What's your opinion on game companies overworking...

What's your opinion on game companies overworking, taking advantage of and otherwise abusing liberals who hate your guts?

Attached: nrs.jpg (878x767, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

people-press.org/2018/03/20/1-trends-in-party-affiliation-among-demographic-groups/
theatlantic.com/education/archive/2018/11/education-gap-explains-american-politics/575113/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Majority of them are SJWs forcing politics into games. I don't care about their suffering.

nuNetherrealm can go to hell

We would care more if they weren't actively trying to kill games we like.

>"This Is How They Get Away With It"

Pretty sure "shitloads of people want to work for vidya gaems, therefore the labor is expendable" has been the reason since the 80s. It wasn't any different before the great political spillover, and it will never change in any meaningful way. Maybe if people stopped buying into the "follow your dreams" horseshit and actually looked at the markets they'd see that there are plenty of other sectors looking for their skills paying just as much (if not more) while also promising much less abuse.

As bad as it sounds i dont care. I just want to play the game.

I've been against this shit since I first heard of EA doing it in the 90s, where 'development starts in crunch".

I wouldn't care about how hard this worked if there was any compensation for this overtime.

Reminder that the ones they should be yelling at are the casuals since they are the bulk of the retards who buy AAA games.

Attached: consider the following.jpg (200x200, 7K)

don't care. I play games.

It's always those who virtue signal that are hiding scummy shit.

>skilled laborers work for huge cooperation
>surprised they are abused and taken advantage of.

Can someone explain how america made unions such a dirty word?

I'm kind of surprised Teamsters or unifor has not reached out to AAA employees yet

Attached: 1556279050194.jpg (624x951, 97K)

Crunch sound amazing if making a game is the only thing in your life and with a small group. Staying up all night trying to trying to get something working, arguing over pizza, waking up early to get a head start on the day, the jews are actually giving you money for this.

>fuck gamers!
>gamers please care about us

It's a shitty practice but it's devs problem, not consumers They're supposed to fight for themselves, unionize if necessary, etc.

>Can someone explain how america made unions such a dirty word?

Americans as a whole are boot-lickers who think rich people and their corporations are the peak of evolution and that doing anything to oppose them is morally wrong and anti-american.

Epic Games treats its low level employees like shit. amazing how red storm is better and they are french. the video game industry is a pretty insane industry to get in if you go to school for SGD, it is the worse way to enter. You should get a business degree or a computer science degree of 4 years and then try to join that way. low level testers are literally expendable peons and almost no one even makes it to qa lead/

I did SGD and it was complete waste, had to go back to school to be a xray tech and make good money and actually move on with my life. to those that actually make it starting from the bottom of the game industry and moving up,.. much respect

Tht's the world we live in. Your labor is worth an all time low and you're supposed to think your employer is doing you a favor rather than it being a two way benifit.

Sounds pretty based to me.
Leftists suffering is fine in my book.

The mafia

modern AAA game development is an unsustainable clusterfuck that relies heavily on practices like this to even function. people getting mad on the internet or at best refusing to buy games isn't going to help any of these people, its just going to create even less opportunity. if you don't want to be expendable you picked the wrong industry.

I love it!

Well yeah, blame the hot shot 80s faggots who decided that pissing away all the protections won by unions in the previous 60 years in exchange for a handful more shekels was a good idea. And it's only going to get worse from here on out.

>"GAMERS ARE SUCH TOXIC PIECES OF SHIT YOU SHITLORDS ARE OVER"
>"WTF WHY DON'T YOU CARE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS TO ME AND MY FRIENDS"

Attached: arsenio hall.jpg (248x282, 15K)

>if you don't want to be expendable you picked the wrong industry.
Either this or you make your own games as hobby and then sell them on steam.

Jap devs never seem to have this issue

To be fair, in japan overworking isn't an issue, it's a standard.

>oversaturated highly competitive market treats labourers like shit
Wow imagine my shock. Take your talents elsewhere and you might find office life more enjoyable and with better pay

>WHY WON'T YOU SUPPORT US UNIONIZING YOU FUCKING RACIST INCEL NAZIS

Attached: 1518270960292.png (289x279, 84K)

Where my boomer IT Ops at, anyone working for a game company?
working a small time net admin position right now, how bad does it get from here?

Bunch of cucks. Every second job is like this. Why should i care about them? They're nothing special.

give me one good reason I should care if some codemonkies had to work overtime

>Can someone explain how america made unions such a dirty word
through abuse of the system usually from groups outside the law but sometimes through shit like when car wash workers unionized in nyc and it led to more automation and a bunch of people losing their jobs.

