Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uZNNjPXgg1U
wccftech.com/itsuno-would-love-make-dragons-dogma-2/
vg247.com/2019/02/07/dragons-dogma-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=Bvoum82yJa4
youtube.com/watch?v=AWFaj4IQ4ro
youtube.com/watch?v=r8kODKzwrXw
youtu.be/GZMPrlJwt1U
destructoid.com/tekken-x-street-fighter-is-somehow-still-alive-switch-port-of-tekken-7-might-be-possible-536342.phtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>look I dont care about your politics
Woe is he are guy Yea Forums?

If you actually care about Final Fantasy VII, then you should be glad it's vaporware. You don't remake a game and change its genre entirely.

What is vaporware

>US writing is very somber with relatable characters
>villain is mentally unstable but theres enough hint that a player can understand his psychology
>more recent incarnations of the characters show them as broody 1 note tropes
>Sephiroth is muh machinations and just does evil for whatever
>remake will probably pander to these characterizations
In all honesty, the original interpretation presented by the US release was probably the localizers taking severe liabilities. I don't know nihongo but what if in the original translation the game IS supposed to be a mopey retard fest.

games stuck in development hell, presumably abandoned but never officially cancelled

A S T H E T I C

Attached: 20190504_214139.jpg (1432x797, 297K)

>FF has been stuck in Kingdom Hearts Combat hell for over a decade
I just.. I just want either a good action game or a good turn based RPG. Fuck ATB and fuck Nomura.

>liabilities
Did you mean liberties?

Yes I did. I'm not even on my phone, I'm just stupid.

Hellraid
Ad Infinitum
WiLD

From a JRPG to a JRPG?

I honestly think that the reason Half-Life 3 never got released was because Valve wanted it to be revolutionary like the last two games. They tried and tried to make it stand out, going from gimmick to gimmick. I think last time they decided it would be the first big VR game. But eventually they just lost focus.

Hellraid
Starcitizen
Bannerlord 2

Good thread user.

Attached: tekken-x-street-fighter.png (750x400, 511K)

What iiiiiiiiiiisssss A S T H E T I C

Attached: 1540584647045.jpg (1920x1080, 181K)

>I honestly think that the reason Half-Life 3 never got released was because Valve wanted it to be revolutionary like the last two games.
If you read between the lines of what current and ex-Valve employees say, theres been at least 3 fully made half-life 3 games at valve that have been shut down for whatever reason. What the hell do people even do at valve anymore? Its been like a decade without an original game, that is to say, a game that wasn't a fan mod turned legit.

>On March 18 of 2019, Sony Interactive Entertainment filed for a new trademark in the United States for Wild, confirming the game hasn't been cancelled.
Okay, maybe WiLD isn’t vaporware after all

I’m convinced that this game doesn’t exist.

Attached: 861E1908-5BD0-4182-A291-CA7586F0EF24.jpg (1152x648, 137K)

Attached: e42026506ad27010d547a4f4171b5365_original.png (1552x873, 1.14M)

It actually gets random pictures from the main guy on his Twitter, but he slowed down after Ubisoft gave him assloads of money for his dream project of BG&E2

I'M STILL MAD EVEN IF IT WAS GOING TO BE F2P SHIT

Attached: large (1).jpg (1280x720, 253K)

100% turned into dragons dogma

It's possible but I think Itsuno would've been foreshadow it's development

yes, dragons dogma 2,that game that- oh yeah it doesnt exist either

I'm doing it right lads?

Attached: Medievil.jpg (741x414, 27K)

are you retarded? its literally itsuno's next game after dmc5

woah nice,where's the announcement page and trailer? it's totally confirmed right? otherwise it doesn't exists

youtube.com/watch?v=uZNNjPXgg1U
Still waiting...

and the warhammer 40k MMO that they can't make their minds up about

Attached: Camelot_Unchained_Logo[1].jpg (365x273, 18K)

Are you retarded? The next Itsuno game after DMC5 is Rivals Schools 3. Deep Down is being produced by Yoshinori Ono, and i'm 100% that it will come in the next gen.

WHERE THE FUCK IS ATOMIC HEART

Also, the "Breengrub" Twitter and Gaben's "Ricochet 2" rant both went up in early 2012. The latter a month before the former. Both a little over a year after Valve said they were done doing episodes. A few months later, CSGO came out.

I hypothesize that like CSS, CSGO was going to debut bundled with the next Half Life game. But it got scrapped very suddenly.

Unironically.

Attached: fb28909dcad3d7e61df2a915ee04c98d.jpg (1080x1225, 126K)

JUST STICK AROUND
WAIT UNTIL TONIGHT
MY LOVE

>Rival Dchool 3
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH IT HURTS

from a jrpg to a shitty action game, have you not watched fucking anything related to the remake or even FF15? And we know how square operates, when they get some stupid mechanics in their head they like to push it constantly, I mean they are still obsessed with making their games look like they have advent children combat for like 15 years now

mad and bad at games. Sorry they take skill now. Turn bsed shit is basically a visual novel.

>crossdresses hours later
based

Is E3 just a video game pitch conference now? I feel like we get these trailers for games that just never are going to come out.

