What JRPG is Yea Forums currently playing?

What JRPG is Yea Forums currently playing?

Attached: Alisia.jpg (1920x1088, 447K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z7KdrYWfi4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=r9hn3NRGKrI
youtube.com/watch?v=fEFPmIRelDI
youtube.com/watch?v=ipNKfOEdDDM
youtube.com/watch?v=A9uiN6Cgp2g
youtube.com/watch?v=G-M_H4I7Jn0
artonelico.fandom.com/wiki/ARM_Backup/Settei_book_2_translation/Wave_Theory_section
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I desperately want to play an Atelier game on PC but they're so expensive.

none, they all became too generic and boring.

That sucks, user. If only there was a way to play games on PC for free...

Attached: 1556389789737.jpg (1683x964, 676K)

Which one should I start with anyways? The selection on Steam seems really random to me.

Why didnt you mention lewd

Trails of Cold Steel on the PS4.
Never got to play it on Vita and I've heard it's a real treat.
Playing on Nightmare and getting my shit slapped but the battle system makes it enjoyable.

I'm officially a neet now so I want to play some jrpgs, recommend me stuff that has strategic battles and decent writing. Cute girls optional but preferred.

persona 5 on ps4 because it was on sale in a store i was passing by. seems fun at the moment

Dragon's Dogma

Rorona

P5R my dad works at Atlus so I got it early.

SMT4 Apocalypse.
I like what they've done with the combat but I wish physical skills will take HP to use in the next installments like they used to.

Is FGO a JRPG? I'm currently finishing Babylonia so I can finally start the BB event. I hope the next events don't have these kinds of requirements, because this is just annoying.

Attached: 1553435925259.jpg (1302x1842, 187K)

Ys 8 and Trails of cold steel 2
ok say it with me folks
FUCK NISA

Attached: 5CE69452-D40D-4626-9A75-6214E11296BD.png (345x325, 164K)

Labryinth of Refrain on PC
Controller keeps disconnecting for some reason and it's annoying af

Attached: Labyrinth-of-Refrain-Coven-of-Dusk-screenshot-2.jpg (1920x1080, 390K)

Neptunia VII
The localization is still painfully godawful shit
I'll endure just because is the only Neptunia they put some effort in, but after this I'm quitting
And FUCK IFI >ex-nisas

Which Atelier game?

Any, really. I have never played one.

I'm playing Star Ocean 5. Currently farming postgame for mats to finish 100% item completion.
This game was mediocre but enjoyable and Relia is cute.

Attached: __relia_star_ocean_integrity_and_faithlessness_and_etc_drawn_by_yasuda_akira__7eae7bdea4bf1202956a7a (600x894, 358K)

Whats a good JRPG for story, I got Tales of Berseria, haven't played it though.

Attached: 1556775796548.png (545x552, 530K)

The Arland Trilogy is where you start. Rorona, then Totori, then Meruru. There's more if you liked the Atelier experience.

it must sound shameful but I actually like all the Star Ocean games except for the SS2 remake on the PSP

tales of vesperia

I love Chara!!!

Attached: 73249713_p0.jpg (675x1200, 311K)

Why not play the game you already bought, dummy.

Seconding Vesperia.
I've read that Lost Odyssey is one of the best JRPGs, especially because of the story. I still need to play it. Same with SMT series.

Repostan because ass mad literally tranny janny deleted my post. You will never be a woman janny tranny.
Facts :if we were to execute all anime posting weeb fucks trannies would also be eradicated.
Prove me wrong.
You cannot my cuckolds

Attached: 1554908161961.webm (288x360, 1.56M)

Finally started Coven on PC recently, and still finishing up the last dungeon in the English version of Etrian X.

Attached: 1554249767680.jpg (602x655, 122K)

>Same with SMT series.
Most SMT games are pretty light on the story.

based fucking russians

No, I think they are fun too! The reason I think this one is mediocre is because compared to 4 it's so short!

Torrenting Tales of Vesperia now. Symphonia is the best JRPG I've ever played, however I did a "boss run" skipping as many enemies as I could. Then I played Berseria which sucked, so now I'm going back to this game, which looks like Symphonia's successor. Very pretty game too, so looking forward to it.

I have literally just installed Tales of Berseria today

Thoughts on the game? I heard some good things about it.

Attached: berseria_1.jpg (1200x675, 121K)

weird how its an xbox exclusive, I thought not many people had xboxes in japan

first one in a long time i've genuinely liked, turn based combat sucks

Attached: ys-origin-multi-language-511413.3.jpg (1500x1500, 344K)

>a manlet who can actually fight
What the fuck

Characters and character interactions are good
Magilou steals the show and is best girl, and theres a cute shota thats actually badass, good MC too. I still prefer vesperia but it is a solid entry

Attached: 11424332-EE0A-4258-B6A9-D305CD5B3CE2.png (640x960, 343K)

>Symphonia is the best JRPG I've ever played

Holy fuck. You might actually have a heart attack if you play Vesperia then.

Hey Trannies and Jannies. Fuck you

Attached: sora.jpg (666x375, 24K)

Growlanser 4
Der Langrisser
Tactics Ogre LUCT
FFT

Attached: Growlanser.IV%3A.Wayfarer.of.Time.full.64506.jpg (532x800, 608K)

Microsoft bucks.

vesperia looks a lot different graphically

I need to get back into Labyrinth of Refrain
forgot why I stopped but it's pretty good
at first I though Luca had a really annoying voice but it really grew on me

any good jrpg without turn based combat

What I liked about Symphonia is if you played it like I did, it is extremely difficult, and you have to manage eight characters and their abilities and tactics, your money and so on. I'm going to play Vesperia the same way of course, so yeah I expect it to be good. I played a lot of JRPGs too, but none had the depth that Symphonia had, which depth however was buried if you played normally because you could brute force the game (as is perhaps usual with these games).

Nier and Nier Automata

Persona 3 cause I got a PS2

Chrono Trigger is kinda turn-based but not entirely

Xenoblade Chronicles series.

Literally any Tales game, Star Ocean, The world ends with you.

Boi
give it up, you got 11 days to finish the event and that would mean a massive grindathon. Or are you mentally strong to stand it?

fuck off retard

Trying to play Trails in the Sky after finishing CS1 but it's so fucking slow and boring

Played an hour of Etrian Odyssey 4 earlier.
Seems pretty good but I have no clue what classes/skills are good. Can you get a 6th party member? I started out with knight/tank/dancer/mage/medic. Also, any completely shit skills to avoid?

Ys

I bought Fairy Fencer F on PS4s sale and I'm not sure why, but it's actually pretty good.

>he fell for the sky meme
they are not good games, and they feel like a drag coming off CS. shoulda just went with CS2

Attached: 1556854362403.png (922x1023, 1.3M)

dungeon travelers 2 is a trash game
UI is awful
game is easy as fuck
characters are too dumb and retarded

kill yourself with them faggot

based Reanchad

But I dislike 3D user, what is the best place to start with the 2D ones? Is the android game good? It seems to be a MMO

Attached: D4YX2aiU8AAZx3x.jpg (600x412, 41K)

It's really hard to fuck up your team composition in EO4 because they only give you 7 options to choose from. Your team is soild, but you may want to swap out the Medic later if you find having a dedicated healer to be overkill.

