ITT: Unpopular Opinions

Gengar is garbage. Haunter is the superior design and should have been the final evolution.

Attached: UnpopularOpinion.jpg (251x211, 8K)

SFV is the best fighting game on the market right now, and the only game that can kill an SF is the next SF

Mario Sunshine is the worst mainline 3D Mario game by a very large margin and the only reason why so many people like it is because they grew up with the gamecube.

are you good at SFV?

I like to think I’m at least alright - I’m Super Platinum

Are you good at any other fighting games?

>reached Gold
>haven't played since (no PS4)
>scared that when I go back, I'll be terrible

Attached: adfadf.jpg (600x600, 40K)

Mass Effect 3, for all its flaws, is a great game

I barely play other fighting games, except for Soulcalibur and some of the older SF’s. The rest are too anime for my tastes, and also have really small playerbases / barely-functional online.

There is only one thing that SJWs hate more than straight white men and that's work.
Which is why all games made by them are complete shit like Anthem.
All SJWs that are game devs want to just be "the ideas guy/girl/slaanesh genderlord"

Attached: 1387978646857.jpg (248x250, 20K)

>claims SFV is a the best fighting game
>doesn't even play other fighting games
like pottery
People only like SFV because it's the first fighting game that lets people think they are good with minimal effort
Play a real fighting game

This is true though. Can't let a few writing and ending mishaps ruin an otherwise enjoyable experience. Also the multiplayer was top tier for a tacked on mode.

What’s a real fighting game? I have no desire to play some animu air dash fighter.

I liked it because it was kinda cool using a spray hose to clean stuff off and kill things. Fuck those no FLUDD levels though they can go burn

tekken

Tekken 7 if you want a playerbase and have time to learn
USFIV if you have friends to play it with
SF3 3S on FightCade
Dead or Alive is unironically a really well made fighter though I can only speak for 5. I only recently got 6
Even Mortal Kombat 9 is good

Driver is better than GTA

But games like SF4 and MK9 are completely dead and not even worth playing. I play Soulcalibur for my 3D fix - Tekken characters just aren’t as appealing to me. Same with DOA. I do play 3S and Alpha 3 online on PS4 on occasion, though.

Dark Souls and Undertale are great games that are ruined by their fanbases

Attached: CEECFEDC-8240-4FE8-95F2-2DBB0667D0B9.png (463x563, 161K)

I don’t think this is an unpopular opinion

>letting fanbases ruin anything for you

Attached: 1484259488298.png (500x522, 115K)

Fallout 3 has more replayability fun and gameplay than New Vegas.

Depends on who you ask. Same thing for Smash, TF2, and just about every good game with an arbitrary waifu that people just obsess over

Attached: B45C48C8-87D3-4DB1-A123-96B132F65C0F.jpg (960x958, 188K)

I fucking love Dark Souls, but it’s fanbase sucks dick and everyone knows it

Yes. Other people can ruin things you like.

Attached: 698F8B4D-80A6-4FDF-B454-BAB36A688362.jpg (600x1103, 292K)

I love Chara!!

Attached: 74441786_p0.jpg (1536x2048, 1.78M)

>threads for unpopular opinions
>most of the opinions are very popular

Attached: 1551379860582.png (450x720, 400K)

Like just don't interact with the fanbase lol like nigga just close your eyes haha

You don’t have to interact with someone to have them ruin something you like.

I can only play rougelikes/roguelikes and a few select RPG's and MMOs, any other kind of game just doesn't do it for me asides from one or two others. I can't play games that don't have you doing the same shit over and over again.

Link to the Past doesn’t hold up. The overall aesthetic is pretty bland and ugly, the NPCs are completely forgettable, and almost every succeeding Zelda did the “Zelda formula” better.

No it doesn't. It's just popular. If you get enough people into anything, the 0.1% that are loud and obnoxious faggots about it will seem noticeable. On the other hand you'll never notice the 99.9% of who aren't gigantic faggots about it.

Metroidvanias are trash
Anime JRPGs with turn based combat an random encounters are trash
MMOs are trash
DMC1 hasnt aged well unlike 3
Dragon's Dogma is trash
Skyrim has some good qualities

Attached: C6ZJMNRXEAAxoMn (1).jpg (640x360, 40K)

>most of the opinions are very popular
To us yeah, to the mainstream they’re borderline contrarian

>Vocal minorities ruin fanbases
Color me shocked

Endgame was at best medicore, and at worst a solid waste of three hours. I honestly wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Spoilers below, because I actually care about you fucks.

The time machine plot was stupid as fuck. The part where Tony Stark had a funeral on screen and Black Widow didn't was stupid. The fact that 5 years had come and passed and they didn't show the results of it was stupid. The fact that someone could've vaporized on a boat, on a plane, or some geographical location that doesn't exist means people are probably appearing in the fucking sky or inside solid concrete buildings. Thor had too much screen time being depressed and melted ice cream was only funny for like 1 minute, not 30.

This movie is great in the sense that it's a cumulation of 22 movies spanning over 10 years. But as a movie, itself, and even WITH having watched those movies?

It was boring. No part sticks out. Nothing exciting happens. Nothing terribly sad happens either. I much more enjoyed the latest Game of Thrones episode.

The movie was pretty bad.

SoulCalibur and Tekken, despite both being 3D, are completely different games that play completely different
How can you say Tekken characters are unappealing when Street Fighter is home to some of the most uninteresting characters with horrible looking 3D graphics
plus SFV overall is just so incredibly slow that it's amazing to me that you like it more than 3S
If you haven't even played at least Tekken 7 you can't say that SFV is the best one on the market because when it comes to actual skill requirement SFV would rank below a myriad of other fighting games where Tekken would rank very high

Gungeon is not a good game.
>dodge roll has activation frames, meaning it's not at all a real dodge
>"LOL I GET THAT REFERENCE" means nothing when 50% of the guns are complete trash
>tables make the game even more of a fucking slog
>random enemy placements with varying bullet speeds throw out any chance of this being a real bullet hell
>ammoconda exists
>BULLET HELL AND ROGUELIKES DO NOT MIX, FUCK OFF
Pretty much the only saving grace the game has is the bosses. The normal rooms are just fluff health tax.
Nuclear Throne is better.

Once you reach a certain age, vidya is just distraction from death. You dont actually enjoy the game itself, it just keeps that feeling of death away from your mind for a few hours.

Enjoy your youth.

Hello Doomer

>Crackdown 3 is actually a good game
>GTA IV was the best GTA
>SMT was always destined to die out compared to Persona because its inconsistent setting
>Death Stranding will be ass

Attached: 1531091724637.jpg (910x793, 297K)

WRPGs are unbearably tedious

Games don't age, you do

Age of Mythology is a much better game than Age of Empires II.

this 100%
anyone who says a game "didn't age well" should have their opinion immediately discarded

If you strip waifufaggotry out of Fire Emblem you're left with a mediocre SRPG. Permadeath is a shit mechanic that punishes you for elements out of your own control more often then lapses in strategy and forces you to reset because it's not designed around you losing characters. Play with permadeath off and you see how brain dead the strategy is when the goal isn't the insanely strict "let no one die."

