Hey, check out this new nihon poker game. I think it's called mahjong or majaan. Anyone plays it?

Hey, check out this new nihon poker game. I think it's called mahjong or majaan. Anyone plays it?

Attached: 1557005169300.png (1739x922, 1.69M)

Other urls found in this thread:

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=91048
pastebin.com/22TD79vN
gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html
youtube.com/watch?v=hlnC2rgIPrc
youtube.com/watch?v=hlnC2rgIPrc&t=2451s
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=420382998
youtu.be/PpgcQ3A3PVE
nodocchi.moe/tenhoulog/#!&name=user
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=92020
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=84835
amazon.com/Mahjong-mat-junk-japan/dp/B0017KHW3A
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=81573
twitter.com/MahjongSoul?lang=en
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=83460
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=19194
abema.tv/now-on-air/mahjong
youtu.be/ZpwtG7UT9XA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do you know that you can transform 2s and 7s into 9s and Haku with Godmoupai?

NEED CAT GF

What's godmoupai? I am still learning.

PONNYA

Who's the cutest?

Attached: 1556991016570.jpg (1200x821, 264K)

The nyagger

It's a fun tile matching game. My grampma loves it.

Attached: shanghai-dynasty_2_big.jpg (640x480, 162K)

you

>Keep handing good tiles to the guy at my right
>He sends a smug emote
>Kan into Tsumo
>Send my smuggest emote despite my low scoring hand
This game is addictive as fuuuuuuck man. I'm descending into darkness off it

Good game lads.
No Kuitan is comfy as fuck.

Attached: riichi.jpg (364x3120, 223K)

Where is the best place to play mahjong online?

Attached: kaiji-and-group.png (704x396, 587K)

Nooooooo,
Go back to making shitposting thread, stop talking about a game !

It's a godly technique.

GG, those were some good dama hands.

>for kids
>it's actually far harder than the real mahjong

NicoNico Pairon

Reach into the computer screen and press down on the tiles really hard

Played this shit on one of those "100 games on a single disk" thingies back in the day.
To think that I'd get into proper mahjong some day.

>Yea Forums literally spazzes out about chinkshit epic and tencent or whatever
>now spams a shitty chink game as if it were goty
i don't fucking get you faggots.

My virgin friend says tenho is still the best.

Does everyone rank up in East only? You tend to go negative in South if you end up in 4th so it feels like you lose more rank getting in 4th than getting 1st in South.

>have a 3 way wait
>someone early riichis
>get ron'd off a tile that was played literally two turns ago
>get a chiitoitsu with dora in the very first turn in next round
>nobody draws my tile for the rest of the round
>get seat AND prevailing wind kan, akadora, and multiple dora from kan draw next round
>get cucked again
WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO WIN

Attached: match.png (1775x971, 1.71M)

I swear to god I've seen this exact post before.

mahjong awakens my inner tired salaryman.

I seriously need to learn the different Yaku

I always click both

Everyone goes for easy 1 han hands on Tonpuusen, might as well go with the flow and save comfy Hanchan games for when you play with friends.

Finally broke out of bronze hell. It's looking great.
Hope you're doing well Anons.

Attached: mahjong trend.png (754x198, 60K)

~70 rolls only 2 girls and ones I don't want

It's safer in East only, playing less round means if you're losing you won't lose so much.

Mahjong is chinese not nip shit. The game also fucking sucks and anyone playing atm has willingly installed chinese spyware and are fucking retarded

We grew up. It's time to board chink masterpieces.

Post the girls you have and the girls you want.

How many dollars was that?

there aren't many options if you want to play mahjong online, you take what you can get
it's a decent mahjong client and it has cute girls as a bonus what's not to like?

Attached: mahjong.gif (275x319, 1.88M)

>But if there are 8 drawable tiles (4 for kans and 4 for north replacements), then there's only 6 for dora indicators, with only three of those being in the top row. So do the tiles from the back of the live wall become the new dora indicators?
No, because there is always 14 tiles, the last tile of the live wall turns into dead wall. So assuming no one calls kita, and someone calls Kan, the bottom tile of the last column would become dead wall. When you call a second kan, the top tile also becomes deadwall, now giving you breathing room for the third kan. If you DO call the third Kan, the bottom tile of the last column of the live wall becomes dead wall, meaning that you'll just baaaaaaarely have enough room that when you call the 4th kan, the top part of the last column of the live wall will become dead wall just in time to be flipped over for a new dora-indicator.

The only time this would become a problem is if someone got 4 kans, in tenpai for Suukantsu, then someone else called a kan and nobody else played any Kita. THEN you'd have to either abort early, or you'd have to flip a live tile.

I can't even remember all the hands

>anyone playing atm has willingly installed chinese spyware and are fucking retarded
>browser game
Here's your (You).

Only South.

Attached: adept.png (117x121, 36K)

Hanchan get in here

>Square
>Branch
>Flower
>Meadow
Does Chinese mahjong have more tile types than the riichi version?

>retard doesn't know what riichi is

Attached: 1.png (1081x945, 1.11M)

>he doesn't know shit can be injected through scripts
imagine being this retarded

When did you get first and second girl? After how many rolls?

>tfw you play this game with Yea Forums while fapping
nothing feel better than getting riichi and then edging until you cum as you ron

Honestly aside from tea girl and PONNYA they're all pretty boring. It's like they tried to make them more interesting by making them more cliche, but they just ended up being caricatures. I guess genius girl and alcoholic are okay.

You will after some time.

Some other variants may use the flowers tiles, not sure about their rules though.

the worst possible thing that could happen is a bitcoin miner on the page and if you don't have ublock you're a dipshit.

Friendly reminder this is Chinese spyware like another user has said. If you have downloaded it I advise you to wipe your HD and perform a clean OS install. Or don't I'm not your dad

There's a different between Epic and Tencent and a fucking online mahjong lobby made by an indie gacha studio.

I don't get the different kind of hands. Does getting certain triplets get you more points? When does the game end?

Hang nyaggers.

Mahjong Soul is the hot new thing that's got Yea Forums in a mahjong-fueled frenzy, since the barrier to entry has been made as low as possible.
Tenhou.net is the lo-fi client that was "our" default place until Mahjong Soul came. It's still a good place to meet strong opponents.
Sega MJ is also cool, I guess.
Janryumon is beyond our borders; you must never go there, user.

You write like a faggot. Just say you want yet another chinese poker thread, you ass clown.

Keep on giving them data retard.

>Some other variants may use the flowers tiles, not sure about their rules though.
IIRC flowers are basically just free kans. You draw them, slot them off to the side, do a rinshan, and get bonus fu at the end for having a flower.

Here's a beginner's guide, and I'm posting a picture of the Yaku. I hope this helps user.
pastebin.com/22TD79vN

Attached: Yaku List.png (2600x1750, 577K)

don't you have some twitter thread to go shit up?

Attached: 1.gif (640x480, 132K)

It's something you have to memorize. Each type of hand gives you some nimber of yaku and you need at least 1 to win.

Certain hands are harder to make and hence give more yaku.

Maybe you can try to win with some of the lower ones first to get a feel of what it's like.

