ASSASSINS CREED THREAD

>that epic legendary ship battle

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (695x391, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/the-bla-maors-the-black-vikings-and-the-black-danes-compiled-by-invasion2012/
youtu.be/AiGruFR0P-s
youtu.be/NpeKBfiVJQM
youtube.com/watch?v=QOfC1PEKt1U
youtu.be/Vq12-7feyg4
youtu.be/lubWTmPO5qc)
youtu.be/H6d79JHh3cU)
youtu.be/Y2RQ8YkqeEU)
youtube.com/watch?v=yGAei3thVhM
youtube.com/watch?v=eJBd4L1glBk
gamesradar.com/assassins-creed-creator-confirms-amsterdam-1666-is-still-gonna-happen/
pcgamer.com/assassins-creed-creator-says-1666-amsterdam-is-still-happening-for-sure/
fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8309&sid=2e1f26d90c1a3a6852652135daf2f9ab&start=735
mega.nz/#!NYBXhSSL!aycwLHRTEYZWy9VJrBqlh9IT-TfbieN3DqlANAUBGG0
youtu.be/Fwy_lqO3g6U
youtu.be/syV2-ZuaxC8
youtube.com/watch?v=gZrklEy9ohQ
youtu.be/Yb53ALjqfhI
youtube.com/watch?v=5523MGHVI8s
youtube.com/watch?v=UH8TQSO3_uQ
eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-16-screenshots-of-prince-of-persia-prototype-created-by-silent-hill-shattered-memories-dev-climax
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was the highlight of that game, that battle.
And we will never have a pirate game with that level of challenge and fun.

Also, in the open cinematic of AC Unity, does shay shows up?

Rogue was the best of the ship/pirate saga. Never quite get what people are thinking when they say "stalk this person #50" simulator is the best in the series.

Daily reminder:
>Next AC is codenamed Kingdom, set in the Viking age
>Developed by the Origins team
>Will release as a cross-gen title in 2020

Attached: petros-stefanidis-assassin-s-creed-viking-character-design.jpg (1920x2560, 1.1M)

There were actually ZERO tailing missions, maybe that is why so short. I like what they flesh it out sailing and combat, there were even random encounters!

It's a shame was so little.

It was short, but it was a hell of a lot more consistent. The AoE earthquake maybe was a bit too much, but the story was probably one of the best of the series.

>first Egyptians
>second Greeks
>now is Nordics
What is their end goal?

Shay doesn't even get a single mention in Unity. It's a giant missed opportunity.

Just played Liberation for the first time lads.

Thought it was shit.

Money dumbass

I really liked the earthquake missions, uncharted levels of script design. The story really missed rememberable characters, AC IV was better.

They don't want to repeat the same mistakes with the older games. They need to have variety in settings quicker than before. Doing ancient Greece after ancient Egypt was already a risky move, but Vikings are perfect. It fits with the new RPG direction well, is a setting that got very popular over the years for AC and they can take a lot of what is in Odyssey and improve upon it.

I wouldn't even be surprised if they went to Asia for next gen right after. It's better than having 3 games or more stuck in the same period/similar setting for years like with the older games. So glad Rome is deconfirmed to be honest.

After Vikings it's rumored that they're gonna do an ancient China game.

awful normie franchise
only ''decent'' one is 3

Attached: my disappointment is immesurable and my day is ruined.jpg (848x480, 35K)

>Kingdom
>not Valhalla

Attached: 1223680102688.jpg (537x424, 22K)

Naval combat in AC3 was much better.

I forgot to mention that AC is severly lacking in a nordic type setting, so Vikings really ticks all the boxes at this point.

Where the fuck are my Feudal Japan and Wild West AC games Ubisoft? I want to help Billy the Kid kill Templars

I wish the viking assassin protag would look this cool but it's just going to be generic.

It's just a codename user.

>they wasted Russian revolution setting on an awful spinoff

Attached: 1493636432207.gif (360x270, 2.27M)

Haven't played any of the new RPG/Ancient history games, how they differ from the old ones?

Don't worry you'll get the chance to play as a stronk viking womyn

Reminder AC has been dead for at least 4 years

Attached: The Truth amd The Miracle.jpg (1920x5159, 1.7M)

To sum it up very quickly: They are closer to Witcher 3 now than to the older games. Also it's less about being an actual assassin so far.

They completely changed how the games play.
>no more parry focused combat
>heavily increased RPG elements where you level up and place skill points
>loot system like other modern loot based games
>no forced stealth insta fail missions
>no follow missions
>no listening missions
Origins and odyssey play nothing like the old games

>caring about the Desmond saga
Thanks god they killed him and went full jew in the subsequence games just to pay less for writers.

those last 2 are great but the rest of it is awful

Parry based combat was fucking awful. The new combat is a step in the right direction even though it's still not great

>You have to beat an overleveled hack Man'o'war that can sink you with one attack!
>Oh, what's that? You're close? Here, have another two man'o'wars!
Fuck off, that fight was pure bullshit. Still felt incredible when I finally managed to beat it though

I saw dunkeys video and there were taling missions.

Has anyone actually bothered to get all the flags in AC1? I'm normally very thorough in these games but that's the one thing I can absolutely never be fucked to do

good

Attached: 1553169112363.jpg (800x1264, 101K)

>makes enemies damage sponges
>it's better

Attached: 5540d054616f8707e88971e5d57f41cc.png (420x420, 313K)

IIRC the guy responsible for putting those flags in the game did it as a joke and was surprised that there actually are some people that went and collected them.

I forget which one it was, but one of the legendary ship fights in Black Flag was such bullshit that I used a bug to win, by heading straight for it and then jumping on board when it passed by.

I haven't played Odyssey much but Origins had none so I assumed odyssey didn't either

I unironically hope you get killed in the next few days

>died like 4 times
>added cheats
>rape the fuck up of ships
>go without cheats
>defeated without any problems
You just needed to stay in the back of the ship, mate.

>caring this much about fucking AC story
Mate, I hope they just make it more cinematic

Arctic>Tropical

Fite me.

Attached: 9385729368.jpg (3762x1221, 3.86M)

It's better in the fact that you can actually die in combat because enemies don't take turns fighting you. I'm not saying combat is perfect or even great but you couldn't die no matter how many enemies you were facing in the old games unless you were total shit

It's the one side missions I've never done in the franchise. The 30 or so in Masyaf are easy enough but there's like 100 in each city, fuck that.

Yes, plus another hundred in the kingdom. Plus 60 Templars to kill.

>caring so little about vidya that ylu don't mind when franchises get raped
Hope you enjoy Fallout 76 fgt

Attached: 1556819322157m.jpg (1024x1024, 144K)

>What about the people who got all the flags?

Those are crazy people.

>[laughs]

But that's all my fault by the way. I assume it fully. I wanted to show gamers that sometimes collection is just a useless waste of time. So I put in four hundred and twenty flags that were useless. And I knew it.

I did beat it, dumbfuck. Doesn't mean I liked that clusterfuck fight

>being a retard

Attached: 1549933287697.jpg (416x576, 81K)

Arctic
>icebergs can be weapons or hazards
>icebergs can one-shot small boats
>icebergs can be used as boosts
>icewalls can one-shot any ship
>breaking thin ice is always fun
>storms are a clusterfuck and rarely happens

Tropical
>sunsets, water, and climate is always beautiful
>storms are much better and fun than in arctic
>shipwrecks
>map is wider

If only there were more stuff to do in the tropics.

>caring so little about vidya that ylu don't mind when franchises get raped
>loving AC
Nah mate, they are just good timewasters (and AC IV/Rouge are the only good games, for been the least ac from the series)

Have sex.
>enjoying ac for the story

Attached: 515156151515.jpg (960x540, 66K)

I don't understand the appeal of these games.
>the parkour is braindead automated shit that gives you zero control and makes fine adjustments and precise jumps impossible
>the stealth is barely present and when it is it's overly simplified garbage
>the missions and majority of the gameplay are on-rails, scripted dogshit that discourage creativity and experimentation in an open world game in favor of typical Ubisoft dogshit
>the open worlds are just empty vessels for shitty Ubisoft collectibles and towers
>the stories are 90% filler with only 10% involving actual emotion and character development, and are frequently interrupted by the retarded modern day narrative anyway
>the historical aspect is ruined by the fact that they butcher major figures and events from history in order to squeeze them into a ten-minute cameo (ex: the Siege of Charleston unironically being turned into a five-minute tailing mission)
Explain yourselves, zoomers. Why do you enjoy this absolute trash?

Attached: 1545937992413.png (645x773, 11K)

I actually liked Shay
Even if I just wanted to post "Shane" and had to google if that was actually his name. At least he wasn't Connor

>historical aspect is ruined
Nah it's not ruined by that. It's still history tourism kino. Combat used to be a power trip, by now you can actually die in the games if you overdo it

>list of everything that went wrong after Assassins creed Rogue

You are looking too deep into things, not everythings needs to be a masterclass of video game design, not everything needs to be ground breaking and moving you to tears. Some people called AC the mcdonald's of video games and that's what it is. It's casual, enjoyable and easily digestable.

What I do not understand are people like you who cannot just lay back a little and enjoy certain things as they are.

>they are only good timewasters
Only because CoD dudebros or retards like yourself couldn't handle Désilets' orignal vision.
>Have sex
Oh, you're baiting. Enjoy the last (You), inbred.

Attached: 1541899980490.png (496x708, 448K)

A fellow Désiletsbro, you looking forward to Ancestors?

Vikings is honestly one of the worst possible settings for asscreed.

The entire Asscreed series is about parkouring around huge, urban cities and experiencing the high culture of ancient and historical civillizations. The vikings didn't HAVE large cities. There's so many other cool interesting, and underused historical settings that do have large cities, complex socities, etc and they go fucking vikings because normies are familar with it, I guess? Even though Asscreed has never minded doing more obscure shit like the Golden Age of Piracy, the French Revolution? It really fucking says something when I had higher expectations from fucking Asassasins Creed of all things.

Literally any of these would be better or as good:

>Roman Republic/Empire
>European Middle Ages
>Proper Ancient Egypt (as opposed to origin's poltemic egypt)
>Bronze Age mesopotamia (Sumer, Babylon, etc)
>Ancient Persia
>A newer game set in the Medieval Islamic world
>Ancient or Medieval India, enough shit here for like 3 games
>Medivial Southeast asian kingdoms (Khmer, Sukhothai etc
>Ancient or Medivial China, like India you could do 3 fucking mainline games in China alone
>Fuedal Japan
>Postclassical Mesoamerica (Aztec, Purepecha, etc)
>Classical Mesoamerica (Maya, Teotihuacan, etc)
>Late Horizon Andes (Inca Empire); an early intermediate or middle horizon with Moche city-states or the Wari and Tiwanku empires would also work, if not for the lack of historical sources)

For fucks sake, AFRICA is better off: West Africa at least had more formalized political states and empires then the Vikings did and had some actual large cities even if they were even less vertically minded then the cities from Origins or Oddessy, and it also would be something fresh and not overused.

Attached: cultureregion scandanvia minus africa 2 COMPRESSED.jpg (2000x2928, 3.05M)

>caring about AC after III

Speaking personally, while as you note specific histrorical figures and events get changed quite a bit to fit into the context of the game and the assassins vs templar narrative, the cityscapes and overall socities being shown is usually spot on.