>Permadeath is a shit mechanic that punishes you for elements out of your own control
Permadeath only works when you have decent map design. Otherwise the game is just beating you over the head then punishing you for it

Theres nothing attractive about the Persona cast.

And the games don't really deserve the massive hype they get, either.

>Permadeath is a shit mechanic that punishes you for elements out of your own control
Kinda like real life

Attached: 2789323B-AA78-4EB1-A4CD-CB77C3E2AEAD.png (500x461, 175K)

>If you strip waifufaggotry out of Fire Emblem you're left with a mediocre SRPG
Why do you think IS doubled down on the dating shit and anime cliches? They knew that was the reason the franchise was basically dead in the water.

> Video game dick measuring gets really tiring, and I can't be bothered to read people go in to long winded rants about why Majora's Mask is worse than Ocarina of Time, or why Quake III is 1000x better than Halo. They don't make games more enjoyable, they don't even help point people to games they like, its useless hot air, just as bad as normals gabbing about celbreties.

> Marathon > Doom

> JRPGs can be very enjoyable and challenging if healing was nerfed, resource management was a focus again, and traveling was given more time to shine than combat. JRPGs are at their best when they're about lighthearted adventures.

> Graphics being pushed so hard ruined video games. Mechanics don't advance, ideas don't flourish, nothing about games have advanced except graphic fidelity, and yet developers are having greater difficulty actually finishing products because the photorealistic assets and setting take so long to make.

> Anime style games would be better if anime otaku were not obsessed with girls.

> Comic style games would be better if they actually existed.

> Walking simulators are actually pretty cool. It's just that they work best with surreal environments and highly personalized settings.

> Mobile games aren't actually bad, they're just poorly advertised and don't have proper curation.

> Fantasy games need to cut the chains to D&D and actually come up with fantasy setting that aren't Tolkien inspired, nor take place in notEurope.

> Likewise, Sci-fi games need to cut their chain to Star Trek/Wars.

>I dig giant robots.

Attached: r99LastDancer.jpg (1200x722, 93K)

FFXIV would make a better single player game. Its story is pretty good, but the game plays like shit. None of the social aspects are good unless you want an "online relationship" with your "gf".

I'm ok with cash shops

I’ve given Tekken a try. It’s not bad, but I just love SF and SC characters.

> Graphics being pushed so hard ruined video games. Mechanics don't advance, ideas don't flourish, nothing about games have advanced except graphic fidelity, and yet developers are having greater difficulty actually finishing products because the photorealistic assets and setting take so long to make.
> Anime style games would be better if anime otaku were not obsessed with girls.
> Comic style games would be better if they actually existed.
> Fantasy games need to cut the chains to D&D and actually come up with fantasy setting that aren't Tolkien inspired, nor take place in notEurope.
> Likewise, Sci-fi games need to cut their chain to Star Trek/Wars.
>I dig giant robots.
You. I like you.

The one about graphics is especially true but I feel like that's almost never going to change because a lot of normies STILL only care about MUH GRAPHIX. Sometimes I wonder where there'll be a tipping point where vidya budgets can't sustain photorealistic graphics anymore, thus inducing a shift towards more stylized art styles. I fucking hope so.

doom 2 is the worst doom
sonic cd is the best sonic
the witcher 3 was shit
fallout 1>4=tactics>2>nv>3>76
this sf3>sf2
vidya went to shit at the turn of the millennium
moot was a fucking faggot and im glad he's gone
style>realism

Attached: 1531280060494.jpg (1200x677, 152K)

Halo 3's multiplayer is just slower and worse version of Halo 2's multiplayer.

>4 anywhere above New Vegas
weak bait

Attached: bo18iypf9mu21.jpg (1125x1111, 58K)

I think LoL character designs are pretty cool.

I don’t even play League but I did jack it to some LoL shortstacks earlier today, so I would agree

resident evil remake 2 is hot garbage they fucked the faces with the new designs , no zapper system the music of this game is so monotone and shitty i cant believe the same compser was back wtf dude your og resident evil 2 was amazing and this one its one of the worst i v listened in a long time , the new umbrella laboratory and the new monster plants are cliche hollywood bullshit , fuck i hate this game more than anything

Persona isn’t that special it’s just that there are no alternatives if you want to pretend to have friends and a gf for 70-100 hours while still playing a decently fleshed out game.

Pokemon is bad, persona 4 is the worst out of newsona, siege is boring, and halo 1 had the best multiplayer out of its series

Attached: 1F7D86E6-A4CC-4859-B0B1-CDD0D5729E30.jpg (707x1000, 260K)

Glad we share the same taste and opinion :^)

>no alternatives
>meaning it’s the only one
>that doesn’t make it special

Attached: A2232ACE-288D-4AF4-8026-75C3B2B4FB83.jpg (1024x994, 118K)

new vegas had shitty gameplay, railroading up the ass, god awful dlc and mediocre writing for half the game. 4 might've been a buggy mess with shallow rpg mechanics and inconsistencies everywhere, but the settlement system, multiple worldspaces and superior gameplay made up for that.

Attached: 1555046075163.jpg (375x375, 34K)

You’re a man of taste, like me
I honestly can’t stand the game, but short chicks with wide asses do something to me

Chrono Trigger is the most overrated piece of media in existence right now. It's a good game, and it's held up so well, but it just isn't the "GOAT" that people tend to claim it to be. a lot of better JRPGs that have been released after it, like Valkyrie Profile, Devil Survivor 1, SMT Strange Journey and IV, etc

>saying all this after putting F1 above F4
what

The mobility and setting are the best in the series.

>Devil survivor 1

Attached: AD4694DE-B0BA-468E-BFC2-81430C3CC1D8.jpg (1024x673, 50K)

I still like Overwatch not as a lootbox endorphin simulator but as a game itself. Also I don't see the problem with Pokemon models the problem stems from how static they are and how low resolution the 3ds games are

Pokemon games were never difficult. Calling the newer pokemon games shit because of the difficulty is an immediate retard that only played Gen 1(which was absusable as fuck).

Attached: 1463259828406.jpg (630x630, 75K)

Darkstalkers is every bit as good as Street Fighter and Marvel.

1 had great worldbuilding and writing. the gameplay might be slow as shit, but it's not an fps from the 2010s.

Undertale>LISA all day, every day. The only people that pretend LISA is better are contrarians, faggots that want to measure their epeen with bullshit mechanics for difficulty, and edge-lords that think "muh depression" = good story

Subnautica is a boring grindfest. There is nothing fun about going to 1 area of the map looking all around for 1 specific resource out of 3 other resources for 1 component out of 4 other components. There is nothing scary in the slightest (save for reaper leviathans) once you understand how dumb the AI is and how easy it is to run away from them

TF2 went from my top 5 games of all time and my favorite multiplayer game of all time to an utter piece of shit that I can no longer play or recommend. The only people that still tolerate it's buggy, unbalanced bullshit are those with varying degrees of autism. If you have spent a single penny on the game since the MYM updates in 2016 your counter-arguments and opinions are invalid and worthless

Baba Is You is painfully unfun. For every good level that tests your brain there are at least 2 or 3 that feel like the required solution is to glitch out the game. There's nothing fun sitting on a puzzle for 30+ minutes only to do something or look up something for a solution and go, "You can fucking do that?!"