Network Architect here. Wouldn't dream of working for a game company. Can't even imagine the type of shitty people and abuse at those companies.

Pretty much this
>friend goes to uni, gets shit degree
>3 years after graduation is a bartender
>decide to go to tech school for process tech
>graduate in June, already have interviews lined up

Nutherrealm, user.

Not just overtime. Sometimes they would be forced to urinate themselves, have their chairs taken away or forcibly eat their lunch off the ground in hazing activities. There's "hey, you need to come in this Saturday or we'll find someone who will" and then there's "alright, interns. first one to use the bathroom is getting a bucket of ice water dumped on them." People are going to be arrested over what happened, dude

>"shitloads of people want to work for vidya gaems, therefore the labor is expendable"
it baffles me how few people understand this. if theres an over abundance of workers, workers get treated like shit, wages go down etc. "doesnt matter if you dont wanna work for pennies, theres 10 people waiting in line for your job as soon as you quit who will all gladly work for those pennies" so the employer has no incentive to make things better. liberals think they can force change with a new law demanding better pay and the only change they get are mass layoffs and automation, but at least the few people who were kept on are making $15/hour now.

>Muh sjw Boogie man

Go back to 2014 u gaymergate cuck lmao

Game artists get paid like 80k a year so i could care less. So long as they get paid overtime it's fine people should stop crying. Don't work unpaid overtime, that shit is stupid and it's on you completely if you do it.

>Don't work unpaid overtime, that shit is stupid and it's on you completely if you do it
Wal-Mart

maybe just maybe they could have done their research before choosing this profession.

>spacing
>mad about GG
yup pedophile spotted

It's even better when they scream about livable wages then wanna import illegal aliens by the millions.

They also think they can somehow raise wages by opening the borders to millions of low-skilled workers who would gladly work for half the cost of a native citizen while holed up in an apartment with 12 other migrants.
Christ Liberals are retarded.

>Former QA analyst Rebecca Rothschild worked on “Mortal Kombat X” and “Injustice 2,” and explained that she had 90- to 100-hour workweeks on both titles. She left her job, uncertain that she wanted to continue to work in the gaming industry, despite not all of her experience being negative.
>Other past employees shared their experiences at the studio as well. Isaac Torres, a former QA analyst for NetherRealm, told Variety that he worked 90 to 100 hours per week for a period of four months. He explained that the pressure to work overtime came partly from the desire to get a full-time position with the company.

Attached: 1547319835640.png (535x610, 539K)

Abuse of the system. They used to benefit everyone because it prevented corporations from simply shitting all over their workers But now some unions allowed lazy workers to be even lazier and if the corporation asked them for literally anything that wasn't directly related to their job description, they would go "MR. UNION!!!!!! DA CORPORATION IS ABUSING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" and then the unions would run a train all over them. So corporations started to obviously fight back and now unions in America are all fucked up.

I mean it's not really taking advantage of and abusing when their job is play video game for 8 hours a day and report back if you find problem.

>he thinks he can just call it a boogeyman and people will stop noticing how SJWs attempt to get their greasy incest flippers on anything/everything they can

Attached: 1546925958649.gif (359x202, 1.57M)

That's why I'm making my own shitty indie games in bumfuck nowhere 3rd world country, where dollars are worth way too much and living costs are cheap. Pros of being a third worlder I guess, with cons being literally everything else.

The poor treatment of workers is WHAT causes people to join the left, idiots. You would do the same thing if you were getting shafted by your employer. Take care of your workers and they'll take care of you.

it's their own stupid fault for allowing that to happen. just fucking quit

QAT's aren't the ones being abused. QAT isn't some dream job either but that's a different argument. No, this is the 'code monkeys' who are being driven into the mud and forced to indulge lest they be replaced by someone who will do it without issue and lower pay

have sex

>Rebecca Rothschild
>Rothschild
>even looks jewish
I wonder who could be behind this

Attached: sjr4qcfY_400x400.jpg (400x400, 20K)

Or just find a better company to work at. No excuse to work in IT and stay with a shitty company when theres thousands out there that will treat you better and pay you equally or more.

>fell for the "just come in on the weekends and you'll get promoted'" meme

I thought Jews were supposed to be good at tricking people - not getting tricked themselves

Attached: 1360484818252.jpg (1100x1400, 579K)

if I'm remembering properly that article is strictly about the quality assurance team being abused because DLC get leaked and they have to work long hours for minimum wage for their job of just playing video games

SEETHING liberal

Who are you quoting?

