This is the most linear game I've ever played

This is the most linear game I've ever played.
>shoot enemies in a different order than what the game wants you to
MISSION FAILED

>walk two feet away from an NPC
MISSION FAILED

>loot bodies after a shootout
MISSION FAILED

>ride your horse a little too fast or too slow
MISSION FAILED

What the fuck is this shit?

Attached: red_dead_redemption_2_cover_art_1.jpg (640x790, 365K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum
youtube.com/watch?v=sQFg_l_Ppi8&t=14m18s
youtube.com/watch?v=L_I0y6B0Rew
youtube.com/watch?v=sECzP5X7SKQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this probably happened like two times for me

>WAHH
>WAHH
>I DELIBERATELY SANDBAGGED MY STORY MISSIONS BY MAKING ARTHUR DO DUMB SHIT LITERALLY NOBODY WITH HALF A BRAIN WOULD EVER DO GAME SUX GAME SUX
This game is not a fucking RPG, you based retard; you are accompanying a character through HIS personal journey, not YOUR fucking loot-crazy ADD-fueled murderhobo fantasies

Nobody in the history of fiction would start rifling through dead people's wallets in the middle of a firefight.

Respect the game's vision, unless you cant because you're five.

Attached: 20181206_061519_IMG_5034.png (219x219, 58K)

>autistic OP doesn't follow what the missions wants
>wHaT THE fUcK is tHiS ShiT??¿¿

Attached: 1546724689544.jpg (540x294, 37K)

Just don't play the story mode then

I can't wait for Ubisoft to BTFO Rockstar with an open world cowboy Far Cry game.

Linear games are better than “freedom” where the devs expect you to make your own fun because they can’t be bothered to properly structure and design their game.

Red dead 2 sucks fucking ass.

GTA III and VC are the only Rockstar open world games with decent mission design

I hope your mom die in her sleep

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

Does the game keep you from reaching max honor before you progress enough in the story? I'm on my first playthrough and that's what it feels like.

Good thing there's more than the story missions to do, faggot

I'm retarded I like thing dislike thing hello

None of these have happened to me. I loot bodies all the time and don't have to stand next to NPCs constantly, which tells me that this might've MAYBE happened in extreme circumstances, and you're just a crybaby little bitch looking for validation.

If you're aiming for a linear structure, why put it in a fucking sandbox?

Attached: 1512069957907.jpg (994x1280, 338K)

Dude we get it you just watched NakeyJakey’s video and can’t form an opinion for yourself. People really just let others think for them these days don’t they?

exact reason why i stopped playing this midway through 3rd act. the game is dated trash. great sandbox but absolute trash as far as effort put into mission design & interaction/choice. the whole thing is on rails

No spoilers answer:
Arthur's Positive Honor is capped at 6/8 until a further point in the game. Don't sweat it too much, but have 6/8 honor by the start of Chapter 5
Pro tip: every 40 "greet" prompts to unique individuals in a particular town raises your honor by one notch.

The realism really killed this game for me

>doing a bounty
>have some whore tied up on the back of my horse
>forget the exact reason but I decide to drop her off and come back for her (she's tied up pretty bad so there's no way she'd escape)
>don't even go too far
>mission failed
like goddamn if you're going to make in open world game then fucking make it open everything. It's an absolute fucking joke when they pull shit like this. Pretty sure this is when I stopped playing the game

Gta5 has the best and the only gta mission I remember in that big heist where you can stealth with scuba suits.

As far as moments go I remember only the gta4 bit where they kill some woman at a wedding before nico goes nuclear, but none of it was gameplay.

I remember lots of moments from rdr2. Both gameplay and narrative moments. That's the first time rockstar accomplished that.

If I have no agency as a player I might as well be watching a movie.

Do you own a PS4, by the way?

rockstar fans are the most cucked fuckers in the industry
rockstar makes billions and all they can do with that money is make garbage like this

Yea, the missions suck like all open world games.

Good thing everything else is absolute 10/10 kino material. So keep seething PClard

Attached: 28d.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

Post Arthurs

Attached: 8noqmh8vdwt21.jpg (2048x2048, 1.33M)

Thanks. I'm in chapter 4 now. Do you know the name of the mission that leads in to chapter 5?

Attached: latest.png (386x300, 111K)

I have every Microsoft and Sony video game console ever manufactured besides the PSPGo because that was dogshit.

Attached: 20190319_224041_IMG_5274.jpg (409x618, 58K)

>shotgun coat
Yep, that's a based from me

Attached: x99ss3jaceu21.jpg (1920x1072, 345K)

Well you pretty much were watching a movie seeing as you had to watch this 97 metacritic, sales record breaking GOTAY on youtube.

