Why is this one of the few open world games that is enjoyable to explore?

Why is this one of the few open world games that is enjoyable to explore?

Attached: 1b5.jpg (1756x1080, 263K)

Because Link is fun to control, has a ton of movement options, and the world is very interactive in an organic way.

You have total control to how you want to approach instead of preanimated grabbing areas. I liked Horizon but navigating in that game was a bitch.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.36M)

>I have played only nintendo games my whole 14 years on this earth

Attached: mr.pickles.png (1893x755, 1.43M)

Nintendo bonus

Because it looks good and the mechanics of the game allow you to explore everything in sight to your hearts content. You can actually go climb that mountain which is pretty cool, the scale of the whole things is incredible.

No fag. Its only because I've played most open world games on most systems that they're all seem shit compared to BotW.

Because BotW is open-world done right.

because you're a pathetic baby that will eat anything your corporate daddy throws your way

I just wish we go a lot more enemy types and more lore for every area.

Majority of the game is just Moblins, Bokoblins and Lizalfos.
I especially hated how they made Moblins, Bokoblins, and Hinoxes pig monsters.
Moblins are supposed to be bulldogs; except for pig moblins.
Bokoblins are supposed to be goblin/orcs.
And Hinoxes are supposed to be muscular cyclopes.

As for the lore I mentioned. I want like a plague or backstory for all the places.
I want to know more about the turtle/dragon temple in Faron woods.
I want to know about the ruins at the bottom of twin peaks.
I want to know why theres a gerudo statue far away from the rest and why her sword is up on the mountain.
It just get boring knowing nothing and after you beat the games, side missions, shrines, all you have left to do and "discover" is treasure chests in the ground.
If they released more and more DLC, that'd be great. Like a Faron DLC, a Lanayru DLC, a Eldin DLC with more missions and backstories of the ruins in the areas.

Its just so empty and wasted potential.

Attached: pwwergkrp.png (199x394, 85K)

Seething

it's a master piece

nintendo always do that

I don't think Moblins have looked like dogs since ALTTP. The pig look has been their primary appearance ever since. Bokoblins have always been pig-like except for TP.

Yikes.
So mad O.O

Moblins were bulldogs in OoT.
And what I'm getting at is 3 enemies shouldn't all be pigs.

BRAAAAAAAP

I do think BotW's exploration is intrinsically rewarding but the extrinsic discovery/reward actually takes away from the process after a while. It's the attrition of finding a shrine again and again that turns the experience dull after a while, feels like it's all the same once the magic's worn off. Every now and again though you do find something worth discovering, the dragons being the best example, and those moments are the best.

I honestly think the game is a 9/10 when you first pick it up, but after the first play through I couldnt get back into it.

Shrines get repetitive, after you've explored the map and gotten all the towers all the side stuff seems like a chore.
The game's best moments are when you just see something random and it leads to a fun experience, but that goes away as the map lights up.

I wish there was a more in-depth crafting system or level up skills that made playing after ganon more fun. Finding koroks and doing all the shrines is pretty pointless after the master sword

sniiiiifff

>Ubisoft, EA, Rockstar, etc. have been making open world games for a decade or even longer
>genre is stagnating
>Nintendo shows up
>having no background in AAA 3D open world development, they decide on a whim "Here, let me try that"
>right off the bat, Nintendo make the best open world game ever made on their very first attempt using a fucking toaster.

This will never not be hilarious.

Attached: 1538802026609.jpg (640x640, 126K)

There's something to find every few few, and not some shitty identical dungeon either.

Yep, this puts it best. The world is really interesting on itself, with diverse landscapes that use verticality exceptionall well, but ultimately you will lose interest when you realize that there’s really nothing else to find but shrines. The world puzzles, where you do the actual stuff above ground and the shrine is just for reward, are damn good, and I wish they had more of those instead of those generic-ish indoors shrines.

Also, one little thing that people rarely mention but I absolutely loved: having actual names for every location on map (no matter how insignificant) is cool as hell, makes the world feel much more ”real” in my eyes. I really wish that other open world developers would show the same kind of attention to that small detail.

>Shrines get repetitive, after you've explored the map and gotten all the towers all the side stuff seems like a chore
Yeah, Shrines should of acted as signposts if anything. Cut the number down to, say, 30. Place them in good central locations across the map. The player can then see one or two of them in the distance from a vantage point from their current location and have an excuse to go over there. Once at the shrine they can get their orb and now explore the general area for other novel things.

I’d jizz my pants if we could get as good overworld paired with a game with more RPG elements and more actual sidequests that utilize the world in better ways. Now it feels like the world is there, but it lacks the content that it deserves.