Its just not fun. Worst metroidvania I’ve ever seen

Its just not fun. Worst metroidvania I’ve ever seen.

Attached: 9AA9C155-F659-4C6B-9AE0-27E25ED019A7.jpg (282x261, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WGau8RBMNG8
steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/967599421465067988/8CE9657B63A06C6C7CCB15C4BF0C6EEFEFB0F131/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thanks for your opinion! I'm glad to know you're not enjoying it :)

you cant deny has more soul than most AAA you have played the last 5 years.

end game has a little bit too much backtracking for my personal taste, but you're a contrarian.

Play something good like La Mulana 2 or Rain world

>seen
thanks for confirming you haven't played it

agreed
its literally zoomers first metroidvania, its not outstanding in any regard

>Have to sit down to update map
Fuck Yea Forums for shilling this shit game

I too got memed into buying this game by Yea Forums. I mean I was certain that I was gonna like it. It's a good game and all but for some reason I never feel like playing it.

I'll admit it's not for everyone. I'm sorry you didn't like it OP. I won't attack you for your differing opinion.

It's a lot of fun in my opinion

Not the worst but certainly not good. Especially at the beginning.
>Get lost
>Either you buy the map and pins or get lost even more
>Have to waste a slot just to see where you're character is on the map
>Npc dialogue gives no hints on what area to go to next
>Have to keep hitting dead ends until you find the next area

They really overestimated how good their bosses are. Fuck Godmaster or whatever it's called

wasnt the entire dev team like 3 guys in a basement?

not bad considering that

>seen
So you didn't play it.

actually, good game is NOT good fuck you Yea Forums enjoy your fake fun

here
inb4 gets good 20 hours in

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 3.17M)

babby wants his convenience. Waaaaah ;_; navigation is hard.

Hollow Knight is a weird game in my book.
I played it about 24 hours total in long stretches, was quite addicted to it, and then at a certain point, without an apparent reason, I just quit playing it and never picked it back up. I'm not sure why, but the will to play it further was gone long before the actual game ended.

why don't you have bed sheets

please don't use the term metroidvania. can you imagine if we called rock music berryvis?

Sorry for your shit taste user

Or you learn to navigate using your own brain' spatial abilities.
Elderbug will tell you where your next major movement ability is.

I’m in couch due to a foot surgery

How do I git gud to complete the rest?

Attached: 1.jpg (1920x1080, 274K)

> Still in Dirtmouth after 8 hours

Attached: 1507779348975.png (500x584, 121K)

Nah I uninstalled and returned it. Even la mulana or Metroid 2 wasn't this vague in where to go.

Horrible map design.

create another term and make it catch on then

exploration platformers

I went back to the shop and explore after acquiring a new skill. I have four areas discovered, trying to get mantis claw then I gave up

>leaving pubic hair on switch screen
kek

I know Markoth loses the floor and is a bit tough because a spear can spawn pretty much on top of you.
What changes happen to White Defender, Nosk and Nosk (girl)?

analtorturevania

you have no excuse for not having radiant on both Nosk forms, as for the last three you just throw yourself at them till either you or them breaks.

No you're a contrarian.

Horrible user navigation skills are not the same thing as horrible map design.
The map design is fine. You're just navigationally retarded.

The art style is cute but the beginning really is kind of plain and off putting in the sense of not really having much to go from while having to grind to get a map to even make sense of things. And even then, IIRC, you had to get another item which you also would have to grind for. Add that to bothering to get pins and going through the trouble of marking it, I guess it really just wasn't for me.

It's a okayish game, I guess it's just more appreciated by those who like to do things a bit manually and old school when it comes to map. The exploration thing and whatever. I've definitely have had my share of metroidvanias, including name-sake as well, but asides from a few Metroid titles, this genre is kinda hard for me to get into without feeling kinda hopeless and dreading for the next clue because I really hate going through circles or going all over the place knowing that there's a path I'm missing, even more if I'm drastically limited.

I'm a contrarian!
What now?

i didn't like game

Attached: photo_2018-12-08_22-29-11.jpg (117x128, 5K)

Its basically a flash game with the production of a AAA title

I regret buying it, and don't tell me the story is good.

>that mattress

I hope you don't sleep on that

Why do so many people complain about the fucking map of all bloody things?
You've got pens and paper, use them.

Okay. Play something better suiting your tastes, then.

>wasn't this vague in where to go
Disregarding the validity of this statment, I don't understand how people get lost in these games. There are only so many at-the-moment dead ends you can go to before you hit the spot you need to go.

Wow, you're pointless.

Because it's a horrible map design. You can literally go into new areas and not even realize that you're not supposed to be there until hitting all the dead ends. In Metroid or a game like aria of sorrow, you enter a new area and the first few rooms will block you off from progressing further. It's just a boring ass tedious task in hollow knight which is why so many hate it. Don't even get me started on the fact that you have to purchase a map and find a save point to update it.

Attached: aa709cc124ac7e4f9b44987e5c52a58f.jpg (500x721, 43K)

You're pointless

Contratrian post

>You can literally go into new areas and not even realize that you're not supposed to be there until hitting all the dead ends
... So?
That's exploration, it's part of the game.
And you don't have to purchase a map at all, they're completely unnecessary.

>trial of the fool
how do I get past the stage where it just spams Mantis Traitors and the flying ones? I'm running sharp shadow, mark of pride, quick focus and hiveblood. I have the coiled nail btw

Attached: 1526486077619.jpg (473x496, 95K)

>have to buy a map
>didn't bring some pen and paper on his journey
Some knight this guy is

It’s a pillow.
It’s not very clear how to proceed

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 3.09M)

you have never played a single video game in your life

I want fun, not work

Then just don't update the map. It's not necessary. Find fun in exploring without it.

Then I guess it just isn't very good

it couldn't hurt to upgrade the nail to the final tier. Do you also have max masks and soul?

>Don't even get me started on the fact that you have to purchase a map and find a save point to update it.
No please do start so I can laugh at you some more

>Metroidvania without a map
Stupid shill game

Man if that's the only alternative I'll just find fun in another game

I really don’t like how they designed the map in this game

I am enjoying Hollow Knight and willing to invest more time in it, but the map kind of sucks. I’m used to games of this genre giving you a map that actually opens up and expands in real time as you explore new areas, but this is just...

Fair enough that each area you unlock has no visible map and you have to buy one, but the fact that even after you buy a map, some areas still don’t even show up on the map until you explore them blindly and have to rest at a bench in order to reveal the actual paths you’ve been through is not enjoyable.

It’s not even that I want the map to show me every location in any given area. It’s just that uncovering new sections of the map should be in real-time and not have you wandering around empty space on the map until you rest and then it shows you where you’ve been like it’s some fucking puzzle.

The fact you have to buy some bullshit just to see your icon on the map is dumb too, but it’s not a big deal. this might not seem like a big deal either, but it is for me, because I get lost often and it’s ridiculously frustrating.

Oh, here’s a new area. How exciting. But wait. I need a map first.Let me try to find that weevil guy and purchase it.

Great. Now I have a map. It’s a start, but it still doesn’t show you everything. Or at least reflect your exploration in REAL TIME. No, I have to blindly stumble through similar looking rooms in the hopes of finding a bench, or blindly try to backtrack to the bench I found earlier just to show me a map of an area I ALREADY DISCOVERED. And then I have to blindly explore the next area.

