Is it even possible to be a Nintendo fan and hate or not care about Smash...

Is it even possible to be a Nintendo fan and hate or not care about Smash? I can understand if you're a Nintendo fan who doesn't like Mario or Zelda, but Smash? It's the essence of all things Nintendo, how could you not like it? That has to just be contrarianism, right?

Attached: D5SXGabVUAIH8d8.jpg (300x293, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yZC3Ogpy9Zo
eventhubs.com/news/2013/jun/21/sakurai-says-smash-bros-isnt-fighting-game-completely-different-label-talks-game-development-fighting-genre-and-value-unpredictability/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

smash sucks

What do you dislike about it user? I'm genuinely bewildered.

but are you a Nintendo fan, then? I think that's his point

people with no friends hate smash

it was just bait, sorry fellas

I'm a Nintendo fan and Smash is a fucking terrible game full of corporate wanking, smelly fanbase, and shitty gameplay.

Smash is fine. The problem is the fact that its a magnet of everything bad about a fanbase

Attached: 1453603390519.jpg (500x380, 57K)

Care to elaborate? I promise I won't shitpost you over it, I just want to know.
Yeah I don't mean any fanbase drama, I mean actually hating the game itself.

Hate the game
Hate unfunny smash memes
Hate smash players
Hate smash players lack of hygiene
Hate smashfags never shutting the fuck up about smash
Hate how all smash games are exactly the same in terms of gameplay but smashfaggots hype up every new iterations as some deep, extraordinary revolutionary thing and then go back to playing melee a year later
Hate king k rool and hate waluigi
Hate twitter
Hate trannies
Hate you

I'm kind of the opposite. I don't give a fuck about Nintendo titles, but I love Smash Bros. Stopped caring about them years and years ago, but i still like Smash.

I've liked nintendo first party games since the NES and cannot fucking stand smash bros. Years ago i saw all the reviews and hype so I bought melee on gamecube and everything and just loath how it plays and feels.

Someone could just not enjoy platform fighting games.

But why? Surely you could at least enjoy the tons of Nintendo fanservice and getting to play as your favorite characters? Maybe it's not your favorite, but to outright hate it?

based

I don't care much for fighting games, so that makes it real easy to not care about Smash.

Smash used to just be a celebration of Nintendo characters, but now it's just a platform where companies can try to shove in their character no matter how much it doesn't fit for the sake of advertising a new game. Joker is the biggest example of this, along with Cloud, Bayonetta, and the new Pokemon.
The gameplay gets boring really fast, and it's clearly not something to last despite how hard they try. Pick a character, beat up other characters on some stage with a few hazards, and that's pretty much it. There's not much else besides the incredibly half-baked game modes to look at for an afternoon and never touch again unless you really want those achievements. Competitive play is also no fun, considering that it's about removing nearly everything that makes the fighting somewhat entertaining and only uses the very bare basics.

Me neither, but I can still enjoy Smash because it's like a platformer and has items and shit. It's not the same as Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat so I can enjoy it.

Dude, Smash is REPULSIVE for people who don't like it.
Like "this is a fucking mess I can't tell what's going on I'm not having fun" not liking it.

It's not "kind of ok".
It's "unplayable shit".

I met at least three people like this.

I guess that's fair enough, even though I don't agree with any of it. Thanks for your input user. What's your favorite Nintendo franchise? I'm curious to know what you prefer to play over Smash.

>Smash? It's the essence of all things Nintendo
No, that's the Mario series. For better or worse he symbolizes Nintendo's market presence, this isn't debatable. Smash is just another game in the stable compared to him. You could argue Pokemon, (and like all sapient beings I hate Pokemon) but not Smash.

Smash got shit when they removed trophies, can't blame you for hating it.

I can't imagine hating it so much that you honestly feel that way. I can understand if you don't like playing competitively but can you really say that you don't find it fun to grab 7 bros and beat the shit out of each other with your favorite characters with items and shit turned up to the max? More power to you if you can, but that sounds unbelievable to me.

>Smash used to just be a celebration of Nintendo characters, but now it's just a platform where companies can try to shove in their character no matter how much it doesn't fit for the sake of advertising a new game. Joker is the biggest example of this, along with Cloud, Bayonetta, and the new Pokemon.

This is genuine criticism, though I take an alternative perspective and feel that if we stick with solely Nintendo characters, we're only going to have the scrapping of the bottom of the barrel. So it's good to extend the invitation to the rest of the gaming industry. And I've been blown away by the execution of the 3rd party characters introduced so far so as they feel like a natural addition and really contribute to the roster.

I agree. I never felt like any of the third party characters were really egregious or unfitting. Most of them are either characters who were close to Nintendo since the NES or are close to them now. Hell, Mega Man, Pac Man and Simon Belmont were part of Nintendo's official marketing in the 80s.

I don't hate smash bros just it's obnoxious fanbase.

I don't think Smash should have 70+ characters or whatever. Just stick with about 30 or so famous/fan favorite characters, and the Third-Parties can be DLC.
Quality > Quantity.

i've played smash since 64 and i completely understand why anyone would hate it. the fanbase and the culture surrounding smash are insufferable, and it's only getting worse with each new game.
there's the meleefags, who constantly talk shit about fighting game players and other smash fans and then play the victim when people call them out on their bullshit. there's competitivefags, whose tournaments are known as "stinky day" for a reason. there's rosterfags, who annoy fans of any series linked to smash and shit up the board with fake "leaks" and "he's in" threads. and none of them have taken a shower in the past decade.
people might be able to tolerate all of that if the games were consistently 10/10, but they aren't even close. i can't blame anyone for staying far away from smash.

Attached: 1556163534035.png (492x638, 28K)

None of that is related to the game though. All fanbases of all games are shit.

Dude they can't tell what's happening on the screen.
It's four characters crossing up and literally being flung around in random directions, being thrown against the screen, being lobbed against the background, dying and being reborn, Pokemon and assist trophies popping out of nowhere, the camera zooming in and out as people move or die, the stage changing shape, the platforms moving, mines and bob-ombs on every surface or being thrown around, characters turning into metal, characters turning invisible...

It takes 30 minutes to just learn to double jump +up B and thus not dying every five seconds, and one person didn't even want to spend those 30 minutes.

"just let me play Mortal Kombat dude..."
A fighting game is one dude on the left, one dude on the right, and a life bar on top.
Smash is an ocean of CLOWN CHAOS, Bright colors and explosions.
And (some) people hate that shit.
And I mean hate.