Attached: baby_eyecatch[1].png (1800x918, 2.8M)

oh you are a brainlet, my bad

the part where itsuno literally said it himself????

wccftech.com/itsuno-would-love-make-dragons-dogma-2/
>literally the day dmc5 came out

vg247.com/2019/02/07/dragons-dogma-2/
"look, I want to make either Devil May Cry 5 or Dragon’s Dogma 2 next,” Itsuno told VG247 through a translator as part of a Devil May Cry 5 media tour. “He said ‘okay, do whatever you want. Do whichever one you want.’ So I thought, alright, y’know what… let’s do DMC5. So we did that.”"

Seriously, what the hell happened?

Just Sony mostly.

Attached: 1556628895740.jpg (824x579, 85K)

Who are they pitching games to?

Given how much actual dialogue was in the original game, I doubt theyd be willing to spend the money on having voice actors record that much. So it'll probably be reduced to quips and one liners plus a few memorable lines from the original.

Not only that but a few of the VAs just wouldnt sound convincing giving full blown performances. Cloud and Sephy specifically. That is unless they recast

This guy are sick

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, you know

Some non-existent group of people that currently plays Xbone/Nintendo/PC but would buy a Playstation if only a certain PSwhatever exclusive were to be announced.

This is literally Sony's problem. They do have talented developers with original ideas, but the higher ups want a 'Halo killer' or some bullshit like that. They never make games for the customers they have, just the customers they'd LIKE to have.

Yes
Game journalists

just put me on the box senpai

Attached: 8258B278-1545-4497-B98E-C8E2FF8AD5DE.jpg (900x576, 82K)

Nah theres too much money being pumped into ND from Sony to cancel this game. My guess is a PS5 exclusive

Bayonetta 3 is not published by Sony user.

Investors. Crowd Funding

I hope that this game flops and after this Naughty Dog be shut down, it's the only way to save Jak and the other Sony studios.

> Sony marketed game
> Flopping

Even the shittiest of shittiest games sell millions because of Sony's marketing alone

Not likely. Appeals to a vast selection of casuals

exactly what the name implies.

software that turns into vapor an floats away into nothingness

almost forgot. deep down.

Development didn't even start until 2 years after it was revealed. The "trailer" is nothing more than the MP logo with a stylized 4 next to it

Attached: Gm4KPLghZvB3FQnPsNqhNB-320-80.jpg (320x180, 7K)

I like that Sony "won" that E3 when they announced a fucking kickstarter and basically every game would continue to announce during E3's for the rest of the PS4's life.

>All they had to do was make an Ocarina of Time 3D-style remake with updated, but still low-poly models and redone backgrounds that kept the spirit of the original
>Instead they tried to make it their most ambitious game to date
>Will take so much money and development time that they can't even release it is a single game because the original is too big
>Completely scrapped CyberConnect2's version of the game, which was probably fine but not up to Square Enix's ridiculous expectations

Say what you want about FFVII, but it's a piece of gaming history, and a damn fine game in its own right. I'm so fucking pissed that one of the games that defined my adolescence has been reduced to an embarrassing joke for the last fifteen years and counting.

Attached: 1551920307338.jpg (1024x576, 25K)

The first game bombed hard, plus Capcom probably didn't want to sign off on the SF side taking massive liberties to fit into the Tekken style.

I remember they had an in-progress model of Ryu or Ken shown off once.

Have they said anything about this since the initial teaser?

Attached: maxresdefault (12).jpg (1280x720, 102K)

From a turn-based JRPG to an action JRPG?

Action JRPGs are still JRPGs, games like Nier and Ys retain all the look, feel and emotion of JRPGs, just happen to be more fast based and not slow and turn based where you transition to a separate screen just for a ten second battle.

Just because you prefer one style over the other doesn't mean it's not a big change, and it's not right to change it for a remake. I prefer anime-style 2D fighting games like Guilty Gear to classic ones like Street Fighter, but it wouldn't be right to remake Street Fighter 2 with air dashes and Roman Cancels just because people who don't care about the original might prefer it.

He should be but shitposting is too prevalent

Yea Forums is the largest casual audience I know

>it's not right to change it for a remake
It's the perfect time to change it
If you want to play the original, go play it. A fresh coat of paint isn't going to make an old game interesting again, but changing the gameplay just might

didn't they confirm that the whole gameplay demo they showed was actually completely CGI? and that the game isn't even being developed?

Routine.

This is just the DmC: Devil May Cry argument all over again. If they aren't going to be true to the spirit of the original, then they should make an original game. There's no practical need to call it Final Fantasy VII if they change everything about it besides just wanting to ride on the coattails of the original because they don't have any confidence in their ability to sell the game without it. You don't get to wear its skin and avoid getting compared unfavorably to it, you can't eat your cake and still have your cake.

But I wouldn't make as big a deal out of it if I had any confidence in Square's ability to make an action combat system that doesn't feel like shit. Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix is the best they've managed, and that's just not good enough to change my mind that it's a mistake to move away from the ATB system of the original (and I don't even like the ATB that much compared to things like SMT's Press Turn system).