Cope PClard. Cope

no joke, it has bank in its name

Go play some mario party faggot this game is is for men

Never understood what people found so difficult about this mission and the train mission from SA

None of these have ever happened to me.

"Banking, The Old American Art", or something extremely similar. Dutch assigns it to you at the camp located in Shady Belle. He will be talking with Hosea discussing the plan for the mission.

PROTIP:
You are going to play a mission titled "Revenge is a Dish Best Eaten". During the events of the mission, there will be a cutscene where a character throws a gun at Arthur because he runs out of bullets.
IMMEDIATELY AFTER THAT CUTSCENE ENDS AND YOU GET CONTROL BACK, BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE, WALK OVER TO THE GUN THAT WAS THROWN AND PICK IT UP OFF THE GROUND

It's a bretty good gun that normally unlocks late into Chapter 5, and if you don't pick it up immediately after the cutscene ends you have to wait to get it the legitimate way. If you pick up the unconscious bad guy you are kidnapping before picking up the gun, you permanently lose the opportunity to nab it early

Holy shit this looks good, what hat is that?

Story missions aren't the whole game

>dark bay andalusian
Nice

>you are accompanying a character through HIS personal journey
Literally Pokémon Sun and Moon tier garbage lmao

What horse is the most stylish? Arabian plebs need not apply

>The Virgin Arabian v. The Chad Shire

God I wish there was a dark brown stalker hat in this game or at least a black shotgun coat

>there are people that don't keep the raven black shire Hosea gives you

Attached: 1539051517877.jpg (800x800, 73K)

Thanks, copying this Arthur for next playthrough

There's a really weird lack of black or white clothes in the game, almost all the coats are brown or some washed out reddish or greenish color

>m-muh based press a to assassin company will make gud gam :}
Literally you

Attached: 463C7962-3B07-45D3-B3A4-B3ACF6C19C40.jpg (645x729, 71K)

they are too retarded to play under pressure

The only pure black coats I found were:

>Black duster
Looks like shit and has dirt on it
>Black coat from the Drover outfit
Looks fine, a bit too fancy and too short for my liking

Then there's the deauville coat which is a greyish/light black(?) shotgun coat.

>brown stalker hat
There is a brown stalker hat. There's a few that are dirty black (literal dirt) that don't look so good, but there is a redish one that looks pretty dark brown.,

It's really not hard to figure out dude

I usually just wear a grey rambler jacket/fancy pants with one of the bright colored vests and matching puff tie

you're missing the point. It's not about knowing what to do or not, it's about how you can't do anything else.

>wtf why can't I just leave the story mission in the middle of a firefight and go hunt elk

It's not even contained to story missions, the whole fucking game suffers from the problem. Don't try to take an extreme example to show how "stupid" everyone else is

It becomes obviously apparent what kind of game it within the first few missions. Which is nearly the exact same as EVERY other Rockstar game. It's your fault for not figuring it out.

The rambler jacket is pretty kino but the shotgun coats are too perfect imo. Fit both the "long duster" aesthetic that I like in Westerns and look pretty fancy as well.

The green one with green stalker hat is kino like in this pic

why is linear bad

>dude if you don't follow the rules the game set up you lose!

i agree op it's bullshit. I should be allowed to give all my pawns in chess machine guns lmao

>It's your fault for not figuring it out.
stop assuming people dislike the game design because they are stupid as opposed to disliking it because it isn't good game design.

There literally isn't

>That bounty mission where the guy ends up having a destitute family to care for
>Game won't let you walk away and spare him EVEN WHEN their dialogue as you're walking away implies it's possible
>The mission fails unless you play it by the script like a good boy so you can see the epic clever ending
>
>Find the fucked up secret encounter below the Rhodes gunsmith's shop
>Try to lasso him up and take him to the town sheriff
>He fucking despawns off your shoulder before you can ever get there and ends up back in his shop the next day
Rockstar drones will defend this. I didn't even talk about how retarded it is for the whole New Austin area to be walled off by omnipotent snipers until the postgame.

because it's in an open world. Don't bother making an open world game if it isn't open, just make a linear game like Max Payne 3 (which is great btw, last good game from rockstar)

but you can explore outside the missions..?

there's a trick to this mission that makes it ez mode

okay, so make a semi open world game like DE:HR. The point is that when your world is so big that the game engine can't handle shit like this and this , you need to rethink some of your fundamentals