>that schnoz

Japs work less hours than we do here in the US.

Attached: average-working-time-by-country-2.png (2083x2334, 117K)

If you still think the majority of the people *being* abused are liberals you’re in for quite a shock

Source: game artist at a AAA studio. Everyone in the industry knows everyone. It’s mostly a PR thing; you have people swinging wildly on both sides of the political spectrum, even more than you’d expect, and they all get the HR hammer.

But the ones treating them like shit are all huge lefties. Tech and entertainment are all huge leftwing organizations.

>Maybe if people stopped buying into the "follow your dreams" horseshit and actually looked at the markets they'd see that there are plenty of other sectors looking for their skills paying just as much (if not more) while also promising much less abuse.

People don't work in games companies because they want money, they work in games companies because they love games and are willing to have less money just to get to make games. Games industry is inherently appealing, just like most entertainment industries I'd assume.

It's the same reason anime studios in Japan are never short on workers despite starvation level pay and hellish work hours. People really really want to draw anime, so they will accept terms that would get you a dickslap in your face in any "normal" industry.

Maybe they should just buy employment lootboxes and hope for better jobs, instead of being toxic, entitled game developers who attack the artistic vision of their managers

Because they are pussies who don't speak out, look up the average jp animator wage, a-list VA make more money than each of the other cogs involves.

In general I don't give a shit about anything that happens as a game studio unless it makes the games worse. They could break every labor law in the book in there and I wouldn't give a shit, because that doesn't actually show in the end product. But when they make Mileena unsexy, that's when I start caring as that's visible to me.

What percentage of your fellow workers are useless shit workers? I'm curious how big of a drag the peons are. It's obvious management is poor.

Attached: 1556739521671.jpg (371x353, 20K)

This. Liberals and Europeans deserve the abuse.

>Highest working hours per year: Mexico

B-but I thought spics were lazy?

That's a false stereotype. They're only strict on you not being a fuck up.

>liberals who hate your guts
Wait, what? what are you even talking about, you fat retard?

"Worked" hours. Many of them just sleepy sleep. But for real, they generally have a strong work ethic driven by a need to support a large family or to afford nice things to show off

Where the fuck is China?

>I don't like thing
>thing I don't like is being used against people I don't like
>now I like thing
Board full of hypocrites and you deserve your shit games.

On one hand I'm happy to see Netherrealm and MK in trouble, on the other I am happier to see SJW be tortured at their jobs. It's a win-win for me.

Elaborate

I worked at a AAA game studio and the managers were all nerds turned frat bro types who seemed to be over compensating for being losers growing up.
I work at insurance company and it's way better.

It seems you feed off of misery, probably to forget the blight of your existence.

Best reason to never get into a job field by passion

tranny discord not even hiding anymore

How do you have a name like Rothschild and get stuck working 100 hours a week?

You sound like you've never held a job in your life.

unions made unions a dirty word. in theory it keeps skilled labor from getting beat down by management. in practice the union either becomes as sleazy as management or they get everyone fired/business closed

Tick Tock you Yea Forumsmblr rat

Attached: 1556226638109.png (441x334, 128K)

Decades of propaganda, bribery, blackmail, and threats of violence eroded them. Add to that "a few bad apples" which were more often than not a result of the latter 3.

I can’t give a good answer to that because my discipline rarely crosses over enough with others in a meaningful way to gauge.

Most people feel like they’re doing their jobs. Mostly management/production can be a problem area when things repeatedly mentioned that need to be done/slotted for time aren’t scheduled or scheduled as “stretch goals for the sprint” AKA crunch goals for the sprint

Rothschilds deserve serfdom.

I hope they will work even more because i want games to be good not bad.

Liberals are not retarded. They're doing it for this very result.

>crying about too much work

Yeah money sucks.

Even though I feel like most people are shitposting, it's still pretty sad people would rather meme than acknowledge that people are getting exploited and the first reaction is always "well don't go into the industry".
Who the fuck is gonna make the vidya if everyone wises up and refuses to work in the industry

Attached: 1521742731997.png (1522x1200, 2.56M)

That's false in a majority of cases

Nobody said anything about that. If you want to talk about that create a thread about it so it can be banned for being off topic /pol/lution.

