youtube.com/watch?v=wde_5Bj0HxE
youtube.com/watch?v=dY2_Lv9oobk
youtube.com/watch?v=q1fjro66QQM
youtu.be/IPjOrNtzBdY
youtu.be/8foapEpd_cI?t=93
youtube.com/watch?v=heqvwbMuzuM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 2.png (1280x720, 1.02M)

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Attached: 3.png (1280x720, 1020K)

Doc... my dose...

Attached: 1531869007342.png (1144x1163, 325K)

Attached: 1543141291361.png (1025x1453, 1.18M)

ITT: Laugh at the "people" who pretend dragon ball subbed is remotely acceptable

Attached: cheseman.jpg (373x207, 66K)

vocaroo.com/i/s1SPdGxB0AjA

based. i work with an ironic weeb who goes on and on about how awful dubs are so he won't watch dbz/s dubbed. it's so embarrassing that he parrots the DUB BAD SUB GOOD meme without even knowing DBZ is one of the dubs that is better.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kz0HONneZmc
all the different dub versions butcher this scene and for that they can't be forgiven

Attached: [DBNL] Dragon Box Z (DBZ) - 184 - The Tragic No. 16!! An Enraged Super Gohan Begins Taking Action [x (640x480, 25K)

>resurrection C with Cell Dorado never ever

Attached: 1544588432344.png (145x246, 74K)

Reminder that Fighterz Pass 2 is on sale right now for $17.

the english dub is way more badass compared to this

oh shit

Attached: 1516216733486.jpg (874x618, 206K)

well gohan is a faggot, teen gohan is the worst version of that faggot character, and of all the forms in all of DB/Z/S, gt doesn't count SSJ2 is the worst of them all (to the point that half the people watching don't even realize SSJ1/2 are different forms)

So I'd say all in all it's worth "butchering" one little dork moment for the sake of not having grandma goku

youtube.com/watch?v=-dY2IBPzJhI
the sub version butchers this scene and for that it can't be forgiven

I mean if you're 10 yeah
the dub for DBZ is fine but still, they cut out the kino music and destroyed the atmosphere
youtube.com/watch?v=xfyeud94JnQ

The latin dub didn't :^)

>that
>kino music

naw. the emotion in this scene was much better in my opinion. youtu.be/lNh9rZaWssU?t=60

TnT was a shit song redeemed by the sax version in raging blast 2. The original jap version had awful music. Too bad Yamamoto got found out.

>Any anglo dub for DB

Yikes, keep your Bruce boring ass ost Fuckoner and Rock the Dragon, m8...

>so he won't watch dbz/s dubbed
Lucky him.
>without even knowing DBZ is one of the dubs that is better
In your twisted mind maybe. Want to know a good dub? Fucking Death Note, that is a good dub. DBZ is bottom tier. DB is only kind of acceptable, and GT is a crapfest. Super is kinda good on the accounts that the original isn't such a great product.

even the english dub that uses the original OST removes that track, nigga

>gohan doesnt have his inner monologue
never noticed that in the jap version. kinda takes away from the scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=T_OO3J7BbSg&t=17m52s
yeah no this dub beats it a hundred times over

>left: your opinion
>right: me
They both were bad.

Attached: 1508932996634.png (640x480, 363K)

>that shitty "robot" voice
>the edgy music
>cell's cool and composed cliche anime villain attitude
>gohan's VA's retarded gasps
lol fuck off amerilard

Attached: muhammed laughs at you.png (605x381, 187K)

TFS unironically had the best versions of trunks goes ssj scene and goku's sacrifice scene.

>it's another sub vs dub episode

Attached: 1554433507214.jpg (461x528, 20K)

Hope you're talking English wise.

kai > sub > original dub

Attached: 1536223508763.jpg (1024x1004, 291K)

I refuse to believe anyone here somehow watched DBZ in Japanese instead of watching it on Toonami after coming home from school.

lmao jp cell is such a fucking jerk

also
jap > latin > tfs > the rest

No, overall because I'm not a retarded spic who tolerates dragon ball in japanese.

