Why does this game cost so fucking much

Why does this game cost so fucking much

Attached: 2382391-ps2_chulip.jpg (1524x2156, 1.48M)

It does? I bought it at gamestop a while back for like 10 bucks. Box, manual, and everything. How much is it now?

Why is this game so fucking kino.

Factory sealed, $100

Actual soul, it was someone's life poured into a game. Not "technical limitations=soul" bullshit

$40 to $50 for disk only
About $80 complete

Of course a sealed copy is going to go for a ton. Just get a loose copy and save $30 - $40. Or build a time machine and get it for cheaper.

Sweet, buying the game on a whim worked out this time for me.

normies have jacked up prices

It was on Jon era Game Grumps.

Any retro game that gets some kind of eceleb push has that happen, thankfully I haven't had that happen to Umihara Kawase yet, I still need to get a Super Famicom version that I've been putting off for years.

Just get disc only.

You better get one soon. They're at $90 right now for a boxed copy. Mine was $30 back in 2011. Also, apparently there is a Vita version and also a Switch version coming soon. And I thought I had them all already.

game drumps

I've been thinking about just forgetting ebay prices all together and just going on yahoo auctions or something because Japanese retro game market isn't as nearly as masochistic in price. I'm just retarded and need to figure out how to learn how to buy on yahoo auctions as an american.

Sure, you'll be able to buy the game cheaper that way, but you'll end up spending more on shipping and proxy bidding/shipping. You'll most likely end up roughly the same amount only with more hassle.

Punchline made two games for the PS2 which are expensive as fuck today.. Chulip and Rule of Rose.... not so bad from ex Human Entertainment devs

I emailed their site and Marvelous Entertainment asking if they still have the rights to be Chulip because I'm seriously considering making an offer.

And you would do what with it?

Probably produce a remake of it for the big three platforms and PC. The production would cost less than the rights I'm sure.

Actually pretty cool, user if you aren't lying

Good luck with it all

Attached: 1556210753612.jpg (367x446, 41K)

Thanks, but I doubt they get back. It'll probably be a long time before I manage to get someone in Japan to start talking in person.

Oissu!

I have literally never understood wtf he's supposed to be saying

Fucking LOVE Chulip. My friend and I finally beat it like two days ago.
SO GOOD. I absolutely love everything about the characters and world. Def going to take a lot of inspiration from it.

Say though, is there ANY PDF of the "guide"? I'm talking about the big guide book with all of the concept art and pictures and all that. It looks AMAZING but all of the copies for sale are like....300 dollars. I'm sure it's online somewhere, right...?

pic related, some Chulip fanart I did.

Attached: muppet fucker.png (455x464, 370K)

I guess I should have attached pic related instead, here's the said guide book.

Attached: D5eh3N7UEAAXJ0I.jpg (986x1200, 127K)

Lovely art, user. I haven't been able to find any scans but if I do or if I get a guide I'll be sure to post it around here

Attached: Llt-concept1.jpg (1356x960, 429K)

>Chulip was meant to be a franchise with a sequel set in Brooklyn
Life isn't fair

Attached: Screenshot_20180617-191027.png (1440x1957, 738K)

>0996073▶
Rule of Rose was very unique, loved it
sad that after that it seems they went under

I guess it demonstrates that marketing is just as if not more important than making a good game

You are like baby.

Attached: ps2_hack_quarantine-110214.jpg (640x908, 119K)

game came out in 2006 on the ps2. everyone was thinking of next gen. bad timing that is all but to tell the truth even if the game came out in 2004 it wouldnt have done that well

It was also a GameStop exclusive with literally no ads or anything. It was left out to die.

>look it up
>70 usd mint condition
sheeeeiiit

I have a sealed copy and I'm tempted to get a loose one to play. How easy it to just burn my own?

didn't know it was a gamestop exclusive//fuck

Attached: Rule of Rose CP GAME AWESOME.jpg (250x354, 27K)

It's like 10 dollars on the PSN, iirc?

It doesn't work on PS4 or I'd get it tonight. There aren't many PS3 games I want so I'm not sure it's worth it.

Hmm...maybe go for computer emulation?
Having the ability to speed up time/save anywhere would improve the game-flow of Chulip anyways, imo?

>weird game no one cares about
>price stays reasonably low
>fucking gamegrumps plays it
>price shoots up

so do these like actually continue the story of the show?

nothing is going is to stay niche forever thanks to the internet. the only thing you can do is be ahead of the curve and get what you can before the price shoots up.

>tfw I paid 250aud for this

Zero regrets though.

Attached: images (2).jpg (434x707, 61K)

>all those games passed over for PAL region
>can't even buy a fraction of the old games on psn

Yeah, the first game picks up right after the ending of SIGN, and characters from it started appearing in the games more often as they went on. .hack was the first really big multimedia series that I can remember, where you had multiple games, books, manga, and anime all telling one story, at least that I can remember.

I got it when it came out and love it. It's a PS2 classic on PS3, if that's an option for you.

>got a brand new copy for cheap at gamestop
>was so fucking happy to find it
>decide to give it to gf as a gift
>dumps me shortly after

Attached: 1536374273147.png (760x839, 760K)

>Spend nearly $200 on this because I really liked Digital Devil Saga and I heard this was an overlooked masterpiece
>Persona 3 comes out less than a year later and Nocturne gets reprinted due to the exploding popularity of the franchise

It's a bittersweet feeling.

Attached: 220px-Shin_Megami_Tensei_Nocturne_NA_cover.png (220x309, 108K)

It's only doubled in price. That's not so bad.

Fun game. I like the English dub a lot but I got the Japanese version years ago as it was cheaper. If you ever try it the Tengu/Hard difficulty makes the game very fun.

you did pay for the last great SMT game at least

>Gifting weird weeb games to your GF
No wonder you got dumped for some chad who gives her real gifts.

Fucking hell I had forgotten all about this gem. Night time in that game made me more on edge than any "real" horror game.

she was the weeb of the relationship, i just like vidya