This map system is a garbage fire the likes of which I have never seen before.

I swear, if somebody comes up and tries to give me some nonsense ‘IT GIVES YOU A GOOD SENSE OF EXPLORATION THIS WAY. IT’S IMMERSIVE’ type of reasoning, just don’t.

Shills will defend it though and think it's a perfect game though. Shame.

get rid of sharp shadow, quick focus, hiveblood and equip quick slash, soul catcher and fragile strength. heal when there is 1 enemy left before advancing to the next wave.

Attached: 1473578497727.png (319x317, 255K)

Or maybe you suck at navigation and are blaming the game instead of your own poor navigation skills.

You hit them until they die?
Like the hardest part about Trial of Fools is that you need to git gud at combat because of how long it is. Its a lot like how a lot of the later bosses doesn't allow healing unless you spot where the possibility is.

>In Metroid or a game like aria of sorrow, you enter a new area and the first few rooms will block you off from progressing further.
Hollow knight literally does this too.
One of the first instances I can think off is near the beginning of the game where you can't progress past the pillbug enemy into greenpath without the spirit spell to shoot at it.
Why are you so bad at videogames?
>Don't even get me started on the fact that you have to purchase a map and find a save point to update it.
youtube.com/watch?v=WGau8RBMNG8

What, you can't have fun without a map? Are you really THAT shit at navigating from place to place?
Okay. Fine. Hollow Knight is clearly too High IQ for you. Go back to Overwatch.

>I really don’t like how they designed the map in this game
MAP IS NOT NECESSARY.
Map map map map map map map map fuck's sake it's completely optional. Map the game out in your own head.

>It’s not very clear how to proceed
Its not incredibly vauge either. Not even midway through the game you get markers telling you the three major spots you need to go to progress. Any time you get an upgrade you should be able to recall a good majority of all the dead ends you found before and navigate them which progresses you through the game.

This. We've had auto-updating maps since Super and, while I get that they were trying to be unique, it just adds pointless busywork.

>Its just not fun
elaborate

>Any time you get an upgrade you should be able to recall
But map doesn't do that for me! I'd have to manually be aware of what paths lead to where! That's TOO HARD! WAAAAAAAAAAAH

It adds 0 busywork if you never buy it. Cmon son.

Oh I just got done playing it all day. I'm really into it but I've never played Metroidvania's before. What don't people like?

>pube covered switch on a filthy bare matress

Attached: ee0.jpg (540x328, 29K)

Getting rather frustrated at Hollow Knight

So I love metroidvania games and was very excited to hear about a new one that was highly received.

And as a game its ok, but some game mechanics are just downright frustrating.

> No direction: there's enormous confusion as where to go next, and most of the time its going from one corner of the massive map to another

>Couple that with the fact that you don't get stronger (at least I haven't despite 5 zones being unlocked), you have the same health as you did at the start of the game, the enemies are jsut as hard. Backtracking becomes a massive pain. I have never gotten so frustrated at backtracking in a metroidvania game as I have here.

> Lack of saves: this is my biggest source of frustration. Due to the aforementioned reasons, I die, a LOT. But then I have to start several rooms over and it just seems like a massively daunting task just to go back to the room I died. This is particularly infuriarting for boss battles.

I died a lot with the Mantis Lords; and the majority of the 2 hours I put into defeating them, were just going back up to face them.

Now I'm fighting the broodling maweling, and its the same damn thing. I'm dying a lot, but the closest save spot is 5 rooms over.

This isn't fun, its a CHORE! I have no problem with making the game/bosses hard, but don't make it cumbersome.

>Coupled with point 3, I lost a shade that had over 3000 geos...

I don't know what the point of this post is...its just unecessarily frustrating.

>Couple with the first few points, there's no real feeling of progression, I'm not acquiring new abilities, not getting stronger, nothing. Its just a whole bunch of back and forth. After 10 hours, I have only two abilities (mantis claw, and the cape). Where's the reward factor in all this/

>no health upgrades or the mantis claw after EIGHT FUCKING HOURS

I do suck at navigating. But that's what maps are fucking for but the maps sucks balls

Low IQ retards suck shit at mental mapmaking, play an exploration game anyway, and get frustrated when their IRL stats aren't high enough to enjoy the game without a crutch.
To be fair yes the crutch is inconvenient if you rely on it. But just don't rely on it.

Sorry to hear that user. I'm not as big a fan of the game as some guys here but there are certainly worse games

Try playing it instead of watching

Ehh, I don't even play multiplayer games

The biggest and most legitimate complaint I see is how slow you are until getting dash. But that shouldn't last much more than a couple hours until you get to Hornet.

>I do suck at navigating. But that's what maps are fucking for but the maps sucks balls
Well then get good at navigating. You do realise you're playing an exploration platformer, right?

>Suck at navigation
>Buy map
>Map fucking sucks donkey dick and barely helps.

>Hollow Knight is clearly too High IQ for you

Memorization doesn't mean that you're smart, only that you make effort into your brain enough to remember things.

Attached: hornet.jpg (968x1200, 58K)

>Suck at navigation
>Get good at navigation
>Stop blaming the game
Wooooow how could I have possibly known that I could improve my skills at something in a GAME, haha this mechanic is bugged

The worst part about either Nosk is the orange spray, which isn't that hard to dodge with proper positioning. I beat Markoth with Grubberfly's Elegy and a lot of luck. Learn how to evade AR's basic attacks, then you'll have to be the RNG's bitch until you succeed.

Attached: 15384716461741.jpg (1920x1080, 270K)

It’s cat hair :3

I hated the gameplay but loved the world

See this is the problem with saying the map design is garbage. The map works fine the ways its supposed to be used as, which is supplemental to your own skills. You want the map to act as your primary method of navigation, which isn't what its purpose is.

no, I have 8 masks and one extra soul holder
where can I find quick slash? also cool pic
yeah, it's basically just me losing the battle of attrition because there aren't many opportunities, at least obvious ones, to heal. That's why I was running hiveblood

Lads I've been on the fifth pantheon for probably 2 or 3 weeks at this point. I can beat absolute radiance every other time in practice mode. I can get to him every time. Its within my grasp. I cannot be stopped

Attached: 1556500114798.png (521x195, 41K)

Yes. I'm trying to enjoy it, user, I really am but I hate it

Gonna be honest, you sound really fucking bad and clueless about actually exploring.

The map isn't there to replace your ability to discover an area, it's there to supplement it. Your inability to do that is a personal failure, not a failure of the game.

>Shills defending the game this desperately

The game has problems

The game isn't perfect

Map sucks.

FACTS.

You're right, but why not just put in the effort?
>I don't want to work I want a game
Games are about working for a reward through increasing your own skills and triumphing over challenges using those skills.
Doing the same work over and over without any challenge or novelty is boring, but navigating new areas with new movement options is the complete opposite of sameness. Most of the rooms in the game also have enough movement complexity that it isn't simple, either.
If you don't enjoy getting good, watch a movie instead. I hear the Playstation 4 is selling well.

>No direction: there's enormous confusion as where to go next
I've found there's usually a few places you can go at a time.