Uhh, no.
Most of the people in this industry are liberals, so who gives a fuck?
I even compared the typical position in this industry to my own position, and whaddya know, a nice near-even split compared to leaning heavily liberal.
Not lazy, just stupid.
Working smarter >>>> working harder

Attached: Professions.png (2046x996, 93K)

You keep hearing about these developers working too hard, but then their games are always dogshit that couldn't have taken longer than an afternoon to make.
Either they are the most inefficient people on the planet, or blatantly lying

Why do people work for free? I'm a software developer and some of my co workers stay at work 2-3 more hours than I do for no reason. It is pathetic. No matter how long you stay you can't finish everything and it will always be there tomorrow. This also fuckings up planning because it makes it impossible to gauge how many man hours it actually takes to deliver.

And no putting in extra effort will not open opportunities for you to move up the ladder. Having connections and networking is all that matters. The guy constantly chit chatting and going out to lunch with people will be your boss one day, not the guy doing all the work.

Attached: Christopher_Lee.jpg (1196x1794, 1.35M)

So how often do incompetent managers get what's coming to them?

What do you think should be changed?

Hopefully no one in the west will make video games.
And the industry will be better for it.

Unions were co-opted by leftists decades ago and turned into extortion rackets. If you want a good example then look at teacher unions: they'll go on strike demanding higher pay (when teacher pay is already high) despite education continuing to decline.
They're also political fronts for the Democrat party.

>He says this for Netherrealm, currently one of the biggest sjw companies on the industry

This is Yea Forums and we welcome you to another episode of Bait or Autism. Let's see if our fellow anons can figure this one out

NRS literally raped MK for brownie points and to break into the esports meme. I couldn't give a fuck.

Because you're a gullible, stupid shit who thinks political alignment is a declaration of war, mostly due to media bombardment and peer pressure. It's some savage dumbfuckery you're taking part in and your field probably involves scrubbing toilets.

If the employees don't like it they can quit

I literally put my occupation in the fucking image you mongoloid, I'm not surprised that you're also illiterate in addition to being a fucking liar.
But yes, most of the people working in the video game industry, at ALL levels, are liberals.

>AAA
I care about you even less.

what's the point of giving money to Republicans in California, anyway? Isn't that where these people live, usually?

(why would you give either of them money!?!?!?!?!)

I always hear about teachers being highly-paid, yet somehow the data usually shows them making near-poverty wages (or ending up needing to spend so much on basic classroom supplies that they take home far less). Where are these supposedly high-paying teaching jobs?

No, the religious right was a boogieman, because nothing was ever censored because of the religious right. The entertainment industry responded to the religious right by putting even more violence and sexual content in their media. However, SJWs are actually getting games toned down left and right because the developers support them.

The developer that we're literally discussing in ITT is based in Chicago m8.

>he thinks game workers get overtime
Not the animation industry bud

college-age virgins who want to make the next big shooty tooty regardless of conditions because it’s the one thing depression hasn’t killed the passion for

Depends on how egomaniacal the people above them are. Unless something really blows up and a deadline is missed, things slip under the radar. A lot.

Personally I don’t think theres an easy solution; unionizing will completely fuck the way that games are produced. You’ll stop seeing game studios and start seeing production houses composed of writers, artists, programmers, etc, similar to movies. It’s the healthiest move in the long run, but most people know that it’ll mean a lot of getting chucked under the bus and work grinding to a halt.

Attached: C4FB5F3D-38AC-4F1E-8D6C-38FCF36DACB4.jpg (400x300, 32K)

>Where are these supposedly high-paying teaching jobs?
In inner city shitholes.
I live in one such city and one of the teachers who works at my old high school makes literally $80k a year as a math teacher.
And the department head makes $120k.

Well, liberals aren't exactly known for their work ethic. So I say let them whine until they grow a spine.

Nobody gives a shit about you or your occupation, Wade. Keep your little anecdotes and mental diarrhea to yourself.

>Who the fuck is gonna make the vidya if everyone wises up and refuses to work in the industry
No one, that's the point.

It's okay, you got exposed as the liar you are.
These people are largely liberals, therefore their suffering is self-inflicted.
If they don't like it, then they can unionize or fuck off.

>say about it, literally on the first post
>Yeah nah, nobody is saying about it, yours doesn't counts, please fuck off because i said so
You guys are the worst.
Trying to censor and control what other says because it goes against your agendas.
Try to debate and argue like a man, you faggots.

>Where are these supposedly high-paying teaching jobs?
Americans hate education so they think anything above a $1 is too much for teachers.

unionize or shut the fuck up

And, as we can see here "conservatives" tend to make blanket statements and have an IQ in the double digits.

No one hates me.