Don't fucking tell me you are playing it dubbed. I literally unironically vomited a little on my mouth thinking about the possibility.

Attached: D2Ed5tFWwAAgwYq.jpg (720x544, 68K)

See:

I just finished FFX-2 and am probably going to play Tales of Symphonia next.

Playing persona 3 fes because I only ever played the PSP version before. Also playing FFX just learned tidus is a dream

Attached: I9584EGe_400x400.jpg (400x400, 36K)

Best RPGs objectively speaking, from someone who isn’t a Boomer
> 1. Panzer Dragoon Saga
> 2. Final Fantasy VI
> 3. Chrono Cross
> 4. Chrono Trigger
> 5. Mother 3
> 6. Digital Devil Saga 2
> 7. Trails in the Sky SC
> 8. Trails in the Sky FC
> 9. Lunar Eternal Blue
> 10. Final Fantasy IX

Just started DT2 pretty good, gonna go back and play it on PSP, I think

Attached: F4166B55-6FD6-4F23-BEB4-CBE3D4048FBD.jpg (4032x3024, 2.94M)

been playing demon gaze lately on my not-hacked vita. I'm pretty early in it but most of the combat is just all party members spamming attack which makes things pretty boring

I found out about this "Spira Unleashed" difficulty mod for FFX, so I'm running through that over the weekend.

shit is hard as fuck, I'm just getting out of besaid and am getting my ass handed to me. Couldn't be happier

Attached: 1520239907278.png (900x1000, 442K)

>50 burgerdollars
What

>M
What did they mean by this?

>TiTS not once, but TWICE
shit list desu

>that hand

granblue

NTRPG2 literally SHITS over all that list. Is a goddamn masterpiece of videogame narrative. Like, not even CLOSE.

Attached: 1553557348572.jpg (700x483, 39K)

Big fat tiddies

Attached: Cha07c_5WT.tex_0000001c.png (1040x1597, 1.07M)

Cope

scantily clad anime girls la

Attached: 1541721249141.jpg (1614x2228, 746K)

>Growlanser 4
This was really great.

Persona 3. It was the first Persona game that I ever bought and started playing, but I ended up buying Persona 4 not long after it and started playing that instead, followed by Persona 5, so it's the only one that I haven't actually beat.

What's that old Snes jrpg that people say is better than Chrono Trigger? I don't think ti was released in the west and I can't remember it's name.

Seething

Really nice. Maybe their best game so far. I hope their new game doesn't disappoint me. Kagura is taking too long on the translation.

Attached: DL4fWT0U8AAKHIF.jpg (560x420, 85K)

the dub is actually pretty good
seems like they put some real effort into the acting
plus I never figured out how to change the language to japanese

user... are you literally retarded? Is on the option menu when you first open the game. How is this hard or obtuse on any kind of way?

i'm playing Estelle Bright's game

Any cheap, lesser known games on Steam? Might impulse buy something to play tonight.

What jrpgs that are on sale do you recommend?
It can be on steam or PS4
Any genre is fine but i'm looking for some cool blobbers

Currently not playing any JRPG unless you want to count Yakuza 3 but that is a stretch.
Patiently waiting for Zapinterlations to translate Eushully's Castle Meister.

I just need BB at NP2. It won’t take too long. I couldn’t roll any gacha CEs, so I’ve given up hope of clearing the shop anyway.

I remember not being able to find it but it was a long long time ago
it was either this game or DQXI
either way the english dub is actually not bad

Recommend me one that I can emulate. I'm fairly new to them so give me some must plays.

Picked up. Wait it's not on PC.

You might want to mention what platforms you can emulate.

Classes don't really matter unless you're min-maxing for post-game thanks to subclasses, but Nightseeker/Imperial, Landshark/dancer and Arcanist/medic are some very good ones.
You sometimes get a 6th member as a guest in boss floors or in the overworld, 3 of them actually join you and all others can be hacked in with the save editor.
Most skills are useful in a way, just don't oversaturate speed skills since there's a bug that fucks your characters over if they have too much.

Attached: 1524505429567.jpg (550x776, 218K)

snes, n64, ps1 specifically.

>subclasses
Welp, it's gonna get even more complicated later

Should I just sell all monster drops or is there some point to saving some?

How's devil survivor 2?

Sometimes you'll need drops to complete quests but you're better off selling everything, that's how you unlock new gear and items.

Just starting this game. I'm in the first dungeon and Melva's already dead and I have maybe one or 2 healing items.

This, I want to pick up something before the sale is over. I have a PS4 and I know Persona 5 is the obvious thing since it's $20, but something else would be good too.

>Growlanser 4
>clunky battle system
>awful gameplay balance
>cheesy anime story
>limited worldbuilding
>bad music
>characters are uninteresting
Gotta recommend against this one. Just watch front innocent if you want Urushihara.

Attached: 1555112689256.jpg (539x800, 420K)

It's great. Superior to the first in every way other than story (which is still pretty good).

Can you (or someone with better taste) tell me what you liked about PDS? I remember it getting boring quick since the battle system was easy to figure out and the random battles were annoying.

Final Fantasy XIV
Enjoying the story a lot more than any of the other more recent entries.

It's not bad, it's terrible

If you think that is good...well, you didn't hear good dubs in your life, or your taste is absolute shit

i've been playing DQ5 recently
fucking incredible

Attached: hand of the heavenly bride.jpg (512x250, 86K)

i think ive seen this game before too, or i have convinced myself i have from your post

Buy at least one of the Ys games! I did and I am enjoying them a lot.

Attached: The-Oath-in-Felghana.jpg (1024x768, 292K)

I grew up with Growlansers 2 and 3 for ps2. Really good jrpg by Atlus. Also had suikoden 4 too. I recommend both.

I remember someone posting about it on here before and loads of people agreed with him.

Can't find it in the archive.

This game would actually be good if there wasn't so much grinding.

Based. I just finished CS 1 and 2 myself

My fucking fellow adventurer

Attached: lightheartedadolventures.png (1910x757, 2.28M)

Think I found it, Terranigma.

Good. Now play more Falcom games. Namely all the Ys games, Trails in the Sky and the the Crosbell games.

If you want more weeb stuff, play Tokyo Xandu.

If you want happy fun comedy play Gurimin and Zweiss.

Xanadu Next also exists.

Earthbound

But Nisa didn't localize CS 1 or 2

Probably cause I just finished one.

Attached: ULUS10022_00838.jpg (1920x997, 255K)

>Xanadu Next also exists.
I don't have a n-gage

Attached: 1543002244364.jpg (160x212, 38K)

Is this a JRPG?

Attached: Heroes_of_Ruin.jpg (1136x1280, 502K)

How should I go about playing DQ1? Just emulate? Or is the phone version actually good?

This game just goes on and on and on.

Attached: mask of truth.jpg (1200x630, 190K)

You don't have your old copy of Dragon Warrior I & II for GBC, user?

>better spend 4 hours talking about food and drink before moving on with the plot
>better do this at regular intervals because it definitely doesn't get old

>you're as intelligent as you are intelligent
interdesting

No, my GBC was pretty much a Pokemon and Power Quest machine.

