This game is genuinely a 10/10. How did it go so right?

this game is genuinely a 10/10. How did it go so right?

Attached: echoes.jpg (385x341, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8MKsTw4Ni0A
youtube.com/watch?v=il_0rcErYyw
youtube.com/watch?v=7z_InBcMCNs
youtube.com/watch?v=qob_7L3ykLQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

guy who made it had genuine feelings for the original, having played it with his father

it's a clear product of love and not money

remake of a good game
superb voice acting in both languages
excellent artstyle
it's just that simple. fuck fates lol.

>$0ylentia
>good
(lol. Fates is vastly superior

>remake of a good game
Come on user

It fixed all of the flaws of the original outside Map Design, leaving the original obsolete. Which is what a good remake should do.

It used actual MCs instead of the shitty dating sim avatars that modern FE uses

Did not try because of Fates, and because I can't get over the fact that core FE is just an RNG shitfest and I don't want to play missions over and over but I also don't want to play as a casual with no penalties for units falling in battle.

Can we just get Hidari for every FE game fuck.

You'll like this one, Milla's Turnwheel is a new device that lets you have several turn rewinds a chapter, so you can undo bad RNG without restarting while still needing to be resourceful

Hidari not being the artist for 3 Houses is the most baffling fucking thing. Three Houses art looks so shit in comparison to Echoes.

Everything about Three Houses so far looks like garbage. It looks like IS used their C-team benchwarmers to make it

If they can't make the 3D look good, they could have at least gotten the proven Hidari back instead of some mediocre fujo artist to keep the 2D art looking good.

Art direction and Music is so good it masks obvious flaws of the original. This game went so far and above the expectations using mediocre source material. It's definitely a gem.

3D characters in the overworld map sucks ass too, especially compared to PoR and RD. I really don't think this game has any idea how to look good and IS knows it's low risk now so they don't have to care.

Yeah, the only impression I have of the game so far is that it looks like some third-rate GCN shovelware. I don't understand how they can do that with a series that recently exploded in popularity.

Almost, would've been a 10/10 if it had some variety in the map objectives but apart from that it was definitely above what I expected from a remake.

I liked that you could send all of your units to battle, it sucks when you can't deploy half of your army

Another Echoes thread, here we go again.

But to remain on-topic before CQfag shits all over the thread again, it's not a 10/10 at all. It lacks good maps, Cantors make most of the maps a huge chore to play (especially on the Celica route) and there are only like two or three good, long dungeons when they could have easily expanded on that way more. But it's a fun game, I enjoyed how the equip and forge mechanic was implemented and having a set of units to use through the whole game was a breath of fresh air instead of having to deal with dozens of fodder that never leave the barracks like in other games.

Celica a SHIT.

Attached: 1551111713548.jpg (500x435, 36K)

The gameplay looks cool, I'm excited to try out the new class system and I hope the different classes have enough going for them to warrant separate playthroughs

It isn't, you just pretend it's good because you hate Awakening and Fates and to trigger an autist on the internet.

Attached: BAIT.jpg (3000x3000, 368K)

This game is a sum of extremes.
When it's good, it's very good, which can be seen in the artwork, music, voice acting and overall presentation.
However, the bad stuff gets really ugly, the map design, story, characters and certain enemy types really hurt the game.

StillBetterThanMostOfFates/10

Sounds like a cool idea, too bad I sold my 3DS. Oh well.

it's 8/10 for me, would be 9/10 if not for that shitty dungeon crawling and the unchanged maps

>söyboy calling other söyboys söyboys
Nintenbabbies never fail to amuse

Then what would the A team be working on?

>It fixed all of the flaws of the original outside Map Design
>Worse gameplay in the franchise
>Made the story even worse
>Alm and Celica are 10x worse
>Devolved gaiden into a glorified VN.
Chirst, what is wrong with Echoesfags?

Bro you have a switch, do you not realize $0y is here to make fun of your type? lol retard

Fates gets everything right except the plot and the MC
SoV gets everything wrong except the presentation

according to SoVkeks the latter is somehow better

6/10 game with 10/10 presentation
The music and Hidari's art knocked it out of the park. The presentation is so good that it makes you not care in the places where the gameplay falls short.

FEfags praising Echoes relentlessly prove that the following is not important for a FE game
>game mechanics/balance
>story
>map design
What is actually important is
>art
>English voice acting

>except the plot and the MC
And the Birthright/Revelations maps

Ya seethe? Ya boil?

Attached: based.png (1000x720, 484K)

>everyone mostly talking about Echoes and their opinions
>BUT FAAAAAATES

You faggots and your horrid fanbase have a massive victim complex.

Attached: 1495143493305.jpg (540x622, 38K)

Birthright only takes a nosedive towards the end and Revelations maps while gimmicky still provide a more compelling experience than the overwhelming majority of Echoes.

>And the Birthright/Revelations maps
Better than SoV's empty plains.
>That one map that only has Berkut, Fernand and another lance cavalier on an empty field
>Neither is even strong.

literally second post

Reminder that the Genealogy remake will blow this and every other FE game out of the water if it gets the Echoes treatment.

