attached: 1556740731458.gif (200x318, 34K)

Protip: There will be NO quality to speak of if nobody plays

Alright, but that wasn't a problem.

>given multiple reasons for why it's bad for people to just rush in without trying to learn
>ignore them all and spout memes because you want to try to fit in
just fuck off already. most SS13 servers welcome new people as long as they aren't faggots about it

Attached: coyote hatred.jpg (354x386, 61K)

A completely new character to the server. I just figured out how to use my headset so you probably don't want any sort of guidance from me when it comes to the server. Still I am really enjoying the server so far.

Fun when it's a tense survival spessman simulator, cringe when it's a hugbox ERPfest admin powertripping simulator.

what position is best

Engineer. Trying to keep shit running while everything starts going to shit and trash talking the rest of your team just can't be beat.

Man, why do other BYOND games even try? I legit haven't seen a single other BYOND game go over like 200 people in the 8 years that I've been using it and frankly Ive never tried the nonzetarips. What could possibly go wrong in trying to compete with SS13's autism?

Scientist because you get to fuck around with science which there's not even really a guide for.

>last 8 years
Yikes, it really has been that long.

completely subjective
chem is pretty fun, but being a comfy bartender or janitor is also good too
janitor is also unironically the most important job in some servers because people are are more prone to acting like retards when the server looks like a blood orgy took place in a pig pen

Chemist because you can make useful chemicals like space cleaner, and meth, or at least you'll blow up the entire chemistry lab trying, which is just as fun.

My personal favorite though, is janitor, because watching people fall over is funny. I am a simple man.

Geneticist or Roboticist. Hands down.

Engineer.
>april fools, there are dozens of clowns everywhere
>everything is horrible and scary
>me, an engineer, is going around fixing various things, setting up power and singularities
>listening to Labyrinth soundtrack followed by radiohead while going about my constant engineering business
>see clowns fuckingshit up everywhere but stay away for the most part
>finish engineering and just chill
>escape shuttle docks, board it and leave with one other clown
Comfiest round in my life.

I tried for like 30 minutes and really couldn't get the hang of it, maybe I'll try again I always wanted to enjoy this.

>clean everything up
>someone just comes up to you and fucks you up

Have the servers calmed down yet?

I started BYOND with DBZ Heroes United if thats what youre asking.
byond.com/members/Falacy?tab=index
the guy who made it snapped lol

After the weekend is over things should be back to normal.

I feel like i'd like this game more if I was more competent at roles that were conducive to funny nonsense. As is, I like being a cop because beating people unconscious is hilarious and having validation for my police brutality is intoxicatingly good, but the only time I ever played something remotely complicated was Chemist, and the other chemist carried my ass.
How is engineering and science? What do you even *do*? Do you get alerts ala Redmen?

nope

next week they should

>be cultist
>fellow cultist is a fucking retard and gets me valid hunted after leaving runes at my work place without concealing
>next round, be engi
>play with the same fucking retard again
>gets a hardsuit and tries to set up SME
>fucks up without being antag, gets heavily irradiated and fired by CE
Seriously, how fucking hard is it for some retards to read the wiki?

can I join now? I wanna try it

I tried it. Really fucking fun. Just no where to learn how to play. Wiki is different for all servers. Controls are weird.

Sure, just click right there to join.

user, you can join whenever you like. The truth about SS13 is that even when the servers get flooded, having new blood is always good. A) because some will stay, B) because new players are easily manipulated.

The controls are fine, retard. Just read the wiki for the server you play on then.

Pick one server, stick with it.
Learn the hotkeys. Important ones are WASD to move, tab to switch between talking and movement (but most just use the talking hotkeys), left click on objects to pick them up, x to switch hands. This is all you need to know.

byond cuck

/tg/station servers aren't being DDoS'd anymore for now

ss13 has always been a shit game, and would have stayed a dead shit game had goonstation not fagged it up and made it a haven for faggots

It's even better when they immediately walk through the halls and irradiate everyone else

Only things to know is, on /tg/, your whip can disarm people at range, and you spawn able to speak all languages, but you have to use the language menu button next to your hands to switch. Also on /tg/, you don't actually have access to the display cases in your room, so take the key out of your pocket and space it

ur shit

SPACE ASSHOLE

Attached: magane laughing.gif (500x281, 1.19M)

team banned on paradise represent

Attached: 1553895875840.jpg (500x500, 96K)

go to character prefs and immediately turn off anything that isnt assistant job and traitor antagonist. Start on Sybil/Basil because rounds tend to be quicker incase you get cucked at round start or spawn and once you learn the UI on TG youll have it everywhere else pretty much. Learn hotkeys and don't be afraid to ahelp/wiki shit you dont understand most servers have their own wiki.

