Replay deus ex

>replay deus ex
>want to replay as a pacifist by the books cop
>keep knocking out hobos and prisoners, and executing pimps because it's funny
>want to play as a sniper with a cross-bow taking guys out from the shadows
>run out of ammo after 2 levels since the game wasn't designed around using the cross-bow as your main weapon

How do I avoid doing this?

Attached: 751_Deus_20Ex_20PS2_20Pack-PAL[1].jpg (800x1015, 214K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m68jnuTWtyE
youtube.com/watch?v=AUfZZbrXVAw
youtube.com/watch?v=3ltjmjSa2GE
youtube.com/watch?v=g_CBF318nBY
youtube.com/watch?v=yzA8X1gj664
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sneak more, crossbow less

prod with the prod

the gep gun is perfect for silent non lethal takedowns

NUMBER ONE:

That's terror.

Using the Gep Gun to kill Sandra's pimp is hilarious. One minute she's talking to her pimp, and the next the guy has exploded.

>run out of ammo after 2 levels since the game wasn't designed around using the cross-bow as your main weapon
It wasn't? I started just tranquing people out including Maggie Chow in Deus Ex. My JC was a pacifist unless you were annoying and then you got sniped.

Where are these quotes from?

Awww mista Jay Cee DEnton in da fresh

>tfw my JC didn't care about life or death and just used what was easiest

Attached: small black midget.jpg (400x379, 21K)

we're 100% black

Pacifist by the books JC is clearly what the game is designed for. It fits the narrative better:

>JC thinks UNATCO are police not military style army
>Shocked at Anna and Gunther's kill on sight style
>Anna and Manderley asking JC to execute an unarmed prisoner makes him really question everything
>Truth is slowly revealed that UNATCO is corrupt as hell and aligned with shadowy forces and its' not what he thought it was

In contrast, if you play as a psycho you've been executing prisoners left and right.

I used the prod or cross-bow on every enemy on liberty island, and I ran out of darts by NYC. Darts are rare in ocntrast to 10mm, shotgun ammo, or even 30.06.

AM I the only one who has a lot of trouble doing the stealth attacks, 1/5 times I actually knock the guy out every other time they just turn around or run off. I know your supposed to aim for the small of the back or the neck or whatever but it seems real inconsistent.

Me too.

Attached: 1534397322020.png (300x300, 168)

CONGRATULATIONS

*evil cackling*

1. PROD is just 10x better than melee. Even a melee based character mixes and matches. Hit once with prod to stun then whack with the baton.

2. Pepper spray them and put them into a state of stun, then whack them. Any character in stun with take more damage, and you will one shot them.

Pepper spray is wildly under-rated and is in fact somewhat OP. That and gas grenades can stun entire rooms of elite troops. Amusing since early on UNATCO troopers shit on them.

3. Make sure you're strong as hell. Train your weapons skill, and then get the strength upgrade and turn it on before you whack someone.

Maybe so but JC the augmented psychopath is a lot more entertaining to think about. At the end of the day creating your own experience is the real design goal.

I DO NOT MOVE OUT OF THE WAY

Psycho JC is hilarious because he pretty much defends any decision you make.

youtube.com/watch?v=m68jnuTWtyE

why is it that a popping nsf heads with a silenced laser sighted pistol is so satisfying?

So funny how two different people can come into the same game and come with a different lasting impression.

>JC gets out academy and is immediately warned about Terrorist US Nationalists. These guys shoot on sight so JC has no problem neutralizing them or duping them into being shot by the ED-209s
>Then thru the intervention from his brother Paul and hacking he learns the truth that Unatco is a nefarious organization
>He becomes a stronger person, eventually being able to knock out men with a single slash of a baton and breaks doors down with a magical sword
>Either descends to Godhood and becomes a benevolent dictator or destroys it all to give humanity a fresh start (does anyone ever pick Illuminati?)

Why did you post the cover art of the PS2 port?
I played the port just to see what it was like and I enjoyed it just as much as the PC version.