>Does getting certain triplets get you more points?
Yes. Triplets of "honor" tiles can be worth points on their own, while triplets of "number" tiles are only ever worth points if you have more triplets (either your whole hand is all triplets, or you have 3 triplets of the same number, or something like that).

When I say "triplet" I mean 3-of-a-kind, incidentally.

>When does the game end?
Depends on the type of match you're playing. It's either at the end of south 4 or east 4, or when someone's score goes negative.

>first game in Silver
>get absolutely destroyed
name a worse feeling

Attached: 1526090171173.png (151x151, 42K)

You got it. You can also get bonus han depending on the ruleset. Apparently the flowers have a seat order to them too. I remember 1 han (they call it faan) was for having no flowers as well, because most rulesets actually COMPEL you to announce them and draw a replacement.

Why did all the Westerners stop playing already. It is so much harder to win now.
t.Gold

and cock.li won't let me log in my account, fuck this shit I don't care anymore
never again

Getting absolutely destroyed in Bronze, forever unable to get out.

South if you're good.
East if you're feeling lucky.

>Pon a tile so my yaku-less hand is at least in tenpai
>End up getting a houtei mangan

Attached: nyanako.png (238x419, 202K)

Have you meet the japs in glod?

Tell me the video game user.

Thank you, I'll try with some bots.

redpill me on sega MJ

>One tile away from Kokushi tenpai
>Last Wind tile I needed is dealt.

NOT TAKING THE EASY ROKU!!!!

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!

Mahjong soul

Mahjong fucking sucks and no one actually knows how to play.

mahjongsoul.yo-star.com/#/

You got up there pretty quickly. Even if I was consistently placing well I don't think I'd be Adept 3 yet.

It has play-by-play commentator, 10/10 hype as fuck.

They are too stupid. We warned them that's all that can be done

Thanks dudes

Attached: Cyborg Grandpa G.jpg (639x424, 31K)

Is the first purchase bonus only for a first purchase in general, or is it a bonus for buying that package for the first time? For example, would I get double when I buy the $15 pack and then also get double if I buy the $30 pack afterwards?

Attached: death by jpeg.webm (1280x720, 2.52M)

I think most of people here are not from Yea Forums.
inb4 「user was banned for this post」

It's been talked about a bunch of times, IIRC you get 2x on first purchase of each tier but don't take my word for it.

Should I keep my hand closed as in aim for richi or pon and chi whenever I can? Sorry I am new and brainless. I have played against easy bots 16 times and won just once. Cant construct a single all simples yaku or richii before someone wins.

Finally out of bronze, goddamn it took me way longer than it should've.

Attached: baiman.jpg (1464x822, 271K)

is correct, take my word for it

I see, thanks. That's basically what I meant. The tiles from the live wall that get added to the dead wall now become potential dora indicators. It threw me off because in normal 4 player mahjong the dead wall has all the tiles it needs for kan dora right away, and the ones you add from back of the live wall just always stay face down and aren't used.

Pon and Chi only when you have a plan or reason to do so, a Yaku you're working towards (or already have).

Finally a Mahjong game for retards like me who are terrible at reading moon runes.

yeah I got gloded, that describes it well

I'm tired of these fucking hags pulling early riichis out of their ass

Pinfu is your friend. It's 'easier' to play with a closed hand; calling tiles requires a certain know-how in terms of when to commit. Of course you can be a retard who just pons a honor and then calls every single time he can, ending up with an epic 2 han hand. The advantage of playing closed is you can just fold if you see somebody pon a dora or riichii and your hand is cheap and far from being completed. Work on your tile efficiency for the time being.

dumb nyagger.

Is there a way to disable timer against bots?

60s is more than enough time, just practice

That doesn't work on chinks. It does work on gooks though.

>love playing mahjong
>Love Yea Forums is now playing mahjong
>It's filled with waifu faggotry
I don't know how I feel about this.

What's the best way to learn? I've ssen it in both Yakuza and FF XIV (games I love) and always wanted to play but I don't have a fecking clue my dudes.

stop replying to the samefagging shitposter

Kek but I'm just a harmless fag from Yea Forums.

Attached: Gin to Kin v05 c45 014.png (152x243, 44K)

Who /oldfag/ here.

Attached: JRMSS-20120208_234021.jpg (1024x768, 282K)

Play this instead if you're just practicing:
AI only, no time limit

Also keep in mind that the dora indicator being so far back is to offset the tiles about to be taken from players calling kita, which is very, very rare that they don't. It's free han, after all. It is unlikely someone will ever get suukantsu, and it's even MORE unlikely they'll get suukantsu in a round where nobody calls for a kita.

Most likely are benefactors. You can tell

Just look up some videos on youtube.

Don't worry, there are people who knows how to play the game. You'll have a good time.

these are great OPs, keep them going.

Also, GIVE ME YOUR BEST IMPESSION OF THE CAT

Become a hag and rek their reputation!

>Winnie the Pooh
The fuck? Why is THAT in the pasta?

Just play this until you get it.

Attached: mednafen 2019-04-12 18-36-01-80.avi_snapshot_00.59_[2019.04.16_12.14.11].jpg (904x720, 422K)

youtube.com/watch?v=hlnC2rgIPrc
I used this video to learn the basic rules. It's super long but it's nice and detailed and goes slow so it's not overwhelming. I find other "beginner guides" leave out too much stuff and you end up confused about what's happening.

My original tenhou account got deactivated since I was inactive

I used to spend a lot of time on Saturn's Super Real Mahjong. Good times.

Attached: Mednafen 2019-04-12 18-36-01-80.webm (878x672, 1.6M)

I'll try all of this. Is the difference between JP and Chinese games just the ruleset or do they use different tiles?

Getting destroyed in Gold because your net stops working and when you finally get back you're at 9k points from an already low 20k.

It's Lengthy, but you can learn everything from here: youtube.com/watch?v=hlnC2rgIPrc&t=2451s

Also this: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=420382998

Attached: saki.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

Attached: chi pon chi pon.gif (450x350, 54K)

Legitimately banned in China.

Yes. Different rules and even some more tiles on the Chinese variation.
If you can put up with my shitty accent, I made a 15 minute video on how to get started with it.
youtu.be/PpgcQ3A3PVE

Try the guide here to get started:

Japanese rules use 136 tiles (1-9 in three suits plus seven honors, all times four). Chinese rules add 8 "flower tiles" that give bonus points if you draw them but don't otherwise interact with the game (like the red threes in Canasta).

What the ever living fuck for?

Attached: Cat girl getting sucked.png (1000x815, 676K)

I hit the intermediate hellhole in silver and everyone feels like they get tenpai super fast with good hands and they never deal what I need.

Attached: canyan brainyalet.png (703x780, 1013K)

What does fold mean?

Most of these threads were mostly "hahaha idk how to play I only know mahjong from saki and akagi xD is it easy?"

I'm not expecting much from Yea Forums

Okay, I'll trust you.

Attached: 1488440434404.jpg (496x441, 33K)

never would've thought that a kusoge would be this addicting. I actually feel like I understand Mahjong now.
bros, why is tutorial girl best girl? such a based neko.