Depends on the round. In a perfect extended round, xenobio scientist is amazing, because half of the job requires an hour of setup

Wait what? He did? How so? I remember talking to him a couple of time.
>tfw going ssj and blowing craters was really fun

>try ss13 once every two years
>it's literally unplayable from the lag

Paste the link and all the posts between "Welcome to BYOND" and "Something Interesting"

Only played on /tg/ so not sure how much it carries over, but engineering has around a half dozen things that cause alerts so the only thing you have to actively look for is broken shit, your job is to help get one of the power sources working at the start of the round, then fix the dumb shit assistants and toxins does to the station.
Science is split into 3 major parts, RnD gains and spend research points by doing fuckall and getting drunk, and you're expected to go around and upgrade machines when you get better parts. Xenobiology is focused around feeding slimes until they split, then killing the baby slimes and harvesting cores from them, which you can either inject with different materials to get quick results, or feed 10 of a kind to a slime to get special results that are overpowered normally.
Toxins is focused around making bombs using fuel tanks, then detonating them in a sealed chamber to generate fast research points. On long rounds mining might ask for some bombs to help clear out bigger parts of lavaland
/tg/ has Nanites as a third area, and nobody ever does it
The only issue with science is if something goes wrong, you'll find out when you've gone deaf and lost an arm

Play on /vg/'s server. It's pretty lag-free usually.

Check your client version.

I was having crippling lag on /vg/station only to discover that my client was massively outdated - an update fixed everything.

I spent my first real round bashing myself with a metal board because I couldn't figure out how to drop shit. I've reached the point where I'm almost competent enough to play head roles in a couple of months. The game gets easier and more fun the longer you play

>/tg/ remove circuits and kept nanites
>people rarely even use nanites

I see people use nanites every now and then on Terry

Fun story, actually
>quiet round as scisec
>someone set up a public nanit bay out in front of science early on
>everyone jups in over time because raccoon syndrome, something like 75% of the server had them
>around an hour in, get a message saying something feels wrong
>explode
>scientist in front of my post explodes
>next 20 seconds are a smooth, mellow night of distant explosions
>turns out scientist was a traitor and killer queen'd everyone with the nanites

/tg/

/vg/ is for rejects of /tg/

>killer queen'd
Nice ebin Jojo reference
I hope everyone with a Jojo ic name finally gets banned soon, same with that JC Denton nigger.

Always wanted to try the game out after one of the /vg/ generals caught my eye a few years ago, but was and still is put off by the amount of autism required to do one's job properly, or at least more autism than i can handle.
I'm sure it's fun though.

They got rid of Tyrone Didnuf, hopefully it's just a matter of time

Very few job have to be done properly to make the station run. Just don't spawn as a sec officer or an engineer until you know how things work

You can just do the basics of your job and dick around afterwards

Captain, HoP, and RD just cucked a nuke ops team out of their round by calling the shuttle as soon as the team showed up, then launching immediately. How does Yea Forums feel about stealing someone's nuke round like that?

If OPs can't activate the nuke within 10 minutes they're shit

Ahelp them
I also got cucked out of a traitor round yesterday because I got arrested by a powergaming captain faggot who saw me come out of maintenance and proceeded to immediately drag me to surgery to check if I have storage implants.

I wish lag was my only priblem with byond client. Game randomly freezes ob me and reconnecting does not help, only restarting the client

Attached: 1556078796846.jpg (900x601, 251K)

I have seen that happen before too, it is the sole reason I never jump inside public nanite machines

Now it's stuck in my head

Relevant note, an admin on a /tg/ server rod'd a wizard who was hiding and doing nothing all round

it's shit thanks to sseth

>game is now full with ADD monkeys making every round 20 minutes long and half the jobs pointless

It was shit before sseth, take off the rose colored glasses user, the only difference is it's not entirely made of people making autismforts now

>instead of roleplaying in a roleplaying game, people now powergame and grief to make le funneh stories
How is that good again?

