I think it's strange that so little games have sexually explicit imagery...

I think it's strange that so little games have sexually explicit imagery. How come this has always been the case for the entire existence of commercial games, but it's not like that in TV, film, or anything else? Just a curious observation.

Attached: tg002241.jpg (800x600, 46K)

i know people who play games are getting older on average, but people just cannot shake away the idea of "it's supposed to be for kids"

Because we still hold a conservative view towards nudity. Its so weird, especially here in the US where we glorify violence/gore but the naked body is over the line.

Because videogames are a product. They're made to generate money and you do that by selling it to the largest audience. You can't sell to the largest audience if your game is sexually explicit and is banned from being advertised.

It's OK to be a faggot degenerate in front of kids but god forbids a nice pair of tits.

>it's not like that in TV, film, or anything else
For almost half their history it was controversial to even swear in those mediums, user

Games rated +18 aren't supposed to be played by kids anyway. If TV shows like GoT can have it I don't see why video games cannot.

18+ games barely exist outside of H games. M for mature in the US is still 17 and up

It's idiotic. I think there are certain games like Assassins Creed are negatively impacted by the stigma. The lack of nudity kills the immersion.

The puritanical rule of America's early founders still reigns unfortunately. Nudity is harmless, yet violence, the real danger, is the thing that we shrug.

>The puritanical rule of America's early founders still reigns unfortunately
if that were true, we wouldn't have so many illegal mexicans

Ratings aren't enforced for games the way they are for movies, and television/literature somewhat to it themselves. The issue is a loud minority getting assblasted for absolutely no reason and companies pandering to them on top of little perceived sales potential.

Yeah, but we're talking about contemporary times, so why even bring that up as a point?

i thought you guys knew

the M for mature drives kiddies mad. they MUST have it to be cool -- and in order not to be called a pussy at school. publishers know this, and they also know that parents are okay with a little violence as long as it isn't too gory -- but sex has to go or parents won't buy it for them

to take this further, almost all major publishers really toned down on violence starting CoD: MW2 so parents can fell better about buying it for their kids

>Implying half of USA wasn't Mexico in the past.

It isn't now. But it is with video games? Can adults not be dealt censure at the behest of the lowest common denominator?

The M rating should be enough of a clarifier.

when you say that, you're implying that my notion of the founding fathers' not wanting illegals was correct. just try to stay on topic next time rather than outing yourself as a brainlet who can't even see past his own words

Attached: 1493697371040.png (200x200, 9K)

>Because videogames are a product. They're made to generate money and you do that by selling it to the largest audience.
All of that applies to 99% of the audiovisual media.

The way we think of "Illegals" now is not the way they would have thought of it back then,.

Also, the British colonies were starving for people. They took basically anyone if it would help survival rate.

because up until rather recently, videogames were seen as an immature children's medium, where they were mainly made for teens and kids. Violence is excusable but sexual imagery isn't due to retarded WASP american cultural norms, so naturally a lot of the videogame market that appealed to this huge consumer base followed those moral guidelines

Game of Thrones is gated by a ridiculous paywall.

Tons of games have nude models for the characters in the game files

Any good ones?