AFPSs are overrated outside of the silky smooth gunplay and movement.

Quake 1 is the best goddamn FPS ever made

>I still like Overwatch not as a lootbox endorphin simulator but as a game itself
I haven't played OW in a minute but I feel like all the constant bitching and complaining about it is at least partially just typical Yea Forums contrarianism since the game seems like it's still pretty popular everywhere else.

I've played a bit of V-Sav and it's really, really fun. I feel like a bit of a fag for saying this, since I was never really apart of the old school who used to play it in arcades and shit, but I really hope Capcom revives it. It deserves it.

CUNNY

Bloodborne is just an even more dumbed down Dark Souls, but with a Lovecraft skin

Pokemon games not being difficult doesn't mean it's acceptable for Game Freak to make them even easier, it's like making Kirby easier.
Also, for an extremely unpopular opinion:
Gen 1 is good, "muh genwunners" is a boogeyman, the obsessive hatred for Kanto on Yea Forums is contrarianism born out of being over exposed to "le cringe" and "le rage" screencaps of normalfags on Facebook. From a gameplay perspective, Kanto is one of the best designed regions in the series. From Johto onwards, region design takes a nosedive due to excessive linearity and/or forcing players to bring a dozen different HMs with them. Gen 3 is also one of the weaker gens despite everyone's obsessive nostalgia over it, the region is terrible, many beloved features from gen 2 are missing, and the lack of the special/physical split makes it an awkward in-between where it lacks the simplicity of gens 1/2 but it's still too rough compared to gens 4 and up.

>Gengar is garbage. Haunter is the superior design and should have been the final evolution.

Haunter is a fairly popular middle evolution, I'm sure others share your opinion.

>I feel like a bit of a fag for saying this, since I was never really apart of the old school who used to play it in arcades and shit
Nothing wrong with that. Most communities of old, "forgotten" games are welcoming to newcomers at any time. You might have a few asshats like any community who will try to stir shit, but in general any new interest is welcomed.

Attached: 1dce58ff95f067de7087724cd3f5ed3b.jpg (1280x889, 402K)

This rigth here was the best figthing game of his generation, and until this day, no other game was near as good like this one.

Best Marvel vs Capcom of all times

Attached: Ultimate-Marvel-Vs-Capcom-3-portada-analisis-generacion-xbox.jpg (1100x600, 238K)

Not special as in I don’t think it does things particularly well, it’s just that no other major developer has tried to compete so there’s nothing to compare it to.

>and forces you to reset because it's not designed around you losing characters

Uh no, why do you think the old games throw so many sameface characters at you? It's expected some will die, it's only player autism that makes people reset.

Drakengard and the first Nier is better than Automata.

the speed stages in both sonic adventure games are superior to most platformers and classic sonic holds sonic back from being a good franchise

So you're looking for a good Western fighter? cause most Jap games are at least a little anime. I think Killer Instinct's alright though I never played it and I dunno if it's still alive

Not him but I like SFV way more than 4.

Overwatch is good, Blizzard is just terrible at balancing games

Microsoft makes solid games but people dump on them because they only compare them to titles from Sony

>Meme words
UNIST is at evo now and most of the cast is insane grounded. Air dashes are a slow command input and there is no standard air block just a risky as fuck air shield block. Also teching in the air lets you pick direction but no buttons so the meaty situation is still a threat. Game also has crazy pokes and solid neutral for most of the cast. I use Enkidu hes trash but still better then low tier in SF games.

GG is also great but obviously more air based with characters like Chipp/Millia flying all over the place trying to juke bait AAs and make you commit for a punish. GG/UNIST and KOF are all better games. GG is probably going to be alittle slow until next game/possible update but its still good. And KOF is dead af in a lot of areas with discord sets. But UN is gaining steam and great.

But just meme away you admitted you didn't played jack shit but garbage fighters otherwise.

>GG is also great
it's also like what 5 years old at this point? Where the fuck is my new GG ArcSys

liking more obscure characters like banjo and geno are fine as long as you aren't an ass about it

sony has always been shit and im glad they moved to California and are showing their true colors
in fact it helps expose anyone defending them as another corporate scumbag with no conscience willing to harm gaming as a whole to make a quick buck

e.y.e is a mediocre game at best

Oboro should have more scenes and focus in Taimanin games.

I thought UMVC3 was mediocre. Mostly because of its meta and I liked a really decent but not crazy disrespectful team. Too many ways to get a kill off any jab/air throw confirm and swing a match. Xfactor was gay as shit to watch and use/play against because Xfactor cancel on block was gay to play around.

If they fixed the OTK probably/TAC glitches/tamed xfactor more well balancing the cast one more time over it would've been the GOAT vs game. Its still up there because its atleast pretty and fun to strong degree and most other traditional vs games are ass. KOF isn't really one id say its better but its a 3 man 1v1 setup where meter management is about all that goes into team comp.

DMC1 is the best one, by far. DmC is better than 4 and equal to 5. 3 is second best. 2 is the worst.

MGS1 is the best MGS. MGS4 is second best, and MGS5 is third.

Phantasy Star Online is the greatest game ever made.

OoT is the best Zelda ever made, and hipsters prefer Majora's Mask because it's the "other" N64 Zelda that plays the exact same, yet is nowhere near as creative thus it's less popular.

Mario 64 held up incredibly well. It's still a 10/10 today.

Diablo 3 is better than Diablo 2 NOW.

Dark Souls is the worst Souls game. Demon's is the best.

Street Fighter has never been better than MK except during the PS2 days.

Watch Dogs 1 was a great game.

Platinum is the most overrated developer out there right now. Even if you exclude their crappy licensed games, their original games aren't exactly gems. Also Scalebound would have sucked massive balls given Microsoft's track record this gen, so be glad they put it out of its misery

Attached: 1556378309950.jpg (480x360, 31K)

fucking THANK YOU. Haunter will always be my favorite pokemon

Attached: 1520239907278.png (900x1000, 442K)

Humans should not be in Kirby

I want a Rev 3 with Robo Ky/Testament/Anji honestly. I feel like a update with 3-4 new characters 3 returning one new maybe Gabriel for once with a reworked system here or there or maybe a new mechanic if one will actually fit at this point on the control scheme would be fine enough.

I whole heartedly expect a UNIST update announced with some new characters and Enkidu buffs around evo time. I think UN has gained more and more steam and its a great game I hold it in the same high regard as I do Rev1/2 with Xrd but I don't see it getting on Mr Wizards $$$$$$ list without there being some unlined motive like a update announce.

That's just a cold take altogether. SA is fun but kinda jank and there's no good reason to shit on classic Sonic.

mega gengar is what gengar always should have looked like to begin with.