>it's been almost 5 years
youtube.com/watch?v=Bvoum82yJa4
I'm STILL waiting

Attached: 1504571392164.jpg (919x720, 59K)

Attached: 1549656808054.png (217x199, 46K)

Honestly, before the FFVII trailer came out years ago, I would have probably preferred the remake be turn-based. After seeing the 5 seconds of gameplay, the action-based looks kinda neat. I don't know how the final product will be, but there are good turn-based and there are bad turn-based games, and there are good action-based and there are bad action-based. For me, what's most important is that it's a good and fun game, while retaining the atmosphere and emotions of the original game. If they make/modernise a few aspects of gameplay and dialogue, that's fine by me. The original game was 35 hours, today a 35 hour game won't fly, most JRPGs are expected to last 100 hours.

And besides, it's not like the original game will just vanish and disappear once the remake comes out. It's still there and I play it every year, its a fun game and I love it. I'll probably keep playing it after the remake comes out. I'd rather a fresh modernised take on it, than just the exact same game I've played countless times for years but with modern HD graphics.

after the teaser at the switch presentation panel we had a full trailer a few months later and thats about it. It been like 2 years since that trailer.

I loved TLOU 1, and didn't play the DLC. The dyke shit probably means I won't play it. I don't know why Jews are so desperate to force LGBT degeneracy on the Christian world, when their own torah says such stuff should be punishable by death.

Attached: kike.png (462x484, 204K)

>mfw i had forgotten about it
Fuck you for reminding me.

It won't have the same success as the first by the time of comes out because everyone has moved away from those style of games.

bayonetta 3

youtube.com/watch?v=AWFaj4IQ4ro

how in the flying fuck is this still not officially cancelled

P5 was vapoerwave at one point. SMT5 will come. It's like you don't know how Atlus works after all these years.

Attached: image41.jpg (1345x600, 62K)

>vapoerwave
I obviously meant vaporware but P5 vaporwave should be fun

>You don't get to wear its skin and avoid getting compared unfavorably to it
I mean, have you considered the possibility that it turns out a better game? As much as I loved the old games, the reason they're remembered isn't for their incredible gameplay, but their characters, story and music, all of which are coming back.

Repeatedly selecting the same command from a menu, with the only difficulty variable being how many random encounters you fight, is either strictly in the realm of mobile games by modern standards. They were a necessary evil meant simply to pad the length of the game. You may as well complain about them removing loading screens.

It'll be a PS6 exclusive, don't worry.

I still wait for the day we get an action JRPG with real-time job changing a la X-2. Or maybe there is already i game like that, and i missed it?

I don't get why Rockjews don't just officially cancel it. We all know it's not even being worked on.

Attached: Agent_video_game_cover.jpg (220x271, 4K)

none of the Final Fantasy games have had Kingdom Hearts combat though?

Attached: 1554009564268.webm (1024x640, 2.89M)

>inb4 FFXV
Lolno.

Dragon's Dogma came out almost a full year before Deep Down was first shown, user.

Did we ever see actual footage of this? I remember the reveal trailer was 100% CGI, despite people thinking it was ingame and that a PS4 could 'totally' render that.

I guess the people all mad at Final Fantasy evolving into ARPGs have zero experience with action games so they just assume Kingdom Hearts plays like FFXV since they're by the same company, which is as silly as saying Mario and Metroid are the same style of platforming.

Saito(producer of the game) said they will show something about the game in this year

I wonder, how many FF fans have actually played KH? I know my sister is one of them. But since she never played any modern games or any games, she can't even play XV. She can play turn based games. She even managed to beat Ozma in her playthrough. Which even I can't. But anything faster than that she just can't. Which kinda sucked since I wanna see her experience playing the remake (if it ever comes out). The original is our entry point into the series.

Attached: sakuna.webm (640x360, 2.7M)

Looks max comfy. What game? Has it been cancelled?

I thought Final Fantasy XV had a freeze time gimmick that sort of made the game play like it was turn based? Either way I'd wager anybody decently versed in turn based RPGs could get through a Kingdom Hearts game on Beginner mode if they gave it a stab.

I would love if they had the sienna wind orchestra perform all the music in VIIR, they are fucking fantastic and they've been one of the few who have shown any kind of love to Seph's actual theme TCBTP.

You think Final Fantasy XV takes skill? It's basically impossible to die in that game.

As long as we get another FF with actual job classes (and lots of them) i'll be ok, action or round-based.

What game?
title
>Has it been cancelled?
no idea really but was supposed to come out in 2018

Attached: sakunacombat.webm (640x360, 2.4M)

>I thought Final Fantasy XV had a freeze time gimmick that sort of made the game play like it was turn based?
I never turned that thing on. Probably should've when she played it.
>Either way I'd wager anybody decently versed in turn based RPGs could get through a Kingdom Hearts game on Beginner mode if they gave it a stab.
Agree. I don't know why, but my sister just really reluctant in playing action based games. I've gave her the controller while I'm playing KH, She'll squeel and curse anytime an enemy attacked her and just after a few minutes she just hands it back to me. I guess there are people that's just against or can't into action combat.

