It's a good game, but a bad [series] game

>It's a good game, but a bad [series] game
Is this ever a valid argument?

Attached: resident evil 4_20190504204959.jpg (1920x1080, 396K)

this is a good SKS conversion the but the SKS is a bad platform

Attached: sniper bullpup SKS.jpg (1024x522, 253K)

It's not an argument, it's a statement.

yes, my user, it is

Do not be pedantic, please.

Should be the tagline for Breath of the wild
How anyone can call that abomination a zelda game is beyond me

Yes

Attached: DmC_box_art.png (220x271, 127K)

Attached: oh sweet free hp.png (908x509, 583K)

I had a roommate last Fall who said that this game was amazing, I don't think he tried any of the others

If Deus Ex or MGS3 were somehow attached to the Resident Evil series that wouldn't make them suddenly bad games.

AC Odyessy

make sure you get all of them user

Attached: cursed image.jpg (207x211, 19K)

>It's a shit game overrated by shitters that inspired a shit genre but I like it because I was 9 back then and it was easy and made me feel like a badass

>game is good
>but nothing like the rest of the established series that it belongs to.
How is this concept so hard for autists to comprehend?
If the next Halo was a rythm game, or the next final fantasy was a tactical shooter, then they might well be "good games" in thier own right, but would certainly be bad successors to their series' legacy.

Attached: 1529765423889.gif (320x198, 1.43M)

yes

Attached: Silent_Hill_Shattered_Memories.jpg (256x316, 27K)

FO76 is a good game even if it isn’t a good Fallout game.

FO76 is not even a good game

Fuck off Todd.

I unironically like it better than 3. The characters and story are garbage though

man im wasting too many bullets on this shit is the merchant close? i kind of just want to buy a few sprays and be on my way

Attached: maybe just one more.png (1278x717, 451K)

I liked that one, but you are correct

You wouldn't be talking about RE4, would you? ;)

Attached: resident evil 4_20190504210538.jpg (1920x1080, 356K)

Well, Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts exists, so yes.

user, NO

Attached: Koenigreich.jpg (1600x900, 596K)

Yeah you zoomers can fuck right off. Shit driving, unmemorable soundtrack, nothing to do after beating the story. The game itself is fine, but it's just not a GTA imo.

Attached: gta4.png (456x572, 503K)

The online modes were incredibly fun, but otherwise I agree.

RE4 being a good game is debatable in its own right.

Attached: RE4 vs Max Payne.jpg (1200x882, 298K)

What is this rumbling? an earthquake?

Attached: uh.png (1273x715, 450K)

>shit driving
post discarded

>it plays differently so it is bad
RE4 is more like a beat em up style game, just with aiming and shooting mixed in
t. faggot who loves both payne and re4

"How did you know I like fixed camera angles, tank controls, puzzles, limited resources and tight inventory management?"

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 65K)

I remember when people were saying GTA3 doesn't feel like GTA because it's 3D. I bet you prefer GTAV faggot.

Attached: 1526253970903.jpg (3598x1264, 1009K)

>Is this ever a valid argument?

A $100 bill is great because of monetary gain, but shitty for paper to write on.

Attached: 1538898368277.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

Nah it's never an argument.

Silent Hill Book of Memories is just a bad game. Silent Hill name or no.

Resident Evil 4 is just a good game. Resident Evil name or no.

>a game made for action
>plays responsively and action flows well
>a game made for action horror
>plays clunky and fighting feels uncomfortable
BIZZARE

Attached: 1538900947755.webm (888x500, 2.7M)

The one thing I never got about GTAV was why they made it nearly impossible to do street fights due to the ultra cops that shot you dead in just seconds. They've probably patched it since the game dropped but that was shit at release.

>RE4
>Horror

The basic problem is that Silent Hill 1-4 have dogshit gameplay. So by your logic, once a Silent Hill game is actually good it's "not a Silent Hill game".

It's not an argument, it's an opinion you dumbass.

man, what a fucking downgrade.

He's not. The difference there is important. If they're using that to explain why the game is bad they're retarded, but if they're using it to explain why they don't like it or why it needs to be judged differently it can be completely valid.

Why do people so often argue about it then?

>zoomers hating GTA IV
lmao, come on
Zoomers hate it because it doesn't have an EPIC rap soundtrack, because the cars perform like cars instead of letting them do anything they want with zero effort, and because it isn't a five billion hour shitfest with 'infinite content' like GTA V or SA.

Attached: 1445788161243.webm (720x405, 1.18M)

GTAV is zoomer repellent.

That looks fucking putrid, no fucking bubba'd sks will ever top the original design.

GTA V is quite literally the most zoomer game ever made what the fuck is wrong with you

This is one of the few things I hated about GTAV, the cop/civilian AI just sucks

This has to be a typo

RE4 has more enemy variety, more weapon variety, it uses actual limb stagger damage instead of a generic pain state. You are ignoring the weaknesses of Max Payne.

>quite literally the most zoomer game ever made

Attached: 8704d4d5ffd1c315ac8e2c805a585764.jpg (1920x1080, 483K)

yeah, it's fine. it means something coherent and useful.

