Reminder people only like Shovel Knight because it's easy

People would love Cuphead more if it wasn't just a shitty series of boss fights and had actual levels like SK.

SK has some seriously good level design, but then you play a skeleton character like Spectar Knight and he has the ability to heal whenever he wants, it kind of makes an already easy game much easier

Attached: shovel knight treasure.jpg (590x332, 66K)

you've made this exact same thread 3 fucking times in a row.

Also, SK is unironically more challenging than cuphead, which doesn't say much but still worth pointing out.

>Also, SK is unironically more challenging than cuphead

How lol - none of the games bosses or levels even come close to twin headed dragon.

sounds like you're just shit at cuphead, op

Nah, but how you can think SK is challenging is utterly baffling

It's like a casualized Ducktales (which even the remake has a harder final level than anything in SK)

They're both really good games, I don't see why one has to be better than the other.

Attached: King_Dice_reflected.png (200x180, 54K)

You have to play a game before talking about it, user.

>People would love Cuphead more if it wasn't just a shitty series of boss fights and had actual levels like SK
what does it matter if a game consists of either only boss battles or only regular levels

Personally, I feel that SK has better/more varied gameplay, but for some reason I'd always replay CH over SK (unless they release a hard mode for the latter).

SK has regular levels, regular levels+Boss fights and just boss fights

On all levels, SK shits on Cuphead (except difficulty)

>SK has regular levels, regular levels+Boss fights and just boss fights
yes, but I was asking what's the problem in being all boss battles

Imagine being this autistic.

Your previous two threads got 25 and 19 replies respectively because nobody cares about your shitty opinion. Why do you think it's appropriate to make the same thread a third time? Fuck off. A thread being archived before hitting the bump limit means the thread wasn't good enough to stay alive. I hope you have a bad day.

Except Cuphead isn't all bosses, is it?

>I hope you have a bad day.

You have genuine autism

>Except Cuphead isn't all bosses, is it?
it has some 'regular' levels sure, but that's clearly not where the focus of the game lies
besides, I don't see how a game consisting only of boss battles would be objectively worse than a game which has regular levels with boss fights, it seems to me like an arbitrary distinction

>You have genuine autism
You're so butthurt about a video game that you posted the same thread three times, twice failing to take the hint that nobody gives a fuck. Disliking your autistic behavior isn't a symptom of autism.

> it seems to me like an arbitrary distinction

That arbitrary distinction being Shovel Knight is great (if easy) while Cuphead is just good

Like Cuphead is a 9/10 game, but Shovel Knight is one of those rare 10/10 games that retards pretend don't exist

And I say this as somebody who REALLY LIKES Cuphead

>people only love sk even though it's shit
>people would love cuphead more if it wasn't shit
>sk is good but then it's shit
You keep remaking this thread. We've had these threads for months now, and I have never even been able to discern what your point even is.
Are you shitting on one game and trashing the other? Are you shitting on both games while intending to do so? Are you attempting to praise both?

Because it looks like you're shitting on both, but it always looks like you're baiting for a fan war regardless.

I hope you realize that the only reason you've been giving as to why you think Shovel Knight is better is 'because it has levels' without explaining WHY having levels makes it better
It's circular reasoning what you're doing right now, you essentially keep saying "it's good because it's good" which isn't an argument or something anyone can even begin refuting because that statement is supported by nothing

Like seriously, what the hell is it you want to say?

tell that to op lmao

Boy I can feel your brain sizzle from here.

>without explaining WHY having levels makes it better

You can use your abilities (either player based or in game character based) on things that aren't bosses

>You can use your abilities (either player based or in game character based) on things that aren't bosses
but what does it matter whether you're using it on bosses or things in levels, they're both things you can interact with

Attached: barnaby is sick of this shit.png (281x697, 161K)

Exploring worlds is fun - there's a reason Castlevania SOTN and Zelda aren't just boss after boss

nigga where the fuck did exploration just come into play
does every game in existence need exploration or something to be better now?

>A thread being archived before hitting the bump limit means the thread wasn't good enough to stay alive
this is not true

>nigga where the fuck did exploration just come into play

It's a part of what makes Shovel Knight good.

>does every game in existence need exploration or something to be better now?

Games with exploration (Ninja Gaiden Black) are better than boss fight after boss fight games (Ninja Blade) - there is no 10/10 boss fights only game, whereas games that have build ups are in fact 10/10 games like Castlevania SOTN. If SOTN was just a bunch of shitty boss fights, you'd want your money back. Cuphead was $20 and fairly priced for the content, but it's going to have DLC that takes it down a peg. Shovel Knight has triple the content for free

I understand with you being a Cuphead fan you don't understand why real levels are fun

Sure it does, it means there's nothing to discuss.
Shovel Knight will be five years old in June, the game's been talked about to death and everybody knows how good it is. There's nothing more to say which is why your threads keep falling off page 10.

Excuse me if not everyones up on the latest meme game

Also despite being old, there's still content coming out for it, so suck a dick - bitch

Fuck off newfag.

>so suck a dick - bitch
are you literally 12 years old?