Attached: megagengar.jpg (1280x720, 195K)

ocarina and majoras mask are shit games with bad movement and boring fights

twilight princess is the best zelda game no cap

3D action games in general owe a lot to the foundation those games established. Easy to play a game post-DMC and say the N64 Zeldas have shit movement/combat.

pinball is trash and ice stage acceleration/deceleration is a shit way to move around at ALL times

I want A.B.A. and Bridget and pull anybody from Overture. They made Sin work they can make fox man, Valentine or Paradigm work. I love Unist too it just still feels barren to any of the more popular fighters in terms of people playing. I'm not about begging on Discord, too autistic and impatient

DMC has shit movement too. It's too stiff and rigid, like Mortal Kombat.

good games made as a result of a shit one coming before it doesnt make the shit game any better

From games are far from polished, let alone good or fun

What game has good movement to you

iframes are a fucking garbage game mechanic and every game that builds its mechanics around it is shit too

Attached: 1466704927264.jpg (460x908, 57K)

Sekiro is a 6/10 game that memers praise. It has like 3-4 good boss fights and is otherwise the worst game From has put out only slightly over DaS2. It has the best combat but its also the quickest to be boring. I don't understand how people can praise a game like it even with the few awesome moments. It has the worst normal enemy variety in the series , it reuses boring mini bosses over and over , half the bosses are completely awful , sound design is all over the place and areas are very boring to explore once you realize its BB rules and only a few select items are worth finding.

I will never get it. Yeah the last boss and Owl 2/Old man Isshin/and TCM are solid fights but a lot of bosses are all over the place and bland. They even throw the second phase of the ape with a add during its second part to try and cheap you out if you don't quickly dispatch it and if you do the fight returns to crap status.

Its not a bad game but its literal proof Yea Forums and places alike are willing to eat shit as long as it has the Miyazaki label on it.

I understand. I have friends who are decent enough to learn from who are eager to learn when it comes to fightan people I've known for 10 years when it comes to them. I probably would opt to just play GG if I didn't have connections for UN sets and stuff. I need to get around to using it for KOF sets though I want to grind that game with Heidern.

Niggers are people too

I think a lot of the praise stems from the superiority complex wanting to have that "I beat this game when journalists want an easy mode"

Houndoom is best dog.

Attached: nxjdjd.jpg (221x228, 5K)

Metal Gear Solid V

I feel like my lack of motivation, and possible lack of ability, to complete Sekiro undermines how seriously I take my hobby of video games and makes it seem like I'm some casual.

I think that ff7 is bad and ff13 is good
but ff10 is my favorit tho

Attached: 0620dc4b-4728-40be-a87c-5ccca7e9c35a.jpg (310x251, 19K)

SF2 turbo

CK2 is the best grand strat because it provides alternate goals to strive for that aren't map painting
Pokemon is a mediocre JRPG for furfags and normalfags
AA2 may be pretty mediocre compared to other Illusion titles but its wacky scenarios made it so damn fun to have threads on here about.

Attached: 1406133233556.png (297x210, 60K)

>ff10 is my favorit tho

Attached: 1552678132077.jpg (1920x1080, 676K)

why are people so obsessed with cape shit stuff? all i heard about was this fucking movie for weeks on end

You have to either call the Sega master system a 16bit console, or snes an 8bit console, because everything that is 8bit on the snes is 8bit on the SMS and everything that is 16bit on the snes is also 16bit on the SMS.
The difference come from the fact bits are an horrible measure of power.

I love all call of duty games and think that all are, atleast, competent and fun. Also mw3 is underated.

God of War 4 is fucking boring and I can't even sit and play it for more than 15 minutes at a time. Might even drop it.

Fucking hated Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim, Mass Effect, Nino Kuni 2

Final Fantasy XV is the worst game i've played in the last 10 or more years.

all of those things you listed in f4 were either broken or poorly implemented. the gameplay was horrific. i could see making an argument for 3 over it but 4 and 76 were not only bad fallout games but horrible games in general

Your taste is literally godawful. I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm being genuine here: find another hobby.

Mass Effect fan? Yeah?

go fuck yourself

>Fallout 3
FO3 is maybe one of the most boring games I've ever fucking played. I'm willing to give ES a chance but fuck, I'm never touching another FO game again. Overrated as shit franchise.

I don't care much about ME, but disliking the others? I'm not even joking, find another hobby. Go collect flowers or something.

his taste is perfectly reasonable.

I can understand Oblivion and FO3 (i actually didn't mind these games, I wrote that to bait punks like you, I just thought they got a little stale after 25-30 hours)

But if you're going to sit here and tell me I have shit taste and actively defend GOW and FFXV then you should also consider gardening or sleeping with men, i guess those kind of go hand in hand.

Not him, but Bethesda games are way overrated and IMO they're shit. Soulless lowest common denominator bullshit meant to appeal to the most amount of people. I agree with his taste, though FFXV being the worst game he's played in ten years means he hasn't played enough games because it wasn't that bad. but it was bad

if anything we need more people with this kind of taste. only redeeming feature of bethesda shit is the porn mods, which are mediocre themselves as well.

no, its not

Yes it is.

Attached: 1556851310014.gif (480x358, 1.16M)

Of the games you listed, the Bethesda ones are the worst ones.

Epic Games is saving the PC Gaming Market.

>gatekeeping yourself

All the political fighting on Yea Forums these days makes me miss the "Yea Forums 2.0" state the board was in back in the early 2010's.

>Could never get into the souls games
>FFXV's first half was great, the second half was pure dogshit though
>Skyward Sword was terrible
>Twilight Princess is the best zelda game ever released
>The star wars prequels were great movies
>GB and GBC had better exclusive games than GBA, which was a SNES port machine (nothing wrong with that, but mediocre exclusives)

ff13 has a good battle system and the whole game is superior to ff13-2

ME1 was good but I didn't care for ME2 and stopped there. Haven't played any other game there due to lack of interest.

I wouldn't call it the worst, especially by a large margin, but seeing people put it at the top of their "3D Mario" list fucking hurts.
FLUDD hover is way too powerful of a gimmick, it negates most of the challenge to the point that the best levels in the game are the ones that take it away. Even then, the ground movement is too touchy, there's hardly any acceleration between standstill and running, which makes it really easy to fuck up those good levels. 64 did this right.
Also, too many bullshit levels. You know what I'm talking about. I like the game, but I'm pretty sure it's just the zoomers that grew up with it calling it the best, and I'm a zoomer myself.

Thought this was /adv/ for a moment.
I was almost going to vent about my life here.

Attached: ohno.jpg (274x275, 25K)

>Twilight Princess is the best zelda game ever released
This is pretty much a way of telling me to just discount your opinion on the entire Zelda franchise.

Btw, SS was way better than TP.

The Xeno series is the best jrog series

I think hots is a good moba because games last about 15 minutes.