>wtf why can't I just leave the side mission in the middle of a scripted conversation and go pick oregano

I used the shotgun coat for a while to go with the cowboy look but I ended up liking the look of the rambler jacket with vest, tie, and crusher cap, there aren't many "fancy" outfits that actually look good so I tend to stick with that now

Stop assuming it's bad game design just because you don't like it

You dislike the game design because you are stupid

I remember the defense of the grind in red dead online was
>look at the economy of gta v, we don't want that kind of inflation
Ignoring that rockstar designed every part of the economy and single handedly inflated all the prices themselves

oh wow, a couple glitches. you'd think a game that lets you lasso and kidnap almost anyone in the game would be enough sandbox chaos for people, but nope, gotta do it in the middle of a mission or it's no good

They've somehow made character movement even clunkier than ever.

Maybe you remember it the most because its R* newest game?

I remember I quit the story during the mission in valentine with the women.
>chasing someone
>take out knife to stab
>mission failed
Retry
>fighting dude in brothel or something
>can't take out knife
They should have just made a movie, there's not even an illusion of choice most of the time

The elephant in the room here is that if it were like BOTW none of this would be a problem. That game lets you do anything in any order and lets you beat it within an hour if you want. RDR2 won't even let you go to Blackwater until you're John or use a fishing rod until chapter 3

Attached: download (1).jpg (225x225, 9K)

PC version when

I'm tired of the blurry and now downgraded "pro" version

Attached: i wish i was at home on 4chan.gif (372x270, 2M)

you guys are really making the whole "rockstar-drone" thing not just seem like a meme. I mean goddamn who would willingly defend extremely limited game design.

if you want you can just pretend the missions don't exist, then the experience is about the same as whatever open world wasteland sandbox you prefer

You realize you consciously choose when to start all story and side missions in the game, right? Why would you wait until starting one to try and go do other shit?

it also has no story, so you can just avoid the story in rdr2 and it's literally the same as botw except better looking

The difference is, BoTW has literally nothing but it's open world sandbox in the same vein as MGSV or Just Cause 2.

RDR2 has way more activities, side quests, a much better story/writing etc. BoTW is all its world and "muh CUHRAAAAZY braindead fun", but just like Witcher 3 showed when it BTFO of MGSV, RDR2 is now showing the same thing by BTFO of BoTW (more GoTYs, same metacritic and WAAAAY more sales).

Braindead sandboxes are only fun for around 10 hours, RDR2 is pure kino that only real testosterone riddled BOAHs would understand. Cry about it

>so you can just avoid the story in rdr2
Start a new game and go to Blackwater then

A mission shouldn't be a hallway with two doors with the one you enter locking behind you. I mean I don't know what else to say besides limited mission design is objectively worse than unlimited mission design.

How heavy are those goalposts

>storyfags only like movie games
fucking yikes

I haven't even played BOTW but I can guarentee you that this isn't true. Everything I've seen about it showcases a lot of physics and sandbox options, none of which is in RDR2. It also probably doesn't have extremely slow and clunky game play and probably doesn't force your character to walk around at a snails pace in certain areas.

without blackwater it's the same size map as botw, probably bigger. botw but better looking.

What goalposts? I'm still where I started, which is saying that the limited mission design sucks, especially in an open world game

I kick up RDR2 every few days to just wander around the map catching wild horses

RDR2s combat is unironically better than Bore of the Wild too.

RDR2 has it beat everywhere. If I wanted a cuhraaazy sandbox experience, I would just play Just Cause 2 that came out a whole generation ago, it does everything BoTW does but better.

Cope

Rockstar shills at it again

And I asked why you would wait until you're in the middle of a mission to decide to go pick flowers when you yourself choose when to start missions

It kinda just died on it's own

>You idiot, this isn't a role-playing game. It's a game in which you play the role of a specific character.

just don't do the missions, problem solved

its funny because while OP is accurate you also just described RDR2 to a T

>implying Rockstar needs shills

Lmfao, when you sell 20 million copies in the span of 1 month, you don't need to shill anything

>using "cope" when RDR2 couldn't even win GOTY

>I remember lots of moments from rdr2. Both gameplay and narrative moments. That's the first time rockstar accomplished that.
You having a shit memory doesn't mean a thing to the game's quality. And I would fucking hope you'd remember a game that came out 6 months ago you tool.

just don't do the missions if it bugs you so much? like i don't know what else to say