It hasn't even been a year since the reveal, do you bastards even know what Vaporaware is? The red flags only start rising after 2 full years without actual footage shown.

>title
Forgive me for my laziness. Anyways looks like my kinda game. Just checked, the site for Sakuna is still up. So I would think they'll still release it. Probably this year. I'll be keeping tab on this game anyways now. Thanks user.

They cancelled, the trademark wasn't renewed this year, they used to renew it in the past even years after they had stopped talking about the game.

>The red flags only start rising after 2 full years without actual footage shown.
So there's still hope for ?

I remember during the great space game resurgence there were dozens of indie games popping up all promising around the same thing, a big open world with different professions to master and lots of neat spaceships to fly. I remember quite a few gained some serious momentum and had demos released. Yet I can't think of any that made it to a full release.

Attached: original.jpg (678x960, 159K)

A new trailer for the damn game just popped by the end of 2018, Medievil remake is far from vaporware.

Naughty Dog is going open world, though.

Attached: one chapter in Lost Legacy.jpg (1024x774, 132K)

Attached: Wild.png (1398x742, 1018K)

I feel like Platinum probably overbooked themselves super hard with how many companies have hired them to make shit
Plus there was all that weirdness surrounding the Granblue game they were working on

E3 2019

>E3 2019
Definitely not for Tekken X Street Fighter, it surely has been quietly cancelled, it never went anywhere, not even a tease trailer, the most it ever got since 2012 was a concept art of Chun-Li by Tekken's artist and they behind doors they said a Ryu model in Tekken's style was made, but literally nothing beyond that. FFVII Remake and SMTV have actual full trailers.

I just wish FF could stick with one gameplay sytle for a while instead of jumping from one half baked new concept to another without ever iterating on it anymore.

I wish it stayed with X-2's style desu.

When it comes to the turn based crap I prefer half-baked innovation than stagnation. But action games? They should all be KH2 at least.

Attached: RoutineBanner_04.png (1820x828, 2.51M)

not vaporware, more of a lost game but:
I would love to see the original, goldsource based HL2 that was going to be like 3x long. apparently a good amount of levels for it were worked on at some point before they scrapped almost all of it but the underlying design elements for the source HL2.

I unironically miss ATB
And I think they really went off the rails after 7 in terms of just throwing shit at the wall, even if about half of the games still turned out good

Code vein, I just want a soulslike with an immortal companion to tank for me.

Attached: 1344162763612.jpg (224x217, 7K)

Guess the giant naked moster women pissed someone at Sony later.

It hasn't even been a full year since the delay.

Iteration isn't stagnation though. They would just completely dump one game's gimmick in the next one without giving it a chance to improve, at best you got spinoffs expanding on systems introduced in the mainline games like how FF9 handled skills continuing on in the Tactics games.

waporware =/= waporwave

>two guys and a thot
>what could possibly go wrong
At least we got Alien: Isolation

Attached: iC_anim_01.gif (160x120, 320K)

>Fuck ATB
The ATB is a thing since FF IV user, if you hate the ATB games, you basically hate all the FF except I II III and X(and XV, but everyone that is not XV-kun hate XV for many other reaons).

at this point I just want the thing to actually release m8,I even went & bought an older crt tv to use for when it lands now I just need to buy the right converter & hope the console will actually be worth it for VII alone

Attached: Slow Desktop.gif (500x373, 1020K)

And he hates it

>none of the Final Fantasy games have had Kingdom Hearts combat though?

Type 0 was the closest attempt that didn't suck ass

>I wonder, how many FF fans have actually played KH?
I have. Beaten all mainline FFs that aren't the MMOs and I have beaten every KH title except for the mobage.

to be fair, the shitty combat of XV was because of Tabata.

They won't even fucking say anything about it.

the thing is that JRPGs don't really have an end goal to focus on though? like what is "peak JRPG"?

Really, i think people who say that XV has the KH gameplay never played a single KH in their life.
Even KH1 is way more complex and has many more options than XV.

XV was going to have KH combat, when Nomura was the director, but then Tabata throw all the work inot the garbage and builded the worst action rpg battle system ever made in the videogame industry, it's literally the apotheosis of no effort-one button press for big spectacular visual. XV should have been a videogame, not an interactive movie.

>So there's still hope for ?
We had a gamepaly trailer less than 6 months ago, what's the deal with all this Medievil remake vaporware fear?

>Yea Forums is the largest casual audience I know
Is your name Jon snow? Because you know nothing.

Kingdom Hearts is one of my favorite games. Did I ever want Final Fantasy 7, SPECIFICALLY the seventh one, to play like that? Not really. Certain encounters would need to be gimped, and entire scenarios would probably be cut or neutered just because its simpler to program a turn based encounter than it is to design an action encounter or mob fight and have it be fun.
Also I liked Crisis Core combat, but it was a far cry from the original game. Hell, they couldn't even make KH3 play as well as 2FM. The KH Tokyo team, who I would trust with a genre switch like this, is no longer around anyway
People shit on turn based like it raped their mother, I don't get why they hate it so much and why they're averse to the idea of a remake retaining certain elements of the original.