I'm not surprised this is following the same route that TTRPGs went.

more and more I've been considering getting into SS13 but don't really know how or when to start
how long is the average round/game?
how long would it take to memorize the hotkeys?
what are some basic rule of thumb tips you could give someone just starting out?

>was the first guy to find out that tentacles can be moved with mechs
>get like 3 of them on the station and kill the mobs on lavaland
>get bwoinked despite being a tator tot
>admun says I'm exploiting a bug

The game is way easier to learn than people make it out to be, just get into it and you'll learn it quickly unless you're straight up retarded.

>playing on TGstation

yeah there we go servers destroyed mission accomplished

Attached: ssethandoney.png (1064x1120, 265K)

I've been playing a lot lately it's fun

Attached: a0513777748_11.jpg (800x1300, 169K)

Alright well that's good to know
Shouldn't be too difficult to figure out how to get it running

If you ever see a player named "Nathan Zabloaf", fucking kill him for me.

Attached: 1307728310763.jpg (111x107, 10K)

I gave the clown full access.

Nah, Robo is literally the most boring and shit job. There's literally nothing to do and you just stand around waiting for something interesting to happen.

Stop stealing my robo slot

>Heard stories of SS13. Didn't think such a awesome sounding game could exist so didn't think on it.
>Years later, Sseth posts about it forcing me to acknowledge it. Memes aside, it sounds wonderful for the RP and just generally how mechanics function.
>Supposed difficulty curve makes me reconsider. Also don't wanna be a Ssethtider. Genuinely interested in learning my role, be a Bartender or cook.
>Don't think there's a way to run around an empty station and get my bearings.

It's a crazy kind of feel.

Attached: 1541638447367.jpg (1384x640, 45K)

>Don't think there's a way to run around an empty station and get my bearings.
Host a private server
tgstation13.org/wiki/Downloading_the_source_code#Hosting_a_server

is there a Yea Forums guide to SS13?

>>someone just comes up to you and fucks you up
thats how important they are

k

Just fumble your way through it until you get it, don't play security or head roles, and just follow someone else in your department until you figure it out

Just play it, faggot. Bartender and cook are some of the easiest roles and no one will care if you suck at them.

Just play janitor. You spawn in your own little private closet and you can just fuck around until you learn the controls and then go clean the floor and shit.

not sure

I have never played on a server that lets me choose janitor even at the start of a new round. I only ever have things like cook or bartender or no role at all.

Then play those two, they're really easy and teach you basic controls, crafting and chem mixing. You won't get banned for sucking or anything unless you murderbone or write stupid shit.

bill

I tried playing them both and both times someone immediately came into my room and killed me, so I stopped playing

ahelp and get them banned
Or learn how to CQC as cook

There’s a wiki for every server. Including /vg/

thanks man

>vore server
w-what

Attached: 1556795734710.png (247x292, 47K)

>that one time someone from /vg/ went to the vore server and jizzed on the station so much that the shuttle got called

>pick Librarian
>become a journalist
>spend the round following people, taking photos, getting the big scoop
>write mountains of shit about them
>get lynched
>???
>win

or just DM a game of D&D until someone inevitably drops a bomb under the table.

Attached: 1420085692835.png (480x3288, 97K)

becoming a chef but refusing to make anyone food because they dont understand your fine tastes

>he doesn't know

>>Don't think there's a way to run around an empty station and get my bearings.
Read and learn
>go to /vg/ station's github
>download the code
>load it up in dreamweaver
>host your own local server
>give yourself admin powers
>start a round
>log into your own private 1 man server as a player
>fuck around and have fun
there's certain specific shit you have to do to get it going but it's a lot of fun.
also most servers have a test server you can basically freely dick around in with no conscequence. just jump in a random test server like vg's and fuck around learning the controls for a bit.

