RE2 1.3 adds significant performance optimizations

>RE2 1.3 adds significant performance optimizations
>Version 1.2 leaks without denuvo
>It STILL runs better than the "optimized" version
Defend this. How many times does it have to be proven that pirates get a better product than consumers?

Attached: Deadnuvo.png (676x539, 328K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=72440
steamcommunity.com/app/601150/discussions/0/1850323802567057864/?ctp=12#c1681441347867363477
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Defend this

naw fuck denuvo

What the fuck is in Denuvo where it dlowd down games that much?

It already ran 90fps maxed out for me at 1440p

Constant internet checks
It's using your cpu to check it's servers over and over again the whole time you play

You could have ran it at 102fps instead

No difference really.

Any links for the denuvo free exe? Please?

It only works on 1.2, so you can't use it with a Steam build
Wait for this site to go back up: cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=72440

I personally don't mind Denuvo; I still have to experience problems with a Denuvo-protected game and I understand it's a necessary evil given how the other option is not releasing games on PC at all.
I don't even understand why is this thread a thing; pirates shouldn't care over what "buycucks" and "paypigs" do with their money.

Attached: 1505322299644.jpg (454x634, 120K)

>necessary evil
Yeah, I remember the dark days of pre-2014 where PC games didn't exist
Oh wait PC gaming has worked without intrusive DRM for decades.

4 to 12 fps when you are at over 100 fps? I remember this article, what losers you white bois are.

"Back on the day" brodadband internet wasn't available on even the poorest countries in the world so videogame piracy wasn't a worldwide phenomenon in the same magnitude it is today. And before Denuvo we had things like SecuROM or Starforce.

I'll ask again: why do you care? Let idiots like me waste their money so you can let games for free.

Attached: 1506670826190.jpg (740x702, 95K)

>I remember this article
I hope so, considering it just got published

yeah i miss the old days of shareware, give ya few levels free, pay to play the rest. its a really good business model really... i mean if your games aren't shit that is

I care because I want to buy games, but I'm not paying for an assfucking

that really sucks i wish theyd at least remove it after the game gets cracked

>How many times does it have to be proven that pirates get a better product than consumers?
That's wrong though every including pirates gets fucked. Pirated copies cannot remove denuvo due to how it is embedded into the .exe and the rest of the game. Your just playing a version that has tricked denuvo into thinking it's legit but you are still running and installing denuvo on your system. That is why there is no difference between pirated/legit copies of games except in the cases where non denuvo builds have gotten out.

That's not how denuvo works though. It only does a check every week or two depending on how the developer has set it. Denuvo games would be impossible to play in offline mode otherwise. I hate denuvo as much as the next person but at least do some fucking research instead of spreading false information it just makes the anti-denuvo cause look worse.

Are you underage? Previous DRM schemes like safedisc, securom, and starforce were awful. Securom had a lifetime install limit and in many cases wouldn't even let you boot the game if you had things like dual cd/dvd drives or virtual drives for mounting .iso's. DRM has been around since fucking forever in the 80-early 90's games had physical DRM you would need to use either to start the game or progress past a certain point.

Then pirate them! My money is supporting the industry so I have you covered.
You don't need to get fucked in the ass when people like me are willing to suffer such indignities.

Attached: 1553121893827.jpg (768x768, 98K)

>best selling pc game of the year is drm free
fromsoft is based yet again

How the fuck is DRM causing performance issues?

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU

Explain how it impacts performance so badly if it only runs once a week

Sekiro isn't the best selling PC game of the year; that's, ironically, Anthem.

I bought this on PC during the sale, but it was stuttering so bad for me that I ended up refunding and getting its on PS4.
I had the same issue with DMC5 too by the way, but I managed to fix that by editing some file.

Yeah because every PC game had securom right retard?
DRM was never as common as it is now

>the other option is not releasing games on PC at all.
or, you know, releasing it without denuvo

No, it's not.
Anthem sold gangbusters on consoles (like all shitty western AAA games do) but it bombed on PC.

>Explain how it impacts performance so badly if it only runs once a week
I'm not saying it only runs once a week. I'm saying that the internet verification is only done once a week and that is not the cause of the performance problems. I don't know exactly how Denuvo works only Denuvo does there is a ton of speculation people have done based on observing it but it's all just that speculation.

Yeah because every PC game has Denuvo right retard?
Denuvo is not that common in the grand scheme of things outside of AAA games. Only 152 games in the last 5 years since it's release have had it (31 of those have since removed it).