So you're admitting the mission design is limited? Now for a second lets drop the schtick where we assume that the PLAYER has nothing better to do than be shoehorned through rockstar's missions as they see fit and not as the PLAYER sees fit. Are you willing to just admit that unlimited mission design is objectively better than limited missions design and be done with it? Because every time we get here you keep talking about picking oregano and flowers when that means absolutely nothing since you are completely disregarding player agency, which is the whole entire reason video games exist in the first place

You just say
"yes the game has some flaws"
instead of saying the problem lies with the player

Rockstar story missions have had the problem since GTAIV that you should work with its pace and operate within its rules in order to complete missions, and only provides one way to do those missions while even earlier Rockstar games allowed some freedom of getting to point A or B
>GTA Vice City, steal a tank from a convoy
>strafe it a couple of times in a SWAT van
>wait for it to hit the donut shop and make a mad dash for the tank
>snipe an entire platoon from across the street
>bomb the entire support troop because tanks are invulnerable in the game
>Red Dead Redemption 1, assist a Mexican military operation to raid a train
>get yelled at for abandoning the platoon if you don't stay in the middle of the pack, so no flanking possible ambushes
>get yelled at if you don't take the minigun, so no rifle sniping through the turret section
>fail if you even graze one of your allies' horses, so no heavy fire from the middle of the erratically-moving group you have to be in the center of
Providing players with options isn't a bad thing.

Won more GoTYs than BoTW tho, lmao. Sold way more too and has a higher metacritic average

Not that guy, but you are an autistic retard

cope

they're both awful for entirely different and almost opposite reasons

the game is flawed because it doesn't have infinite scripts for every decision your dumbass makes during a mission? yeah, incredibly flawed. lmao

I mean, it went up against God of War which btw, has more GoTYs than BoTW. It's not R*s fault that Sony ALWAYS wins.

Even GTA V got cucked by Last of Us (most GoTYs out of any exclusive game, ever)

Name a single open world game that doesn't have limited mission structures. Name just ONE

lol, won't even admit it without using sarcasm. It's not like there aren't plenty of other games which let you complete missions in lots of different ways. Rockstar is behind the times and that's just the way it is my man

why are you even bothering with the underage rockstar drones user just stop bumping it

nice projection nintendie. are you upset that your mom wouldn't let you play this game with the mean man on the cover?

bump

Oh the joys of those cores, having to stay close to your horse to call it, having to chose which weapons you take off your horse, clunky movement, and worst of all, weapon degradation

all of which is equivalent to whatever barren sandbox open world game you prefer

You don't have any of that shit in MGSV

Gameplay/missions are so clunky but I loved the story and walking around doing random shit. Ironically I didn't like Botw

No it's not, red dead redemption 1 is way better. The last open world game I bought was fist of the north star

It's a tech demo. I played about 20 hours of BOTW and it was fun but I felt no motivation to keep going cause everything felt pointless.

You can do literally anything you want if you don't choose to start a story or side mission

*except explore the entire bottom half of the map

>Cope because I didn’t buy an interactive movie
Wew

Attached: C43BC83F-26E1-43BF-AA55-04FA747AF30C.jpg (240x240, 7K)

Yeah, too bad it's all tedious

overrated game, user

only newfags and plebs are apologetic to this poorly made game. it still looks amazing, visually and production wise with the voice actors etc etc

but the game itself? just a simple ass hyper emotional gallery shooter.

Attached: an 'okay' movie...basic bitch of a game.jpg (225x225, 14K)

C'mon. That first shootout was a complete pain in the ass due to Dutch wanting to leave, when there was an entire field of loot waiting.

>Fail mission
>Lose all loot
I actually quit for a couple days due to that. The rest of the game was barely better due to going from trying to mount my horse, to teleporting and squeezing the life out of someone.

>admits he lied about playing it
Imagine seething this hard over a video game.

It's ok, maybe one day you'll be able to emulate it like RDR1-..... Oh wait. HAHAAHHAHA

>This is the most linear game I've ever played.

You must not play very many games then

Dunno who you think I am user. I barely joined the thread to laugh at retards like you

Attached: 99310391-BAC9-4B46-A6C6-DC1F7B67F11E.jpg (1024x633, 79K)

I agree it's not the most linear, but it's an open world game, so it makes it bad. Linear by itself isn't even bad though, look at the first red dead, no open world, no illusion of choice, just fun cowboy missions with a bunch of likable characters

>joined a thread over a game he hasn't played to "laugh" at people in it
>instead of posting in a thread over a game he enjoys

Which irrelevant game did RDR2 404 causing you to come here enraged?

Damn user you could kill a man with that loaded question!

Those goalposts must be wearing you out, set them down for a bit

Open world games suffer from tedium, this is the truth.