>you have the same health as you did at the start of the game
Explore more, find health upgrades and the blacksmith. There's an NPC telling you to not attempt Mantis Lords until you upgrade your nail.

>Lack of saves
This isn't even worth addressing.

It seems you're just missing the basics of this game. After ten fucking hours you haven't upgraded your health, soul or nail.

This game gave me more trouble than I wanted and for that I don't particularly like the prospect of playing it again.

But fuck you, it was still a great game. Shit taste, OP.

The map is fine though.

>The game has problems
True.
>The game isn't perfect
True.
>Map sucks.
True but irrelevant.
>FACTS.
Misleading.
Your complaint isn't "Map sucks", but "Map sucks and I can't cope because my own mental mapping also sucks". That's on you, not on the game.

I haven’t come across any health upgrades. I got to fungal but couldn’t get to the map guy. Tried to get to city of tears but need double jump, don’t care to try to figure out anymore. Just not having fun.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.47M)

Confusing level design ruins the games potential.

What a shame.
Perfect controls, and challenging yet fair encounters.

Then I started backtracking around the same areas again and again. Whoever thought that designing the layout to be intentionally annoying should really rethink things. They ruined a perfect experience.

Do you really think anyone with self-respect will circle around the same area for hours?

I'm so sad at the wasted potential. It reminds me of FFXV. All the hours spent crafting a beautiful world, to be soured by bad level design.

There is nothing fun about getting lost in this game. It's just frustrating, and plenty of people are going to be turned off by it. If the levels were designed sequentially, the game would have probably became a classic.

I'm really saddened by it. I would have recommended this game to all my friends, but I don't want them to go through the same experience of not knowing where the hell to go, or what to do. It's so CHEAP. It artificially lengthens the game beyond its welcome. Sadly, I will not experience 80% of the content of this game, because I cannot be bothered searching for it.

>wah i need muh instant map and muh handholding
The best time I had in the entire game was wandering in to deepnest right after mantis lords with the basic nail and no lamp, falling down THAT pit, and saving before realising what I was doing.
That, my friends, turned in to an adventure.
Perhaps you fags would be better served by Metroid Fusion.

Attached: a94.png (500x616, 137K)

I got it on sale on PSN for about $7 and I like metroidvania games so I wanted to try to give it a go and I'm not really feeling it the game is not bad I like the atmosphere but the maps feel like they purposely want you to backtrack a lot

Why isn't the benches a teleportation device and why do I have to sit down at a save point to update my map that I already bought

>Tried to get to city of tears but need double jump
All you need is Mantis Claw and the cloak dude. I don't get it, if people struggle that much with all the maps why not just equip the compass.

>i have no sense of direction, no memory, and no observation skill and it's all Team Cherry's fault.
It's just not for you, buddy.

The compass sucks. Doesn't update until you reach a bench.

>Eight hours.
>Three areas discovered.

I really hope you're just fucking with everyone at this point.

>After ten fucking hours you haven't upgraded your health, soul or nail.
... how?
You should be hitting City of Tears within 8 hours of dicking around and that's with maximum dicking around.
It's conceivable that you haven't upgraded your health - maybe you didn't realise you could do the Goam alley pogo, you didn't notice the entrance to Mawlek's room, you never found Queen's Station, you didn't check to the left of Dashmaster for Bretta's shard, and between Sly and the Grubfather you only get 3.
But you should have found Nailsmith by then.

>but the maps feel like they purposely want you to backtrack a lot
it's like you've never played a metroidvania before

Attached: HollowKnight.png (504x504, 75K)

I have compass, it’s just finding upgrades to proceed. Didn’t find journal until 6 hours in because I had missed that room despite appearing marked as visited on map. Game isn’t for everyone. I’m just going back to octopath

>Confusing level design
What exactly is confusing about it?

>Why isn't the benches a teleportation device

Why isn't the nails a bazooka

Attached: 1550318113716.jpg (550x367, 38K)

I feel like a lot of the people talking about buyer's remorse over this game didn't make it to City of Tears. The early game is pretty slow.

I just finished playing Momodora RutM- it felt kind of like Hollow Knight if Hollow Knight never picked up.

Attached: 1556562845703.jpg (1024x331, 67K)

Op here, literally dunno anything about those things

>End up going straight from Hallownest
>To Greenpath
>To Mantis Lords
>To the unspeakable depths of the Deepnest

Attached: Hollow_Knight_Mantis_Lords.jpg (500x428, 59K)

Explore more

>Get lost
LMAO

Just explore. I'm on my first run of the game same as you, just hit ten hours and already have two health upgrades and a soul upgrade and cracked one of the seals. I really do not get what people struggle about, I've never played a Metroidvania before either.

imagine getting upset that the map doesn't update until you sit down and add the new bits to the map.

Attached: hollowknight5.png (404x406, 68K)

>he never fell into deepnest without the lantern and on the opposite side to map dude

>Doing the same work over and over without any challenge or novelty is boring
>but navigating new areas with new movement options is the complete opposite of sameness

You wouldn't be able to find a better advocate for this than me, but then, in case memorization fails you or you haven't been through the trouble of mapping, you are somewhat being submitted to doing the same work over and over any time you backtrack or move to the same area to explore it or take the time to map. Attacking the same enemies, following the same footsteps you've already taken, over and over. It's okay to provide a sense of freedom and if you will, give the player a bit of sense of being lost, but when it's overdone, it's extremely easy for a player to put the game aside and simply admit they've grown tired of trying to make sense of where even to go without even the slightest of hints.

>Confusing level design
The game isn't a maze. It does well at funneling you to specific hubs on the map, and each hub usually only has 3-4 paths coming out of it. That is not confusing at all.
There ARE games with confusing level design, but Hollow Knight is not one of them.
Xroads is a straight line with optional sidepaths and the sidepaths don't overlap.
Greenpath is a straight line with an optional branch down to Queen's station until you get Dash. Once you get Dash, the path to Baldur's opens up and it's a line, and there are 3 backtracking paths that all converge.
Fungal wastes? Two main paths. Two. They have an overlap a little ways outside of Queen's Station if you hit a switch.
Once you get Mantis Claw, your options open up: A few new sidepaths, and the linear funnels of Early Deepnest, City of Tears, and the opening half of Crystal Peak.
The game's map is big but no area has much complexity, and you can easily take it one piece at a time.

The level design is not confusing.
You're confused because you're bad at navigating.
Get good.

I love Metroid Fusion.

HK is better though.

Attached: 794588_darearms_samus-finds-the-knight.jpg (2000x1500, 206K)

No, the compass tells you exactly where you are at all times, even in unmapped rooms. I'm guessing you never equipped it.

>tons of people compain about the map

>Shills in full force defending the map design.

I knew this these hollow knight threads were suspicious around the time the game and dlcs were launched. The devs lurk here and do not like the criticism lmao

Attached: 1356822140754.gif (333x194, 1.78M)

I’ve been exploring so much.
Been backtracking a lot, from greenpath to dirt mouth, to fungal wastes, trying to get as far as I can before I hit a wall due to an upgrade I’m missing. Still no health or anything. The last thing I found was leg-eater then tried to go to mantis claw and got shit wrecked

i'm not sure the map needs defending, given that it's completely fine.

Are you that one guy who complains about the map in every HK thread? Literally no one else has a problem with it.

