Does BOTW honestly deserve to be the 6th highest rated game ever?

Does BOTW honestly deserve to be the 6th highest rated game ever?

Attached: B8EE6F04-4BEB-4250-93C3-77D4B25D13CB.jpg (760x428, 79K)

hell fucking no, everything except the layout of the world and the chemistry system sucks

probably not but most of the other highest rated games don't either

Attached: grinchs ultimatum.gif (544x560, 438K)

Doesn't even deserve to be the 6th highest rated Zelda

I honestly think obsessing over which is the "best" game is fucking stupid.

That said BotW is a solid 7/10.

It's pretty great. So great that Yea Forums still has daily contrarian threads about it, in fact.

It's genuinely a 1/10 game

of course not, Zelda's Nintendo Bonus is disgusting

> Bbbbbbut Nintendo Bonus
Cope, just a excuse that Sony fags use to cope with the fact that nobody respects their shit games except TLOU & SoTC

We all know nintendo bonus is real and your autistic denial will not change that.

Yes solely because of sheikah suit link

I love how they take a timeless formula, enjoyed by all fans, and decide to fucking make it a shitty shitbox game with ubisoft towers and crafting.

Zoomers need to eat shit and die.

>Wind Waker 96
>Twilight Princess 96
>Skyward Sword 93
>Breath of the Wild 97

"it's not real I swear, Wind Waker isn't an unfinished game and Skyward Sword is great"

>OH NONONONO
>ubisoft towers
>best exploration
>combat is shit
>combat is creative
>weapon durability
>0_days_since_v_asshurt_by_botw.jpg
>best game in the universe fuck me nintendo senpai
>this game this dumpsterfire fuck me sony senpai
/thread

I know. It's suprising not everyone in the world has your superior taste :/

> Bbbut Imaginary concept that only Sony fans try to force down everyone’s throat
Cry more

Yes. It's pretty excellent. It's the definition of a contrarian filter here on Yea Forums, too. Easily gets them to expose themselves. Kind of incredible, really.

Nice rebuttal autismo.

Yes.

Attached: Screenshot_13.png (421x367, 6K)

Damn, you did cry more.
Fucking owned.
Also

Not an argument

what are the five above it?

Attached: 1324.png (640x640, 111K)

1. Ocarina Of Time (1998) (Nintendo)
2. Chrono Trigger (1995) (Square)
3. Final Fantasy VI (1994) (Square)
4. Super Metroid (1995) (Nintendo)
5. Super Mario 64 (1996) (Nintendo)
6. Breath Of The Wild (2017) (Nintendo)
7. A Link To The Past (1991) (Nintendo)

I've got my gripes with the game but switch BotW and LttP and I aint even mad.

Attached: disguyactuallyhaspoint.gif (290x231, 975K)

>That said BotW is a solid 7/10.

Then every other Zelda game is a "solid" 6/10 on a good day.

No, it honestly deserves to be the first.

Attached: 1556920239864m.jpg (1024x576, 80K)

Sounds accurate.

>1. Ocarina Of Time (1998) (Nintendo)
meme game
>2. Chrono Trigger (1995) (Square)
meme game
>3. Final Fantasy VI (1994) (Square)
meme game
>4. Super Metroid (1995) (Nintendo)
meme game
>5. Super Mario 64 (1996) (Nintendo)
meme game
>6. Breath Of The Wild (2017) (Nintendo)
biggest meme of them all
>7. A Link To The Past (1991) (Nintendo)
meme game

NEXT

>1. Ocarina Of Time (1998) (Nintendo)
very good and iconic, but not good enough to be #1
>2. Chrono Trigger (1995) (Square)
very good game for JRPG standards, but it doesn't belong here
>3. Final Fantasy VI (1994) (Square)
same as above, but this time i can name at least 10 better JRPGs
>4. Super Metroid (1995) (Nintendo)
nice
>5. Super Mario 64 (1996) (Nintendo)
nice
>6. Breath Of The Wild (2017) (Nintendo)
top 200 of all time at best
>7. A Link To The Past (1991) (Nintendo)
nice

TP is an 8.8.

No, but RDR2 does

>Then every other Zelda game is a "solid" 6/10 on a good day.

Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess, definitely.

You haven't played very many Zelda games then.

Attached: zelda list-min.png (3101x3186, 1.64M)

Why isn't GTA IV, GTA V and RDR2 listed in this list, my Nintenfriend?

But there are higher rated games than BoTW like Tony Hawk, GTA IV etc? Is this thread only counting Nintendo games or something?