Moreso than that desu

If something is an argument, it has to be an argument FOR something.

So you could say
>It's a good game, but a bad [series] game, therefore it should have had an original name, characters, and theme
Then THAT is an argument, and a valid one.

Or you could say
>It's a good game, but a bad [series] game, therefore I think it reflects poorly on the series because the developers were willing to throw away the elements the series fans expected to draw in a wider audience
And that is also a valid argument.

But by itself, it's not an argument because it isn't saying anything, it's just a statement like "the sky is blue" or "this post you're reading is using reddit spacing." Evidence supports a statement, and a statement supports an argument.

Never
Either the game is good and therefore a good entry into the series despite whatever differences it has (RE4), or the game is complete shit and people use that argument to defend a game that stripped away everything that made the franchise good (Fallout 4).

Hmm, looks like you're actually right. I thought there was another definition that meant something which was being disputed, but didn't find anything. Well, replace it with 'statement' then.

Yes. Especially for games like Saints Row The Third, IV, and Gat out of Hell.

it looks great, retard

Attached: bullpup SKS.jpg (1024x768, 134K)

Yes.

Let's take Pokemon for example.

Pokemon puzzle league.

Good game, little puzzles and comfy experience.

But it's a horrible game based around collecting little monsters with your ball. You don't even do that in the game. You match a set of 3 tiles and score points.

Good game, but horrible Pokemon game.

Then yes, it's perfectly valid as a statement as long as it has supporting evidence.

For instance
>Every Resident Evil game has had fixed cameras, small inventory management, and low availability of ammunition as core elements. Therefore, Resident Evil 4 is a bad Resident Evil game, since it fails to meet the core elements you would expect"

cool famas

yes that's the genre its an action horror game that but if you add action to horror it doesnt matter how clunky you make the combat it just wont be scary

no they never patched the ultra cops you have to get a mod just to disable their wallhacks and that breaks all the story missions and of course walls you off from online

fighting monsters is scarier when you can barely move where you want to go

Yes, why wouldn't it be? If I buy an XCOM game I expect a turn based strategy game, not a shooter or a fighting game. It may be the best shooter or fighting game ever made, but that's not what I wanted to play.

SA > VC > 3 > 2 > 4 > 5 > 1
Try to refute that

yes
and "makes you feel like x" is a perfectly reasonable critique when a game is based of something that exists. it's not the writers fault you're a literal brainlet that can't ascertain the meaning
it's also not the fault of the teachers the writer had for using such a brainlet tier simile, but it can't be helped

>Game is either vastly different from the rest of the series and could well off be a new series
Or
>Game is good but lackluster compared to how good the rest of the series is
Only retards can't understand this argument

Attached: IMG_20190502_130205.png (680x507, 328K)

>scarier
nah not at all, SH isn't scary unless you're a pussy

Doom 3.

RE4 is the best Resident Evil

Do enemies in this part just spawn infinitely? Something about it is getting on my nerves.

Attached: resident evil 4_20190504221820.jpg (1920x1080, 201K)

>Those people that tried to pretend like it was hilarious satire on real life cops and not just rockstar being lazy as fuck with their AI

yes, but it can get annoying

I've seen people say it about DMC2, calling it 'a good action game, just a bad DMC game'. So, people will use this line of thinking to convince themselves (and try to convince others) that 'it's still good, just not as good as the rest of the series', even when that's clearly bullshit. Sometimes a game is just bad.

I'm not sure if they do, but you should probably just get through the area, you don't have to kill every single enemy.

I'm through it now, I'm at Del Lago. The area in the pic annoyed me because if you go onto the walkway that enters into the marsh, clear out the enemies with the rifle, and turn left into the hut, you can still have 5-6 campesinos spawn and ambush you from the direction you came, with no reason to anticipate it and almost no time to react. Bit annoying, but the rest has been plenty of fun so far.

I thought it was a garbage argument then I played MGSV

MTA > VC > SA > IV > III > 2 > V > 1 > III and VC on console

Skyward sword

mebe meguca mateus? uwu cum MATEus? mateus SEX! meguca mateus matthew 4:11 pupu platter fun cum sex now

Attached: 1527469724411 (2).png (625x682, 125K)

I'm not going to respond to that.

This game is really cool.

Yes.

Attached: 4F63B79B-8AD6-4734-A2CB-DAC4AA7D9B5A.jpg (577x1024, 108K)

the fact that more re games play like re4 than the classics kind of retroactively negates that statement

The inventory is kind of unfair, only eggs take a single space.

I mean, Metro Exodus is nothing like metro for example

Conviction is super far from a SC game

With Resident Evil 4 it is.

Diablo 3

Maybe if we're talking exclusively action games, but you can clearly see classic Resident Evil's influence in a bunch of horror games.

Yes. I'd argue FO4 is a good game for building characters and playing different playstyles, but a terrible fucking Fallout game. Absolutely abysmal in terms of Fallout standards.

I'm talking about Resident Evil, not any other games