The only part that isn't fun is the white palace, and I guarantee you didn't get anywhere close to it.

>Artificially lengthening the game time

There it is. That's what I think the problem is with the game. It's so blatantly designed around making you lost so you waste more time playing the game. What a fucking horrible design choice. Only neet faggots would defend this.

>I’ve been exploring so much
No, you haven't. Otherwise you'd at least have found some weapon or health upgrades.

>Then I started backtracking around the same areas again and again.
You should not be doing this. This means you are bad exploring efficiently. Think about where you want to go and follow the straight line path to whichever branching hub it leads to.
>Do you really think anyone with self-respect will circle around the same area for hours?
No, of course not. Anyone with self-respect would have already gone straight through the area on the first or second try.
>There is nothing fun about getting lost in this game.
How the fuck are you getting lost in Hollow Knight. Do you not even -try- to remember where things are in relation to each-other?
>If the levels were designed sequentially, the game would have probably became a classic.
THEY ARE, YOU DUMBSHIT. You're literally too dense to follow the plotted line.
>but I don't want them to go through the same experience of not knowing where the hell to go, or what to do.
I guarantee you that your friends won't get lost anywhere near as much as you do because you are the bottom 5% in terms of navigating.

>post something stupid
>people explain why you're wrong
>"lmao nice shillery, shills"
Thank god I wasn't born this retarded.

Attached: garbage.png (655x501, 79K)

This faggot here? He's the reason Navi was a thing.

Attached: ec1ec0142ad96d0a761fbe9e4cb1aa20--funny-games-navi.jpg (474x337, 43K)

>It's so blatantly designed around making you lost
It's designed as hard as possible to funnel you into new areas with new equipment. It requires some real fucking skill to get lost in Hollow Knight.
>What a fucking horrible design choice.
Good thing they didn't make that choice then.

>One side complains while another finds it fine
>the two debate about the points of contention
>HURDUR SHILLS
Has it ever occurred to you that critiscim in it of itself is not infallible and is also subject to criticism?

>without even the slightest of hints.
Just admit you need a Skyrim marker to tell you where to go at all times.

Attached: 1441577170263.jpg (200x200, 8K)

Get the Mantis Claw from the Mantis Village then just stick to exploring Fungal Wastes for now. Get into City of Tears.

epic bait user

Not even the water temple was as tedious as navigating the map in hollow knight.

>then tried to go to mantis claw and got shit wrecked
And there it is. Always comes down to a basic inability to git gud. Also: Stop using a guide you fuck, no wonder you're not having fun.

I wish I had, but nothing. Even looked at a map online to see what I’ve missed in the areas I explored. Only hunters journal so far

>fight the Soul Master for the first time
>constantly disappointed by other bosses because they don't do anything cool like get a second wind

The maps were my favorite part of the game because it was exciting to discover new areas every time you saw branch. It would always be in the back of my head when I would have enough upgrades to reach a new area. Personally, I think having a full map walkthrough would ruin the experience.

>"hey dude you want to buy a map?"
>"k here you go, btw it's not finished"
>"if you want to finish it you have to buy a quill from me"
>"oh you want to mark locations on the map? that costs extra"
>"no you're not allowed to make your own notes you need to buy my special pins"
>"now buy more special pins so you can keep track of different things"
>"hey dude buy my map for this new area now"
>"yeah it's incomplete, just buy it anyway"
>"no you're not allowed to use your quill to make a new map on your own"
>"you're only allowed to use your quill to make the parts of the map that I decided not to make"
people will defend this

>Even looked at a map online to see what I’ve missed in the areas I explored
You sicken me

This

No lewding.

>but the maps feel like they purposely want you to backtrack a lot
Only if you're inefficient and have poor memory and have to retry absolutely everything the instant you get a new ability, rather than just going straight to what new stuff opened up.
Even if they were, you'd just bitch about having to "teleport to every bench you've sat at and check everywhere".
>why do I have to sit down at a save point to update my map that I already bought
It's a general guideline of where you should be going next, not a crutch to use in substitute of your own navigation skills.

>The early game is pretty slow.
FINALLY AN ACTUAL FUCKIN COMPLAINT WITH THE GAME and not just a complaint that the player is shit at pathfinding and it's the game's fault somehow.
Yeah, early game movement is slow. Not gonna lie. Healing is slow too, and you'll be doing a decent amount of it as you bumble into each new area, have no idea where anything is or what anything does, and get hit by about half the things you find.

Yeah Ori was better.

Use your own pen and paper if you're so bad you don't have enough geo to buy the unnecessary map upgrades.

Alright I’ll go back and try to get the claw and see what opens up
I’m trying, I’ll keep attempting. Nothing else to do while being forced to rest at home

It's a money sink considering early on you're given loads of geo without any vendors to spend it on. It's decent game design in all honesty

It's Conifers job and he's the only one doing it. If you hate his business practices so much maybe you should make your own maps.

>Play for like an hour.
>Get plenty of geo for the map and a good enough batch of icons.
>Never worry about the beginning hour when you didn't have a map again.

Seriously it's such a bitch-ass thing to whine about. It's like shitting on Melee for a decade straight because it took you an hour on the first day of playing to unlock whoever the fuck.

I like the art but the animations and combat flow completely miss the mark for me

Honestly considering doing this and specific maps online you are using?.I'm getting sick of being lost.
>Now on hour 5
>Only have dash and charge shot
>Only have killed one boss
>found 4 different areas
>Each of them require different powerups
>Map absolutely shit tier

do get frustrated with the mantises they can be hardasses tho
dash away when they attack and dash in to strike
dont be greedy

>Use your own pen and paper
So why does the game include a map at all?

Why make the player run back to the beginning to get the upgrades, and run back and forth if they don't have enough geo to buy them all in one go?

>why does the game include a map at all?
Because the vast majority of players are good enough to buy and use all the map stuff without it being a noticeable hit to their geo.

Would love to, why am I not allowed that option?

>Never worry about the beginning hour when you didn't have a map again.
Except for every time you enter a new area and you don't have a map because fuck you gotta find the fat jew first.

Melee gives you characters that are fun to play as and it is fun to play them while working to unlock new characters. It gives the player a sense of progression. The map garbage just wastes the player's time with inane bullshit. It's not fun, and it doesn't give a sense of accomplishment unless you are retarded.

Not enough spells and combat upgrades. One weapon only that can only swing once is a bag of dicks. The nail arts and spells are cool but there should be a lot more of those. Exploration can be fun and the atmosphere is nice though.

You accumulate geo very quickly unless you're brainlet that never got out of the crossroads. Buying all of that shouldn't be an issue especially the quill because it's a one time purchase. The whole point of the map not being complete is to encourage you to explore more instead of handing everything to you like a babby

>it's extremely easy for a player to put the game aside and simply admit they've grown tired of trying to make sense of where even to go without even the slightest of hints.
Talk to Elderbug.

There are many things you can criticise about the game, but if you're criticising how "Map doesn't help me navigate", you're really only criticising your own poor navigation skills.

The amount of geo isn't the problem. The problem is that it does nothing except waste the player's time in an effort to make the game look hardcore.

>Except for every time you enter a new area and you don't have a map because fuck you gotta find the fat jew first.
Thank God I'm smart enough to navigate a new area without a map telling me exactly where I have and haven't been.