English DBZ dub ruined DBZ for English people.

If you have any respect for DBZ at all, you will watch the original and stop thinking that the fucked up English version is better in any way.

No, "HUR SUBS ARE ALWAYS BETTER" is bullshit. But when you fucking RUIN a series with the dub, what else is there to say?

I watched DBZ dubbed on Toonami and I still acknowledge that the original dub is terrible. Sub > Kai >>>>>>> Original

Ocean Kai when?

Scott McNeil is best Piccolo. Voice did not forget about Piccolo being a villain even during the Buu Saga

>watching DBZ at any point after watching it on Toonami

Attached: 14b.gif (607x609, 514K)

>POP GOES THE WEASEL

Attached: freeza_chillin.jpg (928x352, 33K)

>with that image
How ironic considering they cut one of the best tracks in the franchise.
youtube.com/watch?v=LbuF_JZKK0c

>Watching the Funimation Dub
>Watching the Anime
>Not reading the Manga

Attached: onepunchmanniceguy.png (263x248, 51K)

>mfw tfs drones seriously think their parody fandub is actually better than the original

Attached: 1304200679256.png (211x258, 51K)

>Latin dub
>Better than anything but Speedy and Big Green
Literally sounds like they recorded lines out of someones basement.

>Cell Dorado
go away and never return

Then you're unironically a retard. I agree that those scenes (especially Goku's sacrifice) weren't butchered too much compared to some embarrassingly bad others of the same episode, but the acting, and bgm selection of the original just feels right, without any added fluff or fan decision.

sub >>>> kai with Z video >>>>>>> original dub

YYH is better anyway.

>kikuchi
>tolerable
I could understand yamamoto, but yeesh. Give it up.

>Chip turning off
>Tears going upside
>Gohan frowns in the last scene
Peak childhood right here.

I'd be more inclined to if you gave a real argument.

Big Green is actually good though, for what it needed to do. I've learned to unironically enjoy it, there's good performance in there hidden beneath the unfamiliarity of it all.

>YYH
who?

Frieza, Vegeta, Piccolo, and Krillin are the only good parts about the dub. Everything else the sub does better.

youtube.com/watch?v=gvKJaIS1PuU
Here, I posted the perfect version for you.

YuYu Hakusho
Made by the author behind Hunter x Hunter.

nigga that isn't TFS

>HxH
dropped

it stands for Yahweh, the Jewish god

>modern funi
>Gohan's voice
3/10, made me reply.

This is fine. I'm okay with this. This is something I would unironically enjoy.
I'm not a fucking retard that likes literal scratchy old lady voices, but I'm also not a 90's 4kids faggot that thinks Kageyama needs to be replaced with DRAGON DRAGON ROCK THE DRAGON (SQUEEDLY GUITAR) and generic OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ WUBWUBWUBWUB
I'd be fine with any of the English dubs if they JUST
DIDN'T
FUCK
WITH
THE MUSIC

>Liking chain smokerhan

youtube.com/watch?v=1X3ua68IAUk&t=74s
>this kills the subfag

>doesn't know YYH
pleb

imagine being this retarded

>liking that grating nazily excuse for a voice
Any sub is far better anyway, but the dub of kai is the absolute lowest in terms of widespread options.

youtu.be/pfCYPVxWEMI

Attached: 4.jpg (1052x996, 590K)

better than fat 12 year old voicing gohan

Z releases have the option for selecting which OST you want, as non-burger I watched several episodes like that and it is not too bad, but some of the voices and by the dollar intonation some characters (especially the children or with childish voices) put out are hard to sit through. Then you have the absolute stupidest fanfic tier dialog shit when the camera isn't pointing at anybody so they could fill in the silence for ADHD kids, or sometimes even when they're speaking you can feel the (((localization))) team having a field day, from jerking off characters to making up random lore. Sometimes even that gets unbearable and evidently clashes with the original OST tone.

>guitar overpowered by trashy digital sounds
>retarded as fuck yelling
Mainline db hasn't had a high quality track in almost a decade, barring a single exception.
youtube.com/watch?v=cq_i0K5xv7A

What's the consensus on this movie?