Attached: tumblr_inline_mfigs6vO0p1qlygw8.png (400x300, 191K)

if you're a woman, yes. I know plenty that just like mario, pokemon and/or animal crossing but hate smash bros.

>Yeah I don't mean any fanbase drama, I mean actually hating the game itself.
The games have become inseparable from the fanbase at this point. That beng said the only nintendo series I consistently play is pokemon.

Because it's not a real fighting game.

And what if you don't care? What if you don't like "real" fighting games?

no fanbase is worse than smash. not a single one. and for a game like smash that's played competitively (even though it really shouldn't be), the community is important.
when smashfags boo guilty gear for not being melee, make tournament organizers carry their heavy roach-filled crt screens around, shit themselves at tournaments, accuse poorfag studios like snk and french bread of "buying their way into evo," etc., they make people want to avoid smash like the plague.

That's Melee though. Meleefags are another level of autistic.

Then you're not me so what does that matter? OP asked why I don't like it.

>no fanbase is worse than smash
I can think of a few.

When you say smash, you really mean Melee. Just so you know.

I think a lot of people learned to hate Smash Bros thanks to the obnoxious fanbase. There's nothing wrong with the games but the fanbase can leave a bad impression on people. Especially on Yea Forums, where a lot of Nintendo fans have become tired of the constant Smash threads that were posted last year.

it's not only meleefags.

Attached: 1551323927034.jpg (997x611, 90K)

Sonicfags are still worse.

Rosterfags are more obnoxious than Meleefags. Meleefags don't shit up the board with multiple threads complaining about the roster or whatever.

>20 Jan 2019
Definitely a Meleefag

couldn't disagree more. their autism peaked in the 2000s. there are many worse fanbases than sonicfags these days.

Not him but while people do hate Meleefags for being elitist (which they deserve for being elitist cunts, the ones that are), the whole fanbase in general is arguably elitist. It's not just about how the game plays either. Rosterfagging is elitist when people constantly put each other down for whoever or whatever character they want for whatever reasons.

I love nintendo but I only really like 64 and Melee.

i guess you missed the part where they confirmed it was an ultimate player, not a melee player.

Like the first poster saids, it sucks. The gameplay is absolute shit. I don't care how many stupid mascots are in it.

no its all smashfags you delusional fuck

Check the release date of Ultimate and compare it to that post then think.

What do you dislike about the gameplay? Do you just not like fighting games?

I don't hate it but I'm just not that into fighting games, it's definitely my fave fighting game tho

I liked the wii one a lot

>Smashtoddlers are so socially retarded they cannot imagine anyone not liking the same things they do
Reminder that this is a LITERAL sign of autism.

Smash isn't a fighting game

Nintendo isn't just Smash

>It's the essence of all things Nintendo,
That just bullshit and you know it

>Is it even possible to be a Nintendo fan and hate or not care about Smash? I can understand if you're a Nintendo fan who doesn't like Mario or Zelda, but Smash? It's the essence of all things Nintendo, how could you not like it? That has to just be contrarianism, right?

Attached: soyjak.png (594x698, 46K)

Are you retarded?

Then what is?

I'm not a big fan of fighting games but I play Tekken, even if it's seen as a dumb button masher at least it feels good to play. Unlike fucking smash.

Ult came out in December 2018. How short term is your memory?

ultimate came out over a month prior to that tweet. what's your point?

I don't think anyone would've expected 70+ characters in the game with the "Everyone is here" thing. It would've been nice if it was just a normal Smash sequel.

Did you miss the multiple posts where I conceded to other anons with fair points?
Smash is a crossover of all things Nintendo. If you're a fan of Nintendo, chances are your favorite character is in Smash.

>muh SF2 standard
>muh lifebars and ko conditions
>what even are subgenres
There's no winning with fgc idiots.

>Is it even possible to not like a game I like? No way dude.. Literally everyone has to like the things I like...

Attached: 1515635323083.png (542x512, 52K)

Wait until they find out that Ryu and Ken are unironically more fun in Smash than they are in any SF game.

The rosterfag wars tainted the whole deal.

Your entire argument hinges on characters and that's it. I love Ridley, the Belmonts, Inklings, but I don't like ult's gameplay. I can just play Castlevania or Splatoon for those characters.

>he plays with items on

Attached: 1553044990522.jpg (184x184, 8K)

You don't get at least a little bit of enjoyment from playing as them in Smash? Having them all in the same game? Seeing how their quirks translate to the system? Fair enough if you don't.

Guess you didn't do the thinking part.
That's the testing phase user. Even Melee fags try the new games and enter tournaments for the first few months to see if it's "worthy" of replacing melee.
It was the same for Brawl and 4 as well and it died out when Meleefags returned.

>Smash is a crossover of all things Nintendo. If you're a fan of Nintendo, chances are your favorite character is in Smash.
The amount of Fire Emblem in the game alone proves you wrong

Or that there was a Street Fighter 1.

>muh Fire Emblem boogeyman

Not if you've played Alpha 2

i would prefer a tradional fighting game tbqh
something like a nintendo vs capcom would be rad

Seeing as how the Smash fanbase is the single most autistic video game fanbase of all time, it's easy to understand why someone would hate it.

>If you're a fan of Nintendo, chances are your favorite character is in Smash
Wrong.

Attached: b9959370d6899782e587a46621cc93b0.jpg (517x574, 33K)

>not even Eevee or any of it evelutions....
No epona, Midna or minda and Wolf Link, K. K Slider, or Saki, or Magolor
Yah smash is a gay
The fact that there’s 3 different links and how dumb some of the poke reps are
Ugh and bleh

Attached: D0E66ACD-B3E7-4811-83A8-206406F9D8C7.jpg (1024x890, 67K)

>If you're a fan of Nintendo, chances are your favorite character is in Smash.
Explain this then.

Attached: 4057_paper-mario-prev.png (452x600, 247K)

No matter what you wanna call it, even if you're using it to insult someone, it is a very real thing happening to Smash

I really dont like it at all. Feels too floaty

>FIRE EMBLEM IS TAKING OVER SMASH REEEEEEEE
lmao

dead franchise just give up, I did

Wait until 2 of the DLCs turn out to be tie-ins to Three Houses.

argie here and yes im a nintendo fan and dgaf about smash online here is alggy as fuck and so few people have nintendo consoles (sony is defacto here by a million) is not owrth , but hoenstly i just buy nintendo consoles just for zelda i dont care about mario , metroid,splaton or insert nintendo franchise here , but generally nintendo fan in this region just care about mario or zelda , smash nobody cares

Color Splash fucking killed your series.