That's more the second game than the third.
The third fakes you out on the "final" battle several times, though the actual finale is amazing.

Mask of Truth is guilty of it as well. There's an insane amount of scenes where characters sit around and describe food and drink and make slurping noises and proclaim it's delicious. I'd say over 40% of the script consists of this.

Attached: ys chads vs kiseki virgins.png (2464x952, 499K)

The PS4 Odin Sphere. All I'm doing is mindlessly spamming square, half paying attention to the dialogue . At least the art is pretty.
Why was the winged chick punished for killing the big dude?

Atelier L&S.

Attached: 504.jpg (1440x2560, 780K)

tranny

I hope you like the art, because you'll be visiting every area and fighting every boss over and over and over with every single character. The game doesn't have enough content for ONE character, let alone FIVE.

Just finished cold steels 2 and cold steels 1 is complete shit. What are the chances for cs4 and 5 on pc. I'm a poorfag without a ps4.

Seiken Densetsu 3?

The review bombing for Ys VIIII made NISA not want to do a PC port at all, so chances are low. A Switch port is more likely.

LiEat
was only 99p :)

That sounds like absolute hell. Are the other characters at least interesting to play or am I just going to be mashing normal attack for them too?

Other characters have more fun moves.

>Panzer Dragoon Saga

You know what you are? You're my nigger.

Attached: panzer dragoon.webm (314x240, 2.91M)

>Gwen is the fastest paced and most varied character
>Cornelius just does spinning attacks with a sword over and over and has no reach or mobility
>Oswald is slow and clunky as fuck
>Mercedes doesn't have actual combos and works more like a shoot 'em up, which gets old fast
>scarlet is more similar to gwen and can actually pull off combos with solid movement
I wouldn't bother. The characters just go downhill from the first scenario, and you just repeat all the content in the game with each character. Have to feed and level up each of them individually as well. It's awful.

Dark Souls on the Switch.

because the port is shit and they should feel bad that they released that broken mess of a port
even after they "fixed" it, its still a gamble whether or not it will work fine or not on your PC
I bought ys8 last year during the November sale with meeting all the system requirements for it and I still had 7 crashes with only a hour of game time
most of that time was spent messing with the settings trying to see what was making it crash
after the 7th crash I said fuck it refunded it
Im going to parrot what I've seen everyone else said about it
ys8 PC and Vita bad
ys8 ps4 and switch good

FF9 port. I knew it was a shit port but playing it in bed is comfy.

>tfw played ys 8 late last year on pc at 1440p/144 fps with zero crashes in 80 hours of playtime

what's your BMI?

what game?

>Protagonists canonically have sex
What other JRPG does this?
If you think Uta is bad then you really haven't played shit like Fate.
Still, you're really wrong. If anything it's more of a vapid harem SoL done for the purpose of worldbuilding, contrast and character building. Seeing how the girls relate differently to Haku and Oshtor is pretty neat, and the game wastes no time setting up and executing the plotline in the meanwhile.
Part of Utawarerumono is its worldbuilding, and this off time works as a perfect way to set up battles and their consequences pretty realistically.

Attached: STILL14.png (1280x720, 580K)

Nah, yapping about food over and over isn't worldbuilding. I've played 2 and 3 back-to-back over the past week and there's objectively an insane amount of blabbering about food. It just never stops. Otherwise great games.

These, i need to expand my PS4 library desu.

>What other JRPG does this?
Demon Gaze.

Attached: lizardpussy.jpg (960x544, 140K)

Canon sex, not fan service and projection. Xenosaga has a used goods whore protagonist who betrays the party to go bang her villain boyfriend.

>Canon sex, not fan service and projection.
Oh, I see. Demon Gaze.

sauce
also spoiler related

Attached: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.jpg (400x240, 87K)

That post said NOT fanservice and projection, so no.

What game is this again? Happy childbirth ending is my favorite thing.

Attached: happy end.png (1651x2331, 1.47M)

>projection
It happens near the end of the game, though obviously not on screen.

>Happy childbirth ending is my favorite thing.
Mana Khemia had one i think.

Gonna take the DQXI plunge.

Tales of Berseria had a pretty good story.

Attached: 18-MK-00105.jpg (640x450, 47K)

Why would anyone want this boring ass daily life menial shit in their fiction?

Same reason moe slice of life shit is the dominant genre of anime, manga, jrpg and visual novel. Make that Japanese media in general. Incel waifufags can't achieve these things in real life, so their entertainment has to have it in large doses, especially in the form of a self-insert protag.

Cool buzzwords here's a (You)

See People always desire what they don't have/can't have.

Can you tell me how L&S performs on the switch? I'm thinking if I should get the PS4 or Switch version as backup(getting it on PC for primary).

Please find some other words that convey the same meaning in this context, you buttmad waifufag.

In docked mode it is fine. In handheld mode it will stutter.

>Xenoblade Chronicles 2
>FFX

I like my JRPGs handheld. Sitting down and playing them on a couch feels weird.

Man you're lucky that I saved this from around the time it was released.

Attached: Vita x Switch x PS4.jpg (1920x2344, 1.15M)

Been playing a little known gem called "RuneScape"

Attached: runescape.jpg (1200x800, 232K)

Isn't the Switch supposed to help with that?

Nice. Playing through Digimon Hackers Memory after importing my Cyber Slut save file
>138 hours
Fucking hell I played the shit out of that game.

>RuneScape
>JRPG
No

Persona 3 portable.
I'll jump straight to P4Golden once i'm done it and the latest switch exploit releases.

Attached: Persona_3_portable_fanbook.jpg (1280x1794, 477K)

why would you respond to the most obvious bait in the world

Jokes on you fucking retard, I made the RuneScape post and then replied to myself.

Attached: Pranked.png (533x331, 47K)

Those vita graphics are pathetic. Looks like PSP.
People need to learn how to properly budget their assets.

The Arland and Dusk trilogies were better looking despite being last-gen. Way better aesthetic that doesn't rely on advanced graphics and hardware. Gust really shat the bed.

Yeah. I'm enjoying being able to play my JRPG's undocked. That's one of the reasons I like the Switch so much.

cool now fuck off we're having a nice thread

Jokes on you again, that post was ALSO me.

Attached: Double pranked.png (692x533, 82K)

Please I need good jrpgs that are on steam
Pls

Attached: 1555257657132.jpg (631x800, 93K)

I'd say Atelier Sophie also had a good storybook-like aesthetic. The following games were downgraded and dumbed down to have more realistic visuals that just look like a low budget game.

>Playing Jrpgs with generic anime girls that all look the same
Get some taste.

Dark Souls

Yeah it's sad, the Vita can pump out better but obviously they didn't put any effort into that downport.

Good looking JRPGs are very rare. The only mind-blowing good looking JRPG this gen was FFXV although the more recent Compile Heart games are starting to look better than average.

Picture related is Death End re;Quest on a base PS4.

Attached: Death end re;Quest_20190301141436.jpg (1920x1080, 227K)

dragon quest xi

its pretty good.

Hold on buddy, slow down there, I didn't even get to call you a retard for faking a post like that.

Attached: RuneScapetard.png (710x919, 208K)

Thinking of getting FF 1 and 2 on my Vita considering they're only like 7 bucks at the moment, are they worth it?