>Would love to, why am I not allowed that option?
Disregarding how I agree that an in-game function of making your own map would be fucking cool and be an amazing addition to the game, there is nothing preventing you from doing it in real life.

I didn't find the maps a deal breaker but It was kind of annoying and didn't add anything to the experience.
It's a fine game but I don't think it's the best thing since Super Metroid as a lot of people seem to pretend it is.
I didn't really like the combat and I felt like the upgrades weren't interesting enough.

>Retard too retarded to recollect basic navigation paths calling people retarded.

I just can't understand how people are struggling to maneuver through a 2D, grid-based environment like they got drugged and dumped in the middle of the Amazon.

I literally ragequitted a minute ago
10/10 will play again when the mad goes away

Is it normal to want to fuck the radiance?

>The whole point of the map not being complete is to encourage you to explore more instead of handing everything to you like a babby
Then why not just give the player a map that they update over time?

Then why bother having an in-game map at all?

Then why bother having an in-game map at all?

>but It was kind of annoying and didn't add anything to the experience.
i'm not sure a map is meant to do anything else other than be a map.

>bait-ridden thread
>hollow cucks everywhere
good ol’ hollow knight thread

This. I didn't mind the maps, but having only the nail upgrades and only a few magic spells gets kinda boring.

>Then why bother having an in-game map at all?
To help supplement your navigation skills if you need the extra guidance. Like it's already been pointed out, to this end it works very well.

Is this a serious question or just bait?

THis is what I use
steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/967599421465067988/8CE9657B63A06C6C7CCB15C4BF0C6EEFEFB0F131/
thanks they were giving me a lot of trouble with their slash

>I have horrible memory please nerf

The only time I got angry at the map was I didn't find the hidden Colosseum because I forgot there was a breakable wall that I didn't hit. I wish there was a teleportation area like in every other fucking game instead of having the ability to place only one in an area.

For instance, the guy that said post-Shade Cloak has backtrackan out the ass?
He's goddamn right.
The guy that said early game is slow?
He's goddamn right too.
The guy who said doing Deepnest before City of Tears can rek you?
He's also goddamn right.
The person saying that the map system is inconvenient?
ALSO correct. But people don't just bitch about the map system being a poor crutch, they bitch about needing a crutch at all and that's on them.
You know what else sucks flying donkey balls?
The runback to Nailsmith once you've got 1, 3, or 6 pale ore.
The runback from Monomon and Lurien if you don't use dreamgate.
Soul Master. He's piss easy.
Soul Tyrant. He's piss easy too.
Those fucking wall crawling pink things in Crystal Peak that are nail immune.
How long it takes to dump all your shit on Lemm.
Filling the Journal with Leaping Husks.
You can't smack White Lady on the ass to make her giggle.

There are many things bad about Hollow Knight.

>"no you're not allowed to make your own notes you need to buy my special pins"
Yo dude here's a top tier lifehack:
Computers can be used to edit images and text documents. If you can be near a computer while you play Hollow Knight, you can totally PWN FACE by using it to write your own notes!

>So why does the game include a map at all?
Purely to give people something to bitch about, it seems.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>being able to go to a later game area early on is bad
What the fuck
Stopped reading there

>You can literally go into new areas and not even realize that you're not supposed to be there until hitting all the dead ends.

This is what I loved of the game. I got to city of tears from below without even noticing that it wasn't meant like that until my brother pointed it out for me. You may be saying it's different to other metroidvanias as a bad thing but to me it was a pleasant surprise.

Attached: 1541561127802.gif (326x250, 626K)

It has a point of no return which can trap you. If you opt to explore onward and downward, you'll drop into the hot spring.
Once you're at the hot spring, you've got a lot out tough enemies around you. Weaversong room with un-upgraded nail is quite tough.

>I got to city of tears from below
Hol up nigga don't tell me you went from Fungal to Deepnest then got the Tramp Ass and came in through the back way over the big long garpede pit with the annoying as fuck lance-throwers that you have to fight in mid air over tiny platforms.
Did you do that.
You a badass nigga but you a dumbass nigga.

Don't know what people cry aboit, game is fun, a little harder than metroid and gives me a fun challenge, I love it.

Pray for Hornet not getting the lesbian pill in the upcoming game.

Attached: IMG_20190505_015011.jpg (1024x904, 67K)

Why do you keep samefagging complaining about the map? There's a compass charm you can equip for like 1 notch that fixes this problem for you completely.

horny for hornet

You sound like my brother. But my point is that I never got stuck through all that and it was fun and exciting
But yeah I missed the easier way, I'm dumb

Attached: 1539003933184.jpg (368x410, 27K)

It deepens the sense of exploration and treading into unkown depths of the world, it's one of my favourite small features in the game.

Hey look, most of the complaints in this thread are just this one samefag with his shitty redditspacing!

Game doesn't do anything interesting besides have good art and be about bugs. Charms and their combos never fundamentally change your approach to anything, combat is eh, exploration is tedious, and the upgrades are by-the-book metroidvania standards that play it very safe. Game just has no hook besides the art.

That's what I love myself about a good metroidvania

What metroidvanias do you consider better than this if you are incapable of deciding your next objective based on environmental/level design cues, and incapable of basic spatial tracking via memory?
It seems like the entire genre is just incompatible with you as a person.

Ooof
You can get a full health upgrade (4+ mask shard) just in forgotten crossroads at the very beginning of the game.

Contributing my reply to the troll thread

I wanna fuck the girl bugs. And save the ones that die. And then some more fuck.

>the maps feel like they purposely want you to backtrack a lot
metroidvania
metroidvania
>why do I have to sit down at a save point to update my map that I already bought
exploration (read: metroidvania)

Before some drooling retard makes the assinine remark that just because they're genre staples doesn't mean they should be in everything, you're right, but they should be in because they're core to the appeal of the genre.

The early game movement being slow only bothered me on repeat playthroughs, but thankfully there's enough extra goodies you can challenge yourself to pick up, or cool ways to speed toward the cloak and mantis claws, that it never bothers me too much even then.

Sekiro has some shit like this too.

>mfw all the way down in Mibu Village in early-game having no idea what's going on because I got lost

Attached: 1555843744653.jpg (800x1073, 446K)

Please tell me this is bait. Mibu village is literally a straight line leading to the boss fight

Attached: EmojiGun3.jpg (750x725, 90K)

Fuck you fags, HK was my game of the year but Metroid Fusion is great for exploration. It's more linear than other metroid games, but still heavily focuses on exploration. Most of the time you get a new objective marker on your map, try to take the direct path toward it, and hit a roadblock and have to explore your way to viable path through the station (often in pseudo-unintentional ways, like through crumbling walls and breakable blocks, etc).
As a kid playing that game I remember countless points I was roadblocked because I had no idea how to progress.

>2 hours on fucking Mantis Lords

Jesus Christ user, you're in for a fucking ride when you finally finish the tutorial.

Attached: 1535304956869.jpg (1280x1024, 114K)

Where?

Your reading comprehension needs work.

>Even looked at a map online
You're disgusting. And assuming you're the guy saying you're trying to get to mantis claws, you can easily have a mask upgrade by that time, and charms to increase your damage. You're missing a lot.

