Who's your Smash main? Why?

Who's your Smash main? Why?

Attached: 1557010902184.jpg (600x800, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/7481555
vocaroo.com/i/s1dQd3BNsn1v
youtube.com/watch?v=5sehZQ9JsBM
youtube.com/watch?v=sfQ75gr2znA
youtube.com/watch?v=H5jNlLbTN5w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this fucking ape
he's fast, heavy, fun to control, has good spike potential, has great taunts, doesn't have any bullshit moves and I love his games

Attached: 1534893105258.gif (320x300, 221K)

Incineroar because of how expressive and toony he is, very fun to play and his power up counter feels so good to pull off and stack

Attached: Incineroar.webm (640x360, 652K)

You posted her. I love the way she plays and she's by far my best character. Her damage output can get insane with Deep Breathing.

I can't bring myself to play him with all the crazy swordies and spacies that can launch you and keep you in the air forever after a gentle breeeze, his hurt boxes just feel way too big

Palutena. She's my favourite Nintendo character and I like zoners with simple projectiles in general. Palutena is exactly that.

Mr. Game and Watch. Because he's such a fun extreme, the ultimate glass cannon, probably one of my favourite examples of a glass cannon style fighter in a fighting game, and a really awesome and unique visual gimmick.

Submains are Ridley and Inkling just cause they're fun as shit and awesome/cute and really represent the characters well.

Attached: 1541974852796.gif (600x200, 258K)

Ridley, Captain Falcon, Ike, Snake, Mewtwo

They're fun

Attached: 1427867133766.jpg (768x768, 65K)

In 64 it's Samus but I never really play it. Melee it's Sheik and Zelda since she's such a strong character and having two in one is really fun. I'm pretty confident in my ability to get kills with Zelda. Brawl and Smash 4 aren't worth playing anymore. Ultimate idk yet. I've really only had fun with Squirtle and I'm not as worried about maining or winning in that game in its current state.

Attached: 30771111_p0.jpg (600x900, 86K)

No character feels like a bigger bully

Attached: 1545038595536.png (1024x576, 786K)

Dark Samus. I’ve always played samus since I picked up smash originally. She feels floaty and quick but still retains the weight of a heavy. And she has a pretty good range of moves

Haven't played Ultimate but if I did it'd be Bowser Jr. or Duck Hunt

in Melee is Doc

You didn't even care about this character before Smash/Uprising for you c, fuck off fake fan

More Wii Fit Trainer pls

Pic related because he was my main in 4. There I decided to pick him up after getting a huge kick out of annoying my friends with fruit spam.

Other main is DDD for UNGA BUNGA online as well as actually being able to taunt with him. A well placed smash attack/jet hammer just feels so good.

Attached: 3d58792082e8d70fd91bb033e5ec8124.png (1024x1171, 2.12M)

>Samus
>Falco
I love Metroid and Starfox and their playstyles have been fluid for me for years.

Attached: 491597a99b250c9d17c44c13fc3af2a0.jpg (700x700, 73K)

Snake. Everyone thought he was based as fuck at launch until he started dominating tournaments so now everyone thinks he's annoying and cringe.

Attached: The Various Balls.webm (864x486, 2.93M)

Fanart is cancer.

Not too into the meta of this game, but I pick Dedede the most. Is he a pleb choice?

Some shitters on Yea Forums will hate you because you picked a heavyweight, but online he's not that bad.

I liked Uprising and liked Palutena in it, then I wanted her in Smash and she got in and I love it. Is there a problem?

Fuck everyone, I've been playing Snake since brawl.

Mess. I played him in 64 cuz I had no idea who he was and he had a weird moveset. I wondered who he was for like a whole summer, went online at the library and looked it up. Then I played Earthbound and loved it. Then Ness was bottom tier for two games but I stuck by him. Then he got buffed two games in a row and he's never been more fun. I miss DJC and his headbutt but he's such dirty fun to combo with. Everyone expects PK Fire>Down throw>fair but then you hit them with the dair>up air>bair>PK Thunder 2 and get that early first stock.

Ness.* Christ, I see why people hate phoneposters.

Croc Daddy

G&W and Palutena
Dunno, I just played better with them

I predominantly play K. Rool and Ridley. I've loved the both of them for a long time and I'm glad they're so much fun to play now that they're finally in. I also started picking up this bitch recently.

Attached: she.gif (268x350, 1.14M)

I main Gruntilda.

Attached: gruntilda_by_malquark-d5nn4ue.png (800x1100, 566K)

He's fun as fuck to play as. Plus godlike edgeguarding and amazing zoning. Any other Skillager mains?

Attached: JPEG_20190228_121122-1.jpg (370x370, 28K)

This dude.

Attached: 1555550289054.png (1756x2479, 2.39M)

I play Ness cuz I like easy wins against plebs and fun rounds against pros.

Attached: LILL' MAC BACK WITH A BRAND NEW TRACK.png (720x792, 305K)

I have wanting to main everybody syndromes

>Ryu/Ken
Kick ass combos that you have to work for.
>Inciniroar
Basically just Armor King from Tekken as a Pokémon.
>Ridley
HOUSE REAL BIG

fixed it for you

Attached: i_467434.jpg (3000x2000, 883K)

I had that too until I played this game. It basically means your main isn't in the game yet, there's nobody who's got that perfect blend of aesthetics, source material and gameplay.