>tfw saw Super Broly in theaters
>Crowd was going nuts during this fight
It was so fucking good. Like, holy shit. Probably the best fight in Dragon Ball's history

Is someone here playing DBFZ?. I hear there is pirate server or something like that

Best dragon ball movie and best modern dragon ball movie

It does nearly everything right

youtube.com/watch?v=wde_5Bj0HxE

Make way for best track.

Attached: Gogeta.gif (320x180, 2.86M)

It's really amazing, since the old Broly movies were shit. Even as a kid I knew they sucked

Personally, I think it was really dull yet still better than at least half the db movies.
On here, it's split between hating it and kind of liking it.
Generally, people enjoyed it for the most part and it penetrated mainstream culture.

English wise, at least, yeah.
The humor is hit and miss, but they know damn well how to make the dramatic moments hit.

God I want to believe this is bait if only so I can hold onto hope that people aren't this fuckin' retarded unironically.

Attached: 1555345193898.gif (300x126, 497K)

Cheelai best girl but also pretty good. The shots of humor are nice and Frieza getting his ass handed to him for over an hour always acts as a highlight as Goku and Vegeta work on fusion.

Attached: Screenshot_20190212-162947.jpg (2200x1080, 973K)

genkai toppa x survivor is unironically the best OP since GT, a track so good and nostalgic it sounds like it belongs on a PS1/PS2 DB game, the only bummer is there's no Kageyama but that's okay

I think i have to revisit all the movies,i didn't remember all of them being so shitty

It's pretty good, but I liked it better when Broly was just a fucking rage monster and not "gee guys he's just misunderstood let's use the dragon balls to revive him"

the fights are cool but the story is dumb as hell.
so pretty much dragon ball in a nutshell.

1, 12, and 13 are the best IMO. The other ones vary on taste, but the only one I can consider salvageable beside those is 9, just because I'm a gohanfag and it's the last canon appearence of future Trunks before DBS.

>genkai toppa x survivor is unironically the best OP since GT
Sure, but it doesn't have much competetion if any. It's not bad, but not great either.
>it sounds like it belongs on a PS1/PS2 DB game, the only bummer is there's no Kageyama but that's okay
The solo part reminds me of that, but not much else. I don't really understand though why Kageyama had to leave along with Yamamoto unless his songs were plagiarized too.

You realize that "Best Dragon Ball movie" is a low fucking bar, right. They're all shit, even the OG Dragon Ball movies are kinda meh, and Super Broly massively shits all over the Z movies hands down. Whether you're looking at animations, character, story, world building, drama, it's at the top.
Would be interested to hear which movie you think is better and why, though.

>walks anywhere
>Kssh
>Kssh
>Kssh

Also this moment threw my friend for a loop. Dude is lucky on not seeing any trailers beyond the announcement.

Attached: 535.jpg (1052x996, 542K)

youtube.com/watch?v=dY2_Lv9oobk

Kino

youtube.com/watch?v=q1fjro66QQM

>You realize that "Best Dragon Ball movie" is a low fucking bar, right.
Path to Power
Dead Zone
World's Strongest
Cooler's Revenge
Fusion Reborn
>Whether you're looking at animations, character, story, world building, drama, it's at the top.
You know none of this is true but animations and even then, there's little choreography if any at all.

IM
QUITE
CONFIDENT
IN
MY
SPEED
YOU
KNOW

Ghost Stories English dub is the superior dub

>Kageyama had to leave

I don't think he had to "leave". Kai had no involvement from Kageyama. It's just that the two were kinda friends, and there's probably embarrassment in calling him when they have done without him for a long time now. He's mostly relegated to the past of DB in the popular imagination.

Did you even watch the fucking film because you got every single thing wrong.
Broly turns into the fucking Rage Monster and he's far better at the Rage Monster role than My Skin is Cold ever was. The only time he reverts from Rage Monster is when the attack that is supposed to kill him is about to hit him and he realizes "Oh god I'm fucked"
And the dragon balls don't revive him, they save his life. The difference is actually meaningful, too. The entire point of the movie was to save his life, after all. He didn't deserve to die.