So it gets pirated to hell and back? Why would you that, specially with PC pirates' constantly swooning paying customers towards piracy?
Piracy may be possible on consoles, but it has a risk (the console gets banned forever, has no access to firmware updates) so it's not as widespread. Meanwhile a pirate can pirate PC games without any risk.

>Yeah because every PC game has Denuvo right retard?
Anything not indie retard

I pirate all Denuvo games
Get fucked bootlicker

I pirate all denuvo games anyways so it doesn't really matter.

Hi, buyfag here who bought RE2, I had to tamper with it way too much to get it steady. Then I ran a pirated copy and beat it just fine. How is this okay?

And this affects you how? If you don't pirate it, then don't pirate the denuvo free copy. Faggot.

Oh, so denuvo make FOV wider?
Nice "benchmark".
Fuck pirateniggers.

Attached: cJz75I4.jpg (3840x1080, 1.36M)

I buy the games I want to play, Denuvo-protected or not.
Guess what? I'm a real consumer. I'm the one who decides where the industry goes. I'm the one who convinced publishers to use Denuvo.
You have no real power.

It's not okay because you're a liar.
I have a pretty weak machine and RE2 ran at 60 fps (had some temporary drops to 45 fps when entering a new area but nothing more) so I don't believe you.

Attached: 20190419221036_1.jpg (1920x1080, 130K)

Are there people who are still surprised that pirates get the better experience nowadays?

Attached: piratechad.png (976x658, 272K)

is there a difference?

>I'm the one who decides where the industry goes.
So you've decided that microtransactions and BR is the way to go
Thanks a lot fag

The only microtransaction I've bought was an extra inventory stash on Path of Exile. I've never bought cosmetics (for example I only bought the base Resident Evil 2 Remake because I'm not interested on paying for extra costumes) and I've never played a Battle Royale game.

Still, you're welcome. "Voting with your wallet" doesn't mean "this thing I don't like will stop being made"; it means "this thing I like will keep being made". So I'm fulfilling my duty.

I still pirate some things occasionally. Like very old games.

Attached: 20190419214101_1.jpg (1920x1080, 262K)

>It's not okay because you're a liar.
And I have an i5, who the fuck are you to call me a liar? The game has stuttering issues, you fucking piece of shit. Its well-known that the PC port had trouble depending on how many zombies were in the level at any given time. Hell, it taught me about paging memory management. Hurp a dur, it worked well for you, therefore I'm a liar. Fucking cunt.

I'll never understand why faggots defend Denuvo beyond to be a troll.

>Voting with your wallet only works when it's convenient to my narrative
Retard. I'm voting with my wallet just as much as you

>The game has stuttering issues, you fucking piece of shit.
That's a capcom steamapi.
steamcommunity.com/app/601150/discussions/0/1850323802567057864/?ctp=12#c1681441347867363477

>The game's actual performance problems don't come from Denuvo, that's not how any of this stuff works ever. Pirates may get a faster performing game, but that's only because they don't have SteamAPI blocking the execution of other threads. That's basically what it comes down to in 80% of these scenarios. A cracked game has to pretend to implement SteamAPI, but its pretend SteamAPI doesn't do anything and thus never gets tangled up in cross-thread performance deterioration.

>Special "I'mma put DRM on my own fix for Denuvo but lol I'mma pretend its not the DRM" K
Yeah nah

>Breaks 2 million sales in a week without DRM, DLC, microtransactions, multiplayer, or a publisher client
B-b-b-but Denuvo is a necessary evil! Games couln't possibly exist without predatory practices!

Attached: sekiro.jpg (650x366, 66K)

And this is my machine. A bordeline toaster, a piece of trash compared to your i5, and the game ran great. I had more trouble with poorly optimized non-Denuvo games like Nier Automata or Nioh.
That's why I'm calling you a liar.

No one is saying otherwise. By buying certain games you're indeed voting with your wallet.
You just don't understand how "voting with your wallet" works.

>There are two products, A and B
>You hate A and you never bought A but never bought B either.
>Someone else bought A
>A was profitable and keeps being made. B goes out of circulation.

>There are two products, A and B
>You hate A and you never bought A, buying B instead.
>Someone else bought A
>A was profitable and keeps being made. Same with B thanks to you.

>One hundred people buy A
>You hate A and never bought it. You posted on the internet dozens of walls of text talking about how A is bad.
>A was successful because 100 copies were sold, not because you never bought it.

>You hate A and never bought it but you bought B
>A was successful because 100 copies were sold, not because you never bought it. B was unsuccessful because not enough people bought it.

>You hate A and never bought it but you bought B. A friend of yours bought B too.
>A was successful because 100 copies were sold, not because you never bought it. B was successful because even when it only sold two copies, those two copies were enough for the creator to turn a profit.

