Capcom renaissance

We live in a timeline where capcom is again awesome. Just gave monster hunter world a second try and had the time of my life in expeditions. This game, re2, dmc5 and even sf5 for me(they buffed ryu, it's fun).

Attached: download.png (359x140, 6K)

maybe if they unfuck breath of fire I'll forgive them for being shit for so long

I'm not gonna forget what you fucks did to lost planet. DDON still isn't localized. Eat shit capcom.

Attached: snow pirate fist.png (600x600, 122K)

I'm still bashing zombies with trash cans

Attached: modernmedia.jpg (460x215, 58K)

They just gotta fix their fighting game division.

until they make a fighting game that isn't shit they are far from full redemption

So when's Darkstalkers?

Attached: 1311285182934.jpg (350x210, 8K)

Fighting games are a shit genre.
Fuck them.

Capcom's fighting game devision is in shambles.
Megaman barely made a return
All their golden age ps2 era ips still fucking dead
Capcom did 1 excellent game and you fuckers are back to licking the jam from between their toes. Capcom will never be as good as it once was, and is still garbage.

>I can't play fighting games
You literally hate video games being actual games if you think fighting is shit.

All Capcom threads are astroturfed

Your a shit genre

why should capcom waste time and money on a fighting game? even if it's good it won't sell well and it will require them to invest tons of money into a propped up competitive scene or people will flip their shit about capcom not supporting the game

No team to blame for your loss makes it shit huh?
Fuck off drone.

>outsource franchise to western developer with one of the worst track records in the last ten years
I've heard of cheap labor but did they do any research before hand?

Did they really? DMC seems up to scratch, but MHW is too short and easy, REmake 2 is too short by what should be modern standards and SFV is still fundamentally flawed, they just throw more characters at it periodically.

I get that they improved, but it's more like every other devloper is failing, because all I see is Capcom doing the bare minimum of what the should have never stopped doing, because a key to the Capcom I knew was was regualr and consistent new IPs rather than doing one or two retreads like people throw parades at them for doing now.

Do you go into Nintendo threads and badmouth platformers, too? Or RPGs in Square threads?

You're really that bad at them, eh?

No I go into threads because I like the games like DMC5 or RE2 but fighting games suck.

MHW is great.

I really, really hope they don't fuck up Dragon's Dogma 2.

No one is going to believe this but this was posted by a Capcom dev.

Also Capcom devs are watching this thread

They always were awesome, it was just the rough spell with Street Fighter and RE7.

Not until they fix their fighting game division, currently it's total ass. How many people would they have that has the know-how to make a decent fighting game? Most of the people they had are now gone, and one of the ones that had his hands in a bunch of their games that were praised even jumped ship to SNK few years ago because they had him doing nothing but writing manuals.

Die crapcom shills

Attached: crapcom5573.jpg (1920x1080, 456K)

>We live in a timeline where capcom is again awesome.
Hold your horses user, that two player arcade stick is pretty dumb, and they have yet to unfuck the fighting game division, and even then they'll never recover the godly status they had during the 90s and early 2000s

Why Yea Forums doesn't like to talk about RE7? We can't forget that their Redemption Arc started with this game.

Attached: _-Resident-Evil-7-biohazard-PS4-_.jpg (360x450, 50K)

>heavily scripted jumpscare game designed around VR
the return to survival horror instead of michael bay action movies was a good step but it still had lots of problems

They're definitely on the right track but as some in the thread have said, they have some games they need to address before they're back 100%

Breath of fire - needs a new proper console title to make us forget the damn mobile game

SF5 - they dropped Kage back in december and have been quiet so far, at this point the next major update might as well be half of a new season at once. If they're doing the usual six characters then give us three after E3 and the last three in december again or some shit.

Sengoku Basara - the fact that DW9 was questionable to a lot of fans (though they've been continuously updating it, people are saying its better now, especially the frame rate issue from what I've heard.) it would have been a perfect chance to localize more SB games but i guess they just did the: OH THE LAST ONE WE LOCALIZED DIDN'T SELL WELL, GUESS THEY DON'T LIKE IT' shit with the last one back on ps3. The very least they can do is release them digitally and just put official subtitles in. Don't even give it english dub for the newer games.

Lost Planet - they need to keep this in house since outsourcing it seemingly killed the franchise.

Darkstalkers - I really do wonder if we'll get a new entry at this point. Clearly they realize what they have to do now. They really can't use USF4's engine to make a new one though huh?

I would put Dragon's Dogma here but he general consensus is Itsuno is working on it now that Devil May Cry 5 was released.

But anyway there's my two cents.

Attached: 1493623036838.png (321x322, 40K)

So companies really do hire "anti-shills" to try to bring down the reputation of IPs or genres they don't want to deal with anymore?

great game beloved by many

I just want them to finally fully realize what kind of treasure they have with Itsuno.

Also, dragon's dogma 2. I really want that as well.

I believe it. People at Capcom hated fighting games in the late 90s and early 2000s, too. That's why they quit the genre for a whole decade and Ono had to beg and beg and beg to get SF4 made.