Attached: ss_45843bf588043d22c9f3b3363d2c00ba124cedb8.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 360K)

>less than 10 posts in the thread is derailed into Yea Forums-spic tier dub vs sub garbage

Attached: 1545639085709.gif (500x384, 951K)

Oh and of course DB movies are all good and for GT I think Path to Power is the one you'll like more.

All I wanted was a cell shitposting thread, damn it.

in the original he might not have deserved it because he couldn't help being born that way, but it was at the least NECESSARY.
"it's ok user he didn't deserve to die, he just destroyed all of South Galaxy"
taking that away in the remake was a bad idea
don't try to humanize fucking BROLY

>I don't think he had to "leave". Kai had no involvement from Kageyama.
Yamamoto did a lot of the osts for early db games up to Budokai 3, so it isn't much of a stretch to assume he worked with Kageyama.
>there's probably embarrassment in calling him when they have done without him for a long time now
I don't see why that matters when they keep Yamamuro around despite his irredeemably low quality and Toei's lack of care for modern db in general.
I know it'll never happen again, but it's such a disappointment to boot up a new db game and hear background noise instead of music. Fucking Dokkan has better music than the rest of the franchise at this point.

The Android saga to build up cell is terrible and boring

Attached: 1555446498014.jpg (825x464, 54K)

Is the Cell era over, can i use him without annoying the hell out of everyone online?

Attached: 1530511473517.jpg (1920x1080, 115K)

normally people will ride on with it, posting other dbfz scenes or just db moments in general but i guess we were due some sub vs dub autism today
cell has been long irrelevant by now
they nerfed him iirc

Attached: 1553409396011.gif (932x716, 130K)

Path to Power, Cooler's Revenge and Fusion Reborn I won't even acknowledge because lmao.
Dead Zone is a low-stakes semi-canon misadventure about Gohan pissing on Krillin's head. The only cool part is that Goku and Piccolo ALMOST fight.
World's Strongest is a solid story but nothing more and completely falls on its ass in the final act. Again, the best part, Piccolo and Goku fighting, is cut short. Goku just beats the fuck out of the Biowarriors and then there's a mech and they Kamehameha it. Yes, they're good, but they just kinda...happen, I don't know. You know from the get go that nothing meaningful is gonna happen. Villain gets introduced and then Goku beats them. Deadzone's crowning moment being as Goku fights the Spice Girls, World's Strongest being when Roshi fights in general.
Super Broly instead continues the canon and does some world building in the past, even if it's just some minor details. It's not about "Can Goku beat the bad guy?", it's rather "Is there any way out of this that doesn't end in Broly biting it?" At the VERY least it's far more creative with what Dragon Ball CAN be used for than any other movie of the series ever attempted. It actually uses its characters in a way that makes sense, focuses not just on good fight scenes and actually has stakes other than "save the world". Characters that aren't Saiyans actually matter and this movie marks the return of actual fucking martial arts to Dragon Ball.
You also imply that the soundtrack for it wasn't 12/10 so fuck you, I hate you in a personal way.

oh shit they finally got to this ep?

>going about your daily routine
>this starts playing
youtu.be/IPjOrNtzBdY
What happens?

Amazing movie and best dragon Ball Media

Watched 3 time and I'll rewatch soon

High IQ post

Even as a 9-year old I was trashtalking other kids at school who watch the boring ass anime

Attached: perfect form.jpg (1066x1600, 261K)

at lest we know where supers animation budget went

I know vegeta blasted these poor people out of the assumption that bulma gonna bring them back (and to make goku to take him more seriously) but still, that's one dick move that's pretty uncalled for

based, most dubs not only cut the music but also didnt include the subtle oozaru roar

it makes the scene ten times better without dialogue

>Cooler's Revenge
>Fusion Reborn
>won't even acknowledge because lmao
>Implying literally any piece of Super media in general has a soundtrack better than hot garbage
Jesus I'm unreasonably mad at how shit your taste is.