>If you're a fan of Nintendo, chances are your favorite character is in Smash
Nah.

Attached: 1543015159526.png (200x253, 54K)

you must have really shit taste if your favorite character is Fawful

>no fanbase is worse than smash
Undertale

Fuck you.

smash hasn't been good since melee

take a shower

wear a diaper

I pity your shit taste.

Simple as

I'm a Nintendo fan and I HATE SMASH BROS BECAUSE OF THE SHIT SMASH COMMUNITY, they simply ruined the FGC. FUCK YOU SMASHNIGGERS, ENJOY YOUR PERSONA 5 ON SWITCH HAHAHAHAHA

I wouldn't go to that extreme but it does get special treatment

Fighting games don't interest me

I swear if there's another FE character i'll burn my copy

I have not thoroughly enjoyed a smash since Melee

I hate smash ultimate because it's less fun than Project M.

Do I really need more justification than that?

Attached: D4SoXT9UEAEMKHm.jpg (1448x2048, 156K)

based

Attached: 1530648540527.png (1548x1116, 198K)

If you call having three clones of Marth special treatment, then sure.

I dont dislike I just dont care about it. I'll play it at a friends place but I dont have the interest to put in hours just fighting people over and over again.

nah, once you realize most of the deviant art fags are just like 12, other than that they are not annoying at all

>Smash is a crossover of all things Nintendo. If you're a fan of Nintendo, chances are your favorite character is in Smash.
If this was even remotely true, we wouldn't have the threat of an all third-party DLC shitfest.
The fact that is entirely correct proves that Smash should be scorned.

Attached: 31891475.jpg (1252x1252, 201K)

Clones or not they're still playable characters along with four unique characters, that's more then bigger franchises such as Metroid, Donkey Kong and even Zelda

>he deludes himself thinking is just melee when an smash5 fag literally shat himself ingame

youtu.be/yZC3Ogpy9Zo

lmao smashfags are truly sad

Yeah, it invites a shitton of Reddit tourists to franchises they'll never play a single game of. Not to mention the meme community of this is borderline normalfaggotry.

couldn't agree more, the 3rd-party inflation really just make characters so uninteresting now, roster speculation is outright depressingly boring now, I have no clue why those threads are still popular when is no longer even about who would be cool to play as and new personalities to bring to the table but about which 3rd party sells the most

I'll admit I was a fan of the concept of Smash with the OG and Melee, and to an extent Brawl, but the moment they began overexpanding was the death sentence to the point it resembled an ugly monster of different franchises forced into each other at once. It's so much that you can't do a day without seeing a Smashtard polluting a related video game franchise because of his entry knowledge of it via Smash and the complete inability to learn more or hell even play the games. It's so fucking tiresome at this point. I genuinely hope Ultimate is the last.

It's called spirits dickheads
This one is just Sakurai's autism though

Why would anyone want to consider themselves a "Nintendo fan"?

They're clones, bro. You shouldn't be so booty bothered about clones.

It's not necessarily that, but constant expanding to the point that it becomes oversaturated and unnecessary But the real problem is Smashtards who don't play any other Nintendo game and shit up their followings because of entry level knowledge of it from Smash and/or memes.

Spirits aren't playable characters, don't buy into Sakurai's bullshit

I'm not bothered about clones, i just hate more FE characters, clones or not, also they're call echoes

Clones/Echoes, still the same shit. Easy to add characters to bolster the roster. Blame 'Everyone is here!' if you want, since that's the real reason why every single Fire Emblem and Marth clone was brought back.

This post for example...

Attached: isabellefaggotry.png (341x170, 32K)

I've come to hate Smash and it's made me more of a Nintendo fan as a result.

Explain because I think I might be in the same boat.

>fanservice
What good is that if I don't like how it plays? How can you ignore such an obvious fucking point?

Same here.
It probably means taking a broader interest of the parts as opposed to the ugly whole if you know where I'm coming from here.

The roster would actually be better if some characters got cut

That's absolutely false.

>Less content is better
>Characters should be removed because you personally don't like them
Nah

based

they do the same thing to non-nintendo series. persona threads have been full of smashfags pretending they played 3 and think it's better than 5 lately, all because they're still butthurt that joker got into their party game over banjo/geno/isaac.

>Smash is an ocean of CLOWN CHAOS, Bright colors and explosions.
>And (some) people hate that shit.
>And I mean hate.
A bit off topic, but I gotta ask. Do you think this description would also be apt to describe the Marvel vs. Capcom series? I don't like Smash or Marvel vs. Capcom, because in both it's too hard to tell what's going on and things just randomly happening everywhere, but the latter is still two dudes and a lifebar and is praised by the fgc.

I only hate retarded meleegroes

I probably wouldn't even play Smash if the Fire Emblem characters weren't in it. I can play a million Mario and Pokemon spinoff games with those characters but outside of the Telius games I can only play as Ike in Smash. No, Heroes is not a real game, fuck off.

>I can understand if you're a Nintendo fan who doesn't like Mario or Zelda, but Smash? It's the essence of all things Nintendo
imagine being such a faggot to believe that. mario and zelda have a bigger history than smash you retarded faggot

>desaturating a product bad
Oh I'm aware. I honestly wish Snake was never put into Brawl, an array of fucking retards are now playing MGS because of it I'll bet.

For some Smashtards that's their gateway for Mario and Zelda nowadays. Zoomers are disgusting.