>I don't know why Jews are so desperate to force LGBT degeneracy on the Christian world, when their own torah says such stuff should be punishable by death.
Because they want to see our better society crash and burn under all those progressive bullshit, and after that they will rise to take the full power over people.
this is how wars are done in civilized countries

There are rumors that the Aaron Foster (the lead designer) just gave up at some point and cut off contact with everybody. Even if it's not true, it has been too long. Shit's dead

yeah this kind of optimism is good and all, except you know FF15 exists and the FF7 remake is much more likely to end up like FF15, that is to say absolutely fucking terrible gameplay wise, when they could have gone with something they know would work like an updated ATB or some shit, square literally does this to themselves.

Besides, announcing the game as episodic is unironically the most idiotic thing they could have done, literally no fucking game in history has ever worked in episodic fashion, its far too ambitious a model, look what happened to xenosaga, which is a byproduct of the fact that xenogears was too ambitious, and the only ever produced one fucking episode of that shit.

They are so terrified that FF7s remake won't meet expectations that its going to be a self fulfilling prophecy once it turns out to be insanely terrible, if it comes out at all

Serious question. Is Square Enix in financial trouble? Many fans said:

"If Squaresoft remakes FF7 it's because they no longer know what else to invent."

Well the company is now Square Enix, but the statement may hold weight. However FF15 was no flop and will reach it's ten million units sold. So why remake FF7?

>Certain encounters would need to be gimped
you know people say this but it's not like turn based line battles presented much in the first place? people mention the elevator battle a lot and that is a great set piece but ultimately all style no substance. it's a regular battle except you can only use ranged attacks. set pieces feel amazing because the ground floor, the average fight, is dead simple.
so like on one hand you're sacrificing set pieces like the elevator while making any event where you have to run from enemies better, you're giving the combat actual level design where ranged attacks have strategic importance, you're adding the vertical element. it's one step back and twelve steps forward. if it's done right ;^). but KH3 crit mode is fine so my hopes are okay.

They won't make Red XIII almost completely mute like they did in advent children would they?

Attached: oh no.png (652x718, 601K)

Why would they? He actually has lines in VII.

>So why remake FF7?
To finally stop the rumors a FFVII remake is being made and get this shit over with, there was time ever since all the way back the PS2 tech demo that a FFVII remake was getting made, every single fucking year, and of course they didn't help matters by making yet another tech demo for the PS3.

Great point. I'm working through KH3 crit myself. KH3 plays fine, didn't mean to imply that it wasn't.

Interesting, I wasn't thinking specific set pieces when I said that, I just assumed certain events like being thrown in the sewers and fighting Aps (Was that his name?) was so unimportant or uninteresting that while easy to run through in a turn based setting would require a lot more dev time to make an interesting boss battle. Thus, if they were going to make the pace of the game flow better for action, they'd cut away all the less important encounters and events, and I think things like that give the original game charm.

Knowing SE, they'd probably nerf the Palmer fight into a cutscene and he wouldn't even get hit by the truck

Why would they? Just because Red XIII was irrelevant in Advent Children doesn't change his original role in the actual game.

Obligatory. Not even sure this was ever going to be a real game.

Attached: AC82EFE3-6970-468D-A168-440157AA4A2D.jpg (1920x1080, 823K)

Imagine them fucking up the soundtrack as bad as the X remaster.

well it's episodic bro so maybe they are going to deliver on the dumb minor bosses

>turns out a better
VERY unlikely with the way video game development proceeds today. Nearly the entire budget of the game will likely go into marketing and they will take out a lot of the stuff that made the original so memorable and charming in the first place. As for gameplay, how exactly would it be better than the ATB system? FFXV was a fucking joke and I was at one point hoping that game would turn out well as you seem to be hoping this game will turn out well.

I know people think its a meme or nostalgia or w/e, but video game development is largely worse as are the video games themselves, nowadays. There is far too much pressure on companies to make something that isn't so much good, as it is successful. FF7 came out in a time before the fucking shareholders got a proper hold on the video game industry, back before the industry was more profitable than the movie industry, risk and creativity were actually allowed. I mean FF7 has a lot of stuff in it that bucks the trend of every other game in the series before or after, so while some people may like FF9 more or FF6 more ultimately, FF7 stands out because of the unique properties that its known for, such as the cheesy dialogue from cloud, stuff like the honeybee inn, the fact that the game has much harsher language than most jrpgs, cid being an abusive husband, a love interest being killed off, cloud being an unreliable narrator etc etc.

Also keep in mind that every piece of media that has attempted to build off FF7 directly has been exponentially worse than FF7 itself, and I have no reason to assume it will be a better game. Clouds character was basically ruined by stuff like advent children.

Not in my game he didn't.

You will get to hear some tracks next month, in the pre-E3 concert.

If thats the only reason its episodic is to cram all the minor bullshit in then I'd buy it. It'd probably span 13 years and 2 console cycles to get al the episodes but I'd buy it

You never know. Even if it's very unlikely.