Gatekeeping is fine and I believe some people invest themselves more in their hobbies and as a result hold more esteem for their hobby. If you start a million video games and finish none you can be damn sure I'm dismissing your opinion on anything you say about your """""hobby"""""". I never understood why gatekeeping was seen as a bad thing.

FF14 is ruined and beyond repair and the community turned to shit

coworkers dragged me to see it and I fell asleep during the 2nd act. and woke up for the final 30 mins.

>mfw a dweeb baseding out hard behind me during first fight at the end with thanos
>clapping to himself and screaming "YES!!!" when Thor landed a few blows
like, the fight was alright and to give the film credit it wasn't all just pointless action CGI action all over the place like I was expecting. But wow the convoluted story lost me. The dialogue between characters was often cringey and not how real conversations should sound. The humor often fell flat.

Attached: 1555319233716.png (480x360, 192K)

But everything you said was right.

Absolutely 100% agree
If you'd like to start bringing the fun back, check out the Instant Oldfag Kit (collection of chan image macros from 2007-2011)

Attached: 20190128_060121_IMG_5080.gif (288x162, 1021K)

They're soaps for people who swear they'd never fall for that shit.

I know it's only cause it was my introduction to the series, but I did and still do genuinely like FE Awakening, despite is many flaws.

"difrent opinyun meen u stupied lol"
he's right you know, TP was the last real zelda game

SS is just a cheery version of TP, botw is decent, but fell too hard for the open world meme

Attached: urf.jpg (610x548, 45K)

A lot of people grew up watching these over the years. And since Marvel connected all movies and create this universe. Kinda forces u to watch all movies. So you don't miss out on plot and references in capeshit movies you actually wanna watch. These last two movies infinity war and endgame are just a clash of all these movies. And a general ending to this arc.

>I feel like a fucking redditfag writing this

Anyways it was a smart plan from Marvel to do this universe shit. Because it made capeshit movies mainstream. Back then only Heroes people cared about we're Batman,Spiderman and Superman.

>(collection of chan image macros from 2007-2011)

To be honest, I only started coming here around 2011 myself, so a lot of that stuff would be before my time here.

unlimited quicksaves were a mistake. They remove the tension from a game. Saves should be limited to a certain amount per level Hitman style.

i enjoy some superhero movies, watchmen and batman begins are prob my favorites, but it seems like more and more people are churning this out in lieu of actual movies with substance. maybe i'm just getting old.

Gosh, Soul Calibur is such a fucking beast of it's own. Between speed and range and the 8 way run, the mind games feel like they work on a completely different language from not only 2D fighters like Street Fighter and ArcSys games, but also other 3d fighters like Tekken and DOA. As a kid I went in hard on trying to learn soul calibur, and it always feels so weird trying to learn the language of the other fighting games as a consequence. Took me ages to figure out what I'm supposed to do and how I'm supposed to read and respond in Street Fighter, and am facing a similar situation in Smash Bros.

Attached: Ivy_Valentine.jpg (800x1200, 137K)

bethesda """games""" are literal shovelware. they get credit they don't deserve based on the work of volunteer modders. they've built a business model off of unfinished, broken products.

I know how you feel
If SC is your first fighting game, you will have such a hard time learning how to play smash/tekken/mk

ALL MY FAVORITE MULTIPLAYER GAMES ARE DEAD AND THERE HASN'T BEEN ANYTHING NEW TO REPLACE THEM IN 10 YEARS.

i really, really, REALLY wish i didn't know this feel

Attached: 1538760139023s.jpg (240x250, 4K)

Mighty Number 9 was a pretty damn solid platformer with just some questionable level design flaws on certain levels not all

Once you are an adult with a full time job, having a gaming PC is a waste of time and money. You should be too tired to even invest in gaming that much.

Playstation still is objectively the best brand to play video games as of 2019 until further notice.

Battlefield 5 is a good as game online wise and the shooting feels so satisfying. The politics hurt it for a lot of people but for people who actually play it many enjoy it and all the content is free. I just wish the content was released more frequently map wise.

I like csgo but I only play deathmatch and surf

Attached: 1542594453918.jpg (585x464, 56K)

>I never liked Megaman, LoL nor Counter Strike (even CS Go).
>Pokemon franchise should die. Post-Black&White games are boring and soulless.
>Doom 64 is the best Doom.
>AOE 3 is the best AOE.
>The Sims 1 is the best Sims game (it's not SO unpopular to say that here, but 99% of simmers prefer Sims 2 or 3).

Not that user but that's what I think about people who say WW is the best. There's no faster way to invalidate your opinion in my eyes.

(You)
>people are churning this out in lieu of actual movies with substance

Well these movies have big budgets which they spend on cgi and special effects. And people that watch these movies, watch it for the epic fight scenes. A lot of work goes into these no-brainers.

>I'm getting old

I think the genre is getting old. And needs to change their formula.

>Undertale>LISA all day, every day. The only people that pretend LISA is better are contrarians, faggots that want to measure their epeen with bullshit mechanics for difficulty, and edge-lords that think "muh depression" = good story
This is an unpopular opinion thread so I can't really hold it against you, but I can't help but feel like you haven't actually played LISA. I'll preface this by saying I like both games quite a lot, though LISA more so.
If you have even the least bit of video game know-how, the game is literally braindead easy. You can avoid any permadeath attack by pissing off the enemy, and the game throws consumables at you like it's confetti. Brad with both of his arms gone is still the strongest character by a long shot for his group hits and combo attacks, and withdrawal is mitigated with fire balls and having decent party members. A run on Painful mode and without using Joy is not only doable, but pretty easy.
The reason people like LISA is for it's dark humor and depiction of abuse. Emotional scars are something that can't be erased, and perpetuate a cycle of abuse that never really ends. Marty fucked up Brad and Lisa, Brad fucks up Buddy and Lisa fucks up Buzzo. It's depressing, but it's a story about a guy trying to unfuck his past, for better or worse, and how impossible it is to unfuck the past, but he tries his fucking best.
/autism

Only actual retards could enjoy Risk of Rain. OtOH, Risk of Rain 2 is good.

Examples?
Just curious.

Pirated Watch Dogs on my modded PS4. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Shit was what I should say "Kino". It had a nice atmosphere to it that many open world games I feel don't.

Avalanche Studios are a shit studio
based Aya poster

Attached: really.png (400x500, 589K)

Turn based strategy is better than RTS
Porn games are fucking stupid. Just watch actual porn.
Mount and blade is a fun game but it's lacking in content. The same is doubly true for Kenshi
Baldur's gate 1 was just okay
romance in an RPG has never been done well
Prey 2017 is honestly a pretty good game and I wish we had more like it
Duke3D>Doom

The Megaman Classic games are worse then the X series or later entries.
While the quality is more consistent, having no Dash or armors feels terrible.

There isn't a single good skill based shooter on the market today, and there will likely never be

>he's right you know, TP was the last real zelda game
TP was hot fucking garbage that tried to be OoT2.0 instead of finding its own identity.

And BotW was not without its flaws but it's overall one of the greatest games of all time and was the freshest entry in the series since MM (if we're just talking 3D Zeldas).