Lament all you want about the bar being low, but the asscreed games are, in fact, the best detailed recreations of ancient cities and their bustle and bustle in media. and I apperciate the niche it allows for less common settings and historical periods being able to be shown off and immersiing myself in them even if the gameplay is pretty generic.

>Norman era of England
Well, it can work.
Definitely not worse than Indians.

Looked interesting and the mere fact that Désilets is behind it will make me buy it no questions asked, after Ubisoft fucking him hard with AC and then 1666 I hope the game sells well and he can make a triumphant return.

Your mistake was not realizing that after the soft-reboot that was Origins, the direction and design philosophy changed with it. Vikings fit the current RPG formula. Hell, did you even play the last 2 games? The climbing and parkour isn't at all what it used to be.

What are the betting odds on Assassins Creed Viking allowing you to play as a white male?

Test

>the parkour is braindead automated shit that gives you zero control and makes fine adjustments and precise jumps impossible
The game isn't a platformer, climbing is just a way to get around, like vehicles in modern openworlds.
>the stealth is barely present and when it is it's overly simplified garbage
It got it dumbed down over the years, the game is action oriented anyway.
>the missions and majority of the gameplay are on-rails, scripted dogshit that discourage creativity and experimentation in an open world game in favor of typical Ubisoft dogshit
You got camps for that.
>the open worlds are just empty vessels for shitty Ubisoft collectibles and towers
Can be shallow but is their formula and works.
>the stories are 90% filler with only 10% involving actual emotion and character development, and are frequently interrupted by the retarded modern day narrative anyway
I coundn't care less about story in video-games.
>the historical aspect is ruined by the fact that they butcher major figures and events from history in order to squeeze them into a ten-minute cameo (ex: the Siege of Charleston unironically being turned into a five-minute tailing mission)
Wrong, normally historical character have huge roles in the games, DaVinci was Ezio bro to the end.

The game is a good timewaster, there isn't much to see but you can have a good time. It's the pinacle of average.

>couldn't handle Désilets' orignal vision.
Haven't played AC I, but Désilets worked on AC II and the games have followed that formula until Origins. The whole ancestor bullshit was always boring, the game pulls you out of being assassin to play as a boring ass character.

Good thing he died.

Attached: ENTREGA2.gif (390x254, 2.13M)

Same, guy e-mailed me and other early supporters years ago telling that he wants to give us the game for free but fuck that I'm gonna give him my money. Though I admit I'm more interested in 1666 than Ancestors.

Nope, Shay never shows up in Unity outside of off-screen killing MC's daddy (which is on-screen in Rogue).

>couldn't handle Désilets' orignal vision.
Haven't played AC I, but Désilets worked on AC II and the games have followed that formula until Origins. The whole ancestor bullshit was always boring, the game pulls you out of being assassin to play as a boring ass character.

Good thing he died.

Unity is so fucking bad, holy shit.

Attached: 1546606361554.jpg (500x326, 21K)

I dont care, even if you dont like the gameplay and writing of assassins creed the fact that a aaa studio is recreating ancient historical settings at all is nice

The problem is that these games fail at literally every single thing they set out to accomplish. Rarely, and most notably with Black Flag, you'll get a glimpse of the amazing games they could have been had they not been made part of this series. These games are heartbreakingly disappointing.

If the next one isn't Rome then Ubi can choke on a bag of dicks, last year's leaks were all Rome.

Sign me the hell up for Western Assassins.

I want all protags to have ass little "assassins creed" in their design as possible. Odyssey has distanced itself entirely from the classic costume and I hope that continues. Eventually i hope the assassins name is dropped forever, just call it creed or something

>Haven't played AC I, but
No buts, you're a retard

Same with WW1, WW2, Medieval China and more, your point? Ubi is trash

All those leaks got confirmed fake, Vikings are next, after that very likely Asia.
I'm not against Rome itself but man fuck that shit after Origins and Odyssey, I've had enough of those types of settings.

Just finished Unity after buying it on release, getting half way through, forgetting about it, and returning to it last week

Should I play syndicate > origins > odyssey just to play in order or are there any worth skipping?

They're never doing Rome, it would be too much of a retread of Greece especially with the mythological bosses and lore that's in all the games now

Vikings went to big cities like Constantinople and Paris, brainlet.

Origins and Odyssey are LITERALLY Witcher 3 clones down to animations and UI.

>hur dur you are regarded
Enjoy your shitty franchise, loser. I hope they never get back to their roots and you still seethe for being a fan of ubisoft games.

Attached: 1548683646.gif (320x265, 1.04M)

Wait people on Yea Forums buy and play Ass Screed?

Why wouldn't it?
They already said they are going to keep the RPG approach, which means you'll choose between man or woman.

>420 flags
*blaze it*

We already had games in Constantinople and Paris, dumbass

I'm surprised they didn't go straight with Rome after Origins. You practically go to Rome in the game to fuck (Ave) Caesar up in the game.

africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/the-bla-maors-the-black-vikings-and-the-black-danes-compiled-by-invasion2012/

Do you like Unity? If so you might as well play Syndicate too and then the others. Otherwise just skip straight to Origins and go from there.
Honestly, looking back, I feel like Unity and Syndicate are kind of the only entries that I would describe as worthless. You don't lose anything by skipping them, but that's just me.

People only turned on it around Brotherhood, before that it was a popular franchise on here.
People were completely convinced the ending of 1 had hidden codes that proved the setting of 2 would be in Japan.

You newfags won't remember. AC used to be very, very big on this board.

>can't even quote a post right
>Enjoy your shitty franchise
I don't anymore, that's the thing
>loser
Rude
>I hope they never get back to their roots
I couldn't give any less of a damn what they do, I haven't played a single AC since Unity and I never will. Ironically enough I'd be all over Egyptian and Greek RPGs if they weren't AC. I can easily headcanon an altered ending of III as the end of the franchise and be happy, just like I've done with countless other franchises like Fallout, Dead Space or Mass Effect
>and you still seethe for being a fan of ubisoft games
Imagine being a fan of Ubisoft in the year of our lord of 2019, please user

Attached: 1550751338538.jpg (480x480, 47K)

>doubt.jpeg
They've had 2 games in a row that focused on warriors over assassins. I'm hoping for Japan next so we get ninja assassins

Except Poltemic Egypt and Classical Greece, while not having overtly vertical and parkour suited cities, still had monumental architecture and huge cities even: It proves that, say, Mesoamerica with the Aztecs (see pic), or Ancient Persia and Mesopotamia could work, the Vikings litterally didn't have any sort of large scale monuments or actual cities at all unless you stretch "vikings" as far as possible and just have it be scandavnia after the formation of formal kingdoms in which case it's more just a middle ages game rather then a viking one.

And even then i'd argue it's be utterly generic and anything else in that list would be better.

Japan would be good but considering how common japan is as a setting, I'd rather we get China or even better, a Indian/Southeast Asian asscreed over it for an asian one. I'm really personally of the opinion that a Conquest of Mexico one would be the best, though.

You have the whole setup of two completely alien, complex socities meeting each other, huge cities using an aeshetic and tone that's never really been done in mainstream fiction before with even close to a degree of accuracy, also tons of ancient ruins in jungles, caves, and mounains you could explore, the political intriugue and scheming of both the Conquistadors, various native city-states, and the Aztec empire all trying to manipulate each other, with the former trying to manipulate the latter two to get gold and glory, the second one trying to manipulate the first to use against their own rival city-states and to take out the Aztec captial to further their own geopolitical standing, and the latter trying to use the first to take out the last holdouts, and ally with them and Spain to further cement their own imperial authority, and ancient alien shit for the whole First Civilization shit.

It's remarkably well suited to Asscreed's formula.

Attached: Montezuma's palace aztec captial scott stuart gentling.jpg (1200x800, 323K)

Brotherhood says hi
>but muh Caesar
eat a bag of dicks

Very, very big example of everything wrong with AAA, you fucking faker that wasn't there.

Ehh, in regards to characters, the most SJW thing Ubisoft was done was the black vikings of For Honor, but that was because you can customize the race of the characters.

Even with Origins they went for a more middle eastern looking brown guy instead of just putting a nigger despite being set in Egypt.

Attached: 1531452174275.jpg (1920x1080, 576K)

Confirmed by /ourjew/ over at Shittaku. Guy leaked every AC game since atleast AC3 with 100% accuracy.

>until Origins
Until Unity you mean.
Syndicate already dumbed down a lot to shit that led up to Origins.
Syndicate was also first one that was literally pointless filler, boring as shit and just unfun to play.

It was though, you little niglet. There were constant threads popping up for AC, especially for Black Flag.

Amerimutt detected, get cancer and die.
Ancient Rome is nothing like Renaissance Rome.

Black Flag was like 2 years ago and it was all paid shill threads, are you trolling right now?

user, Black Flag is 6 years old now.
>le paid shill meme
Alright, I'll just back off now. Have fun in that bubble of yours.

I hope the girl from the Viking game is hot.

Attached: 1534311790303.jpg (1920x1080, 258K)

>Amerimutt detected,
Then you better buy a better scanner, mate
>Ancient Rome is nothing like Renaissance Rome.
I couldn't give less of a fuck, we've already had an AC in Rome, they're not gonna repeat cities you retard

you know they can easily make it some assassin blending into the Viking world right? They did that with Black Flag so they can with this

KILL YOURSELF

>Black Flag was like 2 years ago
user...

no_

STOP REPLYING TO ME YOU NIGGER

at least pretend you've played these games if you're gonna bait

>wanting an ancient Rome game after two massive fucking games set in ancient Egypt and Greece
How are you NOT tired of that era? Jesus. Enough of sand and marble.

Well... Can you at least post some viking architecture to get me excited

It's not all mud huts like they say it is. Is it?

>viking
>celtic knot

What did they mean by this?

Why are they so afraid of making more modern ACs?
They could make one set in the Cold War if they wanted to preserve the historical stuff.

Within the span of 550 years, Rome went from a Monarchy to a Republic then to an Empire.

Ancient Rome is nothing like Renaissance Rome. The architecture, the culture and the religion is nothing alike.

I'm not sure just having it be set in different cities the vikings are raiding would work. I guess it could if it's more like Black Flag, where you sail or invade different locations to plunder them as objectives.

I guess, but I guess my deal is i've never given a shit about AC for the asassin stuff and i've always just liked it for historical cityscape porn, more or less, and a viking asscreed would be shit for that.

I can show you this concept art from an Ubi employee, I guess?

Attached: michele-nucera-vikings-village.jpg (1920x988, 451K)

The Modern Day stuff was so fucking weird and cool from I to Brotherhood but they seriously dropped the ball in III and it's been boring since then...

why though

Attached: 1550319274017.gif (250x167, 2.49M)

STOP
STOP
STOP
I
WILL
SKULL
FUCK
YOU
IF
YOU
DONT
STOP

Nah, AC3 the problem is that it should have been a full modern-day game, it's what the entire franchise up until then was building up to.
Instead they just half assed everything.

Viking architecture is cool and all, but it's usually done in a fantasy/fiction setting (Thor, Witcher 3, Skyrim)

I just don't have any factual viking cities coming to my mind when I think about it.

What are your favorite outfits, Yea Forums?