Sounds fine, i'll watch this before the BIG one.
Well anime bobs will always help me learna nything

People kept joking about how much Xi Jinping looked like Winnie the Pooh.

Is this some strip mahjong shit?
My fucking dick.

It has gembutsu hilighting against people who have riichi'd.

Playing defensive and throwing safe tiles.

Easier with a closed hand since you have more options.

Some people said the current leader looks like Pooh Bear, and apparently he really hates that. The whole situation is hilarious.

I wish I was making this up but it's literally memes. Memes that are saying that the Prime Minister looks like Winnie the Pooh.

Unf those pixelated tiles are sexy

It means that you abandon the objective of completing a hand, and instead concentrate on discarding "safe" tiles that can't be ronned by the "dangerous" player.

Most of the old console mahjong games are like that. They give you the bad habit of just going for the win though, regardless of the score.

I see, so if I were to get in to it and buy a real set I could just not play with the flower tiles if I use Japanese rules?

hanchan
need 1

>mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=91048
3/4

This shit just writes itself. Thanks anons for telling me this.

Attached: Haaaaaaa Naofumi Shield Hero.png (615x372, 130K)

Because of furiten rule you know which tiles you opponents can't win off. If you discard only those they can't ron you. Keep in mind that EVERY tile discarded after somebody riichiis is safe against that riichii, because passing up a ron in riichii puts you in permanent furiten. Try to pay attention to people's discards and don't fall for the trap of falling into folding against riichii only to deal into a more expensive non-riichii hand elsewhere.

Me but unironically

And someone else took it? You need to reclaim that fortress user. By the way look
5 different owners
9 different owners

Yeah, Chinese mahjong sets work just fine with Japanese rules. You won't have the option of adding red fives (that you would have with a Japanese set), but that's not too much of a loss. I personally think Japanese mahjong sets are more aesthetic though.

Play with me then in Mahjong Soul. Others can join.
5+10 hanchan
No open Tanyao
3 Red Dora
East-South Round

Also, one can always just paint the sets' fives red.

Kuitan nashi is based but you ought to drop the red fives desu, it's retarded.

>Riichi in my first round of a South match
>Gets down to the last few tiles to draw
>Self draw tile I need
>Tsumo'd so hard on that a Chinaman disconnected

Not the greatest, but I had the dora and uradora and bled everyone for 18k

Attached: hand.png (1028x180, 116K)

2/4

Hey user, sit down let's play a game.

Attached: 7329482046152.jpg (1366x768, 432K)

3/4

>No open Tanyao

>one trick pony haitei
>one trick pony rinshan
>literally who
They're pretty weak desu. I can just PON NYA them to the very end.

HOL UPNYA
*pon*
SO YOU BE SAYINYA
*pon*
SO WHAT YOU BE SAYINA IS
*chi*
YOU FINNYA
*dealer riichis*
YOU FINNYA GONNYA SAYINYA
*kan on the discarded riichi tile*
THAT WE WUZ SOME FINNYA
*kan again on another tile the dealer discards*
WE WUZ SOME KINNYA
*does superb emote*
AINT GOT NO NYAKKKKKKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
*double ronned, dealer sanbaiman, non-dealer haneman, 5 dora each*

Nah, I don't play against girls.

Feels nice being able to play with real people, although the older games also have their charm.

Attached: mednafen 2019-05-04 20-21-50-67.webm (496x400, 2.48M)

Majsoul gacha. Why do you people even do this? You're wasting money for less than nothing.

Attached: gacha.jpg (604x194, 36K)

>paying for waifus
>when cat is the best

Attached: 1556838788392.png (159x158, 47K)

I'm not really using any money. Nor intend on doing so. It's just a simple and quick way to play against other people.

Tell that to all the souls they sent to the shadow realm.

Attached: soul harvesting.jpg (784x1880, 685K)

only like

>tfw you don't mind whaling out to get a #rare character but you already have the best one cause she's free
What did Mahjong Soul devs mean by this.

I'm after the wishing stones for free so my hag is finally cute. I think I can manage 10 dust rolls over some time.

Attached: 63043072_p46.jpg (515x461, 95K)

>I wish I had a slick riichi mahjong client that I didn't have to pay for
>I guess I'll just make one
>throw in a gacha or something to make money, people like that stuff I hear

>They can smell when you have a pair of your own wind at the start

Attached: Gulp Kaguya.png (633x425, 132K)

What are the different ways a game can end? There's the obvious one of dealer not winning/being in tenpai at end of south 4. Also if someone goes negative the game ends. But I just had a game end after I won as dealer in south 4, ronning the leader to become the leader with 33200 points and 4th place had 13600.

Was an exciting game too, i was at 8000 points at beginning of south round.

Dealer winning last round as the 1st place.

I think I get the game, but I don't at the same time? Help a brainlet out? Do you basically place certain tiles down until you match a set or a pile?

cool, thanks

Finally won my first match

The All Simple Yaku is a blessing for a brainlet like me

A list of yaku for beginners should be sorted by prevalence, starting with and emphasizing the Big Four (i.e. riichi, tan'yao, yakuhai, pinfu). If you don't know the Big Four, you don't know Japanese mahjong.

It's the Japanese version of the game you colossal dumpass

So when you get gifts from a chest, are you supposed to sell them for dust, or gift them to the girls?

>pinfu and tanyao are the fundamentals of mahjong

Attached: 1525897259993.png (560x365, 123K)

I made this a couple days ago. Didn't really seem to get much response though. I agree that most yaku lists don't really give beginners anything to latch on to, they are just a huge confusing infodump and don't really give a proper progression for learning, so in the end they're still not sure what they should do most of the time. I'm not a graphic designer or anything so someone could probably do better than me.

Attached: yaku.jpg (900x8204, 2.16M)

If there's a girl you want to raise bond with, giving them their "favorite" gift (e.g. cookies for the Afrinyan-Amerinyan) will give you a 50% bond bonus. Personally I just grind it down though, since matches raise bond value anyway

>chanta
>uncommon
I go for chanta every hand.

This is great user, thanks. As a beginner it's nice to see what yaku I should lean towards instead of going for 13 orphans every hand.

I like this one

Attached: mahjongyaku.png (1000x2460, 1.37M)

I made because I found a lot of friends I was teaching having the most trouble deciding when they can open their hands, or needing ways to add a yaku on when they panic click a call for dora or something. It wasn't really intended to be an all in one beginner reference, just a nice clean yaku sheet for once you know the basics. I did want to add some other little references, like a guide for the manzu numbers, but there really isn't any space left.

Yours looks great for people in the "I have no fucking idea what any of the yaku are and I can't memorize all these at once" phase, I'll hang onto it for teaching people as well

>he calls Pin tiles "dots"
>he calls Sou tiles "bamboo"
>he calls Man tiles "characters"

Attached: 1534289076151.jpg (372x428, 80K)

>get a great initial hand
>nobody draws my tile for the rest of the game
>go for a big dick play
>someone tsumo early for 1-han
>go for a quick hand
>get early ron'd with a suji tile
so this is what hell is like

Attached: zawa.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

>Not specks, beans and toons

A good way to understand Yaku beyond playing the game is to try and make them in a Mahjong Calculator.

