Movie games are responsible for the downfall of vidy-

>Movie games are responsible for the downfall of vidy-

Attached: Movie games done right.png (1404x598, 764K)

Fag.

FFVII ruined gaming, yes.

I'd rather have cutscenes than an unskippable interactive gameplay moment where you are forced to walk while two characters talk to each other.

Which is what FFVII has, hence it ruined gaming.

You're never forced to walk.

FFVII is loaded with these.

You're never forced to breathe, stop doing it.

You're never forced to post, stop doing it.

-eo games

Yes. That's correct.

The downfall just started a lot earlier than you thought. You got it. Congratulations.

Yes, they are. Including those games you posted. One of the main developers behind most of Capcom's 90s fighting games credits FF7 with killing arcades.

But so did VI and V and IV and..you see where I'm going with this?

Congratulations, you finally realised that the PS1 killed vidya

How can anybody blame movie games when always online microtransactions filled multiplayer games are clearly the thing killing games? Like even if you hate movie games surely they aren't the biggest evil.

>metal gear responsible for the downfall of gaming
metal gear is stupid as all holy shit but it does some real innovative stuff during the 1/5 of the game you actually play.

>stealth
>game

This is a joke, right? Both of those have more gameplay than cutscenes. There's even collectibles and side shit to do. Like said. I'd rather have long cutscenes than gameplay/cutscenes combined.

>Both of those have more gameplay than cutscenes.
Not compared to other RPG and stealth games at the time.

Attached: FinalMovieVII.png (418x596, 248K)

>at the time.
Oh yeah, I forgot that video games used to be good. Wtf happened?

>Wtf happened?
Jap developers started focusing on cinematics over gameplay, which then bled throughout the entire industry.

>yakuzafag on damage control this quickly
lmao

>This kid honestly believes that 14 hours is more than half of an average FF7 playthrough

Attached: aeris smug.jpg (467x700, 69K)

>He thinks it's acceptable to have fourteen hours of cutscenes in a game

what if was a 1400 hour game user
what fucking if
I've seen you samefagging, user. What *exactly* do you want?

Attached: sypha curious.png (426x414, 239K)

If a game is going to tell the story, it should naturally integrated through the gameplay itself. Stopping every thirty minutes to vomit exposition at the player, which consist of sitting there and pressing X, is not very good use of the medium. As bad as games like TLoU are about this, at least it doesn't do it for fourteen hours.

unfortunately this is the worst thing about japanese games is interrupting your gameplay every 5 minutes with cutscenes or text boxes
i seriously rather have a minute or so of walking and talking sections

Thank you for proving that point right, OP.

>13 hours
and I have 42 hours into the game and I haven't even got all the collectables nor beat either ruby or emerald

Oh wow two games made 30 yeara ago