Here's a recent story. Recent being like, months old maybe.
>Roll a round while getting my bearings back and learning the game again
>Syndicate
>Distracted with bullshit, but whatever, sure
>Don't know what the fuck I'm doing
>Glorious communist leader declares war
>We take 15 minutes to properly ready up, not sped up at all by my stupid ass
>Loadout is thermal eye implant, force field syndie suit, and an LMG with 10 backup magazines(?) of flame, regular, and armor piercing
>Plus some useless slips, a tool belt, and some c4 with my spare shit
>Start
>Fumble out of the shuttle below AI chamber, manage to slip into engineering below the escape shuttle
>Comrades mercilessly gun down engineers who didn't realize the danger while I cautiously try to venture out of engineering
>Didn't bring a fucking e-mag
>Comrade helps me out of engineering with his
>Two comrades have disappeared at this point
>I shoot down some rando who was investigating like the chump I am
>Two comrades I'm with expertly disable comms
>I dick around there for a few minutes, AI attempts to lock me in using emergency airlocks, but my dumb ass brought a crowbar
>See one missing comrade in atmos entrance with HOS
>Shutters close
>Boom
>They are closing in
>Wanting to avenge my comrade, I plant some c4 on the right engie lobby wall to bust into atmos
>Boom
>Rush in, pop an unaware atmosian with a shotgun
>Boom
>Get into a gunfight upon noticing the lobby is now filled with people
>Those people are now filled with lead
>Second comrade down
>After discussing with apparently my only living comrade, I go for the nuke disk
>Lurk in maint, blasted with dragonfire rounds the second I try exiting into the main hallway
>Heal myself with medkit I brought
>Break into mining
>Have an extremely awkward fight where I test flame LMG rounds on a miner who is not deterred
>Change ammo mid-fight and gun him down regularly
>Use his ID to get into cargo, where the disk is
>Lone lawyer just kind of standing there

kek

What good servers are out there? Right now I'm playing on baystation.

>Not taking any shit, I pump him full of lead without hesitation
>I have enough time to get the disk off of him before he gets up like a fucking zombie
>Talks shit, shooting me a couple of times without much effect
>Cap him again for good measure
>Literally encounter no one in my entire 15 minute struggle to get the nuke on station before the shuttle leaves
>Do it
>Set timer to the lowest it can be, sit there like it's capture the flag or some shit
>No one shows up
>Get on shuttle with 30 seconds to spare
>Go get pizza and pet the carp a little bit
>Spacers fail to emergency depart the shuttle
>Boom, APC destroyed, mission accomplished
>Find out that besides the two I saw, the other two ops died of stupidity- With one managing to give himself a lethal virus
>Greentext anyways

>botanist
>roll traitor
>plant deathnettles
>also make 100 pot bluespace tomatoes, add hypodermic prickles, electrical activity and mime juice
>put tomatoes all over the station, get a few people spaced with teleports
>people demand to get me lynched but somehow don't get to it

/vg/ is the only good server

You mean TG
/vg/ is full with furries and trannies, it also looks and plays like shit.

think you have things backwards, mate
TG is the one that's full of furries and trannies (that also looks and plays like shit)

Memes aside, I want a good combination of roleplay and action and it should stay mostly lag free.

Attached: tumblr_n8q6e40Et91rqej3wo5_500.gif (500x271, 388K)

is /vg/ good?

then you're fresh out of luck, mate
might as well just stop playing the game

Explains why all the generals are full with trannies and Vox posters, also why your server has catbeasts and TG doesn't.

because reply to this or your mother will die in her sleep

No, it's just 20 or so people trying to play while 4 or 5 run around screaming "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" and try to kill everyone else

Fuck you

Attached: 1556806609981.png (500x860, 735K)

catbeasts are there just to be valid. Don't act like your liggers are any better than vox.

its shit, but its better than every other server

The only role I played that I liked was librarian, and I just stacked shelves with books about how to blow up the station and asked people not to run in the library

is it ssethtards or the server in general

>When you've been playing for 5 years but you still just run around screaming "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" and getting losers mad
Get on my level. Buy doritos and mountain dew baha blast, scrub.

I really don't care what you do on your server. I'm sure you'd prefer new people didn't try it so that's all I'm trying to help with

/vg/ is cursed because their attempt to be exclusionary in order to avert themselves from the "sludge" of the game only creates a tight knit group of people who play personality politics and cronyism while they leap upon every new player as though they're the biggest shitter on the planet.

I really want to learn how to play this. by the old players seem as cancerous as they claim new people would be

>tfw you play and no one interacts with you
Makes me want to tear apart the ship every time.

