It's linear so it's bad!

>It's linear so it's bad!

Attached: mfwstupidposts.jpg (1500x1000, 136K)

I thought the kids these days liked linear games so they can watch them on youtube instead of actually playing them.

Nah, zoomers hate quality and prefer quantity. Better to play Skryim again than anything that involves skill. All you have to do is peak into a Dark Souls thread. Anything else is considered cinematic.

I remember this trend from like 2008 to 2013 it was always "play it your way sandbox" "[new game's] map is [5] times bigger than [previous game]"

Every game with a main quest is linear.

Its still going on, see Fallout 76. That one might have killed it off for good though

Zoomers won't play any SP game that isn't open world
That's why everything is open world garbage now with no gameplay depth. See botW, any ubisoft game, or the myriad of survival open world shit

Was 76s map even larger than 4s? All the gameplay I had seen made it look relatively small and sparce

Yep. A complete fucking waste

Attached: f.png (395x165, 12K)

Open worlds are empty and linear maps are braindead. Dark souls does it right. I also like Nioh’s approach.

I miss linear games desu, all this open world padding is such a boring time sink

>linear maps are braindead
Let's see if you can follow up that statement with an explanation

FO76 is huge but you can't explore like half of it until you level up.

None of it is worth exploring anyway

Why should I? As Socrates establishes in Gorgias, truth is weak for persuading people. Any argument I may give wouldn't persuade anyone who believes linear maps to be good.
And do you know what? I don't give a shit. If you want to keep eating crap from a plate, do go on.

This but unironically. Dynasty Warriors for example didn't need to be open world.
It's the one game where you shut your brain off, smash a few buttons and wipe out ten thousand people and that's all you need to do.
Koei fell for the open world meme and suddenly you have to hunt/scout/skirmish etc when all anyone wants to do is murderfuck a bunch of people.

How sad, I guess I shouldn't have expected a dark souls fan to have an argument

>linear is bad!!!! I prefer dark souls which is a bunch of linear areas you have to run back and forward through, backtracking is very fun!!!!!

Attached: brainlet.jpg (645x968, 47K)

>quoting Socrates
>doesn't actually give him an explanation
I understand there is intellectual posturing but you can't just avoid the topic completely. If you going to shitpost on him just call him a faggot.

Todays linear games ARE bad you zoomer fag. They are almost always sub 20 hours, often even under 10, and the better part of the gameplay is cut-scenes and dialogue. At least open world you can squeeze more gameplay out than the developers intended, because most developers are incompetent as fuck.

Linear games pre 2005 are good. most afterwards are horrendous. prove me wrong.

>It's open world so it's bad!

Attached: 1547635612561.png (1440x1557, 821K)

Wolfenstein new order

I like the old blood too

I didn't like doom though, can't really tell you why

> They are almost always sub 20 hours, often even under 10

Point being?

>short games are bad games

>It's not 200 hours of fetch quests so it's bad

Attached: tooretadedtothink.jpg (318x159, 5K)

What the fuck is a Zoomer at this point

see

Any youngster who eats up the garbage that gets pooped out today.

>the game has 200 hours of content that I strawman into fetch quests is bad

Attached: 1553596700356.png (645x614, 83K)

What?

>the game has 200 hours of content that I strawman into fetch quests is bad

>content
>literally the same missions that are in every open-world game
>literally the same gameplay in every open-world game.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

>strawman

Attached: 1543869168347.png (179x281, 7K)

Is this the worst thread on Yea Forums?

how many levels of irony are you on right now

>Wahhh strawman
>durriginal content

Attached: totallynotbatman.jpg (639x361, 61K)

>LITERALLY THE SAME GAMEPLAY
>*plays shooters and hack n slash that all play similarly*

I don't play shooters. I rarely play hack n slash either.

Are you trying to argue that what he said wasn't strawmanning or something?

Attached: 1556558108719.png (900x600, 78K)

>it’s hard so it’s good

>One cutscene
>"IT'S CINEMATIC GARBAGE!"

Attached: 11111.jpg (284x178, 8K)

>this thread
Yikes

People I don’t like

The real redpill is having large open areas to fight in and explore in a focused, linear game, like the recent Uncharteds. Literally the best of both worlds for both story and gameplay: the freedom of open world without any of the bland filler; the tight pacing of linear without any of the constriction.

Attached: one chapter in Lost Legacy.jpg (1024x774, 132K)

>it's an open world!
>you can do anything!
>quests are more linear than linear games

Attached: 1358568903332.gif (254x144, 385K)

>it's longer so it's better!

This man gets it. Open-level, not open-world.

Rockstar make linear games feel open world.

Attached: D45xPGMXkAA1zPi.jpg (1200x675, 28K)

>Not having both segments of open world exploration and finely crafted linear segments
What are you even doing

Attached: MetroExodus-2019-02-12-15-59-35-06.jpg (3840x2160, 1.4M)

Fallout did it first

Attached: ok.gif (500x500, 1.77M)

Fallout games have never put me in a shootout and failed me for not shooting the enemies in a specific order. Fallout games have never failed me for being too far from an NPC. Fallout games have never failed me for looting bodies after a fight. Etc.

True

Socrates also said that the mankind is made of two kinds of people: wise people who know they’re fools and fools who think they are wise.

Remember, wisdom begins with a wonder. You are acting like a woman.