WW was at least a good, if not great game, with some flaws, though. Like being too easy.

>Just watch actual porn.

But I don't like actual porn.

You're not cool for not liking Marvel movies.

Monster Hunter World is lame, why the Fuck do people enjoy this shit? It's slow, gameplay is heavy and sluggish, you can only slash 3-4 times before you have to derust your fucking weapon CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT THE FUCKING DEAL IS WITH THIS GAME !?

>porn games are stupid
Tell me where I can find tease porn of girls without genitalia
and you're a sheep if you do like Marvel movies

>botw was fresh
so fresh it had to copy the open world/crafting element from BETHESDA games
botw is just elder scrolls with a zelda reskin with a weapon durability mod and meaningful cooking

BotW had more gameplay than most other open-world games.

>WW was at least a good, if not great game

Subpar dungeons, bad main quest pacing all the way through, tedious sidequests, TP tier difficulty, clearly rushed content, sailing's potential cut short by typical Zelda item gating so it's one decent gimmick doesn't even shine properly. The Orca challenge is good and the Deku Leaf is cool, but there's precious little about the actual gameplay of WW that I would say excels by the franchise's own standards. At least TP has good dungeon gimmicks and its pacing straightens out after the first third.

BOTW was fucking mediocre trash and I feel like I'm really the only one at least in the mainstream gaming world that does not like it. I will be buying that link awakening remake even more because I simply enjoyed the zelda formula

yes, it incorporated fun and meaningful side quests from other zelda games but still suffered the repetitiveness found in every single bethesda-esque open world game

iframes are just a lazy excuse for bad hitboxes.

It's 2019. The current fucking year. If it exists then there's porn of it and you'll be able to masturbate much easier when your hands aren't preoccupied with a keyboard.

>and you're a sheep if you do like Marvel movies
On the contrary, I have no issue coming up with my own opinions.

But Yea Forums as a whole shits on capeshit and acts like they're so above watching them despite this board being one of the most socially autistic boards on this whole entire site, on top of that, they champion and parade shitty anime as being superior on top of that. No, your shitty kawaii, moe, cute girl anime show isn't better than cape movies, fuck off.

>Porn games are fucking stupid. Just watch actual porn.
Here's my opinion, the porn game genre is a fantastic concept that is underutilized because of social stigmas against porn.
If you lock porn away behind a wall of bullshit, then the reward of finally being able to fap is amplified 10 fold. I can't just google whatever I wanna beat my meat to, it's boring and unfulfilling. If you're forced to work for it, the reward will always be sweeter. That's why I can get off to even kind of mediocre porn games with vanilla themes. And when you steadily increase the lewdness of the situations, with that work for every scene, the faps continue to be good.
Now this is all well and good, but there aren't many good fucking porn games since it's not a very profitable venture (for most). Most popular one is fucking Summertime Saga, and it's a bunch of vanilla bullshit that doesn't even have incest anymore, not to mention the art sucks.
I want a AAA porn game for people of all fucking fetishes, it would make billions.

What does any of that have to do with me not liking actual porn?

4 had garbage quests which completely undermines any of its good qualities

You seem awfully defensive for someone allegedly at peace with his own taste.

Metroid Fusion is the best Metroid outside of the Prime games.
>m-muh sequence breaking
Fuck off.

Attached: D5769BCB-AFE2-4D78-87FD-4CFEBE3782D0.jpg (335x120, 19K)

If you don't like porn then why are you playing a porn game?

>Majora's Mask and Wind Waker are the best Zelda games.
Dark Souls and Bloodborne are the only worthwhile Souls game. It's not that the others are bad, but there's nothing they do that the afore two mentioned don't do better.
>Fallout and Metroid are infinitely better in 2D than 3D.
Super Mario World is incredibly mediocre, and a stark downgrade compared to Super Mario Bros. 3.
>God Hand is the single best action game ever made and will likely never be topped.
Nier: Automata is trash.
>WRPGs are infinitely better than JRPGs

Attached: 1555197740416.jpg (1000x666, 332K)

There's a limit to how much autistic detail in gameplay design benefits a game. Giving loads of options and distinct playstyles is good. Optimizing numbers to squeeze 2% efficiency out of a build or memorizing frame-perfect combos is bad.

the 3DS is superior to the GBA

NIGGER

XCX has the best exploration in a game to day and the best open world

Underrated.

I don't, not formally anyways. I don't mind a Senran Kagura here and a Onechanbara there. There was this one succubus game I played but that has more to do with it being a legit decent Castlevania ripoff.

I mean, not really? My post was calling YOU fuckers out. I dismissed that shit in the first part of my post.

user I love you and all but imma need the sauce

I guess you could maybe argue it's the worst.... But it's still fucking great.

That is the exact opposite of an unpopular opinion, you absolute brainlet. Pretty much everyone thinks that Sunshine is the worst one.

Dark Souls community is great tho. Not the edgy middle schoolers who talk about it being the hardest game ever but PVP players usually have a sense of humor and some crazy shit can happen.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

That's actually an interesting take on it that made me reconsider my opinion. The busywork of getting to the porn makes the fruit taste all the sweeter, I get it. Gameplay doubles as foreplay.
Just out of interest, what genres are the most popular in porn games (aside from the obvious dating sim top dogs)? I know there's a couple of fps games around, along with a couple of 2D platformer style games.

They also ruin my experience when watching movies at the theatre.

Maybe when you see an enemy holding a sword called "killing edge" don't walk up to him and slap him with a medium armor unit.

I'm just saying, if you like something, fine. It's an opinion thread after all. But then you have a ready-made strawman to present as the kind of person who disagrees with you, and that just seems insecure.

>Subpar dungeons
You're thinking of OoT, user.

Attached: image-2.jpg (2514x702, 142K)

To be honest, I'm not very well versed with the genre. I've just played through a couple Western VNs, just figured I'd give my two cents on why I think the genre has a following. Another user could probably elaborate on the state of Eastern stuff.

It's not so much a strawman as it is the exact sentiment I've seen on this board a million times.

Now granted, Yea Forums DOES seem to be getting more accepting of capeshit but overall, it hates the genre.

Wind Temple's the only decent one and it' dragged down by Makar being boring to lug around. Medli was actually fun in Earth Temple but the dungeon itself was mediocre in its best moments.

>Dragon's Dogma is tras-

Attached: Dragon's Dogma - God tier combat 4.webm (960x600, 2.51M)

DLCs aren't bad if you get 8+ hours out of the main game.

Attached: 1556238319618.png (480x360, 118K)

My brother

Attached: 1556479254265.png (804x960, 82K)

I like some of BB's character designs. They're just so stupid and hokey they become enduring. Kinda like a 90s comic or toy.

Attached: 364048-battleborn-xbox-one-front-cover.jpg (720x1080, 133K)

-h
Dragon's Dogma is trash

>Dragon's Dogma is absolute dogshi-

Attached: Dragon's Dogma - Golem 2.webm (720x450, 2.26M)

But this is true tho?

I really need to go back to that game and finish ti already. From what I played, it seemed like a fantastic game.

