I wasn't aware that digimon got so stylish...

I wasn't aware that digimon got so stylish. Figured I'd give the latest game a shot and even in the first 10 minutes I'm impressed.

Attached: 37AB8CE8-17A9-4708-87E2-54701109D6C8.jpg (1920x1080, 207K)

I'm at 44hours on chapter 7 I'm super focused on digivolving since it's my first digimon too

>starting with the sequel
Nice job user

Played them both, theyre silly long games that drag on for abit to much. Abuse ABI to make op digimons.

to be fair, bamco did arbitrarily delist the first game from the digital store a few months ago, so i can see why people would make that mistake.

Attached: 1543809846473.jpg (1552x9350, 3.09M)

My gf played the first one alot and I liked the looks of it. I'm semi familiar with the story so far but I don't play for the story, just for the battle system and digimon.

Attached: 4E0C3ECB-997B-46B8-B99B-0D7083183CAD.jpg (1920x1080, 291K)

Honestly it doesnt really matter, both games are happening alongside each other.

The story of Hacker's Memory is easier to understand when you've played Cyber Sleuth
Since it's happening at the same time, but the cast isn't involved, shit happens in CS and that impacts what's happening in HM, but most of the time nobody tells you what happened

hacker's memory assumes you've played the first game, though.

I am going to 100% it since I only have a week off. Wanted to complete the whole field guide the. most, what online stuff does it have?

From here it just looks like a poor man's SMT

Doesn't really have any of the same appeals. Maybe a lite dot hack?

the cyber sleuth games are basically a cross between soul hackers and trails in the sky.
they have a chapter structure like kiseki, and the detective agency and hudie are essentially bracer guilds. the gameplay is more like megaten and the story was clearly inspired by soul hackers.

No idea haven't touched online

>stylish

Well the artist who did the characters designs has always been pretty stylish.

Just a few Trophies for playing online matches, I think that's it

100%ing it is going to be a huge grind though. The Field Guide is one thing, you'll see once you get further in the game how much of a commitment that is.
But then there's the medal collection, which is pure RNG

Will it appeal to me if the farthest I've kept up with the series was Tamers? I don't know nothing about no Royal knight niggers or whatever

should i start with the sequel i dont care for the story on the digimon

Royal Knights are just a specific group of Digimon
There are a bunch of those. The Devas from Tamers are one such group.

Royal Knights get memed a lot because they're 2cool but it's not like you need to watch Savers or X Evolution or anything to understand them

Digimon constantly shifts canon between animated series, manga and games. Cyber Sleuth is a world of its own so it's perfectly fine even if you've never heard of a Digimon before playing the game.

if you liked tamers, you'll love these games. they're a lot like tamers in that they focus more on the technological aspect of digimon than the fantasy aspect.
you don't need to know anything about the royal knights going into it. the first game does a good enough job of explaining who they are and what they do.

Ty dudes, I already have a fondness for SMT so this seems like it'll be a fun time

so you only like it because of the characters... clothes

what?

Everything, the tech, the aesthetics, just really nice looking.

>style is exclusive to clothing

is that sans undertale?

Yasuda is a God, it's so funny seeing how he low-key introduced a lot of lewd stuff into a children's franchise like Digimon

Attached: Digimon_Story_Cyber_Sleuth_Hacker's_Memory_20th_Anniversary_Art.png (2000x1161, 1.89M)

>introduced

Attached: 1530117147783.jpg (320x240, 14K)

>mfw Eater theme

Attached: 1530316895694.jpg (501x501, 14K)

Is the sequel actually good?

You fucked up by starting with the second game in a story-heavy duology.

Yes, Hacker's Memory is basically like the equivalent of Persona 2 Eternal Punishment or SMT4 Apocalypse.

it's not like eternal punishment at all, though. it's a midquel that takes place during the events of the first game, not a direct sequel.

I didn't mean it literally you fucking monkey.
I meant in general similarity.
You have many of the same, familiar locations and the game is directly connected to the plot of the previous game while at the same time having a lot of its own new things that make it more than just an asset flip.