>rosterfags are so deep down the rabbithole they forget it's an actual game people play and may not enjoy

Attached: D5HVBS3WsAEQ5Rw.png (900x632, 369K)

The roster would be better if characters like Corrin and Incineroar get replaced with better, more wanted characters and this isn't a personal thing, fans worldwide feel the same way

They go to the opposite extreme too, there are Smashfags that claim to be major Fire Emblem fans despite never playing a Fire Emblem game

>essence of all things Nintendo
Funny, Smash made me realize how very little of Nintendo gets used.
>Fall for the hype Brawl generated
>Expecting a lot of characters from all walks of Nintendo's IP's
>Was disappointed, but optimistic
>Games like Wario Land: Shake It! and Stafi 5 come out
>Play them because I liked their past games
>Brawl's appeal doesn't last for me
>Move on with my life, continue playing Nintendo games like I did in the past
>Smash becomes this do-or-die series that has to be handled like a world-class event
>People only care about the hype and not the actual Nintendo characters with everyone asking for 3rd parties
>Smash Four comes
>Everyone was mad about Brawl, Project M triggers some people who liked Brawl
>Compared to Brawl, Four had a cynical and hated cycle, people dislike Sakurai more and more (For good reason)
>Characters that have been asked for since 2005 are now 'irrelevant' and 'lame'
>As Smash Four releases and the DLC gets shown, all of Sakurai's interviews shows his alignment with the fanbase
>Wanting characters like Captain Syrup, Black Shadow, Lip, Isaac and even K. Rool at the time is a bad thing because muh relevancy while asking for Lloyd, Dante and Shovel gets praised

The Ballot was a great thing because you saw people asking for those same Nintendo characters and while K. Rool and Ridley were great picks, it was a little overdue and it also shows how off Smash Four's picks were. I'm still waiting for a new Wario Land and a new F-Zero only because I want those series to continue. I could care less if Smash adds Syrup and Black Shadow at this point. No, I don't wanna boot up Smash just to see the Blue Falcon or K. Rool who I wanted in DKC before Smash.

The trophies in Melee were fantastic, and while Brawl/Four weren't as good, I still appreciated that there were more of them as the games progressed. Spirits as far as I'm concerned is the worst cop-out any developer could do.

Attached: 1359577529072.png (292x423, 146K)

no they don't. rosterfags just like to think they speak for the majority.

Attached: 1542185880809.jpg (750x547, 143K)

>fans worldwide feel the same way
Absolutely false. Only retarded rosterfags want to see characters go.

t. Salty rosterfag

Those are just fanboys buying into the hype and would be happy no matter who got in

The only people that want characters to stay are mindless fanboys that'll eat literal shit as long as it comes from Sakurai's ass, not every character on the roster deserves to be there

What said. I've played more games from Nintendo before I touched Smash 64. I've played F-Zero before Captain Punch Man became a thing. I can't stand how Nintendo abandoned some of their IP's and go to use Smash as a marketing platform and not market certain series. Remember Chibi-Robo? Don't worry, Nintendo doesn't want you to either.

>desaturating a product bad
Cutting stuff from the game isn't desaturating the product at all. It serves no purpose besides making you feel better because the game won't have stuff you don't personally like.

>Is it even possible to be a Nintendo fan and hate or not care about Smash?
Yes
>I can understand if you're a Nintendo fan who doesn't like Mario or Zelda, but Smash? It's the essence of all things Nintendo, how could you not like it?
I hate Brawl and Sm4sh, shit games

>The only people that want characters to stay are mindless fanboys that'll eat literal shit as long as it comes from Sakurai's ass
Most people don't even know who Sakurai is. The vast majority of the Smash fanbase enjoys the roster the way it is. Trying to say that the fanbase wants to see characters like Incineroar is false. Stop being retarded.

>Those are just fanboys buying into the hype and would be happy no matter who got in
sure user, everyone's a mindless fanboy except for you. it couldn't possibly be that based roar is popular and beloved outside of the rosterfag bubble.
the truth is that you just hate any character smashboards didn't tell you to want. you take the roster of a casual party game way too seriously.

Attached: 1545101062304.png (894x682, 375K)

>Smashfag is a retard
<

>Remember Chibi-Robo?
Don't remind me. Zip-Lash was a trap to ensure they'd never have to make another title again, and they didn't even market it like you said. Imagine if CR appeared instead of Corrin. The talent Nintendo had in the past is long gone and it shows.

Attached: STOPTHEPRE.png (450x188, 105K)

>It's the essence of all things Nintendo
It's a bunch of cameos. You could fight a bunch of nondescript Mii Fighters on Battlefield, with absolutely no references to other Nintendo games, and it would still be Smash Bros. Smash is its own thing and it's totally possible not to like it even if other games you like are referenced in it.

What are you talking about, user was pretty chill and talked about his experience with the games and the fanbase, he even said he didn't want and liked some certain characters

t. Seething rosterfag

You can tell he's a rosterfag because he's complaining about relevance. It's obvious he's only upset because his characters aren't in. He's salty as fuck.

You're the retard if you actually think that's what i said, you even greentexted it, i was clearly talking about fanboys, not fans and i never said that anybody wanted Incineroar

most of his post was about the roster and whining that certain characters got in over others, not about gameplay.

I'm a Nintendofag for almost 30 years now and I don't give a fuck about smash. the gameplay does not appease me, and I find rosterfags a particularly annoying breed

>fans worldwide feel the same way
You were obviously talking about fans, retard.

Its true, the game offers me nothing.

>Remember Chibi-Robo? Don't worry, Nintendo doesn't want you to either.
But they gave him a Mii costume. He was even the example they used when they first introduced Spirits in the last Smash Direct. We might not ever get any new games, but it's not forgotten.

I don't care about fighting games and I don't have friends to play party games, so Smash doesn't appeal to me in any shape or form. I'll stick to shitposting in threads.

Based and HATE NEWSPAPERSpilled

But it's not a character so nobody cares about it and Nintendo apparently doesn't want you to remember it?

Don't argue with him, this is why I can't stand Smash anymore, the fanbase became these vitriolic scumbags who only care about fanbases being BTFO and not the elements of what made Smash popular in the first place. Doesn't help that Smash brings in every other fandom under one roof and it shows.

But that user who made a long post about his characters not being in is a scumbag.

To be honest, I've become rather disillusioned towards Smash as of late. Speculation just isn't fun anymore. I ain't gonna bother with it until pic related finally gets that fucking rework.

Attached: 595px-Ganondorf_SSBU.png (595x600, 386K)

Ah yes, I’m glad my favorite character is a JPEG in favor of more third party characters people don’t care about

But people love 3rd parties.

I don't give a fuck about that costume or Chibi being in Smash. That other user said it best; Zip-Lash was thrown in the deep so they could quietly shelve it. I want a new game, and not some shitty platformer.

I dislike the direction it has been going after melee, Sakurai is a bad game director and refuses to see the potential of a fighting game and just makes it a party game

yes, a third mario would totally be a better addition to smash than literal whos like snake, mega man and cloud. good point.

Please take a shower smashfags

maybe you should play actual fighting games instead of hoping for smash to turn into something it isn't.

