Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B_MW65XxS7s
youtube.com/watch?v=ZgPCKazn_Mc
youtube.com/watch?v=k2KNcOmDm5E
youtu.be/R0pmT1rUytw?t=654
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So this is the movie that ruined FF7.

pretty much

i remember being hyped to watch this when announced but never got around to it, is it a trainwreck?

It's a fucking fan fiction.

And it created a whole generation who didnt even play the game, but loved this film (for some reason)

The same types of people who want a FF7 remake, because they couldnt be bothered to play the original in the first place

Best rendition coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=B_MW65XxS7s

the movie is bad, but the fight scenes are pretty well done

Attached: limit.webm (1280x720, 2.65M)

>tfw waited two decades for a decent orchestral rendition of Decisive Battle

Attached: DFF2015_Tidus.jpg (578x797, 109K)

I've never understood why this is such a fan favorite from FF7. Is it because it's the only track with choir on it so it's more epic?

Uematsu has said that he wrote the song in parts so it's a disjointed mess by construction. Never liked it.
Jenova is better.

>ruined

How?
The movie was awesome.

Nothing wrong with that. FF7 is outdated with that turn based crap that nobody likes except old timers.

For me it's a pretty good popcorn movie. As a sequel to FFVII it's not great (though it has a few decent fanservice moments) but I really like the action scenes. The animation has held up a lot better than Spirits Within, I think. Make sure it's the Complete version and not the original.

No, that was spirits within.
Which i quite liked.

It's a great spectacle. But it pretty much sent Cloud's character to shit because it made him a brooding emo cunt, when he never was anything of the sort. It is also Nomura's brainchild, so the plot retcons shit from the original game.

And I'm ok with that.

Attached: 1556002534691.webm (640x360, 2.96M)

I liked this scene because it was storytelling through choreography/fight scene.
Cloud uses Omnislash, the move he killed Sephiroth with at the end of FF7, but since this is the second time he uses the move against Sephiroth, he just effortlessly blocks it and fucks up Cloud royally with his own counter Octaslash.
I found it to be quite a good scene as a result of that, and not just because it was pretty.

Complete is the best one though.
Regular AC OWA has absolutely shit mixing where guitars are over emphasized and orchestra is completely drowned out.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZgPCKazn_Mc

Link?

If you think AC was bad you should play Dirge of Cerberus.

Not a FF fan but I watched this movie at my friend's house who's a huge JRPG fag. Why did Rufus throw Jenova's head out of a skyscraper window and then leap after it, just to shoot it with his gun on the way down? I'm serious, explain it to me.

AC is completely harmless, what said, Dirge is the pure cancer.
It introduced all the Hojo, Vincent and most importantly fucking GACKT CANCER extended universe bullshit.

both are shit, AC is fanwank garbage and DoC is just trash

I really like the original version and feel like the remixes miss the point. You have a mix of the military procession, horn, piano, bell, and flute that are staples of the whole game's soundtrack, and then of course you have the choir. I don't know if I would call it disjointed but they are kind of at war with each other. They're all trying to get their piece in. The military procession encapsulates Sephiroth's Shinra roots. The flute represents the forces of good and sounds outright desperate at times. The piano (mixed with a bit of strings) is Jenova. The choir expands on "Those Chosen by the Planet" which is basically Sephiroth's theme.

All in all it makes for a solid climactic boss theme.

But it had hover scooters
youtube.com/watch?v=k2KNcOmDm5E

>AC is fanwank garbage and DoC is just trash
DoC is fanwank garbate too, it's just that it couldn't get it right unlike AC which had cool fight scenes.

He was stalling for time to foil Kadaj's plans but ran out of time as Kadaj got pissed and was going to kill him soon.
So Rufus baits Kadaj with the head, throwing it and thus causing Kadaj to run after it, only to then fucking shoot it in an attempt to destroy it before Kadaj can get it.
Nothing hard to understand about that scene.

youtu.be/R0pmT1rUytw?t=654

Nice, did they release the concert on DVD/Bluray so I can rip it in high quality?

Is cloud stronger than noctis?

Attached: Frank-Zappa.jpg (980x653, 82K)

Nomura is a master of little autistic details like that. He's pretty much the definition of "missing the forest for the trees".

Must be misremembering it then. I don't remember Kadaj doing shit, I remember Rufus tossing the head and then basking in the stunned silence for a minute before jumping after it alone. Honestly why not just shoot the head where you're standing either way? Guess that's not as cool

AC didn't do any extended universe bullshit that let to Compilation of FF7 cancer.
Dirge literally STARTED the Compilation shit.
All the trash retcons and shit added to FF7 later on is all because of Dirge.
AC was entirely self-contained and wraps up its entire plotline on its own with no bullshit and as such was just harmless fanservice and CGI showoff.