Because anyone can tell you a San Shoku is three identical sequences in each suit, but that means nothing without an example and even then you'll probably forget it.

Trying it out with an actual calculator is good to quickly make a hand and see if you understand how it works.

Attached: file.png (623x893, 75K)

What does the summon scroll do?
Is that what you use to roll for waifus?

Attached: 1556913362201.jpg (1244x424, 395K)

It's easier for westerns to memorize characters like that. I was the same back in the day but gotten used to Man, Pin, Sol.

Yes

how do i get my friends to play this with me they all think it's dumb and gay but havent even tried it

they also think it's a game for old chinese women

need time to think?
too bad
3+5, south

Find new friends.

>he's a fucking weeaboo

Old Chinese women don't internet
We're all 18 here.

here's your jongg bro

Attached: High-Quality-Cheap-Chinese-Gifts-Melamine-Green.jpg (800x800, 303K)

3/4

Well they're not exactly wrong about any of that.

Thanks

Attached: 1556925528931.gif (320x180, 424K)

hanchan

still 3/4

all the hands infographs and shit being posted for beginners is great, but if im a beginner what type of game should i start with? 3 players/ 4 players or?

4 players is standard

>that pic of subara sitting happily with her tanki
CUTE

4. 3P is Pig Disgusting.

4P South, 5+20s. 2/4
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=92020

A bit inaccurate tho, especially the definition for san'ankou

I'll try this again another time, seems like not enough people interested in 3+5 right now

Full

3/4

Yes, I play it in FF14

Attached: temp.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

5 seconds is hard because you need to always focus and there's barely any room for drinking or even yawning. Internet mahjong is for leisure.

How many of you fags are from Yea Forums? I feel like the posting rate there fell off pretty hard in the last week because of this game.

Attached: 1555313235998.png (534x623, 194K)

It's not called 3PPD for nothing.

thinking of buying a set of these YMI tiles on amazon but would need some type of table to play on.. anyone got a recommendation? (cheapest best option plz)

I haven't watched anime in like a year.

Just buy a mat and use any table

Buy a Junk Mat and put it on a regular table.

I know you can change it to a more traditional one but I still have to comment on how atrocious that tileset is
It's even worse than irl american sets

I'm an old Yea Forumsnon, don't really visit Yea Forums that much anymore.

>chii
>yaku
why don't they just use gaijin terms for this shit

Because they don't exist

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=84835
Hanchan

There aren't any. Stop being a bitch and just memorize them.

Why invent new terms if there already are widely known ones?

Junk mats are nice, but the price is a little high for what it is since it's imported. You don't really NEED one, but having an edge to build the walls against is nice and the tenbou trays are great too. They just feel nice to play on.
amazon.com/Mahjong-mat-junk-japan/dp/B0017KHW3A

You can really use anything though, just buy a folding table and you're golden. I've heard you can get dedicated mahjong folding tables from chinatown shops but never looked myself

>It's atrocious because you can actually tell what numbers the tiles are without learning Kanji numbers

Because there aren't any. All the yaku themselves have english terms if you prefer to use them though.

Who are you quoting?

Some of the terms are actually just corruptions of English words in the first place, like dora = dragon. It's a mobius double riichiaround of stupid.

2\4

After seeing this spammed the last few nights I finally signed up for this spyware.

Y'all plebs in Bronze rank really don't know what you're doing.

Mahjong Soul client for Android when?

>that feeling when I damaged my mat by storing it improperly

Attached: 8b5.gif (480x270, 111K)

Soon.

Attached: Ichihime-7.png (100x100, 22K)

Japanese Mahjong is in serious need of a balance pass, some of the rules are just plain retarded. Like the fact that getting four of a kind is usually a bad thing that you want to pass on.

hmm i am a NEET who lives in Jersey so going to chinatown could be an excuse to leave the house...

but yeah i mainly want something with felt because ive heard about tiles cracking and would just want them being discarded+shuffled around on a soft surface over anything else

Rolled it up too tight?

The main problem with the scoring is when you look at the point formula, Japan adds two extra han to the final score tally for literally no reason. Kan are fantastic if you want to add fu to your score, which is useful in Chinese cause your Fu is also your money. But you hit the limit with no effort in Japanese.

Yea Forums now is shit, just like Yea Forums always was

Attached: 1536696361193.jpg (1280x1440, 980K)

Soon I hope, I want to play at work but doing it on browser unable to use full screen fucking sucks

Attached: tumblr_o3u0fbnSnE1utr3djo1_1280.jpg (800x600, 95K)

It's faster to say yaku than "a winning condition". Meh

Get in here you fucks

That's what I don't like, going for fu is fun but it feels shitty that after barely any han which are easy to get because dora, it just doesn't count at all. I also don't like how han don't matter after a certain point unless it's enough to break into the next score tier.

I wish it was just something fu and doubles like chinese, just so every scoring thing you do actually counts

>early riichi
>player hasn't called anything
WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU DO

If you're talking about that user who shows up in the threads talking is chipped YMI set, his is an extremely edge case of edge case. Those YMI sets are pretty good quality, and I've been playing with mine for a long time, just dumping it out on hard wood and what not. I am genuinely shocked every time he mentions that his cracked.

Sorry dude, host here, i left you to play with chinks a fast east game

I don't know what you're asking, if they riichi at any point in the game they can't have called anything.

Those who joined this room, GG. I have to go now though. It was fun playing.

Why don't you just fullscreen your browser?

GGs.

I think the problem had something to do with the two side bars. There are several crevices in the mat now that make it hard to shuffle the tiles around.

stop playing weeb chink games if it bothers you

Is there an app for this? Want to play this at work.

drop chanta tiles and hope it isn't a tanki wait on any of it

No worries. I stuck around for a few more seconds but nobody else joined so I bailed too.

Sorry dumb question, just saying whenever you have little information to work with riichi or not

I did end up creasing the mat with one of the sharp edges of the side bars once too, but it puffed back out after a little bit.
I just make sure everything's loosely sitting in the bag when I put it away now

>When all of your tiles are constantly shit, and you're constantly dealing into bullshit "Who the fuck would wait on that?" hands
I'm done.

Attached: Kujou_Riu-5.png (100x100, 23K)

Chinese ver. has it, so it's soon. Play Sega MJ in the meantime.

I still don't know what you're talking about, are you asking about how to defend against it? Remember that any tile anyone discarded after someone riichi'd is 100% safe against the guy in riichi

what if you don't have any

Winning need luck but not losing need some skill user.

If you have a good hand like this might as well just push it.

Yea and say its early game with small pools and at best you might have a suji to work with

>"Who the fuck would wait on that?"
if you have to ask yourself this question before dealing in, then they probably are waiting on it

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like. Cats and lesbians beware.

Attached: DKm8_1iX0AAKw3d.jpg (652x511, 53K)

>keep going back and forth between giant strings of 1st and giant strings of 4th
I can't take this stress anymore

Attached: 1541611002098.jpg (800x916, 96K)

>jersey
Yerr

Kojima ;_;7

>tfw someone deals into your 1pin wait even though there's 3 of them already on the board

Attached: dddd32dddddddddddddddddddddddd32.jpg (392x495, 133K)

Why don't just use your phone's browser?