>Get proven wrong
>Start spazzing the fuck out
oof
Next time do your research

>sure user, everyone's a mindless fanboy except for you.
I never said that, i know just how many people are actually fanboys, don't think of me as some kind of narcissist

>it couldn't possibly be that based roar is popular and beloved outside of the rosterfag bubble.
Hardly anybody wanted Incineroar, people only started wanting it after the leak and not because they thought it was a good choice but because they thought "Well if this character is in the game then i have to like it", literally the only Incineroar fans you find out there are furries or people that don't truly like it but like the idea of people being upset

>the truth is that you just hate any character smashboards didn't tell you to want.
I have never been on smashboards in my life

>you take the roster of a casual party game way too seriously.
You're seriously looking at Smash the wrong way if you view as just a "casual party game", Smash is way more than that, it's like Marvel Vs. Capcom but bigger and that's just the easiest way to describe it

>Joker over Kiryu
No thanks.

That was me, faggot. I'm mad because Smash became this big showcase for a series of games that's no different from a Mario or a Zelda title. The games are entertaining, but they're nothing special or at least to the point where the red carpet has to be rolled out. And so the fuck what if I want those characters? Is that a bad thing? How am I scumbag for wanting those characters?

>That was me, faggot.
And you're a salty rosterfag.

>I have to play Smash to see my favorite series in a modern game
Nah I'm good.

There needs to be other uses for that amiibo. I keep suggesting a game where Chibi is a helper rather than controlled directly by using the life sized amiibo figure to save its AI. Then it's like you have your own personal Chibi-Robo, for real.

I've hated smash back since brawl, and dropped it entirely when smash 4 came out.
Then Nintendo started censoring shit, and putting amiibo locked content on games while saying they would never release an incomplete game, because that "ruins the experience" while promoting physical dlc. Then Fire Emblem Fates got split into 3 fucking titles, after that, Breath of The Wild came out with a fucking season pass.
The final straw was when they announced they wouldn't be porting Monster Hunter XX, then a few years later, ported it to the fucking switch.

I did end up hacking a few 3ds systems and gave some away. Got a n3ds and use that to play snes and gba games. 3DS has a surprisingly good library, but modern nintendo has just done so much stupid shit with their consoles. It really doesn't surprise me that people still can't play snes or gba games on the switch (without hacking it). As far as I'm concerned, the switch is nothing but ports. Don't sit here and convince me that smash ultimate is a completely new game. It's a fucking port with some new features.

Attached: 1548982479025.jpg (720x960, 39K)

Incineroar ended up being really popular with the casual audience. Fuck off with your retarded 'only characters that get circlejerked should be in Smash' thinking. Stop being so mad that your characters didn't get in.

Probably because all the good shit was decofirmed already

>Mentions other things about why I hate Smash
>Only focuses on the characters mentioned
I reiterate, Smashfags are retards.

What the fuck are you even talking about? Who mentioned mario?

Your entire post was about the roster.

I like games that actually have a point to them. Smash has no story and really no meaningful gameplay unless you play under very restrictive tournament settings. In casual play you would do just was well spamming random inputs as you would trying to anticipate and react to your opponents because there's just too much garbage on the screen.

Smash is a bad fighting game, and if you don't treat it as a real fighting game, it's still just a bad game.

Oh fuck off

He's actually said that he doesn't care if his most wanted characters get in and praised other characters that did get in, he only mentioned relevancy once when talking about how others use that as an excuse as to why certain characters shouldn't be in while request irrelevant characters themselves (he was basically pointing out the hypocrisy and double standard) and characters are a big part of the gameplay

>Hardly anybody wanted Incineroar
just because he wasn't part of the rosterfag circlejerk doesn't mean nobody wanted him. he's a popular starter pokemon, so plenty of people wanted him. you only think otherwise because there's pretty much no overlap between those people and the people who circlejerk about how "based" banjo and geno are on Yea Forums all day.
>literally the only Incineroar fans you find out there are furries or people that don't truly like it but like the idea of people being upset
i'm an incineroar fan and i don't fit into either category. he just happens to be my favorite starter ever. his heel personality is fun, and it really shines in smash because of the effort sakurai put into his animations. the fact that rosterfags still get so butthurt over it is just a side bonus.
>You're seriously looking at Smash the wrong way if you view as just a "casual party game"
sakurai himself views it that way.
eventhubs.com/news/2013/jun/21/sakurai-says-smash-bros-isnt-fighting-game-completely-different-label-talks-game-development-fighting-genre-and-value-unpredictability/

Then why did you greentext what i said about the fanboys retard

I hate smash because fuck you and fuck all you underage faggots
Because of smash I will never get another F-Zero, another (good) Starfox, another (good) Metroid, etc...

Wouldn't it be better if Chibi-Robo was an actual playable character

You're 100% right.

>Expecting a lot of characters from all walks of Nintendo's IP's
>Games like Wario Land: Shake It! and Stafi 5 come out
>Play them because I liked their past games
>Move on with my life, continue playing Nintendo games like I did in the past
>Mentions that I play Nintendo games then and now, mentions characters from those same games I played and still play to this day
>user is confused why a person is talking about characters from Nintendo games that he wants to see in the big, end-all be-all crossover game that's nothing more than a gross hype machine as playable fighters

Attached: hurr.jpg (480x360, 18K)

And other characters would also be popular with casuals if they were in instead of Incineroar, that's just one of the reasons why characters like it and Corrin shouldn't be in the game, because they don't deserve the popularity Smash is giving them while other character do deserve that popularity

Smash ultimate's online plays like shit. Other than that, if you don't have real life friends there's not a whole lot of replayability.

I'm a Nintendo fan but I don't really care about Smash. I don't hate it, but I rarely play it. It CAN be enjoyable to watch, but most of the time nowadays it's boring.

I'd rather just play something else, and watch something else.

Attached: 1555124099394.jpg (685x719, 78K)

This is getting confusing, it's conversations like you two's that are the reason why Yea Forums needs usernames

who put you in charge of deciding which characters "deserve" to be popular?

Because the fans themselves like the roster and loved the fact that everyone was here. Fans even liked the controversial characters like Isabelle, Incineroar and PP, who were honestly only controversial for rosterfags.

Yay I’m so happy I can look at a jpeg wooowyy can’t wait to play with it
Idort

>Yea Forums needs usernames

get the fuck out of here

Attached: weebshit (100).gif (480x270, 591K)

>deserve
Sounds like you're just upset Incineroar got in over the character you wanted.

Did you even read his post?

>Because of smash I will never get another F-Zero, another (good) Starfox
both of those are that hack miyamoto's fault, not smash.

