Fuck This Board

>Get recommended pic related
>Bro it's a great game! Hours of game play and amazing mechanics!!
>It's a shitty RNG slot machine game

I swore after Yakuza 0 I'd never listen to your garbage recommendations again. But alas, I've been duped by some fucking neck beard once again. Played for more than 4 hours so can't get a refund now. You faggots need to re-evaluate your taste in games before recommending such trash.

Attached: cee6ef17-36d6-4c00-9c6e-5a1093a75a86.jpg (1200x675, 166K)

GOTTEM

Attached: Master+ruseman+_2e122e7b5a6afc0725b2b3e914813ea0.jpg (538x403, 33K)

You have shit taste.

>RNG slot machine
You have to have a backup plan and preferably a plan C as well. It's the same strategy when you play roguelikes, real roguelikes, as in turn and tile based top-down view.

Attached: 20190226014505_1.jpg (2560x1440, 842K)

And you can always make some right wing death robots. I fucking love them, they were apparently bad in vanilla but they got a buff in the expansion.

Attached: 20190221080943_1.jpg (2560x1440, 208K)

Just make sure to set the voice to German Warrior in the options.

Attached: 20190220213938_1.jpg (2560x1440, 750K)

Play the original X-Com instead if you something that isn't bullshit

>OG XCOM
>not bullshit

I sure do love getting my entire squad wiped because one rookie stepped off the transport and got oneshotted from across the map and the rest decided to suicide via grenade.

>only way to start xcom threads is by baiting with RNG

Attached: 1555413069749.png (263x218, 99K)

>buys xcom
>is surprised when game has random elements
how about you do some research next time, faggot

Didn't we just have this thread this morning?

I'm not some RnG tAKes SeRiOus sKiLLs memer, but XCOM is a legitimately good game. Just turn the difficulty down if it's that annoying.

git gud

what the fuck are you doing?

>one rookie stepped off the transport and got oneshotted from across the map
For all the complaints about gamey shit you have to do to fight pods in new-xcom, classic xcom had its fair share of cheese tactics to avoid bullshit like that as well.

>play legacy missions
>pull 2 pods at once, crash and burn
alright

How are people this fucking bad at XCOM? Serious question.
>WAAAAH THE GAME IS CHEATING!
The only time XCOM ever cheats is when it does so in your favor on lower difficulties, like giving you an aim bonus after a miss streak.
>WAAAAH I DONT UNDERSTAND PERCENTAGES!
Literal fucking retards.

Attached: 1552921559591.jpg (460x442, 70K)

> classic xcom had its fair share of cheese tactics to avoid bullshit like that as well

Yeah, skip the first turn or throw a smoke grenade, wow so hard

>WAAAH IT WAS POINT BLANK HOW CAN IT MISS LOL???
This game does good job on proving how stupid """gamers""" are.

I pulled 3 on the final chrysalid legacy mission. 2 avatar pods and one gatekeeper pod. Still won.

Not bumrushing to flank every single target isn't hard either but not being able to do so is seen as the worst game design decision of all times

Yeah xcom 2 and 1 suck overall but there are people who swear by it
I can only stand them with the long war mod

You are talking to hordes of 14 year olds

Grenades are very helpful early game when your guys have shit aim.

>we will never have Enemy Within with XCOM 2's modability

I want big tiddy anime bitches fighting aliens in a full on war, not sneaky bullshit. It hurts, bros.

XCom is fucking baby easy, the problem is you

In the original X-Com, enemies naturally wander about. You can deal with it by spreading out your team or by having them stick together. I personally like spreading them out in pairs so you can use scout and sniper tactics. You can deploy smoke grenades to conceal your soldiers and use motion trackers to spot enemies while in the cover of smoke. There are no artificial triggers that activate a group of otherwise dormant enemies.

The main difference between the originals and the reboots is that the originals have much more freedom and intuitive design. If you think a certain tactic makes sense as you imagine it, then you can apply it. You don't have stuff like pods hanging over your head and restricting the way you play.

git rekt scrub

Attached: I may have gone a bit far in some places.jpg (1920x1080, 536K)

Attached: dcvr.jpg (284x279, 14K)

their plan is to have 1 person kill 1 alien each and then get mad when that one person that isn't flanking the enemy misses their 70% shot and their entire perfect "plan" is ruined and their guy gets killed the next turn.

Attached: 1504429984251.jpg (1920x1080, 304K)

Post games thay bring out the shitters on Yea Forums. Xcom and darkest dungeon are excluded because that's too easy.

>What is flanking
>What is obi wan kenobi
>What is grenades
git gud

Attached: 1534120084122.jpg (255x247, 16K)

This so much, what’s fucking risk management? If your plan gets completely ruined by one single bad RNG roll, your plan sucked in the first place and deserved to fail.

This, but unironically, squadwipes are always the best part

Attached: 1540040908158.png (1280x800, 191K)

>hate Yakuza
>hate XCOM
The problem is you OP, you got shit taste.

>He doesn't use grenades to clear cover and do guaranteed damage
>He doesn't close the distance between his targets or use height advantage to improve his hit percentage
>He doesn't use flash or mimic grenades

lrn 2 risk management OP

Now post custom characters pls

Attached: YesItsActuallyHisVoice.png (1587x899, 1.69M)

brainlet

>new xcom
>enemy has a superpower to stand behind walls and trashcans
>well better keep bringing an entire machinegun and over 9000 extra magazines instead of more rockets and grenades

Post the rest of the bio

Get the portable version of cheat engine and use the speed hack, set it to about 3.5, the game is bad because it's infuriatingly slow. You can also speed it up with modified ini files but cheat engine is quicker, as it's just a toggle. Don't use cheat engine in online mode and don't use the installed version, always use portable.