Unionize or shut the fuck up.

have sex

Oh hey thats a mighty fine fine occupation you're going into there! Would be a shame if you were forced to be unable to negotiate your own raises/promotions because of collective bargaining. Also gonna need a cut of your cash to support said collective and use it to prop up a political party that you might wish to see the death of every single one of their members.

Considering which demographics vote Democrat, you shouldn't be talking about IQ scores.

Oh the irony.

Attached: 1545974684553.gif (288x216, 1.96M)

Chicago has been owned by Democrats for decades. As has California.

And it's the right wing that has been being censored or banned in left wing dominate institutions with no indication of the opposite.

The left today is several orders of magnitude more of a social problem than the right is. But mostly the far left. The moderate left deserves shame for letting then get this bad in academia and national news media especially.

Is it Brooklyn or something? I've worked both public and private schools, and from what I've seen teachers at either never got more than $45k/year unless they had some serious tenure. Otherwise, on average they were getting around $35k.

Most people aren't as passionate about their political alignment as you are. Sorry, but pitting more than half of the population in a neatly and convenient label so you can cry about them all day is too convenient.

>Is it Brooklyn or something?
It's a city in Massachusetts, so that might be why.

so do retards think only nrs does that shit did they forget about the cd projekt red or rockstar shirt or is this outrage selective

Attached: 1474311751391.jpg (480x360, 10K)

That’s not me you’re responding to

I’m not sure campaign donations are the best way to gauge actual political slant among the people who would benefit from unionization given that they’re making sub-40 in urban areas. You can likely chalk up my pov from personal experience bias. Otherwise, feel free to boast on calling me out

Mostly educated folk in urban environments. I wonder what it is that possesses you to use self-defeating arguments. Either gross stupidity or emotional distress.

>complains about blanket statements
>says conservatives have double-digit IQs
cant even banter without exposing yourselves as hypocrites

Attached: 1552370507886.jpg (700x525, 28K)

>Reddit spacing
>Buzzwording
>le gamergate Boogie Man
To resetera with you

>Mostly educated folk in urban environments.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1544161524017.jpg (480x360, 40K)

The union I'm forced to be a part of defends shitbags that need to be fired, then they take trips to Vegas with our union dues. We are getting purchased by a new company, I'll be doing everything I can to dissolve the union.

I'm not even passionate about political alignment, all I stated is that these people complaining are liberals, despite the bullshit you tried to peddle.
As such, they should put their money where their mouth is and unionize or fuck off.
Plus, all the "silent majority" liberals have nothing to say about the radicals being annoying cunts, so as far as I'm concerned they can get bent too.
I might hate conservatives, but at least your milquetoast middle-of-the-road conservatives like Ben Carson or Canadian Crowder have no problem telling nazis to fuck off.

Most game devs work on annual contracts. While they don't "require" OT you're not very likely to get renewed if you do the bare minimum since there's a big enough labor pool that they can replace you. That's why so many people are wanting to get them unionized or at least collectivized, if not getting rid of the practice at least get the workforce coherent enough that they all refuse to do OT and it fucks with the company if they have to replace everyone.

Kill them all, let Lucifer laugh in their faces.

No, it's the right that deserves shame for letting it happen in the first place.

Posters like the ones you're replaying to are beyond retarded, there's no point in asking them to clarify anything.

SJWs have this issue where to them, a touch on the shoulder can be actual rape.

I'm sure 40 hours a week at 8 a day, 5 working days in a week, constitutes slave labour to them. Also,
>muh Vidya designers bitching
If they knew how many asshole Russians and Indians and NEETs would snap their job up for no more than a steady paycheck they would be dead fucking silent.

No, it's everyone who deserves to be blamed. Therefore, the Centrists needs to round-up the Extremists on both sides and gas them all.

Red states are fatter poorer and dumber by the numbers. Not even american btw.

And you're assuming that all liberals engage in some sort of negative behavior, regardless of anything else. It's a broad assumption, but you expect it to ring true because you spend all day in an environment where it happens. I suggest you return there if being confronted upsets you this much.

>Mostly educated folk in urban environments

Attached: 1549769876239.png (500x500, 198K)

Dude, I'm an educated urbanite and even I know that that's not true.
And I'm black.
Most of the "urbanites" voting Democrat are black or Hispanic, and most of them are NOT educated and are often genuine fucking morons.
The only "educated" people I ever see voting Democrat are people who don't have to live in the inner city.
Since I do, I generally don't vote for parties that try to flood my neighborhood with moronic Somalis and Puerto Ricans that turn the entire city into little Puerto Rico and make it uninhabitable for anyone who doesn't speak Spanish.

I don't get the difference between a studio and production house.