Which is fine, but it says a lot that even when you're looking at a fully notated map (that you claim the game should give you), you're still incapable of traversing the map and getting everything you can on the way.

Glad you like it.
First playthrough, or was it a ragequit during the godmaster DLC content?

I beat the lost kin guy west of the white armor barrier corpse. I only have a single nail upgrade, one extra mask, and a load of charms and items.
Am I supposed to have more health and mana by now? I have pale ore but I forgot where the nailsmith guy is.

And none of those things are inherently bad.
When phrased as criticisms there are a lot of things to be argued about. Nobody is claiming that those factual statements are wrong, such as the map not being instantly handed to you. People are arguing the merit or significance of those aspects.

Although it's dark and scary, it's not like backtracking out of the nest from the hotspring is particularly challenging as far as combat is concerned. You're in small corridors so everything just powerwalks toward you. Mash the attack but and they literally can't hit you.
You can also just not sit at the bench if you fall down the hole and don't want to commit to dealing with this hellhole.

Deepnest in great because of the atmosphere it creates, and being in a dark, enclosed, entrapping subterranean labyrinth is very much key to the point. Having to fight through to get the subway pass before being able to reasonably enter and leave the area are your leisure is awesome. Truly feels the untamed wilderness at the edge of the kingdom, filled with nothing but hostility.

>has played 2 metroidvanias

I'm not good at this game, every boss attempt takes me too many tries. I've battled against the final boss (The Hollow Knight) dozens of times with different charms and 8 health with no luck beyond getting to the third phase. I think my controller just sucks (Logitech F310) but I seem to run into them all the time.

Attached: 1493757094654.jpg (583x573, 32K)

Why did nobody buy La-Mulana 2? the first game has literally 10 times as many owners.

How far do you think I'm going to get before dying lads

Attached: ss.jpg (1920x1080, 273K)

Show me more pictures of the bug with titties

Pogo up to the Goam Alley for the shard there. Bottom middle of xroads, directly below failed knight I think?
Rescue 5 grubs and get a shard from the Grubfather
Pogo off the spikes you found in the room below the Greenpath entrance, fight Brooding Mawlek for a shard.
Sly sells 2 shards

Just curious is the dlc integrated into the game or is it a thing that I access only when I beat the main game

Try using Mouse + Keyboard instead. Works well for me.

Integrated, you can do Grimm Troupe and Godhome before completing the game, but in Godhome some bosses will still be locked until you fight them in the real world.

God forbid you ever figure out how to pogo. If you were talking about the Radiance, I'd sympathize.

This depends if you opt to S&Q when when your health is low.
If you do, then you're not likely to die at all.
If you don't, then:
Trial of the Fool and The Radiance can both kick your ass.
Traitor Lord and Watcher Knights can be tough if you don't understand their patterns.
Anything can potentially kill you if your ass gets careless. Even fucking Soul Master can, in theory, hypothetically, kill you.

One from Brooding Mawlek, you can pogo-jump to him without any movement upgrades
One from Sly for 150g
One from sly for 500g
One from grandpa grub for returning five of his children/dinner
-first grub in bottom-left of crossroads, past acid pits
-second grub in top-right behind giant enforcer bug
-third grub a little above stag station, behind breakable wall
-fourth grub to the right of that (requires rounabout path to reach though), needs to be pogo-jumped to reach
-fifth grub is in the middle of the zone, and requires quite tricky manipulation of a little fly enemy so that you can pogo off of it to reach the grub. This is probably the trickiest early-game trick you can use in the crossroads.
One from below the hotsprings room, you need to lure a flying enemy past a few of the spiky worm obstacles, and then pogo up into a small maze of the worms. The mask is at the end of the tunnel
That makes five shards, and thus one health upgrade with 1/4th of the next upgrade awaiting you.

Yeah didn’t see the items on my run through.

Hidden Dreams integrated fully but not much content.
Lifeblood Integrated fully.
Grimm Troupe integrated, but unlocking it requires finding a hidden room in Howling Cliffs and smacking it with the Dream Nail. If you don't know what "Howling Cliffs" or "Dream Nail" are, you'll find out through regular gameplay.
Godmaster is integrated in a sense - it's postgame content that you access by visiting a specific spot in the world rather than from a menu.

there was literally no marketing for it and it released while everyone was still playing crash.

You don't need Sharp Shadow and Hiveblood, personally i would take out Mark of Pride too, but it isn't bad. What you need is power for the last trial, you need to kill things quickly and efficiently

Will I run across those dlcs normally or are all of them obscure to find and missable?

Fun fact: There's a dream tree and two 15geo chunks in a room in the first snail mound, where you get vengeful spirit. You need doublejump to get all the dream bulbs, but if you just want the 30geo you can pogo off a fly to reach it.
Xroads might as well be renamed Stupid Pogo Tricks Act 1.

>hiveblood
That shit's only useful in platforming bits.

If you don't have foreknowledge of Grimm Troupe's location, it's a Secret in a Secret and not that easy to find.
Hidden Dreams - part of it is relatively easily missable since you have to go back to an area you've already cleared with no indication that the area holds anything new.
The other part is in the first main town of the game and you should find it if you explore that first main town after you've completed Deepnest and Colosseum.
Lifeblood is all over the bloody place. You may miss parts of it but you'll find most of it.
Godmaster, finding it is a secret past some pretty tough enemies. It's very likely you'll miss it.

Also people that bought La Mulana 1 and ahted it for being what it is instead of another copy-paste metroidvania game. They will never touch another La Mulana game ever.

I'm pretty sure they are all missable.
Lifeblood just rebalanced some charms and added one boss that is optionaly but you're very likely to find playing regularly.
Hidden Dreams adds a reward given to you by a story-important boss, and adds 2 super-hard fights that are essentially post-game encounters. I think the reward (a limited teleport system) is necessary on the way to the True End of the game, but otherwise missable.
Grimm troupe is fairly easy to miss the "trigger" for (just comb Howling Cliffs with the dream nail), but once the questline starts it's very straightforward.
Godmaster is very missable but it's postgame super-challenge bullshit stuff so you should just look up how to access it at that point.

Kill the flying ones first.
Leave one Mantis Traitor alive at the end if you want to heal - it can't cross the room as fast as you can so you can get some heals off.

The part that's REALLY gonna kick your ass is the part where the floor is spikes so you gotta walljump and pogo.

Godmaster is not fun

>story-important boss
story-important NPC*

That's fine, it is by no means designed to appeal to everyone, or even most people. I like that it exists even if I will never beat most of it.

I loved La Mulana, but that game nearly made me tear my hair out sometimes, because I refused to use a guide. I think I lost a year of my life to the stress it put in me. Even though I loved the game, I do not have the strength to play a sequel.

You can miss a boss fight if you let Zote die, but aside from that nothing else is missable, if you pay attention to the environment you won't have a problem finding the DLC content, it isn't super hidden, but it is also not retardedly easy to find

Is there a point of no return. Or can I go back to those places after beating the game.

>There are only so many at-the-moment dead ends you can go to before you hit the spot you need to go
the trophy generation doesnt put effort in anything they do, thats why.
if the game doesnt tell directly where to go or what to do, they feel lost and drop the game immediately without even trying.
Thanks Skyrim and Assassin's Creed for this shitfest.