Nice choice

Attached: 33012BF9-508A-4FB6-8253-F2D1041EA0FF.png (1600x1920, 1.13M)

also Ice Climbers and Isabelle

Attached: zard1.jpg (640x480, 100K)

Ivysaur is one of my favorite pokemon and he actually made it into Smash. I enjoy his moveset as well.

Attached: Du-3LbDUUAADEUB.jpg (1200x675, 110K)

corrin
feet

They added sheik into the game.

Attached: joker___persona_5__by_briciocl_dct41bg-pre.jpg (754x1060, 84K)

Little Mac because he's fun and I really like Punch-Out!!.

cuz the 9

Attached: 250px-Mr._Game_&_Watch_SSB4.png (250x250, 26K)

The Luke

Attached: eyebrows.gif (500x292, 17K)

Agreed. Although his Dair is cancer along with Usmash. Cancer meaning how fun it is to land them

Jigglypuff

Got a soft spot for adorable things.

Attached: jigbow.jpg (1500x1500, 168K)

based and gamepilled

Forgot to post why: Because killing people with PK Freeze makes me orgasm

Attached: 1548335316176.jpg (292x300, 14K)

This. I especially like seeing adorable things kick the shit out of hulking monstrosities

wario, am a PMfag who only plays aggressive and i feel most comfortable doing that with this based fat bastard

Attached: waguy.jpg (1252x1321, 541K)

unironically joker, I like how quicc he is and his combo game
>bandwagonfag
I had no intention of even playing him that often until the gameplay reveal

Peach's always been fun to use in smash since melee. Daisy is a cool bonus.

Attached: peach persona.jpg (1000x1000, 246K)

oh fug

this episode

didn't he just keep using flamethrower then get sad then just pulled his head out and killed everybody?

why in the fuck is only half of indigo league on netflix?

Attached: f5caeee3ca3260f08d10451d2c3fb0d3a807230aa24c4adf68f8a8686bab888f.jpg (480x254, 12K)

good

Attached: 1424496019087.jpg (400x580, 64K)

REMINDER

If you didn't know your main before Smash, you are a fake fan and doesn't deseve to main that character.

Fuck zoomers

Captain Falcon because he's Captain Falcon
K Rool because he's a big fat piece of shit who doesn't give a fuck

> You didn't like Palutena before Uprising!
Who did? Who unironically did?
Liking Palutena before Uprising is roughly equivalent to liking Pauline before Mario Odyssey. She was a sprite with subzero importance beyond being there at the end of the game until she was fleshed out a little. Fuck off with your dumb hipster mentality.

Pikachu. Because im one in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Attached: D4XRBZXUUAEujge.jpg (1200x1500, 137K)

> Liking Pauline before Mario Odyssey
Unironically kill yourself zoomer, she was in the Mario vs Donkey Kong games as well

Same here. I don't care about how others play, it's just so fun to catch opponents with an unexpected mine or grenade.

Attached: 41e268c5a30aab3df35716e45f3f74c4.jpg (500x354, 41K)

Joker because I'm a huge filthy SMT fan. I wish he had more going for him

Oh, my mistake. I guess three lines of dialog and three extra sprites from completely fucking irrelevant first party shovelware makes all the difference.
I notice that the difference between Palutena and Pauline is that Palutena had absolutely nothing between the game where she was vaguely brought into existence and the game where she was fleshed out into an actual character. Pauline at least had half a step. Gee, it's almost like "liking Palutena before Uprising" is a literally arbitrary qualifier that you only spout so you can claim to be the only """true fan""" in existence.
Eat a bag of dicks.

I just love the mindgames and all the setups you can do with Snake. It's a great feeling reading your opponents and absolutely destroying them. No other character in smash gives me the same satisfaction as playing Snake.

Attached: war has changed.png (397x372, 366K)

Mr. Game & Watch because I just love the style and couldn't resist with the loving new animations they gave him

Attached: c5af6f8ef254fd1a576456037c5dcdd8ca6f1ea6r1-1280-720v2_hq.jpg (1024x576, 32K)

> No argument
Kill yourself Uprising zoomer

>Peach
>Because I warmed up to her back in Melee and have stuck with her ever since

Marth and Royfags btfo.
I cut it real fucking close but I remember seeing Corrin on Yea Forums and looking it up before anyone in the game even had English names.

Attached: 1555970601977.png (680x685, 291K)

Roy, because Young Link's fast fall timing is weird to me, otherwise it'd be Young Link, hell I'm still good enough with Young Link that even without optimal fast falling after aerials, he's about equal to my Roy.
Joker might become a main for me, but I have to wait until the next time everyone in my group of friends is able to hang out again, so I can see how I do with him in some real matches. At the very least, he's definitely a secondary.

Richter because I want him to fuck me.

Also he is fun, the whip is severely underrated and overshadowed by the projectiles.

Attached: 3BF4C217-2F60-4DC4-B7AF-75662EB744C1.jpg (675x740, 151K)

Ganondorf since melee because most of his iterations were challenging because he typically was one of not-so-good characters in the game. The sword is fun, and his nair game is great. Doriyah.

Lately I've been playing more Bayonetta. I liked her games a lot but was disappointed she was a cancerous piece of shit in Smash 4. In Smash Ultimate she actually feels pretty under powered, Ganon feels considerably faster. It is really frustrating at times with how they took her from being top tier to trash, but that is why I mained Ganon for almost 20 years.