Attached: ACRG_Arctic_explorer.png (619x704, 958K)

most anons (aside from ) don't know shit about history other then european stuff or japan, and are basically just pic related, so they can't think of any other good setting to ask for

Attached: history starter pack 1.jpg (2160x1408, 572K)

You realize that those threads were probably archived and I could dig up some more blatant examples if I cared to, right?
Anything Ubisoft since AT LEAST Far Cry 3 was shilled relentlessly. You probably weren't even here, constant artificial hype threads about that faggot with the mohawk, then how amazing climbing fucking radio towers was for 2 weeks after release then DEAD FUCKING SILENCE since. This pattern has repeated for every Ubi game since then.

I don't know shit about history but weren't Vikings raiding everywhere like crazy? I read some shit about England and even Paris, wouldn't that work out?

Reminder the the fucking native americans, not even just the aztecs and shit, outright had bigger cities and towns then the vikings did, pic related

Attached: Cahokia.png (1022x1552, 2.73M)

Revelations didn't even have modern day since Desmond spends the entire game lobotomized inside Animus exploring Constantinople as Ezio after ending of Brotherhood and he doesn't wake up from his lobotomized state until AC3 intro.

Also the dumb faggots that complained about modern day stuff and serious plot are the ones that led to AssCreed becoming the trash it is today.

Brotherhood was the last real AC and also happens to be the last one that had the original writer, director and composer work on it.
Revelations onwards is pozzed SJW stuff.

The worse thing is Ubi missed the easy way out by not making ACIII Watch_Dogs but with Desmond. One game, just one game set in the Modern Age having Desmond dealing with Abstergo for good and they would've been free to create as many sequels as they wanted without having to deal with the Animus ever again. Modern Day fags get their ending and past fags don't have to deal with shitty Animus and Modern storyline. For some fucking reason Ubisoft chose the worst way to move forward and they killed Desmond but kept the now useless Modern Day storyline in. Why?

and a smaller example, this still being on par with most viking settlements

Attached: find what site mound.jpg (1950x1143, 791K)

That's what I love about this series tbqh, I'm learning a lot about history from all kinds of nations and eras

>Billy the Kid and John Tunstall are Assassins
>Murphy and Dolan are Templars
>The Lincoln County War was really about the Templars trying to get a precursor artifact Tunstall had
>Pat Garrett is also a Templar, sent to eliminate Billy
Fund it

>It's not all mud huts like they say it is. Is it?

It's not all mudhuts. There was plenty of architecture with character, but there weren't many large structures in Scandinavia like there were in other parts of Europe during the Viking era. They didn't really start building anything to write home about until Christianity arrived.

Attached: Borgund_04[1].jpg (1920x2880, 833K)

why can' we be friends

Attached: qnp6g82ia7f11.jpg (3000x2000, 1009K)

>unironically defending Islam
>complaining about Crusades/Deus Vult/warrior culture worship
Hello Ahmed

This one I put together in Odyssey.
About canonical ones, i'd be between Ezio's ACR outfit and Altair's armor from AC2.

Attached: 1526270118889.jpg (1920x1080, 739K)

because it's about the kingdoms of the Franks, Celts, and Anglo-Saxons defending their homelands from n*rdoid barbarian scum raider pirate feminist gays

Attached: Aethelflaed-Worcester-Cathedral1-367x1024.jpg (367x1024, 104K)

Attached: etowah mound.jpg (1533x1066, 918K)

>Also the dumb faggots that complained about modern day stuff and serious plot are the ones that led to AssCreed becoming the trash it is today.
I reckon it's more than that, because otherwise they wouldn't keep the MD and try to tell stories like they are doing now with that cunt Layla.
I think the MD went to trash simply because it was build up from the get-go to tell a story in a trilogy, which is what the creator planned. After AC2's immense success those trilogy plans got scrapped and the director wanted to leave. I think that's all there is to it, because if Ubi listened to these idiots MD wouldn't exist right now.

I WILL FEAST UPON YOUR ENTRAILS

Easy
youtu.be/AiGruFR0P-s

Attached: AC4_Duncan_Walpole's_robes.png (658x699, 1015K)

I like a lot of them honestly but I'd say the Odysseus dlc armor and waist are the best, but I prefer different headgear and limb protection

Attached: Assassin's Creed® Odyssey__22 (3).jpg (1920x1080, 488K)

The savagery of Vikings has been greatly exaggerated in popular media. They were cool, but they weren't THAT cool.

The funniest thing about Revelations is that it didn't 'reveal' anything new. It didn't explain Brotherhood's cliffhangers at all and the ending "reveal" was just a fancy cutscene of an event that we already knew about (old civilization getting rekt) What a mess this game was

kys mudslime

>unironically defending Ubisoft kikery
Die.

Attached: moundville 2.jpg (852x703, 435K)

The MD stuff went to shit because Ubisoft fired the main writer after Brotherhood.
Nolan North already said that the plan was that the events of AC3 would happen way later, that Desmond would train with 6 ancesotrs to become the "ultimate assassin", and that the thing you'd find in the vault of AC3 would be an piece of eden that would let him travel through time, and you'd play as him afterwards jumping between different periods, changing history to save the world.

You REALLY don't want that viking game huh user? kek

t. people literally proving him right

It revealed how Altair died!111!!!!1! so importnat11!1!!11

But yeah, the game was literally the definition of filler in which nothing happened, and Ezio's fucking realization at the end?
It's literally copypaste retread of the AC2 and Brotherhood endings where he accepts his role as conduit for Desmond and nothing more.
I enjoyed Brotherhood since it essentially felt like cut content from AC2, but Revelations has no reason to exist period.

Remember that you can get all the paid outfits with cheat engine.

Attached: 1545103754833.jpg (1920x1080, 610K)

>him
Sure thing Ahmed

..how? where did I do that?

Why is this game so god dang unplayable if you turn off some of the HUD elements.
The game looks so much better without all of that clutter but gosh darn it if you can figure out where the heck to go.

That sounds far more interesting than the trash we got.

Basically it clarified why Desmond had to go to the temple from AC3.
I remember some synopsis saying that it was about Ezio finding some weapon that could end the war between assassins and templars, and then it just turned out to be another apple of eden, and he didn't even take it.

So do you think they are pretty much making a fantasy game at this point? Were there any Viking Cities like this concept art?

Is this gonna be wakanda for white people

>I think that's all there is to it, because if Ubi listened to these idiots MD wouldn't exist right now.
You implied the original creators were "idiots" and Ubi is better off without them.

Funnily enough the Subject 16 DLC reveled more things than the actual game, what with Lucy being a traitor and all god I hate Ubisoft
I guess the main games' revelations were what happened with Altaïr after the first game,as well as Ezio's journey coming to an end? The things that were reveled were things that we either already knew or they didn't actually need an explanation, but seeing how the franchise ended up being and that kino ending I can't bring myself to hate the game.
youtu.be/NpeKBfiVJQM

He wasn't fired, he left on his own accord. He was fired when he was forcefully brought back in because of the THQ acquisition. Also, the creators themselves talked about a trilogy and AC2 was building towards that. I trust that more than Nolan, because he is "just" a voice actor. His information is probably only partially true. I doubt they really wanted Desmond to have SIX games.

Vikings were predictably as savage as any other uncivilized stone age race, which is why they are called snowniggers. Their main occupations consisted of piracy, which was invariably conducted against unarmed peasants, as they were completely destroyed like the niggers they are when they faced armed resistance, especially knights.

??? What the fuck, no. With idiots I meant the people that were hating on the MD. I thought that was obvious.

Except if the "idiots" were the original devs the MD wouldn't be gone because the franchise would've ended. He meant the dudebros that hate the Modern Day, user. As said Ubi selected the middle ground and is pleasing no one keeping the now shitty Modern Day alive.

>I remember some synopsis saying that it was about Ezio finding some weapon that could end the war between assassins and templars, and then it just turned out to be another apple of eden, and he didn't even take it.
It was Altair's Apple of Eden, you know, the one from AC1.
Ezio's in AC2/Brotherhood is different one than Altair's.
The one in Revelation's, Altair's, was literally already confirmed in the modern day sections of AC1 to be in Templar possession.
Vidick (or however you spell his name) straight up tells Desmond that they raided and sacked Masyaf centuries ago and already excavated Altair's apple from it.
They weren't after the Apple, but rather the map that Altair managed to coax out of it at the end of AC1 since the Templars couldn't trigger the map to appear.

Best game coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=QOfC1PEKt1U

Attached: 1553458190619.jpg (1152x864, 70K)

The "kino ending" is LITERALLY a fucking copypaste of AC2 and Brotherhood but now you get a low budget CGI cutscene of old civ dying.

What's your favourite AC and why, user?

Attached: 1556450989028.jpg (2304x2400, 412K)

My bad then, sorry user.

Guys, it's made by the ORIGINS team. You know, the same guys that made Black Flag?
They WILL make that Viking game a kino one.

I have very mixed feelings about Odyssey.
Beyond the obvious stuff that no one likes like grinding levels and stealth attacks not being one hit, the tone of the plot is all over the fucking place.
You play as a mercenary, set in one of the bloodiest wars of ancient greece, a war that took even more casualties because of plagues, and yet the game has this weird upbeat, super positive tone that just completely clashes with everything, and Kassandra and Alexios are like they don't care at all.
They are supposed to be mercenaries, hardened warriors who have seen plenty of war, and yet they seem as merry as Frodo and Sam in Hobbiton all the way through.
But then, to clash with the happy go lucky tone that already clashes with the setting, there's just this bizarre amount of uncalled for swearing, with people swearing as if they were a bunch of trailer trash.

The story in general of the game is just so weird.
I hope the next ones go back to being serious games.

Attached: 1537285313024.jpg (1504x1393, 107K)

Yeah I fucking love the Modern Day story in the early games but at this point just let it die, it's clear that they have no clue what they're doing

They introduced Juno as the new main villain in Black Flag and then dropped her and killed her off in a comic, what the fuck

How many For Honor assets are they gonna reuse?

hopefully the combat system, and with configurable movesets like Godhand

I know it's a different apple from the one Ezio had in AC2 and Brotherhood, but with "weapon" I expected something different.

Ezio meeting Altaïr and talking with Desmond now as an old man with this in the background was enough for me
youtu.be/Vq12-7feyg4
Funny how we all complained about the copypaste games back then. None of us could imagine the franchise would end up as shitty watered down RPGs

>He wasn't fired, he left on his own accord.
I mean officially yeah, but we both know he wasn't happy with it. Ubisoft raped his idea

Can't wait to set sail

Attached: 071418-111-History-Viking-Longship-Ship.jpg (500x410, 81K)

>leave her Johnny
The memories, what a kino game.

Was Horizon Zero Dawn's villages based off of Vikings? That pic reminds me of Mother's Heart.

>Viking sea shanties
based

AC1 because of the writing and because it's the only one (out of the ones I played) where Templars aren't mustache twirlers and Hashashins aren't Marvel Superheroes.
It's also the only one with actual assassinations, core focus on them and most importantly doing actual fucking research.

It's also the only one with landmark-based world design.
Did you know AC1 was designed without GPS in mind?
They added GPS last minute due to focus tester demand, but originally there was no GPS.
And in fact if you turn it off/ignore it, you will notice that AC1 is the only game in the series with very tight level design with distinct streets, landmarks, city sections and so on as well as orientation points such as road signs and whatnot that make it fully possible to play entirely without GPS and without getting hopelessly lost.

Sure it lacked side content and was monotonous as a result, but it's still the peak game in terms of writing and design.