Bloodborne

>Compile Heart games are starting to look better than average.
Funny how they actually started pumping out almost exclusively new, high quality assets for their games, while devs like Falcom still recycle the fuck out of their low budget assets with no end in sight.

Any good jrpgs with a militaristic/political story in the style of Front Mission or Ogre Battle?

Not Cold Steel.

Valkyria Chronicles is kind of close.

It's not fake. We are the same person.

Can I play cold steel without playing the previous titles?

I always say this but no other company right now shows more improvement over each game than Compile Heart. They went from making some of the worst RPGs on the PS3 to consistently putting out amazing stuff.

>reused assets
They made like 6 Neptunia games reusing the same maps and monsters. They even reused enemies on other games too, I remember seeing Neptunia enemies while playing Fairy Fencer F. Hopefully those days are over.

The enemies in Death End re;Quest look really good too.

Attached: Death end re;Quest_20190313075455.jpg (1920x1080, 443K)

Persona 5

You shouldn't play Cold Steel the Hedgeheg at all desu.

Tales of Phantasia

I have trouble getting into newer games these days.
Not that I can't, but I'm over 30 and it's easier to just pick from a thousand games I already like and play again.

Hah, really? Well, I bet I can't name my favorite JRPG, can I?

Attached: dededegrin.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

>that rpg you stopped playing because life and you don't want to go back to it because you forgot what the story line was and where you were up to

Attached: 1557017794393.jpg (664x955, 188K)

What is the newest Nep game to look forward to?
I always dodged that series because of how shittty the assets looked.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1

Attached: E8897CE5-6E45-46BC-A829-A6AE660811B1.gif (498x480, 2.29M)

No. I can't. Ever since the incident where I lost my long term memory.

VEGE-TA-BLES!

>not wanting to see the mean Rean machine in action
Haha...

Only compile heart game I've played is nep vii. It was maybe 5/10, not terrible but the battles weren't great since they weren't well balanced and various mechanics were underutilized.

They're all pretty shit. Their non-Nepshit games are usually good, though. The latest Neptunia STILL has a lot of low budget shortcuts.

Why would they put the least amount of money into their most popular franchise?

Does this get better after the Library stage or did it peak at the Hot Springs stage?

Attached: caligula.jpg (675x900, 195K)

Because the Nep fanbase buys it anyway.

Good thing I remembered it was the game that I'm currently playing, Breath of Fire IV. Although it's for the first time that I'm doing so, so that's interesting. Damn, I guess I'm a fucking retard after all.

Do you recommend it?

>twintails and ZR
My dick is interested but is this actually a good game?

The last mainline Nep game was a long time ago, it's been other series and spinoffs since then. We might get a new Nep game soon though, who knows.

Nep VIIR is a direct upgrade to everything.

I played this once and it was awful. Does it get better after the first part?

I can recommend the soundtrack at least, its 10/10, aside from that its a pretty barebones JRPG with a slightly interesting combat system
youtube.com/watch?v=Z7KdrYWfi4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=r9hn3NRGKrI

Isn't this the one written by the persona guy? Is the story good?

Was Nexus a jrpg?

It's about high school kids being stuck in a Matrix-like world (with hints that some of the kids were other people in real life) pretty interesting

Dark Souls. That's a JRPG right?

Recommend my a JRPG where I can canonically have sex with my female party members, on PC please.

Attached: 6007883504.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

Rance

You really don't

Any Rance game.

They're all BORING and rape is shit

Tales of Beseria

youtube.com/watch?v=fEFPmIRelDI

upvoted

Any JRPG thats as stylish as TWEWY or Persona when it comes to gameplay and overall aesthetic

if real girls ate 5 hamburgers like that they would be 5 times her size

FF XII:ZA
It’s one of the few final fantasy titles I haven’t played before and I’ve been enjoying it.

Dungeon Travelers is literally the best dungeon crawl game I ever played. Shame they did the stupid loli censor bullshit

Seems kinda good but I'm at a bit where you need to wait for a long time in real game time for an event to happen that lets you proceed with the story. And you can't just stand still, you seem to have to move. Very tedious at the mo.

Attached: VAV8ihL.png (1421x1061, 947K)

Mana Khemia didn't have any right to as fun as it was. Pretty nice gameplay and OST too.

DeSu 2 on day 2 and I already know the first game is far better but hey it’s still fun

Attached: 8A3E8B67-39AE-4EEA-A079-970011C56D97.jpg (300x393, 36K)

Is it better than Etrian Odyssey? I just finished EOX and wanted to try another dungeon crawler.

youtube.com/watch?v=ipNKfOEdDDM

Also a bonus. youtube.com/watch?v=A9uiN6Cgp2g

oh god you don't know what kind of autism that question sparks

The second game is an improvement over the first in every way. Especially its soundtrack.

Is Death re;Quest any good? Would you recommend it to someone who disliked Neptunia?

You didn't say the words this time. None of them. Oh well.

Attached: Dq2YNVLVsAAflkx.jpg (2590x3624, 684K)

Which JRPG devs do you avoid? For me it's:

NIS
Compile Heart
Gust (sadly since they did once make good games)

Attached: 1555328112486.jpg (210x240, 6K)

Soundtrack I’ll agree on but story is by far not nearly good enough I do like the more races but again I’m only on day 2 and devil survivor 1 sucked me in before the first battle

Attached: 27CAB598-6BB0-4196-97B2-703D52B36CAF.gif (464x499, 162K)

They are never going to make another Grandia Xtreme.

Whoever the fuck makes nep games can’t stand that shit

Attached: D671A8BA-DF59-42B0-87BA-9103A284C407.jpg (1024x994, 118K)

>Grandia
I have a confession to make, i actually enjoyed Grandia 3.

NIS is legitimately okay. Disgaea 5 is great and Coven was fucking fantastic, can't wait for the sequel.
Nu-Gust has its ups and downs, but if you get what they're going for (as in, you're a complete moebuta) then their games deliver on their promise and aren't absolute kusoge.
Personally it's CH/IF and Scamco.

The second one he listed

I don't avoid devs, I avoid shit games. Sometimes even shit devs get lucky and make something good

Dancer's Speed Boost passive is bugged and reduces your evasion to zero.

>Disgaea 5 is great

Disgaea 5 only gets a pass due to quality of life improvements, the game had less weapons the first entry and less classes then the 2nd

I like the game but its average at best. It is however the game id say to play if you are going to play disgaea ever now, people don't got time for the old fashioned grind

Gamefreak if you can even call Pokémon JRPGS

Coven or EO for first timer?

figured this might be the best thread to ask, does anyone know what game pic related came from?

Attached: watgame.jpg (1920x1080, 710K)

SAO shit

Definitely EO, Coven is full of weird and unconventional mechanics.

The answer is no because there isn't another crawler out there that is all around as good as EO.

I'd say I like DT way more than EO. I like its skill balance and class customizations and the excellent post-game

Xenoblade 2 and SMT4
I dropped Yokai Watch 2 because I didn't like the battle system, and Rune Factory 4 because the clock moves too fast

I loved Growlanser 4, I replayed it 3 times and just seeing it mentioned makes me want to play it again. I was sad the other PSP games weren't translated

youtube.com/watch?v=G-M_H4I7Jn0
Based

>tfw stuck at the convention
I can't believe this happened. I've dropped the game for three months.

what game?