Attached: Capture.jpg (790x638, 71K)

Everybody knows Denuvo is garbage that affects performance
Deniers are just trolling
I know, it's sad
They are probably console fagerinos

Attached: IMG_20190505_031911.jpg (360x360, 14K)

Go back to r/crackwatch piratenigger

>Of course Capcom won't fix this because they totally suck and are wasting time making Denuvo unstable in their games :sigh:. I literally added HDR to Monster Hunter World before they did, but I've met my match here.
Try again, you fucking faggot.

Seething paypigs can't accept the reality that pirates have a better experience than a game they paid $60 for. Quite sad really.

Attached: gigachad pirate.png (1673x2160, 1.23M)

You seriously expect me to believe you ran RE2 on an AMD FX-6300? You're the liar now.

I don't give a shit faggot
I'm not buying your shit DRM no matter how much you shill it.

That guy is a legit retard mixing things up

Because it comes from a very popular developer that already has a cult-like fanbase and guaranteed sales; the very same reason why The Witcher 3 is completely DRM-free.
There are enough buyers to vastly outnumber the pirates.

They're the exception, not the rule. Very few developers can afford themselves to do that.

Attached: 1516129710168.png (696x720, 598K)

Get the fuck out of this thread, Special K. Your fixes barely do shit.

based

>The Witcher 3 is completely DRM-free
All of them are DRM free because GOG made them, retard. Quality games sell, who knew?

It did, my dear friend. That's why I feel free to call you a liar.
During the four and two months I've had this machine (the GTX1060 is fairly new; I bought it on September and before it I had a GTX660ti) only one game absolutely refused to run: Wolfenstein II The New Colossus.

Attached: 20190419195904_1.jpg (1920x1080, 241K)

is this why it runs so bad on linux compared to windows?

>DMC, RE, Sonic, and MGS have so few fans that they can't guarantee sales without DRM and microtransactions
Sad!

>Wolfenstein II The New Colossus.
Really? Not that other fag but the only thing I could think of is that New Colossus is the first game to be Vulkan exclusive, but a GTX1060 should have no problem with that.

no that's just because it's linux.

I guess we're calling each other liars, you lying sack of shit. You did not run RE2Make on an that shitty CPU. And if you did, it was not a constant 60 FPS.

*four years
Sorry for the typo.

So, are you going to tell me that Skyrim and Fallout 4, other big budget Denuvo-free games that outsold almost everything on the industry, are quality games too?

What a faggot.

DMC5 ran better without Denuvo.
RE2 runs better without Denuvo.
DOOM runs better without Denuvo.
Mad Max runs better without Denuvo.
DRM forces exclusion of platforms such as the case of Revengeance.

How many times do we need to do this dance before we conclude that Denuvo affects performance?

No, because Bethesda knows that they can release half-assed games and have modders fix it. Denuvo makes modding more difficult. Guaranteed sales isn't why they excluded Denuvo.

no one cares about consumers, just look at the epic store fiasco, whats worse people actually defend epic despite the fact that sweeny is on twitter calling consumers fucking idiots and they still worship and defend him

I did. Read one of my posts: it had some drops when you arrived to new areas, but overall ran at 60 fps.
I'm starting to believe that the people who have problems running games just have OS bloated with garbage so they blame the games themselves.

Attached: 20190419200846_1.jpg (1920x1080, 134K)

Denuvo invests a lot of money in convincing publishers that they need their DRM. I would be less hostile to publishers that enforce Denuvo if they simply removed it after it gets cracked. I can understand wanting to protect the first few weeks of sales and getting customers who are either brainwashed or simply don't care about Denuvo. Valkyria Chronicles 4 still has Denuvo despite being cracked like 4 months ago. SEGA took like a year to remove Sonic Mania's Denuvo despite it being cracked almost immediately.

Attached: pirate chad.png (2518x1024, 276K)

Jesus Christ that screenshot is something you're proud of?

Attached: 1556686094889.gif (512x384, 1.68M)

Defending Denuvo is defending publishers. Why are you defending stockholders and their fucking shitty decisions?

Vakyria Chronicles 4 was the worst selling game on the series on every platform it was released on.
I'm sure it would have sell a total of 0 copies if it wasn't Denuvo protected.

Video game piracy was actually shown to increase sales, whereas the opposite was true for TV or movies.

After the shitshows that were 2 & 3 I'm not surprised. It took them two games to realize that they should just make 1, but better.