Attached: 1F728C46-E696-4BCA-8935-39B84B36ACCC.png (1293x1440, 1.7M)

where are the memes

Attached: Reddit Berkut.jpg (1020x700, 118K)

>shit on them for years for their "bad game"
>confused when they do the same to you when your game is even worse
I'm in the same boat, you niggers shit on the Archanea games all the time for not looking good.

one thing is looking worse than same gen games, another is looking worse than the game you're supposed to be a remake of

put the söy down manchild

lol sure

CQfaggot doesn't count and he's exactly the same example.

Attached: 1505523568356.jpg (325x371, 26K)

It's my favorite of the 3DS games, but I wouldn't go that far.

Attached: 1528145331765.jpg (1161x799, 134K)

>implying

If it was like this to you that just means that you grinded too much so the game became a non issue. That map is a great reversal where usually you're outnumbered and the enemies are overall all stronger than your individual units, combining with your army being split and their mobility that makes that map a threat (unless, of course, you're overleveled and you can solo all three with alm or some dread fighters)

You don't fit in, redditor

Attached: 1548388469159.png (1732x1074, 285K)

Got anymore Berkut?

>Choke points and big open space maps: The Game

Hard meh from me folks

The overall presentation, art and music are by far the best Fire Emblem has been in years but the maps and enemy types are god awful. I had to drop the game about halfway through chapter 4 because I couldn't take it anymore. Fucking cantor's spawning necrodragons endlessly, swamp and desert tiles that reduce movement to ONE (1) space, and 1-tile-wide choke points at every god damn fortress map.

Posting best track
youtube.com/watch?v=8MKsTw4Ni0A

Attached: fuckingwhy.png (768x896, 21K)

here you go

Attached: 1510783830952.jpg (800x915, 116K)

Sorry, that's the only picture I have of best boy. Have best brother and best girl as an apology.

Attached: 1548731019127.jpg (630x750, 67K)

This amount of delusion is insane, only played the story chapters and the chapter takes no effort, takes more time walking towards them than fighting them. At worst takes like 2 hits to kill each, maybe 3 for Berkut.
>That map is a great reversal where usually you're outnumbered and the enemies are overall all stronger than your individual units, combining with your army being split and their mobility that makes that map a threat
No fucking way you believe this, no fucking way anyone this retarded exists.

Delusion and trying to cope with echoes selling way less than their despised fates and awakening. Probably would've done similar numbers if it had dating sim shit tho

>I had to drop the game about halfway through chapter 4 because I couldn't take it anymore.

I'd say pick it up, Chapter 4 is the last one before Duma Temple. I understand is the worst part of the game but don't lock yourself from the best fights in the game. Also you can't say you played Echoes without having listened to at least Rudolph and Duma Berkut's themes in their maps:

youtube.com/watch?v=il_0rcErYyw
youtube.com/watch?v=7z_InBcMCNs
youtube.com/watch?v=qob_7L3ykLQ

At least do it for Thabes Labyrinth, that place will tear you a new one.

Attached: 1549117227713.jpg (540x720, 82K)

I pick it back up every now and then and maybe get through one map just to find that the next is an even bigger pain in the dick. Now I feel like I've really hit a wall with both Alm and Celica's armies.

>Every echoes thread theres always someone complaining about the maps
Go play revelations or something you retarded casual faggots

Abuse Dread Fighters. Even when picking Sonya (because why wouldn't I) it's all a matter of little by little opening your way with them, this playing on Hard Classic also. Give them all Brave Swords and just tear everything apart.

Attached: 1553760132765.png (1000x799, 423K)

Based filter raping this jabroni into submission just like a gang of black men raped Kevin Nash at gunpoint in the Summer of 1992.

>time walking
>map is the smallest one in the game outside the dungeons

Yeah, ok.

It's the same no life autist in every FE thread. If no one is talking about Echoes, he'll samefag and stir up shit just to begin his autistic tantrum.

Literal barneyfag of FE thread.

That alone should give you the idea how garbage the map is.

Find me a map better than this one, I'll wait.

Attached: Cm_fe02_c4_m10_alm.png (512x464, 14K)

>Plays Echoes
>Complains about casuals
Don't worry Echoescuck, Revelations' maps are shit too, just like Echoes.

Can you expand on this? I hadn't really thought about using reclassing to abuse the system but if theres a good tactic to make the game ez mode then I'll give it a shot. I don't think I even have any dread fighters atm.

Fuck you OP, you memed me into buying this shit.

No waifus/children = shit.

Dilate
>SoVboy calling others retarded casuals
O M E G A L U L

Echoescucks may be retarded but you're no better than them, kys

>I don't think I even have any dread fighters atm.

Dread Fighters are by far the strongest class in the game. From Celica's side, I had Saber, Jessie, Atlas and Kamui, while on Alm's army I had Tobin and Gray. Alm's army doesn't really need as many since they fight more melee enemies so mages like Delthea shine in that route. Atlas is also one of the strongest units in the game with massive Atk stat so along being able to crit in almost every single encounter, he deals huge damage every time.

What makes Dread Fighters shine is not only their high Crit chance (which can easily reach 50% and even higher) and great Spd, but also they get a bonus against mages that reduce the damage they receive by half, so they can just run at them and shut them down with ease.

Attached: 1555471680382.jpg (1040x1474, 134K)

I hope thracia gets a remake on the switch

Yeah but if they remake it I want them to really remake it. The game comes so close to decent ideas but then Kaga throws three retarded elements at you just before anything pays off.