What am I in for?

What am I in for?

Attached: The_Witcher_EU_box.jpg (1280x1719, 463K)

The most hardcore casual filter of all time. You are going to want a movement speed mod for chapters 2/3

A fun CRPG that'll hold your attention all the way through but is really starting to show it's age.
Fuck knife ears.

Absolutely awful combat.
But absolutely TOP TIER atmosphere

rhythm based combat
drowners somone post the image

Don't play it, read the books.

Then watch and read a summary of the first two games. Trust me, I'm trying to save you from pain and wasted time. Witcher 1 has boring combat that only becomes bearable in the last chapter out of 4 (?). It tells you absolutely nothing about the backstory of Geralt, his friends, or his adventures. In fact, the game spends most of it's time on tertiary characters from the book series. Even the second game doesn't introduce you to the 1st and 3rd most important characters in the series, Ciri and Yennifer respectively. And they're only barely hinted at in the first game.

100% completed W1, then gave up after beating the first chapter of W2 because I was just too tired of clunky old games to continue. I feel like I'm getting more frustrated with W3 then I should be just because of the bad taste leftover from the first one.

Again, read the books, neither the first, second, or even third game, so far, gives you a full view on Geralt's backstory. You'll understand Geralt's character, why Ciri is the most important in the story, and you'll get way more out of all the quotes that are gonna be referenced in the W3.

A rip-roaring wild ride, an action packed explosive game of good vibes and radical dudes.

nobody cares, Yea Forums.

One of the shittiest combat systems seen in RPGs to date, but also one of the best atmospheres in the genre. Suffer through the shit tutorial and the mediocre first chapter, and the game really opens up and gives you an unique fantasy experience.

get a steam controller for it

Well they're story games with RPG elements. You played a fully defined character with a full backstory.

What's the point of playing a game that you won't understand?

drowners™... gotta be

Attached: 92f8ab_5883129.jpg (1200x750, 393K)

>What's the point of playing a game that you won't understand?

Fun.

Cool, but playing a fun game when you understand the story means you have even more fun.

>Don't play it, read the books.
hi sapkowski

>What's the point of playing a game that you won't understand?
>Central theme of the game is Geralt's amnesia

Attached: 1477596086642.gif (300x300, 1.49M)

Nah Sapkowski doesn't want anyone to play any of the games especially not 3.

that's what i said you retarded cave dwelling ESL

Yeah and it's poorly explained even then. Why didn't Dandelion ask about Ciri or Yen during W1? You're telling me Geralt's best friend whose been with him for a decade give or take a few years, and he didn't ask him about his daughter or wife?

Then you get random bits and pieces from the book series, like Geralt remembering having a vampire as a friend and meeting a gold dragon.

The amnesia was a plot device that was poorly used and didn't introduce the audience to even 10 percent of the actual important takeaways from the book series.

A fun detective game with amazing world building and an excellent main character. That's about it.

???

I'm saying skip 1 and maybe 2, you should definitely play 3 though. It captures the books perfectly

>playing a fun game when you understand the story means you have even more fun
What sort of brainlet wouldn't get the basic gist of it by playing? The story of the game literally assumes you don't know anything about it prior to you playing it. Learning more and more as you go is one of this games' strengths, and nothing stops you from reading the books afterwards to learn even more.
Fuck off e/lit/ist

Actually just started it as well OP, at the first chapter. Does it matter how I build Geralt? Heard the game's easy so do whatever.

YOUR MOTHER SUCKS DWARF COCK

you get enough talents to level almost everything. Obviousy the melee skills are important.

Not really. Abusing some signs can completely trivialize the combat, but it’s not really worth it because it’s not too hard either way. In fact, the hardest fight in the game comes actually quite early, and you’re not exactly going to have that many skills chosen at that point.

The combat is not that bad. If you could handle KOTOR you can handle this. Just get the rhythm down, change your stance accordingly, and make sure to use potions/oils ahead of time.

I honestly prefer it to Witcher 2, 2 is basically just a really bad consolized action game without any of the charm.

A very enjoayble game despite its age. Just don't expect much from the combat.

If you ever get tired of the combat, remember that Igni is basically your "I win" button once you level it

a rhythm game style combat and bad UI, great atmosphere though

>e/lit/ist

Whoa, you're projecting, reading the book series doesn't make me better, I just understood the references and why characters acted certain ways.

It's like watching Endgame after only watching the Avenger movies, you'll miss out on the how and why of things.

fucking dumbass

LISTEN HERE MOTHERFUCKER!
The act 1 boss The Beast can not be beaten with certain setups so BE PREPARED.
It took me 200+ tries to beat him with the shit that I was trying to use.

Attached: 1474096206249.jpg (610x390, 129K)

Writing all this shit only to showcase your retardation. Wew.

what did you do wrong?

I'll say this, I'm probably the only one in this thread whose actually finished this game in the last couple of months.

It's fine if you liked it when you played it, but it's old as shit now and there's literally nothing in it that either the books or W2 or W3 does better.

I think it might have been some kind of group fighting build but the fucking thing can basically one shot you is all I remember.

Not him but I played it a couple years ago. The combat is perfectly serviceable. The swamps can be a drag, but if you actually prepare and do the right stances, you can get through every encounter pretty smoothly even on the highest difficulty. Unless you're the kind of faggot who thinks something like KOTOR is unplayable, it's fine.

T. english reader
The first game is the best one because regardless the combat it has the same unique slavic atmosphere and music as the books, which cant be said about W2 and W3

dated RPG with cool music, atmosphere and decent story/characters. combat is utter shit, but i guess it's still serviceable

i beat it this summer, can recommend

it won't leave you any energy to play W2 immediately afterwards tho

Yeah but then what else was I supposed to do? Learn Slavic? Fuck that. Besides it was always intended for people who grew up reading the Witcher series like people read Lord of the Rings.

Witcher 1 was solely meant for people who already knew Geralt and wanted more. I can bet there were even a bunch of fans who called it shameless fanfiction in the beginning.