More importantly, should I care what games are reviewed as "the highest"? should I instantly love Fortnite because it makes more money in one year than most games do in a lifetime? Should I love the Ps4 because it's on pace to outsell the Ps1 and Ps2? I don't get this appeal to popularity that most console fanboys adhere to. I have no reason to care if people blindly love a product, and I don't care for sales or metacritic scores. I judge a game on its own merits and how much enjoyment I got from it.

If you seriously need groupthink to validate your video game choices, you need to sod off back to resetera.

Attached: 9any6c2ay_1H8wnyziVFqnYfm0vuN1Q1uyExlhtgPTs.jpg (437x554, 24K)

BotWfags don't like Zelda, they just pretend like they played Zelda 1 for cred

>Spirit Tracks, SS and PH that high
>FS games below TFH
You're not much better

COPE

Attached: 363463676.jpg (700x913, 109K)

>ranking SS above BOTW
>fucking Spirit Tracks that high

Don't talk about how many Zelda games people have played when you're that retarded.

>muh botw boogeyman
kill yourself you obsessed nigger, i like pretty much every zelda for different reasons

I've never understood this image, can somebody explain it for me?

>Yea Forums, a PC majority board. Is mad over a game playable on PC @ 4k 60fps

Never understood it desu. Seems to me like desperate Nintendofriends trying to have their own "Bloodborne tier" game but the only difference is, PCbros couldn't play Bloodborne and got genuinely salty over it

Just double checked, turns out ALTTP actually is higher rated than BOTW.
> 1. Ocarina Of Time (1998) (Nintendo)
> 2. Chrono Trigger (1995) (Square)
> 3. Final Fantasy VI (1994) (Square)
> 4. A Link To The Past (1991) (Nintendo)
> 5. Super Mario 64 (1996) (Nintendo)
> 6. Super Metroid (1995) (Nintendo)
> 7. Final Fantasy VII (1997) (Square)
> 8. Breath Of The Wild (2017) (Nintendo)
> 9. Super Mario World (1990) (Nintendo)
> 10. Castlevania SoTN (1997) (Konami)
> 11. Super Mario Bros 3 (1989) (Nintendo)
> 12. Resident Evil 4 (2005) (Capcom)
> 13. Metroid Prime (2002) (Nintendo)
> 14. Metal Gear Solid 3 (2004) (Konami)
> 15. Shadow Of The Colossus (2005) (Sony Japan)
> 16. Metal Gear Solid (1998) (Konami)

You first.

Attached: 1554492114364.jpg (698x1482, 198K)

rent free

Attached: 74574568956.jpg (700x913, 109K)

I like the game a lot, but sounds insane to me.

Probably. Top 3 for me.

Attached: zelda ranks.png (2306x1706, 3.86M)

I just want to know why the jannies haven't banned this image for being spam. What are they even getting paid for?

>majora's mask
>good
fucking lel

>>Spirit Tracks, SS and PH that high
Yes, they were decent, if not good games.
>>FS games below TFH
Maybe they were better in multiplayer, but any single player four swords was absolute shit.
Don't talk about other people's opinions until you justify your own.

It's another "some people on a hunnic horse saddle creation board don't like my overall standard and unremarkable open world sandbox game" episode

Attached: 1557027694139m.jpg (482x1024, 72K)

i just want to know why you still give a shit and don't get over it but then i forget you are an obsessed faggot with a tiny dick

it's another "autistic user is still butthurt about a meme image 2 years later" episode

Attached: 1493149861295.jpg (700x913, 110K)

I "give a shit" when these spammers barge into non-Nintendo threads and start attacking the games as shit because, and I quote, "they're not as good as Nintendo kino". And then they respond with that image when called out.

I was counting the games that were listed most from this picture, hence consensus. Metacritic didn’t become a thing until 2007 so most older games are rated higher because most of their reviews weren’t counted. Like Pro Skater games which left 15-30 reviews unnaccounted for. Thus inflating the score like RDR2’s Xbox One version

Attached: 1CB3D17C-FAAC-46DB-B9B7-BBF87B9D140D.jpg (3000x1932, 3.64M)

Holy shit, have sex.

>he gives a shit
where do you think you are faggot? fuck off

Attached: 69976967976.jpg (700x913, 109K)

Reminder that a literally who indie game beat BOTW to the punch, 7 years before it came out.

Attached: cover2.jpg (874x1129, 212K)

Jesus Christ is this your first time on this board? Fucking newfag

>OLD GUD
>NEW BAD

>t.

Attached: 1554043969713.jpg (638x558, 64K)

who the fuck compiles these
is it all the same autist that cares about lists that much?

Attached: elyse.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

garbage taste

There is absolutely no reason to have TP that high other than just admitting you only liked it for the aesthetics.

>wojak
I guess I couldn't ask you to challenge yourself by using something original.