DLC isn't bad at all if it's reasonably priced and gives you a shit ton of meaningful content.

I like walking simulators and thinl they are valid.
Yea Forums racism is due to parroting and reflex instead of actial standards and they will jump on any opportunity to label something SJW for the same reasons and this causes good games to get known only for memes some of which are hoaxes like Celeste and Transistor.

The chick with the swords and the robot dude with bthe cane are actually pretty cool.

It also stems from insecurity and from spending too much time on this site and letting it effect the way you think and perceive the world.

I get very uncomfortable around black people.

And why is that?

I never really saw what everyone did in terms of the dark souls series (what made it so special for everyone). League of legends is actually really fun and I enjoy it. I prefer overwatch over tf2, even though I spent 2k hours in tf2.

Attached: 1472606218317.jpg (955x1500, 585K)

Use actions as a warning, not appearances.

If you ONLY play open world games(especially falling for the first party meme) and unironically invest time caring about the state of video games, then you failed somewhere in life along the line.

-t
Dragon's Dogma is absolute dogshit

I read this in Shin's voice. I'm gonna go watch that now.

>Dragon's Dogma is literally one of the worst games ever mad-

Attached: Dragon's Dogma - Golem.webm (900x506, 2.97M)

Saints Row 2 sucks

I don't see the hype or the point to be excited about Newgame+, why the fuck would I want to play a game I just beat all over again for some measly minor changes.

Nice to see a fellow

>TM part was stupid
y? they explained it fully, made fun of it fully, and then executed it with flawed results that will show up in later movies.
>One funeral gets screen time is stupid
moot point really as all her friends already were in mourning.
>time skip
The absolutely show the results of how everyone was doing after time skip
>reappearing people
possible bad situation but as we will never know exactly what hulk was thinking when he did it means you cant complain about it.
>thor being the 1 of the strongest and having to rise up out of his self imposed weak state is classic comic and is supposed to make you feel exasperated over his condition.

This game is boring. Played it for about a week straight a couple years back and couldn't find enjoyment in it. The story(or lack there of) was pretty bland as well.

Attached: 51yZcsELkCL._SX342_.jpg (342x342, 28K)

I think that Yea Forums should be a board to talk about games instead of shitting up threads talking about anime waifus

I like Souls because of the world layout (no load screens, confusing, no map, shortcuts) and the weird, obtuse secrets. The difficulty isn't actually the main draw for me. I think most people who've put lots of hours into the series will agree that Souls games are extremely comfy once you know what you're doing

Detroit Become Human is a great game and does the CYOA thing better than anything Telltale ever made
The Last of Us, Half Life 2 and Ocarina of Time are my favorite games
DMC1 has aged like milk and doesn't come close to 3, 4 and 5
Fighting games other than Smash and Mortal Kombat are boring
BOTW is a 7/10 and the weakest 3D Zelda besides Skyward Sword
OoT is better than MM, but both are 10/10 games
There's nothing wrong with playing on easy
Half Life 2 is better than 1
Fear 2 is better than 1
Rockstar hasn't made a good game since Midnight Club 1
Kamiya's only good game is Viewtiful Joe 1
MGS 1, 2 and 3 are good games but no one can legitimately put them among the greatest of all time because of the controls. They're horrendous in all three games even at the best of times.
The Souls games are generic, by the numbers dungeon crawlers with boring, stupid plots and a relentlessly obnoxious fanbase.
Counter Strike is garbage in all configurations
Far Cry 5 is a great game and the best in the series
Sonic was never good
Doom, Quake, and most retro games have aged like shit
There's nothing wrong with not putting female characters in skimpy outfits
Cheating in multiplayer games is hilarious. Using LMAOBox in TF2 is a great time, especially while micspamming and changing your name

Outside of video games, Whiplash (2014) is one of the worst films ever made, Pixar hasn't made a watchable movie since Toy Story 1, and Batman v Superman is pretty good. I also watch every Marvel movie opening day and Game of Thrones episode when it premieres and think they both get way too much hate on this site

Attached: Cia01.jpg (3840x2160, 1.29M)

It's a mode so people who played on a harder "artificial difficulty" can wave their dick around. Useless mode overall.

Realism in games is good, unless is a cartoony game, of course.

>no load screens
Want to know how I know you've never played a Souls game?

>Batman v Superman is pretty good.

Attached: .jpg (625x626, 33K)

This game was more enjoyable than Sonic 2 and 3.

Attached: !!eBWBzQBWM_$(KGrHqV,!g8E0fWQq1!mBNQoeMwCV!___1.jpg (190x266, 21K)

When you're moving from place-to-place there's no load screens
Obviously there's load screens to get into certain blocked-off areas and when you warp
I've played over 3,000 hours of Souls games

Pretty based of you OP, for once.

STALKER is annoying to play, filled with bugs and looks like shit, I really don't get why it's praised so much.
FE7 is excessively mediocre and the only reason people love it over 8 and 6 is because they have a fuckton of nostalgia for it.
DaS2 is the best souls game.
Zelda games are just OK as a whole.
TF2, at least gameplay wise, has not gotten any worse since release.
Pokemon gen 7 is significantly better than 6, 3 and 1.
Duke Forever isn't completely god awful, but it's not good.
All wojak and pepe posters should die in a fucking fire.

Attached: chaiki.png (600x611, 415K)

Tony Stark literally sat on his couch and figured out time travel in the span of one fucking night. They tried to play off time travel as being dumb and not done right, and they went ahead and did it. Incorrectly! Every fucking time in these movies, the good guy 'figures out a way' to win in a way that would make every other thing redundant had they figured it out two hours ago. Of course they 'only have enough for their team' to time travel, and of course Captain Marvel can only show up JUST after faglord has put on the infinity gauntlet...

Also Thanos. What a weak-written villian. They tried to make him sound like he was a brilliant person with the wrong idea of things, but he' basically hitler.

The time skip does not detail how the world reacted to literally 2x more people. There's going to be a lot of famine and hunger; people are going to come back only to realize that their significant others have gone off and married someone else, or that their parents are dead, or any number of things.

The N64 version of Super Mario 64 is the best 3D Mario game, and it's DS remake is the worst. Also, both Galaxy games > Odyssey.
Radiant Dawn is the best Fire Emblem game.
Ace Attorney Investigations is a severely underrated game.

Attached: Board Bowser's Sub.jpg (405x282, 44K)

>Detroit Become Human is a great game and does the CYOA thing better than anything Telltale ever made
Yeah politics aside, it was probably one of the more enjoyable experiences I ever had in a game I played blind.
>Fighting games other than Smash and Mortal Kombat are boring
I would throw FighterZ in there and I would 100% agree, even if my favorite DBZ character(SSJ2 Gohan) fucking sucks gameplay-wise
>MGS 1, 2 and 3 are good games but no one can legitimately put them among the greatest of all time because of the controls. They're horrendous in all three games even at the best of times.
MGS is usually praised for it's story anyways, nobody really dives too deep in it's gameplay.
>There's nothing wrong with not putting female characters in skimpy outfits
I agree for the most part as long as it doesn't transform a serious setting into an generic weebshit like Fire Emblem did.
>Cheating in multiplayer games is hilarious.
Fuck yeah. The most fun I have in some multiplayer games is exploiting the heck out of something that wasn't properly coded. It's why I find the factor that devs who ban you for exploiting them because they're too lazy to fix an obvious cheese mechanic to be the dumbest thing ever about vidya.