Attached: 1544404229319.webm (1280x720, 1.31M)

Oh is that what we were talking about, my mistake

There's literally nothing wrong with linearity.

>playing first person
who here /motionsickness/?

>gets up
>sprints away
didnt know adrenaline could repair tendons

There’s nothing wrong with anything if it’s done right.

>hear about how much better the game is when you turn off radar
>turn off radar as soon as possible
>first mission in snow approaching house, dutch says to take cover
>take cover
>dutch says to hurry up and take cover
>open radar, see that i can only take cover in ONE SPECIFIC SPOT TO MOVE FORWARD
right from the start, the problems were already there. there were a couple spots that you'd think would be suitable, but only one specific area makes the game go forward

Linear isn’t bad(most of my favorites are linear) but this game feels like I’m stuck in a cage the whole time

He specifically tells you to take cover in the shed

doesn't make it any less retarded

You can take cover in like 5 different spots.

>hear about how much better the game is when you turn off radar
from fucking who
that gimmick about them changing dialogue to be more descriptive with it off was a lie

Attached: IMG_2087.png (781x500, 646K)

>game explicitly tells you to do something to advance
>do something else
>wtf why won't it advance

you are a genuine bootlicker lol

No I'm just not an actual retard

I don't get it, did you faggots not play RDR1? What were you expecting? Just Cause 2?

RDR2 is a game made for people who loved RDR1 and people who like the GTA formula. Why would you buy a game with a formula you clear don't like? I hate racing games, would I then buy Gran Turismo 8 in the hopes that it's suddenly going to be anything but a fucking racing game?

What is wrong with you retards.

Then why do I love RDR1 and hate 2 you sack of shit

>Shoot a guy in both kneecaps with deadeye
>He stands up and keeps shooting like nothing happened

Attached: 1414899078096.gif (800x399, 34K)

Because you're a contrarian faggot

And you like the game design because you're an uncreative, brainlet little bitch who can't think for himself and wants the game to play itself. Every single mission plays the exact same way every single time for every single person on every single playthrough EXCEPT for the oil wagon mission, coincidentally the best mission in the game.

Attached: D45xPGMXkAA1zPi.jpg (1200x675, 28K)

Nobody cares that you don't like it

>you based retard

Attached: 1512457536474.png (800x729, 48K)

Or maybe I like games and not movies you NPC

I think RDR1 is one of the greatest open world games of all time, and I find RDR2 to be so bad that I don't consider it canon.

cope

Because you're weird? I dunno, there's no way you can love RDR1 and think RDR2 is that bad.

Just no way. In fact, you're 100% a PC lard who hasn't played either falseflagging.

RDR1 was just as much of a movie as RDR2 you larping PCnigger

>shoot enemies in a different order than what the game wants you to
MISSION FAILED
I was thinking about getting this game but I will legitimately skip it entirely if this is true and not shitty bait.

I you can provide a source to this claim that's not an exaggeration or technicality before I go to bed in the next 20 to 30 minutes I can personally assure you that your shitposting thread will have not been in vain and that you prevented a copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 from being sold. That sounds incredibly awful and not worth 60 dollars of my next paycheck. If you can prove that it happens I won't buy it.

Attached: 1357931479356.png (500x447, 355K)

Screencap copy of RDR2 with timestamp.

No way can you hold opinions that extreme for RDR1 and RDR2. Preferring one is fine, but to think one or the other outright sucks but love the other one, is just literally impossible.

Screencap copy with timestamp, cuz i'm calling bullshit

It's not true, he's a falseflaggin PClard

silver turkoboy is best horse in speed, health, stamina, style. faggot dutch had that tiny bitch horse for women the white arabian. but based hosea had the tall majestic silver turko, enough said. but it pissed me off that you cant buy it until the very end of the game

unironically based

Boy, I can't wait for the next classic Rockstar Experience™ where you follow NPCs around on a leash for 20 hours in overly scripted on-rails segments in between 70 hours of filler travel time. GOATs, absolute GOATs.

Attached: 1556097510094.jpg (1920x1080, 66K)

This literally never happens

Uncharted games unironically have more freedom than Rockstar's last two games.

Attached: 1534600241818.gif (300x350, 113K)

yeah user
WHY?

97 metacritic
25 million sales in 1 month

Cope

>you are accompanying a character through HIS personal journey

Sounds like a movie or tv series, not a game.

They're 2 different games one good and one very bad. It's a very easy opinion to hold.

