Play DOOM

Play DOOM

Attached: E1M1.png (1024x768, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JMT66tAXm20
youtube.com/watch?v=zlWeYDosbhw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no, play plutonia

you cant even look up and down in this game, it fucking sucks, it barely even qualifies as 3d

>Backpack and rocket box
Wait a minute...

Just pick GZDOOM you fucking autist
Also, if you want to have enjoyable gameplay
>Download Smooth Doom
>Download Andrew Hulshult covers for Doom
>Put Fast Monsters flag in game

Nigga i just started playing it the last year and its lit as hell. Just go brutal doom and have a more modern experience

>Recommends a source port whose author barely plays the game because he sees its as his own project for his tech experiences
>Mod that doesn't change gameplay, just adds more sprites
>Music that also doesn't change gameplay
PrBoom+ and Crispy Doom exist and their options menus aren't clusterfuckery like GZDoom's
Nor would they let modders exploit user's hard drives because of an accidental exploit left by Graf "REEEEE LILITH" Zahl

Probably because it's one of the first FPS games and nobody had any expectations for FPS games yet because nobody knew what they were yet.

Waiting for a 60fps source port on Switch because PCs are for spreadsheets

Sorry, theres a point in where Doom actually gets boring after you beat it a couple times, but don't tell the basement ultra autists who replay the same 10000k WAD's for it and claim "I-i-it changes the replayability!" that.

>Brutal Doom for a modern experience
Or just turn off vertical aiming in most source ports
All BD did was the fatalities and Nashgore was the original gore mod

>feeling cheeky and start replaying doom
>remember that inferno is just an episode filled to the brim with "that level"
>stop replaying doom

Attached: 1504549086283.gif (512x384, 2.32M)

Retard wanted to look up and down, I solved his problem. Without Smooth Doom game looks too choppy for any zoomer taste, Hulshult tracks are faithful recreation of MIDI bootleg 80s metal songs. I just want to bring least painful introduction to vanilla Doom anyway (except fast monsters but when you have mouse look they are piece of cake anyway).

Play it for me chief

quake is better

Shadow Warrior, Blood and Duke Nukem 3D are better

Best Dark Halls (e1m3) cover
youtu.be/JMT66tAXm20

Duke is better.

>not using BooM

I tried the gog version, couldn't even play with a mouse and had to use a keyboard. Don't give a shit what you boomers had to do back in the day, fps on a keyboard is retarded

have fun

>andrew hulshult
>not a SC55 music pack

get good noob.

run SETUP.EXE to turn mouse on.

All Build games are shit

Gimme a good megawad to play through and maybe I will.

>get good
>with garbage controls
lol ok faggot, keyboards for fps games is objectively retarded. I understand that it is a product of the times but there's a reason no fps games these days are played with only a keyboard
>run SETUP.EXE to turn mouse on.
Also I did this, and with the mouse on, although I could use it to look around, I was also being forced to run with the mouse by moving it forward, which made zero sense. So that was completely unplayable

Tomorrow gonna play with some new wads/pk3

>you will never be this fucking dumb
use a source port you brainlet

that requires me to actually put in effort though

I played DOOM but couldn't get through 2. It's 7 hours of troll design and enemy spam.

Attached: ALLHEDOESISJUMPANDSWITCHWEAPONSREEEEEEEEE.webm (320x240, 2.68M)

that's not the 3DO version

SmoothDoom shotgun firerate is fucked

>x1.25 speed
>constantly switching guns for no reason other than to make it look "cool" and "fast paced"
hella yikes

doom isnt even that good, quake on the other hand *sips* now thats a game

You fat fuck you can disable mouse strafing in the setup. If your too stupid for that you should install chocolate doom which is the same shit but easier to use.

this kills the boomer

you can't in vanilla doom, you need an external TSR called novert. chocolate doom has it built-in.

not hating on the new doom, but cherrypicked as fuck. the point in the webm is where the game actually gets good, the first couple levels are really lame

youtube.com/watch?v=zlWeYDosbhw
so which ones do you like? i like un36 and un44 the most

>have to wait for enemies to spawn
>have to upgrade so weapon switching is faster
>have to use weapon mods because otherwise the plasma rifle has the same damage per second as the har
>nudoom footage takes place in the middle of the game while classic doom footage is the very first and second levels (it's called cherrypicking)

When the FUCK is John Romero gonna release Sigil?

The first couple of levels in nuDoom are pretty decent. It's later on that the arena-hallway-arena formula starts to get stale.

Soon
delayed again

We gotta wait for the fuckers who paid for the boxes to get it first.

I was

Attached: image.png (1920x1080, 435K)

i'm really worried that Romeros design sensibilities might be a bit dated compared to modern and, frankly, better maps. Hopefully he uses Doom II and custom textures at the very least.

I don't know how anyone can think this. the more stuff to shoot the better, the intro is easy as fuck and boring since there's only a couple enemy and weapon types.

we know it's for ultimate doom only

No SSG is gonna be a nightmare desu

I already replayed it recently. It was great.

Silly user, DOOM nowadays has full VR support with 6DoF tracking and aiming based on hand tracking. What, you think this is 1993?

i don't know, i liked his episode 1 replacements.

one of them had this really cool idea where every room had a different gimmick. i thought it was some kind of coincidence then i watched his playthrough and it was all on purpose, the absolute madman.

But I am already

Attached: Screenshot_Doom_20190505_025036.png (1360x768, 497K)

what is this and why does it look fallout-y

yeah no SSG sucks but at least theres no fucking archviles

The very first level was dull, but the few after that felt like classic Doom levels. There was backtracking and looping level design. The last 4 or 5 levels are pretty much all the same arena-hallway-arena design which in itself is dull, but is made worse by the fact that it's all you've been doing in the past couple hours of the game. It becomes predictable, you know when every encounter is going to happen and roughly how they will all play out (Imps and Soldiers first with maybe a Hell Knight or two, then more Hlell Knights with Cacos and Revenants, then Mancubi/Barons).

viles (and doom 2 enemies) are one of the only reasons I still play doom wads

That's because it's not 3D. Doom was just very cleverly designed to give the illusion of a 3D space.

Ashes 2063

based