That's the beauty of Deux Ex. Aside from having to leave Unatco which is only because of time constraints, the game largely allows you to decide for yourself where you stand on things like police brutality and globalization rather than trying to shove a specific moral ideal down your throat.

This shit got me so much. Your close but the sweet spot isn't the lower neck but rather the lower back. Make a quick save and keep practicing on one guard with a baton and you'll see it it is quite consistent.
Prod is for fags.

Practice it with the prod so you have room for error.

DAT WILL BE ADEQUATE

Attached: 1555964257294.jpg (363x651, 42K)

A non-lethal takedown is always the most silent takedown

Practice hitting the spine with the baton, its a 1hit down on all characters besides bosses, MIBs and Commandos (unless you have invested in low tech skill then you can also 1hit KO commandos)

The spot you need to hit is right above the ass

youtube.com/watch?v=AUfZZbrXVAw

you can also KO MIBs, but that can only be done by prodding them until they go unconscious

JC's such a god tier player character. Great lines, hilarious delivery.

Attached: 1538405157783.png (543x591, 407K)

>Sorry, I don't have any food.
youtube.com/watch?v=3ltjmjSa2GE

this unironically, non-lethal melee is the answer

For real, I remember an interview with Warren Spector and he said after release he got angry emails from players, some called Deus Ex left wing propaganda and others called it right wing nonsense. He was proud that he could make a game that could russel the jimmies of both liberals and conservatives.

It's the difference between making a product that asks questions vs a product that serves as a mouthpiece.

JC outright challenges people and often shit talks them, or makes snide remarks. Adam is boring as hell in contrast.

>hassling bartenders with politics
no tact

Attached: cabal.jpg (1186x650, 54K)

use the flamethrower for maximum fun

Attached: 135602.jpg (1024x768, 79K)

>That's the beauty of Deux Ex. Aside from having to leave Unatco which is only because of time constraints,

If I had to guess, the alternate route would still have you with UNATCO, but just having you still with UNATCO. For instance, it's a pretty big coincidence that Manderley wants you to go to Hong Kong, and then you go there anyways despite leaving them?

UNATCO path would have you assassinate Tracer Tong instead of allying with him.

>flame throwing school girls

Only bonus of Infinte war.

youtube.com/watch?v=g_CBF318nBY

This game was amazing, both gameplay wise and thematically. There won't be anything like this ever again.

I'm going to make a shitty indie rip-off of deus ex for some epic bux, please buy it

The dialogues in the eidos games are really dull all over
>damn we need to control these augs
>ching chong aug
>the weather forecast says it will be raining augs soon

You need to be an electronic old man with flexibility

Attached: 1555697345304.jpg (411x440, 38K)

The shit about augs being oppressed is stupid, and likely just stolen from X-men. There's nothing about Gunther or Anna being treated badly or seen as weird.

Don't call me an autist, but I really loved the clacking of JC's dress shoes or whatever on the ground.

I haven't played the new games, but I saw a clip of Bob Page and Manderley arguing in some holo-tape. Young Page looked a lot like JC.

Don't tell me there's some nonsense about JC being a clone of Page. Page did say that JC and Paul were test runs for his own augmentations.

Friendly reminder that the PS2 port has excellent animation, a really good inventory system, and if you look past the chopped down level design it's a slicker version of Deus Ex that makes the modern games look really bad. It annoys me how the PC Deus Ex fans alway seem so intent on shitting on it.

bigoted janitor rigs the office vending machines to give Gunther orange soda every time

Weren't they seen as Unatco death squads outside the organization, and as soon to be obsolete junk piles within it?

Speaking of Gunther and Anna, I really loved the underlying resentment between them and JC due to them having modified themselves so heavily for their job, and still being left behind by the future, as represented by JC. It was really interesting, and a lot more subtle than things usually are in video games.
The janitor was based then, orange soda is fucking great

They wanted to in fact back-port many of the PS2 upgrades to the PC version, but the publisher wouldn't let them. Shocked fans have never done this.