Attached: timestamp.jpg (4032x3024, 3.37M)

>Jack fishing mission
>fucking GUN it into the nearest tree at the highest speed possible
>"yer a gud boi, jack."
>instantly cuts to black

Attached: 1538778315937s.jpg (125x119, 2K)

RDR2 unironically has more freedom than BoTW.

[smug anime picture]

Sorry but nothing you can say will take away his 20-30 minutes to prove his claim.
If nothing comes up before I go to bed I'm gonna assume he's full of shit but there's no feasible way to prove it doesn't happen because that would involve watching every single gunfight in the entire game and I'm not about to do that. But rest assured because if he doesn't provide proof I'm gonna drop him like a sack of bricks

Yea, the game with a 97 metacritic is better.

Cope

teething

>have to go to secluded spot to threaten a guy
>can only use one spot
>if the radar is off you have absolutely no indication of where you've got to go
yep, really good game design there

Turkomans are too skinny, they have nice coats but they look way too bony. I like the meatier looking horses, paints and appaloosas are the broadest of the normal horses

I hope you atleast get paid to shill, and aren't just doing this out of obsession.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

Well then your weird. I don't know how your opinion can be that extreme for both games. RDR2 essentially does everything that RDR1 does but with more content, better graphics and tighter gameplay. I could see someone preferring RDR1 (it's more streamlined) but not outright loving RDR1 and outright hating RDR2.

That's just a weird opinion. only explanation is your taste has drastically changed from when RDR1 released to RDR2s release which was definitely a huge gap, so this could be it.

I played both too and RDR1 was my favorite game of last gen. RDR2 is my 2nd favorite game of this gen (behind Bloodborne). But I definitely prefer RDR2 to RDR1 personally

You're the one throwing a tantrum my man

Yeah and end game is the greatest movie of all time
You're a fucking dork

>critical reception is a populace based argument

Yikes. if your gonna spout buzzword fallacies, at least understand them

Why did you turn the radar off? Don't tell me you actually thought NPCs would give you directions like in that fake twitter post

I dont this makes total sense but its still based

Yeah or he just doesn't like riding horses over giant empty vistas for 15 minutes between every shooting gallery

>another retard ignoring its insane critical reception on top of its insane commercial success

Critical and commercial success. Literally all that matters in an argument, your shitty subjective taste is a non factor. Cope

I remember them in the sense that they're memorable, engraved in my memory, not that "oh yeah that happened 6 months ago so I still remember it". RDR2 has a lot of great moments and excellent missions. More than any other R* game.

I actually can.
youtube.com/watch?v=sQFg_l_Ppi8&t=14m18s
14:18, lower left-hand corner. There are a million instances of this. The first big shootout in the game has you stop everything you're doing to shoot down a guy from a water tower. If you take too long, Dutch dies and you fail. The game micromanages your shooting and refuses to let you do things on your own.

Attached: 1545937992413.png (645x773, 11K)

Its semi linear

You literally described RDR1, a game he loved. That's my point.

ah yes the critics. why make your own mind up when you can just think what others tell you to.

Attached: 1547652816128.png (783x577, 123K)

How the fuck is he failing for "shooting the wrong guy"? Your video and timestamp don't show that

>I remember them in the sense that they're memorable, engraved in my memory, not that "oh yeah that happened 6 months ago so I still remember it".

There isn't a difference between those two things. You're a fucking retard. If you had just played GTA 4 6 months ago it'd still be "engraved in your memory"(cringe at wording it like that btw)

I bought and played RDR1 not even 2 years ago. RDR2 does not do the same thing I seriously don't get where that meme comes from.

>Has commercial success
>has critical success
>"n-n-n-no, that's all wrong. MY anonymous opinion is the correct one!"

Cope

no, I wouldn't, because 2 weeks after I played through GTA4 the only thing I remembered about it was the mechanic faggot, some mission by the shore where you cap some big guy, and the aforementioned wedding drive-by hit cutscene.
and no, they aren't the same thing, dipshit.

But that's wrong, you saying RDR2 takes as long to travel in and is as clunky to play/control as 2 doesn't make it so when it isn't.

I dont understand what I'm looking at, user. This just looks like 4 different playthroughs that go badly but 1

>What the fuck is this shit?
You massively exaggerating or straight-up lying. Why'd you waste your time doing that to faceless people on the internet I have no idea.

Attached: 1509413239946.png (583x420, 295K)

What does RDR1 do better in your opinion? Genuinely curious. It's just as linear as RDR2, in fact, even moreso because RDR2 followed the GTA V meme where you can make pseudo choices that impact the story.