And it's not like the current one is doing much.
>you play as a girl, part of a group of literal Starbucks hipsters who can't help themselves but make ironic jokes all the time
>no set objective, just "we need to get pieces of eden before the templars"
>literally three, 5 minute long modern day sections in Odyssey that pretty much went nowhere, and one could end after literally 30 seconds.

I don't know why not just skip them, this isn't like with Desmond, literally no one gives a shit about these people.

I mean yeah, that's why he left. He's said that multiple times now, I don't think he's covering anything up. He talked about how he felt like shit during Brotherhood's development because he couldn't be there for his second daughter.

Why did Europeans fight each other though? Didn't they want an ethnostate?

based

Attached: teno aztec captial 2.jpg (1692x1312, 1.67M)

woah, now that you mention it, you're right

I feel like there was a good game underneath all the bugs and Ubisoft sandbox chores in Unity.
I wish they polished that formula instead of turing AC into Witcher 3 wannabe

Attached: 1462301870253.jpg (647x594, 71K)

Because Europe is made out of a ton of different cultures.
Also, Germany.

Attached: 1552203344258.png (1232x2974, 203K)

For real, disabling most of the interfaces like weapons, map etc. makes the game 200% more immersive and better

>How many For Honor assets are they gonna reuse?

Probably none. Ubisoft is bad about reusing assets but never across different franchises and usually only when the next game comes out a year later.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey reused a lot of assets from Assassin's Creed Origins for example, but Assassin's Creed Origins reused nothing.

Pleb

Europeans used to love to fight each other more than anything

That's why the EU was made, so everybody would chill out a little bit

The fucking doctor in the first game is a stereotypical "mustache-twirler" and he is 100% Templar. The Templars, at their core, are pulpy villains, the whole setting and plot is pulp as fuck.

Yeah the modern day narrative is one of the main things that got me into the series to begin with but now it's a complete mess that has next to nothing to do with the original story and has no clue where it's going. Also the new stronk womyn protagonist is about as interesting as watching paint dry.

>it's user doesn't know the history of religious symbols in western/northern europe
I bet you would get triggered if I mentioned thor and odin were worshipped outside of norway/sweden/denmark

>europe is a country
american education

>ethnostate
Europe has a bare minimum of 4 distinct ethnicities

>those Isu monologues after you finish the Atlantis questlines
Hooooly fuck. Who thought it was a good idea to let a bunch of tumblrinas into the recording booth?
>boo hoo these objectively inferior creatures we engineered for slave labour deserve EQUAL RIGHTS but no one agrees with me
>Hey, Animus lady, GRRRRL POWER

It's legitimately the only one with very conscious design.
You don't have a health bar, only the synchronization bar and you CAN'T replenish it with healthkits since it's not HP, it's literally a bar that ties into the story and lore itself where it's how well you're synchronized with the memory of your ancestor (Altair) and straying from that leads to desync.
It's also why getting hit by enemies takes away from it, since the implication is that Altair didn't get hit or lost fights or fuck up parkour and fall down to fall damage like an amateur etc.
There's a lot of depth in AC1's design that every single game afterwards simply doesn't have.

He isn't, if you actually do all the extra research before assassination, stalk his halls and even listen to his confession he makes a very valid point that he did give many of those people purpose that they lacked before.
There is no black and white morality in AC1, literally everyone is gray and has both pros and cons, including assassins and even Altair himself who starts out as a completely unlikable piece of shit.

>Assassin's Creed Origins reused nothing
They haven't updated or changed the hay bales or horses since AC1

It may as well be seeing as the EU has rendered the sovereignty of its member nations null and void at this point.

I remember them mentioning that at E3 for the more hardcore players. Doubt they have the brains to make such a tight-knit experience again

Origins was in development since like 2011 though.

I like you, user
>Desmond unlocking Eagle Vision and seeing Subject 16's blood on the walls
>that ending
>Escaping Abstergo, meeting Shaun and Rebecca, and having Desmond start training
>Altaïr's Bleeding Effect
>that ending where you realize Ezio's 20 year journey was made so he could end up being a simple pawn
>creating your own Brotherhood and dealing with Cesare
>learning more about based Altaïr and that ending (youtu.be/lubWTmPO5qc)
>Anything Haytham related, and his relationship with his sons and their different point of view in both the war and their creed (youtu.be/H6d79JHh3cU)
>Edward's character development, that ending (youtu.be/Y2RQ8YkqeEU)
As much as I hate the franchise and Ubisoft now, I love all the games up until IV/Rogue/Unity. They can't take away the good games and memories attached to them, fuck them if they wanna keep whoring out the franchise.

Because Germany is retarded and insists on ruining everything.

I doubt that they don't have the brains to make something like that. They most definitely do. They just aren't allowed to.

The problem was you thinking that they care about large cities anymore.
In Odyessy and Origins most of the game are spend in the wilderness with not that many stuff to parkour though. Not to mention that Odyessy even had a mechanic to completely get rid of fall damage making it so that parkouring is a joke.

Why nobody mentions Arabian setting? It was the very beginning of it all Damn it. Now they could make it much better and intricate.

>pressing a button when there's a glitch onscreen changes the camera
>the Memory Corridor talks with your objectives
>the bugs and numbers appearing on the pause menu
AC1 was a very special game
>as soon as ACII they call the syncronization bar a Health bar and you can heal yourself with medicine
You did what you could, Désilets

The people responsible for AC1's design literally don't even work at Ubisoft anymore.
Désilets took his entire team with him when he quit and made Amsterdam 1666 which got then DELIBERATELY sabotaged by Ubisoft to kill off competition.
For those that don't know, most of original AC team (the one that made 1, 2 and Brotherhood) quit with Désilets after Ubisoft fucked with their plans for the series and formed their own independent company and were working on a direct competitor to AC called Amsterdam 1666 (that's where the game was going to be set) with many of the unused ideas they didn't get to make under Ubi.
Ubisoft did a hostile takeover of their company through stock market, fired Désilets on the first day of the acquisition and then cancelled the project and reallocated all the staff to Watch Dogs, Far Cry and other AssCreed projects scattering them all around so they couldn't work and collude together.

Replaying ACII made me realize just how bad the villains are compared to 1. They are ALL moustache twirler villains, holy shit how did they screw it up so much

Did this Desilets guy fuck the Ubisoft CEO's wife or something?

Odyssey has taken over my life, I thought I was near the end so I went and did a bunch of side shit and hit the level cap now it seems like I've still got a few hours left to go.

>I can easily headcanon an altered ending of III as the end of the franchise and be happy
Damn it, hurts a little.

>just like I've done with countless other franchises like Fallout, Dead Space or Mass Effect
Now it hurts too much.

Which was the biggest dick move ever. I like to compare it to the Kojima-Konami situation, only a 100 times worse. The open world design that he came up with was revolutionary back then and influenced a fuckton of other games, hell the combat even inspired the Batman games and shit. It's not his fault Ubisoft decided to lazily use that design for 10 years straight. The so called "Ubisoft formula" came from this man and they treated him like dog shit.

If you want more morally grey stuff, AC3 succeeded at that.
The entire game is pretty much you killing the templars for no good reason other than the fact that one of those who came before told you and then the templars telling you over and over again that you are retarded since they wanted what you wanted too.

>The so called "Ubisoft formula" came from this man
is it true?

Legit sounds like some templar vs assassins shit

>that creepy as fuck Subject 16 in Brotherhood
youtube.com/watch?v=yGAei3thVhM

Attached: 1523399709471.png (439x452, 72K)

He's the man responsible for AC1, II and Brotherhood. Think about games that had their open world, parkour or combat before them. Well?

Most based post in this thread. No amount of (you)s can make it any less underrated.

The fuck? He pretty solidly in the right, save for some brutality in his methods. Fucker was dealing with mental illness centuries before psychiatry, in a time where you were more likely to be left on the streets at best, or considered possessed and promptly exorcised/killed at worst.

The ugly fatass Elliot Rodge on the other hand, that guy was a psycho, he joined in to get back at the world.

Yeah. While it started with AC1, it was only with AC2 that that formula turned into a huge success. He was the creator of AC so yeah.

Ubisoft executive meddling and it really fucking showed.
Désilets wasn't even allowed to see his family because of 24/7 crunch with AC2 and ACB.

No, he simply had enough of his vision being sabotaged by executive meddling and quit taking his team with him. Which Ubisoft took as a sign of war and decided to fuck his life from that point onwards.
Also despite the hostile takeover of Amsterdam 1666, Désilets still had IP ownership of it and after being fired after the hostile takeover, he got his team to quit again and reformed yet again as another new studio and wanted to finish and release Amsterdam there.
But Ubisoft's lawyers sued him claiming that he doesn't own Amsterdam 1666 and thus blocked the release of the game.

Ubisoft eventually lost the case and had to surrender Amsterdam 1666 name, all assets and everything related to it back to Désilets but by the time they lost the case, half a decade passed and the PS3-era assets of Amsterdam 1666 were no longer fit for modern console release without looking horribly dated so the project was unfortunately shelved.
Ubisoft achieved their goal of completely sabotaging and murdering the competitive project.

>"Find Eve in Eden...The key is in her DNA"
Fuck you Ubisoft. God I'm so fucking mad

Attached: 1532636270815.jpg (654x713, 68K)

i knew there was a reason i dont pay money for ubisoft games

>If you want more morally grey stuff, AC3 succeeded at that.
I am playing it right now for the first time and while Haytham is very morally grey, the Hashashins are portrayed as Marvel Superheroes again and all the non-Haytham Templars, especially Charles Lee, are AC2-tier mustache twirlers.
Fuck AC3.

This was kino as fuck and still hasn't been matched by the other games.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

Pretty much

What is he doing now though?

I doubt he gave up. Is he working on anything new?

Hopefully after Ancestors, Désilets will come stronger than ever with a renewed 1666

>Ubisoft achieved their goal of completely sabotaging and murdering the competitive project.
Never give up, user. Desilets wants to make it, even now. Maybe even straight after Ancestors. He did mention that he'd have start from scratch, but that's obvious.

>when she looks straight into the camera
This fucking game

Attached: 1556853417012.jpg (964x912, 29K)

>looks at me
>"wh-what the fuck"
>desmond says "what the fuck" too
man, this shit was so kino

He's working on his new AssCreed competitor project called Ancestors where you play through various ancestors of Homo Sapiens.
I think it's supposed to come out later this year or next year.

I really hope so, I want that game so goddamn much.
It looked like everything Unity and Syndicate should've been.
In fact, Syndicate stole a lot of shit from it.

>In fact, Syndicate stole a lot of shit from it.
Like? I don't see any similarities to be honest.

Spoonfeed me on how.

If you still play modern AC games, there's this very thinly veiled theme going on that Ubisoft is literally Templars, with someone at Ubisoft still clearly being salty.
For example, the Abstergo Office you see from AC4 onwards?
Did you know it's a 1:1 recreation of Ubisoft Montreal office building minus the Templar/Abstergo logos and Animus?

Amsterdam 1666 was probably too woke for the Ubisoft executives and they had to shut it down

>Japan
I'm surprised they haven't bothered with it yet, considering how fucking easy it would be to just copy all the shinobi cultures/tactics.
Maybe now they've seen Sekiro be popular they'll do the usual trick and copy it 2 years later

Why are they even called asassins creed at this point? Not knocking oddesy but it's set before origins and you're not even an asassin just a merc and could very easily be either a new ip or an new game set in the same universe

For me, it's Arno's outfit. I just really love the blue.