I don't try to play under powered characters for purely the sake of my own arrogance, I don't think I'm very good at Smash, but I like the sense of achievement of pulling off wins with a handicap. Okay maybe it is arrogance.

I want to learn how to play Wii Fit. How do I play her?

Ken
Nobody else feels satisfying to play after learning him

Attached: 4-Ken-Masters.jpg (500x670, 83K)

King K. Rool, because he is fun

No, this is a special from the 1st or 2nd movie. Ash, Misty and Brock leave their pokemon in an amusement park or something and Charizard gets his head stuck in a pipe.

Zelda because she cute

Attached: 1556934980226.jpg (1200x675, 77K)

based

What's there to argue? Palutena as a character did not exist before Uprising. She was a sprite and a couple lines of text. It's on the level of saying you like Error from Zelda 2.

How do you play him? I was trying him out but couldn't really get a feel for him and couldn't figure out what his kill moves were.

Use Deep Breathing as regularly as you can manage without going out of your way. Always make sure you have it before you use Sun Salutation or her up smash, they're fucking devastating with it up. Also, footballs.

tfw no beefy vampire hunter bf to cuddle with you
why live

Attached: 1548684569505.jpg (900x507, 97K)

>footballs

Attached: 1050115.jpg (640x480, 30K)

Learn your starters, learn your extenders, learn your finishers, mix and match based on percent/weight/character matchup
Kill moves are shoryu, midair medium shoryu, roundhouse, fmash and upsmash, jab jab shoryu or a light tilt into shoryu is definitely the most common kill
Neutral options are typically jump in nair, jump in grab, run up tilts, spacing heavy ftilts with a lot of focus on spacing and whiff punishing
Expect to drop simple inputs for like a month and throw games because your shoryu didn't come out after a confirm

Attached: 1550043882213.gif (320x245, 1.89M)

>spacing heavy ftilts
meant light, the kick
kick is based

I have no main and I must scream.
I wanna git gud with Bayo though. It's a waking nightmare compared to most of the cast.

yoshi for no reason haha i was just curious

Zelda but with brown hair because TP Zelda is literal perfection and I'm slightly mad about them not including her despite having 99% of the same animations (taunts were slightly different).

Attached: TeAKIAZ.jpg (1700x2300, 328K)

Dark Samus
originally played her because "haha i wanna fuck the literal monster meme" but she's actually really fun and I like her design anyways

Attached: 613.jpg (1800x2400, 1.94M)

I've taken a liking to the plant lately. Spiky ball and the stretch are fun.

Attached: plant.jpg (1038x576, 71K)

Because you don't spend over a decade waiting for a character to get in and then decide to main some other character when the game comes out. He's also a ton of fun.

Attached: Ridley in Smash.jpg (800x617, 86K)

Unironically mained DH since release but Game & Watch is just overall better. DH just feels like a joke character.

When they nerfed his clay pigeon, that was it for me.

Ridley. Not a Metroid fan, but his moveset just clicked with me. Super fun. Trainer and Mewtwo are pretty cool too

Lucina because she's my waifu.

Attached: 1534369380460.jpg (900x700, 81K)

R.O.B
O
B

The clay pigeon is such a weird change. It’s not like it was even exploitable. I actually think they should allow you to toss it closer or farther based on how you hold the analog

finally someone with intelligence about duck hunt. not that there are many of us out there, but holy fuck how can you nerf the one character who barely has anything going for him, yet keep the Links, Belmonts, etc; all in tact.

Is it too early to call myself a Joker main? I'm a huge Persona guy and I love his implementation, plus I enjoy Shiek and he feels like her but better.

Attached: 1556488649915.png (2048x1457, 3.53M)

Zero Suit Samus

Extreme agility on the ground and air, solid and satisfying attacks, tits, and ass.

BEEP BIP BEEP.

BEEEP BEEPBEEP, BEEP BEEP BEEEEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BIP.

Attached: ED9E9B04-20B2-4A56-8125-60A74BC1229E.png (250x250, 16K)

How about Samus?

people were complaining that you could chain 3-4 of them and even then it was a struggle to land. you know who gets to keep his chain of bull shit though? ness.

Just bought it and i'm so shit bros? how do i get good. I keep loosing to the challenger approaching

Attached: 1551590769560.jpg (664x955, 188K)

mains: Ike, Link, Megaman. Ike because FE9 was my favorite FE game, and one of my all-time favourite games, Link because I got super into zelda for a while as a teenager, and Megaman because of the hype from 4.

When I feel like dicking around or my opponent is bad, I swap over to marth, WFT, and Wah.

based

You are still able to do it by catching someone after they use their last jump but there are better things to do with it anyways like following with an aerial to launch them off stage and start edgeguarding.

Clay Pigeon is still good, only thing it needs is a taller Hitbox to hit small characters.

I bet you also think he got worse with the Trickshot power reduction on Shields

Attached: A00C42A3-02C7-43AB-A72A-02EAB56AB73E.jpg (1462x1178, 1.02M)

Brothers

Not a fan. Don't have a hatred, just not for me.

I think I just like characters that look smug as fuck.