The honor system is more fleshed out in RDR2. Hunting is more fleshed out. More mini games. Gunplay is drastically more fleshed out (way more weapons and weapon types as well as dual revolvers etc). There are more random encounters in RDR2 with actual player decisions in how you handle them unlike most of RDR1s. Horse mechanics are vastly improved/fleshed out in RDR2 (as well as having way more horse types). Character customization is infinitely better.

Explain it to me, because so far, your vague one sentence posts are coming across as you being a contrarian fag trying to stirr up shit for the sake of it.

At 14:18, on the lower left-hand corner video, the player does something other than shoot down one particular guy on a water tower during a big firefight and he instafails. You don't even have freedom of choice in the shootouts, that's how scripted this game is.

RDR1 is literally you riding your horse through giant empty vistas between the shooting gallery missions.

Only difference between RDR2 and RDR1 there is RDR2 has way more to do in its world, the world is way more densely packed. RDR1 is literally empty outside of the 10~ random encounters that get repeated constantly.

Attached: 1539627714020.png (400x400, 269K)

I think you're proving that you haven't played RDR2. Because in that mission (one of the tutorial missions) there is no insta fail outside of dying or running out of the area.

There sure as shit isn't an insta fail for "shooting the wrong guy", try playing the game next time

Wait, are you describing Dutch getting killed because the retard player isn't shooting anyone? Lmao, that's not "losing because you didn't kill the right guy". That's the player letting Dutch and his gang get shot up.

Lmfao, absolute state of you PClards

>Oh wow gee a hunter that got caught in a bear trap neat what a cool random encounter
>Oh wow gee a hunter that got bit by a snake neat what a cool random encounter
>Oh wow gee a hunter that got attacked by a lion neat what a cool random encounter

Attached: 1536916600190.gif (652x562, 392K)

It really feels like I'm arguing with an indoctrinated cult member. What's this, retard? An instafail for shooting people in a different order than what the game demands you do.

Attached: Screenshot_20190505-003237_1.png (667x357, 19K)

Not the user you were replying to but I wish more Yea Forums users were like you

First time posting in this thread, that only happens if you try to continue without killing everyone. Are you just sprinting straight through missions?

You said "insta fail for not shooting the right guy". That had nothing to do with shooting the right guy, it had to do with the player not engaging in the firefight at all, lmao.

Go watch that mission on multiple lets plays, you can shoot anyone in any order. Your claim is false.

>What's this, retard? An instafail for shooting people in a different order than what the game demands you do.

Yes, your image shows "Dutch has died", because the player in that video didn't shoot anyone. Seriously, try playing the game before you criticise it.

Watch these.

youtube.com/watch?v=L_I0y6B0Rew

youtube.com/watch?v=sECzP5X7SKQ

Same mission, completely different order of people getting shot. In fact, you can even choose how you tackle the mission (making the first move or telling your gang to attack first).

Seriously, at least research a game your shitposting before you make a fool out of yourself.

Linear? The only thing that's linear here is my path straight to TAHITI. We just need a bit more MONEY and some NOISE to cover our escape after we rob Uncle Sam one last time, then we ARE OUTTA HERE.

Attached: Dutch van der Linde.png (572x572, 328K)

>Linearity
Don't really care about that.
>Honor system
Stupid system that rightfully is criticized in the first game, but in RDR2 is treated as god's honest truth even though it's dumber.
>Hunting
Shoot red dot...Okay
>Mini games
My favorite was liars dice, but it's whatever some people like dominos.
>Gunplay
That's not fleshing it out that's picking a favorite color.
>random encounters
Lack a connecting theme with the world.
>Horse
See gunplay.
>Character customization
Doesn't matter to me.

RDR1 had a great world that connected really well to it's story of hope. RDR2 does not have that, but really thinks it's story is so good you have to play this mission with X to hammer.

Attached: RDR2-102-004.jpg (1024x576, 85K)

>What were you expecting?

obviously more you dumb ass. rdr1 was what? almost 10 years ago?

i cant stand you fucking apologetic shit heads that act like they couldn't have expanded beyond production. better character controls, better gameplay without the fucking training wheels

>shoot the bad guys
>no not those bad guys the one on the towe-
>Failed

see
The idiot is just flat out wrong. He claimed you can "fail missions for not shooting the right people" and then posts an example of him not shooting anyone during a firefight and his gang members getting killed, lmfao.

>higher metacritic average

Attached: 1555917513097.jpg (300x300, 21K)

Incredibly unfunny

>shoot the bad guys
You posted a video where you didn't shoot the bad guys at all.