Works fine on my phone

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-04-18-57-33-675.png (2246x1080, 1.68M)

Well the one good thing about an early riichi is safe tiles start to pile up and there are more and more copies of the safe tiles. This is why double riichis often drag out for a while and just end in a tsumo, with each new tile that goes down three more safe ones are created.

Could be worse
>get destroyed by lucky initial hands and then get cucked out of all your big hands by shitty 1-hans so you have zero chance of making a comeback

Against early riichi either you follow discard or just ignore it completly.

So close

Attached: failure.png (1671x943, 1.61M)

hanchan desu
3/4

This is a good single player version to practice on gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html

There's even a list of hands below.

Anyone else play Mahjong irl?

I'm pretty lucky, I had a bunch of friends who taught me how to play with their set and from there I just loved it. I had just seen Akagi so I picked it up quite quickly. I bought my own set and a junk mat the next year and starting teach more people at a society I run at uni how to play, and they all love it as well. I've taught around 20+ people at this point.

I just got off a game today actually, I play it every Saturday with my friends and it's a lot of fun, it's really nice to feel tiles and slam them down on the table. Plus things like making the wall and flipping the dora tile correctly can't be taught online.

I'll always remember the moment I finished a game of Mahjong, went upstairs and put on a random episode of Akagi and I was so overjoyed that I fucking UNDERSTOOD what was happening.

Attached: 1550145847079.jpg (308x353, 13K)

I play irl, but I only have two friends into it so far so we can't do full games.
What set do you have?

I tried to thirteen orphans but it didn't happen.

Attached: orphans.jpg (1122x156, 115K)

I'm a sucker for long black hime cuts

Attached: 9acd253905b6f8bc5c67b6e92a2281a4.jpg (600x839, 55K)

How do I even unlock characters without paying? There are no daily login bonuses or achievements or anything.

it's a rough one

Attached: 1529465972691.png (509x168, 55K)

You can say "Uno!" instead of Riichi, if you want.

Your only option is 50 item donations to exchange the shit for 1 single gacha roll at 5% of getting a character. So no, you really can't unless you're willing to play hundreds of hours for one roll.

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=81573
East

>He uses Autosort.

Attached: 13.jpg (281x187, 11K)

>he uses his eyes

Attached: Ichikawa.jpg (720x480, 33K)

Fu also gets rounded up in japanese which makes the smaller sources of fu totally useless. You could easily revise Japanese rules to omit fu altogether.

Also in Chinese mahjong, hands are worth fewer points due to the lack of the baseline 2 han, but the scoring limits are also much lower, so in practice a 5han hand still always reaches the points limit (or 4 han 40 fu, 3 han 70 fu). Typically 500 basic points is the limit and there aren't even any higher limits like haneman/baiman/yakuman. Even yakuman hands are no more valuable than a 5han hand.

But the thing which makes scores go absolutely crazy in Japanese mahjong is dora. The one standard dora is fine but add in kan dora, akadora and uradora and things start getting really nutty.

this game got me so fucking tired and frustrated and depressed today
I had several, several, several extremely gigantic big dick hands on riichi, but almost all of them got destroyed by shitty 1-han or 2-han hands made by other niggers, and most of them would only have a chance to win by going for a good hand, not a fast hand
it was frustrating enough to make me want to quit mahjong forever because I don't think I'll ever be able to build such beautiful hands again
it made me realize that in today's meta fast hands are everything that matters (I read that somewhere), the big dick hands will never happen unless you riichi them very very early on because of 1-han niggers
fuck this game so much, would it get better at high ladder games or worse?

Attached: 1555805776240.jpg (698x396, 41K)

reminder not to discard the last dragon when someone has 2 triplets showing and is using the knife emote

Switch to 3P.

One spot open

But I always go for big dick hands and often get it.
sometimes I fail, but それは麻雀だ.

3/4

hell yeah not 6-tiled ponds

also, to add to this
it makes me wish there was an alternate game mode where east wind tiles and dragon tiles don't count for a yaku
the only yaku allowed for open hands in my mahjong would be:
>player's own wind
>triplet or quadruplet of dora
>no terminals
and whatever tile patterns that require over 100 IQ and thus are not within the reach of niggers

Sorry but get good

Isn't riichi just "reach" phoneticized in japanese?
It's on katakana after all

If fast hands were all that mattered it would be the only thing you see pros ever do. The real reason why everyone here is getting so unbelievably assblasted over cheap fast hands is because they purposefully ignore tile efficiency to chase big hands, and rightfully get burned for it. You have to wait for the big hands to come to you, if you try to brute force them you will fail and be at the mercy of chiipon fastfags forever.

If you play against good players they'll purposely try to win as quickly as possible if they think you have a big dick hand.

>baseline 2 han
what?

Sounds like chinese mahjong desu, it has far more stringent rules on win conditions and most people play no tanyao with hand value minimum requirements for calling ron.

I still haven't found a good balance. Feels like every time I go for something that isn't a tanyao or pinfu I regret it but on the other hand it's nearly impossible to make a comeback off cheap hands. One nigger getting a stupid hell wait ron on you can cost the match.

>triplet/quad of dora is yaku

Attached: file.png (444x440, 103K)

That's actually not a great hand to go for thirteen orphans, with double S,N,and Red dragon, you would've been better going for all honors or at the very least a half flush.

Statistically, a starting hand with 9 unique honors/terminals aiming to complete Thirteen
orphans will only succeed ~5% of the time (only about 5% even go for it to begin with, the majority will accept the redraw).

At 10 unique starting honor/terminals, the success rate goes up to ~13%; and at 11 unique honor/terminals, it goes up to ~35% which is actually statistically higher than an average hand.

Basically, go for it only if you have 11 starting unique honor/terminals and 10 ONLY if you absolutely need the points, or are so far ahead it doesn't matter.

>tfw you ron the catnigger that's been spamming SUPERB the entire game

Attached: Y2Yt7lM.jpg (400x505, 133K)

I was shocked my city has a mahjong club. We usually have just 1-2 tables going but there are like 100 people total who know how to play. Lazy fucks~

Yes.

Literally just don't riichi you dumb nigger.
If they smell a big hand they'll just switch to dealing safe tiles to avoid the worst.

>You have to wait for the big hands to come to you
Exactly. Not every hand can be a mangan or higher.

>mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=92020
Need another nyagger to take down a yakuman wielding onee-san.

I hate it
I recently played an old mahjong computer game that used an older version of Japanese rules which used the Chinese scoring formula for the most part and it was a fucking blast, every little thing you do stacks up and contributes to your score

I wish modern riichi had sort of a blend of the two, maybe a different doubling formula so dora didn't make it go nuts but still have everything directly mathed out so every han and fu actually affects your score

Attached: 1551743881112.png (842x630, 35K)

The problem with anything that ruins fast open hands is that literally every game just turns into a cointoss riichifest where you're just trying to be first to riichi. Fast open hands are rarely worth as much as riichi hands, so their existence creates a risk-reward thing. Calling reduces your defensive capabilities, makes it easier to tell what kind of hand you have, and usually lowers your hand's value, but it speeds you up. The fact that your huge riichi hand got cucked by a fast hand is GOOD for the game's balance.