A better recovery would be nice. It's literally an all-around weaker version of K Rools

These two because I like being the FAT UGLY BASTARD to all Lucina/Palutena/Peach/Daisy/Rosalina/Robin/Corrin/Zelda players

Attached: BROS.jpg (1280x1280, 403K)

PAC-MAN
Mained him in 4, turned out to have a silly, lovable playstyle. Happy with how he's been treated so far in Ultimate.
Seconds are Icies and Dedede for the same reasons

Attached: 1556987815965.gif (640x360, 491K)

Okay, I thought you were someone I knew who mained DH, GW, and Purple Samus.

yeah I'm a bandwagon fag but, I've never had more fun playing smash

Attached: godsgifttogaming.png (1200x600, 999K)

I didn't expect to main him in 4, but he was too fun to not use. My secondary Lucas is about on the same level now, but I just love pressing buttons with best bot.

Reminder that if you're not ending matches with an up tilt on screen, you're not playing him right.
:)

Attached: 1555957007900.jpg (692x1050, 191K)

Game & Watch, with secondaires Mii Gunner and Ganondorf.

I just really like G&W all around. He's so fucking goofy (his new walk animation is so perfect) and I just.. really like him. I don't know how else to explain it other than I just genuinely love his kit, moveset, taunts, everything.

Mii Gunner and Ganondorf are both just fun to play.

God I just really love Game and Watch. What a silly, adorable little goofball. I wonder if there are plushies of him?

Attached: walkan.gif (151x200, 112K)

Pit: is an adorable dork and I love him and his game. Probably my favourite videogame character

Mewtwo: I like Pokémon and Mewtwo is the only Pokémon I have fun playing as

Inkling: I’m a Splatoonfag. I almost never use her because she’s too overpowered

Sometimes I use Isabelle, Villager and PP but I don’t main them. I use them for fun

Attached: 389DA185-7692-428D-856C-EECA46E1CCC6.jpg (430x550, 42K)

ULTIMATE BASED: (This does not mean your character is not BASED, these are just merely ULTIMATE BASED) ((In no particular order))
Captain Falcon
Pac-Man
ROB
Mr. G&W
Ridley
Dr. Mario
Snake
Little Mac
Mega-Man
Samus
Simon/Richter
Plant

You can still chain, it's just easier for everyone to jump/air dodge out. The clay pigeon is mainly used for killing; clay pigeon into bair. I don't care about the trickshot really especially since it has a mind of its own. I still main the shit head it just sucks that he could be better and they choose for him not to be.

I also feel like I'm the highest GSP Duck Hunt so that makes me feel a little better.

What’s your GSP?

Peach because I love pink

that's a pretty nice penis you got there

Attached: 1429132571531.jpg (625x352, 52K)

I've also bested [online] Nairo's Ganon, Palu and Cloud.

it works.

>you are a fake fan and doesn't deseve to main that character
>you doesn't
>deseve
fucking good one

I'm sure Game and Watch mains will be devastated.
Wait a second. Is anyone born after fucking 1970 a zoomer now? Yeah, right. As usual, get the fuck over yourself.

>Implying anyone knew who was Captain Falcon before Smash and out of Smash

I love her

Attached: 7cfda35b2e5c58614f25f0c1d9f607df.jpg (420x591, 46K)

He was my most wanted but I thought, reasonably, that he'd never get in.
I was happily wrong, and his playstyle fits my own like a glove. What a good fucking character.

Attached: 8949370.jpg (850x1115, 114K)

faggot

Was a little kid playing Smash and thought Samus looked so cool. A little later found out she was a girl(before Brawl was released I think), and thought it was even cooler how her being a girl didnt factor into what made her feel so cool to me. It's how I got introduced to Metroid as a whole, with Zero Mission as my first game. It's been my favorite vidya series ever since
Mained her in every smash game so far, dont plan on stopping any time soon

Attached: a6e532ce-f240-4685-af52-48851d9c980e.png (1324x1589, 1.05M)

I had the comic insert that came with the SNES game.

And she can be played in a ton of various styles
Zoning, off-ledge, aerial juggle, ground comboing

Bowser because i have a fucking boner every time i choose him

Attached: 4CFB134D-AD01-4CC0-8037-AFA1D82ED06D.jpg (530x960, 59K)

but that's gay

None of those are inherently seperate
She is fun to play though

Attached: F-Skyballs.webm (864x486, 977K)

I wanted for years for this fat croc to get in. He's my eternal main.

Attached: 1553957973231.gif (227x161, 907K)

Doesnt the ball auto target onto your opponent

No. They're very specific arcs from each hit.

No, it goes off at an angle that’s determined by when you hit B again
The sooner you hit it, the longer the arc

That's only when you're hitting it with your head. After that initial moment the rules are different.

Also, now in Ultimate, the ball persists past when you hit it the first time
Which leads to hilarious situations of people blocking against the ball, it bounces back, they rush in and get hit in the head by it

A lasting hitbox

I love Animal Crossing and they both have cheeky shit in their kits. Pocket in general is a lot of fun, as are turnip spikes.

Tend to play Villager more, but I play as both.

Attached: 4CAE5BEC-7311-4B69-AE83-C9CF49F9F7BB.gif (800x600, 285K)

sauce?

This fuckable qt

Attached: zeldabluedress.jpg (1920x1080, 260K)

It’s on R34

If anyone wants a challenge against my main (or whoever happens to beat me)

East Coast
3 stock, 7 min
1v1
ID: 818HY
Pass: 555

Attached: 1555556171763.gif (500x543, 571K)

She's my main. I love beating my try-hard friends who use characters like Captain Falcon or Fox.