Underage fuck off

Attached: souls-loz.png (1257x600, 1.16M)

I mean it's the only good 3D Zelda just for the fact that it has the fastest paced combat and the most mobile link in any 3d game.

>Everyone likes it so it must be bad.
or
>Everyone likes it so it must be good.

There is literally no inbetween when it comes to Nintendo.

If it brings immersive sim shit into AAA games, yes.

>o-oh no he used a wojak
deal with it gayboy

Attached: 6436346.jpg (880x612, 75K)

I'd like to see a tier list made by someone who's never played zelda and decided to marathon the whole series.

>ST in high tier
Why

Honestly this is the most accurate picture in the thread to me.

reminder that TLOU and TW3 are the most awarded games ever.

Only because you're a disgusting samefaggot

No idea who makes them, I just copied the picture & Copypasta to my phone and use it as shitposting fuel

Bump up ALBW and WW to B and this becomes acceptable.

Deal with what? Your unoriginality? This after you touted BOTW as one of the most creative games of all time, you couldn't be bothered to follow its example and instead chose to regurgitate the same memes from the gutter.

every now and then I get the urge to reexplore BotW all over again. It gave me a sense of wonder other open world games couldn't achieve.
I remember trying to play Just Cause 2 and there were just so many fucking quest markers and objectives I stopped playing altogether.
I don't get the feeling of being overwhelmed in BotW.

It had a really nice ost, puzzles that made me think for once,some nice minigames, and fun bosses with a really good climactic last fight.

People will shit on you but god-tier taste
>Wind Waker down where it belongs
>Oracles getting the recognition they deserve
>Understanding that 2 wasn't as bad as people think it was yet not put on a pedestal like others do with 2

TLoU is in the same boat as BotW when it comes to its disgusting amount of unwarranted praise.

ALBW is C tier because of how shameless of a rehash it is
WW is C tier because it's unfinished and lacking in content

>yet not put on a pedestal like others do with 2
It deserves it though, the combat is top notch and the dungeon layout makes it even better since you have to weigh your options to make it through.

as someone who enjoyed ST and shilled it to anti-handheld fags, it doesn't belong anywhere but mid-tier. Its overworld drags it down even when the individual towns and dungeons are good. The coop gameplay with armor Zelda is where the game truly shines for me.

There really isn't anything wrong with the overworld aside from a few bullshit sections sprinkled around. I'm not saying it's good, but it's not particularly bad overall either.

Fair enough

i would unironically love a remake of ST, the DS graphics hurt the overworld sections a lot

It's an enjoyable game. I think most of that is thanks to the art because I didn't really care to play the game proper. You can watch cloud formations propagate, look off over picturesque vistas, wander around a captivating landscape. The graphics themselves are very simple but superbly executed. The devs clearly paid a lot of attention to combining visual and audio sensory stimulation in a soothing way. Gameplay itself is just ok even rudimentary after all it's a kids game. Menu navigation blows, controls are bad, system mechanics are gimmicky and not fleshed out. They're on the right track introducing ubiquitous variables but you'll only really use them in totally-not-scripted scenarios. Too much effort was put in just copying real world elements instead of using the opportunity to introduce something more interesting than setting things alight or zapping another. Something more actionable and in the moment not requiring a dev to deliberately push you to play Simon says. Despite all the effort in copying nature everytime you use a tablet tool it completely ruins the immersion. All the tools are purposefully wacky and out of place. Combat really is the biggest letdown maybe even more than enemy design or variety. There is no depth at all you might as well be playing Witcher or AssCreed. Level design is ok if you count a big world with props lying around as acceptable. Ubisoft towers can't be overlooked either. BotW assets with something like Sekiro combat options would've deserved that score but it's still a really nice world simulator and impressive to get working on a cheap piece of dogshit like the switch.

It did look pretty bad, but I never really understood the care for graphics. Most remakes I see end up looking worse than the original versions anyway, this series is full of examples.

Wait, has Skyward Sword actually not been ported/remade/whatever to switch or any other console yet?

this company has a fetish for rehashing old zelda titles what the fuck are they doing

I think the game wants you to use the environment around you to take down enemies, hence all the Bokoblin camps laying around as a practice for various strategies.

The way the mechanics interact with each other is pretty amazing, but you have to experiment a bit.

Attached: 1508965463543.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

it doesn't look that dated compared to other games.

Attached: zelda_timeshiftstone.jpg (1600x900, 235K)

>dude you have to make your own fun
That's not fun to me. I expect a bit of challenge from any game that has combat in it. Consideringh I was bored to death despite doing a 3 heart run, this game didn't even try.

>2 years later and I am STILL seeing webms of things I never knew you could do in BoTW

for fuck sake

Unfortunately it looks cooler and more useful than it actually is.