>Games with exploration (Ninja Gaiden Black) are better than boss fight after boss fight games (Ninja Blade)
okay but why
>games that have build ups
what the fuck are "build ups" even in this context
> I understand with you being a Cuphead fan you don't understand why real levels are fun
stop shoving words in my mouth
what I don't understand here is why the hell you'd say levels are somehow objectively superior to boss fights because both are just two different things entirely which you can't really compare
I'm not even saying one is inherently better than the other because that'd be like saying puzzle games are inherently better than platformers, it just makes no sense and from what I gather your reasoning as to why levels are better it's just because you personally prefer them more, which you are for some reason trying to pass off as objective fact

Should I have called you a cuck? What's your preferred insult, slave?

Why are you so mad? I was just explaining why your threads are dying. If you don't like what I said that's your problem.

WHERE THE FUCK IS KING KNIGHT

I would have beaten it by now but nintendies got the game delayed because of the shitch port.

that's not actually what I said, reread my post again.

>what I don't understand here is why the hell you'd say levels are somehow objectively superior to boss fights because both are just two different things entirely which you can't really compare

Platformers with real levels just offer more variety - especially when Shovel Knight has platformer levels that lead into boss fights, which has been the classic way to do it since Mega Man and even Mario.

>which you are for some reason trying to pass off as objective fact

Time has proven me right, as there is no 10/10 boss fight only game out there.

>Time has proven me right, as there is no 10/10 boss fight only game out there.
Alien Soldier

>Platformers with real levels just offer more variety - especially when Shovel Knight has platformer levels that lead into boss fights, which has been the classic way to do it since Mega Man and even Mario.
what? why would a boss battle be incapable of providing the same type of obstacles a regular level can? it's not like there was a dearth of platforms used in the boss battles in Cuphead, and they can change over time just as fine by switching phases
like, I have no idea how the hell you arrived to this conclusion because all your arguments run so puddle-deep, most of your arguments are just circular or call on tradition, which makes a very poor case from a game design standpoint as to why it would make every game better

I seriously urge you to actually write in detail your standpoint and YOUR ARGUMENTS SUPPORTING YOUR STANDPOINT because at this point I'm not sure whether you're this clueless as to how a debate is supposed to proceed or whether you're just yanking my chain
>Time has proven me right, as there is no 10/10 boss fight only game out there.
I hope you understand why the line of reasoning of "there has never been a perfect game in this genre therefore the genre is imperfect" is incredibly shaky and why the idea of an imperfect genre is silly

>what the fuck are "build ups" even in this context

What is the context and style of the level? Who are the bosses "friends"? And if they're not friends, why are they there? Just animals that reside there? Mercenaries of the big bad? Or something even more sinister, where all the enemies of the stage are the spawn of the boss

There's lots of little things that can make a level leading to the boss more interesting that you can't get with a bosses only game

>there's an user wasting time and (You)s on a falseflagger

Attached: 1551817874099.png (460x486, 158K)

Has more levels and build up than Cuphead.

How else can I explain it to you? It's simply that platformer stages let you do things that bosses can't let you.

Like in Super Mario World, you have the cape and you can cut loose and fly around stages - why would you need the cape for the bosses?

Fighting bosses in Cuphead could be done in 4:3, that's how restrictive feeling it is - but when you have the regular stages, you have no level specific weapons or items akin to SMW's cape

Attached: smw cape.png (256x224, 4K)

>Anyone who says something I don't agree with it's le ebin falseflag i am le alex jones xD

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 45K)

Furi had a walking segment before each boss where someone narrated what you needed to know about the next guy and even then the bosses themselves would have a lot of lines they would speak during the fight itself which would reveal a lot about the context behind the fight

it's not that impossible to do if you use your brain a little and I have no idea whether you believe this is somehow impossible for whatever abstract reason or whether you're that close-minded that the possibility of a cutscene before a boss fight is that far fetched

>Has more levels and build up than Cuphead.
get real, you never even played Alien Soldier and at most you've just looked up a YouTube video right now so you can at least have an inkling of what Alien Soldier is about
>It's simply that platformer stages let you do things that bosses can't let you
And simultaneously bosses let you do things platformer stages can't
Again, you're trying to argue that the color red is better than blue, which is just an exercise in futility if you have a narrow view of bosses and are biased towards platformer stages that much to begin with
Neither is more superior than the other, stop trying to perpetuate this dumb shit
Just because you prefer exploratory games doesn't make games with bosses inherently worse

Attached: mirin'.png (603x436, 167K)

Played Alien Soldier in the Sega Genesis Collection, so nice try at "elitism means I'm right".

>Neither is more superior than the other

Except all the games that are 10/10 that are games with real stages and not a single 10/10 boss only game exists.

Saying "t-t-they're different though!!1" is not an argument - I love cinematic platformers like Flashback, Out of this World and POP1/2, but I think most would agree they're inferior to the real platformers of the time.