>Paper Mario is just another Mar-

Attached: paper.jpg (1200x1200, 263K)

I'm not just talking about rosterfags i'm also talking about hardcore fans, casual fans and even soon to be fans, i seen it myself allover the internet

I'll admit that i was over exaggerating but my point still stands, you yourself even just admitted to being a sadist

Just because the creator him/herself views his/her product a certain way doesn't mean people have to treat it like that way too

-io.

How come Mario is DK's biggest nemesis?

>i'm also talking about hardcore fans, casual fans and even soon to be fans, i seen it myself allover the internet
???

>up A is the recovery move
What a shit image

There are characters that just objectively deserve better than other characters, like how there are people that deserve certain jobs more than other people, you wouldn't hire someone just because of there race, background and/or heritage would you

Can you replace those non marios with a paint bucket? Tanabe demands it.

>I'm not just talking about rosterfags i'm also talking about hardcore fans, casual fans and even soon to be fans, i seen it myself allover the internet
what i've seen from most non-rosterfag fans is that even if they weren't crazy about incineroar at first, he grew on them eventually because he's fun to play as. you know, gameplay, the part that actually matters.
>you yourself even just admitted to being a sadist
if you think it's "sadistic" to laugh at manchildren for throwing tantrums over a party game, you need to grow up and get some proper perspective. most people view rosterfags as a laughingstock.
>Just because the creator him/herself views his/her product a certain way doesn't mean people have to treat it like that way too
the fact that people have to ban or turn off 90% of the game's content to live out their fantasy of smash as some "hardcore fighting game" says to me that sakurai's opinion is what actually matters.

That doesn't really explain why you only greentexted what i said about fanboys and just the fanboys

>There are characters that just objectively deserve better than other characters
Is this what rosterfags tell themselves and the character they want? Glad Incineroar got in over the """deserving""" characters.

Usernames would make things a lot less confusing

I was calling you out because you were trying to frame fanboys as the only people who want characters to stay. That's false.

please tell me you're not seriously trying to compare real-world jobs to fictional characters in a party game. you rosterfags have completely lost touch with reality.

I already got my most wanted characters, i guess i just empathize too much

>let’s just throw away part of the site because I’m a retarded shitter btw trip fagging exists already
Again double retard

I didn't just read it, i analyzed it, more than once

add me in the cringe comp

Beliebe it

You didn't read it right. Let me link it to you again Don't let him fool you into think he isn't a rosterfag. He's clearly seething about the roster since that's what he's complaining about. If his literal who got in, he would have been praising Nintendo or whatever.

nah, it's definitely bullshit
especially since Incineroar actually got a huge popularity boost after Smash

It’s not really “scraping the bottom of the barrel” when the entire point of the game is to celebrate the minutiae of Nintendo. Fanservice for obscure or forgotten Nintendo characters is one of the major hooks. I’d also argue that they’re still missing representatives of long running Nintendo franchises like Advance Wars, Rhythm Heaven and Chibi Robo. Or what about side characters from major franchises that could easily be added like Tingle, Impa, Black Knight, Hades, Bandana Dee, Tom Nook etc. Or one off characters like Captain Rainbow or the EBA etc.

Characters are a huge part of the gameplay and don't imply that any character other than Incineroar wouldn't be fun to play as and become just as if not more loved, saying that just devalues the potential of other characters, including the yet to be announced DLC characters

You straight up said you like it when others are upset, that's the definition of a sadist no matter who is getting upset

Doesn't that mean Sakurai himself is giving people the option to not view Smash as a party game

>when the entire point of the game is to celebrate the minutiae of Nintendo
lmao are you the type of homo to complain about too many third parties?

The only one seething here is you.

>Characters are a huge part of the gameplay
Which is why Incineroar was the best choice. Unless you really wanted a projectile spamming owl.

I lost the interest in smash after SSB4 Bayonetta release,she ruined the game with all the fags doing the same "combo" all the time

Thanks to characters like K.K and the belmonts i was interested in smash ultimate but overall the game doesn't seems appealing for me,the "story mode" is repetitive and there's no story at all,the classic mode looks really fun actually,this is one of the modes that I would like to play someday,the online is cancer according to everyone and also you need to pay for this and the dlc character

Well they added weebshit for the first dlc so I don't expect anything besides "muh childhood" and "muh animey" seriously I can already see the obvious fire emblem highschool simulator reveal since the characters are choosen by nintendo

I know this game is good for a lot of people but you can easily notice that it was released earlier than it needed

So basically that's why I'm not interested anymore,maybe in the future or in smash 6

Attached: 1484250892722.png (933x695, 946K)

It's just a fact, Incineroar wasn't even in the game due to fans, it was in the game before the character even got revealed to the public, why not just use another ballot character instead of another Pokemon

Are you finally ready to admit you're a seething rosterfag?

> essence of all things Nintendo
> “ where’s Steve, where’s Master Chief, muh Doomguy amirite?”

Smash isn’t about the essence of Nintendo anymore, especially to the fans.

I didn't mean all characters, just the characters that shouldn't have been playable in the first place, like Corrin

>It’s not really “scraping the bottom of the barrel” when the entire point of the game is to celebrate the minutiae of Nintendo.
this is a myth. this was never what smash was about. even before they started adding third parties, it was a game for nintendo ALL-STARS. in japan, it was called nintendo ALL-STAR dai rantou smash bros. not nintendo literal whos from decade-old spinoff games smash bros.

I'm a huge Nintendo fan, and I love smash... for the amiibos. It's also a really fun party game, but just that. Autists who play it day in and out while trying to treat it as a serious fighting game usually have mental problems. Stop being the weird guy who thinks it's cool to be competitive in Candy Land or Sorry.

This goes for the people who play nothing but splatoon and think it's comparable to Halo or battlefield, or the people who play mario cart and think that counts as being into racing games. You can enjoy these things for the stupid distractions they are, all the better if you're with friends, but for the love of god play some games with better depth a scope.

Attached: 9402251.png (1786x1030, 1.54M)

>It's just a fact
sure it is lol
I'm definitely glad we got Incineroar over whatever character you thought placed high on the ballot.

I'm not even that same user, how butthurt are you that someone wants characters you don't like?

>just the characters that shouldn't have been playable in the first place
You mean the characters that you don't personally like? Stop being such a massive cakeboy.

There's nothing wrong with wanting a character. As long as it doesn't develop into cancerous rosterfaggotry, like that user who posted a long ass post due to how butthurt he was over the roster.