Gee, I wonder why.

Attached: 1553649928191.jpg (874x528, 89K)

I'm sure your assumptions based on extensive experience spending all day rotting in a basement should be taken as fact.

>but you expect it to ring true because you spend all day in an environment where it happens.
You're right, I live in a liberal environment and see this stuff happen all the time, hence why I'm generally wise to your bullshit.
I know that "liberals" don't actually care about censorship or people trying to fuck others over because it's the people on their side doing it.
As it turns out, all of these people who are associated with a specific party are idiotic single-issue voter chucklefucks with no real principles.

Attached: 1528913336580.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

I work for Epic and I can assure everyone that the actual programmers, artists, and designers are extremely happy with the current state of things. The people quoted in the Polygon article are outsourced/third-party/contractor QA workers who admittedly are overworked and get none of the perks we get.

It's arguable if a union would help in any way at all to us. You know who has a union? The animators and lighters who are going to be working 100 hours a week trying to fix the Sonic the Hedgehog movie.

>radical centrists doing anything

I'm not sure. I think either you have to be poor fat and stupid to vote red, OR voting red makes you poor fat and stupid.

>I work for Epic
Opinion disregarded.
Go away shill.

Mostly because they'd have to gas themselves, too.

Man, the delusion of leftists is just hilarious.

based

>And you're assuming that all liberals engage in some sort of negative behavior
>assuming
you dumb fucks are so oblivious its a wonder any of you can even survive crossing the street

Attached: antifa.png (1020x566, 1.4M)

I vote conservative in my country actually. This is an american issue.

>I work for Epic
You know what to do.

Attached: 57b72-executionequipment.jpg (565x850, 72K)

>Dude, I'm an educated urbanite and even I know that that's not true.
It's statistically true, your anecdotal evidence holds no value whatsoever.
people-press.org/2018/03/20/1-trends-in-party-affiliation-among-demographic-groups/
theatlantic.com/education/archive/2018/11/education-gap-explains-american-politics/575113/
This is all irrelevant, but I love watching obese trailer trash destroy themselves with misconceptions.

>Opinion disregarded.
Opinion disregarded.

I feel just fine about it. "Why?" You ask? Simple:

Look at an older game like... oh let's say Final Fantasy VI.
Developed in a year or less, by maybe 50 people at most, on a budget that would make modern indie devs cry, and it's one of the best games of all time. One of the best JRPGs, at least.

Now, let's look at the modern equivalent; FFXV. In development hell for 7 years, took 3 years to shit out the version that got released and 3 more to "finish'" with patched. Worked on by hundreds of staff members, fully voiced, mocapped, full orchestra, top tech specs (for the most part) and yeah, crunch played a part in that. And it sucked. Royally (pun intended)

Just like MK11 sucks. Just like 90% of current games suck. And devs still act like they deserve to have the easiest jobs in the world and have their cocks constantly stroked by the people they're force feeding this trash.

MK11 had crunch time, and it's still middle of the road, "just OK". And that's fucking unacceptable. What the fuck did they actually do? Fuck off for 3 years, thn spend those last few months of crunch actually making the game?

Fuck them, and fuck all devs like them. Let them bitch and moan. They'll get unionised, games will take a decade to get made, because the work force will control the scope and pace of every project and companies will start going under like the titanic, left and right.

And somehow, in that moment, they'll still find a way to blame us, instead of taking credit for their own mistakes.

>You're right, I live in a liberal environment and see this stuff happen all the time
Learn how to read. You can't even follow a full paragraph without evidencing how inept you are.

I could post a picture of the NZ shooter or the Charleston church shooter and make sweeping blanket statements too, but I won't

I work on UE, no cancer there.

Based and redpilled

I thought multi million dollar companies were progressive and woke? I thought they were against orange man?

Attached: 1548964538770.gif (1230x543, 634K)

I judge them by their final products, which have gotten worse to the point of full kikery unplayable dogshit. fuck netherrealm studios and fuck mortal kombat

they all do it, so I don't give a shit.

I don’t see how someone would feel happy working at a huge studio like that, I mean, you are one person among 500 names that will appear on the credits and you have almost 0 chances to do something “your way” or that you think is best.

Anyone talented enough should go indie, you get your name out there since it does not need many people and you get to decide what to do.

Attached: A381F259-0998-4F2E-BA40-7CA4D54138E7.jpg (682x388, 185K)

>when teacher pay is already high
That's horseshit though

/thread.