I agree that dora can get out of hand fast though. Maybe if dora only counted once for each category. So you can only get 1 han for dora, 1 for akadora, and 1 for uradora. It's not a huge difference, but it means that one lucky flip doesn't octuple the value of your hand.

Majsoul Friends Room 92020(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=92020

Attached: Legendary Gambler Tetsuya (17).png (640x480, 353K)

why aren't there any online clients for chink mahjong

>You have to wait for the big hands to come to you
I got a chiitoitsu with multiple dora in my first hand earlier today and not a single person drew my winning tile followed by a nearly complete half flush next round only for kamicha to end it with a dogshit 1-han a few turns in. I'm still fucking mad.

i think you mean a yakuman dealing into onee-san
fucking kill me

I misread the name, sorry.

Is it me or Easy AI is somehow harder than normal matches? I can't do anything because 9/10 matches end up with exhaustive draws.

am i not bad yet?

Attached: 1546446906569.png (1903x1254, 1.35M)

>10 ONLY if you absolutely need the points, or are so far ahead it doesn't matter.
Well a 13% chance of winning a fucking yakuman is pretty good. I'd say you only go for the 5% if you really need the points, but I'd go for it at 13% most of the time unless I was already 20k points in the lead.

play jp serb, less calls for tanyao 1 dora lol, next to no kanfaggotry

red = man
dots = balls
green = dicks

how do you guys remember this?

>2 open dragon triplets
>someone discards the last dragon and grants the guy a Daisangen
Only on Yea Forums.

Getting there user, keep it up!

To me, that's the "You know how to play mahjong" level. Expert is when you're actually good at the game.

t. Adept shitter

green = crow with a katana

what the fuck is this even supposed to mean

Attached: 1445330572573.png (1250x1156, 878K)

I was even spamming the knife gesture. Did he think I was bluffing?

Tanyao and pinfu don't have to be cheap, this is part of the reason the Riichi mechanic exists and why it is so fundamental to the game. Any hand has the potential of becoming at least a haneman if it remains closed.
1 han Riichi
1 han Tsumo
1 han Ippatsu
1 han Tanyao/Pinfu
? han Uradora
This doesn't even take into account other easily acquired yaku such as dora, red dora, or less commonly encountered luck based yaku such as Haitei/Houtei or Rinshan. Are you gonna get all of these? Most likely not, but you will probably at least get some of them and there is always the CHANCE of getting a lot of them which is important because besides the Tanyao/Pinfu, they are completely detached from the actual composition of your hand.

Open tanyao exists not to win games but to shut down dangerous hands when it's a better option than going into full betaori.

The first game i played against was AI and i got 7pairs for the first time in my life so i naturally assumed that the game was making me win. turns out i was just lucky as fuck and i wasted that luck on some shitty AI game.

Now playing against real people i never get the hand again. There is no fucking god.

Attached: 1555334257185.jpg (925x719, 99K)

how are my stats? my winrate seems low

also, post stats

Attached: 1541914025403.png (2368x1340, 2.69M)

speed vs hand value decision making is a huge part of Mahjong. remove all the "calls" and what remains is just a boring, simple tenpai race with no player interaction whatsoever.

Who the fuck is "Lupara", the faggot that tryharded a shitty 1-han hand at the end despite being in 1st place by a fair distance and thus having no reason to be such a shitter?

I had a bad streak so my South stats are embarrassing right now

i wasn't thinking, that was the problem
>ANOTHER yakuman in the same room
is this place cursed?

I made it!

Attached: DoubleYaku.png (1165x645, 671K)

Double yakuman, rather.

>East 1
>go into riichi on third draw
>this fucker gets a fucking double yakuman
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
Gj user

Attached: dy.png (1665x941, 1.29M)

>getting salty over losing

Attached: aa.png (1283x766, 1.05M)

Typically when you get 7pairs it's because you started with a hand with a bunch of things like 778 133 2red 1green, that sort of thing, and you kept drawing the complementary tile with no reason not to keep in and improve your wait (because 7788 is WAY stronger than 778). And suddenly you realize you've drawn 5 pairs without completing any of your waits and you'd be like 4shanten if you DID complete one, so you ride the wave and end up in tenpai.

Reminder: Cat is based.

Attached: RichiIsAMistake.webm (640x360, 1.42M)

doesnt that just mean you got out of novice? a mode where you cant demote...

i dont think it means much at all

lol

Nice

7 pairs by itself is not a particularly rare or valuable hand, that's why it's only worth 2 han.

>Yea Forums is saki
>our power is we can get yakumans with ease, but only in friendly matches

No, the actual word is 立直 and means "standing straight"
It's just called "reach" by westerners because that's what it sounds like to english speakers

this game is so fucking hot
wish I could understand a single thing that was happening in it

Imagine wasting your luck in a friend lobby match

>92814
gg, shame about that dude leaving

Score calculation in riichi mahjong is Fu * 2^(2+Han). The 2 in the (2+Han) part gives the implication of 2 "base" han that are included in the score of every winning hand. In chinese mahjong the calculation is just Fu * 2^Han.

Am I being baited?
That's not what any of the japanese games call it, it's katakana for riichi

>wow, I'm in first place so I might as well just go full goldfish and let these fuckers build monster hands to steal first from me.

This is how you believe other people think.

Actually the japs also use the word "Reach". I don't know since when, but they do now.

Fuck me.
Pure nine gates is so rare as it is. I managed to get one ten years ago and considered myself lucky.

No.
It has always been 立直.

Attached: 7329482046208.jpg (773x633, 128K)

serious question
what if i dont want to play as an anime girl?

You can play as a cat

Then you have issues that no one here is qualified to help you with, my friend.

Attached: 1412502119256.jpg (337x275, 33K)

cats aren't people

you guys suck

They use the katakana リーチ but the actual original root word is 立直 which is pronounced the same.

>what if i dont want to play as an anime girl?
Tenhou.net

nya~!

Attached: 1545669165944.png (153x155, 43K)

I remember in one of mahjong app, it's spelled Reach in roman alphabet. I forgot which one.

i just started and i'm afraid of playing with real bugmen, how do i know if i'm good enough?

Attached: 1.jpg (1435x845, 631K)

they're all shit
all my toughest opponents are english players (Adept-Expert)

LOBBY WHERE

Attached: 1.jpg (450x331, 60K)

When it comes to Akagi, is it like Kaiji in that the anime is as good or better than the manga?

Anime isn't finished, ends near the start of Washizu arc so like chapter 110 or so, but it's good.

Watch the anime and then read the manga.

Then read the Kaiji manga

Then read Ten

Then Kurosawa

Then Zero

Then Buraiden Gai

Hag status: destroyed

Inb4 >why didn't the let me win? :(

Two wind, 55000 min, all red dora

Come ponnya to ronnya

Attached: 1556751133026.png (100x100, 23K)

You can memorize the 1-10 kanji in a day tops.