Attached: 1555319905250.jpg (760x517, 274K)

I was watching the universe survival saga

Even if Goku is a psychopath and everyone is ok with him the main fights are cool as hell

I fucking despise Super with every fiber of my being, I hate it more than GT.
Super Broly is not even in the same ballpark as that fucking trainwreck, it's not even the same fucking GAME.

And yes, when we are talking about movies in the tier of Deadzone, World's Strongest and Super Broly, bringing those 3 special children along is ridiculous.
You can like them, I like them too, but come on man, they're not NEARLY as good.

>taking that away in the remake was a bad idea
>don't try to humanize fucking BROLY
You didnt watch the fucking movie or understand what broly was. It was wrong of his dad to make him into a weapon and even without the shock collar it was proven that he could be a calm and cohesive man. Killing him would be like killing bruce banner just because the hulk exists in him.

See, the thing about Super Broly is, it's got nothin' new to it.
It's got nothing new to offer in terms of spectacle, Battle of the Gods still has it beat even with at least a wider variety of environments that fighting takes place in, as well as a far more enjoyable villain.
It's got nothin' new for character, Broly's the only one that's arguably improved and even that's only compared to the silliness of the cry baby point from the old movie. I guess everyone forgets the fuckin' brutal gut stabbing and death ditch, kinda fuckin' important points too. Leave those out and Broly has literally no reason to have such a colossal temper.

The 'new' form is just Gogeta but Blue, and pales BAD in comparison to his short but sweet screen time in his old movie. No music, all badass, over in less than five minutes. Also his ball finisher actually FINISHED in that movie, whereas here it's literally just another ki attack, and the ACTUAL finisher is yet another fucking kamehameha.

Additionally, the soundtrack sucks colossal anal seepage. The old Broly movie is practically inseparable from its soundtrack, it fits the movie so well regardless of whether the songs themselves are always top tier. I don't care how memed it is, that Pantera song's a patrician taste pick.

Instead in the nu-Broly film we get autistic, "GO, GO, GOGETA, GOGETA" chanting over a fucking aids-for-your-eyes flash fest, 3/4ths of which is just animated in fucking cgi puppets.

God I hate this movie.

Attached: Bardock on the job.png (1920x1080, 2.41M)

No joke, but Dragonball's characters look a lot more better on Manga than anime.

>he couldn't help being born that way
He was a sadistic, murderous, world destroying fuck even in his lucid moments.
Have you not watched the original Broly movie either?

Attached: 1554595230436.jpg (168x300, 9K)

imagine being this much of a contrarian

Attached: 1543871275045.jpg (466x379, 52K)

>because lmao
Not an argument.
>The only cool part is that Goku and Piccolo ALMOST fight.
I'm not going to say it was great, but it had some good choreography, which really stands out at this point.
>completely falls on its ass in the final act
The spirit bomb was pretty nice and, again, it had some damn good choreography. It was a good movie through and through.
>Super Broly instead continues the canon and does some world building in the past, even if it's just some minor details
The only thing it did for the past was give Broly a reason to exist and showing off a young Freeza which adds nothing. The rest is stolen from minus and destroys Bardock anyway.
>it's rather "Is there any way out of this that doesn't end in Broly biting it?"
So what, any stakes there are for him are null and void because of his shitty character and the presence of the dragon balls. Plus, dying never stopped him before.
>At the VERY least it's far more creative with what Dragon Ball CAN be used for than any other movie of the series ever attempted
If you're going to use Broly, BoG was far more creative in that respect by introducing Beerus and the god heirarchy as well as the SSG backstory and the other universes.
>Characters that aren't Saiyans actually matter
As nothing more than plot devices between Bulma just inciting the search for the dragon balls, Cheelai existing just to take care of Broly, and Freeza inciting Broly's transformation.
>marks the return of actual fucking martial arts to Dragon Ball.
Not by a long shot, it was zooming around and fireworks for the most part. Motions were not interesting to watch and blows had no weight to them for the most part.
>You also imply that the soundtrack for it wasn't 12/10
Because it wasn't, the most I can say is that it was better than Super's ost which really isn't saying much.