Again, I'm not white.
I know exactly the people who are post-graduates and doctorates and vote Democrat, again, most of them are NIMBYs who don't have to live near any of the people that they swear up and down that they're defending.
As such, I don't care about their opinions.

>don't like work
>quit work
>find another work
wow that was hard

Production houses are specialized for specified tasks in film, such as VFX, editing, marketing, filming, etc. A production will hire out from these houses and hire specific producers to facilitate communication between the various teams.

Right now everyone in the game industry other than outsource houses are under the same roof. One company manages all the artists, programmers, engineers, architects, writers, QA, etc. Unionizing the “games industry” doesn’t feasibly work because of the differing needs of all these disciplines in regards to workers rights. It would be like unionizing the steel industry and advertising under one umbrella.

Unfortunately what that means is that splitting disciplines means splitting the way that different workers are handled within the same studio, which means drastically shaking up pre-existing structures of production, and will eventually lead to studios collapsing at the triple A level.

>Just like MK11 sucks

Attached: 1503407374938.gif (850x720, 3.87M)

This but a little bit more unironically.

>The union I'm forced to be a part of
If you're forced to be part of a union then it's just a front for the corporation you're working for

First of all, that wasn't a paragraph.
Secondly, "without evidencing how inept you are" is not proper english, ESL-kun.
Lastly, my point is that the negative environment I live in is not /pol/, because unlike you I'm not a basement dwelling fucktard and actually go outside.

>theatlantic.com/education/archive/2018/11/education-gap-explains-american-politics/575113/

>According to exit polls, 61 percent of non-college-educated white voters cast their ballots for Republicans while just 45 percent of college-educated white voters did so. Meanwhile 53 percent of college-educated white voters cast their votes for Democrats compared with 37 percent of those without a degree.

>WHITE voters

Are you not seeing the problem here? The Democrat party is made up of art majors and ghetto trash.

It's the Mortal Kombat 3 of the modern era. And MK3 sucked so hard it had to be replaced with Ultimate MK3.

>shown up in almost every major city in america and have caused numerous riots
>attempt to shut down debate and intimidate the population like hitlers brownshirts
>the liberal media refuses to call them out
>liberal leaders refuse to decry them
>no liberal groups are trying to stop them
>b...but muh mass shooters
every single one of you is irredeemable

Some people have to stay behind and try to change it from within, I suppose

ok so what you are saying is they are going to update the game and it will be the best ever got it

Attached: 1476144695994.jpg (1916x1076, 357K)

Individual employees generally have a lot of input over the particular features they're working on, and at most studios anyone can talk to anyone at any time about new ideas. It's satisfying to be a part of a project that millions of people play rather than spending 5 years doing everything yourself for 10 people to play and then starving to death. The number of talented indie devs who are successful is probably around 1%.

You're also completely ignoring the fact that game design is an entire job all by itself and most people aren't good at it. A great programmer will be spending so much time on shit they don't care about as an indie dev, while at a bigger studio they get to work on exciting problems that are completely new and innovate to the world.

Tbf pretty much the entire game industry is this way.

Educated people are better though.

>lol these people are expendable
>you wanted to work on something you’re passionate about? Lmao get fucked
>I’m so happy the boss is in charge

Imagine being like this.

>No excuse to work in IT and stay with a shitty company when theres thousands out there that will treat you better and pay you equally or more.
Easier said than done.

I doubt they'd be able to get accurate data for China

Not if you have some meme-tier art degree degree, which is what the majority of "educated" liberals have. STEM majors are about 5% of the population, and incidentally the wealthiest 5 percent tend to vote Republican.

Having a degree is not the same as being educated.
Not all degrees have the same worth.
For instance, anyone with a liberal arts degree is utterly worthless.

Yes user that’s what happened. The unions and workers brought it on themselves. Certainly, it wasn’t the inevitable result of more and more wealth concentration at the higher levels of society and their influence on politics especially given the Republicans more than willingness to sell out working class people. No, the unions pushed too hard and now they’re getting what they deserve. You got it.

Well, sure, MAYBE. But it'll have cost you an extra $2000 once all the DLC is done and over with. I mean sure, they could just release the game in 8 months for another $60 with all the fixes, but why do that when WB is in control and gamers are stupid enough to pay that much money for "improvements" and "completion of the game itself"?

The humanities still make you better than a highschool grad.

They’re not looking at it from this perspective. They’re seeing the end product, the glamor, people adoring what they’ve helped create. Even people who said things like “rockstar can get fucked” for red dead are still immensely proud of what they made.
It can be a drug for some people

Start working

This, except even the small passion projects that are fantastic still get fucking screwed (Brigador, for example)

Buh-buy Chinks.