It's not a comparison, it's a metaphor, people use real life metaphors for fictional stuff all the time, you wouldn't put in another Pokemon or Fire Emblem character just for being another Pokemon or Fire Emblem character like how you wouldn't hire a black guy just because he's a black guy

For what it's worth, I mentioned K. Rool in the same post and was absolutely happy he got in. Ridley too. You're the one seething and mad that people want characters you don't care for, going to my point in that same post:
>Wanting characters like Captain Syrup, Black Shadow, Lip, Isaac and even K. Rool at the time is a bad thing
Stay mad, I got my most wanted but would still be happy with more.

Attached: DdYbwsAV4AAkity.jpg (1199x858, 71K)

>Characters are a huge part of the gameplay
and incineroar provides a unique gameplay function that smash never had before: a wrestler. if decidueye had been chosen instead, we'd have a third pit that adds nothing new to the game.
>saying that just devalues the potential of other characters
aren't you currently devaluing the potential of incineroar? why is it okay to hate on incineroar but not the supposed "better, more deserving choices" that you're conveniently not naming?
>You straight up said you like it when others are upset, that's the definition of a sadist no matter who is getting upset
rosterfags are fucking obnoxious, they ruin smash discussion for everybody, they shit up non-smash-related threads with their garbage, they shit on others for wanting any character that doesn't fit into their narrow circlejerk. they bring the schadenfreude on themselves by being assholes to everyone else.

How is adding a feature taking away anything, hell we already have the option to use usenames, we just need to be forced to use them

t. rosterfag clinging onto K Rool to try to make himself not look like a massive rosterfag
this is sad

I'm just gonna stay out of this one now

It's a new game. Keep seething.

Literally any character would get a huge popularity boost if they were in Smash, even a really horrible character, not because of they're actual character but just because they're in Smash, that's just being popular for all the wrong reasons

I want this fighter so bad

>There's nothing wrong with wanting a character
Then stop getting mad over other people's opinions.

>Cries about cancerous posting
>Makes a cancerous post

Yeah, I'm out too. Smashfags are true cancer. Ironic given his last post.

I'm not getting mad over people's opinions. Just stating the obvious. Stay seething, cancerous rosterfag.

at least they'd be popular because of an actual game, not because of a newgrounds meme (geno) or because jontron made videos about them (banjo).

It's a good idea. There's no point in arguing with someone who won't admit he's a rosterfag. No wonder people hate Smashfags, since rosterfags like him shitpost all over the board.

>that's just being popular for all the wrong reasons
>I don't like it so it's the wrong reason
>Characters only """deserve""" to be in Smash if they're circlejerked on Yea Forums
Is this what rosterfags legitimately believe?

A lot of characters would have fun movesets, don't act like Incineroar is the only character with a good moveset because a lot of characters have good moveset potential, even better potential than Incineroar and Decidueye has more than just arrows, there are lots of grass and ghost type moves that can be put into an amazing moveset, thinking so basically like that just shows your lack os an imagination that you have to rely on others to imagine for you, further more, i haven't even mentioned Decidueye until now, it doesn't have to be another Pokemon, it could be another character from another game, series or franchise

>A lot of characters would have fun movesets
And this is why the vast majority of Smash Bros fans don't take the roster too seriously. Because all the real important characters are never going to get cut from Smash and everything else is just a bonus, especially if they have fun movesets.

So what's the problem with Incineroar again? He shouldn't be in because you don't personally like it?

>I'm definitely glad we got Incineroar over whatever character you thought placed high on the ballot.
You mean K. Rool

>why not just use another ballot character instead of another Pokemon
were you even following the conversation?

>A lot of characters would have fun movesets
and incineroar is one of them. why does that suddenly not count for him?
and let's not pretend like rosterfags actually care about movesets. twelve from street fighter would have one of the most fun movesets in smash, but whenever i mention wanting him, rosterfags cry that he's a "literal who."

Attached: twelvechk.gif (261x103, 30K)

I'm a fairly huge Nintendo fan, and I can take or leave Smash. It can be a good time with friends, but online even is just pretty dull. I like seeing the stages and characters and hearing the music, but the game itself is just kinda meh after a while.

>Hate unfunny smash memes
>Hate smash players lack of hygiene
>Hate smashfags never shutting the fuck up about smash
>Hate how all smash games are exactly the same in terms of gameplay but smashfaggots hype up every new iterations as some deep, extraordinary revolutionary thing and then go back to playing melee a year later
>Hate twitter
>Hate trannies
>Hate you
you might as well just summarize it as
>Hate autism

Attached: qh2za2iinnt01.jpg (2448x3264, 479K)

>You mean the characters that you don't personally like?
You do know that all this can be turned around with the same logic, "So you're saying that this character should stay in just because you personally like them", at least my opinion is based off of fan reaction

>Stop being such a massive cakeboy.
Lol are you seriously trying to start another insult meme, it was all fun until "basedboy:, now it's just a bunch of /pol/tards trying to be clever, at least cakeboy sounds good enough to eat

>why does that suddenly not count for him?
it's not the character I personally wanted so that means he shouldn't be in
why do people think that every single smash inclusion has to be for them? smash inclusions are supposed to appeal for a variety of people and characters you might not care for might be someone else's fave character

Implying Incineroar is the only character with unique moveset potential

I'm honestly sorry if i devalued Incineroar in anyway, that was far from my intention, but Incineroar was chosen before it was ever revealed so how could it deserve playable status if it got it before it officially existed

That still doesn't change the definition of sadist, you could be happy from watching an ISIS member getting horse raped and that'd still be sadistic

>at least my opinion is based off of fan reaction
Apparently not, since people like Incineroar. You're actively disregarding the people who grew to like Incineroar, people who already liked Incineroar and people who enjoy playing as Incineroar for no real reason other than your personal distaste for the character.
>"So you're saying that this character should stay in just because you personally like them"
I'm saying that because a character is fun to play and has fans, there's no real reason to get rid of them.

Also cakeboy is a term for homosexual, faggot.

>but Incineroar was chosen before it was ever revealed so how could it deserve playable status if it got it before it officially existed
>deserve playable status
that's the problem
you legitimately believe that characters deserve to be playable, when a ton of characters get into Smash Bros for reasons like moveset potential, unique gameplay gimmicks, having a recent game, etc

>Implying Incineroar is the only character with unique moveset potential
i never said nor implied that. i'm just pointing out that he does bring a unique moveset to the table,
>Incineroar was chosen before it was ever revealed
not true, you might be confusing it with how greninja got chosen. incineroar wasn't chosen until after usum came out.