Why does this make me angry? I'm grateful for you posting it, but it makes me want to get Lulua for the PC.

I've only just started this series and I love this character a lot. Currently playing the original Hyperdimension Neptunia on PS3. Gameplay is a little bland but I'm still having fun. Does the series get better? Please tell me it does.

Dragon Quest V
Rune Factory

There are plenty of JRPGs with great soundtracks. That is not one of them.

nocturne hardtype, still a god game but it's harder to play before bed now that i have to be awake for every fight

Tokyo RPG factory and kemco. I'm definitely skipping out on Oninaki.

Shit game, too long, combat extremely linear, story is ok.

Playing demon gaze 2. It's fun so far but kinda easy.

Attached: 1497652125384.gif (728x720, 550K)

What game is this?

dungeon travelers 2

I dunno if I'd say Berseria has the best story in the series, however, its characters are very good, and the story is pretty decent if you like foregone conclusions.

Dungeon Travellers 2

as for me, I am close to getting the Platinum in Metal Max Xeno.

I just need the "survive for 50 days" trophy which is "clock 25 hours on a single play through" (since NG+ resets the clock)

looks like an Alterier game

>Older game feels slower and clunkier after playing a more refined game made over a decade later
What a shocker. Also you're retarded by default for jumping into a series midway through the overall story.

The Crossbell games. Someone please tell me the Ao translation is better.

Attached: file.png (1442x818, 1.66M)

All the Experience Inc. games are super easy.

It's definitely no EO it feels like but i'm still enjoying it. The characters are fun.

hardtype is such a fucking mess
>the unfair lopsided buff table
>everything mid to late game becomes an hp sponge
>thanks to magic boost magma axis now outdamages freikugel and thunder reign is a better megidolaon

Keep trying to play Ar Nosurge but people tell me I should play Ciel even though I don't speak a lick of Nipponese and a translation is never ever. Also I don't know if I should play the Tonelico games first.

I still have a sliver of hope that Onikaki will be decent, since they haven't done an ARPG yet.

hm well i'm still in shibuya, i suppose i can just boot the original iso if it sucks later

I believe playing it on normal gives you the QoL and new skills/demons with the +4/+4 -4/-4 buff table. If you keep going with hard, my advice is mag demifiend > str demifiend and come endgame slap life surge on everything.

Replaying through this absolute gem. Currently on chapter 10 on my Psycho Launcher/Javelin run. It's already my 4th playthrough. Absolutely the best JRPG this decade. The only ones that come close are DQXI and Ys VIII.

Attached: 1482776825290.jpg (1280x720, 434K)

Why do all the women look like they have downs?

God this game sucked. I was never bored by an RPG for this long. Usually the boring introductory parts end 5 hours in at most, but this game was a fucking drag up until I dropped it. Not a single thing about it was interesting. Uninteresting NPCs and quests, uninteresting MCs, uninteresting world, uninteresting combat... it fucking blew.

I'm just awestruck how the same company that made the absolutely amazing Ys games made this garbage fire. Fuck Yea Forums for tricking me by saying Trails in the Sky is good.

Attached: Do2GT[1].png (435x128, 71K)

Spoiler answer: The ones in that pic are all either robots or ayyy lmaos

Technical answer: No Xeno game ever had good in-game faces until Xenoblade 2. Xenosaga looks even more horrific. Also, everyone in game was created using the same crappy Create-a-Character you use at the beginning.

Attached: 058[1].jpg (1280x1831, 418K)

Dragon Quest 11

Damn this game is long

I am sorry you have ADHD, user.

This. Very light on the RPG elements but still, it's there.

Attached: 2019-05-05-011505.png (960x544, 749K)

Playing Trails of Cold Steel. Never played any other "trails" game but was told by a friend to play this one.
Its pretty alright so far, really digging the laid back feel of it. Getting annoyed with the side-quests I keep having to do though, I wish the plot would move a bit faster.

Just finished Chapter 1, so ive just barely scratched the surface.

I don't. I've played games from pretty much every major JRPG series, from Ys, to Tales, to Xenogears, to Chrono Trigger, to Xenoblade, Pokemon, Mario & Luigi, Paper Mario, Legend of Heroes, and even Atelier. But the only JRPG I've played that was worse than Trails in the Sky was Chrono Cross.

I'm genuinely convinced that all these claims of people starting the series with CS1 is just one false flagging retard.

Isn't that the NTR game?

is Blue Reflection worth playing?

play the fan translation of marie on ps2. It's fucking timeless and is what put the series on the map.

I don't know about other people, but whats wrong with starting with this one? I get that there are 3 games in the series before this but I was told besides a few references i'm not missing anything.

Shin Megami Tensei If

it's average and kind of boring but it's pretty and written will enough. I'd steal but i wouldn't buy.

old game good new game bad basically
ignore it but still play sky at some point because the events of it are referenced in cs

SAO hollow realization. SAO games are hit and miss but HR and Fatal Bullet are both really solid picks.

Attached: 1555617845511.jpg (371x353, 13K)

it's odd to play a series that's really dedicated to cumularive lore and world building without playing the prior games. obviously you can at the very least process the plot of CS1+2 without TitS and Crossbell, but the scope of time, power levels, and political tension is really lost without them.

cs1 is so slow specifically because they wanted to catch people up on erebonian politics, I don't see how you're at too much of a loss starting there so long as you play sky before cs3/4.

Reminds me of Aqua which reminds me that there's a konosuba game coming for Vita.

is it at least a bit better than the Iris games ? Because those were some serious balls

Really want to finish up Etrian Odyssey V so I can get started on the Xenosaga games that I've had collecting dust.
Guys how do I deal with Star Devourer, he's kicking my shit in

Been bored the last few days after finishing Tokyo Xanadu ex+, looking for something different, something with a bit more thought to the battle system.
Give me a JRPG that with a good class system or a system to make your character play the way you want. Don't care if its Traditonal JRPG or a SRPG.
I wish White Knight Chronicles wasn't a complete piece of shit, it had some potential.

Its more like the PS3 games. Less RPG, more crafting and slice-of-life.

Ys 1. Just finished Oath which was my first Ys game.

Oath was amazing. I wasnt sure what to expect with Origins but It is pretty good actually.

Also have the latest dragon quest and Xenoblade 2 torna which I bought but only played a few hours of months ago.

The point isn't that you don't know about erebonian politics starting CS1, but that erebonia's position as an antagonist to it's neighboring countries is just something that you're kind of informed of instead of experiencing directly in sky and ao/zero. it's a way more shallow experience of a game that's already kind of shallow in building political interest.

also cs1 is slow as fuck because it's half of the game that 1+2 were supposed to be.

Just finished Fumika Fantasy. 40 minute final boss battle, bros. Not worth it.

Death end is great

dark souls

Is it time to end myself yet?

Attached: DSC_0596.jpg (1122x633, 123K)

Got to the ship in DQ8 a week ago and kinda stopped. Should get back into it.