Attached: fit.jpg (680x625, 61K)

Alrighty first match of the day, let's see how this goes

Inkling and Kirby are my to go too characters. Kirby solely cause he was the first character I ever played when I first touched Smash Bros and Inkling because I'm just a fan of Splatoon in general though for the love of god Sakurai just give me my Octoling Echo

Attached: the_horrors_of_turf_war.jpg (819x1200, 142K)

>try-hard
>captain falcon
While I want to agree with you, because of how shit he is in ulti, he's kind of come full-circle and is what I consider a "based pick"

Soooo we allowing counterpick stages or what

I use Ike or Cloud since I like Great Swords. Too bad Cloud doesn't play heavy like Ike.

Attached: cloud-choco-01.jpg (564x582, 56K)

Never really played her seriously until Ulti; I don't know why but I've been having a ton of fun to the point where I've decided to main her full time

Attached: ssss.png (435x687, 401K)

prime dsl

whats up with these stages

I wanted my boy to get in more than any other character but I thought it would never happen. I was so happy during E3 and love his new design. He's not great but it's definitely possible to make him work, just watch people like Trela.

Attached: 1543874018041.png (969x951, 636K)

My friend often picks the gold skin

blue dress zelda is best zelda

>Shulk main since 4's launch
>go to local tournament at community college
>destroy everyone and become the grand champion
>half of them bitching at me that they don't understand how he works
the best part is that I don't even consider Smash a fighting game - I just play it for fun with my brothers on a daily basis and got pretty good at it

Attached: xb-shulk-and-monado.jpg (950x1425, 145K)

>Didn't know who Samus was before Smash
>Played my first Smash game at a very young age
What the fuck do you want me to do

Nevermind, carry on.

Marth. Because I unlocked him in melee as a kid. Was one of my proudest moments.

>"i wanna fuck the literal monster"
>posts autistic zero suit dark samus
>not realizing that dark samus can't take the suit off
>not realizing that dark samus is better with the suit on anyway
>the zero suit dark samus image ignores the personality of dark samus and replaces it with generic anime girl

it's a meme, user

this is the first game where samus is actually fun

Based as fuck
Fuck these fake ass fans posting off-model and canon garbage.

Slowly but surely learning the wft matchup
Also you shouldnt have left custom stages on if they bother you

Attached: 200px-Samus-Taunt-SSBM.gif (200x149, 175K)

Sorry.
Had to close it due to sheer mental retardation.

Good ones don't.

made a new arena
ID:G1H2S
Pass:147

My brain doesn't release dopamine if I win with anyone else

Attached: 1545527096128.jpg (800x449, 66K)

What a chad smile
I love Ken but he just feels weird
Having Ryu and Ken face the opponent in 1v1s makes me drop inputs so much when I'm trying to do specials
Ryu/Ken is my secondary, though, just like with 4

Can you give a man a source?

Hmm seems like wft's framedata basically beats out Samus's everything

that header spike into ball was beautiful.

I don't mind the auto facing, it's the buffering that makes it obnoxious
>run offstage
>dair spike someone
>negative edge buffers a shoryu

Attached: 1429152571531.jpg (900x608, 84K)

chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/7481555

Attached: v.jpg (943x1000, 138K)

oh damn nice shield break really bad punish though.

Hazards on ruins this stage, my b

Can't reliably go for bomb->dair in online

Jigglypuff because I've enjoyed her lightweight air-focused playstyle since 64. Also, because I'm a degenerate who finds her attractive.

Attached: 86007f7c5ef4be1825a1a8ac788640787aa921a3.jpg (435x615, 45K)

It's sometimes good because you can mash down tilt and it traps people automatically when they switch sides, but other times, it screws me because I Tatsu off stage when I want to back air

fsmash at the ledge

rip sd going to hard offstage

>tfw you take someone's stock with a smash attack
>tfw hearing "You're wobbling, try to keep your balance" as they get launched up and hit the screen

Attached: 1551158655813.png (650x650, 10K)

yeah, it's worth getting used to using the c-stick for aerials offstage unless you plan on purposefully using negative edge for like an on stage dair > med shoryu

Battlefield is the surest way to kill me.
Platforms are very shit in this game.

Attached: wft.png (195x222, 50K)

Any time I run into one of the links on any battlefield stage, I just give up.

I decide who I play dependent on how much ass they eat. I only play characters at Eats A Fair Amount Of Ass and above.

Attached: Ass_Eaters.png (980x806, 889K)

God damn ZSS is so slippery, in a good way. Wish I could play her at a high enough level

Any Mario mains in here?

There's nothing more chad than playing the face of Nintendo and dunking on people.

Mario is for chads only.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

>all my characters are in this list

Attached: 525143-t10.gif.jpg (320x320, 9K)

give her a whirl dude she's pretty fun once you stop sd-ing.

His fair is still one of the most satisfying moves to land, but they've done something to him between Melee to 4/Ultimate that indescribably irks the shit out of me. I think it's maybe the gimped up smash range, and perhaps the relative uselessness of the cape now that so many characters have much more efficient projectile counters.

Cloud because I am trash

Eeehh, gonna go for a few more rounds and I'll pack it in for the night
Been a long day

I hate what they did to him in this game. They made him more "honest" by reducing utilt hitbox, can't dthrow to utilt at 0% or at all which was boring as fuck but every Jim complained about it, usmash got smaller and weaker, and worst of all removed all but 1 dunk combo. No 80% dthrow, uair, dj dunk. No 0% fthrow 50/50 dunk. Not even 100% dthrow dunk which only worked if you DI in.