>New player picks a job and then sits in the corner without interacting with people
>WHY AREN'T YOU GUYS PAYING ATTENTION TO MEEEEE
You gotta go out and talk to people on the ship while doing your job instead of holding yourself up in chem/medical/research/whatever the fuck
just like real life

Attached: dratini.png (378x314, 171K)

This

Half his stories are just shit his discord friends told him

Unfunny retard

this

I'm gonna play it

Baystation if you want heavy roleplay but you'll get banned if you actually know how to do anything and dont pretend to be a retard 24/7

Yogstation is like the above but much toned down on the RP and they wont ban you for applying first aid to yourself.

Hippie/TG if you want a team deathmatch wild ride with no rules against metagaming so you can just scream shit like "CLOWN IS ANTAG!" on OOC and no-one'll care.

Colonial Marines if you want something different but want 3-4h long rounds where admins cheat to make aliens win 9/10 times.

Vore if you want to jizz on things, crawl up inside peoples asses or want to swallow people whole only to shit them out whole later on in the round.

Goon if you want lag, a unique station and unique game mechanics but lots of metaclubbing. They also have the coolest away missions and special events of all the servers imo.

/vg/station if you want the most lag-free server with multiple maps, solid code and the least cancerous playerbase (well still cancer but compared to other servers), but strict rules about IC/OOC and metagaming and they removed Changeling and did weird shit to the Cult gamemode because "it's too hard waaaaah".

Overall: Beware of furries and trannies on every server except /vg/. /vg/station has a strict "kill catbeasts/lizardmen on sight" rule so everyone'll openly drop what they're doin to lynch a furry.
My recommendations: Once you learn the controls and basic mechanics use /vg/station as your main station and keep your nose clean (ie: dont be a retard and get banned) and use other stations as your playgrounds for trying new shit or for a change from /vg/station.
TG and /vg/ share the same banlists (maybe more servers) so careful, if you get banned on one server you might get banned on a few. Getting banned is basically permanent, it bans your motherboard's ID number so you cant really play again without either appealing or buying a new PC.

Attached: 1437918516791.gif (702x600, 1.25M)

TG and /vg/ don't share a banlist

jeez dude.

maybe I'm not ready to play this.

forgot to add
PS: Dont engage with or interact with the community whatsoever.
Turn off OOC chat.
Never visit any server forums, discords or the /vg/ thread.
Avoid the cancer.
Just enjoy the game or you'll end up becoming one of the bitter narcissistic assholes that most of the community is.
They complain about shitters and newfags and "omg halp someone grif me" and have forgotten how to have fun years ago.
Just put on some good Simcity2000/Theme Hospital/RRTycoon MIDIs, get immersed in the game and have fun.

Attached: 1449265408193.gif (480x480, 2.1M)

fuck why are the bans so strict

What was that paid, gory and russian station fork called?

BYOND is basically late 90's spyware. Random fact; every SS13 screenshot has the IP address of the player hidden in every tile watermarked on every tile on the screen.

Just take it slow. Pick a server, find its wiki, and do some research on some of the low impact jobs like botanist that let you get the general feel of things and not be expected to pull a lot of weight.

>play deaf, mute janitor
>quietly mop the station oblivious to all the bullshit happening around you
>run for the shuttle when everything starts flashing red

Attached: 1402474682741.png (768x426, 61K)

based user

is it best to go on more relaxed rule servers before /vg/?

Looks fun

Does anyone know how the open-source remakes of the ss13 are going? Im aware 3 remakes are currently being done

I think all are in limbo

>people calling TG /tg/
>people advocating for TGstation at all

They're not strict, just don't be a bumbling retard and you won't get banned.

I'm also curious haven't heard anything

yeah if you feel like you need to, i say go to a casual server like TG and just fuck around. Your first 2 or 3 rounds will be confusing but fun as you have no idea what shit's going on while you're bashing yourself in the head with a crowbar learning how to use your hands

Attached: 1531779336799.webm (948x952, 1.79M)

all are dead, as per usual
I just want whoever was making it in Doom to just fucking finish it.