Attached: hugo-deschamps-acu-highrez06-final.jpg (1493x1920, 567K)

Bird/Animal control mechanic in Origins was stolen from Amsterdam
Hidden Blade Cane-Sword from Syndicate is stolen from Amsterdam
Various of the Cane-Sword moves from Syndicate are literally 1:1 copypasted from Amsterdam (since Ubi had control of the assets until they lost the court case)

youtube.com/watch?v=eJBd4L1glBk

Attached: 1445859627216.jpg (653x490, 95K)

I reckon it's because they see it as their trump card or something. Anyway, current rumors point towards Ubisoft finally visiting Asia next-gen, but apparently China is first.

Reminder that Désilets is literally burning with vengeance and still wants to make Amsterdam 1666 after he's done with Ancestors.

gamesradar.com/assassins-creed-creator-confirms-amsterdam-1666-is-still-gonna-happen/
pcgamer.com/assassins-creed-creator-says-1666-amsterdam-is-still-happening-for-sure/

Well, first of all, install cheat engine.
Then, download the cheat table from the second post in here, the file that says something about an inventory editor.
fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8309&sid=2e1f26d90c1a3a6852652135daf2f9ab&start=735

Then open AC Odyssey and get into the game, and pause it or something.
Alt tab, launch Cheat Engine, open the AC Odyssey process by clicking in the computer icon in cheat engine, then load the inventory editor cheat table with the icon just to the right of the computer icon.
Then on the menu below, you go to Inventory > Inventory Get Item (external hook) > Get Bulk Get Item, and there select the paid pack you want, or just select them all and get everything.
That's it, you should start getting messages in the game about how you just got those objects.

Also, here's an excel file with the ID hash of all the objects in the game in case you want something that isn't from one of the paid packs. You'll need to know the object's name if you want a specific one, and search for it in there. mega.nz/#!NYBXhSSL!aycwLHRTEYZWy9VJrBqlh9IT-TfbieN3DqlANAUBGG0

When you have the ID of the object you want, go to Inventory > Single Get Item, and in HashID, on the right, on the "Value" column, you edit that ID to the one of the object you want, and then click the box that says "Toggle to get Single Item", below HashID.

Which period of Roman history would you like to see made into an AC game? For me it would be the Caesar's conquest of Gaul with a large chunk of Germany being playable as well as all of Italy.

This AC thread is not only very informative but also unironically woke, based and redpilled in a non-memetic way.

I will buy his game so many fucking times man, fuck I need this guy to get Kojima levels of recognition and chance.
Anyone else get triggered when they see people thinking that Jade made AC?

You the mvp.Thanks bro

The ones who made Odyssey are the same who made Syndicate, and they seem to have a very liberal view of what an AC game should be.
In Syndicate they already relegated the hoods to stealth mode, and Odyssey is very loosely related. There's the not templars, and the first DLC is about the first proto-Assassin, but that's it.

>Anyone else get triggered when they see people thinking that Jade made AC?
I know I am, but this was classic example of a man making something and womyn taking all the credit for it that's extremely prevalent all throughout history especially modern day one.

Sounds like he was the talent. Should I just stop buying AssCreed games and wait for this?

There used to be more threads like this one I shit you not. AC threads have a high chance to turn into pretty comfy and civil threads.

This is what you get when you ask money from ubisoft
They just kill the character you voice

Attached: 1554945427072.png (900x800, 951K)

OG Altair , that metal armor from brotherhood and the captain suit of connor are my top three

You won't be able to stop the onslaught of AC game now that they have revitalized it. If you enjoy them, buy them user. There's new blood I'd say that pour their heart into what AC is now, it comes down to if you like what it is or not.
With Patrice, support his game no matter what if you enjoyed the early AC games and Prince of Persia Sands of Time because guess what, he was responsible for that too.

user, the very post you are replying to says

>Bronze Age mesopotamia (Sumer, Babylon, etc)
>Ancient Persia
>A newer game set in the Medieval Islamic world

>but apparently China is first.

Hindu/Buddhist archtecture is kino, I hope we get India/SEA too

Attached: khmer-big.jpg (3500x2255, 1.92M)

I mean, AC literally died after Brotherhood and then died a second death after Unity so I don't know why you're still playing it.
Syndicate, Origins and Odyssey aren't even AC games.
At least Syndicate still sort of pretended to be one despite being more Batman than AC, but Origins and Odyssey are literally Action RPGs that rip off everything they can from the Witcher 3 formula.
They're not even stealth games anymore.

I sincerely cannot grasp how anyone that was there for old AC games, played them and liked them, can enjoy the nuAC games at all.

Why would I play Origins and Odyssey when Witcher 3 is objectively a much better game and far more original?

I agree, Prime Rome and untamed European wilderness would make a great juxtaposition.

Stop replying to him as if you were me you literal Ubisoft subterfuge sabotage specialist.

>I sincerely cannot grasp how anyone that was there for old AC games, played them and liked them, can enjoy the nuAC games at all.
>
>Why would I play Origins and Odyssey when Witcher 3 is objectively a much better game and far more original?
I don't know, I guess I'm just easy to please. Over the years, this series went through so many stages that I in turn changed how I view the series too. It's still dear to me, I know it sounds weird. But it is not for the same reasons, and it is not with the same strenght. But still, there's something about them that just makes me like this series no matter where it goes, and I'll be there until the end.

What the fuck are you talking about? You insane or something?

They really fucked up when they forgot that people only tuned in to the present day to see what batshit insane twist ending there would be. I'm shocked it took them as long as Odyssey to do the whole "still alive after all this time in the vault" thing

Sounds to me like you're just suffering from stockholm syndrome.
I tapped out after Syndicate (which I forced myself to finish) and I don't regret it one bit.
I tried a bit of Origins at friend's house and I don't regret my choice at all based on how awful and uninspired that game was.

He asked me as in specifically and I gave him an answer here Stop fucking pretending to be me, faggot.

based Désilets killing Kristen Bell for wanting more money

I heard that game was ridiculously easy.

Attached: 1542497765399.jpg (327x360, 17K)

I'm not pretending to be you you fucking insane troglodyte. What, I can't answer him simply because he replied to your sole post? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Wasn't him, it was Ubi executives decision, Desi was already on his way out by that point.

Holy shit so much this, people know fucks like Kojima and Ken Levine yet like said Désilets quite literally creatde the formula all AAA games have followed for the last 10 years yet no one knows who he is. It makes me so fucking mad.

that goes for any AC game, user

autism.webm

Yeah. Only that shitty psp title was easier.

>I sincerely cannot grasp how anyone that was there for old AC games, played them and liked them, can enjoy the nuAC games at all.
This desu. Makes me so mad

Attached: 1535400960881.jpg (706x856, 159K)

t. Sunk Cost Fallacy

Attached: 1535549915271.jpg (867x1193, 94K)

Nah, I'm a huge casual so that change didn't bother me much really. Also less/different expectations as time passed by. I opted out of other games before.

It's 100% right too cause im playing AC games for first time now and I already noticed massive quality drop from Brotherhood to Revelations and now im playing AC3 for first time and while I liked the Haytham sections, I already fucking hate the game and Connor.

Just let me enjoy my Witcher 3 clones will ya?

Not the easiest in the series, but the 3 era games are definitely the easiest

Install trainer where one hit kills you.

Today I will remind them..

Attached: ACTier.png (1260x1126, 1009K)

why are all your opinions so bad?

did Aztec architecture actually look like this?

Absolute early zoomer tier

Oh boy, how mad would you be if I told you that according to a former developer, AC2 was pretty close to having an Aztec setting before going to Italy.

Yes, but civil war and infighting already had their society on the way out by the time Cortes arrived and then he just finished the job by fucking genociding everything that moved.

yes

Attached: tenochtitlan11.jpg (725x448, 112K)

>playing ass creed pirate edition
>enjoying being a pirate, blasting other ships with my cannons and listening to shanties
>suddenly reach a mission where i'm forced to go down into the ocean with sharks and the unknown
>uninstall game
i can't explain it, it's a horrible phobia and i just end up getting to stressed out to enjoy the game

They killed off Juno in a fucking comic so I wonder why they even bother with it anymore. I fucking loved shit like the subject 16 data files in 2/Brotherhood.

Uneducated idiot here, this just reminds me too much of Origins. Pic related.

Attached: AC-Origins1.jpg (1884x1057, 512K)

There was one higher difficulty Lingeon trainer for AC3 but it's now broken :/

Probably one of the most contrarian posts in the history of Yea Forums. 3 is literally the worst in the franchise, and just a legitimately godawful game in general. I could respect your opinion in liking any random entry, but not that one

You fell for the bait

I liked Origins because of the setting that shit was fantastic. I didn't get into Odyssey because I don't give a fuck about Greece. My enjoyment of ass creed was always based on how interested I was in the setting because the gameplay was always subpar

>Find the one who will walk with you through the gate, she lies not within our sight
>Never gets brought up again.

Think Revelations ignoring that is one of my bigger beefs with the game.

>297 posts
no rankings
What the hell man? Post em', and if possible do NOT patronize other user's opinions.

Here's mine:
Odyssey > Origins > AC2 > Black Flag > Brotherhood > AC1 > Revelations = Rogue > AC3 > Syndicate > Unity

Juno was killed off in a fucking comic for some reason.

Yes. For some reference, pic related are two patios from a former residential complex from Teotihuacan which displays the same sort of archtectural motifs. Teotihuacan isn't "Aztec", since it's from like 1000 years earlier, but it's the same part of Mesoamerica and the Aztec took a lot of archtectural and urban design inspiration from it.

I can see why: The canals are sort of similar, as is the architecture vaguely, and both are hot climates. But when in the actual city itself there'd be signgficant visual differences in terms of dress, art/archtectural theming, and all of the cities and towns not built into the main lakebed or in other parts of mexico depending on how expansive an aztec ascreed would be would look way more different: Wouldn't be in canals, and the urban layout would be pretty different, and dependin on the culture other elements would be too: Purepecha or Maya archtecture for example looks significantly different from Aztec, Mixtec, or Zapotec.

Also, Tenochtiitlan, that city, probably fucking dwarfed memphis. Memphis at it's height had, AFAIK, like 50,000 to 100,000 people; Tenochtitln had 200,000 to 250,000 and covered around 1350 hectacres. For comparsion 16th century paris only covered around 400-500 hectacres.

They planned on the Maya, not the Aztec. And to be honest, i'm glad they didn't go with it, the mid 7th gen didn't have the power needed to really do a Maya setting right.

Attached: Atetelco+-+002.jpg (2500x1668, 963K)

Use Cheat Engine to have unlimited healthh and air. Sunken ships and caves are some of the more kino elements of IV

Shitch port of 4 and Rogue when bros?

It's because Juno was complicating their shit needlessly. They had this new villain but were directionless with it and the general view of AC started to degrade a lot, basically they were getting shat on from every side. With Origins, their hope was to have a clean slate, a second chance to revitalize the franchise. They had a new plan ready with Layla and Alethia or however the new one is called, so there wasn't room for Juno anymore. And because over the years they teased too much, they needed to finish her arc somewhere else, so they threw her to the comics.

BASED
A
S
E
D

I rate 7/10

>Here's mine:
>Odyssey and origins first
>Unity last
It's as if you're actively baiting

mythology, they're moving slowly away from history, and more into the mythology and pantheon of the ISU. eventually its gonna just be ISU vs Human war.

