Countless vidya influenced by berserk

>countless vidya influenced by berserk
>none manage to capture its feel

what went wrong bros?

Attached: 450b12deb0e4623a5b3f51167ecfab8a1555197205_full[1].png (640x360, 326K)

To be fair even Berserk has failed to capture the feel of Berserk in a long while.

I liked Casca's nightmare sequence. But switching the story back over to Griffith reinvigorated a pain that I thought I had long since grown numb to.

Source material is cursed.

Attached: 0.jpg (779x919, 394K)

>game starts up as a typical hack and slash rpg
>meet companions and complete quests while getting more badass gear
>suddenly demons
>everyone is dead
>some demon motherfucker rapes the waifu you've been romancing
get to it Yea Forums make this real

I dunno man, I feel pretty close to it when playing dark souls. The feeling you get when exploring the dark depths of the demon ruins or the abyss is pretty close to how I feel when Guts get into the deep horror elements. If you mean golden age arc stuff or more of the "town" stuff, then I could see a game that plays like Okami/Witcher where you have sort of party members that follow you around but don't always fight with you, they just hang around in the town. Something like that.

Because Berserk is a blend of oppressive cosmic horror, high fantasy action, and slow-paced character development.

Most games just go for a similar visual style or repetitive Musuou combat.

Attached: 1545036485179941733.jpg (700x827, 170K)

Because Berserk is the pinnacle of MANGA, it makes a really good use of everything that manga has to offer.
The kino panels translate like shit even to anime, no way that a video game can give the same feel.

The only way of improving Berserk would be having something playing the correct susumu hirasawa soundtrack while you read the manga

The closest thing I've found is Dragons Dogma desu, especially when you use pawns for a long time

>blacked

Attached: 15525846349720.png (480x480, 146K)

>tfw no caska gf

Nothing in this world manages to capture the feeling of Berserk and nothing ever will.

Attached: 1391707641888.png (250x250, 79K)

Miura released another chapter right? Does it get the plot going or is revived Caska still suffering from PTSD after looking at Guts?

I was fine with the most recent chapter, but the two prior to that were really frustrating, I'm typically pretty defensive of Berserk outside of its release schedule, but cutting away to two chapters of a tensionless battle between Griffith and some nameless mooks who couldn't possibly defeat him really killed whatever momentum the story had going. I understand cutting away at that moment to build up the anticipation of Guts and Casca meeting again, but to cut away to that battle instead of whatever Rickert's up to or even just going straight to that meeting that the also chapter covered just made the problems that already come up from the constant hiatuses even worse.

>cosmic horror
Berserk is not cosmic horror, much closer to 'demonic' horror or whatever you would call that. Has a much more supernatural and 'spiritual' vibe to it.
I think a big problem is that Berserk is a long and detailed story overall which can be hard to replicate in games, and a lot of games don't have continuous sequels which follow not only the same general plot but also mood.

Also, the more people involved, the more creative vision can be diluted. With videogames, you usually have multiple people influencing it. And of course, when someone gets a certain personal 'feel' to their creative work, it is almost impossible for others to directly copy it, as it is unique to them and their mind.

Attached: guts.jpg (480x360, 14K)

>passed around the camp more than a pair of dice

God I wish that was me

Griffith describing how he will control his new world politically

what's his tax policy?

Yeah it's not really the chapters themselves that I dislike. It's just the long wait for more. When you're waiting nearly a year for a ten pages of story at a time you just can't keep the same level of investment following along with it step by step. I just want to see OG Casca again.

Original thought is something the jap can only materialize in the form of animated pictures or comic books.

But when will a game allow me to cook and dine with my party on the same level as Dungeon Meshi?

Attached: vegetables.png (913x622, 485K)

I'd have to go back and check to be honest. The general idea of the chapter though is Griffith plans to better improve his realm and further gain support. Help the orphans, get the sand people and the normal people to get along through military service, defeat more monsters and 'liberate' the people, etc.

Most important part was Griffith leaving during the nigh/full moon in secret. Some people say his hair was turning black which could imply relation to the black haired moon kid, but its hard to tell.

Can we go back to that manga Miura was doing about that guy who suplexed people and drinks his magical loli's pee?

The atmosphere is different, but the first Nier reminded me of Berserk in a vague way.

The bluntly violent protagonist with an underlying kind and paternal spirit taking on a world of monsters, the magic companion commenting on his journey and offering support, the hidden tragedy behind every perspective of the conflict, etc.

Attached: nier_gestalt.jpg (1280x1024, 255K)

>drinks his magical loli's pee
I saw one page. I ain't even going near that.

Anyone else just really grown out of Berserk? I tried reading it again and it's just...so pointlessly edgy. I have no clue why people pretend it's this fantastic series. Is it because of how pretty the art is?

Attached: wisconsin-teletubby.jpg (577x471, 61K)

Your onions levels consumed you

I still think the Golden Age in itself is fantastic, but it's hard for me to stay excited for ongoing chapters after years and years of hiatus.

Attached: 882cf43dec43917759015e7e3415df26.jpg (750x1000, 156K)

The optimal way is to reread it every 18 months orso never read the newly released ones on there own

That's how I got through the whole boat hiatus, but after that I was finally excited to hear there was some actual progression with Casca's story. So now I'm back at square one waiting again.

jesus christ, what is wrong with you?

I don't know how you can even think it's edgy when it spends so much time contemplating why someone would swing around a massive sword with seemingly no ambition.

Because it's shallow.

Guts contemplates why he swings a sword around...and? How does that change his outlook on life?

This is the same show that has Guts cleaving through children. It's edge incarnate.

>How does that change his outlook on life?
It's part of the catalyst for his entire conflict with Griffith. He had nothing to truly fight for beyond following someone else's reasons to do so, and sought to make a life for himself.

This.

Attached: 1556578143566.gif (500x402, 1.72M)

are you sure you've been reading berserk? did you pay any attention whatsoever?

it's not shallow at all. Griffith is the complete opposite of a shallow villain for one thing. Guts has huge internal conflicts about his place in the world and in relation to those around him. Casca is an actually well written female soldier character, infinitely better than Rey or Arya from recent media examples.

so which part do you lads think would make for the best vidya? i'd personally like something post fantasia because the monsters are kino

Attached: 1556423793064.jpg (680x354, 78K)

Black Swordsman and/or Lost Children if you want something Fromsoftware-esque. Hunting standalone apostle stories as a lone warrior.

all the battles and sword fighting and stuff is a means to an end in Berserk.

if it was edgy it would be written in a way to simply put Guts in situations where he gets to swing his sword for the sake of it all the time.

Arya's alright.

In the books.

there is that gap between the golden age and black swordsman, so it'd be easy as hell to work some original apostles in

>tfw you will never get a souls like berserk game where you face off against the apostles

>Because it's shallow.
Do you know how I know you didn't read Berserk?

i hope not souls gameplay is shit

If you think about it, Nier is just techno Berserk, and Weiss is just a more sarcastic puck

If any game properly captured the feel it would be rated AO which console makers and retailers don't allow.
Its even less possible now with snoy being a censor fag.
Only plausible solution would be an indie pc release, but what team with an actual budget would go for that?