Hollow Knight is about as good as it gets when it comes to hitting the goldilocks zone of not holding your hand but not hanging you out to dry for what to do next. Metroidvania may not be your speed, and honestly when it comes to this genre that's fine.

>Knowing what items you are going to get
>Looking specifically for them instead of just exploring and figuring shit out for yourself
Why are you even playing a metroidvania

>What metroidvanias do you consider better than this if you are incapable of deciding your next objective based on environmental/level design cues, and incapable of basic spatial tracking via memory?
Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission.

>getting lost in a map with only 7 zones, mostly only leading into 1 or 2 at a time

You are worse than a literal rat at navigation. How does that feel?

I'm the same user, and for me it was even worse, because im not a native english speaker and without a translation, some of the cryptic hints were basically impossible to understand for me
I altready have a job, i dont wanto to do another one just to complete La Mulana 2.

The sequel isn't even close to being as bullshit or cryptic as the first one interms of beating it without a guide. I played it when it was just released and managed to beat it without using a guide. compared to in the first game I found myself needing a guide so many times.
There is still an optional puzzle that's a lot of cryptic bullshit tho

Nope, no point of no return, you're fine.

There are only two things that are remotely like that.
One is the "option" of saving Zote in greenpath. Protip: don't walk past him at the top of greenpath. You miss out on his story line, another character's complete storyline, and one of the "superbosses" in the Hidden Dreams content.
The second relates to the end of the Grimme Troupe DLC. After you've beat the "final boss" you have the option of returning to howling cliffs and banishing the troupe, this permanently replaces the charm they gave you with a different one, and means you can permanently miss the hidden challenge boss attached to the DLC. This is a very concious decision you have to make though, and isn't something you'll accidently stumble into. I still haven't done it just because I like having the original charm better than the replacement charm.

Everything else can be returned to.

Dreamgate will be on obtained on the way to a skill you need if you want to do CAPTAIN SAWBLADE'S MANSION OF FUCK YOU
Dreamgate is really fucking powerful too, and well worth getting.

>Is there a point of no return.
There -is-, if you're very dedicated to being an absolute chucklefuck and insist on sitting at a bench once you've sequence broken your way well up shit creek after deliberately skipping paddle.
If you're playing Death is permanent mode, there is also a point of no return if you die.
Also, once you dream nail the shiny thing at the very bottom you can no longer get the 1st ending.
Beating the final boss does not destroy your save file and does not prevent you from going back and completing other stuff, so if you want the 1st ending just do him before you start unlocking the "just fuck my shit up senpai" late game stuff.

oof

I think the game is ridiculously overrated, but pretty competent and definitely admirable for its amount of content and overall craft/presentation.

It's not close to the best platformers I've played and the combat is stiff. I'm looking forward to the sequel, which looks much more fluid and interesting.

The funny part about this is you dont need a map. Literally just memorize your shit and get your face out of a piece of paper lmao. You remind me of someone who would fucking pull a map out in the wilderness.

I enjoyed Metroid and enjoyed Castlevania games

The discovery stage and exploration were top notch but once you've gone through it all once or twice the flaws in the gameplay just make it really fucking boring

Well duh. That's a game mechanic.

>Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission.

Attached: hh.jpg (938x535, 21K)

The flawlessness of the gameplay has kept me engaged for about 5 100% playthroughs so far, personally

Attached: 1492983448890.png (571x509, 263K)

I was going to buy the compass but had fun figuing out where i was based on map geometry. Also i liked how they make you play with the base guy for a a while.
Still the base map should autopdate with the rooms you already saw before buying it.

Kill yourself. No for real. Playing on steel soul mode made me remember every item, every step of this stupid game. You dont even NEED TO TALK TO FUCKING CORNIFFER YOU FART SNIFFER. he updates his store based on how far you've gotten. This game is almost a fucking iq filter, you get these retards who never were taught spacial awareness and now can't function outside of SOCIETY. GOD I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU

for example. If you decide you're just too fuckin leet for this planet, you can skip wall jump, do a very precise triple pogo off your own corpse to reach Blue Lake, follow a path all the way to the bottom of the map, and sit at a bench there.
Congrats! you have just softlocked yourself.

You're also forced to pick between killing a NPC who has helped upgrade your items and letting him live. A different achievement is given for killing him vs. letting him live.
Note: It IS possible to kill him by accident by trying to dreamgate away after you've talked to him but fatfingering your controls and hitting X instead of D. Don't do this, you will feel sad.

Sweety, it goes up to 112%.

>he didn't beat the pantheon of hallownest
Yikes and you call yourself a gamer?

Attached: 1502967541017.jpg (255x292, 28K)

What do you mean flawlessness.
Every fucking boss uses the exact same mechanics (that are pretty bad), it gets really boring. The only exception to the rule is Grimm and he has his own giant glaring problems.

I know, most those were done before any DLC was out.
I definitely did at least one before godmaster for whatever the % was at that point, but haven't "completed" a full run after godmaster but I was satisfied with just ramming my head into the fourth trial over and over again.

Yikes looks like someone is bad at videogames!

Fourth is the one with pure vessel, don't you mean Fifth?

>Every fucking boss uses the exact same mechanics
This should be good...

>The only exception to the rule is Grimm and he has his own giant glaring problems
Oh lawd. This should be better. Do go on...

Attached: Salubra.png (614x425, 305K)

I mean that it's flawless. You've mistakenly conflated ocomplexity with a carefully honed, perfected experience.

No, I mean fourth. I'll get back to it someday.

Attached: bad-at-video-games-5a3afba0ca0e5-design.jpg (1348x2048, 854K)

Those are definitely not bad games but they don't really get the core appeal of Metroidvania. Or at least what it was originally.

I need help. I'm on the part with those flying bugs that you have to hit while your falling to keep yourself above the pit of spikes but its super hard on keyboard. Do I just have to keep doing it over and over again or should I use a controller (Don't have one rn)

What I wan to know what about Grimm makes him more different than, say, Gorb, Galien, Lost Kin, or Dung Defender.

If you've made it that far playing with a keyboard, you should be able to finish it without needing a gamepad

Use the maxed grimmchild just for that section, you can focus on dodging around while it does most of the work

Go with the controller.
playing the hardest challenges with the keyboard in this game will be a nightmare, even more than they already are. Controller is a partial solution.

Wrong user.

Why would you use a controller for that part?
Being able to piano an upward attack, a double jump, and a dash left together is really fuckin good there and keyboard is much better for piano than controller.
The main problem of a controller is that it physically takes time for you to move your finger to a different button. On a keyboard you use a different finger.

It's trickier with kb+m but completely doable.

please pet the cat.

I don't understand how me calling the bosses boring means I'm bad at them but okay
Okay here you go
There are three bosses in Hollow knight :
- there's the one that teleports around and dashes at you from the front and from above you
- there's the one that just floats around with random projectiles spawning and homing towards you
- there's the one that is / has a ball that jumps around in a bell curve around the map
That's really about all there is. The only exceptions to these rules are inconsequential attacks like Nosk/Mawlek's overhead lava spit which really do nothing at all, or those big fly guys that just swoop down at you and you have to wait for them to do it again. I'm being generous in not counting these as actual bosses and you shouldn't either.
Grimm has a larger variety of attacks but his fight boils down to standing still and waiting to be allowed to take potshots at him until he vanishes again into more waiting. It's really boring.
I don't care about complexity as much as I complain about lack of variety. Hollow Knight has a very glaring problem in variety and it's extremely apparent if you play the bosses challenges.