I didn't buy it specifically because of Denuvo
The game selling like ass doesn't somehow prove that Denuvo is good idiot

I don't defend publishers; I defend good games I liked and that Yea Forums runs smear campaigns against because they use Denuvo.
Like poor Ace Combat 7. So hated, so disliked.

And still 2 and 3 sold better than 4. That series is just too niche to be released on big platforms.

Attached: 20190502212922_1.jpg (1920x1080, 251K)

Did Bamco remove Denuvo? It doesn't say Denuvo on the Steam page.

Shut the fuck up, cuck

The only denuvo game i own is MHW and it's the only exception for a game

>How many times does it have to be proven that pirates get a better product than consumers?

How many times do you have to be told that it doesn't matter? The publishers couldn't possibly care less about the quality of the product you get.

That's not true in the slightest ("why paying for something when you can get it for free?"); it's a narrative created by pirates to justify piracy.

>But the EU study
The EU trashed that study because it was too vague to link a direct correlation between pirating and buying
>"Pirates buy more products but not necessarily the products they pirate, or even pirateable products at all"

It still does; read the end of the EULA

>That's not true in the slightest
damn i guess all those times i bought the game after pirating it don't count. I never buy games until I pirate and try them out first. It piracy was suddenly impossible and the devs didn't offer demos (when was the last time you saw a demo on Steam?) I'd just never play modern games again.

>they're hiding Denuvo in the EULA now
Sneaky jews.

Imagine being this stupid..
The point of the matter is that if people are gonna pirate no Amount of protection aside from streaming only games will stop that.
And people who buy games will buy them regardless if you can "Pirate it" but a large group of people are pissed that a DRM is slugging there game down and now refuse to buy it out of principal this hurts the over all game costs devs money and loses sales.
And lastly you buying 1 copy of a game doesn't justify a non purchase the devs are not sitting around a computer watching for that 0 to tick over to 1 and start cheering

>"I did it so everyone else does it"
Imagine having this much of a God complex

Denuvo checks locally to see if the hardware codes and keys provided by the server still match.
Most of the time these performance issues are because they just throw these checks wily nilly into the game where they lower framerate for no good reason.

If that study is wrong then cite one that's right.

Attached: 1541510084684.png (1000x1000, 77K)

Fortunately Capcom removed Denuvo from RE7 so they'll likely remove it from RE2make too sooner or later.

>God complex
lol ok retard. Piracy helps sales, deal with it.

No it doesn't
People won't pay for something when they can get it for free.
Pirates themselves preach constantly how you should stop buying games and just pirate, converting many potential customers to piracy.

Pirates are just delusional; they believe themselves to be more important for the industry than the people actually buying the games, something not even a child would think.

If piracy helped sales, Denuvo, Starforce, SecuROM, "to continue the game type the word written on page 5, paragraph 7 of the user manual" wouldn't exist.

Use the curator that tells whether a game has Denuvo or not, that one has always been accurate as far as I've seen.

>People won't pay for something when they can get it for free.
Now who has the god complex, making all-encompassing statements like that? Explain how I paid for something I pirated then. Atheists BTFO.

>Runs 4-12 fps faster at 480p resolution with everything turned down to low

I'm a fucking pirate, but these comparisons are stupid. Nobody plays games at these settings. At normal settings you're at best losing 1 fps or less.

>The point of the matter is that if people are gonna pirate no Amount of protection aside from streaming only games will stop that.
Agreed.

>And people who buy games will buy them regardless if you can "Pirate it"
Agreed

>but a large group of people are pissed that a DRM is slugging there game down and now refuse to buy it out of principal this hurts the over all game costs devs money and loses sales.
This has been proved false before and keeps being proved false. The amount of people offended by Denuvo is just a tiny (albeit loud) minority that doesn't impact sales on a significant manner.

>And lastly you buying 1 copy of a game doesn't justify a non purchase the devs are not sitting around a computer watching for that 0 to tick over to 1 and start cheering
You don't pay for the game. You pay to convince stockholders that PC is a platform worth releasing games on.
They can easily say "fuck PC" and release exclusively on consoles, saving the money invested on Denuvo.

Attached: 20190501161435_1.jpg (1920x1080, 215K)

>That series is just too niche to be released on big platforms.
The series is niche because SEGA made it niche starting by releasing not one but two sequels exclusively on a personal device mostly used by nips. VC4 just came too late. I'm surprised it exists at all.

Here's the fact kid: every time somebody objective researches the actual proven damages caused by piracy in any medium, the sum always comes down to 0 or even a negative amount. No one has EVER been able to prove any actual loss of profit due to piracy. People simply ASSUME it must lower sales because that makes sense to them, but the hard verified fact is that it doesn't.

