How good is The Silver Case and 25th Ward?

How good is The Silver Case and 25th Ward?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 71K)

Suda thread?
Suda thread.

It's really rough getting into The Silver Case, OP. Not going to lie. I got the Limited Run version at release and tried a couple times. Once you get past the first chapter things start to click and now that I finished it, I'm enjoying FSR and really excited for 25W.

It's more like an interactive story than a video game

Here's 10 identical buildings, search through every single room in all of them, twice. - Suda Goichi

Attached: 1545179993151.png (1920x1080, 720K)

Well if it helps I often read VNs and mystery novels, can't be that bad can it?

It wouldn't be that bad if you were just reading and didn't have clunky controls to navigate But yeah, it's not easy to recommend even if I ultimately liked it. Get it on sale

It is on sale, that is why I asked about the 2 games.

I haven't opened Steam in months, user, sorry. Just been emulating FSR. TSC for $8? I'd say try it. It takes about 14 hours to finish. Just make sure to switch between Transmitter and Placebo. It makes more sense.

It's very divisive apparently, you either love it or think it's garbage.
Keep in mind the gameplay is slow and clunky as fuck however. Luckily it's mostly a VN, but if you're the type to hate waiting for slow animations you can't skip, be warned.

If you can bear with that and you like 90s edgy hacker culture mixed with noir, you might like it. It's definitely unique, if nothing else.

Isn't that the opinion of most of Suda's games? Love it or despise it.

They're both garbage, Suda can't manage to write absurdist stories well and should stick to what he knows best, which is setting up an absurd background and letting things happen in it (Killer7, NMH)

If you like your games obtuse and impossible to understand. Then youll like it.

It also has a good soundtrack

They are one if those "too smart for you" ganes but unrinocally. They are genuine pieces of art.

I dunno about too smart, but you literally have to do pic related to keep track of everything happening like K7

Attached: tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg (1024x768, 137K)

Keep in mind that there is a game that comes in between the two, flower sun and rain.
If you do wind up playing through the series, you should either emulate the DS version or at least read a summary before you tackle 25th ward.

There's also a literal book that takes place between chapters 4 and 5 of TSC that explains some prettt drastic character shifts

That's suda games in general though.

Yeah. Pretty jealous of that one user's cd collection. I know
>physical cds
But FSR has real good ost and the visual design of Water and Shine is top notch

Don't open this.

Attached: 1535372476434.png (1920x1080, 227K)

I remember Silver Case being kind of creepy and not in the Killer 7 way where the creepiness is also charming. Maybe it's because of the lack of voice acting and the really well drawn still images that made the atmosphere in the game so good

how is FSR? i heard its ass to play but dat intro

Kusabi best boy.

I'm enjoying. Legit impressed with ds port. You just walk around and solve some number puzzles. Pretty straightforward. The walking probably gets tedious later, but the characters and setting is good. Reminds me of a Kurt Vonnegut novel