The original one for the PS3 is generally considered the absolute worst game of the series. Its mechanics are terrible. Re;Birth 1-3 was a sort of "reboot" with its own little system, but it was done much better than the originals in my opinion. Re;Birth 3/Victory and VII are probably my favorites.

I need a name

The series gets better, you should drop the original and play the remake instead, the cutscenes are the same with the current battle system

Alicia Heart from Dungeon Travelers

I honestly think Nep VII is a good game. Not amazing but definitely good.

Compile Heart came a long way from the very first Nep game to VII and I dont think people give them credit.

Unfortunately nep has been hijacked by ironic weebs so it is cool to hate and on too of that the games were quite mediocre or even straight up bad for many years but that isn't really the case anymore.

Yeah a lot of the spin offs are not good (I enjoy them anyway) but 4 Godesses Online (though it still isn't great) is a step up for the spin offs too.

CH unironically puts more effort into improving themselves than most dev's. I dont play most of their games but the signs of improvement are obvious.

>dubfags also brainlets

Thanks my nigger

Replaying Rune factory 4 before 5 coming out next year.

the best one

Attached: 1544737947137.jpg (1242x650, 135K)

That's because you only play their flagship series. You wouldn't think the same if you played the other trash they put out.
Their only decent game in years of existing is Trillion, and that's because it's simply a formula too hard to actually fuck up.
Play their other trash like Mary Skelter, Dark Rose Valkyrie or Fairy Fencer F and you'll actually begin to understand why people hate them so much. Nep, outside really low quality spinoff games, is the least of their problems.

Watched cutscenes from The Last Hope on YouTube a few days ago and they're a lot cringier than I remember, but I remember that I was all over Star Ocean for a few years in high school. Till the End of Time first brought my attention to the franchise; never owned it though, only rented it (never finished it either, which appears to be a good thing). Then I burned through the remakes of the first two games on PSP, and I even watched the anime based on the second game.

It's kind of a dorky series, but it definitely tugs at my nostalgia. Plus, merging JRPG tropes with Star Trek is a fun idea.

Attached: image.jpg (720x720, 157K)

I liked Fairy Fencer.

Nice!

Me: none atm.

Same, currently at the desert with the little sandniggers. Very good so far. I remember dropping the agme much earlier on original release, this edition really makes a difference.

Does this count? Disc swapping actually works on my ps3. So I’ve been playing the shit out of it.

Attached: 107555E2-63DC-4B2F-9F2C-B1F75B7B20DD.jpg (800x700, 144K)

bought DQXI in the sale and loving it so far.

First game in a long time that I've found myself just staring at the scenery, damn beautiful game...

Attached: 1478450383738.jpg (500x500, 50K)

YS 8
Shining Resonance Refrain
Tokyo Xanadu
SAO Hollow Realization

Which one should I get first?

But... you are a, nigger?

Not yet. Upper right is Vesperia?

BTW, I need an advice. Is Molero Chronicle a good gamr for fans of dungeon crawling or should I buy Lost Child now while it's on sale?

pls don't bully JRPG negro

Hop on this, faggot.

Attached: tlr.jpg (1920x1080, 169K)

I liked it.

Weebgro?

I can only speak about Shining resonance refrain, but it is super generic and safe. If you're a Seiyuufag you'll enjoy it for that alone. There's a demo available on Switch/Ps4, so try it out.

Messing up in the post game of Twin Ages. Its too bad you can't carry over your equipments. I worked hard for that OP Hero Tights in the Aphelios and the Ninjitsugi, then you can't take them to New Game +

Attached: Summon Night - Twin Age (UNDUB)__6865.png (256x384, 36K)

Bought octopath on sale.
It's pretty comfy gotta say. I'm doing chapters in random order ignoring the suggested level, it's fun.

digital devil saga 2

Last week I bought "Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk" as a first, did I do good?

Want to get into FF after really liking what I played of XII, VIII, XV, VII, XIII are what I'm most interested in, how are they? I also really didn't enjoy X

Looks fun. Might try it

I don't suggest playing Twin Ages on PC, its a stylus based game like TWEWY. Its doable but you can't do act as fast as you can in the original hardware. Well, it works for me as all enemies at this point can be just be Shine Viper'ed to death.
The other Summon Night on DS is great too.

If you have nothing against "ancient" RPGs, you should try III and V. Both are on Steam btw. Also, if you like catching pokemons, try World of Final Fantasy. Basically, it's a fanservice and many characters from previous FF games are here as NPCs, but the game is fun and chill.

Only the best one of course.

Attached: best RPG.png (611x505, 332K)

The enrage is 50 turns, just blame yourself for taking almost a minute for each. Though I can understand the nerves getting to you after dying to a random black hole ~35 turns in.
What was the best scene?

VIII requires 2 playthroughs to understand the story fully and the gameplay's pretty shit without a mod like Ragnarok Rebalance for the PC version. Other than that, it has the best setting and music in the series. V is a good place to start. Great character progression systems and a mostly comedic script.

How's Ar Tonelico?

Great, if you like worldbuilding and singing waifus.

Attached: Sanic.jpg (1366x768, 240K)

Can someone please sell me on Death end re;Quest. See it posted on Yea Forums every now and then and it looks ok but I'm very on the fence

Bought overdose and played it for myself recently, beat the game back to front male and female and it really isn't worth it. It's got some good moments especially on the villains side, that part is really the highlight of the game. It peaks at some of the villian character arcs. But at some parts it really feels unfinished and the ending is so rushed it made my fucking teeth hurt. Soundtrack is a fucking 10/10 so least worth that.

It's worse

I mean that's still correct Grammar, Lloyd obviously just went ham on her cousin while she watched

What kind of worldbuilding if I make ask?

This is probably why we got CS3/CS4 as well. Don't forget CS5 when it comes out too

Alright I'm gonna try Lunatic Dawn Passage of the Book now. Anyone else here who played it?

Attached: Untitled.png (936x654, 437K)

Is this real? Do these dogs come in blue? How come I've never seen one before?

Yes

This underrated SRPG. Its very hard especially in the beginning. It has an actual tutorial that will kick your ass until you get how things works.
When you see how great route B is, you don't want to do route A anymore since Serdic going full genocidal against the empire is cathartic. Then there are these 2 lolis watching over him on how messed up he becomes after cleansing the holy blade.

Attached: R21024.jpg (1024x768, 731K)

I'm up to fighting Elly in Gears, it's not really grabbing me. There is potential here of course, but it's not the masterpiece I've heard it was

Yes. Combat and customization are awesome and the story is pretty decent too.

Just started Tales of Phantasia X Edition. What am I in for?

Kamidori alchemy meister.

Attached: Kamidori-Alchemy-Meister-Wikipedia[1].jpg (1600x900, 334K)

Can you play Xenoblade 2 without playing the first one? Or do you miss too much?

You can. Xenoblade 1, Xenoblade X and Xenoblade 2 are 3 completely different games set in different world. Torna is a prequel to XB2, though. You can play it before or after XB2, doesn't matter.
There were few DLCs for XB2 and one of them adds 2 characters from XB1 (as blades), but that's the only "connection" between XB 1 and 2.

Cool, thanks.

Np, user. But you should definitely play XB1 and XBX if you can get your hands on WiiU or if you have a decent PC for emulators. Both games are great, but XB1 focuses on story while XBX is more focused on exploration.