In return they make his uair huge as fuck, linger longer, and made laddering people off the top the easiest shit and most dishonest thing ever. Casuals don't know the variety tr4sh mario had, but his combo game severely neutered and boring this time around.

And after all this shit I still can't stop playing Mr. Vidya himself. He's my honest childhood hero. Got me through the worst of it back in the day. Had this autistic rant built up since December 7th.

Attached: 0HVDv.png (500x700, 111K)

I 100% feel you bro and I'm sticking with him for pretty much the same reasons.

Nice to know I'm not alone in the world.

I can rack up damage pretty easily with Mario and get my opponents to really high percent but getting a decent setup for a kill is ridiculously hard with him.

>can't dthrow to utilt at 0% or at all
aww, you can't take someone from 0% to kill range off of a grab while playing the game with your feet, he's ruined

GGs

Attached: 1554765225257.jpg (563x780, 39K)

someone is salty. Lose to too many Marios?

Outie. GG guys

Attached: 0cb21ee9-d4a1-488f-92f8-58597015ee03.png (1920x2560, 1.31M)

ggs wft you're way too good at being evasive

that's funny when you're the one crying about losing your retard uptilt spam

Attached: 1550044170957.gif (607x609, 754K)

I don't have one
because
I don't play smash.

ggs dude

I main this based manlet, he's perfect.

Attached: IMG_20190423_045316.jpg (238x228, 11K)

Incineroar because nothing is more satifying than a well timed side b with revenge boost.

Wii-fit Trainer mostly because she's fuckable and for some reason, she's my best character, with a constant GSP of 4.3 million and highter.

ZSS, because she's the only fun Metroid rep to play, since Ridley is extremely underwhelming and janky and Samus is doomed to have this piece of shit of a kit. Hoping for Sylux one day.

Attached: q98s4d35qkmxc.jpg (995x803, 132K)

god damn i loved calvin and hobbes, thanks for posting this user

What a lot of people don't know about WFT is that side+b is a momentum-canceler, so there's so few reasons not use it when you're being launched. It keeps her suspended in the air for a bit too, so it fucks with people who are relying on you to land the very next moment.

And what even less people know is that her deep breathing slows her descent as well. So if you get launched really high into the air, and know the deep breathing timing well enough, this is one of the best times to use it.

And also that was fucking CRAZY.

what a good post, thank you for this

Mewtwo because he's cool as ice and has good range.
Pika Libre because good aerials and a fun recovery, also grab does more damage when Libre.
Snake because he big brain and the fucking fair.

Attached: sgdggdg.png (400x561, 122K)

Yeah it's easy to rack up the percent with him this this game, but his grab game lost its lethal edge. So far most of my kills are either offstage bair gimp or kill, onstage bair at high%, catching a 50/50 uair to dair (not true, but pretty decent), or a ledge trump into a bair. Sometimes I get a good read fsmash, jablock into fsmash, or a "slide into the DMs" usmash a reverse jc usmash when I see them jump in alot.

Keep in mind that Mario's nair sets up for a possible lock at 50-60ish percent, so take advantage of that. And sour nair starts toppling people at 110ish give or take. And the 1 dunk combo that lived is a falling uair into dunk starting around 45% for most, and lasting into the late 90s for most, just gotta play around with it.

No, I was the few marios that liked doing uthrow at 0% since you get more fun stuff that way. And I did say that it was lame as fuck. But the fact that its gone means he lost an option, and losing options is always bad since it sterilizes the character. And it's not just mario, so many returning characters got their kit gutted and have 1 or 2 approach options at best. Look at fox, always nairing in. Versus someone like Lucina who can do so many things in neutral. Walk in, jab. Run in, dtilt. shFair. RAR bair. shRAR dair.

Attached: 30729029_10211705120559874_2676172174854717440_n.jpg (1000x1495, 67K)

You niggas playing? I want that Wii Fit exp.

Attached: pac.png (576x576, 660K)

You're welcome, fellow man of great taste.

Attached: 8b21-4313-b4d7-5f1ba17b7ee6.jpg (463x411, 115K)

either of this two fellas

Attached: we will win....jpg (500x375, 163K)

_______________________We finished._______________________

Attached: e72719d5206cf3edad5ce7b77a31c5f4.jpg (565x195, 31K)

>like Splatoon a lot
>characters are cute
>Colors show off the variety of the characters well (default girl best though)
>Moveset captures the essence of the games
>My friends are all significantly better than me at the game and I can really only complete with them by zoning their asses like a cunt
>Throws into off ledge splat bomb kills are immensely satisfying to land.

I just need to get better with bair combo spamming.

Attached: tumblr_pjhpwsoVUf1we6z1vo1_250.gif (178x233, 266K)

It's fine. I hate video games too.

Attached: 1539085986854.jpg (500x267, 18K)

>Plays like Castlevania
>Long whip for cool fighting moments
>Requires strategy and planning with few actual combos to confirm with
>Just really like Simon and want to rep the OG of the franchise

Attached: 1545913348173.jpg (1534x2100, 2.68M)

you're so cool user

>>Requires strategy and planning

>Tfw you catch someone who thinks they are safely above you with that long ass up smash

Attached: 1550528301492.jpg (893x552, 90K)

Definitely does. Setups for things like Axe spacing, Holy Water angles, Up-B risk/reward, and most importantly, recovery which is leagues below most characters.

Attached: whip it.gif (194x100, 4K)

It's super easy. You just need to practice chaining repeating moves which is basically practicing timing. Pick a chunky guy like DK, set him to jump and 45% I think, and see how many bairs you can rack up in a row.

