Boycott Left 4 Dead 2

Boycott Left 4 Dead 2

Attached: index.jpg (193x262, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U45KPDpAuHE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this is you

Attached: you.gif (250x250, 137K)

Has it really been 10 years since then? Damn time flies.

I still have invites to l4d2 boycott groups on my alt steam profile. Used that thing for CSS and put my CD key of HL GOTY into it.

>10 Years
Oh my god.
I need to get a life.

Attached: lain breath.gif (533x719, 89K)

why did people want to boycott it again? I barely remember because I just bought it and left those boycott groups

Because it came out a year after l4d1 and was basically the same game with a few new mechanics. Essentially it was 50 dollar standalone dlc.

Attached: i2R3gHO.jpg (800x666, 80K)

>came out 1 year after L4D1
>Valve more or less ousted Turtle Rock and seemingly took all their assets
>supposedly L4D1 was supposed to get more content/support

Of course, L4D2 ended up porting all of L4D1's content forward and Turtle Rock went on to become turbojew whores, so it all worked out in the end.

are the discord trannies gonna post "has it been 10 years since GG" posts in 2024?

>50$
????

oh that was it? Remember when that was a big issue and not always online drm games as a service with required 5000 dollar micro transactions to get all the content, or even AAA games that don't function properly for weeks after launch?
We could have stopped it back in the days of "on disc dlc"

lmao I remember that whole shit show

It was $50 on PC at least.

What do discord trannies have to do with GG?
When it first came out it was $50. Same for l4d1.

Boycott all the chunk add-ons in the workshop

It was a simpler time.

People (myself included) were pissed about it coming out less than a year after L4D1 and essentially killing it, despite L4D being marketed heavily as following the "TF2 model" of future frequent free updates.

It looks very much like L4D2 happened because the guys at Turtle Rock were unhappy with being Valve South and asked to split off and be independent again, and Valve rushed out L4D2 in order to solidify their claim on the L4D IP before the impending split.

youtube.com/watch?v=U45KPDpAuHE

And now L4D2 has both L4D2 & L4D1 campaigns, workshop mods and one of the best community content campaigns and maps in the market. In retrospect, boycotters were gay babies and still are lmao.

At best this a viral marketing test to see if people really want a l4d3.
I bought l4d2 day one. However, without knowing the future, it was a pretty fair criticism.

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY ANIME MODS!?

Attached: 4e3.jpg (413x449, 50K)

No, this just proves that the boycotters were completely right. They were pissed that L4D was getting completely replaced by L4D2 and getting all the content and support that all the L4D marketing had promised that L4D would get.

You got lucky in just getting L4D2, while everyone who bought L4D in 2008 got screwed out of $50 for being so unlucky as to discover L4D before L4D2 was announced.

Attached: slowpoke.png (1920x1080, 84K)