I dunno, I didn't think you'd want a rip of a bluray DVD flac if you could just find the album.

DVD and Bluray both have high quality enough audio where it doesn't matter, but obviously I'll use Bluray if I can find it. Thanks anyway.

How would a brainlet like you even know who Frank Zappa is? Talking power level bullshit, gtfo.

I know what you mean but it just sounds weird that you'd want the audio directly from the Bluray-DVD (they're both one and the same) when albums exist.

Nah.
Rufus stalls Kadaj while the rest of the crew is fighting Bahamut Sin.
Eventually Kadaj gets enough of Rufus' shit and stalling which Rufus realizes is his cue to get the fuck away from there.
So he distracts Kadaj with the head, throws it (with Kadaj jumping after it) and then shoots it as Kadaj is reaching for it (blowing the head just slightly out of his hand's reach during the fall).
Kadaj eventually grabs it but only after Rufus filled with full of holes.

That doesn't contradict anything of what I said though, I agree. The statement "both AC and DoC are shit" doesn't convey the reality that DoC is much shittier than AC (even if they both suck as far as story goes).

I take it you're just unaware that many of the FF concert releases are DVD/Bluray only?
There is no CD album version of some of the Distant Worlds concerts for example.
Seeing as I never heard of CD album version of this one, I'm confident it's probably another DVD/Bluray only release.

i loved this movie and i've never played ff7

How could you know that?

That's like saying Amazon and Spotify never accumulate sales on these kinds of things.

AC story is shitty sure, but my point is that AC is harmless, doesn't retcon shit, is entirely self contained and is just fanservice.
Dirge and everything that came as a result of it is straight up cancer and tens of times magnitude worse than AC.

Because I fucking have over 300GB of FF albums and music and know how fucking judaistic Square Enix is, it's called experience with age.

It was responsible for people thinking Cloud was always some emo mopey faggot which he wasnt prior. And it also takes away the uncertainty that anybody survived Holy at the end of FF7.

It was fine for fanservice, but a pretty typical clusterfuck anime storyline that didnt need to happen.
Still better than Dirge or Crisis Core's storyline though

>pokes

I don't think they would host concerts specifically to an insular community of DVD enthusiasts.

Based

The flying swordfighting was fucking stupid

Crisis Core was alright if you remove Genesis.

Spirits Within wouldve been a lot better if they didnt put the "Final Fantasy" title on it. Everyone expected Chocobos and dragons and swords and shit. Instead we got a pretty decent alien sci fi movie, but people were disappointed.

All you have to do is google instead of proving what an ignorant imbecile you are in this thread.

I don't want to google because I don't need to pontificate with you. My comprehension of English doesn't need validation from a marksman on an imageboard faggot.

You are extremely autistic, but you're not wrong.

>And it also takes away the uncertainty that anybody survived Holy at the end of FF7.
There was no uncertainty, we literally see the crew happily fly off on the Highwind AFTER the Holy cutscene.

I liked playing as Vinnie and there were some alright moments. But yeah everything else was pure trash.

3/10

Noticing obvious details is autism now?

Kadaj was technically made of Jenova cells. He was incomplete though so he needed more to help reach his full potential, thats why he needed the head, which was the only part left. Rufus threw it to have Kadaj fuck off.

Thats probably for the best. Its hard to watch something with a shittier storyline than the original. But you never played the original so your fine

No. Zack was alright. Genesis, Hollander, Angeal, and all that shit was garbage

No they don't.
Do I have to explain something you can watch yourself on YouTube?

You missed my point. They survived Sephiroth. Not necessarily Holy. Holy had the power to wipe out anything that was a harm to the planet. Buganhagen explains that humans have been harming the planet so Holy might destroy humankind as well as the Meteor. Thats why the ending cutscene is them watching the Holy explosion and then fade to white. The ending is left open, that is until AC.

You shit on the heavy emphasis on the guitar and call it bad mixing and then post KETTLE DRUMS DROWN OUT EVERYTHING: THE SONG.

That was awful. The impact of half the fun bits from the AC rendition are completely lost by the kettles droning endlessly over it all.

Never played a FF but i loved this movie when i was a kid
Does Cloud Bangs Tifa or the flower girl?
Whos the Guy on the flashback?
Why does that beta retard turns into Sephiroth?
Is Cloud emo in the games?

Nah dude, I think his name was tight ass

Attached: guaranteed replies.gif (400x225, 1.87M)

No way, fag
His idol and the guy he was engineered into believing he actually was, but he wasn't
CELLS
Emphatically no

WHAT
No way Cloud don't bang Tifa

Sephiroth doing the "im such a genius - oh no" face is so good here