>loads of accounts of working in this field exist
>many say that it sucks massive ballsack
>"I don't care, I want to work for video games!"
>find out the hard way that working for video games is soul-sucking drudgery unless you have actual talent
>"wah wah how was I to know that it was going to be so terrible?"

If video games were truly their passion, they'd have done their research before diving in head first and known some of the risks.

No, not at all.
I would take someone with a GED over a humanities graduate.
Most of them are retarded white people with no skills.

Yeah, the barista with an art degree is smarter than the blue collar worker who makes $30 an hour. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Educated doesn't mean smart. Nigger women are the most educated group in the US, and it's because it takes them twice as long to get a degree as anyone else.

Fpbp.

Yup you get it user

She’s probably smart enough to realize the blue collar workers actually getting a shitty 20 an hour and being fucked over by his owner

The have the capacity to learn.
A trade is an education. I said a highschool grad.

Our grandparents had to work multiple jobs just to literally have bread and these people are complaining about office work

Some people do their research and decide “there’s no way I’ll burn out because this is truly my passion”

It’s very easy to think the one thing you fucking love doing will never get old, especially when you’re getting paid to do it

Well, all the people who are complaining are working in jobs which have no degree or skill requirements. Those are exactly the type of people who would not do any of those things.

The american right getting mad at the other american right and the collective whole of america thinking identity politics are equal to actually important politics amuses me and always will.

>The have the capacity to learn.
Not really, most of them are fucking lazy as fuck.
If they weren't they'd have a degree in something that's not useless.

I don't give a fuck.

No they didn’t. Average minimum wage back when our parents generation was growing up was close to 16 an hour and it didn’t require a 4 year education, 5 references and 2 years experience. The idea that they had it harder is a meme. And before anyone pisses I make 60k at 24 with no debt. I just actually pay attention to what’s going on.

I have a job already

Getting even a useless degree requires effort and work. Graduating highschool requires showing up once in a while.

No you don’t.

And yet they still manage to produce shitty games
If anything they need to be overworked even more

Data shows that being overworked lowers productivity

Attached: no.jpg (910x498, 183K)

>Getting even a useless degree requires effort and work.
You horribly overestimate the average college.
Outside of my high level finance courses, almost all of the classes I took at college were easier than my AP stats, calc/calc 2, physics classes.
Most college classes are even easier than high school since you're allowed to use the internet in class.

>they get overworked and produce shit
>we need to work them harder

All research shows that less hours, less stress equals higher productivity. Pay attention. Stop entering conversations you don’t know anything about.

>coping this hard
how much debt are you in for that meaningless sheet of paper?

Yeah, I'm sure that all happened lol

None. 60k, no debt, and bennies and I only have an associates. I’m good. How’s the weather looking Monday? I’ll be inside.

Not entirely true. For example, I'm an Electrician and there are very few of us in my area. So, of course, we price ourselves out high because we are in need. Thing is the contractors hate this and want cheaper labour and they are trying to get this by getting our current government to pass a bill that practically 90% of electrical work can be done by labours (people that do not go to school or receive any training for the specific trade). Essentially they are trying to make it that Electricians only get hired to flick a switch. And the scary thing is that the government (who is conservative mind you) is all for this. Sometimes you want to price yourself for what you are worth and the rich still want to fuck you.

I'm not american so I only have my own experiences to go on.

>t-t-t-t-t-the game sucks

Attached: r6jryjj.png (872x860, 1.02M)

Well I live in Massachusetts, and we have the best educational system in the world outside of Japan and Singapore, so chances are colleges in your country are even worse.

>pass a bill that practically 90% of electrical work can be done by labours (people that do not go to school or receive any training for the specific trade)
Do they want people to die? Because that's how you get dead people

>anyone with a liberal arts degree is utterly worthless.
The s and m in S.T.E.M are liberal arts you parroting fuckhead.

And here it is. An actual working class person who has brain cells. Everyone else in this thread is still living at home while going to community college completely unaware of how hard they’re about to get fucked when they leave.

>I'm not american
Then why are you even talking? Fuck off.

Attached: 1510801562776.jpg (659x1200, 435K)

They don't care.

I guarantee some psych major works harder than highschool students.
Because I value my opinion more than everyone in this thread rolled together.

Welcome to conservative logic. Saving corps and employers money over everything else

>I guarantee some psych major works harder than highschool students.
I guarantee that they don't.
ESPECIALLY any high school student taking college prep or AP classes.

That's nice, nobody else does.