Why do people always assume i want these characters, i already got my most wanted, and if Geno or Banjo got in then they too would be popular because of an actual game ad at least those two are popular without Smash, Incineroar is a very divisive character within the Pokemon fanbase

>incineroar wasn't chosen until after usum came out.
that's wrong
he was chosen around Sun and Moon's release, Sakurai mispoke

I think characters deserve to be playable based on legacy and popularity, characters like Lyn who deserves to be playable more than Ike, Lyn should've been the newcomer in Brawl with Ike as the assist trophy

>Incineroar is a very divisive character within the Pokemon fanbase
maybe when originally revealed, but that's clearly not the case anymore
even before his Smash bros reveal, people generally liked all three Gen 7 final evolutions

>I think characters deserve to be playable based on legacy and popularity
that's the opposite of what Smash does, since Smash favors the more recent characters over the older ones

Oh yeah, Smash Bros also favors gameplay too. It's why Ike got in over Lyn, because he would have fulfilled the heavy swordsman niche.

There are characters more important than those "bonus characters" that still aren't in Smash and there's no point to a bonus if it's shit

Why does everybody think that, i don't hate Incineroar, it was even the starter i picked in S&M, i just feel like there are better characters than it and the same goes for a lot of other people who aren't rosterfags, it's just that people are letting what already happened cloud there judgement instead of looking at the what ifs

>There are characters more important than those "bonus characters" that still aren't in Smash and there's no point to a bonus if it's shit
Then you're missing the point of Smash.

I have and not every Smash needs a Pokemon newcomer, they could have used another ballot character instead of Incineroar or any other Pokemon

There's a difference between Incineroar and those other characters with the difference being that there are actually characters better than Incineroar

>and not every Smash needs a Pokemon newcomer
fuck that
I like Pokemon newcomers because it allows Sakurai to be really creative with the characters or to fill a niche he clearly wants to develop

>there are actually characters better than Incineroar
lol

I actually don't dislike Incineroar, it was my starter in S&M, i'm just thinking about the fans, unlike Sakurai

pokemon is a $90 billion franchise, literally the highest-grossing franchise in media. rest assured, smash needs pokemon way more than pokemon needs smash. there will be a new pokemon in every smash game forever, so get used to the idea.
>there are actually characters better than Incineroar
...in your opinion.

Personally I love Smash since 64 in the late-90s, but even I have to admit the genre is starting to show age. Pic related for example indirectly parodies the lack of variety of the characters in the Smash roster since 80% of the roster is either a sword fighter, gunner, or a mario-styled brawler.

The game's themselves haven't shown much improvement in a while. Melee was the only massive improvement in the franchise compared to it's prequel and Smash Ultimate pretty much shows that Nintendo is finally taking the competitive scene seriously. Although at the end of the day, it's a fighting game and not anything ground breaking. They tried to make it an action-adventure game 3 times in Melee, Brawl, and Ultimate and failed ultimately. Eventually people will realize this once Nintendo runs out of characters to throw into the roster.

Attached: 45red.png (600x362, 189K)

I *used* to be indifferent/borderline dislike Smash but seeing the way characters from our favorite franchises come to life as a 2D fighting character is great. I love seeing how well final smashes fit with each character's inspiration for example.

>i'm just thinking about the fans, unlike Sakurai
and as shown in , the fans are more than satisfied with incineroar.

Attached: 1542944669909.png (243x234, 120K)

I'm not saying you dislike Incineroar. But you clearly don't care for him for Smash. You're blatantly disregarding people who do care for Incineroar being in Smash and all the new fans he made. Smash isn't supposed to tailor to your tastes specifically, user.

I'm talking going back in time and stop Incineroar from being in Smash, i'm not talking about what the people of the present think, i know they like Incineroar and that ok, i'm just looking at AU possibility, this is some classic Back to the Future type shit right here boy

>Also cakeboy is a term for homosexual, faggot.
Homosexuals are actually good enough to eat

it might just be time for them to give the current formula a rest for a while and make smash bros. spinoffs in other genres.

also I unironically miss subspace, haven't played Ultimate but I hope WoL is nearly as good.

And i'm saying that that shouldn't be the case and that Sakurai needs to change the way he thinks about this

Back to the Future

Sakurai himself said that the full roster was decided in mid 2015, a year before S&M were even announced

>I'm talking going back in time and stop Incineroar from being in Smash
and there is no reason to do this at all
just accept and move on, you don't need to fuck up the timeline

well Sakurai is probably satisfied with the already immense roster, he even included Joker because he likes Persona.

>people generally liked all three Gen 7 final evolutions
Some more than others

No, Sakurai said he gave his project proposal to Nintendo in December 2015. A few months later, development started and he left a spot open for a Pokemon. Then before Sun and Moon released, he was given materials by the TPC. And then he picked Incineroar around Sun and Moon's release.

Primarina's really popular, sure. But this isn't a gen 6 situation where only one final evo was popular or a gen 5 situation where nobody liked any of the final evos. It's nice.

That shouldn't be what Smash favors

>It's why Ike got in over Lyn, because he would have fulfilled the heavy swordsman niche.
Couldn't Ganondorf have fulfilled that niche if Sakurai just gave him a sword

How, enlighten me

Why does Sakurai need to change his thinking? Ultimate did great.

imagine being so mad that your waifu didn't get in that you're claiming smash shouldn't favor gameplay.

Smash is defined by its gameplay. If it wasn't fun to play that it would have never taken of, even if it had popular Nintendo characters. Pretty much every single aspect of Smash revolves around how it would work in the game. Especially characters.

Just wanted to add that I do think Smash needs a ton of improvements. Single player content has always been barebones and online modes have always been shit. When it comes to the roster and focusing on the gameplay, I think Sakurai's doing a good job.

I own a Switch and I frankly don't fucking care about Smash Ultimate. I'm not paying $60 for Smash 4.5.

I grew up exclusively on Nintendo, still love a lot of their first party titles and I'm completely fucking indifferent to Smash. I make the mistake of getting swept up by the marketing hype, buy it, then shelve it after less than a week because online simply isn't fun and I have nobody to play locally with.

That's what Gacha RPGs and party games like Mario Party and Mario Kart are for.

They could do action-adventure, but well done action-adventure crossover games are a rarity.

It's kind of cancerous to certain franchises/characters due to memes but I haven't seen concrete proof of Smash tainting a main series outside of Kid Icarus and Kirby (And this is only because of HAL) so eh it's mostly harmless.