Yes, since it'll come out.

A VII remake has always bothered me since the original still plays well if you're not some kind of faggot child that can't handle atb bars and the minor hiccups are well, minor.
So all it boils down to is making the game look better and make higher quality sound effects since you can just mod in higher quality music if you want.

But they already made Advent Children which is essentially just fanservice and letting fans see what VII would be like with voice acting and better graphics.

>advent children haircut
it's gonna be shit. This is how cloud should look

Attached: ss_447db26929b9f39af9d6481193be89c15a093b0b.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 450K)

You really can't give SE the benefit of the doubt on anything, they mishandled the compilation and the main series for years. It seems like they add things we want by taking away two other things we thought should have been standard in these games.

I wish they would focus on making an actually good FF Action RPG instead of testing the waters witha remake of their biggest game. XV was so meh, I really think XVI could be great if they cut it out with the bullshit

the fact that you think ATB was stagnated proves you don't know shit about the mechanics of ATB. Pretty much every game that features ATB, has mechanically differed from the last game that featured it. FF4 was different 5 and 5 different from 6. FF7 was NOTHING like 9 either, which was drastically different from any game in the series despite looking the same at a glance. You just spew bullshit you know nothing about.

I've always thought that it could do with a re-localization and after playing the Japanese version I realize it could definitely use one, it's worse than most people realize. Though the localization aside, I agree, the game's still great.

Turn based goodness to shitty action rpg
Ffx was the last good ff and it hurts

i wanna believe yea yea i know capeshit

Attached: marvel-1.jpg (1920x1080, 148K)

They said that they re-worked the model since the E3 trailer. I think they said they made him look closer to his original look, but not many people have seen it, and that was years ago anyway.

>This summer will mark the 10th anniversary of Agent's announcement
>Game was announced to be in the works as a PS3 exclusive via the PlayStation Blog in 2007
12 years with no info other than a logo and generic premise. Easily one of the best examples of vaporware in recent memory

They are having a Final Fantasy VII concert literally days before their E3 conference, if that doesn't show anything new then it's over, people are already afraid of it being another FFXV divisive situation.

Attached: 1547836259931.png (471x258, 90K)

What hell even happened? This thing was announced when the Avengers only had one movie under its belt, now the entire MCU has basically ended and this thing never went anywhere, Eidos Montreal can't do anything right for the past years.

SE seems to be in the same rut Capcom was until a couple years ago. I'd like for them to pull themselves out of it, but I'm not holding my breath.

>now the entire MCU has basically ended

Huh? It's pretty evident that they left room for the future. It's just that the story they've been building on for more than a decade ended (that's still pretty bad).

so only recent thing is that they said more to be revealed at e3 this year so at most im hoping for a trailer, best case a release date and game play

That's very possible but also something that ultimately fans could do if they really felt like a English script do over was necessary.

what was this?

Attached: Confused Angel.png (283x195, 89K)

Attached: 0dc1dd1558ebfaeae9dfa7f8a9b00f3d_original.png (1024x576, 994K)

what you're describing is half-baked innovation. stagnation is shit like dragon quest.

At least it won't be Crisis Core combat I guess but KH? Really, if it's as shit as kh3 or FF15 then Square is dead, I rather turn based cause I don't trust them at all with that puesdo character action genere after those two

Anyone remember this one?
>Back in 2013 the guy who did the music for Valkyria Chronicles and Haruhi asks for $100,000 to make an old-school JRPG featuring talent like Tenchu's Gontaro and Nobuo Uematsu
>Claims that $100,000 will be enough because the team doesn't need to be paid because they have other jobs
>Gets $1,000,000 in pledges
>Goes dark aside from one or two posts a year
>Develops another game called Tiny Metal and tells everyone that he can't do Project Phoenix unless people buy Tiny Metal
>Two months ago he makes another post saying that he's assembling a team to "finish the game" despite having zero progress reports or any sort of gameplay

Attached: pro phoe.jpg (1552x873, 321K)

Some did, it was called Beacause or it was part of it or something. Not sure how well it was done, I've only seen a tiny amount of it, but what I've seen was kinda meh. Either worse writing or they didn't fix bad line decisions or didn't fix mistakes.

cringe and chudpilled

>This thing was announced when the Avengers only had one movie under its belt
It was announced in early 2017, well after Age of Ultron which was the second Avengers movie

Do you play Dragon Quest? I thought it was a stagnant series too until I actually played them, then I realized that they're just traditional, but change more than can be seen with a quick glance.

Avengers game by Square/Eidos, announced a long time ago with just that tease and then nothing happened.

Cry more pussy boomer

avengers game by square

It's a very stylish 4 though.

And speaking of porn vaporware

Attached: tumblr_pdodr1N5ht1uj08smo2_500.png (500x281, 200K)

Almost 4 years since.
>You're doing this for the planet same as us!