>If piracy helped sales, Denuvo, Starforce, SecuROM, "to continue the game type the word written on page 5, paragraph 7 of the user manual" wouldn't exist.
That's false retard. You assume companies always know what's in their own best interest. They don't. Companies are staffed and led by the same sort of morons you are.

>Because it comes from a very popular developer that already has a cult-like fanbase and guaranteed sales
You mean like Capcom and the RE series?

They don't seem to have AC7 listed, for starters.

Except Valkyria Chronicles 1 bombed spectacularly on the PS3 too. That's why it went to the PSP in the first place.

>But the Steam sales of the first game
Seven years after the matter, when the budget invested on the game was long lost and Sega had nothing to lose. At the end they didn't mean anything.

>that one recent Japanese article about the guy who uploaded World Trigger BDs
>included an estimated profit loss where they clearly took the number of downloads, multiplied it by the cost, and added 5 zeroes for the hell of it as if every single leecher was going to buy the entire BD set
Who even takes anti-piracy articles seriously nowadays? They can't think outside the box and are still stuck using the price * downloads = lost profit equation.

Because there is no way to objectively prove it to be helpful or harmful given how there is no way to take every single pirate and study his / her purchase history and pirated software library. At best you can speculate but if you apply common sense you realize that it is harmful.
>Game is released.
>The game's development required money, time and resources
>Pirate pirates the game
>The developers receive $0 from that copy, meaning that they can't recoup the investment. Meanwhile the pirate gets to use the software.
>Extrapolate it for 1000000

Anti-piracy measures have been as old as PC gaming, not something morons like me invented recently as a way to attack poor gamers. Pic very related.

Attached: 7-w4_cardvalidation.jpg (800x1216, 238K)

It still got pirated you stupid nigger

if you have a 144hz monitor, yes.

>Because there is no way to objectively prove it to be helpful or harmful
Then why are you making objective statements like and ? You're not very good at your anti-piracy shilling.

who gives a shit
t. have a 144hz monitor

Way to ignore the rest of my post.
As expected from someone who unironically believes that pirates are more important than buyers.

>Way to ignore the rest of my post
Way to ignore the flaws in your argument I just brought up. Are you paid per post or is it an hourly rate?

My argument is flawless: you can't have objective data but if you sit down and think for a second you'll realize the truth, while piracy has no legs to stand on its own.
Very few people get killed by sharks every year; it doesn't mean that you should go to the sea and try to rape a shark.

>you can't have objective data
>but my objective statements are flawless
Nevermind you're just trolling. You got a few (you)s, congrats.

Attached: akko.jpg (665x574, 29K)

You have neither objective data or an actual argument proving that piracy increases sales; meanwhile I have basic logic to back me.

That said, I am indeed a fool. Why did I waste my time with a pirate, someone who means nothing to the videogame industry as a whole?

You can adjust the FOV in the settings ini. But I agree that this benchmark is pointless unless you test different hardware.
In any case, it was already proven by digital foundry that DMC V ran better on weaker processors with Denuvo removed. RE2 uses the same engine.

>So it gets pirated to hell and back?
it gets pirated with denuvo so whats the point?

well atleast i support developers that make games like this possible anyways.

paypigs like you are why vidya is dying.

everything would be better if you didn't exist.

>(OP)
>What the fuck is in Denuvo where it dlowd down games that much?
You are running a virtual machine for a game in simple words.

how so?

>the console gets banned forever, has no access to firmware updates
nothing does this.
sony can ban you from anything that requires signing into PSN, but they can't ban you from updating your PS4 or updating PS4 games. they can IP ban you from all their services if you DOS them, but that's unrelated.
microsoft is less lenient to my knowledge, considering game updates a part of xbox live and banning you from them, but you can still download console updates from their site and install them from USB storage.
PS4 and xbone support downloading updates to use offline. EVERY console includes the latest update at the time of printing on physical games so they can force you to update.

>Vakyria Chronicles 4 was the worst selling game on the series on every platform it was released on.
>I'm sure it would have sell a total of 0 copies if it wasn't Denuvo protected.
Have you ever considered the fact that it was also the ONLY game in the series with Denuvo?

>DRM forces exclusion of platforms such as the case of Revengeance
the pathetic thing about that is the mac """port""" was just a wine wrapper, konami paid someone to bundle wine with their game and they added always online DRM to it. if you had the mac version you could just extract the game data from the .app and run it with another form of wine.

>That's why it went to the PSP in the first place.
No it went to PSP because they wanted to bandwagon the handheld market booming at the time.