Keep playing my dude

I have Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii, just never played it and I hate the controller so i'm not sure I will.

>tfw you remember that Gust used to make good games

Not that user, but I recommend playing XB1 first if you already own it. It's the best point of entry, especially because of how well paced and polished it is compared to 2.

Check out the EXA_PICO universe if you want a really good plot heavy series with fantastic (autistic as fuck) world building.

Attached: 1544617575569.jpg (317x427, 31K)

Ragnarok Online!

it sucks that I can't into JRPGs. I don't mind reading hours of dialog but it looks like my head locks up when it comes to gameplay.

sadly the godawful gear system completely ruined this game for me, but I had fun for the time it lasted

You forgot 20/10 music sung in autistically well-made artificial languages.

Which JRPGs? You might wanna try ones that have different types of gameplay

>want to play this
>have to watch the anime since the first game never came over
>watch anime
>first game gets announced for 2020 release
Wtf NISA
Now do I wait or just play the second game anyways

Play the second and the third games now. The remake has better gameplay than both so it may be kinda hard to go to Mask of Deception after playing the remake.

This fucking shit right here.
I was listening to Ar Tonelico and Ciel/Ar Nosurge music years before I actually played all the games. It's so fucking good that it should be its own music genre.

Attached: 20190428_155220.jpg (3264x2448, 1.41M)

>consistently putting out amazing stuff.
Duuuude. Yes, they improved, but let's not exaggerate here. They still make turds.

Suggest some good ones

VNs disguised as jRPGs:
Ar Tonelico
Ar Tonelico 2
Ar Tonelico 3 if you happen to have PS3
Ar Nosurge

Actual jRPGs:
Grandia 2

Shiiet
I've got Persona 5 that I have to start over on because I got a new PS4
Tales of Berseria, Star Ocean 5, and DQXI which I've got an hour of playtime in each
On my 3ds I've got Shin Megami 4 and Etrian Odyssey 4-5
On my vita I've only got Persona 4G and two FF games

>main antagonist of the first game becomes your companion/romance option in the second game
>she is actually the most deep, enjoyable and level-headed character in the entire series
>her ending has the MC learning complicated as fuck language just to sing her a song of love, because it's able to directly convey those pure feelings straight to her brain
>she actually starts to sing a duet with the MC in the middle of the song
Show me a more kino jrpg experience than this.
You can't.

Attached: ANigFxv.png (1920x1080, 1.44M)

>Grandia 2
Going for this, thanks user.

imagine

Terranigma is amazing. It's an ARPG but it's totally worth playing. The music and atmosphere make it a 9/10 at least.

none aint a weeb

>You will NEVER praise Mir for doing a good job.
Why even exist?

Attached: clvsE63.png (1920x1080, 1.72M)

>took 44 fucking games to get the quistis card from the trepe groupies

i think it might have used up all my bad luck on that rare card though, every other rare card has come out within five games.

FFXIII-2 on PC. Runs poorly and I couldn't change paradigms for the first few fights but that bug seems to have gone now.

Well it is slow and boring to start with. Bear with it and you will be rewarded.

Finishing my P3FES.

Turn map shadows off in Ys 8 on PC if the game crashes. It seems to have stopped or lessened it for me at least.

FF Type 0?

It's slow and boring right up to the end, though. There is no reward. Practically the entire game is spent detailing an extremely bland, generic setting.

It's pro quality

I hope you didn't give NISA money for that trash port user.

one day i'll play Ar Tonelico 2
I want to replay the first one, though
also 2 is the one that has a re-translation, right?

Ys is not a JRPG, it's an action game

>also 2 is the one that has a re-translation, right?
Yeah

>Dungeon Travelers 2-2 never ever until NIS decides to get the licence or something

All ARPGs aren't RPGs, they're action games with variable stats.

Attached: 1541259868073.png (1348x1172, 371K)

>Not using riders
It would like to say wise choice but I love too much those damn riders.

but it's already out

I'm playing this bad boy since when It came out I played it no flash card, now that I have a good jub i managed to hunt it down and buy it.

Also DeSu 6th day to play Off the record on 3DS

Attached: 222192_440x350.jpg (440x350, 39K)

True, but JRPGs aren't RPGs either since they don't offer significant story choices. They're tactics games.

This is the inevitable EOP post, please laugh at me.

>but JRPGs aren't RPGs either since they don't offer significant story choices.
Yes, if you've only played a bunch of games like FF

Downloaded Xenogears and Breath of Fire IV. Gonna have an experience today, lads.
I've heard a lot of good shit on Suikoden overall, might check that out after I finish these two.

Attached: 1555197326792.png (640x1000, 809K)

there, there user
i'm also waiting for it

hahahahahaha

Attached: th_image13.png (728x547, 24K)

this is the plan to do next. I'll create red rider and make him into elemental mage with mana surge skill. but need to level up a bit first (to be able to create right demons for fusion) and farm more money... just got to Yoyogi Park.

You don't have to play the first one. Returning characters make minor appearances at best, and everything is explained in the second game when big reveals and plot twists happen. Also, Mask of Truth is insanely long with a story that keeps going for over 70 hours of pure text. Not for everyone.

Mask of Deception isn't really the second game in an ongoing trilogy. The original game is standalone, with Mask of Deception/Truth taking place a few decades later. They share a setting, and later some locations and characters, but it's all easy to infer from context or outright explained.

You can play the remake after the other two games, no problem.

I'm playing 4 different ones at the moment
Sekiro
Dark Souls 3
Dragon's Dogma
Monster Hunter World

Saying those things doesnt make it true

Started play Suikoden 5. Voice acting is a little ham, but really sun so far.

Has anyone here played Tears to Tiara? Is it good?

Bump

My Nigger! Just installed BOF IV on my switch.

What's the best jrpg on steam and on PS4 that it's on sale
(I have Persona 5, Trails series,Valkyria 1)
If I don't get recommendations i'll probably just buy Nioh, Valkyria 4 and star Ocean 5

been playing octopath traveller
tressa's sub job sprites are cute as fuck

Attached: cute.png (448x69, 57K)

Romancing SaGa 2 might be up there.

I second Romancing SaGa 2

Attached: 11657761_p0.jpg (800x533, 347K)

final fantasy tactics advance is exactly what you want. a2 is fine too

a lot of people shit on a2's story for some reason i can't fathom, i don't think it's superior than advance but it's miles better than your average jrpg

It's just great isn't it.

>it's miles better than your average jrpg
a2 is a hot mess, it's only good if you're into sadistic levels of grinding for the sake of it, one of the worst games I've ever played.

user i wasn't referring to the gameplay in that sentence, but either way i have to really wonder what kind of jrpgs you play if a2's 'grind' (if it can even be called that) kills you

If you can into SaGa games, yeah, it's one of the very best the series has to offer, and a superb game in its own right.
Took them until Scarlet Grace to make a game with higher nonlinearity and event variations.

Attached: 53313634_p6_master1200.jpg (800x1142, 1.19M)

>i have to really wonder what kind of jrpgs you play if a2's 'grind' (if it can even be called that) kills you
Better games than a2 for sure, don't really care about that mess of a story either so I won't comment on that, but on the gameplay side, a2 is steaming garbage, even worse than the average FF.
Denying it's full of grind when every single thing you do to acquire anything is locked behind multiple layers of grinding that only exists to gate you out of things is puzzling too.