Attached: 768786687687786.jpg (155x230, 21K)

the thing about that is that people eat up dragon quest, stagnation might imply that the games end up all being the same but the one thing people can expect from DQ is that it will be a solid JRPG experience that scratches the itch. Historically final fantasy has always been the innovation JRPG even if its innovation is half baked so to speak. I guess what I'm getting at though, is that completely changing the genre is beyond the pale even for final fantasy, people already didnt like FFXV, and even had FFXV played like KH instead of like hot garbage, there would still be people that hated it. If people want to play KH they will play KH? It's not like final fantasy had action based games in the past, its always been variations of the ATB, that has been its calling card.

the FF7R is basically just a slap to the face, and more importantly though, I haven't seen ANYTHING that suggests it will be good, even KH3 was fucking awful, so even moreso I feel its going to be a fucking mistake. Not that I care ultimately because the original will always be there on my shelf, but when this shit turns out bad I don't wanna see people whining about what a let down it was lmao, as if it wasn't completely fucking telegraphed

I never paid any money for this, but I believed it was going to happen.
I couldn't have been any more wrong.

Attached: star-citizen.jpg (1200x800, 115K)

Wasn't there a fucking SE Avengers game planned?

Attached: 1556774201282.jpg (448x420, 40K)

June 9th, something new has gotta happen at the damn concert, it has to.

Attached: 1379935227404.gif (320x192, 666K)

If not for the fact that it just got a release date I probably would think it's never coming out desu.

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 10K)

Yep, just a few posts above yours there people recalling it.

>2 years ago
>A long time

Shut the fuck up, Wedge. I don't give a shit about any of you or Barret's hoaky bullshit. I'm only doing this for the money and so I can squirm my way up Tifa's short skirt and nestle between her muscular thighs in her good grace. For the duration of this job if you so much as drop a Chompsky quote on me I swear to god I'll shut my buster sword so far up your chubby ALF ass that the goddamn life stream will feel it. Now go plant some explosives or whatever your role is because I know you're too much of a buffoon to actually fight any of these SOLDIERs.

Attached: 1542601561624.jpg (1920x1080, 245K)

2 years with literally no info is a long time. Plenty of games announced in 2017 are out now.

Just read an article today that talked about how the Devs were looking for people with specific job experience with boss battles, stealth and cover systems.

Too bad this never got off the ground.

Attached: Shin_Megami_Tensei_X_Fire_Emblem_logo.png (220x121, 29K)

WHERE IS IT?

Attached: Code-Vein-Release-date.jpg (640x360, 54K)

Square enix is the epitome of corporate meddling these days. Meanwhile once hated companies like Capcom managed to shit out DMC5 and RE2remake in the same year.

Attached: ah shit only dead weight is our only hope.gif (384x206, 2.17M)

ITT people who think games only take a single year to fully develop.

>stealth and cover systems.
Who unorically wants to play as Black Widow? She is just an Avenger to be a bench warmer.

You mean this game didn't already come out months ago?

Despite the many retard replies, Tekken X Street Fighter among other examples here are legit vaporwares, and the fear of FFVII Remake turning into another FFXV situation is real.

Tits too big for contemporary standard.

No shit but AAA games from other companies eventually do come out. Like whats next up for the horizon, Last of Us 2, Cyberpunk 2077, those games will come out before SE can shit out another FF7remake trailer.

Remember when FFXV stupidly took a decade and it still wasn't finished for some unknown reason?

>I'm doing it right lads?
No you aren't. It's not vaporware just because you weren't paying attention to it.
youtube.com/watch?v=r8kODKzwrXw

Could mean Captain America, Antman, Black Panther

I figured Capcom canceled this because it was easier to shit out another Monster Hunter game and still make way more money.

well on its way to versus 13 status

Back in february they put out a 2019 release date and they were posting gameplay in late 2018.

>I doubt theyd be willing to spend the money on having voice actors record that much

The voice acting itself is not expensive for a company like SE. Tales games have bigger scripts than FF7 and it's all voice acted. The cost will come from animating and lip syncing everything.

Is this your first experience with Square-Enix?
Some publishers are smart enough to only announce games when they're coming out of beta.

SE is so fucking retarded they announced the Avengers game before a team was assembled to develop it. Most of their games actually are average development time (around 3-5 years, ignore FFXV as it's obviously an outlier)

There are so many games ITT where the developments actually seems average time with only minor delays such as
the problem is the publisher was retarded and announced the game during the concept stage.

>stagnation is shit like Dragon Quest.
No, dragon quest changes shit up but also understands "if it ain't broke don't fix it." It will introduce incremental improvements and changes but nothing that fundamentally changes what the series is at its core. Here's what XI added
>crafting equipment being tied to a simple but satisfying and fun minigame instead of just throwing shit in the alchemy pot and waiting
>skill points being spent on an ff12 license board-style character customization screen instead of just dumping points into a stat
>no random encounters
>jumping
>being able to use certain enemies as mounts
>"pep state" which is basically like trance from FFIX and "pep powers" which are like the Techniques from Chrono Trigger.
>Horse races

It had regular and consistent updates. At no point did it ever fall off the radar. Does anybody in this thread know the difference between vaporware and something that you just haven't seen new footage of in a couple of months, or never bothered to keep up to date on personally?

