Let's have a Mario Maker 2 thread

Let's have a Mario Maker 2 thread

Will SMW theme be the most fun once again? What do other themes have to do to compete?

Attached: mario-maker-featured.png.jpg (600x400, 57K)

3D World might be most fun depending how that car works

3D World looks the most slow imo. In Super Mario World is gonna be the most based no contest

Attached: A9999736-FC8D-48A2-8088-8B04792D45B2.jpg (236x303, 15K)

I hope they make something to make coins more useful
Maybe like red coins, you could have a door or gate or something that unlocks at 50 or whatever number of coins so you have to actually gather them instead of being there for extra 1-ups

Why was SMW the most fun in the first one?

SMB1 has limited physics
SMB3 is just boring
NSMB has ugly visuals and music

SMW has neat aesthetics and the cape, a much better item than raccoon, as well as spin jump

we haven't yet seen footage of mario actually running in 3D World style before, so it might not be that slow

Will we have costumes again?
And will they work in other styles than the classic Mario?

I hope so.

because it had the most versatile mechanics. Yoshi, the cape, spin jump, better bowser boss that spits fire and shit. It felt the most developed of the 4 styles. NSMBU could've dethroned it if it weren't bland as shit, and I think most can agree that spin jump hops are far more fun than wall jumping

Probably too much work to many unique sprites/models for all costumes in each theme, so probably not

We have double the number of themes from MM1 which is exciting, less visual blandless from playing the same stages with the same themes.

They didnt show enough new stuffs, I hope they really have more new stuffs in stock

Also upwards throw. SMW just has the most fun mechanics. NSMB has wall jump but that's about it
It will definitely get more stuff added in later just like the first game.

I know you're probably right, but it would be so cool if we had permanent "skins" for Mario. Even if it was just Peach, Luigi, Toad and such.

>They didnt show enough new stuffs, I hope they really have more new stuffs in stock

Honestly, slopes are enough for me to purchase this game

Also, I hope we get more music

SMW hits a sweet spot between complexity and simplicity. Being able to spin jump on certain enemies and throw items upward opens a lot of opportunities. And while the wall jumps in NSMB are cool they often break levels along with the mid air spin for extra distance.

Hammer suit, frog suit and tanooki suit when?

Attached: 1200px-Hammer_Mario_SMB3.png (1200x768, 726K)

Hopefully getting Boomerang flower and Penguin suit too.

Attached: a6330e153db912576e4bdf5292ff4a63.jpg (500x567, 309K)

Anyone else hold onto their Wii U for Super Mario Maker? Once/if Pokemon 3 gets ported I’ll finally dump the thing.

Shit, meant Pikmin 3. My brain is tired.

Theres gonna be a 3d world mode? So were gonna have 3d levels?

I pirated the 3DS port.

its the only reason I still have mine.

The levels look like they'll still play in 2D

>i'm actually preordering the limited edition

post yfw they announce mario 64, odyssey, and sunshine themes at e3

Did we ever find out what these bolt things on the hard blocks were? I'm honestly hoping for some sort of mechanic that allows you to move whole sections of blocks together.
Why would you pirate the inferior version?

Attached: bolt_things.png (404x236, 128K)

no chance = no face

Couldn't be bothered to dig out my old Wii U

I still have my Wii U since it's hacked, but I haven't really touched Super Mario Maker since the level sharing threads stopped.
Can't wait to jump back in with 2.

I hope we get multiple backgrounds for each level theme, or at least palette swaps. The white pipes and trees in SMB1. Grass terrain and different sky colors for overworld SMB3, different colored airships. All the different overworlds from SMW. The Ghost House SMW theme having a different color scheme in that one trailer than in MM1 gives me hope for this.

maybe they just redesigned the hard block for the airship theme.

Doesn't seem to be the case, the hard-blocks on top don't have the bolts.

Yeah, it would be nice to unlock cosmetic stuff like that the same way you unlocked costumes in the original game. Costumes were cute and all, but they were locked to the most limited theme in the game. Add music to this list as well.

What enemies have we not seen that they could include?

Shellcreeper Koopas from super Mario World who kick shells instead of jumping into them. Spike. Swoops. Charging chucks. Really hoping for the kicking koopas and swoops because they can make some really cool platforming challenges.

chargin' chucks, flying hammer bros, rexes, reznor, buster beetles, boomerang bros, flame chomps, those dudes that throw up the spike balls.

Mario Maker is uninspired shilling to nostalgia-fags. Just retire 2D mario and only work on 3D ones.

super koopas

Rainbow shell

they could "bulshit" it and make the little sprite become hats, or masks or something

Those costumes are the donut steel of the fandoms, seriously.

Uh huh sure thing kiddo

That's not true. Everyone loves Mario level edits, they're fun. It's a great platform for it, it's like a console version of Mario rom hacks.

Have we seen Ninjis yet?