When you can consistently get 2-4 in a row try doing a bair from a dash, then two bairs from a dash.

Ridley because i just FUCKING LOVE eating projectiles

Attached: 1541468698056.gif (405x414, 181K)

You gotta have a plan to replace that worn out B button after a few matches breh.

Attached: 1549297739428m.jpg (768x1024, 122K)

>You gotta have a plan to replace that worn out B button after a few matches breh.
>Zelda picture

Attached: 1542254083477.jpg (1920x1080, 268K)

I'm just barely above the level of button mashing desu, but thanks for the tips.

This response has nothing to do with this conversation, I just figure you might want to use the gif I made at some point in your life.

Attached: alucard.gif (454x258, 3.22M)

Mii Gunner. Very fuckin destructive aerials and tilts in the game in terms of killpower and that fucking F-Smash. Unfff.
Plus, she is cute

Attached: 1556911832308.png (750x950, 855K)

Fellow vanquisher of the night...
vocaroo.com/i/s1dQd3BNsn1v

Attached: simon.jpg (300x173, 9K)

He's just been my dude since the first smash I ever played, at this point he just feels the most natural to me to use. I really like a lot of the tools he got this time around, too.
I could definitely stand to work on my projectile usage, I just tend to constantly try to get close and hit shit with my sword, feel like it makes me predictable.

Attached: link-smash-ultimate-625x352.png (625x352, 336K)

This. But fuck me, if I didn't wish he'd get buffed.

I also play Samus and Dark Samus because I'm a huge Metroid fan and I like their kit even though it's not as accurate as it could be.

I main Yellow Doc.

Attached: 20171224_172548.png (300x300, 120K)

I'm between Ridley and Incineroar
Something about Ridley's movements and high pitched screams gives me something no other fighter does. I dunno, I like ridley
And incineroar is fun to play, and I love the references on his alt palettes

Attached: Dfg7UytV4AA0C29.jpg (1200x675, 162K)

Unless you're up against someone that can pocket or detonate them, always try to have a bomb in play, it's just another thing the opponent has to keep an eye on. I hate playing against my link main bud because he is godly with using arrows or the boomerang to move his bomb around from a distance.

>I like Luigis Mansion 1 & 2
>I 100% galaxy the second time as Luigi
>I like his high meme potential
>we're both cowardly losers
>landing an up b or a misfire fires dopamine in my brain

Been choosing "le unique fagtu" for decades now.

Attached: Luigi_SSB.png (121x172, 18K)

His Nair is so clutch. Almost all his moves kill and so I can dodge dodge dodge and find my moment then Nair>RAR>Bair that nigga dead. DEAD

Attached: Bowser_-_New_Super_Mario_Bros_2.png (210x210, 61K)

He's the actually diabolically evil monster archetype that exists in fighting games and for some reason didn't exist in Smash up until now. They kept trying to make Bowser fit that mold but it just didn't work

Attached: 0dbc68f1-3105-4a7d-b9b6-a075c01fb37f.png (1280x1280, 1.12M)

Palutena, I loved her in uprising and it’s cool playing as a goddess and I also like her sass

Lucas, he’s so much fun to play as, cute too and I’m interested in tragic characters

Zelda, I like her moves and I like her design in ultimate

Robin,awakening was my first fe game[\spoiler] and also cause maaagic

Rosalina, she’s my favorite Nintendo princess and I loved her from the moment I first saw her

Attached: 425C2AB8-D4D3-456B-BA51-124CA85E8994.png (500x812, 178K)

I use the black costume and pretend i'm Guts

Attached: Ike_SSB4.png (496x496, 243K)

That's how it's meant to be.

Ridley's my go-to main. Originally it was Inkling (mostly because it was like the 2nd character I unlocked). But, once I unlocked Ridley, I tried him out and I just immediately fell in love. He's so damn fun and I feel like my victories are EARNED. I do admit, I get way too greedy for the Skewers and drags. But there's just something so intoxicating about landing a Skewer or yeeting someone into the blast zone. I know I should play it safe and secure the KO rather than try to get a free 60% hit or a cheesy launch, but it's one of those "my mind's telling me no... BUT MY BODY..." things.
I just wish his Dair wasn't so shit and his Fsmash's range felt more consistent. I swear it feels like its range changes every time I use it. But these are hardly enough to ruin the fun of playing a great big fucking space dragon.

Attached: Ridley (2).png (1000x1200, 76K)

Thanks for the tip, I've been trying to work them in more often, and I do have a bomb in play semi-frequently, my problem is actually using them effectively.
>using arrows or the boomerang to move his bomb around from a distance.
Jesus, that sounds crazy. I see how that could be effective, seems way out of my depth right now though.

Very

Attached: 42AA7837-BCCD-48AE-9BA3-5A0A95CC8309.jpg (1111x1628, 281K)

Mained him since Brawl. I wanted him so bad during the Melee-era and loved how utterly disgusting his moveset is.

Attached: wario.png (256x256, 105K)

>my mind's telling me no... BUT MY BODY...

This is me when fishing for De*3 ass slams and the big fsmash hammer. Costs me way more stocks than I take with them, but it's really satisfying when it works.

Attached: 1546153886345.jpg (544x521, 41K)

>Has all the positives of a heavy, like killing super fucking early
>But is smaller and has combos that can trap people to 60, plus a super fast, decently reliable back air that kills.
Also Tornado but I think you get the point. All I want is slightly better recovery OR slightly more mobility.