Please do.

>playing the hardest challenges with the keyboard in this game will be a nightmare
I disagree, I vastly prefer keyboard because you can hit every single key you need to hit within a frame of each-other. Nothing requires an analog stick or a diagonal movement.

What advantage would a controller even have, anyway? Pressing up on a controller isn't any different than pressing up on your keyboard except for the latency time between that and also pressing down.

There's also False Knight and Brooding Mawlek so literally the first boss in the game proves you wrong but yeah go on.

Hollow knight 2 fucking when

Which part even is this?

False knight and brooding mawlek are literally normal enemies in a closed room.
If counting them as bosses is really all the variety Hollow Knight has to offer then I don't know what to tell you, I don't understand how you can not get you're proving my point.

Lets not forget the Watcher Knights either.

For Grimm you want to be at the top of a jump as he teleports in to do his attack.
If he's Imagining Dragons at you then you're likely to go under the first.
If he's summoning Flame Geysers or doing Floor Spikes then being airborne is no different.
If he's doing the uppercut, you can dash over to him and bonk him on the noggin instead of dashing into him.
You can also pogo him if he does the divekick.

He's not that different to Pure Vessel in that you can respond to what he does better out of a jump than can from the floor.

Watcher knights are the balls. That's all they fucking do.

>- there's the one that teleports around and dashes at you from the front and from above you
I can think of Collector applying to this? I guess Hornet does this but without the teleports, and those rapier-wielding miniboss guys do exactly this. Can't think of anyone else applying.
>- there's the one that just floats around with random projectiles spawning and homing towards you
You mean the one boss in Soul Sanctum, and his upgraded dream version? I guess you can stretch this to apply to a lot of the warrior memories if you remove the "random [...] spawning and homing towards you" part, leaving "with projectiles"
>- there's the one that is / has a ball that jumps around in a bell curve around the map
Literally just two bosses in the entire game like that, and one of them IS THE BALL, which is just cool. I guess Dung Defender has one attack to which this applies, though.

>literally
bzzzt wrong, pick up a dictionary

Trial of the Fool

Literally sometime this year.

If the Nintendo fiscal year thing was real, they are aiming to launch Silksong before March 31 2020.

You mean one of their 4 attacks?
Your arguments are made in bad faith with misleading phrasing. You are intellectually dishonest and a scoundrel.

They don't bell curve around the map and there are multiple of them you have to fight at once. But sure reduce things to the absolute minimum and they do start to seem the same I fucking guess.

Lol Master and Lol Tyrant but they aren't really bosses desu, they're more like trashmobs.

Absolutely seething. You're entitled to your awful opinion and objectively bad taste. You are NOT however entitled to shill your garbage indie trash on this board.

If you were to judge the game on its gameplay alone, it's a soulless mess of stolen mechanics and ideas. If you were to judge it purely on its aesthetics, no one would buy it.

>You are NOT however entitled to shill your garbage indie trash on this board.
Ey senpai check this shit out:
Battle For Wesnoth, Ori and the Blind Forest, Factorio, Spacechem, Baba Is You, Super Hexagon, UNDERTALE.

Attached: wesnoth.jpg (1140x641, 110K)

>I can think of Collector applying to this?
Okay how about :
- Broken Vessel and Lost Kin
- Mantis lords
- Traitor Lord
- Hornet
- Nosk
- Soul warrior
- Hive knight

>You mean the one boss in Soul Sanctum, and his upgraded dream version? I guess you can stretch this to apply to a lot of the warrior memories if you remove the "random [...] spawning and homing towards you" part, leaving "with projectiles"
- Every single fucking dream warrior besides the one that is a ball
- Every single ghost you have to kill for Grimm
- Lost Kin, which is a combo of the first type with random projectiles spawning at an increasingly high rate
- Flukemarm
- Soul Master to a lesser extent

>Literally just two bosses in the entire game like that
No
- Watcher Knights
- Dung defender
- Half of God
- Gruz Mother
- That one dream warrior

Perhaps you shouldn't play games that require you to do things you hate? That doesn't make the game bad or you stupid, it's just not a good fit.

>You mean the one boss in Soul Sanctum, and his upgraded dream version?

Attached: IT IS TIME.png (964x839, 261K)

>one of their 4 attacks
They have three attacks unless you count them fucking walking at you as an attack
2 of them are them curling into a ball, and one of them is a generic slash. Wow cool variety

>not following the Dragon

Attached: 501591815.jpg (900x900, 85K)

If Lol Tyrant did 2mask he might actually be threatening.
Lol Master is F R E E.

>instantly assblasted

>- Broken Vessel and Lost Kin
no
>- Mantis lords
yes
>- Traitor Lord
no
>- Hornet
no
>- Nosk
vaguely
>- Soul warrior
That's the miniboss I described, yes.
>- Hive knight
Yeah true, though he has other stuff as well.

>- Every single fucking dream warrior besides the one that is a ball
Have you actually read my post?
>- Every single ghost you have to kill for Grimm
Those are not bosses?
>- Lost Kin, which is a combo of the first type with random projectiles spawning at an increasingly high rate
If enemy adds count as projectiles, sure. You seem to be entirely missing the point of these boss mechanics and it's gotten to the point where I'm not confindent in assuming you're intentionally doing it to make inflamatory bad-faith arguments.
>- Flukemarm
ibid
- Soul Master to a lesser extent
Soul Master is literally the only example that I think you accurately described here. As I brought up in my post you didn't read.

- Watcher Knights
one attack
- Dung defender
ibid
- Half of God
No idea what you're referring to here.
- Gruz Mother
She charges you and bounces around the room, which is explicitly not what you're describing.
- That one dream warrior
The one I mentioned, yeah. And the other one you forgot. That I also mentioned.

Yeah you totally caught me and ari bro. Were shilling here for our massively successful game while working on the sequel for it. Just us two shilling on Yea Forums for hours a day.

ALl OF The boSsES Are THe SaME beCAUse YOu jUSt aVOiD thEIr ATTACKS on a 2d PlaNe anD dAmAge tHem UntIL tHeY DIE.

Attached: jpg.jpg (300x319, 14K)

Are you a bot, or just a 40IQ spic?

No but your mom is

I hate indie faggots so much. I wish there was some sort of civil war so I could hunt you down like squirrels.

Name one game with flawless gameplay.

This but with autism instead of irony

Hit it til it dies: World is Capcom's best selling game ever.

Attached: 1424414682004.jpg (745x629, 111K)

Achievement Idle Black.
Can't have a gameplay flaw if it doesn't have gameplay :^)

both are good and that is an adorable metroid picture.

Attached: metroid knight.png (726x754, 138K)

Good thing you finally admitted it. Fucking shills like you should be dragged on to the street and shot.

so what games do you like

>liking games
I don't like games, 'cause I'm not a TOTAL FAG like you.
What I do like though is beating tough challenges in games that other people whine and complain about, to prove that they're being SALTY SHITTERS. Not because I actually like games or anything. I just like proving other people's complaints wrong and rubbing their excuses in their big dumb FUCKIN CASUL faces.