The first XCOM remake had the exact same issue, and simply speeding the game up made it brilliant. There are tools to get around devs deliberately trying to make games seem longer than they really are...use them.

Sorry senpai, going to bed soon so can't really be bothered to dig it up

Have a Doomguy instead

Attached: XCOM_Doomguy.jpg (1901x1064, 340K)

>SQ.DOOM 'DOOMGUY' GUY
I forgive you

Has anyone beat Long War 2? I always get behind in tech and it starts to take too long to kill ayys

>first chosen stronghold summons waves of andromedons
>can't deal with them, lose a couple majors
>the other two chosen just spawn pissant advent troops and chryssalids
>colonels can basically ignore them

firaxis....

Attached: 1351641740692825.jpg (500x333, 40K)

>rest decided to suicide via grenade
Soldiers won't throw anything when they berserk. Soldiers won't prime grenades when they panic or berserk. Soldiers can drop primed grenades if they're in their hands when they panic, but the grenade won't go off until the end of your turn at the least, so why would you let a soldier run around with a primed grenade if your intent isn't to have them being a dead man's switch for that alien around the corner, and why aren't you keeping tabs on which grenades are primed so you can rush to pick them up?

Play War of the Chosen.
You get a heroic sniper unit that can shoot or remotely detonate cars with out leaving cover. Her end game ability fires her entire magazine in one turn. ez

>mfw I realized you can completely cheese all infiltration facility missions with her

Attached: dasRiteNigs.jpg (284x285, 12K)

Yeah it's rng but it's all about building contingency plans and secondary strategies to nullify the effect of rng.

I guess you're not s smart person since you felt rage instead of analysing the current situation and evaluating your available assets.

Attached: 1541328777062.jpg (680x1067, 149K)

>I, Cato Sicarius has been killed

good fucking riddance to that smug smurf fuck.

Maybe try to minimize risks then.
Everytime I see someone complain about Xcom they always use max movepoints to no/shitty cover and then complain that a hiding enemy fucked that one guy they sent up ahead in the ass

Is it me, or is height not really an advantage in EW? Is it actually useful to get the high ground in XCOM2?

Height is good for snipers but keeping your whole squad on high ground isn't worth giving up any possible flanking opportunities you might get

There's definitely a small accuracy boost if you need it

>Everytime I see someone complain about Xcom they always use max movepoints

Maybe that's because XCOM 2 has very shitty timer mechanics

Whay the fuck are you on about? Git gud faggot.

The game was designed to try and force you to lose a soldier or fail a mission. This is why there are rookie recruitment bonuses and other back up plans. Sometimes the timer is easy, others it gets really tight.

So, you're "supposed to" lose soldiers and missions in 2? How common is that on the higher difficulties?

>failing thread
>"oh gee i know what to do! ill post trollface!!"
samefag

If you didn’t like Y0 you probably have shit taste anyway faggot you need to go back

Don't fall into the trap of maximising aim bonuses for your snipers, any hit chance above 100% is still 100% chance to hit. Your sniper's accuracy stat will already increase to become pretty good even without bonuses, so there's no reason to make him hang back on high ground when he can't cover anyone else.

Should've bought Sekiro instead OP. You should know better than to listen to positive vibe posters only ever listen to the negative posters. Xcom 2 is hot garbage.

Is Long War 2 any good? I've heard people say there's too much annoying micromanaging and unfair/cheating AI.

on higher difficulties you'll lose a soldier due to oversights and a serious error (e.g. using both movement points into uncharted territory with your last available soldier) will earn you a wipe

It's okay. What hurts it the most is that it's based off vanilla Xcom2 instead of WotC.

>Didn't like Yakuza 0
Why would I bother reading the rest of your post you tasteless scum?

>xcom 2 multi
haah waaw this is some horseshit

>cheating AI
I don't know about cheating AI but Long War 2 is one of the most frustrating things I've ever played

>Hates X-com
>Hates Yakuza 0

Alright, you no fun having faggot

Yea Forums has the worst fucking taste dude. When these assholes try to recommend some pretentious hippie shit like VTMB (DUDE DAE BUSH SUCKS XD BUSH BAD REPUBLICANS BAD) or a weeaboo combo memorization simulator like SF, I just ignore it at this point. The gaming industry sucks now, there's nothing good being released anymore except for the Steam port of Master Chief Collection. Weeaboo pandering, SJWs and the Epic Games Store have fucking murdered gaming.

I prefer to start by reminding them that Advent is full of cucks

Attached: adventerous husband.jpg (714x1074, 122K)

Is there any way to shorten the campaign of LW2? I loved LW1 but I choose the option that made the campaign twice as fast because that shit takes way too long.

what did they mean by this

Attached: 20170719183108_1.jpg (1920x1080, 707K)

>Master Chief Collection
Fact: Yea Forums isn't and has never been the board for you.

Holy shit now I may pick up XCOM 2 again. I didn’t know about the speed hack and if it does what I’m thinking it does it’s a godsend.

git gud

>not allowed to talk about video games on the video games board
Snoy faggot detected

WotC is awful though

What? 100 Aim becomes 60 if the enemy is in full cover. If you have 140 with aim bonuses, you're still at 100%.