3 should be lowered for being a borefest and both 2 and brotherhood deserve to be higher.
other than that I'm okay with that list

Damn, your posts in this thread kinda sparked an interest in an AC game like that. I'm not gonna say that it will never be made, but judging by Ubisoft's surveys over the years, they don't have any ideas or plans for anything like that.

This is their latest one, altough it's like a year old.

Attached: lGUWF4X.jpg (782x482, 60K)

Altair's outfit and Shay's pain in the ass to get templar outfit.

deal with it, nigger
"nuAC" or how you fags call it thrives, Unity had nothing but pretty graphics going for it

Don't call for rankings when you're a nu-shitter

Bite me.

God damn I want a Russian revolution main game so bad. It would be the best setting to have a more modern ass creed. That entire period was just constant backstabbing and assassinations

In fact, posting some excerpts from Conquistadors

Bernal Diaz on Tenochtitlan:

>"Our astonishment was indeed raised to the highest pitch, and we could not help remarking to each other, that all these buildings resembled the fairy castles we read of in Amadis de Gaul; so high, majestic, and splendid did the temples, towers, and houses of the town, all built of massive stone and lime, rise up out of the midst of the lake. Indeed, many of our men asked if what they saw was a mere dream. And the reader must not feel surprised at the manner in which I have expressed myself, for it is impossible to speak coolly of things which we had never seen nor heard of, nor even could have dreamt of, beforehand."

> After we had sufficiently gazed upon this magnificent picture, we again turned our eyes toward the great market, and beheld the vast numbers of buyers and sellers who thronged there. The bustle and noise occasioned by this multitude of human beings was so great that it could be heard at a distance of more than four miles. Some of our men, who had been at Constantinople and Rome, and travelled through the whole of Italy, said that they never had seen a market-place of such large dimensions, or which was so well regulated, or so crowded with people as this one at Mexico."

And Cortes:

>"(About Montezuma II) He possessed out of the city as well as within, numerous villas, each of which had its peculiar sources of amusement, and all were constructed in the best possible manner for the use of a great prince and lord. Within the city his palaces were so wonderful that it is hardly possible to describe their beauty and extent ; I can only say that in Spain there is nothing equal to them."

"Invasion of the Americas by the Spanish Conquistadors" is right there, user

Attached: View of the central ceremonial city plaza in the Aztec captial of Tenochtitlan, Scott and Stuart Gen (1668x1174, 1.36M)

I don't want to

It would be a minefield of political implications about the bolsheviks and Tsarist Russia. Ubisoft are cowards they would never try to pull something like that

welp

Attached: 1324676517001.png (300x163, 4K)

While what serves as a plot is beyond retarded, I like the odyssey's atlantis thing since it explicity says that they've discarded everything the series has been up to that point and says "fuck it, we scifi/fantasy rpg with sword that shoot lasers now"

Yeah, though they use the "first civ lore" as a background, it's obvious that atleast the Quebec studio wants that fantasy shit.

Rewatching the glyphs from Brotherhood, god this shit was the best. That and the eurdito hacks of the Abstergo ads, I miss this creepy thought control shit.

Edward's outfit just has such a great silhouette while also not looking too outlandish when the Hood's down (for a pirate anyway)

I also hate the beaked hood look, it look silly. So I love how Edward doesn't have it

Attached: IMG_199a1643-63e4-45aa-809d-9fafa8150571.jpg (1920x1080, 2.11M)

Continuing with Bernal Diaz describing the city of Itzapalapa. If you look at the top left image in , Itzapalapa is the city in the top right of it, where the dike/dam meets the peninsula (it's a lake not a sea but you get the idea) on the right. It probably had a population of more like 15,000 to 25,000 people, rather then Tenochtitlan's 200,000 to 250,000, so 1/10th the size.

>We now entered the town of Iztapalapan, where we were indeed quartered in palaces, of large dimensions, surrounded by spacious courts, and built of hewn stone, cedar and other sweet-scented wood. All the apartments were hung round with cotton cloths."

>After we had seen all this, we paid a visit to the gardens adjoining these palaces, which were really astonishing, and I could not gratify my desire too much by walking about in them and contemplating the numbers of trees which spread around the most delicious odours; the rose bushes, the different flower beds, and the fruit trees which stood along the paths. There was likewise a basin of sweet water, which was connected with the lake by means of a small canal. It was constructed of stone of various colours, and decorated with numerous figures, and was wide enough to hold their largest canoes."

>"In this basin various kinds of water-fowls were swimming up and down, and everything was so charming and beautiful that we could find no words to express our astonishment. Indeed I do not believe a country was ever discovered which was equal in splendour to this; for Peru was not known at that time. But, at the present moment, there is not a vestige of all this remaining, and not a stone of this beautiful town is now standing."

Image is of one of the garden courtyards of Montezuma II's palace rather then Itzpalapa's palace, but it'd look similar.

Attached: Royal Gardens in the Aztec Captial of Tenochtitlan, Scott and Stuart Gentling.jpg (1796x983, 1.48M)

If I binge play all the AssCreed games from the start will that make me want to kill myself?

You'll likely just get bored and stop playing by Revelations.

Yes. This series is not made for marathoning. You will grow very tired and bored very soon if you play them that way.

Probably, so take a few days off after each game and then around Brotherhood/Revelations stop for a few months. Then play III, IV, Rogue and Unity then stop.

They removed minimaps in the last 2 so you explore more instead of staring at a map

For those of you that care about Patrice Désilets:
youtu.be/Fwy_lqO3g6U
youtu.be/syV2-ZuaxC8

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

They certainly have. Don't be foolish

germans are literal evil user

Play 1 and Ezio Trilogy with few weeks break inbetween each then take few months break after that.
Then do the same with AC3/4/Rogue and another few months break.
Then play Unity and Syndicate and abandon the franchise.

Jabberwockxeno

>caring about current AC when it has gone to shit for god knows when

AC3 also released right before the "end of the world" back in 2012 and was about the present cast stopping it

Uh humm? Sweaty, why are you in a 300+ replies thread then?

Why did they have to throw the fantasy shit into Odyssey, it's so stupid and it just discredits any actual historical aspects they tried to incorporate for a cheap "wow that looks cool" moment

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 191K)

Maybe they've made slight tweaks. But the horse in Odyssey is fucking laughable in a post-RDR2 world

You do realize most posts are talking about Désilets and how nu-AC suck major ass, right?

lol you're going to be disappointed in every other game with horses if you expect them to be RDR2 level. The horse in Odyssey works, it's not the main focus like it is when you're a cowboy.

And Cortes on Itzapalapa

>it is situated on the shore of a large salt lake, one-half of it being built upon the water, and one half on terra firma. The governor or chief of the city has several new houses, which, although they are not yet finished, are equal to the better class of houses in Spain –being large and well constructed, in the stone work, the carpentry, the floors, and the various appendages necessary to render a house complete, excepting the reliefs and other rich work usual in Spanish houses. There are also many upper and lower rooms–cool gardens, abounding in trees and odoriferous flowers; also pools of fresh water, well constructed, with stairs leading to the bottom

>"There is also a very extensive kitchen garden attached to the house, and over it a belvidere with beautiful corridors and halls; and within the garden a large square pond of fresh water, having its walls formed of handsome hewn stone; and adjacent to it there is a promenade, consisting of a tiled pavement so broad that four persons can walk on it abreast, and four hundred paces square, or sixteen hundred paces round; enclosed on one side towards the wall of the garden by canes, intermingled with vergas, and on the other side by shrubs and sweet-scented plants. The pond contains a great variety of fish and water-fowl, as wild ducks, teal, and others so numerous that they often cover the surface of the water

There's more discriptions of Tenochtitlan; and a bunch of other cities like Tlaxcala, etc I could post. But bottom line, them being very impressed, seeing palaces with courtyards and gardens in them, big plazas and markets, etc is pretty common and regular. ALso, again, image isn't of Itzapalapa, but of Tenochtitlan, this being one of it's canals

Not sure what you are trying to imply, but yes, I know him. He, I, and another person exchange resources

Attached: Teopan canal in Tenochtitlan (Aztec Captial), Scott and Stuart Gentling.png (1576x1133, 2.65M)

You know for a fact she won't be. They'll probably make her a lesbian, or at least bi, and more masculine rather than feminine so men won't find her attractive.

Are you suggesting that there wasn't a 50-foot bronze statue of Athena in the center of Athens?

Because AssCreed died with Brotherhood and died a second death with Unity.
Everything after Unity is irredeemable fanfiction.

They don't need to be as good as RDR2, but I would prefer they don't look like a Highschool animation project. D-Horse in Phantom Pain is the bare minimum for horse animation and controls

Why the fuck doesn't Odyssey have legendary ship battles

It is quite purrdy tho

Attached: 812140_20190423232556_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.97M)

He means all the spear powers and the Atlantis quests

>Everything after Unity is irredeemable fanfiction.
Well if you are gonna go that route, everything after AC2 is fanfiction, because Brotherhood and Revelations weren't supposed to happen.

Ah fuck South American Assassin's Creed would be so dope

Because Odyssey's naval aspect sucks malnourished donkey cock

who /prefers origins & odyssey combat systems than the classic counter-to-win/ system here

There was a 15 foot one but that one in game is simply retarded

How's Syndicate? I like the setting

is badly optimize and the games has a lot of textures pops ups

Immortal Kassandra a cute

Attached: 812140_20190419222830_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.49M)

It's shit and they didn't do the setting justice

b-but they ffffiiixed it

The only good classes are military history, maybe art history, anthropology, maybe linguistics, religious history, social history depends on what they mean, literary history and economic history are a bit niche. But gender history is literally meme tier.

It's definitely better, but I don't think the animations need to be as jank as they are

m8, this is mexico. it's in north america, or central america depending on how you want to slice it: in anthropological disscusions, "Central America" is usually only starting at El Slavafdor, Hodouras, etc, since the bottom 2/3'sa of Mexico, Guatamala, and Belize are "Mesoamerica" which is the cultural region that has the civilizations like the Aztec, Maya, Zapotec, Mixtec, and other civilizations etc. See pic for a crash course summary of Mesoamerican history

South America has like, the single most obvious start/end poiint of any contieient, which is where panama meets colombia. It's civilizations were centered in the sandes, so Peru, Bolvia, etc, and include the Inca, Moche, Wari, Tiwanku, Chimu, etc and other civilizwstions.

Mesoamerican and Andean civilizations are more geographically and culturally isolated from one another then, say, Greece was from India, or London and Egypt: There's like 4000 miles of distance and the space between them is all dense swamps and jungles, without any more civilizations connecting them, only tribes.. They only had very, very indirect contact. The only reason people group them together is because they all fall into the area we call "Latin America" today.

Attached: mesoamerican history summary.png (1457x1520, 346K)

I liked the counter to win combat myself, the new games' focus on combat really takes away from the assassin element.

>she wears a suit too
Wow, so how late into development did they decide Kass would be the face of the game? Is there even any extra dialogue to explain why she's allowed in the olympics?

I think the new system is the way to go, however I do miss the great animations.

Yeah but watching the same fucking long ass animation over and over and over again got tedious

So I recently started playing Origins never thought I'd play it, but I got it, and all the DLC (on PS4), for $25 anyone mind giving me some general tips? Is it better to upgrade weapons every few levels or should I just swap to whatever is stronger? Should I use the level boost (why did they even put it in the game?)? etc.