I remember when people were this high on Revival of F, then like a year passed and everyone realized how dogshit that movie was. Hopefully we'll have a round two, because this goes beyond going against the normie consensus, this goes even further beyond.

Attached: D2ONg8wWoAAo38V.jpg (1200x1200, 135K)

>he didnt watch the dubbed version with the japanese theme
pleb

fuck that diva schemmel and fuck chris "wore my voice out so now everyone I voice sounds the same" sabat for standing against based Vic.

reminder Ocean dub Vegeta was the best

>normie
Go back

old Sabat > Ocean dub >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> current Sabat

don't worry, the beard is gonna wipe the floor with those retards

desu the way in which the ocean>funi switchover panned out was pretty good timing for how vegeta's character changed in the series at the same time.

easily an 8/10 movie, and a 9/10 DBZ movie.

>It's got nothin' new for character
Paragus and Cheelai I could already fill a 2000 character post with.
The brutal gut stabbing and death ditch is exactly why OG Broly is fucking stupid, because after that, he doesn't give a fuck about Vegeta, he hates Kakarot more because of what, 30 minutes of crying? Really?
The colossal temper of Broly is actually implied to be because he taps into Oozaru power. OG Broly was the Legendary Super Saiyan, which basically meant huge beefcake and green hair.
Super's Legendary Super Saiyan means using the massive Oozaru power without transforming, and that comes with a massive rage problem. Especially when you don't have it under control, which he doesn't.

Rest is just being contrarian. All I can say is I disagree with your subjective views.

Thanks Doc.

>Paragus and Cheelai I could already fill a 2000 character post with
>affording that kind of outright silly leeway to the nu-nobody and literally Paragus again, but taking OG Broly at straight face value
>your subjective views
God it's like MauLer's infected half the critical sphere with his terrible taste and analysis skills.

Attached: 1553893450111.jpg (433x427, 86K)

We get it

I'm sorry if you're a autistic retard

>literally Paragus again
Rewatch the movies.
Yes, OG Paragus fucking sucks, but new Paragus is based more on "You have no idea what we went through, don't you dare judge". There actually is WAY more to him.
And yes, you are right, Cheelai is a nobody. That's the point of introducing new characters.
And sorry, not familiar with your e-celeb.

youtu.be/8foapEpd_cI?t=93

>a autistic
>"You have no idea what we went through, don't you dare judge"
You should rewatch the movies too, because whether or not that's his sentiment, he doesn't get to actually say anything remotely like that to anyone before he's flat fuckin' killed.

Attached: 1551387403486.png (651x561, 740K)

>Battle of the Gods still has it beat

BOTG can't compare with any of the classics, much less beat what is arguably the result of the most love and care the franchise has received in 20 years.

What a boring thread

Attached: tao_pai_pais_revenge.png (633x1075, 983K)

But he does say that. To Cheelai. That's the whole crux of the first half of the movie. It's part of the whole Shock Collar thing, Cheelai calling him out, saying he's a terrible parent and he responds with that.

>lol my new shitty fan service movie isn't fan service, it's LOVE and CARE
Unironically strongly consider suicide.

Attached: 1553460390183.jpg (541x541, 33K)

Say whatever you want about super, you're probably right, but you can't deny that goku/frieza vs jiren was top tier

The final exchange from the time Goku boosts Freeza for a nova strike to the end was nice, but still nowhere near top tier.

Boy it smells like an Yea Forums DBS thread in here

Attached: 5f135bd992018718ee9a6f321cde5b56.jpg (557x436, 31K)

based shallow judger that loves movies where shit doesn't happen for 40 minutes

Jiren's lame. I wish it was Goku/Frieza vs Toppo

based.

what if nu-broly dlc has cheelai in his intro...

Attached: 1538354532319.gif (466x498, 2.84M)

youtube.com/watch?v=heqvwbMuzuM

Attached: Preparing the dose.gif (480x360, 445K)

How did fucking Gero land this 10/10 waifu?
And why did she have to suffer so much?

Attached: 902032.png (2000x1474, 2.5M)

Yea Forums dbs threads are basically consolewars threads. Just people posting Chad+character their like wordplays