But he wanted lemon-lime!

No, but the plot is crap nonetheless.

Orange soda is so much better than lemon-lime in so many ways it's absurd that people even think they're comparable.Gunther throwing a shitfit over not getting lemon-lime is like going to a 3 michelin star restaurant and then getting angry because the chef served you his best food instead of shitting on a plate and throwing it at you

Bind Interact With Object to mousewheel.
Spin the mousewheel really fast when picking up an object. You can frob it 3-6 times depending on how fast you spin, and you'll get 3-6 times the ammo.

>paternalistic "father knows best" response because OF COURSE the dumb aug doesn't know what's good for him

You're being racist against Gunther right now.

if you play invisible war you discover that the vending machine at UNATCO had lemon-lime socketed in the orange slot thus confirming that the maintenance guy was messing with gunther by giving him lemon lime instead of orange

Oh shit, I've made a grievous error. Gunther actually wanted orange soda. I guess he was the good guy

>considered a monster
>only friend is killed
>waits patiently and cries
>may not even get that final battle - killed by an insult
life is lemon-lime for gunther

Attached: 1469837928797.jpg (1920x1080, 405K)

Gunther is, ironically, what they wanted JC to be. He's a simple machine who does his job and odesn't ask questions. He has no understanding, or even interest, the greater political game.

youtube.com/watch?v=yzA8X1gj664

Thread theme

My dude.

Helps to have Combat Strength and mastered melee skill, takes much less prod ammo that way.

He just wanted a simple life as a mechanical killing machine and it was all ruined by one rookie blessed with nanoaugable genes

Attached: 1498733220446.png (856x2400, 595K)

He takes great pride in his work, and has strong loyalty to his comrades. It's a shame he has to be on the other side, as he'd make a great ally.

>keep learning new stuff even after having played the game for 5 times
Not sure I'm ever going to use that but interesting to know regardless.

Remember you can recover crossbow bolts if you miss.

Would it make sense to leave everything untrained, and put everything into electronics and lockpicking?

More of a swimming guy myself. Yeah I could see that working though why would you want to?

Am I the only one who doesn't like hacking in this game, it never gives you enough time to read all the emails, what was even the point of leveling it?

At "trained" your aiming is trash anyways. I end up sneaking around and hitting with the prod. I rely more on lockpicks and multi-tools anyways. Might as well be good with them.

Attached: Alexofficesecret.jpg (700x525, 34K)

There's an entire sub-plot with Shannon stealing things from the armory and distributing them throughout the first half of Deus ex. It's such a small detail but it adds a lot.

I don't think I've ever heard people praising hacking, it's pretty lame. I guess they want to make finding passwords more rewarding.

depends on how you want to play, lockpicking and electronics are always good but if you don't have lockpicks or multitools you can always use the super tactical takedown lockpick

if you go non lethal low tech is great to down higher enemies with a single baton hit, and if you go run&gun the respective weapon skills are a must, with high pistol skill and some mods the starting pistol is basically a fucking sniper rifle killing everything with a single headshot

>shannon offers to sell you scramble grenades
>knock her out
>not on her person
then who was grenade

I have both versions of Human Revolution in my library, untouched. Which should I play? I know Director's Cut removes the piss filter, but people also have an issue with the pacing of the added DLC

>Give the kids some food
>they tell me the info
>knock em out and get the food back

heh heh.

because the NSF are terrorists. they want people deaddd

just backed your kickstarter at the $400 tier, so I can get my likeness in the game as a club dancer.

Attached: 1541322195970.png (545x393, 102K)

Attached: 1472180392110.png (500x381, 57K)

flatlander woman

Attached: 1407017211180.png (643x427, 18K)

>>keep knocking out hobos and prisoners, and executing pimps because it's funny

That's terror.