Attached: 6A0BC5E2-142F-4394-9F42-5AD4DF4522CD.gif (280x371, 911K)

It was ridley but you kind of get tired of getting bitch slapped by Mario after a while.

Greninja however is nuts. Combos for years, strong moves, fast. I am now the juggler

Attached: 32B77075-818D-4655-B9C0-CA259E69292E.jpg (600x596, 89K)

His f-smash is normally short as fuck but you can catch extending hurtboxes with it, which is why you can sometimes hit people with it from farther away.

Also, nothing is better than killing someone from 0% with a Skewer, then reading their roll and performing a down-Smash, taking their stock in 2 hits. And if you do it near the ledge, the followup is practically guaranteed. It's one of the positives of maining Ridley.

>It was ridley but you kind of get tired of getting bitch slapped by Mario after a while.
I still main him but fuck me, if it doesn't get aggravating dealing with any projectile character or any top-tier. I'm thinking about picking up Inkling to deal with that shit.

I want to become a Bayonetta main but I am not good at her
:(

Yea I love ridley but you would need a secondary. His weaknesses are way to glaring

so get better?

>Yea I love ridley but you would need a secondary. His weaknesses are way to glaring
Zoners, swordies, and combo-oriented characters are already annoying as it is, having to deal with that while also having the biggest hurtbox in the game is almost too much.

I'm trying, but it's hard without memorizing and practicing combos

>this is Yea Forums now

Attached: 1488098171542.jpg (360x270, 24K)

Link
Started playing him in Smash 3DS (mained Sonic in Brawl, Mario in Melee) because I liked Zelda and he was available in the demo. Practiced with him because he felt good to play as. Stayed with him because I've put so many hours into practicing during breaks at work I can't really compare at anyone else. I tried to main Inkling when Ultimate came out, but after playing with my friend, he said that Link is definitely my strongest character.
Was originally worried about his bomb update, since I was so used to contact bombs and good recovery, but I've been really enjoying the remote detonation. The sounds of frustration from my friends when I throw a bomb, knock them into it, detonate it, and smash attack them when they're launched back to me is amazing.
His meteor smashes are also really satisfying and easy to pull off for me. Against certain opponents I've KOd at 30% or so with them.

Swords are ok at times but my fucking god link is the bane of my fucking existence. His aerials and boomerang are impossible to get through.

I just love the oddball pick, and how he chimes in with (sometimes condescending-sounding) routine-based or encouraging dialogue. His tools are fun, and his attacks are really satisfying to land and have a lot of oomph.
Male over female because even though Fem Fit Trainer is bangin', Male's design is cool and his VA does a better job at emoting than Female. Also:
>"You're wobbling! Try to keep your balance."
>that run animation for victory laps
>that crouch walk for pseudo-taunting
I love it.

Attached: SSB4U3D_Wii_Fit_Trainer_Male.png (1500x1500, 343K)

>yeah i main Lucus, i'm quirky like that

>Male over female

Attached: 1364094165172.jpg (562x437, 67K)

Holy based

Attached: 1555305912943s.jpg (125x122, 3K)

>HAHhahaHAHAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEeeeeehh
>FF-FfunnNY kawacter
>AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaEEEEEEYYYYeeeee
>f-fAWnYYYyy
>Hee he vewy fawneyhhh
>S_SPIKEY BAAAWWLLL
>SSTTTTRRRROOONNNCCHHH
>yeah i watch alpharad

Attached: 8nRqoXW.png (800x729, 48K)

Mii brawler then Kirby
They are neat

i-is that *lip smack* is.. is that salt i taste?
anyone else taste that salt?

Zelda, NO! That is not how you treat boys!

Attached: She's the aggressive type.jpg (1920x1080, 212K)

FUCK I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE

Shulk naked shulk

Because with the memes the victory tastes better

>If you never caught pichu/Mewtwo
>Never played F-Zero or Kirby
Guess I'll just stop playing those then!

Faggot.

Bowser got shifted from full evildoer to family man on the inside, villain on the outside, kinda in the same light as Dedede. Just look at him, he even goes karting with Mario
Ridley is pure evil everywhere, be it in the games or manga. It's a nice change to have the "evil because I'm following my nature" villain archetype

Used to bully people with Dedede and Ike, but I've really enjoyed doing dumb shit with DS. Her aerial movement is great and it's fun to kill with the snipe or point blank shot.

Attached: dark_samus_hmm.jpg (678x510, 44K)

Ridley because fuck yeah after 15 years finally Ridley. I've gotten a little better with him but I hope he gets some buffs eventually that help him out. I don't mind him being large and comboable, just make him able to handle it better you know?

Damn I wish. Maybe she can be a boss if Banjo were to get in?

Seething

You mean Steve?

Almost exactly same for me. Samus gang forever.

>zero Wolf
Good, he is my husband after all.

Attached: wolf_o_donnell_by_majoramelody-d84sja8.jpg (628x628, 56K)

youtube.com/watch?v=5sehZQ9JsBM

>15 years
Try 18.
youtube.com/watch?v=sfQ75gr2znA
At 0:43
Listen to that audience. Isn't it so obvious what they were thinking was in the upcoming game?

Things like this post is why I also don't play the female. Y'all are so creepily adamant about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=H5jNlLbTN5w

Attached: 1512524384328.jpg (513x307, 30K)