Attached: prince of persia 2.jpg (800x966, 171K)

@460968163
>i posted a brainlet wojak and mocking text GET PWNED
i can do it too user
try not making the same dogshit thread multiple times a day and maybe people won't be able to catch on as easily

Attached: 1533470924104.jpg (632x1952, 106K)

>can't even spell specter right

Attached: fuck your stupid bait.jpg (625x626, 91K)

cuphead hit boxes have something to be fixed imo, it's not a bad game, but it's bullshit at times

That's the correct spelling though, Specter isn't even an acceptable alternative spelling, it's just not a word.

What dimension are you living in

Attached: why am i contributing to this thread the op is like 11.jpg (667x724, 62K)

I literally typed Specter into google and only the dictionary definition of Spectre showed up, nothing for specter at all.

>Played Alien Soldier in the Sega Genesis Collection
I hoped you would actually prove me wrong by showing some insight about the game instead of giving me the impression you maybe played it once like 10 years ago for five minutes
>Except all the games that are 10/10 that are games with real stages and not a single 10/10 boss only game exists.
this doesn't make a lick of sense
why WOULDN'T a 10/10 boss only game be able to exist? just because there may not be one right now doesn't mean one can't be made in the future
I mean, this sure as shit wouldn't make much sense if you said this about first-person shooters when the only notable entry was Wolfenstein 3D, and that's not even going into the whole bayou of what's considered a 10/10, how many fucking genres can even boast having an actual 10/10 game to begin with
like there's that Shadow of the Colossus game everyone constantly fellates, but what the hell do I know
>Saying "t-t-they're different though!!1" is not an argument
I hope that you understand that just saying "not an argument" is not an argument in and of itself and leaves me with little to retort with and only places this debate into a dead end. I can't seriously respond if I have nothing to respond to
If boss battles and regular levels being different does not count as to why it's silly to consider one superior than the other then I'll have to know why
>cinematic platformers
I don't see what this has to do with anything

>>cinematic platformers
>I don't see what this has to do with anything

Literally the crux of this whole thing, some games are better than others - cinematic platformers aren't made that often anymore which is a shame because I've had a hankering

>yfw delayed

>Literally the crux of this whole thing
why is it so hard for you to actually explain your reasoning
why do I have to constantly yank your tail to get you to actually explain why you believe the things you do and how it relates to the subject at hand

I like both Shovel Knight and Cuphead. What now?

It's just design philosophy, clearly one is good and one is bad - there's no being a centrist about it.

Shovel Knight is okay, but it doesn't feel memorable to me. It doesn't have a whole lot of charisma and personality by itself, I think. Even though it has some nice gameplay ideas and graphics, it's obvious that it is deriving extremely strongly on plenty of much older games. I like the game, but it just seems like it doesn't have much lasting appeal, I don't know.

Then put on your fucking MatthewFagtosis or Joseph Cunterson mask and actually try to break down why boss only games are inherently inferior

>muh exploration
what if I'm making a time rush game about beating bosses or levels as quickly as possible like Dustforce or Alien Soldier? classicvania and ninja gaiden for the NES also had next to no exploration and got by just fine, besides its moronic to assume exploration could fit in every type of game, especially in games focused around combat, like DMC had explory bits inbetween the arenas but that shit got cut down in DMC5 because most people rightfully felt it took away too much time from actually fighting shit
>muh context
Senator Armstrong barely appeared in the entirety of MGR and only needed a few cutscenes and 1on1 boss phases to shoot to many's position as favourite boss, you didn't need a 'regular level' for that shit and there's no reason why you couldn't do the same in a boss-only game
>muh stage flexibility
there's nothing preventing boss battles from doing the same thing regular levels can, some bosses can radically alter the layout of the platforms themselves with each phase for a stage-like progression, you only need to look at Seven Force
hell, if you want to see examples of how boss battles can work as roaming threats in semi-open levels instead of being relegated completely to locked-off arenas you should look at the Resident Evil games

>there's nothing preventing boss battles from doing the same thing regular levels can

Yeah some levels do try and be more platformer than boss like the skeleton train - that just makes you miss real levels more.

>Yeah some levels do try and be more platformer than boss like the skeleton train - that just makes you miss real levels more.
Yes, it makes you miss real levels, but why does it make you miss real levels more?
Another question, why didn't you just tell beforehand why it makes you miss real levels more? Did you think it would be more convincing if you didn't?

Keep in mind that if your next response is another dumbass non sequitur even after the many times I told you to actually explain your reasoning that you shouldn't expect anymore replies out of me, because I don't want to do all the heavy lifting in this conversation by myself. Considering how often your previous threads died, I highly doubt anyone other than me is willing to put up with your elementary school-grade logic more than a second.

MGR also has real levels so another bad example

>classicvania for the NES also had next to no exploration and got by just fine

Castlevania 2 - oof

Why should I argue with someone that thinks boss games are that different than platformer games with bosses? Boss games are just knee capped games without content

JUST

>if you want to see examples of how boss battles can work as roaming threats in semi-open levels instead of being relegated completely to locked-off arenas you should look at the Resident Evil games

RE3 wouldn't work as a giant boss fight that ended once he lost all his health - Nemesis is tied in with the story