Attached: 1509395075916.jpg (1920x1080, 340K)

I did the original first and then did DC on a second playthrough down the line. The DLC definitely fucks with the pacing, occurring right before the climax. DC also has the preorder shit like these OP grenade things that hack terminals for you and Tong's rescue mission. If you're concerned about an "authentic" experience, play the original. Just want to play it once, play director's cut. The boss battles in the original are extra gay though.

Why was JC such an asshole??

incel

Attached: 1370440365283.png (750x914, 162K)

Attached: 1371146006363.png (760x572, 247K)

wait, me or JC

JC. you're too cool and handsome with your good taste in immersive sims to be one.

alright JC, my brother, do you want the sniper rifle, the crossbow, or the goddamn rocket launcher
>30 minutes later
oh my god JC you killed a lot of people tonight. what the hell dude. I can't believe this.

=0 well thank you!

Attached: 1505678820621.png (742x934, 273K)

Was there ever a reason why JC's killswitch took so long?

He's used to being on his own

Attached: 1457335080861.png (679x427, 32K)

They couldn't get the nanites to explode inside him

they where nanoaugs not regular cyborgs, gunther and navarre just blew up, the killswitch fried their brains, JC and Pauls killswitch was reprogramming the nanites on them for exponential growth making them basically a giant tumor

nanites growth takes 24hs or something like that in this case

Attached: 1511020259788.png (640x400, 9K)

Plot convenience.

lol found u

Attached: 1471966897890.jpg (1600x1200, 75K)

They're literally from a r*ddit mod that autistic retards quote all the time

*runs while I still can*

Attached: 1550352223237.png (862x228, 25K)

So which is canon, Bob and Wally in the lobby or in a room watching TV like the PS2 game?

Attached: 1465540672814.jpg (899x507, 61K)

Attached: 1367170577236.jpg (715x844, 58K)

>descends to godhood

Attached: 1555743981839.jpg (700x700, 209K)

those things are fun

Attached: 1556578793156.png (862x228, 27K)

Attached: 1553806581835.jpg (1200x1600, 207K)

Just another parasite.

>stock up on lockpicks/tools
>avoid using them

Attached: 1473609425803.jpg (501x585, 84K)

Drildalus.

>jew out on lockpicks and multitools
>can't pick up anymore of them
>Feel like shit every time i leave them behind and still don't use them and just GEP gun locks

wintcarus

Mind blowing how little ammo UNATCO actually gives JC. 90% of the stuff he finds he gets from looting literally every place and room he comes across.

>and just GEP gun locks

Role play as a thief and don't pick up the GEP gun. Problem solved.

When I first saw Daedalus I just saw him as a vague image of a dude in a suit. On closer inspection he's a bit unsettling.

I picked Illuminati because it was the only option that wasn't completely retarded.

>Not using the Gep Gun

what are you, gay?

>don't pick up the GEP gun

Attached: 1528585316281.jpg (333x502, 31K)

I don't pick up the GEP gun because it's too good.

laputan machine

>not Helios and becoming a benevelent God

>picked the gag ending because it wasn't retarded

Attached: 1470465707982.gif (360x42, 5K)

Sorta wish there was an option to at least try to tell Gunther the truth about UNATCO.

Could work. They could have Paul get his killswitch disabled and basically do what you would have been doing in a normal playthrough, and you're essentially following him and trying to fix the damage while catching up to him.

I am not a machi-

>don't trust the AI
>trust the guy who keeps his mentor locked in a fridge where he writhes in pain and is such a bad judge of character he gave Page power to begin with

Attached: 1478223096415.png (623x527, 605K)

The Illuminati is more benign than M12, but MJ12 is just an evil version of the illuminati. They have the same goals, MJ12 is just willing to do tactics like making a plague that kills thousands or millions.

>>trust the guy who keeps his mentor locked in a fridge

The guy in the fridge and the AI are two huge convos, hugely important for the lore of the series, and 100% optional content that's hidden away. Does any other game do that kind of thing? Closet thing I can think of is Vincent from FF7.