Just explore and kill bad guys you're overthinking it

Connor's back, it's not as gaudy as most AC outfits and the cut of the clothing makes the silhouette look more bulky/imposing.
youtube.com/watch?v=gZrklEy9ohQ 6:45

Attached: ACU_Connor_Outfit.png (406x1008, 615K)

>classic counter-to-win/ system
That system only really started with Brotherhood. AC1/II/Unity had better combat than nu-AC

It's still Assassin's Creed, user. You don't need tips. Do whatever you feel like.

goddamn that combat theme was so fucking nuts, I loved how it had those native american vibes to it

Explore. The world is fucking beautiful user, and you'll run into plenty of shit.

Bayek is based

Attached: 582160_20190430203011_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.8M)

Lmao no. AC1 everyone waited to attack 1 by 1, and countering with any of the weapons was an instant kill.

His beta outfit was cooler (4:44)
youtu.be/Yb53ALjqfhI

His outfit is good from the back but it's silly as hell from the front. The hood looks really bad, and he doesn't have any front "flaps" over his legs

>people unironically play with bald Bayek
disgusting
What plebs

Attached: 582160_20190424232928_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.25M)

>>Edward's character development, that ending (youtu.be/Y2RQ8YkqeEU)
>Of all the harm, that 'ere I've done
My fucking heart. Fuck ubisoft for what they did to the Kenways.

>countering with any of the weapons was an instant kill
You either haven't played the game or did a long time ago. And even that has nothing to do with Unity's.

I did. I remember just chilling in the block/counter phase until I saw someone try to attack and then counter their ass to oblivion.

He looks more Egyptian with a shaved head but I'll throw the beard on sometimes

Attached: bayek.jpg (1404x923, 1.04M)

AC4 is a rare case of a soulless company making a flawed yet soulful game

Attached: 8142a857b22141e1f4c10fd87c620a6e.jpg (950x1230, 208K)

How do I get this body nohomo

Attached: 582160_20190424233022_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.61M)

They should a full WW1 or something close to that time. It mostly workee im the small sections during syndicate.
WW1 is such a cool setting. Doesnt really lend itself well to shooters like Battlefield. An open world game would be much better.

The beta's front is still my favorite AC outfit, who the fuck approved to scratch it.

True, at least most of the time you see him from behind.

Are there any massive differences between the ps3 and ps4 versions of Black Flag? i found the ps3 version on a local garage sale for 2$ but i dunno if start it there or get the other version.

Brotherhood is made out of a lot of AC2 cut content and still had original team work on it.
And yes, everything after Brotherhood is indeed fanfiction.
But it was fanfiction that at least tried to be AC, post-Unity games are AC in name only.

I mean you *can* if you want every fight to last 5 minutes. But elite guards take more than one counter, and you can chain attacks if you strike again right when your sword touches the enemy's. III to Rogue are the ones where no matter what you kill everyone by pressing a button when the huge red dot on the enemies' head tells you to.

PS3 version will look worse and have more framerate issues

Best part is how Alexios' VA straight up confirmed that Kass didn't even exist yet as a character when he finished recording his lines so despite SJW PR saying otherwise, it's clear that Alexios is the intended main character.
Not to mention his design is literally a reskin of Geralt.

Japan or China would be cool, but theres honestly nothing they could do with a wild west setting that the Red Dead games didnt already do better.

Just find whatever weapon class you like and then a weapon with properties you like and stick with it. Poison and fire are OP if you want easy mode on any difficulty. Poison will clear out entire outposts if you kill the right enemy. Don't use level boost they only added it incase you lost your character and want to play the DLC without playing the rest of the game again

Hmm, the information I saw said they recorded side-by-side in order to better emulate each other so the character didn't turn out too different

Attached: 582160_20181225183737_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.32M)

The ending of Black Flag is Kino, that sequence with all those pirates ;_;

Look at the game disc, who is on it? Alexios
Look at the game's icon, who is on it? Alexios
Look at the game's home menu on Xbox/PS4, who is on the dashboard? Alexios
Look at the fucking cover, who is on it? Alexios (I know cover is reversible and has Kassandra on the back, but Alexios is the "default" one).
The plot is clearly written for a male character and a lot of shit is absolutely nonsensical with the female protagonist.
The collector's Omega Edition has Alexios ONLY on its sleeve and shit.

And like I said before, game is a blatant ripoff of Witcher 3 in every single way down to Alexios being a reskin of Geralt, it's clear he's the intended character and all the post-release Kassandra shit from Ubisoft is literally just PR bullshit for SJW brownie points.

I skipped everything after Black Flag and went straight to Origins.

Am I really missing out on much?

Attached: tom-hanks-explosion.gif (228x171, 842K)

See I don't mind having explicitly non-canon cosmetics like that, but Odyssey went full retard with giving the player actual magic powers, making up monuments, and having the ancient artifacts just lying around EVERYWHERE

Something could be said for Having dialogue options/multiple endings but that was technically in the old games too with the bonus scenes and "synchronization" meter

Not really. I did the same, Unity looks decent up close, but then you realize everything 5 meters away from the character looks like utter trash with LoD issues. Also the gameplay itself is boring as fuck.

Syndicate is Unity+, so similar purrdy up close grafix and gameplay, but you get a bathook which isn't bad.

I don't disagree but Kassandra had to have been planned from the start in either case, because she's Deimos if you play as Alexios. And most of the story revolves around finding your sibling

If I wanted to play Witcher, I'd go and play Witcher. nuAC is soulless as fuck.

Rogue is Black Flag but better (gameplay wise, more ship options, no tailing missions) and with a good Templar protagonist, you also get more of based Haytham.
Unity is just AC2 2.0 but in Paris.
Arno is a blatant copy of Ezio, his redhead waifu is 10/10 and you even get your own mansion to expand like in AC2.
I'd say both are very much worth playing.
Skip Syndicate though, it's trash.

Should I play Origins or Odyssey?

Uh, Alexios is Deimos if you play as Kassandra as well.

No. Not really. Rogue was black flag with a different setting. Unity was a glitchfest but in terms of gameplay was more like Asscreed 1. Syndicate was full of quips like a marvel movie but the steamboats on the river thames and all the factories and trains were fun to explore.

Any of them are at least worth trying if you like the setting. Historical tourism simulators.

Both.

Yeah but I mean she had to have been planned early on because the plot mostly revolves around finding her when you play as Alexios.

Same fucking thing if you play as Kassandra, my guy. The story is the exact same. You find your brother, mother, and try to unite the senpai

Origins is Odyssey with less features.

Odyssey is Origins but WAY TOO FUCKING GRINDY.

So desu it comes down to whether you like Egypt or Greece more. For me it's Egypt.

Agreed, but I still feel they could have exploited it more.

Attached: 1500929042356.jpg (793x1000, 174K)

You're going in circles and continually missing my point. Kassandra had to have been a part of the game since as early as Alexios was, because the plot revolves around BOTH of them. They're siblings.

Different user but she could've been there only as an NPC, not a playable character

>They'll probably make her a lesbian, or at least bi
They said all games are going to be RPGs from now on, so that will depend on you.

Neither

At least attempt Origins especially if you have any interest in Egypt it's extremely detailed you can tell they put a lot of effort into the world. The gameplay is hit or miss depending on if you really liked that ass creed formula. I wasn't a huge fan of Odyssey but that's just because I'm not very interested in Greece

I don't disagree. I'm just saying conceptually she was always planned, and her voice actor was probably there pretty early too, so making her playable isn't as last-minute as we might otherwise think.

I never said she wasn't in the game, I said she clearly wasn't planned to be playable/alternate protagonist.
The game is blatantly written for a male protagonist and it shows everywhere.
Kassandra being alternate choice was clearly late in development.
Also last few posts you were arguing with some other dude, just saying.

>so that will depend on you.
Will it now?

Attached: lara-horses.png (869x964, 385K)

I mean, people already got pretty pissed off because one DLC forced you to romance someone, to the point where they released a patch to change this.
The next one will either be the same, or there won't be any romances.
Which I honestly wouldn't mind, the "romances" in Odyssey were pretty much
>"I need you to carry this thing/kill someone"
>"Oh you did? Nice, lets fuck."
>scene fades to black

Attached: 1556712835748.jpg (1920x1080, 1.59M)

Thats shit. It's just an excuse for poor character writing. No more defined relationships, just cringeworthy flirt lines and then fade to Black with side quest npc's.

Its the same reason why making every companion in fallout 4 bisexual is poor writing.

daily reminder that black flag is the only good ass creed game

Did anyone else love Origins but hate Odyssey? You could tell it was a B-team project.

Yes. Well, I don't hate Odyssey. I just have a lot of disdain for parts of it. The natural environment, scale of the world, plethora of large urban areas, sailing, and armor systems are all good.

The main character, main story, grindy EXP system, ridiculous damage sponge enemies, feature/menu bloat, imaginary monuments, and focus on ancient alien technology are what I disliked.

Basically origins was very "smooth" to play, and I appreciated the main character and historical aspects of it.
Odyssey constantly grinds itself to a halt, gets distracted, forces me into inventory/menu management, and went full fantasy in aspects of the world, abilities, and story.

Attached: 584022-Assassins_Creed_Origins-Assassin039s_Creed-Ubisoft-video_games.jpg (1920x1080, 653K)

I hope we can add warpaint to the girl from the viking game.
I hope she's the "wild person who grew up in the wilderness and is almost half crazy" archetype.

Attached: 1537489807561.jpg (1920x1080, 585K)

Origins was being worked on since like 2011, Odyssey was shat out in 2 years, are you really surprised?

What is this? Whats with the modern looking gear?

It's just one of the paid outfits.

Attached: 1550116777691.png (723x600, 866K)

That's not really correct. Origins started dev in early 2014, a little after Black Flag's release. Same team, 4 years. Odyssey started early 2016, a little after Syndicate's release, 3 years.
The Black Flag/Origins team just has a levelheaded director at the helm, the Syndicate/Odyssey has different priorities.

Syndicate/Odyssey just seems to want to make fantasy games set in historical settings instead of Assassins Creed.

Well atleast the Origins team is returning now, however I'm not sure if that fantasy stuff is just because the Odyssey team has a hard-on for that shit of if the series is generally moving more towards mythology. I guess we'll see.

AC4 is the best game in the series. It’s the most fun and it’s locations don’t overstay their welcome.

Edward is the best character in the series, followed by Bayek.

I hope the Vikings game doubles down on the RPG elements and choices, or completely retracts them.

Assassinations shouldn’t be gear related, but should also be either balanced or harder to pull off.

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey was the first Assassin's Creed game where you COULDN'T ASSASSINATE ANYONE.

>Edward is the best character in the series, followed by Bayek.

Ezio is objectively the best in the series.

Maybe if you fuckingretards would stop bitchin and just wear assassin gear you wouldn’t have a fucking problem.
I’m playing it now at lvl 50 on hard with full assassin gear one shotting everything. Actually play videogames and then bitch you spergs.

>not understanding that mythical elements are here to stay

The comics and the Odyssey DLC confirm that the new Modern day MC is going to be Alexios/Cassandra levels of power. The staff of Hermes makes you never age, and the AI confirms that Layla is going to be able to pull off the power shit with the staff, instead of the broken spear.