Attached: 1471337082801 (1).jpg (1920x1080, 281K)

gunna post a few more webms.
wish I had more of these time lapses

Attached: 1531439369964.webm (426x400, 2.08M)

why can't anyone remake it

Attached: 1414214265513.webm (960x540, 1.08M)

>some guy on my local chat starts ss13 server
> adminalways plays as captain
>other powerplayers only play as medics drug new players, never help others
>its always traitor game
>new players always get mauled in first 5 min of the round by powerplayers
>cargo, mining, kitchen not functioning because its dethmatch 90% of the time

Fuck this shit. Last time I played with local community

Attached: 1555027009002.png (476x372, 242K)

it's not

>Want to play ss13
>Don't want Byond on PC

Tough Choices

The kitchen needs to function?

it usually goes
>"hey guys, I'm gunna start a project to make SS13 seperate from byond/3D/in X game engine!"
>ok sure cool w/e
>few months pass
>some cool screenshots or a couple of videos come out
>looks promising
>people throw thousands in patreon $$$ at it
>creator takes the money and vanishes knowing they've made an easy $10k
>no-one realizes what's happened until there's been no progress updates for 6months beyond "yeah just working on some more stuff :^)"

so here's another timelapse

Attached: 1531442903980.webm (500x282, 2.43M)

Attached: 1439862318902.webm (382x291, 372K)

Attached: 1547102108063.webm (370x748, 354K)

Well not really, but he want new people to try this game and start with easy jobs. Im not autistic about roleplay, but I think a bit more rp would benefit this server. If i I want deathmatch then I rather play based Soldat

space asshole

Attached: 1547775258431.webm (634x634, 2.83M)

Attached: 1531452458709.webm (954x946, 975K)

eh 3d ss13? sounds bad

what's wrong with byond?

cute mushroom

Attached: 1533798344267.webm (640x636, 2.95M)

I wish i had the autism required to enjoy this game. I just wanted to say i hope you all have fun playing spessmen.

Attached: final frontier.jpg (478x355, 35K)

Will there ever be a successful remake/port of this? BYOND gets too slow in longer games, it's too irritating. I miss this game.

Would ss13 work on ragnarok online engine?

Server?

Attached: 1531694166799.webm (852x480, 2.9M)

they allow for both degeneracy and absolutely hilarious shit like putting your security wingman up your butt to give him a sneak attack when you get stunn'd and cuff'd
or doing a conga line of being eaten so that everyone in the bar can fit into one firesuit to get to the shuttle

Attached: DC 80 escape artist check.gif (460x244, 1.38M)

maybe if a passionate user/player with time actually can go through it then it can happen

/vg/station.
they have Dwarf Fortress rounds once in a while, where everyone has 10min or something to grab important shit from the station and evacuate to the asteroid before the station's destroyed, then everyone works together to build a new station on the asteroid.

>mfw the Doom remake got this fucking far and again, fucking creator vanished/gave up

Attached: 1461619187337.webm (640x400, 1.65M)

>redditstation has a shittier playerbase and adminbase than the fucking VOREstation
>they have literally 0 links to 4chin
>they still have the gall to call themselves /tg/

For whatever it's worth, I can help out with the graphics n shit, been doing pixels for years now.

Did that guy just turn in to a blob?

I just want a playable SS13, god damn that looks playable.

that'll help since isn't pixel art very time consuming?

Looks hella neat, best 3d so far

Attached: The Emergency Shuttle has been called.webm (960x404, 2.99M)

FUUUUUUCK

Attached: robust advice.png (1395x563, 105K)

Imagine being so bad, you have to powergame to survive

I will now play your game

>don't powergame
>traitor kills you
Based and deadpilled

Attached: 1419928848215.png (393x694, 473K)

Attached: 1405315075278.jpg (1008x408, 121K)

>not making kudzu that's deadlier and more destructive than blob and taking over the entire station in under 5 minutes

Attached: 1405317875113.jpg (1008x408, 312K)

Attached: 1405320468875.jpg (1008x414, 185K)

it's usually only veteran players who powergame and grief in my experience, new players can't cause that much harm anyway since they dont know how

Attached: 1405385541035.jpg (1008x408, 62K)

Is there an infographic for retards that dont want to spend the time reading wiki (if there is one)?
Post it

Attached: 1557048607315.png (500x464, 116K)

It's better to read the wiki

>he doesnt rush sunglasses, soap, insuls and the spare within 5 minutes every round

just log in, pick an easy job with no responsibility like Cargo Tech and play
game's fucking easy.