First off, way too edgy. Secondly, it might be neat for a while but controlling an entire world with mental-technological pseudo-science would get old pretty fast. Above all, fuck AIs. They're always faggots.

As for the Dark Age, that's just insane on several levels. For one, I don't see how blowing up the Internet will work, let alone last. But even if it did, catastrophically setting the human race back to an age of warlords and petty states is just going to get millions of people killed to spite a few greedy bankers.

I didn't like the Illuminati, but they win on default.

See:

Director's cut. The boss battles are garbage in the original and the DLC explains some vital plot points.
The DLC model for Human Revolution was a fucking atrocity in general, it had pre-order bonuses and retailer exclusive content, including entire missions. You were supposed to save us from the globalist jews Deus Ex, not join them!
Downsides are the fucked pacing and overpowered DLC weapons that fuck with balance. Overall a perfect example of why you should wait like a year for the full edition of AAA games.

The director's cut is full of bugs.

>First off, way too edgy. Secondly, it might be neat for a while but controlling an entire world with mental-technological pseudo-science would get old pretty fast. Above all, fuck AIs. They're always faggots.

Helios is the most benign ending. One of the AIs that made up Helios decided that the Illuminati is a terrorist group on par with the NSF. That gives him a lot of respect in my books. He knows bullshit when he sees it, and puts all of these groups on the same level.

Helios realizes that humans are flawed, and we need an uncorruptable God-like leader to make decisions. Using that vast computational power, along with JC, would be put to good use for humanity rather than just trying to spy on them.

We already saw how he cut through the corruption and red tape and made Hong Kong run way more smoothly. I trust Helios.

I used to be an Illuminati ending guy, but then I started spending time on Twitter & now I'm 100% with the New Dark Age.

I felt kinda bad killing him because of the dude's journal
>waits for the day he'll kill JC
>spend his time waiting staring at a wall and crying
>doesn't even get to die fighting if you kill him with the kill phrase

First one to my mind is Skyrim. The war between the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion heavily defines the setting, but most characters only allude to it rather than explaining it. You have to read one of the lore fluff books lying around to get the straight story on the war and the White-Gold Concordat.

>first playthrough
>love the game, playing 7 hours a day
>non lethal playthrough all the way
>get to hong kong
>first level that makes me angry
>hate this level with all my life energy
>stop playing because I got lost and didn't know what to do

is this level bad or is it just me? am I close to the end?
I really don't care about the triad gang war

I had to fight him my first go around. Where do you find the kill phrase?

>want to replay as a pacifist
why

I don't think I ever used the prod. the baton carried me until I got the laser sword. Then I blinked and the game was over.

If you say to the doctor at UNATCO to stay when you escape, you'll meet him again in paris and he'll give you the kill phrase

I think you have to tell Jaime to stay at UNATCO

>pacifist
>executing pimps
???

remember we're police

The helipad is the only time I had to look up what I was supposed to do, turns out there's a key in a locker you need to open the door

so you only shoot poor people and dogs?

Attached: GMDX 2018-05-01 13-01-50-78.png (1920x1080, 1.59M)

lower back

like the waist? or the top of the butt cheek?

You're a little under halfway through the game

You are far from the end.
The triad gang war ties into the main story eventually.

Helios isn't a god. It's a computer programmed to wish it was a god.

I could run off 10000 words about how fallible computers are, but let me just be concise. Think about all the bugs and glitches and questionable design choices in the video games you've played recently. Imagine those video games now govern humanity and rule the world. Are you scared? I'm fucking terrified.

>this is terrible
lost it

fuck, I forgot what a great soundtrack this game had.

>onions as a food item
this game predicted a lot huh.

that's right, ion storm predicted that one of the most popular beans would also be consumed in the future. wow. redbilled. based

fucking hell, I thought it was satisfying too.

I haven't seen this in years.

also are the texture and hd mods worth it or should I just keep it vanilla. I'm just about to reinstall.

right above the butt. Just above where the shirt ends and the pants begin.