>Origins started dev in early 2014, a little after Black Flag's release.
Retard.

Attached: 17v2akf5la446jpg.jpg (960x540, 327K)

No, nobody has ever played Ass Creed to roleplay. The Odyssey devs clearly want to do their own thing and resent the constraints of the AC brand - that's why Odyssey was so bad.

Assassinations needn't be hard to pull off. It's what the game is supposed to be about. I just hope they get rid of the auto-levelling enemies that ruined any chance of me enjoying Odyssey.

Ezio is great but the character development of Edward trumps him. Ezio starts as an assassin who gains wisdom over time.
Edward starts as a pirate and becomes an assassin because they need him.

You are the retard here, do some fucking research. That was a cancelled Prince of Persia reboot, its resources were then used for Origins.

Project Orisis was being worked on since 2011, do your research you dumb fucking monkey.
youtube.com/watch?v=5523MGHVI8s
youtube.com/watch?v=UH8TQSO3_uQ

Attached: osirispic_010916.jpg (584x328, 28K)

I'm only interested if you get to travel to North America and set up the stuff that was in Rogue

Except it was never prince of persia, that was speculation by journalists, Ubi explicitly fucking confirmed that it WASN'T Prince of Persia even back then.

Holy shit, what a badass. I wish was was you.

Attached: 1427039870460.gif (200x167, 988K)

And you can see that even back in 2011, Bayek was already the protagonist.

Attached: tpp3qaoxcuuz.jpg (1920x1857, 318K)

OSIRIS wasn't Origins you retarded fucks, holy shit. It WAS a pop reboot. The guy who leaked Origins here for the first time in 2016 and turned out to be right on every damn account said as much. It was made by the Black Flag team after it shipped. Osiris had nothing to do with Origins for the longest time.

Odyssey sold more than any other current gen AC, including 4.

By 3, the gameplay of AC was getting stale. 4 added the ships and a focus on crushing waves of enemies which partially saved it, but Unity showed that the slow moving parry based combat is anti-fun. Syndicate confirmed it. Origins saved the series, but felt incomplete. Odyssey is a few easy changes away from a great game.

>LE Yea Forums LEAK GUY XdDDD
You are literally fucking retarded.
Ubisoft EXPLICITLY said that there was no PoP reboot being worked on back in 2012, long after Osiris was already unveiled in 2011.

Honestly, I hope they get to do it. Just make the fantasy RPG games they want without having to make it an Assassin's Creed game.

I feel like if they had more freedom with it, they could make a fantastic game.

Attached: ACF.jpg (567x933, 283K)

And to further prove my point, THIS is the actual PoP reboot that was being worked on separately and WASN'T Osiris.
eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-16-screenshots-of-prince-of-persia-prototype-created-by-silent-hill-shattered-memories-dev-climax

Osiris was ALWAYS AssCreed from Day fucking 1.

Stopped at AC4 as I had franchise fatigue. How are Unity, Rogue, and Syndicate? No interest in playing Origins or Odyssey. Why the hell did they turn it into The Witcher?

>not understanding how numbers work

You put on the gear that make the assassin number go up, then you hold the button for critical assassination.
It’s not hard, and you’re a retard if you want to be able to go archery, warrior and assassin all at once.

COD sells well every year, shit argument.

>Odyssey is a few easy changes away from a great game.

It's a few game-breaking changes away from being playable.
Grinding and level-scaling enemies ruin any chance of fun, you grind away and still don't feel any tangible progress. Awful game.

>Rogue
Literally Black Flag in the Arctic. Same exact shit, even naval combat.
>Unity
Same boring formula, only in a buggy, unoptimized France.
>Syndicate
Same boring formula, only in londooooon and a bathook.

Attached: YOU SOUND LIKE YOU'RE FROM LONDON.jpg (398x436, 25K)

>keeps quoting Ubisoft to prove his point
Oh yeah, the same company that kept saying how it was only been worked on after 2013, right? You fucking retard. It WASN'T Assassin's Creed until the Black Flag team decided to make a game out of it.
>posts some stupid 2d game as prove
Wow amazing, you know that that turned into a subseries of AC too, right? The fucking Chronicles games.
The guy who accurately leaked every single detail 3 years ago is more credible than you retarded ass thinking.

>How are Unity, Rogue, and Syndicate?
they're okay

Attached: 1542842169046.jpg (1920x1080, 236K)

>using the word epic unironically

this place is truly dead

Attached: 1545791611872.jpg (960x1280, 283K)

>pretending to be a new poster when we can see the total number of posters

Imagine being so angry that Ubisoft saved a dying franchise.

Rogue is brettygud as a "same but more" of Black Flag.

>forskin

it's foreskin

How is it more though. It's literally a minigame in comparison to AC4

Rogue: Black Flag 2 in the Americas with Templar main character and return of based Haytham as your mentor throughout the game
Unity: Basically not-Ezio game in Paris, quite pretty but buggy and with pop-in issues.
Syndicate is Shadow of Mordor with AC skin.

Use 4chanX

Attached: 1555252039768.png (1059x75, 17K)

It’s a shame you’re so out of touch that you don’t know that you can turn off level scaling since December. Stop watching The Quartering and YongYea and actually read the articles they’re purposefully misquoting.

>you’re a retard if you want to be able to go archery, warrior and assassin all at once.

Worked fine in Origins.

"More of the same", not "the same with more"

Stay buttmad, Word of God > your fanfic headcanon
Get cancer and die while you're at it, you little jew ass nigger bitchboi

nice projection, you little creep

Origins also didn’t have the skill system.

Also, what kind of person wants a sequel to be the exact same as the first?

I put more than 200 hours combined in Origins and Odyssey. How hard it is to go back to the previous games, since their gameplay are so different?

Attached: 1554853104330.gif (487x720, 2.08M)

Truly embarassing. Do more research next time and you will be able to win those really important internet arguments, user.

Either way, you’re complaining about an issue that was fixed months ago.

I provided actual sources and proof, you provide nothing but headcanon, it's obvious who won, now kill yourself and stop polluting my air with your shitstained odour

Fuck

It was exactly the same though, but made more difficult to do basic shit. And the game was designed that way to get morons to buy special weapons and armour. Indefensible.

Origins had mythology but in the base game it was represented by interacting with priests and worshippers and such, and them telling you their beliefs. Or through Bayek stargazing or having ONE dream sequence where he visits the underworld.

It's quite different from Odyssey having LITERAL minotaurs and cyclopses

Attached: tumblr_orn2tiM6QW1qcy62fo1_500.png (500x650, 639K)

Not that much.
I got the AC3 Remastered thing from the Odyssey season pass and it was just a matter of getting used back to the climbing controls, mostly.
And honestly, all I noticed was how damn clunky the parkour of Odyssey is.
It's so much more fluid in past games.
I wish for the next one they would combine the parkour from older games with animations like the ones from Unity.

You do miss the stealth mode, being able to crouch whenever you want, though.

I replayed rouge recently and there is a lot of viking references in that game, I think the vikings are going to be the templars somehow.

I have over 120 in Odyssey alone. it feels weird but I'm playing through Syndicate now and it's not too bad. Combat is absolute trash but I get to be sneaky I guess

Bayek isn't black though. That guy in the 2011 image is VERY black.

You really didn't. Your argument is that dev started in 2011 and you use Ubisoft for quoting. And I'm telling you that Ubisoft themselves, the company that you are using for your dumbass argument, state that dev started after Black Flag. Furthermore, the leaker who accurately told us how things will play out in the 3 upcoming years mentioned how it was a PoP game and that its sources where reused. There's no reason not to trust him. At all.

You are a dumbass. What do you want? You want me to show you a video of the game director telling you all that so you can shut up?

What the fuck were they thinking with the combat of Syndicate.
>need to button smash for half an hour to kill one guy
>animations look goofy as fuck, like sped up, something out of a fighting game

The mythological creatures are guardians of the pieces of eden that unlock a gate. This is all Isu shit.

Attached: 812140_20190419193912_1.jpg (2560x1440, 2.06M)

I hold a similar opinion, but in the opposite direction. Drop all the autistic Asscreed lore, including the assassin's, Templars, and ancient aliens. Then make a pure historical RPG with NO fantasy elements and no Asscreed Staples holding it back.

>playing asscreed
sage

Attached: madanf.jpg (255x255, 15K)

Yeah, but that's lazy as shit.
They put all these fantastical elements and creatures and just said
>Ehh, it's first civilization lmao

And it wasn't even worth it, the bosses are piss easy, the problem is that they have a fuck ton of health.
By the time you have completely figured them out and know how to avoid taking any damage, they still have like 75% of the health left.

lol

>What is their end goal?
To focus more on the supernatural and mythological. We've already had god fights in Origins and Odyssey right? Norse makes a lot of sense from that angle, you could fight Thor in the post-game Unlike God of War 4

The whole Isu/artifacts of eden storyline is lazy as shit and has been there since the beginning, user.

>Origins also didn’t have the skill system
Yes it did. It had plenty of abilities and combos and multipliers you had to unlock, just like Odyssey. Only difference is they're not magic.

Does Elise like it in the ass?

Attached: 098534985.jpg (1600x900, 170K)

I provided proof in links, you provided jack shit except your buttblasted daddy rape trauma schlock shit lmao get fucked you dumb ass niggerboi ima fucking rape you so fucking hard yo momma wont even recognize you after im done with ya oh wait i forgot i already went and done caved your momma skull in during pregnancy which is why she birthed such an autismal mouthbreather like that you that is the definition of 'that kid' just frothing at the mouth when your headcanon is being exposed for a bunch of made up fairytale like the bitch ass cuck lovin s󠛡o󠛡yboy you are
*dabs*

just finished odyssey bros, pretty great game, but fucking holy shit it was big and i think i need a break from games in general now.

filthy mouthbreather

There's one thing that Odyssey lacks in comparison to a lot others which is subtlety.
In Odyssey they went completely full retard, in previous games it was just a background thing with maybe an artifact or two.

Shit was fucking huge, but man is it beautiful.

Attached: 812140_20190424012525_1.jpg (2560x1440, 3.6M)

what the hell, man

Yes, the series has always had those Apples of Eden that could create illusions. Fine. But it's easier to believe an illusion of a man than it is some wacky giant monster. And previously, the apples always needed a wielder to work.

I’m just saying don’t spew shit you don’t even try.
If you run in all warrior and hunter gear and bitch you can’t assassinate you must have the mind of 12 year old.
Fucking get gud

Exactly. The old games treated these powerful ancient tech with reverence. They were extremely rare, and used scarcely. Odyssey just throws a million of them all over the damn place and has them doing WAY wackier stuff than previously seen.

thats bullshit, the best assassin gear in the game with high tier engravings still won't give you a one shot on a polemarch

ENEMY SHIPS, CAP'N! TWO MAN O'WARS!!

Attached: ac4_fearless_and_sovereign.png (2560x1440, 3.6M)

Levantine coast isn´t araby

I wonder if any of these games will give us a Man of War as a ship instead of just frigates.
Maybe they are too big.

Im playing on normal right now, level 52, i don't know what the fuck i managed to do to my build but I'm one-shotting every mercenary I see with the critical assassinate.

Its weird because previously I could never do that, everyone in this game is such a fucking damage sponge.

You used a man 'o war once or twice in AC4. Once with Blackbeard, and once with Bartholomew Roberts?

Yeah, but as your own ship.