Which one should I buy if I'm only interested in multiplats?

>This is NOT a console war bait post, I'm legit looking for advice here.
>Had an old gaming PC (un-upgradable at this point), gave it to my parents when I moved out recently and only have a work laptop atm.
>I need a cheap-ish dedicated gaming/media hub, have limited space and I like collecting physical media, so a big $$$ PC investment is not in my plans right now.
>I played BB at a friend's house and except for P5, I'm honestly not interested in any of the Sony big exclusives.
>I'm WAY more into multiplats than anything else, FPS shooters and ARPGs specially. I was a huge multiplayer whore growing up and still am. Is the online population a problem over at the XBox side? Say in games like BFV or Souls series.
>The $100 price difference isn't that big for me but it's still something to consider if the gap isn't worth the extra $$$ I could use in more games.
>I'm not jumping straight into next gen when it releases for sure, it's not something that will make me hold off right now. I'm pulling the trigger now so I can enjoy the entire current gen at a decent price.
Thanks Anons, and sorry for the long bread.

Attached: xbox-one-x-vs-ps4-pro-1050x600.jpg (1050x600, 55K)

PC by an enormous margin.

pro or non pro versions?

please read.
Sorry, forgot to emphasize that. PS4 vs Xbone X

*PS4 Pro vs Xbox One X

Personally I used to be an Xbro until the Xbone and out and I was severely disappointed. I'm not a weeb so most of the Ps4 jap exclusives I'm not into, but really the only FPS you're gonna be missing out on if you go PS4 is Halo, and thats kinda shit now anyways. Ps4 will get all the same multiplats as Xbone will.

Base versions: PS4. Newer multiplats on base XB1 get screwed over hard with consistently lower resolution and framerate.
"Pro" version: Xbox One X. Outside of some anomalies it's consistently the best console version of any given multiplat. Plus, much better support for backwards compatibility if you have OG or 360 games lying around (PS4 is stuck with some upscaled PS2 games you have to buy again anyways).

>I'm WAY more into multiplats than anything else
That alone means you should get an Xbone X
PS4 is only better because of the exclusives, if they don't mean anything to you then that pay monthly thing to get lots of games from Xbox is much more interesting.

Xbone X is a better console but the software on it is horrendous, takes over an hour to install games from disc, the wifi runs like a constipated turtle, but it has a better controller for FPS and it has a bigger software library for media as in more streaming services and whatnot because it integrates with the Microsoft Store. It also looks better on a 4K TV since it runs at better resolutions.

PS4 Pro is a better all around gaming machine but with your interests I can't really recommend it unless you want to play japanese games or exclusives.

If you do go with Xbone you can get gamepass for a dollar that will give you access to a huge library of games for a month to try out. As far as Gold goes, the way it works is you keep all 360 and OG Xbox games even if you cancel you don't get to keep Xbone games. PS+ works the same except you keep nothing when you cancel, Xbone you get 4 games a month PS+ you get 2.

Halo is still fun, I hope they bring back couch MP ...
I kinda played last gen on my old PC so I don't really have a 360 library with me. Do you know which games are the anomalies on X?
I'll look into that monthly thing you talk about, sounds neat. Do you know if online MP suffers because of the lower player count?

MP is fine they do crossplay now, everything runs better on the X it's the base version where they run like crap, Halo is coming to PC.

atleast get it for bloodborne

its like dark souls mixed with lovecraft

PS4 Pro if you want PSVR otherwise Xbone X

I've already played Bloodborne though, and if I don't deny the possibility of buying a PS5 next gen so I could still play it later.
I just want a gaming machine for these next 2 years at least :)

I'm pretty sure for the most part 360 had better performance on multiplats than PS3, but I don't know if that's true for this gen and wouldn't be surprised if they're both equally shitty with optimization.

A GTX 1070 and an SSD?

That'd be cool but I'm not looking for a PC right now :D I'd have to spend a bunch more on peripherals/monitor and I don't have much space either.

i don't support buying consoles for multiplats over a PC, but between them i'd pick PS4 pro because i generally care a lot about japanese games and little about western games. the only PS4 exclusives i've got are persona games, but i also feel secure knowing if i hear about a new japanese game, it will probably be on PS4, and almost certainly isn't on xbox.
i can't comment on online differences because i don't pay for online for any console, that's gay.
xbone and xbone S are worse than PS4, but xbone x is better than PS4 pro.

IIRC RDR2 had some performance issues on X that weren't on PS4 Pro, though X ran at a native 4K and that's probably been patched by now.

Literally doesnt matter because they're both great gaming consoles for multiplats. Just flip a coin and buy.

An actually articulate and well informed answer. Thank you user.

Xbox One X if your going for the upgraded consoles. PS4 if your going for the base models. Xbone X has just plain better performance and resolution with some games having a 60FPS option the PS4 Pro does not and it has quite a few games that are actually native 4K and not just upscaled 1440p. Populations are definitely lower though especially in Jap games where games often have even smaller populations than PC. Though if your just playing AAA normalfag games like COD you won't have any issues with population.

Which japanese titles are you talking about? I might look into them and decide from that as well, I only looked at Sony exclusives.