"No!"

>Hag takes the lead early
>He's on my left
>He kind of knows what he's doing, he never gives me tiles to Chii
>Alright. I learned how Yaku works, it's time
>Start winning with shitty hands. 2han, 3han
>Getting close
>Pon a color early, craft my hand
>Bait him and get a hand that only works with a tile that's been already discarded twice instead of the juicier ones
>He discards it
>Ron him in the ass
>46000 vs 40000(me)
>Get the makings of kind of a big dick hand. Not because it's amazing scorewise, but if it works it will let me Ron early from a lot of tiles
>Pon my Wind early and start waiting patiently for a chance
>Can Ron with 10 tiles
>Doit.jpg
>The guy to my right lets me Ron as soon as I pass the turn
>+7800
>Won

Fucking gottem. This game is wonderful. It's one billion years old and BTFOs all CCG's as far as i'm concerned

Attached: 1381736900746.jpg (637x442, 145K)

The anime is also made by Madhouse so yeah, it's great.

Don't forget the Tonegawa anime.

Attached: 1552153284927.jpg (1120x2528, 597K)

Of course I've already reading the Kaiji manga after the anime. Kaiji's mom is cute!
CUTE!

>Kaiji falso

Attached: Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa - 10.webm (960x540, 2.61M)

uno arc when

Attached: gamblu.png (598x657, 477K)

Akagi, Saki, and Yugi fight a 1v1v1 to the death mahjong battle.

Who wins?

Attached: 1485802478507.gif (400x400, 1.99M)

2/4 need more cats to bully

Yugi literally cheats

Yugi has magical powers.

Akagi literally cheats.

I just screwed myself out of 8 dora because I hit the pon button and thought it said ron lmao

"Auto Call Win"

Still 2/4

Attached: 1556751380862.png (100x100, 23K)

So basically, pharaoh magic vs. psychic probability manipulation vs. literally cheating

3/4 cmon

Literally cheating beats magic, and Akagi is uncatchable when he cheats.

>Literally cheating beats magic
Cheating doesn't matter against someone who has 100% chance of drawing whatever tile he wants at anytime.

C'mon all greens, I've been going for it all night!

>at anytime
Oh come on, that's now how Atem's magic works. It's only at dramatic moments.

>Now
Try 7 years ago.

Yeah Pharaoh magic is basically only a "once per" thing.

it'd help him get a good hand that he'd then have to strategize into winning for himself, or it'd reward his strategizing with the winning draw.

It's not just gonna give him a 13 orphans every hand.

What's the Yea Forums emote? Or are we all using female japanese names written in romaji?

pwnd nya

How do I make html5 tenhou not look like shit? I can't read anything with these black tiles on a black background.

nevermind think it's my browser

which one of you did this
twitter.com/MahjongSoul?lang=en

GGs

Ehh usually one suit fags deal it with their own suit because other people have to hoard it too. Here the 1k fag did nothing, the wall won.

Speaking of which why Sega MJ has this neat feature of showing how many enemy outs you have in your hand once it ends but this shit doesn't? It's the best thing ever

Attached: 1529091715403.jpg (244x380, 31K)

You make sure to pon when you can, right?

Attached: 72878892_p0.jpg (1440x1920, 464K)

God, this slump is killing me
2 days of nothing but pure dogshit
Fucking kill me already
Rank dropped from 130 to fucking 250

KAN
BANG

here some wise user words for you

Attached: ok.png (226x51, 2K)

>#92020

Attached: 1553902294292.jpg (638x480, 32K)

>2 exhaustive draws in a row
>everyone was noten in both
how the fuck does this even happen

Now that you mention it, I don't remember when I last had a shit

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=83460
Time for some East only. Need 1 more.

Attached: Legendary Gambler Tetsuya (24).png (640x480, 295K)

I meant east only fug

Akagi, because he has no qualms about cheating in order to win.

>Got roned for 12k early in east
>Can't get even tanyao in all the following hands
Double Yakuman ruined my luck for the rest of my life

Attached: 1556721835551.png (236x242, 30K)

You what mate?

Attached: 1556999532333.png (1000x1000, 1.63M)

I was in riichi for Kokushi Musou btw.
We almost had 3 Yakumans in a row.

I tried

Attached: i tried~2.png (1920x948, 1.33M)

No, when Yu-Gi-Oh! was still about random games rather than card games Yugi would try to tempt his opponents into cheating or trying to bullshit their way through the rules so he could punish them for being greedy cunts.

Why didn't you go for the flush? Way more points.

Whats this from

When did riichi mahjong become popular on Yea Forums? The last time I saw a mahjong thread was when people were playing mahjong in FFXIV. Where the fuck did all of these electronic old Japanese men come from?

Like I said, Akagi is uncatchable when he cheats.

It's filthy Yea Forums crossboarders who don't have the good sense to go to /jp/ with this kind of thing because they're EOPs. /jp/ has been playing on tenhou for years.

It's a free client in English with anime kitties.

Attached: 1556320725565.jpg (1819x1786, 507K)

Yakuza pc releases kickstarted it. Also, Android Mahjong recommendations? Emulation is fine

>tfw you started winning every 3+ round AI game

Attached: 158.png (447x378, 11K)

It wasn't very accessible until this game I figure, I tried looking up ways to play it in the past and only really found Yakuza

>what the fuck they're playing a video game
>on Yea Forums
>the nerve

Album Tarkus.

Attached: e2cca4ed16836bf7e501eb7a09738ce8efca4cb2.jpg (640x640, 172K)

Weird how Yea Forums suddenly got good or at least better taste. Some anons at least.

Attached: wow.jpg (335x282, 26K)

Who are you quoting?

Attached: 1309218986872.png (300x850, 33K)

All the retards complaining about this thread being here.

Yea Forums doesn't play games

east
3+5
Hayai as fuck game because gotta go fast and also dont have much time for a south,

FUCK /JP/
FUCK IDOLS
AND FUCK TOUHOU

Attached: smt fuck you.png (450x368, 175K)

"autist", I neither needed nor wanted your welfare disconnect you tea-sippy emotefagging son of a bitch.
I only dealt that dora like a brainlet because my tablet fucked up and I had to fingerbang one or the other in a hurry.
When I see you again, I will make you spam all kinds of negative emotes.

was anyone able to get me a login for this? I was the user who wanted to play but didn't want to make an email for it. Someone said they would start a gofundme to get someone to make a login for me.

>whale
faggot

m8...

Thanks! It's not even the girl I wanted

>he doesn't play as best girl
explain yourself

Attached: superb.png (120x120, 10K)

I do nyaa

I called my dots circles

how much bond points from 3 hearts to 4 and 4 to 5?

The /jp/ threads are slow and boring as shit.

I call them coins

>when you finally start winning bronze games

Attached: 666.png (222x223, 92K)

Say, how many yakuman have you done until now?

They've always looked like balls to me.

not on mjsoul tho

GGs, gotta run #83460.

/jp/ is slow because they are filthy crossboarders themselves, posting on reddit and discord and what not without even changing the names. So much for elitism.