Git gud

what
the last time i played a2, there were so little requests to properly grind exp on
the only thing i remembered being a pain to get was ap but i'm pretty sure there's ways to cheese it too if you don't want to do battles over and over with the clan privilege that boosts ap gain

>but really sun
heh

Hymmnos has nothing of complicated, as the language has a straightforward grammar and doesn't have anything like cases, declensions, grammatical genres or conjugations.

This kind of worldbuilding: artonelico.fandom.com/wiki/ARM_Backup/Settei_book_2_translation/Wave_Theory_section

all those words and you can't list one single better game

pathetic

Great taste, it's an amazing game/franchise
don't let any cuck on Yea Forums tell you otherwise, and avoid spoilers because the story is 10/10 and people here will spoil you

The best parts of 2 are enhanced by playing 1 beforehand. This actually works the other way around too.

There's nothing to "git gud" for in a2, you can't even get arrested like a1 for breaking the laws, the game is braindead easy.
>the last time i played a2, there were so little requests to properly grind exp on
So you're forgetting how
>Everything in the shop is locked behind components you have to grind by fighting
>Then you need money to buy those things you've unlocked, which means more fighting
>Then you need to keep some of those for fetch quests
>Then you need AP for unlocking clan privileges to make the game less of a pain in the ass
>Then you need to get into clan auction that only exist to put ANOTHER layer of grind to it all just to make the game LESS grindy
And it's not like the basic gameplay makes up for that either, the old classes got gutted for the sake of making space for completely useless classes like Green fucking Mages or Yojimbo, AKA gladiators but for humans, two new races which add nothing at all to an already shallow racial system that is nothing but a glorified lock to certain classes (even though there's tons of useless overlap just like the first game), garbage decisions like positioning affecting your damage instead of your hit rate and anything that isn't a normal attack getting a hit rate malus because the game isn't already slow on everything, you must waste turns not hitting things until you're forced to put Accuracy on everyone just to sludge through brainless busywork that only exists for the sake of grinding.

At least A1 had a decent twist in its story, A2 doesn't even have that, nobody fucking talks about it because it's a hot mess of a game that looks, runs and plays awful.

Persona 3, I'm getting my shit kicked in by the floor 36 boss, I think I'm going to rest and buy a wind-resist item before fighting him again

Before this battle level up an Apsaras until she learns Posmudi, then fuse her with a Nekomata and you win.

i definitely don't remember any money problems so that's one on you
i loved the bazaar and the weird items you have to get to buy whatever equipment you want, it was a huge step up from generic boring ass shops where you just unlocked stuff with progression
ap grinding is tedious but like i said i'm pretty sure there's a couple of ways to cheese it
auctions are annoying at first but once you win champions for life it's over
not sure what's the problem with race being class locks or there being overlap, race is just a flavor thing and if the overlap's useless, then great, i don't need to pay attention to it
accuracy made battles unnecessarily slow, i'll give you that, hated missing all the time

Valkyria Chromicles 2 and 3 are good too but those are probably best emulated at this point

No

Which JRPGs have the best story? I'm so sick of generic fantasy and predictable friendship saves the day garbage.

Atelier Ayesha. I have about 8 months left and I've finished just about everything I can do. I just need to wait until I can continue with Linca's events.
Had a really weird bug with Regina's last event where you're supposed to deliver 3 adhesion jellies where instead I had to deliver like 60 pieces from the lumber category. I was worried that it would mess up the event or the rest of the game somehow, but everything has been normal up to that point and from then on.

Mother 3

>I'm so sick of generic fantasy
Start looking for another genre.

Dragon Quest XI

Tales of Vesperia. Trying to make Estelle work as a melee fighter, but Raven runs out of TP quickly if he's alone on healing duty. Any advice? Should I pick Karol "Nice Aid Smash" Capel as a party member? Will using Cavalry allow me to get out a Nurse (or soon Nightingale) to keep up with healing?
Currently playing on Hard by the way, about to enter the Manor of the wicked.

Attached: mugen_contemplating.png (480x320, 38K)

Its an ok game.
Main Protag is shit tough because hes that generic overly nice protag that helps everyone, no questions asked.

I'm near the end of Ao no Kiseki

Attached: 57229226_p0.png (1600x900, 783K)

>I'm so sick of generic fantasy and predictable friendship saves the day garbage.
Invest in the SaGa series, you'll probably enjoy the Frontier duology the most.

Replaying Radiant Historia.

>I'm so sick of generic fantasy and predictable friendship saves the day garbage.
Which JRPGs that you played had these?

DUDE JUST CTRL+Z HALF THE GAME LMAO

Its sad when newer atelier games never have any real romance.
Pretty much closest romance in Arland series is Mimis obsession with Totori.

Final Fantasy 4 on the SNES for the first time. I'm just trying to save Cid. What am I in for lads?

Playing the wrong version because english snes version is gimped in difficulty like mad.

Kamidori.

Attached: 21.png (1024x576, 924K)

Extremely low IQ post

You can hack it to play it uncensored.

>played all of trails of cold steel
>liked it
>played through 1/3 of trails of cold steel 2
>got bored immedietly
I feel like I should give it another try but ugh I fucking hate the combat and progression system, can I jump into 3 without having finished 2?

Xenogears

Some say you can't/shouldn't even jump into Cold Steel because there's an overarching story spanning five games before Cold Steel alone.

FfX

I dunno, the first one was pretty straightforward, there is a lot of history clearly but most of it is explained well enough

That's about how long I lasted before dropping it too. Most generic trash I've ever played.

the censorship makes it better fuck yeah spats

How does anyone have the time to sit through 5 retardedly long games before playing CS 1 and 2 which are also fucking stupidly long?

>anime tropes and 2deep4u trash
>good story

>no afro

Haha...

The kino game

Attached: A4C5FE3C-DE87-4C69-AF78-B74A6C66A799.jpg (640x1138, 56K)

Show me your yakuza collection Yea Forumsro

kyaaaaa he fuck me naked

>that helps himself to everyone, no questions asked
FTFY

You don't "sit through" them. You play them and enjoy them or drop them if they're not your type of games. A lot of people seem to find the slice of life like atmosphere of the Sky games boring while I enjoyed them from start to finish. I don't understand why people who go "FC starts getting good by the end of the game" continued playing the game for so long if they didn't enjoy it.

???

Using 2deep4u only insults yourself

Probably because they were promised that SC was going to be better, which may lead into a sunken cost fallacy scenario.

>The other Summon Night on DS is great too.
I never knew that one was translated. Another game to add the the backlog.

literally that one OP
on the vita, of course

No point in buying P5 when P5R is on the way.

are there any boys in DT to begin with?

Dragon Quest V. You get to pick a wife and have kids with them after lots of suffering.

Which Atelier games is this?
I have Arland, Sophie and Firis all on my psvita backlog. I plan to play them on vita, but are they all as completely downgraded as this?

DQXI

Attached: Dragon Quest XI Screenshot 2019.05.04 - 19.18.49.67.png (1920x1080, 3.27M)