Try that green text meme again my dude

Well FUCK YOU then

Attached: Dutch 2.jpg (1080x600, 82K)

Do you think you're just arguing with one person?

It does.

RDR2 - 97 on PS4, 97 on Xbox One
BoTW - 97 on Switch, 96 on Wii U

Cope

You just got given a video where 2 separate guys shot the people in that camp in completely different orders. It had nothing with shooting the guy in the tower at the "wrong time", it was to do with the retard in your video not shooting anyone and letting his gang die.

Dunno what you're struggling to understand here friend

That has to do with not shooting the guy up on the tower. Try it for yourself, retard. I don't know why you're arguing this point. Rockstar have had hyperscripted missions since GTA V.

For me, red dead 3 takes all the stuff that was smooth in red dead 2 and makes it all take so much longer for the sake of realism. Red dead 1, 2, and 3 are all very different games, and 3 is worse then the previous two.

Not that guy but you're complaining because you failed to kill a sniper? You'd rather the game just have an ai partner kill him for you, even though you're directed to take him out?

the way rockstar handled max payne, by just making the same game but with updated graphics....in that regard, we should have expected this horse shit, cowpoke of a game.

imagine if you could actually be an outlaw in this game though, imagine a rockstar game without the magical spawning law enforcement, responsive controls, where free aim can be as effective as the bullshit auto aim...

they had a gem in the online feature, but they added so much training wheel baby shit to the point that online is just totally obnoxious.

single player was boring as fuck, imagine having shoot out in the streets with free aim online though? you'd have some real feeling shootouts that would compliment how insanely good the game looks etc etc

Attached: a man arthur will never defeat.jpg (500x374, 34K)

Why even give the player agency then? Honestly. Why not just have the game be completely on rails, and have it not let you do anything you aren't supposed to.

Red dead 2 isn't as clunky as red dead 3. It's made deliberately slow. I get why people like it, I just can't stand it. If I'm playing a slow game, I'm playing a stealth game

>imagine having shoot out in the streets with free aim online though? you'd have some real feeling shootouts that would compliment how insanely good the game looks etc etc
meant to say imagine this for online play...since single player got boring as fuck. nothing like riding around for a fucking half an hour hoping an enemy camp will spawn so you can get some fucking action.

also why the fuck did enemy camps stop spawning as much the further you progressed into the game? shit was lame as fuck.

hindsight is always 20 20, tells you that rockstar is a one trick pony. they know production (because they just rip off good movies) but they dont know shit about implementing new elements of gameplay.

making the "same game" when the first game 10 years ago got massive praise is not a bad thing

I really wish they made the same game

The first post didn't make me laugh but this one did

Attached: 1556579899091.jpg (599x755, 108K)

well i'm sure when they release the original remastered i'm sure you losers will still find something to whine about

fucking plebs

either youngfags or tasteless mental midgets. who the fuck in their right mind would want the same shit over and over?

My biggest gripe is the mission formula that is already pretty stale.

There was a point in which I just activated the cinematic camera so I could just get done with the "walk to 'x' while talking with your companion" part of every mission.

The fact that the quick travel was only available at camp was also pretty annoying later on. Yeah, I get it, immershuon and shit. But when most of the optional missions around the last third of the game are all the other way across the map from the main missions and have multiple parts, it gets tiresome. Most stranger missions during the first half of the game are also pretty mediocre compared to RDR 1's.

Attached: 1448163613225.jpg (210x202, 36K)

the same people who defend shitty mission design and boring games with shitty gameplay

faggots like you are the reason we get shit like sonic's movie design
not everything needs to be tinkered with by committee you tool if it isn't broke don't fix it

>. who the fuck in their right mind would want the same shit over and over?
This.

*rides for 15 minutes while the npc talks to me*
*gets off horse*
*shoots 3-5 waves of bad guys*
*rides back to camp*

Fucking cringe

>muh just cause
>you can uhhh blow shit up just like Zelda!
Pathetic.

No it doesn't. It's way more restrictive in its design. Not even its exploration is as open.

Nah, red dead 3 was the last rockstar game I'm getting for the foreseeable future. Started a boycott for them, ubisoft, Activision (including sekiro), EA, 2k, and bethesda. Probably others I can't remember, I just won't contribute to the shitty practices anymore then I already do when they get tax refunds without paying taxes

>didn't like the new game
>likes the old games
Wow, you losers can't be pleased. I'm sure when they remaster fallout 2 you'd still find something to whine about

It's fine for a series to be similar games, long ago, I remember wise men would often proclaim the greatest formula for a sequel
MORE
BUT BETTER