Attached: 1405387164353.jpg (1008x408, 173K)

Read the general ruruus and tips&basics shit on wiki, then get an easy ass job.You can ask how to do your job to your colleauges and people will generally decide NOT to lynch you if you are new anyways.Experiment.

:/

My dumb little user, 1 or 2 wiki pages generally have just as many words as the infographics you want
Dont be scared.

Just play an easy role that doesn't need a wiki

Dont the hardsuits give some rad protection though?

>no interest in interacting with other people within the game
Usually when I do that, I end up dead and my body is thrown into the recycle bin.
So I mostly make Space Drugs and get high.
Eventually I make Space Lube, pour it into a sprayer and spray it in places with the most traffic like medical bay or cafeteria.
Eventually I rush for a syringe gun and share my share of Spess Drugs

Attached: parrotparty.gif (465x280, 2M)

>do a lot of dev work
>loads of pixel art
>rewrite entire sections of the game and document it
>no one cares

Truly being a dev-fag for ss13 is the worst.

Attached: 1516001328474.jpg (250x246, 7K)

Only the CE suit does

They give like 75% I think while rad suits give 100%

>not making a durand and forcing something to happen
fag

Whenever i get to play curator, i whip the liggers and catfaggots to do the labor of people

Isn't it on steam called "unitystation"?

I watched a tutorial on being a janny and am ready to make your floors wet biiiiiiiiiiitch

Attached: 1556857921314.jpg (329x406, 18K)

youtube.com/watch?v=rHKwFVPY9Z4
How good are you at roleplaying?

Yeah but you can't play it.

the only playable SS13-related thing on Steam is unironically the SS13 mod for Rimworld that lets you build your own spess station in an asteroid belt. crazy thing is it's actually good.

>am ready to make your floors wet
lewd

Atmos suit in /vg/ is generally really good against it either way

what's it called? sounds great

Rimstation

Nigga that gave me anxiety

hey wait this isn’t /vg/

who would win in a fight, Sseth or Ymfah?

Attached: ymfah.jpg (225x225, 8K)

oh it has the ss13 graphics as well. this seems fun, ty

Yeah, fuck off back to your circlejerk for trannies and tranny orbiters
Oh wait you meant the threads not the server

Why remove the changeling /vg/tards?
It's a fun role to be stealth assassin.
I once got about 10 kills (Chaplain and Captain included) got found out,switched to my original form and went to the shuttle ready to unleash havoc in the last 20 seconds.

Changeling is fucking boring

Past your first two succ's, which require chemical aid or people will snitch and cremate you, you are unstoppable. You have ranged 50 units dosage of fucking cyanide as a power option, a chem that on 5 units alone, puts you into crit, while stunning you and making you black out.

Your armblade is baloney and most of your powers are utter shit besides cyanide sting, unless you are a mime so you can mimesting everyone into non verbality. Its 0 fun for anyone, and most of the time, not that fun to play either because balance is either SHIT or BUSTED.

tldr needs a rework vox raiders soon

For u maybe
Most boring gamemode is Revolution

yeah it doesn't look like there's ever gonna be a finished 3d port unless the dev gets some incentive, its just too big a project to handle as a side thing

Revolution is boring only when revs are newfags who don't rush heads

bump

Who /pacifist/ here? I've been on SS13 for ages now and I've never killed or attacked a single person

Attached: bob ross chilling.jpg (800x450, 96K)

It's funny how people who actually play the game praised him for blowing new life in the community but in Yea Forums we get autists like you who can't make new friends.

I'm a sadist, I killed a dipshit assistant for getting into botany and labelling my trays as "cocks", she also happened to be a traitor coincidentally

>killing people for trespass
Based and botanypilled

>The sad reality is that the vast majority of these new players have no interest in interacting with other people within the game.
And those types of players get filtered out because nobody likes them so that makes them early game targets.
This is a community based game, if you want to make it better go to fucking work.

>play chef
>use assistant to lure people in the kitchen
>murder them
>serve their flesh to people the whole game
>kill the assistant near the end when shit starts going die as the last murder
>leave for the shuttle silently

every time

I wish the game actually looked like this and played well instead of the autistic top down click fest.

You could just take corpses from the morgue

It's alright, you can still go play Skyrim