>Ace Attorney Investigations is a severely underrated game.
Are you talking about the first one? Because the second one is considered the best AA game.

I prefer 64 DS over the original for having more stuff to do that’s still fun, more characters that are fun to play as (save for Wario), and still controlling nicely even with the D-Pad.

Attached: 34C29BB1-077D-4E43-9E91-4D08BBB15AC2.jpg (1750x1000, 344K)

Gameplay-wise was a massive waste of potential. The 3D mechanic that they kept shilling back then was half-assed and wasn't fun at all. The level mechanic was useless since each new stage primarily adjusts to your level, so power leveling was impossible. The only good thing about it was how legendary the villain roster was and each villain made the game's story feel like it was ahead of it's time.

Attached: 220px-Super_Paper_Mario_cover.jpg (220x309, 37K)

based

I like grinding in jrpgs

Spider-Man is the best PS4 exclusive. The Rhino and Scorpion boss fight it's one of my favorites.

>Spider-Man is the best PS4 exclusive.
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

B-but i'm dead fucking serious.

Attached: LtENML2.gif (400x301, 1.6M)

Sonic CD is the worst Classic Sonic game.

Street Fighter needs to have more fighting areas that are actually streets

Your not wrong, it's heavily overrated for its asthetics and music, even though the levels are garbage.

It's underrated.

No it isnt.

Attached: Best Sonic Game in 25 Years.jpg (471x283, 59K)

It's the best 2D platformer ever made, so I'd say a 93 is still underrated.

The xeno series is mostly consistently good
FF: Tactics is the best Final Fantasy
Mario Galaxy is the best 3D Mario
The first two Uncharteds are great. Goes downhill from there
GTA is a great series
Dark Souls is the best gaming series of all time
Fire Emblem has no right to be the face of TRPG's
Activision-Blizzard should and will crumble in the coming years
Until Dawn is a good game
WRPG vs JRPG is the most autistic argument on Yea Forums

Doctor Eggman is the only good Sonic character. I don't even understand why this is an unpopular opinion. It seems like the kind of thing that should be universally agreed upon. Sonic fans are irredeemable.

>Dark Souls is the best gaming series of all time

Attached: piecesofshit.jpg (1280x720, 221K)

Video games are dead. There hasn't been a single good new IP released this entire generation.

Video games are better nowadays than before.

Chrono Cross is better than Trigger in almost every single way, except for it's main characters.
Undertale is really great, but it isn't worth half the praise it got.
Same with Dark souls, people are also waaay too far up their own ass about it.
SJW stuff is fine in video games if it is done right and in small doses, you just have to make it understandable, likeable, and give actual dilemmas instead of delivering rhetorical smackdowns, the left doesn't understand this and that's why they fail.
The AAA industry must die, indieshit is the only SOUL the future generation is ever going to get.

Attached: DCGjSddXYAE9fYu.jpg (462x513, 48K)

Out of the ones I can make a judgement on, only hating AAA is a good opinion, but then again, that isn't an unpopular opinion as far out from mainstream this site is.
Trying to justify Chrono Cross and SJW bullshit is absolutely disgusting though.

>Trying to justify Chrono Cross and SJW bullshit is absolutely disgusting though.
this x10000000

First person shooters are not fun

Attached: 1538378832535.jpg (994x766, 61K)

i think subhuman is a great song

Attached: 1553652674269.png (898x808, 603K)

life is meaningless and I want to kill myself

i think dark souls 3 is the shittiest dark souls game and that dark souls 2 is just as good a the first game

Attached: 1553485843799.gif (624x384, 173K)

Dark souls is shit

Doom is a good game, but it's held back by not having actual 3D levels. Quake 1 is better in every way, but less popular because it's harder to mod or make maps for.
I liked Dear Esther as a free Half Life 2 mod. Even $10 is too much to ask for somebody's creative writing assignment.
The "western" AAA industry (really the American one, but nobody ever calls it what it is) and the Japanese AAA industry are equally terrible and guilty of a lot of the same shit.
"Gameplay" is just a retarded way of saying "game mechanics."
Star Wars and Warhammer 40k are both shitty settings with only a handful of decent games between them.
Piracy is the only way of preserving video games in the long run.
There's no point in talking about games that haven't been released yet.
RPGs need to have a good story or they aren't worth playing. The vast majority of them don't.
If you complain about DRM or "games as a service" on PC but still own a modern console you're a dirty stinking hypocrite.

Attached: 1461891860529.jpg (389x378, 70K)

>Bamham combat could potentially be the best system for beat 'em ups, this is my most firm opinion, carved in stone
>RPG's are generally boring, the only ones i've finished (and played for more than an hour, actually) are Jade Empire and Bloodborne, i'm planning to finish Parasite Eve too; i specially hate Chrono Trigger
>gameplay wise, Twin Snakes is better than the original, it's problem are the graphics, that doesn't replicate the feel of MGS
>Pandora Tomorrow > the original > Chaos Theory
>the Uncharted series is decent and doesn't deserve to be called movies
>there's some feel of unease that the original Resident Evil had that wasn't replicated in the REmake
>the first Injustice is fine gameplay wise (we all agree that the character design is fucking hideous)
>everything from Sonic sucks except the gameplay, which isn't that good neither, it's just decent
>Nintendo games are OK for a few minutes, but nothing to go crazy for, i haven't finished a single one
>subtitles don't substitute voice acting, Zelda dialogues is so boring and cringeworthy for the lack of it
>inventories should be always realistic, unless you give me a magical explanation of why you can carry a giant ax and i can't see you doing it

Sceptile looks like shit.
Cynthia is ugly.
Shiny hunting is fun.

>The "western" AAA industry (really the American one, but nobody ever calls it what it is)
We call it western because Ubisoft and Rare are from Europe, not America.

QTE's can be good: Shenmue, Resident Evil 4 (excepting those that involve tapping a button or waggling the Wiimote, those suck).

this image is cherry picking hard. Half of the shadow temple is being young link in the well and getting the lens of truth. All the other temples are better than wind waker's.

Do you agree that CD Project games are western for default.

>QTE's can be good
You're right, but you picked two of the worst examples.

Far Cry 5 is not the best in the series. It does everything worse than the games before it.

What are the ones you like?

Halo 1 and 2 are fantastic FPS (my favorites, actually, but my experience with the genre is very limited). The music for them is one of the best.

>It goes against my narrative, so it's cherrpicked
Cope.

Attached: 1496211728798.png (1260x706, 154K)

The Wonderful 101 is an obvious one.

Attached: Wonderful 101 - Protect Earth.webm (480x270, 2.86M)