Attached: 1514596134227.gif (192x224, 44K)

youtu.be/GZMPrlJwt1U

I remember being legitimately hype for this game because it reminded me of that Lifeline game where you had to give some girl around with just your voice. And who doesn't want to be Charlie working with the Angels?

Attached: eyedentify03.jpg (760x427, 212K)

FFXV was only in development for 4-5 years as well, its just a Yea Forums meme (or people didn't pay attention), to say it took 10+ years, square fucking ADMITTED that the versus 13 shit was just a baked tech demo, it never had any tangible work on it besides what was seen and some concepts. Which of course makes things worse, because square lead people on despite never actually working on the game.

Prime 4 would be out this year if it wasn't for the fact that development was a total shitshow that needed to be reset. If production had gone smoothly we definitely would have had them flaunt trailers.

Games generally only take a year or two to develop.
Bloodstained took 4 YEARS

>Square enix is the epitome of corporate meddling these days. Meanwhile once hated companies like Capcom managed to shit out DMC5 and RE2remake in the same year.
and those are both following up RE7, Monster Hunter world, and megaman 11. Capcom is just on a winning streak.

yeah, amazing what happens when you give the people who play your games what they want, instead of the share holders

Vaporware and an incredibly long development aren't the same thing. Even development hell isn't the same thing if the game actually comes out.

Attached: 1488726783994.png (343x417, 181K)

>ignore FFXV
FFXV supports your point. It was only in actual development since 2012-13 and released in 2016. Considering the scope of the game, AAA production values and running on its own engine, 3-3 years dev time is impressive.

>FFXV was only in development for 4-5 years as well, its just a Yea Forums meme (or people didn't pay attention), to say it took 10+ years
The end result is still the same you dumbass, at the end of the day it took the game ten years since announcement to be released, same shit with the eternal joke that is Duke Nukem Forever, the fucking game itself jokes about it taking 14 years to be released even if the actual final game isn't even the same nineties build that got scrapped.

The problem with XV is probably less in how long it took to make and in actual development and how they spent way too much money on it overall.

the game isn't the same though, versus got rebranded as XV but XV literally wasn't versus outside of the protag. They were completely different games and versus was just a proof of concept, and honestly I think v13 was only rebranded as XV because people wanted v13 to be a thing. I'm sure square would have just as easily made agni rudra the actual FFXV but people said they wanted versus for whatever fucking reason

>Muh dark and serious KH game.

Its either become a massive clusterfuck of a game and they don't know what to do, or its been delayed so they can port it to Switch as well. Both are probably true.

I honestly bought a PS4 for this game. I hope it's good when it eventually does come out

Attached: IMG_6575.png (1152x773, 108K)

>implying it's not gonna be turned into a movie

>I'm sure square would have just as easily made agni rudra the actual FFXV but people said they wanted versus for whatever fucking reason
You sure assume a lot of shit without actual evidence for someone trying to make a point. Square-Enix has always made these pet tech demos with no real intention of turning it into a real game, they just made a new one earlier this year, that stuff is just there as an incetive to hire more developers.

they shut down my thread

>Buying a system for an unreleased game
I'm not making fun of you dude, I just wanted to let you know I learned my lesson already on this.

Attached: mmlegends3.jpg (600x375, 211K)

At this point it will be cross-gen, with the PS5 being confirmed to be at least PS4 backwards compatible, and it probably will run worse on the PS4 Pro.

this has been happening since E3 first started. take a look at any cancelled game from the early 2000's and there's a chance footage or pictures of it were shown at E3.

They really did advertised it as smt x fe. What the fuck were they thinking?

Just be happy they hadn't pulled a Konami.

Attached: 220px-Metal_Gear_Survive_cover_art.jpg (220x330, 26K)

Square is not a small indie studio, they shat out multiple games being worked on at the same time before but I don’t know what happened
Granted back then they had their share of problems cause of how fast they were being put out but it’s at least better than being MIA only to still release half of what the product should’ve been

Attached: 8FF40BCA-EDC6-445D-BB4A-1144E9CA9886.jpg (1500x2000, 965K)

Never buy consoles for specific games that don't have at least a release date announced at some point, unless you want other games.

You sure about that?
destructoid.com/tekken-x-street-fighter-is-somehow-still-alive-switch-port-of-tekken-7-might-be-possible-536342.phtml

30% done and Tekken 7 was a massive success. Not saying it's happening but now that Street Fighter x Tekken is an obscure memory to many now could be the perfect time to come back

Dude Kojima lately revealed what the plot is about. We had gameplay trailer too. I'm betting it will be a ps5 launch title.

it's gonna be out Q4 2021. screencap this post

What's gonna be out? A new trailer?

post yfw when it's released as a PS5 launch title the entire game as an open-world action JRPG without the episodic crap but you can freely travel across the entire FF7 world of gaia on land, chocobo or airship, enter fully rendered 3d towns and villages and with epic cinematic 1080p 60fps battle scenes between Cloud and Sephiroth

Attached: Cloud.Strife.full.365148.jpg (800x580, 241K)

PS6 launcher title maybe.

I wanna live in that world

gonna be a PS5 launch title along with Death Stranding