Attached: sup faggots.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

It has random anime pictures in it of course Yea Forums plays it

My heart belongs to Chiwa Saito.

They're not random you can freely choose between two of them

That was too fast as fuck, one more then
2/4

I can't join friendlies on /jp/, I can on here if I'm fast enough.
That's the reason I'm doing this on Yea Forums until the jannies get mad and demand these threads move to /jp/.

roundies
pointies
fuckies

>bald
could at least give him a wig

>2 of my winning tile were in the dead wall
Can someone explain the counter on the top left? Why does it say x2 besides the riichi stick, there was only 1 person in riichi.

Attached: 7pin.png (1671x939, 1.51M)

Lelfover riichi stick from last round.

I'm retarded and I went too big

Gg lads. Basedidiot you never gave me anything I needed. I don't think I did more than 2 chiis

yeah? did they come through!

They're only random if you decide to throw your brain out the window and spend actual money on the game.

I'm sorry.

So I'm in the process of calling Riichi here, what's the reasoning behind the tiles I'm given to put down? Are they related to my hand at all, or am I just discarding them sideways as a timestamp for when I made the call? Sometimes I have 3~4 tiles I can put down but I'm not sure what their relevance is...

Attached: Mahjong Pretty Girls Battle Practice.png (1211x676, 966K)

Reminder to go for riichi sticks with open tanyao etc if there are two or free floating around.

Room for retard and noob learning the rule 91703

To elaborate, if I DON'T want to call for riichi, should I just cancel the riichi, discard the "bamboo 1" tile here and play as normally?

it all went downhill from here

Attached: 1.jpg (1684x904, 245K)

sent ;)

The 1sou there is the only tile you can discard that will put you in tenpai, hence it's the only one you're allowed to call riichi with.

>all these players with Chinese names

I know for sure its a 24-34 year old Chinese guys chain smoking cigs and playing Mahjong

join already you jigaboo

They're middle aged woman, in china they play this instead of candy crush and the likes

The tile is useless in your hand if you want to complete it in order to declare riichii. If you're confident you'll get Tsumo, you don't have to do a thing. By the looks of it, you'll need a 1M to complete it, but I would not recommend doing that. Man tiles are often discarded very quickly, so there's a low chance it'll be finished with that specific tile you need.

Attached: 1519143347341.jpg (360x360, 29K)

So if I didn't want to go into Riichi, I should just discard the 1sou and keep drawing normally. Got it.
(Though I didn't want to do it in that specific round anyways, the uncertainty of how NOT to call a riichi was starting to bug me.)

You are alright I just don't know the right word for cross-siters to be butthurt about.

He needs 8pin. His hand is riichi iipeikou dora 4. Honestly he could stay in damaten with a hand like that.

To add onto this chain, many of the hand names don't make sense in Japanese. While Riichi is original to the Japanese rules, it's possible it was based on a mispronunciation from a Chinese set of characters like most of the hands are.

やめた

Attached: 234324.png (236x368, 102K)

Attached: 1554093119213.jpg (736x415, 49K)

I have seen someone discarded a full daisangen so this is nothing.

He never walked again...

heh

It's a good game that most weebs will eventually brush up against through anime or video games, or even just references to it, and this game is the first time that Riichi has been available in a particularly stylish format that's appealing and attractive to most gamers.

Oh, uh, I mean porn. Porn is why.

Attached: Mahjong Cat.jpg (850x1202, 134K)

I wan't to pon that tile

East only!
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=19194

Attached: Legendary Gambler Tetsuya.png (640x480, 264K)

You can't, it's her tanki wait. Stupid cat is in a hell wait!

abema.tv/now-on-air/mahjong

comfy stream for the dual monny

>no one gives a shit about Mahjong
>now everyone blows their load to it and praises it on the levels of Bowsette and Merula because it has anime girls in it
Holy shit I could just tape a moe uguu slut's face to a piece of shit and you retards would fantasise about fucking it

Attached: 1556849403024.jpg (260x384, 27K)

1 more

shut the fuck uponyan

>this game is the first time that Riichi has been available in a particularly stylish format that's appealing and attractive to most gamers.
Now, pairon, THAT is good mahjong game.

Attached: 1529109076174.png (250x229, 51K)

How about you deal with it and join us nyagger

that was a wacky match
ggs

It's asshole zipperheads using the NA client because we're small fish.

Attached: ss+(2019-05-03+at+06.05.25).jpg (292x355, 20K)

>tenhou.net 1man
wew

Attached: Tomoyo.jpg (270x412, 34K)

That was the longest hayai east game gg but cant do more for now
highlights were everyone riichi
fighting over 1k rons
then that baiman someone pulled so quickly
finally that last table flip tsumo for 2k
and the constant honba

Attached: results.jpg (1920x937, 360K)

We have shared matchmaking with CN servers, and JP at higher levels.

nobody gave a shit because there wasn't any easy way to play it in english

BROTHER

Attached: 1556934610970.png (446x299, 124K)

Guess you might be the nadeshiko.
Yeah, I realized my cheap chanta could not beat you barring a ron. And to my surprise, I found out last game that furiten is PERMANENT in MS and not just a one-hand penalty like in Tenhou. That pisses me off because I used to fish for ipeikous doing this.

on the internet no one knows you're an ojou-sama

>it's another "retard calls kan for absolutely no fucking reason and gives someone 3 free dora" episode

I was the cat in 3rd

Attached: 1.png (350x315, 13K)

I could feel your pain through the screen when you dropped the third one.

It's really not the anime girls, it's there being a good free web client that's in english and is easy to make lobbies in for the first time.

i know they're pros but this is really making me realize how slow i am

I need to avoid blitz games anyway. They're part of the reason I keep dropping Tenhou, because I can't do the slow hanchans anymore after a point.

I tried fighting for 3rd place, but constant Tsumos really not helped

yolo

Attached: shrugs.jpg (272x185, 8K)

Fuck dragons, real men win with no honors 1s or 9s. Unless it's all green, then that's acceptable.

never seen an all green in my life

I went permanent furiten too earlier, I thought it was for one round too and that also cost me at 1st place.
I don't do or like them much either but memes and also I don't have time to do South games that may have take longer than an hour right now.
It can't be helped but I know that feeling too, had a chinitsu and got ronned for 1k as soon as I went riichi with it.
ggs all

I got close to one the other day then a hag pulled a 1-han tsumo and ruined it.

You can see that in replays. It is kind of neat though when you tsumo and half your hand was tiles that somebody was waiting on.

I got it only once in Mahjong Pretty Girls Battle.

>he hasn't gotten all green

Attached: 1555049892186.jpg (500x514, 27K)

No, I didn't play because tenhou looks ugly. JRM was good though but that went to shit.

Attached: 1535863252148.jpg (750x563, 69K)

Post your tenpai theme
youtu.be/ZpwtG7UT9XA

Furiten is absolutely permanent in Tenhou, what are you talking about?

If:

>you have discarded a tile that will complete a full hand
>you are in riichi and you choose not to ron on an opponent
>you are not in riichi and it has been less than one round since you chose not to ron on opponent

Then you are in furiten